Run With the Wolves

By highlandelf29

"Dude that was Derek Hale and Enola Fox! You remember right? They're only like a few years older then us... T... More

Cast
The Pack Survives... Right?
Call of the Alpha
Mates
The Leader of the Pack

Family After All

105 6 2
By highlandelf29

Enola ran beside Derek through the warehouse district as the cops followed after them "How I wind up back on their list again?" She called as the two ran from a cop car, Derek didn't bother to answer because he slipped as another car appeared. Enola kept her feet dragging Derek from the ground and running around the corner, two German Shepherds chased after them and Derek turned growling at them making them turn tail and run away. 

"You and your hatred of dogs!" Enola called 

"I don't hate them, I just understand why you would want one." He called back as they hid behind some equipment, Enola was about to answer when she was blinded by a bright light. She groaned in pain trying to tune her senses, Derek recovered faster grabbing her arm and pulling her around the corner. Just as Argent was about to shoot at the two again Dereks Camaro appeared, and Stiles called out "Get in." 

The two mates ran jumping in the backseat where they were rather crammed because Embry was also there. He grinned at his siblings "Hey guys!" 

Enola growled in annoyance "I thought I told you to stay home!"

Embry shrugged "No Alpha eyes sis, which means it was just my sister saying words." 

Enola growled at the younger wolf and noticed that Derek was speaking "Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris." 

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles asked, Scott looked confused "Why him?"
"I don't know yet."

"Maybe she just realized what a bad teacher he was." Embry muttered to himself, as Scott asked "What's the second?"
"Some kind of symbol." Enola reached into her pocket pulled out the paper, and showed the drawing to the boys. Derek saw Scott's look of realization "What?""You know what this is?" Enola asked and Scott sighed before speaking "I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace." 

____________________________________________

"How did they find out about the cabin?" Embry muttered as he and his pack ducked behind a log, Derek rolled his eyes and reached over to swat Embry over the head "Ever heard of the records office Embry?"

Enola rolled her eyes at the two "Stop it." She watched as the cops moved around her family cabin before she sighed "Until this blows over, we need a place to hide.. Any ideas?"

Embry grinned "You know that old saying that the best place to hide is in plain sight?" Both older wolves turned to look at him as he finished "What if you hide right under the sheriff's nose?" 

Derek groaned "I hate you." 

The two older wolves snuck inside Stiles room and hid behind the door as the boy entered without a care in the world and sunk into his chair. The sound of sheriff Stilinski calling finally made the boy turn " Yo, D...." He froze as he saw the wanted couple before him "Derek?" 

Derek gave a shushing motion and pointed to the door silently telling Stiles to get rid of his dad. Stiles walked out greeting his father and what proceeded had to be the most awkward conversation Enola had heard since the time Winona tried to tell their father where she had snuck to. 

Finally, the boy re-entered the room "I'm sor.." his apology was cut off as Derek slammed him against the door "If you say one word..."Stiles smirked "Oh, what? You mean, like, "Hey, Dad, Derek Hale and Enola Fox are in my room. Bring your gun!?" Derek simply stared at the boy and Enola couldn't help a small smile of amusement at her big, bad, husband being silenced by a teenager. "Yeah, that's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules, buddy."
"Play nice Derek." Enola whispered and Derek clenched his jaw but slowly placed Stiles back on the floor before straightening his shirt. Stiles laughed and did the same to Dereks jacket before turning away, Derek jerked his head forward making Stiles jump "Oh, my gosh!" 
Enola smirked but moved forward "Scott didn't get the necklace?""No. He's still working on it. But, there's something else we can try. The night we were trapped at the school, Scott sent a text to Allison asking her to meet him there."
Enola frowned slightly wondering why Scott would do that but Derek simply shrugged "So?""So, it wasn't Scott.""Well, can you find out who sent it?""No, not me... But, I think I know somebody who can..."
They waited until a boy named Danny arrived, Enola was hanging off Stiles bed reading a book, and Derek sat in a chair beside her. When Stiles explained what he wanted the new boy stared "You want me to do what?""Trace a text."Danny stared in disbelief "I came here to do lab work-- that's what lab partners do.""And we will! ...Once you trace the text.""And what makes you think I know how?""I-I looked up your arrest report, so.."Danny immiedietly grew defensive "I-I was thirteen. They dropped the charges."Stiles shrugged "Whatever.""No, we're doing lab work." Grabbing a stool the boy pulled it towards the computer and sat down with an air of finality, until he looked back noticing the people behind him. Although Enola noticed that his eyes were on Derek, not her.

