Can't I go back to being ordi...

By Horikemo

Y/n is a pretty ordinary guy he's only 21 so not too old, yeah he's one of the most popular youtubers and str... More

Introductions/Info
Chapter 1 - humble beginnings
Chapter 2 - welcome to hololive !
Chapter 3 - lets meet more friends
Chapter 4 - there's still more !?
Chapter 5 - stargazing revelation
Chapter 6 - a month worth of memories
Chapter 7 - the decision
Chapter 8 - a love what ?
Chapter 9 - confession, confrontation and a collab !?
Chapter 10 - when voices clash
Chapter 11 - it's about "Time"
Chapter 12 - a date it is, but why ?
Chapter 13 - bowlin' up a storm
Chapter 14 - trust for the wrong person
Chapter 16 - bad timing
Chapter 17 - just what are you up to ?
Chapter 18 - the banquets uninvited guest
Chapter 19 - the truth is hard to swallow
Chapter 20 - what is a "savior" ?
Chapter 21 - let's get rid of those shackles
Chapter 22 - always by your side...
Chapter 23 - from me... to me
Chapter 24 - final dance
END - the person I love is...
??? - it's elementary, my dear.
Closing thoughts - Horikemo ranting !
Bonus - it always was just an act after all
Bonus 2 - ...wait we're still continuing this show ?
25k reader special - QNA !

Chapter 15 - stage fright

942 25 133
By Horikemo

You walk into the u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶, room where you meet Horikemo as usual, he's sitting at his desk staring at his phone while smiling.

Horikemo: "Actually now I wonder-"

He looks up and notices that you've arrived, putting down his phone.

Horikemo: "Ah, welcome back hololovers !"

Horikemo: "Sorry about, well that haha, I was just watching something that made me smile !"

Horikemo: "Oh, uhh, if you're curious I can show you !"

He sets down his phone and passes it to you, a video waiting for you to be played.

Horikemo: "Why did I get bullied twice-"

Horikemo: "Haha, obviously I'm just joking about being hurt by that !"

Horikemo: "...Or am I ?"

He shakes his head and smiles, looking to his left for a second and then back at you.

Horikemo: "I think I've wasted enough of your time already, haha... sorry-"

Horikemo: "Though, I hope you enjoy this chapter !"

*POV Y/n:*

Nervous and impatient I keep tapping my index finger against my leg.

'Just how long is it gonna take her to get here ?'

Sighing, I try to calm myself down and relax, loosening up my posture and closing my eyes, taking deep breaths to not overreact when the slightest problem occurs.

'It's literally been 7 seconds since I've called her, I should really calm down, being impatient won't make her come here faster...'

I hear something that sounds like the screams of the damned as I look around, noticing a red tear in the middle of no where, it grows bigger until it looks like a portal, out of which the queen of sayonara comes.

Art: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/4259415

Calli: "Sorry, I came as fast as I can, whatever it is you needed, it sounded urgent."

Y/n: "First up, sick shirt, we have to go shopping together to wheerever you went one day, secondly, thank you for coming on such short notice."

She smiles and rubs the back of her head with her right arm.

Calli: "Yeah, yeah, don't mention it, the others would've killed me if I said no to ya."

Calli: "So what do you need me for anyways ?"

Y/n: "How do I simply say this, uhh... oh yeah I know, I need you to bring me to the underworld."

Calli: "..."

Y/n: "Sorry if that's too much to ask, but you're the only one I can think of that'd be willing to help me out."

She sighs and holds out her hand, grabbing her scythe out of no where as she spins it around for a second.

Calli: "Alright, I won't ask ya any questions about why, but let's try to make this quick, aight ?"

I smile and nod my head despite the situation I'm currently in.

'Just smile, that way I at least don't burden someone else with the problems I may be going through emotionally.'

She turns around and swings her scythe  downwards toward the ground, her scythe having a red hue of sorts behind as it travels, barely stopping before hitting the floor.

Calli: "Aight, come on in, I'll be shortly after you."

Tatemoyo: "Listen, Y/n, if ya do this there's no goin' back."

