A Bad Start - A Story By Fari...

By Ladyfaree

'No, it can't be. It really is a joke, right?' Shazia asked under her breath, looking at the other women for... More

Chapter 1 - A Bad Start
Chapter 2 - The Promise
Chapter 3 - The News
Chapter 4 - The Flashback
Chapter 5 - Pearls Bistro
Chapter 6 - Husna
Chapter 7 - The Confession
Chapter 8 - The El-Muneer Story
Chapter 9 - From Tanko To El-Muneer
Chapter 10 - The Portrait
Chapter 12 - Shazia Meets Amir
Chapter 13 - Crash!
Chapter 14 - Cairo
Chapter 15 - Oh Adila!!
Chapter 16 - Mrs. N
Chapter 17 - The Abduction!
Chapter 18 - Shaleed Or Khazia??
Chapter 19 - Fate
Chapter 20 - Amir And Shazia
Chapter 21 - Mujaheed!!
Chapter 22 - Life
Chapter 23 - Shazia El-Muneer!!
Chapter 24 - The Appointment
Chapter 25 - Mr. And Mrs. Aadeel
Chapter 26 - PayBack..
Chapter 27 - Fahad El-Muneer
Chapter 28 - Forgiveness
Chapter 29 - The Mask Party
Chapter 30 - Decency!
Chapter 31 - Marital Bliss
Writer's Note 💜

Chapter 11 - Goodbye!

40 11 0
By Ladyfaree

The El-Muneer Mansion - 22nd October 2018.

'Shazee, are you sure you've packed everything you need?' Laura asked for the umpteenth time.

'Laura, you've asked me that a million times already'. Shazia laughed, adjusting her Abaya veil.

'It's just.. I am so nervous about you leaving. I'll not be seeing you for at least two whole years'. Tears flowed down her cheeks. 'That's if I live that long'. She whispered under her breath.

'You'll be fine. We'll both be In Shaa Allah (God willing)'. She whispered, giving her a comforting hug. 'Besides, you can always visit when you want to. All you need is to talk to Abby or Ummy about it and voilà! You are in Cairo with me God willing'. Shazia assured her. Laura nodded. 'Just make sure you take good care of my baby for me please'. She said, referring to Laura's unborn baby.

'I will'. She hugged Shazia tightly.

'Okay, enough of the "sisters' moment", we are getting late'. She reminded her, looking at her gold plated Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust Limited edition wristwatch.

'Okay, let's go down'. Laura smiled. 'I'll help you with the box, there's no need for the attendants today. Laura at your service Ma!'. She offered, attempting to carry the small box Shazia will be travelling with. Shazia packed only the essential things she'll be needing for 2 days since she was going shopping the very next day.

'In your condition? No way!! Do you want your husband to sue me?' Shazia teased.  'I can carry it myself. I've already informed the attendants not to come upstairs for it'.

'This light thing I can carry with 2 fingers? It's like there's nothing in it'. Laura was already pulling the box to the door.

'Hmm! Okay, you'll pull it to the elevator, and I'll pull it out of it and to the entrance of the living room. Agreed?' Shazia asked. Laura nodded, smiling. 'Good! Let's go, Comrade!' Shazia laughed heartily as she stepped into the elevator.

Shazia and Laura walked out of the elevator and as agreed, Shazia started pulling the box. The attendants were already outside the elevator waiting for her so one immediately collected the box and her handbag from her.

'You look really Arab today'. Hajiya Naima complimented as Shazia stepped into the living room in her black with a dash of gold Chi-Ka Collection Abaya. Laura wanted to go in after her, but immediately she saw Fahad seated there, she changed her mind and left for the car.

'Is that even a compliment?'. Shazia asked her mother, laughing. She was trying to be as cheerful as she could be so her parents would be happy.

'Is it not? Of course it is.. Or do I have to remind you that you are half Arab'. Hajiya Naima jokingly rolled her eyes at her daughter.

'Yes I am! But I look more fulani'. She said with a tongue out, walking towards her father.  'Right Abby?' She asked, sitting beside him.

'Of course baby'. He responded. 'Since we've already had lunch, I think you should be on your way soon'.