"Who are they again?" The boy asked and Stiles blinked "Um, my cousin... Miguel..." Derek slowly shot a glare Stiles direction before looking back to the book he was reading and Stiles continued "and his... friend.. Raven"

Enola rolled fully off the bed until she was in a sitting position so she could watch what happened next.  Danny was still staring at Derek as he asked "Is that blood on his shirt?"

Enola smirked "Yes, he gets terrible nosebleeds has since we were kids.. It's sad really, his mother barely lets him leave the house."

Derek growled just loud enough for Enola to hear, but she paid him no mind as Stiles called out "Hey, Miguel... I thought I told you you could borrow one of my shirts."

Derek stood jaw clenched in anger as he moved to Stiles dresser, and Enola watched with rapt attention as he pulled his shirt off. Whatever Stiles was saying flew in one ear and out the other until Derek turned face full of irritation

"Uh, Stiles...?"
The boy turned "Yes?"

"This... no... fit!"

"Then try something else on!"
Enola wasn't even trying to restrain her giggles now, and Derek glared at her as he pulled the next shirt on, looking away Enola's eyes landed on Danny who kept glancing Dereks way. Stiles saw this as well and smirked turning to Derek who had on an orange and blue striped shirt "Hey, that one looks pretty good, huh? What do you think, Danny?"Danny shifted clearly uncomfortable "Huh?""The shirt?""It's... it's not really his color..." Danny whispered and Derek scowled before once again pulling the shirt off and going back to the drawer, Enola finally took pity on her lover and moved forward to help him 

Stiles meanwhile was blackmailing Danny "You swing for a different team, but you still play ball, don't you, Danny-boy?"

"You're a horrible person.""I know. It keeps me awake at night. Anyway, about that text..."
Derek groaned when neither he nor Enola could find a shirt "Stiles! None of these fit!" Danny looked back blinking slightly as he took in Derek, Enola stepped in front of her husband sending a smirk to the teenage boy. Danny swallowed "I'll need the ISP, the phone number, and the exact time of the text."
Stiles pumped a fist in victory and Enola turned to Derek "Come on let's try his dad's room." 
As soon as the door to Stiles room closed behind them Enola turned pulling her husband into a deep kiss, he moaned heavily and his hands traveled her body as hers did his. Finally they pulled back breathless and Enola smiled "I thought you might need a stress reliever." 
Derek groaned "You have no idea." 
Enola laughed "You might be surprised..... Come on let's get a shirt before that kid realizes you arent available." A little bit later Danny finally spoke "There. The text was sent from a computer. This one."Both older wolves leaned in reading what popped up Derek frowned in confusion "Registered to that account name?""No, no, no, no. That can't be right." 
After Danny left Derek and Enola drug Stiles from the house making him drive to the Hospital, Enola stared at the building a strange feeling inside of her... Like everything was not as it seemed... Stiles called Scott "Did you get the picture?"

"Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing."

Derek twisted Stiles wrist as he pulled the phone closed "Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something-- an inscription, an opening, something?"

"No, no, the thing's flat. And, no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing." He paused addressing Stiles "And where are you? You're supposed to be here. You're first line. Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start..."Stiles sighed "I know. Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him... tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? All right, thanks." Derek gave the boy a grim look "You're not gonna make it.""I know.""And you didn't tell him about his mom, either.""Not 'til we find out the truth."Derek nodded and Enola felt more than saw his annoyance from earlier resurge "By the way? One more thing..."Stiles frowned "Yeah?"
Derek grabbed Stiles head and slammed it into the steering wheel and the boy howled in pain "What the hell was.." Derek growled "You know that was for. Go. Go!"
As Stiles ran from the car Enola chuckled making Derek frown "He annoys me sooo much." 
"Oh take it easy on him Derek, he's just a pup." 
______________________________________________
Embry sat beside Scott at the game and when Jackson took a seat on the other side of the boy he pretended not to listen. "It's the bite that does it, isn't it?" Jackson asked Scott hesitantly looked to Embry who gave a barely discernable shake of his showing not to involve him "Yes.""Well, then, it's easy!"
Embry gave a quiet scoff at that, he knew the trouble of finding an Alpha willing to bite someone... And Scott shook his head "No, it's not. I can't be the one to do it, okay? It has to be-it has to be an Alpha.""Well, then, you get him to do it.""I don't even know who "he" is! Okay, trust me-- this whole thing is so much more complicated than you think. There's-there's others. There are Hunters."