Knowing I can trust her, unlike the other person trying to talk to me, I step through the portal as she shorty follows after me.

Y/n: "Hey, by the way, I noticed you started talking a little differently to me, may there be a reason for that ?"

She turns away, not facing me, but I can clearly see her face is red.

Calli: "I'm just startin' to respect ya a bit more, got a problem with that !?"

I back away slightly and raise my hands up slightly while laughing.

Y/n: "No, not at all, I was just curious is all."

Calli: "You know, they say curiosity killed the cat, right ?"

Y/n: "Yeah, it's a pretty common saying if you ask me, I think almost everyone has heard of it."

'But, despite that I can't really follow that phrase just yet, there's still some things I have to uncover.'

Calli: "Now then, ya must have some place in mind ya wanted to go to, so where we headin' ?"

'Why is it when she said "headin" I thought of "so... no head ?", yeah I might have to rethink my life choices.'

Y/n: "Yeah, I think the first place I'd go and check for him would be wherever you hold your concerts."

Calli: "Him ?"

Y/n: "What do you mean ?"

Calli: "You just said 'him' that means we're tryin' to find some guy, no ?"

Y/n: "I can't recall ever having said that."

'Well, no, actually I obviously very clearly can.'

Calli: "Bruh, you better stop playin' games boi."

I lightly chuckle and look around, noticing a lack of people anywhere.

Y/n: "Hey, I'm curious about something."

Calli: "Yeah, what'cha got on ya mind ?"

Y/n: "Well, the last and very first time I was here the was a lot of well, residents you could call them I guess, here."

Calli: "Well, for starters that was a concert... if ya don't know that, I'm sorry to say but you're a dumbass, which I highly doubt."

Calli: "Secondly, a lot of em' are still workin' and others are just asleep at the moment, though you can't blame em' if you ask me."

Y/n: "Huh, well in that case I actually have an idea how we can get there a lot faster than walking."

Calli: "And that is ?"

I hold out my hand and smile.

Y/n: "Grab my hand and close your eyes, I'll show you a fun trick."

She looks at my hand and then back at me with suspicion.

Calli: "Just sayin', if you try anythin' funny I won't hesitate to reap ya right here."

Y/n: "Speaking of reap, you know that contract we made... what did you get out of it anyway ?"

She looks at me dead silent for a second and grabs my hand, closing her eyes.

Calli: "Alright, do your thing magic man."

Y/n: "I'm not... I don't know if you could call it that, but alright will do boss."

Thinking back to the same place I was when I had first ever come here I blink and look around, noticing a familiar figure on the floor.

Y/n: "You can open your eyes now by the way."

She does as I just said and looks around, a little shocked at how I did that most likely.

Calli: "How in deaths name did yo-"

Y/n: "You full well know I will only give you answer that's like Kiara's sexuality, confusing for all the wrong reasons."

She looks at me puzzled for a few seconds until it hits her.

Calli: "I'm not sure what confuses ya about her sexuality my dude."

Calli: "Except for that one... okay, those multiple; nights we will never mention, it's very clear."

I look at her with a raised eyebrow and slight smirk.

Y/n: "Did you say something just now ?"

Calli: "I have no idea what you're talkin' about, did ya drink too much again ?"

Y/n: "...No, but I was being possessed every now and then if that counts."

Calli: "Yo what was that just now ?"

Y/n: "Ehh, it'll probably explain itself, don't you worry."

Slightly annoyed she closes her eyes and sits down on the floor, barely visible if I wasn't actively staring at her.

Calli: "Do ya need me or somethin' or can you do this by yourself ?"

Y/n: "Look at you rushing to get us out of here as fast as possible."

Calli: "I don't wanna spend more time here than I need to, I was in the middle of somethin' ya know."

Y/n: "In the middle of doing someone perhaps ?"

She blushes a bright red and stares at me with what you could call anger.

Calli: "YO WHO TOLD YOU !?"

Y/n: "Come on, I use twitter, you think I wouldn't pick up on all the spicy stuff about you and Kiara, oh wait how you would say 'Kusotori' ?"