'But Abby, we have 10 more minutes. Yaya you said we'll leave the house at 1:30pm, right?'. Fahad nodded in affirmation.

'I'll surely miss you '. Alhaji El-Muneer confessed, hugging his daughter affectionately. 'Please always remember whose daughter you are, be the good girl we've always known you to be and hold on to your ibadah (worship)'. He added emotionally.

'I will In Shaa Allah. But Abby, please save further  advice for when I am about to get on the plane'. She teased, laughing. He looked away and she knew exactly what that meant. 'Abby, won't you see me off at the airport?'.

'I am sorry Baby, I can't'.

'Abby please'. She pleaded.

'Do you want to see your father in tears?' He asked, frowning. That was the only way he could get her to let him stay. She shook her head. 'Good, then let me stay home please'. He said in his calm voice. Shazia had no choice but to give in.

'How about you Ummy? Are you also staying at home with your husband?'

'Of course not, I am escorting my daughter to the airport. My husband will be fine'.

'Good'. Shazia laughed at last.

'We will be on our way now Abby'. Fahad informed him. 'I'll be back as soon as she settles into school God willing. Mahmud (his personal assistant) will handle things at the office while I am away'.

'Good. May Allah SWT continue to bless, guide and protect you both, aamiin. May He make your bond stronger with each passing day. I wish you a safe trip'.

'Aamiin'. They chorused. Shazia hugged her father one last time and they left the living room. He didn't follow them. As it was, he was already too emotional at the moment.

Outside the mansion, it was as though someone died. All escorts and personal assistants stood with long faces as the El-Muneers stepped out of the mansion. One by one, they all wished Shazia the best, prayed for her and bid her farewell. She was overwhelmed! She could feel the sincerity in the spontaneous outpouring of love.. Alhaji El-Muneer stared at the crowd through the window. 'God, please make her happier than she has ever been'. He silently prayed, wiping his tears.

The El-Muneers and all those going to the airport got in five cars and left.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

On the way to the Airport.

Naeem met his friends at NZ Architects and they decided to go to their final destination in Aadeel's Silver Mercedes-Benz G-Class 2019 G63 AMG. The trio got in the car and Aadeel instantly drove out of the office premises.

On their way to see the Special Adviser, Naeem noticed Aadeel's wristwatch and was very hesitant about complimenting. He couldn't make up his mind whether to compliment or just keep shut. 'Your wristwatch is beautiful'. He finally told Aadeel, he just couldn't help it.

'Thank you' Aadeel smiled, removing it from his wrist. 'You can have it'. He offered, handing it to Naeem.

'What?!' Naeem gasped. 'I didn't compliment because I wanted you to give it to me. It just looks beautiful on your wrist'.

'I know! It's just a gift from me to you'. Aadeel was still concentrating on his driving.

You can't be serious! Are you crazy? This is an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar Platinum watch!! It's over $150 000, you can't give it out just like that. I can't take it!' Naeem tried reasoning with him.' Please just put it back on your wrist'. He tried giving it back to Aadeel. He knows Aadeel to be munificent, but this is just too much even for him.

'No, I insist please. I'll just put on another one'.

'Guys, please quit the drama! Naeem just take it, you already know Aadeel will order exactly the same model or a better one in less than a week'. It was Khaleed.

Naeem nodded. 'Thank you. I appreciate the gift'. One of the reasons why Naeem hardly compliments Aadeel is because Aadeel will end up giving whatever it is to him. Aadeel's father is extremely wealthy and Aadeel on his own is also very rich - he doesn't even rely on his father's wealth - but Naeem still feels uncomfortable taking things from him.

There was silence for a while. 'Naeem could you please pass me a wristwatch from the glove compartment?' Aadeel requested. Naeem carefully opened the compartment and there were more than 5 different designer  wristwatches each in its case. Aadeel has a passion for wristwatches and could buy any watch that caught his attention no matter the price, as long as he could afford it. He doesn't consider himself a horophile though!

'Wow!' Naeem exclaimed, admiring them. 'Which do you want?'

'Any will do'. Aadeel responded. Naeem handed him a Richard Mille RM67-01 Rainbow 47.52mm watch.

'Thank you'.