"Hunting what? What Hunters?""Werewolf Hunters."Jackson laughed in derision "You've got to be kidding me.""No, jerk-off! There's a whole family of them, and they carry assault rifles. Do you get that? Assault rifles."
Scott glanced back to where Allison and her family sat and Jackson followed his gaze "Them?"Scott shook his head "What? No, no""That actually makes sense. Allison Argent." "You don't get it! You've known her this long, and you never actually asked her her name, idiot! Do you know what Argent means in French?"
Scott shook his head and Embry finally leaned forward including himself in the conversation "It means silver."

 _______________________________________________

Outside the hospital Enola quietly hummed the same tune she always did, and Derek tapped his fingers impatiently until Stiles called his phone "Yeah, I said I can't find her."

Derek rolled his eyes "Look, ask for Jennifer or Nolan...  They've been looking after my uncle and Enola's sister." Stiles walked into the room where the two comatose patients had been "Yeah, well, they aren't here, either."
Enola froze her mind going back to what her grandmother had said: "An Alpha never murders mindlessly, no matter what it looks like there is always a plan." And suddenly everything became clear, lunging forward she grabbed the phone "Get out of there Stiles! It's them they are the Alpha's!"

Inside Stiles turned and froze when he saw Peter Hale standing before him face half burnt but still smirking in amusement "You must be Stiles."

"What are you doing here?" Nurse Jennifer asked as Stiles turned the other direction, turning towards the desk Nurse Nolan approached with a creepy grin "Visiting hours are over."

Stiles gasped "You... and him... You're-you're the one's who-- Oh, my-- and he's-- I'm gonna die."

The nurses moved forward but were cut off as Derek arrived knocked the male into a wall and elbowed the female in the face to knock her out, Peter tsked disapprovingly "That's not nice. She's my nurse." He glanced to the male and grinned slightly "Never liked him much though."

Derek growled "They were psychotic monsters helping you kill people. Get out of the way."

Stiles immediately sank to the floor out of the way and Peter stalked forward "You think I killed Laura on purpose? One of my own family?" Derek growled attacking his uncle but Peter barely had to react as he shoved his nephew into a wall, then grabbed him by the throat and drug him down the hall "My mind, my personality, were literally burned out of me." 

Dropping Derek beside the nurse he knelt and grabbed something from Jennifer's pocket "I was being driven by pure instinct." 

Derek rose "You want forgiveness?" he asked as he punched his uncle who barely flinched before punching him back "I want understanding." As Derek fought to rise Peter continued speaking "Do you have any idea what it was like for me during those years? Slowly healing, cell by cell. Even more slowly coming back to consciousness. Feeling my mates pain, having her screams be the last thing I heard before becoming comatose....Yes, becoming an Alpha, taking that from Laura pushed me over a plateau in the healing process. I can't help that." Derek rose in anger trying to fight but he was no match for Peter who threw him away with ease "I tried to tell you what was happening. I tried to warn you."

Derek drug himself away from Peter, knowing the fight between the two was as good as over, it was time to let a more powerful werewolf take over. Peter followed his nephew who leaned against a cabinet groaning in pain, looking in a mirror at his burnt face Peter scowled "I was going to wait for dramatic flair, but..." He spun the mirror and Derek watched in awe as his uncle's face fully healed "When you look this good, why wait?"

"You always were vain Peter." 

Peter froze as Enola's voice rang through the room, turning he found her squatting in an attack position at the door her eyes glowing red.

 "Little Fox, what a pleasure."  

Enola attacked and the two Alpha's exchanged blows, it was easy to see that while Peter had the age and talent Enola was stronger and faster. Derek stood joining his mate in the fight, but just as it seemed Peter was going to be beaten a loud growl was heard and Enola was knocked to the ground. 

Peter easily grabbed Derek around the throat as Enola fought to get up but the werewolf above her morphed back to human form and Enola froze at the sight of her sister's healed face. 

Winona smiled down at her baby sister in amusement "Miss me?" 

Peter watched as his beloved mate stood turning her head to face him, he inhaled sharply amazed by her beauty as he always had been. He shoved Derek down beside Enola "Derek, Enola, you have to give us a chance to explain."
Winona nodded linking hands with Peter (which Enola took notice of) and spoke "After all, we're family." 

___________________________________________

Enola walked beside her older sister into the high school "So, you and Derek huh? When did that happen? I mean it's about time the kid finally accepted that you were his mate but still." 

Enola laughed "You're one to talk, what about you and Peter? I thought you said you would never accept... What was it you called him?" She looked ahead and noticed Peter's shoulders tense "Oh, yeah that shiftless, unreliable, idiot who acted like he was the prettiest thing on the planet." 