Calli: "Death sensei forbid I don't fuckin' kill you right here..."

Y/n: "Trust me, a lot of people want me gone, so line up will you ?"

Realizing I'm too stubborn she gives in and goes quiet as I look around, finally spotting who I'm looking for.

'You couldn't hide forever you polite bastard.'

Walking up to the person in question I tap them on the shoulder, normally I'd get a cold feedback, but in this case I don't.

'You know, I think a suit fits him really well, though I'm surprised despite no concert being held he's wearing his classic headband from last time.'

???: "Oh, but it couldn't be, could it !?"

I smile and raise my hand slightly, to which he responds by bowing first and then high fiving me.

'I was kind of just greeting him that way, but you know what, a high five is good too.'

Y/n: "Hey Frank, long time no see, I gotta say you look as swell as always, though you could eat a bit more, seeing as my words are going through you as usual."

We both chuckle for a bit, finding myself smiling genuinely even in a situation like this.

Frank: "It's quite the honor to see you again good sir !"

Frank: "Oh, but the fact you are down here must mean something happened surely ?"

Y/n: "Well, I didn't die... yet."

Y/n: "But, I'm here to talk to you and since you're a pretty honest guy I'll be honest too, I need some information that only you'd have."

Frank: "Well, I'd be quite delighted to help you good sir !"

Y/n: "As polite as ever, eh Frank ?"

'If only Tatemoyo was the slightest bit like you, then it wouldn't have come to this...'

Frank: "Why, in a situation like this I could be nothing but polite to you friend !"

Y/n: "Haha, I appreciate it, so I'll get to the point simple and clear now."

My smile fades immediately as I find myself staring at him with a more so serious expression.

Y/n: "I need you to tell me where Tatemoyo is."

Almost as if he was surprised by my question his jaw stays open for a bit, until he closes it, waiting even longer to answer me.

Frank: "Unfortunately I cannot do that, even if I may know my dearest friends current location, I could never reveal it to you."

Y/n: "You said 'current location', so let me ask you this then, why don't you bring me to where you last saw him ?"

Frank: "It is not the most of safe places and I should mention onto that, I could not sell out a good chap of mine like him !"

Y/n: "...Even if you got to talk Mori Calliope herself ?"

For a second I could see his entire body... uhh, skeleton or what you call it, freeze up, until not even two seconds later he starts s̶h̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶  rattling.

Frank: "W-Why that is quite the offer good sir, b-but I do not believe you c-could make something like that h-h-happen in such short notice !"

I smile as I turn around, knowing what I have to do.

Y/n: "Yo, Calli can you come here real quick !?"

'I gotta admit... that was fuckiiiing sick !'

'No matter how cringe other people would see this as, this is a memory I'm gonna write down... or probably forget seeing as I'm delusional as fuck right now.'

One annoyed sigh, following into an audible and classic 'guh' later, Calli walks up to us, noticing the obvious fan of a skeleton behind me.

Frank: "MS. MORI !?"

Calli: "Oh yo, always nice meetin' a fan."

She smiles and holds out her hand, Frank wastes no time shaking hers as he's still rattling away.

Frank: "Okay, okay, I'll bring you to him good sir !"

Y/n: "See, it wasn't that hard was it now."

Calli: "So, I'm assumin' you meant this guy by 'him' earlier, didn't ya ?"

Y/n: "Haha, yeah, you got me there, but it's a good thing you came along, since this is the only person I know who'd have some info on who I'm really looking for."

Calli: "And ya used me to get info outta him, since he's a die hard fan ?"

Y/n: "Literally die hard, I refuse to believe this guy gave up even in his last breaths."

She sighs as Frank chuckles for a bit, causing me to smile.

While we were walking to god knows where, in what I assume was a town or city, I begin looking around, finding a lot of weird shops and signs.

Y/n: "Inaccurate dates, open again on the 21nd of April, due to the recent angel attacks on the 30st of February !"

Y/n: "They sure as hell serve their name justice, that I gotta give them."

Frank: "Oh, you didn't know time works differently here good sir ?"

