Silver

By Siekyou

Why did i live? For what purpose? Why me? More

1. Dead
2. Tara
4. Star
5. Strong
6. Spear
7. Hide
8. Sweet
9. Warmth
10. Home
11. Read
12. Magus
13. Gulp
14. Girl
15. Charm
16. Mother
17.Her
18. Origin
19. Transition
20. See you soon
21. Arrived
22. Find
23. Agnes
24. Monica
Author's note
25. Handsome
26. Train
27. Respect
28. Hero
29. Bow
30. Deos
31. Fly
32. Dog
33. Visitors
34. Fabian
35. Airplanes

3. Seedling

447 27 7
By Siekyou

After two years

Deos, Imperial year 7
Hugo town, In the middle of the forest

The chirping of the birds could be heard everywhere, the sun is shining hitting top of the tall trees providing shades. The fresh breeze of the wind swaying the branches, creating a very relaxing sound.

As small footsteps can be heard crunching the grass on the ground, a small head popped out from behind a tree.

"Have you found it already?" A woman wearing a simple shirt and trousers, laying on the ground, with her hands on the back of her head as a pillow. Without opening her eyes, asked the small child holding a coin purse.

"Yes, mother. I found it! It's so easy to find it." The child answered as she lied down beside the woman, spreading her limbs as she also closes her eyes.

"My seedling is really a genius, I'm pretty sure you didn't get that from me. HAHAHAHAHA." The woman heartily laughed feeling proud.

"Then who did i get it from?" The child's question made the woman stop.

"Uhm, you got it from someone very intelligent, someone very reliable, someone very clever. Hahaha." Different from earlier this laugh is more forced.

The woman fell into a trance as she glanced at the sky losing herself in the sights of the clouds.
______________________

Silver's point of view

It's been two years since i was born in this world. Not much has happened, but in the first year of me being born, i get to understand a lot more about this world.

This is a world of magic, i know, it's impossible, but it really is. The first time i came across magic, i was surprised, i mean, who wouldn't?

I just saw the woman taking care of me, my mother, created fire from her hands. She just casually lit up a bunch of woods in the fireplace. My eyes almost came out of it's socket and i can't help but to yelp, making my mother laugh. She poked my cheeks again saying i was so cute.

She told me that, what she did is magic. The fire came from Magus, the energy coming from the nature, and then she said that she used it to create fire. She's seriously explaining it as if a baby can understand, as I've said, i'm no ordinary baby but still.

So that's how i came to know, that this world is a fantasy world, for me at least.

The next couple of months is pretty interesting, i get to see her use Magus, i get to see her train. She is a very skilled fighter, that i'm sure. She always bring me whenever she trains her fighting skills, she's very good in hand to hand combat and she's even using sword and other various weapons.

It's always my favorite time  whenever she brings me to the town. She introduces me to different things, like the armory, the market, the blacksmiths, carpenters, artist's shops, and even the small food stalls.

Whenever we go to the town, a lot of people are waving at us. She, my mother, is a very friendly person, i wouldn't be surprised if she says that she knows everyone in here.

In exchange for Mother's good deeds, there's always a bunch of people bringing us vegetables and fruits as a thank you gift. They say thank you because mother is helping them with some practical things, like fixing their roofs, helping with farming, and other laborious things.

Years with my mother helped me understand that she lives a crude life, she's not very clever when it comes to things that needs logic and reason, she's a woman that resolves everything with force.

Of course she uses her head when it is needed, but most of the time, she just uses her fist.

Living with her somewhat made me a crude person too, though i never really lived a very strict life before, even if i became a very wealthy person, i have my own set of rules for my self but that's about it.

Now that i'm 2 years old, going 3 years old. I can easily go with her wherever she goes and help her the best that i can, especially with the cooking. Mother is a very skilled fighter, but she's not at all  blessed with cooking.

That's why, cooking is assigned to me. Yes, i'm still a little small- okay, maybe a lot smaller than i want to be, but i can still manage to do what i need to do. I can ask for mother's help if i can't do anything, which is not that much and often.

After opening my eyes, i quickly sat up and faced mother. I pulled the purse from my side and gave it to her, "here's your purse mother, i found it on top of the drawer in my room. You gave lots of harder clues today." I childishly said as i still have a small voice.

"Hahahaha, what's the point of treasure hunting if it's not going to make you think?!" Mother said as she smirks at me.

"Hmph, that's what you always say- ah! Mother, there's a person in front of our door!" I pointed at the hooded person standing in front of our house.

I'm the only one who can see them as mother is still lying down.

Mother sat up from the ground and looked at the direction of our house.

She looked at me and said that i should wait for her here.

I watched her back as she walked towards our house. As she reached the person, i saw them talking for a bit, the hooded person gave her something. After some time, the hooded person walked away leaving mother looking at something she is holding, i'm assuming it is a letter.

She looked my direction waving me over. So i got up from sitting on the ground and made my way towards her.

As we went inside the house, mother explained what that person's business with her is.

"That person is someone from the capital, he came to deliver this letter," mother said as she put the letter down on the table in front of us.

I reached out to get the letter and unfolded it. "What the heck! I can't understand a thing! The letters are different... come to think of it, this is the first time i came across a writing since i was born in this world. This just means that right now, i'm illiterate. I need to learn how to read and write." I put down the letter in defeat as i can't make out anything from it however i  turn the paper.

"I can't read it mother," i turned to her.

"This letter came from your mother," she looked at me as she was saying those words.

"My mother? What do you mean?" I asked her confused. Who wouldn't be? All this time i thought she's my mother.

"From your other mother." She continued.

"My other mother? Mother, what are you talking about?"

"What i mean is that, you are my child with another woman, she was my lover, she's your other mother." She explains, though im still confused.

"Is that possible mother?" I was totally shock, i'm frozen in my spot as i can't comprehend what i just learned.

Whenever we are outside i get to see that this world is not as homophobic as i thought it would be, like those historical period i learned at school. I even saw two men kissing in public, and saw two women being intimate, and nobody is talking and looking at them weird.

My mother is totally gay, i can feel it in my bones. She is also popular with women, she even has an admirer always bringing us food here, so i'm not that surprised that she had a woman as a lover.

What i'm surprised about is, how can two women have a child? This is a world of magic, i understand that. But this is too much for someone like me who lived my whole life relying on science.

"Yes, my dear daughter, you are a product of our love. You are from a life seed, from the tree of life." Mother calmly said to me, holding the letter in her hands.

"Oh, now i know, i think i heard her mention that tree before. So that's why she sometimes calls me seedling."

"If that's true mother, then where is she? Why is she not with us?" I asked.

"Because she can't be with us, she already has her own family, and she have responsibilities she can't leave behind." Mother said as she held my cheek, gazing at me with her watery eyes.

"Then, who is she?"

Mother looked at me and sighed, stood up from her seat, walked towards our window and stared  outside with a faraway look in her eyes.

She glanced back at me and answered. "Deborah Anastasia Cross, the Grand Duchess of Cross, she's your mother."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 5 53
During judgement, it seems god decided to repeat what I was hoping for.
491K 27.6K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
6 1 3
Magic, blood and poorly explained(questionable) motives. What else could you possibly wish for? For test readers. Unfinished.
14.2K 658 11
Whenever I read books or watch some movies or tv shows, I always say that the MC should have done it differently then whatever they faced would've en...