Winona frowned looking down "That was a long time ago, during the last six years Peter was all I had, and now he's all I need." 

Peter spun a small smile on his face "I feel the same way my darling Nona." 

Enola almost threw up right then and there her eyes straying to Derek who looked back with shame in his gaze. They both knew they were feasting with the enemy, but they wanted revenge as much as Peter and Winona did.. And if they got their family back at the same time, perhaps, they could eventually forgive them. 

Waiting in the locker room for the other players to leave Scott and Embry were finally alone, and Enola and Derek revealed themselves. The two younger wolves rushed forward Embry hugging his sister as Scott asked "Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?" 

Embry suddenly froze his senses picking up what Scott didn't, he turned eyes landing on Peter and he gasped causing Scott to turn as well. 

"I really don't get lacrosse..." Peter mumbled while looking at a lacrosse stick Scott backed away "It was you."

Peter continued like he hadnt heard Scott "When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport. Still, I read somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes, and that they played it to resolve conflict." He tilted his head and looked up towards the. ceiling "Do I have that right?"
"First off" A female voice called and Winona dropped from the ceiling causing Embry to stare in disbelief and confusion "you didn't read anything I told you and second, yes that is correct."
Winona's eyes traveled to Embry and she smiled lovingly "Embry.." 
Embry shook his head "Thats not possible." he backed away moving behind Enola which caused his eldest sister to frown, Peter placed a hand on his mate's shoulder as a sign to have patience and he continued to speak to both Scott and Embry "Winona and I have a little conflict of our own to resolve, Scott, Embry... But we need your help to do it." Scott shook his head "I'm not helping you kill people."Peter rolled his eyes "Well, I don't want to kill all of them-- just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include..." he paused glancing to Derek in question, Derek sighed before he answered "Allison."

"You're on his side?" Scott asked and Embry moved out from behind Enola taking a spot beside Scott as he asked in disbelief "Are you forgetting the part where he... They... killed Laura?"
Enola shook her head "No Embry, but.." she trailed off glancing to Derek for support and Derek whispered "It was a mistake..."

"What?"

"It happens..."
Embry shook his head "You can't be serious." 
Winona stepped forward "Embry, look at me," he did so and Winona smiled moving forward and taking his hands in hers "what happened was an accident, do you truly think I would just let Peter murder someone?"
When he didn't answer Winona spoke again "I am still me, your big Sona."

Embry closed his eyes at the mention of the name he had called his sister when young, when Scott noticed his friend beginning to fold he frowned "Embry?"
Peter spoke up "Scott, I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We just really want to help you reach your full potential."Scott scoffed "By killing my friends?""Sometimes the people closest to you can be the ones holding you back the most." Scott scoffed "If they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut-job like you, I'm okay with that."Peter stepped forward with a sigh "Maybe..." he extended his claws "you could try and see things from my perspective..." with that he lunged digging his claws into Scott's neck, Derek looked away but Enola watched her heart hurting as the boy fell to the floor writhing in pain. 
Peter and Winona turned to walk away and Embry looked back to his Alpha, and saw the look in her eyes and he knew.. His sister was playing the game..

___________________________________________

For the next few days, the Fox pack and Derek decided to lay low and allow Peter and Winona to work out their plan. It was easy for Enola to see that Winona did not appreciate Peter's obsession with adding Scott to his pack, and she especially did not like the plan he came up with. After Peter left the hideout to go take Scott's mother out for dinner Enola approached her sister "Hey." 
Winona looked up and smiled, as annoyed as she was with Peter she was happy to be with her sister again. "Hey Nola." 

Enola sat beside her sister on the stairs of the warehouse and grinned "I was just thinking of that time when we went on the road trip during my senior year." 

Winona's smile grew wider as memories of her and her younger sister in an old mustang blew through her mind "That was fun."

Enola nodded "Then we ran into Peter..." Winona's smile dropped at the memory "yeah, he was flirting with that were-coyote chick and you were so mad.. What happened to her again?"

Winona growled "I don't remember." and the truth was she didn't all she did know was that after the incident when she had caught Peter in bed with the coyote which is where her memory stopped.. Her eyes had been blue instead of yellow, and Winona had to wonder whether or not she had killed the girl. She had asked Peter, but his memory cut off in the same place hers did, her bursting into the room.

Enola could see the anger coursing through Winona's body, and inwardly smirked "Yeah.. But that was a good time." 

Scott stared into the darkness looking for his mother's date, he turned his back for a second and when he looked back there stood Peter smirking "Hello there."