Y/n: "...You're fucking joking, right ?"

He laughs and puts a hand on my shoulder.

Frank: "Of course I am friend, but your reaction tickled my funny bone."

Y/n: "That pun was great and all, but even better is that billboard up there."

Y/n: "Wanna change your last name, call '666-notafuckingrealnumber' and get the cheapest lawyer for a divorce you can find in all of hell !"

I point up at a billboard lit up by the classic flickering light you find in horror movies, the the text is in black and bold, with red arrows pointing at it as the what I assume is lawyer, has a pog face while pointing at the text.

Y/n: "So first thing wrong with it, the cheapest lawyer means they're probably not the best, secondly why the fuck are they pogging and third up, who the fuck created that number and why is it so bad !?"

Calli: "Oi, ya shouldn't judge a man by his billboard, who knows how good he is."

Y/n: "Yes and I'm afraid of assuming someones gender on twitter, so fair play, right ?"

Calli: "..You got me there."

'Man, there's really nothing else that interesting here anymore huh, well I guess except that one shop named "The only shop that fills your TMT needs" and a note that said "every second you're not running I'm getting closer Y/n", weird coincidence, must be a common name here.'

Sighing I think about what I might have done wrong for him to betray me like this.

Frank: "Would you look at that, a good friend of mine named John opened his shop again finally, though we should not disturb him since he seems to be busy enjoying what seems to be a late night snack !"

Y/n: "Well, if you ask me mainly the problem is that I have somewhere, well no, rather someone to find."

I walk past Frank and also look to my left, seeing something that I could only describe in four words...

'My sleep paralysis demon.'

On the inside I was screaming, but as to not offend Frank and anger that... thing, I kept quiet and just turned away.

Calli: "Oh ain't this the bakery that closed a while ago ?"

Frank: "Why yes, it is !"

Frank: "He has quite the imagination when creating something new, I do have to say that !"

Calli: "Huh, I oughta visit his lil' shop some time soon then."

Frank: "I'd be most honored to accompany you here if you'd like Ms. Mori !"

Calli: "Nah, if Imma go here I'd prob take Kuso- *cough cough*"

Y/n: "You know you weren't supposed to LITERALLY choke on your words, but you do you."

Calli: "Look who's talkin'; the guy who ain't even lookin' at us."

I sheepishly laugh and slowly zone out as we begin walking again, until after a few minutes I bump into Frank, who stands firm as I fall over.

Frank: "We're here good sir."

Regaining focus, I push myself off the ground and stand up, finding myself standing in front of a huge door, above it there were letters spelling out "THEATER OF THE CHAOS".

Y/n: "You sure this is it ?"

Frank: "I am undoubtedly positive, I would not attempt to deceive you at a moment such as this."

'Huh, guess he saw him at a more public place eh ?'

Y/n: "So, I'm assuming you were with him here or met him on accident here while watching a show ?"

Frankly: "Quite the contrary, he is the owner of this lovely theatre and quite the great actor himself at that."

I look over at him confused as they both start walking in casually.

Y/n: "Guess I'm the only one confused, fucking hell."

Sighing I walk in after both of them, finding myself soon in what I assume is the main room or rather the one where everyone watched the play, the stagelights are lighting up a singular spot, standing in the middle of it is someone dressed in full white, but yet more so casual looking clothing.

???: "Despite everything I told ya..."

The lights to the left and right of the person who was talking light up, as we all get up on the stage.

???: "You still decided to come Y/n... or perhaps I should say master ?"

'Of course it's Tatemoyo, no one else would be here at this time, fucking hell I'm really letting this get to me way too much...'

Tatemoyo: "No answer I see, well that's understandable, after all you have never heard me talk this way before, have ya ?"

He laughs and claps for a bit, while I decide to just not react.

Tatemoyo: "Right, right, I did let it slip out every now and then, didn't I ?"

Tatemoyo: "Yet it seems you never picked up on it quite properly, how saddening."

His smile fades as he looks over at Frank.