Just then, 5 cars passed  them in a flash. 'Is that?' Naeem paused. 'It can't be'.

'E-M S 1, 2, 3.. Shazia? Yeah. The car in the middle - the 3rd in the convoy - is Shazia's mother's personal car and the 4th is Fahad's Personal Assistant's. They are on their way to the airport'. Khaleed responded.

'Airport?' Naeem asked. Khaleed nodded. 'Why? Where to?'

'Shazia is leaving the Country for her Masters. She'll be back in 2 years time God willing'.

'Wow!' Naeem gasped. 'I've been hoping NZ Architects will get to work with her on a project soon'.

'We might get the chance when she gets back'.

'Okay. Hopefully! May God spare our lives till then'.

'You seem to know so much about Shazia El-Muneer'. Aadeel who had been quiet for a while commented.

'Well, I stalk her a lot. She's my crush after all! And you both know I am her die-hard fan!' Khaleed winked. Aadeel nodded without a word. There was more to that, he could sense it. 'It's past 2pm already, I hope we get there on time'. Khaleed tried to change the topic. Aadeel only nodded again.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

At the Airport

Shazia really wanted to go to Rimi Drive one last time but she didn't want to break down before leaving so she shrugged off the idea as soon as it crossed her mind.

All 5 cars parked at the parking lot of the airport at exactly 1:55pm. Everyone alighted and they walked majestically into the airport - The El-Muneers' style! A sight to behold!

After the necessary procedure which took them only 10 minutes, it was almost time to depart.  The 8 escorts present quickly took strategic positions to secure and monitor the environment. Pictures of Shazia are not allowed to be taken by the public and most people were already aware. Whenever someone ignorant of the rule takes them, they get deleted. Little wonder that people who have never met her personally are only able to identify her by her cars/escorts and not her face - Naeem included!!

Fahad quickly said his farewell and went to a spot to 'discuss some things' with his personal assistant - He just didn't want to get emotional in front of so many people.

'Take care of my baby for me, okay?' Shazia told Laura one last time. Tears were in her eyes; but she tried to look strong. 'I am so sorry I'll miss the special moments, but that's why we have video calls so we don't miss out on much in life. Just make sure I am not called while you are in the delivery room'. She giggled, a lone tear escaping her left eye. 'I'll pray for you to have the safest and most smooth delivery ever. Please take care of yourself for me'. They hugged and Laura burst into tears. 'Come on baby! You'll be fine'. Shazia paused, different thoughts running through her mind. 'We'll both be fine and we will meet soon God willing'. Shazia assured her.

'Ummy!' She started but the tears came down without warning. The duo hugged and broke down in tears. 'Please forgive me'. She kept repeating. Everyone present and passers-by got emotional and no one could stop them - not even Fahad who was watching from where he was. Mother and daughter cried to their hearts' content and Shazia  was the first to release her mother from the hug. 'You'll miss me, won't you?' She smiled, tears coursing down her cheeks. Hajiya Naima nodded vigorously. 'And you'll pray for me everyday, right?' Hajiya Naima again nodded. 'Good! Likewise Ummy. Always and forever'. She hugged her one last time. 'We will both be fine, God willing. Take good care of yourself and my Abby for me please'. She paused. 'Ohh, I don't have to remind you of that, right lover girl?!'. She whispered in her mother's ear, laughing mischievously. She was trying so hard to be the brave Shazia. 'And remember to visit soon!'

End of Chapter 11

I really hate goodbyes 🤧🤧

Anyways, get your tissue boxes ready

Please like, comment and share.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 21.1K 97
|| HIGHEST RANK - #1 IN HIJABI ON 15/6/2019 || || HIGHEST RANK - #1 IN ISLAM ON 11/7/2019 || || HIGHEST RANK - #1 IN SPIRITUAL ON 11/7/2019 || || HIG...
322K 32.9K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
10.7K 503 28
Ayeza was a modern girl,a lawyer by profession,all bubbly,full of life without worries.Getting entangled into a mystery of puzzles wasn't on her list...
2.3K 131 19
~Rabia Shah A ' epitome of beauty ' and a successful business woman , short tempered but strong mind , bold , and from a very rich and respectful fa...