Scott quickly tried to slam the door shut but Peter simply grabbed it and gave Scott anunamused look "Really? Slam the door in my face? Come on, Scott-- take a second to think that through."

"I'll tell her."Peter laughed "That I used to be a catatonic invalid with burns covering half my face? Good luck with that.""If you hurt her, if you even touch her..""Scott, if I may interrupt your listing of the top five most impotent-sounding threats for a moment, try and remember that  I've been in a coma for six years. Don't you think I'd like to have dinner with a beautiful woman?"
Scott scowled and tuned out his mother's yelling as Peter continued "Or, maybe you think that I've come up with an idea? Like, how it might be easier to convince you to be part of the pack... if your mother is, too. You need to understand how much more powerful we are together.

You, me, Winona, her siblings, and Derek." He paused thinking for a moment about his mate, he knew she wasn't happy with his plan but she would forgive him, he continued "Did you know that some of the most successful military operations during the Second World War were the German U-boat attacks? Do you know what they called them? "Wolf packs." Did you know that? Or are you failing history as well?" 
"I know the Germans lost the war." Scott shot back and Peter shrugged "I think you'll find that most historians would argue that as a failure of leadership... And trust me, we don't have that problem here."Melissa McCall ran out and smiled "I'm ready! I'm ready. Sorry again." Peter smiled at her but in his mind, he couldn't help but weigh her against his mate, and like all women, Melissa McCallum fell short.
As they left Scott stopped them "Mom.." "Yes, sweetheart?" Behind her back, Peter gave him a dangerous look and Scott relented "Have a good time."

______________________________________________
Embry walked beside Derek both of them mentally preparing for what they were about to do, Embry looked to Derek "This isnt right."
Derek nodded "I know, but what choice do we have? We are severely outnumbered and Enola can't fight two Alpha's"
Embry closed his eyes "I'm worried, I feel the pull to listen to Winona.. It's not as strong as my pull to Enola but it's still there." 
Derek paused looking to Embry in confusion "That doesn't make sense, Enola is your Alpha by right."
Embry shrugged "But, is she? I mean Winona was next in line, what if that could eventually override Enola's rights?" 

Derek frowned unsurely and Embry shrugged "Let's just get this over with." the two moved into the boy's locker room and confronted Jackson offering him the bite. 

Enola smirked as her sister got into her car and went to stalk Peter, Enola knew how fragile a mate bond could be when it was ignored for years at a time. And Winona had ignored her's for nearly sixteen before the fire, and Peter in his pain had sought comfort in other women. 

Enola grabbed her cellphone and made a call "Hey Doc, sorry about what Derek did a few weeks ago.... Yeah, I appreciate that.. Look I need your help." 

Embry and Derek led Jackson to the Hale house where they planned to kill him for his knowledge. Embry whispered to Derek "Why doesn't he just change him?"

Derek shrugged he had asked Enola the same thing and she had just sighed "I hate to say this, but for Jackson, this is the best thing to do.. Consider it a mercy." Derek had never heard his mate speak like that so he accepted it, and he nudged Jackson forward towards the house "Go ahead."

Jackson went to move forward but frowned "Is it safe? I don't want rafters falling on my head.""Go in.""What's in here?"Embry patted him on the shoulder as Derek continued "Everything you want. It's gonna be all right. Trust me."Entering the house Jackson looked around his eyes widening "This house... It's the same h-house..."Derek stiffened "What'd you say?"

"I've dreamt about this place." Jackson continued "I-I remember the staircase... I remember these-these walls... I remember everything."Derek looked to his brother confusion painting both their faces "You've been here?"Jackson shook his head "No, never. I dreamt it." a look of realization crossed the boys face "There's no one else here, and no one else is coming...?" Both werewolves shook their head and Jackson backed away "No, please. Please, don't, okay? I'll shut up-- I'll never say another word again. I'll leave Scott alone. Please, you can't do this! Please! I-I don't deserve it--"Derek thought back to his wife's words before speaking, "I think you do."

"N-no!"

"Look around you!" Derek growled "Wouldn't there be someone here trying to save you? There's no one here. There is a reason. No one cares that you drive an expensive car. No one cares that you have perfect hair, and no one cares that you're captain of the lacrosse team."

Embry felt another presence and looked up before Scott spoke "Excuse me..." Derek's head shot up "Co-captain." the younger wolf jumped landing before them and Derek growled "Move!"