Tatemoyo: "I appreciate you not immediately attacking me, seeing as the situation is quite bad for me, but if you'd be willing to let me explain I'd be utmost delighted to tell my side of the story."

He claps again as a light reveals a piano standing to Tatemoyo's left.

Tatemoyo: "Frank, if you'd be willing to play us a tune or two."

Frank: "Ah, certainly sir."

I watch as the Mori fan walks over to the pianao and cracks his knuckles, accidentally loosing a hand and dropping it on the hand, proceeding to then pick it up and put it back where it belongs, once he did that he finally starts playing a rather slow and sad melody.

Tatemoyo: "Ya see, it wasn't always my plan to take control of ya body, aight !?"

Tatemoyo: "But, I guess the story should be told from the start... that is if you're willing to calm down and take a breather, instead of attempting to beat the living shit out of me immediately."

'Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in... breathe out, deep breaths Y/n, you have to stay calm, whatever he's gonna start talking about, don't let it effect you, hell, maybe he even will help us reach that goal finally...'

Tatemoyo "*Ahem* When I had just gotten into my back then new home I was scared and confused like almost anyone would be, the idea of an afterlife sounded ridicilous to me."

I look over to Calli who closed her eyes, most likely not caring a single bit about what he has to say.

Tatemoyo: "Once I had finally gotten settled in and accepted all the crazy things that happened here, I got rather bored, so I looked for something outside the box, something fun, something unique, something... chaotic."

Tatemoyo: "I read book, after book, after book all telling the story of what you call the council, the most interesting to me the one and only Hakos Baelz."

Tatemoyo: "There was possibly no way for me to ever meet her, but I was infatuated, almost like this simple person became a part of my life, you could almost say it was an obsession of sorts."

Tatemoyo: "It was to her though I found something I could spend all of my free time into..."

Tatemoyo: "Bein' chaotic and nothin' else pahaha !"

Tatemoyo: "But I shouldn't bore you with all this stuff about my personal life, so I'll get to the point, one day when I was doing my usual routine a strange portal had opened before me, seizing this opportunity I wasted no second more and stepped into it, finding myself in what I would've called the void, but everything was fogged up, as if something was trying to drive me out."

Frank starts playing a even slower, yet more emotional melody, as if he's pouring his heart and soul... or rather what is left of it, into this moment.

Tatemoyo: "But... I prevailed, I chose not to leave and after waiting for days, weeks, perhaps even months or perhaps even years, it finally happened !"

Tatemoyo: "I saw HER, I saw ALL OF THEM, the COUNCIL."

Tatemoyo: "What felt to you like seconds or perhaps minutes, felt to me like a eternity, yet it was all worth it, at first I was satisfied living the life of a spectator, but I wanted more, instead of just watching, I wanted to be the one to live out this paradise."

Tatemoyo: "So... blinded by greed, I attempted the worst, you could say."

Tatemoyo: "I tried takin' hold of ya body !"

Tatemoyo: "Ya know, that time guy I met, curious fella I tell ya, nothin' good about ya, I can tell yo that much !"

Tatemoyo: "Well, I don't think there's much to be said anymore, the rest you can figure out for yourself, though I have to ask... are you really set in fighting someone much better than you in every way ?"

Smiling I look straight at him, unfalterting.

Y/n: "You know, you're not better in every way, for one you still have no bitches don't you ?"

Y/n: "You're trying so hard to get Baelz to acknowledge you, yet she never really did, now did she or can you prove me wrong ?"

Y/n: "And I should probably add, unlike you I don't intend to use the trust others have for me just for my own selfish gain, THAT'S what makes me better than you."

He shakes his head and looks down, not saying a thing until he finally breaks the silence.

Tatemoyo: "I see, while I do agree it was selfish of me to want this for myself, I wonder how you would've acted in my position, as if you would be much different from me..."

Tatemoyo: "You have so many flaws you refuse to acknowledge, yet it's exactly that what makes you human, isn't it ?"

Frank stops playing as Tatemoyo turns over to him smiling.

Tatemoyo: "Great performance as usual, ya can sit down now and enjoy the performance haha !"