"No.""Fine. I'll kill you, too!"
Embry hesitated about to move forward and side with Scott when a bang was heard and Derek shoved him to the ground "Cover your eyes!"
Scott was hit and Embry crawled to his friend "Get him out of here!" Derek yelled making Embry frown "What about you?" Derek smiled sadly at the boy who he considered his brother"I'll hold them off, get him out of here." Embry hesitated and Derek growled "NOW EMBRY!" 
Embry nodded and grabbed hold of Scott turning and running away, getting into the woods Embry heard screams and looked back. Scott groaned falling to the ground, but Embry quickly tried to pull him up, hearing a twig snap Embry laid Scott down and growled threateningly. 
A man Embry vaguely recognized stepped out of the woods "What do you want?" Embry asked as the man smiled muttering a phrase that made Embry calm down "Vatican Cameos." 
As the man whose name was Dr.Deaton helped Embry get Scott into his car, Embry asked "How did you know my sister's code?" 
"She told me, she tells me a lot of things," Deaton told him with a kind smile, and the two hopped in the car and drove to the vet's office where Enola stood waiting. Her eyes moved over the two of them and she frowned "Where's Derek?"
Embry looked to his sister and hung his head in shame "He bought us time to get away. I think they caught him." 
Enola stared at him before she growled and then released the earsplitting roar of an Alpha who wanted revenge.

_________________________________________________

The next morning Scott awoke to find Embry pacing the room, and Dr.Deaton turned from his work with a smile "Welcome to the land of the conscious. You doing okay?"Scott almost fell over and Embry flashed forward catching him, Deaton smiled "Maybe you should sit down Scott, huh?"
Embry and Scott looked up as the bell to the door rang, Embry pulled Scott back and the two moved to the corner trying to calm themselves. Dr.Deaton walked out with a smile on his face, his eyes met those of Winona Fox and he smiled at her surprised look. Peter who had stepped forward didn't notice "Hi there. we're here to pick up."

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off..."Peter smirked "These wandered in on their own."

"Even if they did, I'm afraid we can't help you. We're closed."
"Peter," Winona whispered but Peter didn't notice her words so focused on the man that was keeping him from his goal "Well, I think you can make an exception this one time, don't you?"Deaton shook his head stepping forward without fear, and Winona stepped back knowing the truth of the man before her "I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours?"Peter growled "You have something of mine. I'm here to collect it." he reached out and grabbed the gate instantly jerking back and looking to his mate finally noticing her expression. "Like I said" the doctor told him with a smug grin "we're closed. in fact, I think you can ask your companion about our normal hours of operation."
Peter looked to his mate who sighed "Mountain ash.. Still up to your old tricks Deaton?"Deaton smiled "Let me be as clear as possible: We. Are. Closed."

Peter nodded and turned away but his mate called out "Embry.. Come on." 
Embry bit his lip, as strong as her call was Enola had wisely given an Alpha order before she left. Winona frowned angrily and grabbed Peter's hand the two leaving together.. But not before Peter threatened Scott "There are others who can help me get what I want, Scott... More innocent, and far more vulnerable."

Outside Peter growled in annoyance as Winona released his hand and moved to her car, he tilted his head and ran up grabbing her arm "You knew?"

Winona raised an eyebrow "First I hardly think I like your tone, second no I didn't I thought he would have moved on."

Peter sighed "I'm sorry, its just."

Winona reached up placing a hand on his face "I know, I feel it too.." she sighed both of their tempers were twice as bad as they had been before the fire.. "I'm sorry about last night."

Peter smiled leaning his forehead against hers, she had jumped him up one side and down the other but it didn't bother him "It's hot when you get jealous."

Winona rolled her eyes and turned "Come on let's find my kid sister before she does something stupid." Peter pouted silently but his face shifted into a grin when Winona reached over and placed a hand on his leg before whispering "I love you Peter Hale."

_________________________________________________

In the basement of the Hale house Derek was hanging by his wrists with wires hooked to him. He glared down at Kate Argent hatred in his gaze, he really wanted to kill her.

Kate was talking without stop "Come on, Derek. He killed your sister. Now, either you're not telling me because, well, you want to kill him yourself... or, for some reason, you're protecting him." She pulled out Dereks drivers license and smiled holding it up beside his face "Look at that sour face. I bet you always used to get people coming up to you saying, "Smile, Derek!" "Why don't you smile more?" Don't you just wanna kick those people in the face?"                                                                                                              "I can think of one..." He muttered and Kate smirked "Promise? 'Cause if I thought you'd be that much fun, I'd let you go." When there was no answer she rolled her eyes and started scrolling through his phone "All right, let's see... Nothing... nothing... nothing... God, I hate this detective crap.... Oooooo those are some heated texts between you and little Enola...." She glanced up with a grin "Who knew little miss "I swear knee length shorts and dont let any skin show"could say things like.."

Derek growled not wanting Enola's words to come out of Kate "Are you gonna torture me, or are you just gonna talk me to death, huh?"Kate gave a patronizing smile "Oh, sweetie, I don't-I don't wanna torture you. I just wanna catch up! Remember all the fun we had together?""Like the time you burned my family alive?"
Kate smirked moving closer "No, I was thinking more about the hot, crazy sex we had... But, the fire thing? That was fun, too." Derek growled in her face and she laughed "I love how much you hate me. Remember how this felt?" She leaned forward licking his stomach and Derek looked away in disgust wondering how he had ever thought Kate Argent was the best thing in earth.
Kate frowned slightly when she got no response from Derek but she shrugged "Sweetheart... I really don't want to torture you...But he does."Derek looked towards the door where a man entered cracking his knuckles. Well couldn't be worse then having to listen to or look at Kate. Besides he knew his mate well, she never jumped into things, she would come and when she did her plan would be fool proof.

________________________________________________

Peter and Winona walked into Macy's and Winona grinned "I know we're here too try and catch your little beta, but can I please buy some clothes? That nurse of yours evidently enjoyed dressing like a slut on her off days."

Peter chuckled his eyes straying to his mates breasts which were almost on full display "I'm pretty sure Nolan was helping her shop."

Winona wrinkled her nose in disgust "And you didnt rip his throat out?"

"Why? When I can just make sure he see's that I'm the only one allowed to touch you." Peter noticed a teenage boy staring at Winona and frowned "On second thought, I think the seniors section is this way and we can cover up every inch of skin."

Winona laughed "What's wrong pretty boy? To much competition?"

Peter rolled his eyes but followed his mate to the womens section as she searched through different clothes occasionally asking his opinion he looked for the Argent girl. Finally he noticed her wander away from her friends "Nona."

The female looked up and smirked following her mate towards the teenage girl who was looking at a dress that did not suit her.

"That's not your color." Peter spoke from behind the girl making her jump and turn to find a beautiful couple behind her. The male had a bunch of clothes hanging over his shoulders by the hangers. The female had her hands wrapped around his free arm, a kind smile on her face as her husband? spoke.

"Sorry if that was intrusive. But considering your skin tone, I'd go lighter."

Winona nodded her agreement and Allison smiled "Because I'm pale?"

"Fair dear." Winona said with a kind grin "I mean, you can't call skin like yours "pale." Not skin that perfect."

Allison looked down slightly uncomfortable with the attention of the two, especially the man who was looking at her like she was his next meal. "Okay..."

"Trust us, we.. We have a unique perspective on the subject." Allison frowned in confusion as the man who glanced towards his wife a look of adoration crossing his face before he turned back to her "Do you mind?" He turned grabbing a silver dress off the rack and held it up to her "See? Much better."

Winona noticed the girls unease and gave a disarming smile "My husband grew up with a house full of women, it gave him excellent taste."

Allison smiled still unsure as Pete asked "You're not here alone, are you? Shopping for dresses with friends? High school dance?"

"Formal."

Winona gave a fond smile "I remember those days, this guy was always dragging me to them back in the day."

Peter smirked "Yes, because you would rather stay at home and read a book."

"Still would honestly."

Peter tilted his head "Well as long as your parents aren't around to glare at me I might just let you."

Winona gave him a mischevious grin "Promise?"

Allison smiled watching the couple who were obviously very close "You were high school sweethearts?"

Yhe woman gave an amused scoff "He would be so lucky."

The man gave his wife an unamused glance before looking back to Allison about to ask her something when the PA system went off.

"Attention shoppers... To the owner of a blue Mazda, license plate-"

Allison gasped "Did she just say a blue Mazda?"

"Your car is being towed."

Allison's eyes went wide "Oh! That's my car!"

As ghe couple watched the teenager turn and run away Peter sighed sensing his Beta "Ihave to say, Scott, I continue to be impressed with your ingenuity. Just remember... you can't be everywhere all the time."

They couple left the mall and hopped into Peters Cobra, Winona watched the world outside and Peter glanced over before asking "What are you thinking?"

"We still havent found Enola, and Derek is still AWOL."

Peter frowned slightly at that, he may have killed his niece but he did love his family in his own strange way. "Who knows where Derek is, but he's strong and Enola, you know how she is always sneaking away to... What did she called it?"

"Brainstorm..." Winona muttered "but I know my sister, I heard her anger the other night, if the hunters have Derek she will do something..."