Frank bows and walks off the stage, taking a seat as one of the audience members.

Tatemoyo: "Man, Calli's been awfully quiet hasn't she ?"

Y/n: "Yes, because she literally fell asleep."

I poke Calli lightly against the shoulder as she snaps open her eyes.

Calli: "Huh, oh, yeah I was listenin' and all."

I laugh at the fact Calli chose to fall asleep in a serious situation like this, while Tatemoyo just sighs.

Tatemoyo: "Oh well, that doesn't matter, but I do wanna show ya a trick or two now !"

He snaps his fingers and some sort of black mist surrounds all of his body, other than his face, once this mist finally clears up he's wearing a white suit, with a visible red undershirt.

Tatemoyo: "I wonder if ya remember a lil' somethin' kind of like this or perhaps it just reminds ya of somethin', oh well, I better show ya just what power ya are playin' with !"

Tatemoyo closes his eyes and lowers his head.

Tatemoyo: "The stage has been set for us Y/n, this is our show, our final dance, as you see it, this is a battle between a traitor and the hero..."

He raises his head and opens his eyes, now smiling.

Tatemoyo: "But how I see it, it's just a friendly spar betweeen friends."

He snaps his fingers, turning on the lights all around the stage, making sure not one spot has fallen under shadows.

Tatemoyo: "I expect you to make the first move of course, I want it to be a fair fight Y/n... that is unless you pass out already."

My whole body trembles as Calli steps in front of me, holding her arm out to block me from moving forward.

Calli: "Look, I know ya have a grudge and all, but ya seriously won't survive a fight against this guy, ya hear me ?"

Clutching both of my hands tightly together I wanna speak out, but I'm afraid to, I can't, my body refuses to cooperate with what my mind is telling me to do.

'I should say something, but...'

( Just a quick song recommendation, though feel free to listen to whatever ! )

Tatemoyo snaps and I close my eyes and sigh, taking a few deep breaths, when I open them back up I find myself in what I would call the void, a place I'm sadly too familiar with by now.

Y/n: "What the-"

Looking around I notice a stagelight has lit up, showing a figure in full back, that looks similar to me.

???: "Come on, you seriously think you can beat THAT guy ?"

???: "He'll tear you to shreds, hell, if he feels the slightest bit of mercy you might die quickly."

'...Doubt, that's what he is, isn't he ?'

Doubt: "Look, I literally am a part of you and one of the only ones trying to keep you safe, so why don't you listen to me for once ?"

*Meanwhile at hololive HQ two people are playing a game of chess:*

Outside it's already dark, as the only noises you can currently hear between these two are the ticking of a clock and the sound of rain hitting the window.

???: "Chess is quite the intriguing game isn't it, you must make sacrifices in order to win, but if someone as useless and weak as the king falls... you loose."

The person who just said this moves their knight to E4, looking at their opponent, who stares at the board for a second, unsure what to do.

???: "Uuu... it's been so long since I played chess..."

???: "Come on now Fubuki, you're smart enough to beat someone like me."

Fubuki looks at the person in front of her, blushing for a second and then shaking her head.

Fubuki: "S-So tell me... who w-were you again ?"

???: "Oh me ?"

???: "Well, I'm Y/n's brother, so feel free to just call me bro from now on haha."

Fubuki was not able to see it, but he laughed behind a mask he was wearing, covering up his entire face.

Fubuki: "Wait, Y/n has a brother !?"

She slams her hands on the table and stands up, almost knocking over all the chess pieces as, the brother just laughs.

Brother: "What, did he never tell you that ?"

Fubuki: "No, as far as I... we know, he's the only member of his family left !"

She moves her rook to A4 and sits back down, nervously looking around.

Brother: "Going back to the topic I was going on about, every piece in chess has it's strengths and flaws, just like people do in our world."

Brother: "But, as it stands, just like in our world... one piece has more value over another, giving it a higher 'status',  meaning it's more important than perhaps a pawn."

The supposed brother moves a pawn to C4, smiling behind his mask.

*Back with Y/n:*

Y/n: "What do you mean TRUST you !?"