Peter shrugged "As long as it fits our plans what does it matter?"

Winona closed her eyes memories replaying themselves

"Do you know what my mother used to say?"

"You're not good enough for my daughter, get out or stop sneaking through Winona's window cause your never going to get laid?"

Winona blinked "My mother said that?"

Peter grinned "Maybe not out loud but her eyes said it every time I got caught going through your window."

Winona laughed slightly before she shook her head becoming serious again "Mother always used to say that Enola was more like Dad then any of us were. I didnt understand it then, she is my sister and I love her but Enola was the weakest member of the pack."

Peter looked at his mate in confusion "Your father was the strongest Alpha I ever saw, the greatest Alpha's in America came to him and Talia for guidance.. But he was always the final say... And your sister.. She just let us come in and take over.. John never would have let that happen."

Winona raised an eyebrow "Or would he? If it meant saving his pack?"

_________________________________________________

9 Years Earlier- North Carolina

"Father you must be joking!" Winona said as she walked beside her father, John sighed at his impulsive daughter. Two weeks ago he and his pack had gone to their hunting grounds in North Carolina as they did every summer. They had found the small band of their pack that stayed there year round under attack by two renegade packs.

The renegade Alphas had met  with John the day before telling him of all the packs they had fought and offering him two days to surrender. And John had agreed...

"I'm not joking Winona.."

Whatever he was about to say was cut off by his eldest child "This is my pack!"

John turned eyes glowing red "Not yet it isn't and until you are Alpha you will respect my orders is that understood?"

Winona quelled under her fathers voice, unused to him yelling at her, and John sighed closing his eyes sadly before reaching out to pull his daughter into his arms.

"Trust me daughter."

Winona nodded "I do Daddy."

The next day all of the Fox pack minus Enola and Embry were gathered in the woods. Winona and her mother Sarah Fox stood just a little behind John, while her three brothers stood just behind them... And farther back was the rest of the pack.

"John Fox, the strongest Alpha in America, come to bow before us." One of the renegade Alpha's sneered in derision while the other laughed and looked beyond him "Take note you who followed this Alpha, he is weak, but you are all offered a place amongst us."

John's best friend Henry who was nicknamed Moon growled slightly but John raised a hand "Calm yourself brother." Moving forward John began to kneel in front of the two Alphas but before he could another pack broke through the treeline.

Winona's eyes widened as she took in the figure of Deucalion and beside him was Enola who had disappeared two days ago.

John smirked and before the Alpha he was closest to could blink he had cut his throat. The other Alpha moved to attack him but Deucalion ran across the clearing followed by his pack and jumped the other Alpha.

The Fox pack and Deucalions pack met in the middle taking down the renegade wolves in one swoop. When they were done the two Alphas approached each other clasping hands.

"John my old friend," The british werewolf smiled and looked over to where Enola stood "this one came along warning me of this attack. I didn't think my pack would be able to keep up as fast as she runs."

John grinned reaching out to pull his youngest daughter into his arms "She's the fastest in my pack, I knew if any of them could reach you it would be her."

Deucalion nodded and glances to Enola "If you ever wanted to change packs consider yourself openly invited to mine young one."

Enola smiled shyly at the handsome older wolf "Thank you sir, but I like my pack."

Deucalion nodded a fond smile on this face as he reached out and ruffled the girls hair. "My pack and I will be on our way."

Sarah Fox rolled her eyes "Oh no you won't Deucalion, you and your pack are staying for dinner."

As the two packs headed back towards home Winona walked beside her father who placed a hand on her shoulder. Speaking in their Native tongue he whispered "You must learn to trust me daughter, I always have a plan even if it means I must kneel for just a moment."

Winona frowned "But it could make you look weak.."

John shook his head "But the pack wiill come out stronger in the end."

_________________________________________________

Authors Note: Hope you like it

Vote, Comment, Follow, Share Some Love!

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my oc's

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.5K 2.8K 108
Love. Be afraid. Y/N Hale, the daughter of Peter Hale, attends Beacon Hills Highschool with her best friends, Lydia Martin and Jackson Whittemore. ...
4.7K 468 6
Before the Catastrophic event that destroyed the Hale Pack, a pregnant Talia Hale learned from Dr. Deaton that her youngest daughter, Sasha, was a co...
14.7K 930 29
Stiles likes to think his life is semi normal. Not completely but semi. He could deal with werewolves, banshees, kanimas, and everything else that go...
317K 11.8K 28
Forgive me this is my first book This is an au after season 2: The alpha pack does not exist, Jackson not leaving, Erica and Boyd alive and Peter is...