Y/n: "All my life you've been behind me, whispering in my ear, telling me to stop what I'm doing, if it wasn't for me having the balls to pull through I wouldn't be-"

I stop mid sentence as another light turns on behind me, when I turn around I'm face to face with someone that looks like Makameno, but it isn't quite him as they are full back just like my doubt.

Makameno?: "Look at you, running away from your problems like usual, nah not even that, you're literally letting someone take care of your problems for you AGAIN, do you serve any purpose on this earth you good for nothing ?"

Y/n: "But I have-"

Makameno?: "Oh, you're gonna say that you streaming and making videos has or will change someones life, jeez your life is such a joke, isn't it ?"

Y/n: "You're not even talking like-"

Makameno?: "The way I'm talking doesn't matter, but what matters is something you should know by now, popularity ain't everything, you can have millions of viewers, loyal fans that all support you... but are you truly happy with your life as it is ?"

Y/n: "Of course I am, around me are all great pe-"

Makameno?: "Shhh, shut the fuck up and think about what we've been saying already."

'Could you say he's my fear or maybe he's my self doubt, I'm... unsure...'

'But I'm sure that... I... what am I even sure about anymore...'

*Back at the chess game:*

Brother: "It seems our game is coming to a close soon, there is not much you can do with a lowly pawn, although I will be as kind to say, that rook and bishop of yours, are your way out of this mess Fubuki."

She looks all over the board, thinking about her next move very carefully, as she moves her last pawn up to H3.

Brother: "You decided to move your pawn up ?"

Brother: "I have to say, that's quite the interesting move, although..."

He moves his knight to B5, knocking over Fubuki's rook, still smiling behind the mask.

Fubuki takes her time looking all over the board, until finally she smiles and looks at the brother, who seems to have realized her plan too late.

Fubuki: "Pawn H2."

*In the place where Y/n currently resides:*

Yet another light gets lit up as I look to my left, looking a figure what seems to be my dad, dead in the eyes.

Father?: "Look at you, my boy is all grown up and at that he's become quite the popular man amongst the ladies, but just what happened, look at yourself."

'Look at myself, what... do you mean ?'

I look down and see a reflection of myself, my eyes are a blurr and I have what looks like a forced smile, perhaps out of reflex, maybe fear or a different emotion, I cover my face with my hands.

Father?: "Where's that bright smile I always loved, where's the cheerful Y/n I know, where is your happiness ?"

Removing my hands from my face, I look back up and grit my teeth.

Y/n: "You wanna know where my smile, went huh ?"

Y/n: "IT ALL WENT WITH YOU !"

Clutching my hand I swing at the person pretending to be my father, ending up in me stumbling and almost falling over.

Y/n: "YOU'RE THE REASON MOM IS GONE NOW, THE REASON WHY I HAD TO WORK SO MUCH, THE REASON I HAD TO BUILD MYSELF UP FROM FUCKING NOTHING !"

I point at the person who I would assume is faking to be my father.

Y/n: "YOU'RE THE REASON I WENT THROUGH THERAPY, ALL THIS SELF HATE, SELF DOUBT, EVERYTHING CAME FROM YOU !"

Makameno and my doubt both fade away as I'm left alone with my "father".

*Yet again... at the chess game:*

The brother franctically moves their head around, looking for any way to stop her pawn from promoting, but alas, they find one to get rid of it as soon as it may become a queen.

Brother: "Heh, rook H3."

Fubuki doesn't take long to make her move, choosing to move her last only bishop from C8, to H3, taking out the brothers rook.

Fubuki: "You acknowledged my bishop, yet you forgot where he was placed, haha !"

As if his entire plan was falling apart in front of him he moves his knight to C7, immediately realizing his mistake after.

Fubuki: "One mistake and you start playing so much worse !?"

Fubuki: "You should've really thought about your next move hehe !"

She moves her bishop to D7, taking out his knight with a smug smile.

Fubuki: "Seems like this is checkmate, noo~?"

His eyes dart all over the board, although Fubuki may not have seen it, he was smiling behind his mask.

Brother: "*sigh* It seems you have bested me Fubuki, I applaud you for that."

He knocks over his king, proceeding to then clap, as Fubuki proudly smiles.

Brother: "But, believe me when I say this is but the beginning of what I have in store, he may have become something great, just like your pawn in this game through the help of others... but that won't save him."

Fubuki slightly tilts her head to the side, finding herself a little confused at what he just said.

Fubuki: "It won't save who ?"

Surprised at the fact she heard him he nervously laughs as someone enters through the front door, soaked from the rain.

???: "Stupid shark, leaving me all alone... now I have to intrude the place where my senpais resign..."

Fubuki: "Huh, is that...?"

The brother quickly turns around and as soon as he does, he doesn't move an inch, until he jolts up.

Brother: "Well, it seems it's q-quite late out already, so I-I will have to take my leave now m-m'am."

Fubuki: "Huh why did you-"

Brother: "G-Good day."

Quickly running out the front door, past the detective that had just entered, Fubuki and her both look at each other confused.

Amelia: "What was... that all about ?"

Fubuki shrugs and stands up, approaching Amelia.

Fubuki: "It's nice to see you though Watson, how have your japanese lessons been ?"

Amelia: "Oh uhm... it's been going fine, thanks for asking, I don't wanna change the topic so suddenly, but... who was that and why were they wearing very suspicious clothing ?"

Fubuki: "Beats me !"

Amelia: "...YOU DIDN'T QUESTION HIS LOOK !?"

Fubuki lowers her ears at the sudden noise.

Fubuki: "L-Look, he said he's Y/n's brother !"

Amelia: "He said WHAT !?"

*Once again, in the... you get it by now:*

Y/n: "Look, I'm... I'm not blaming you for your death, but the least you could've done is spend more time with me and especially with mom, you never even told me about your work and I'm not sure if your death was a coincidence anymore or something to do with your work... though you wouldn't tell me, even if you could..."

Y/n: "I just want you to know... I'll do anything to find out who did this to you and their reasoning behind it, once I do... you can bet your ass there's nothing that'll stop me from giving them what they deserve, so please... stop plaguing my mind with all this self hate."

Father?: "...Though I may be just a figment of your imagination, perhaps I'm just all the pent up emotions you have, I want to say this from your father, since I'm sure he would have done the same at this moment..."

Father?: "I'm... I'm so proud of what you have done, now come on, no time to left to waste, you left Tatemoyo waiting for long enough already, but let me leave you with these words... violence is not always the answer, perhaps, think about what he said, how would.... you act in his position ?"

My "father"... no, the last part of mine I never bothered confronting fades away as I'm left alone in my own subconscious or whatever this is.

Y/n: "There's so many things I would love to say to my dad if he was still here haha..."

Y/n: "Maybe it wasn't his fault that we never spent enough time together, but rather mine ?"

I look down, seeing my own reflection again.

Y/n: "What happened to me ?"

Y/n: "Where did... all that confidence go ?"

Y/n: "Why did I suddenly change so much..."

I laugh at the absurdity of the situation I currently find myself.

Y/n: "Not in a million fucking years did I ever think my life would end up changing this much cause of one interaction I had with someone online."

Y/n: "Well, no time to lay down and cry yet, I can do that later when I don't have something to do, for now I have to confront Tatemoyo."

I look down one more time, noticing I'm staring blankly at myself.

Y/n: "*sigh* Come on, you can do this, just a few more hours at best and then you'll be able to think about this freely."

'Oh and I should probably go and visit Amelia soon, I think it's time I get my answers, no matter what.'

Y/n: "Alright, so... how the fuck do I even get out of here."

While walking around, confused as to how I'm supposed to get out of this void I walk into some sort of invisible wall, knocking me unconscious immediately.

Calli: "Fuck... FUCK HE GOT AWAY AND HE DIDN'T ANSWER WHAT I NEEDED TO KNOW !"

Frank: "Ms. Mori, please do try to calm down-"

Calli: "Look, when HE wakes up Imma have one HELL OF A TALK WITH HIM !"

I slowly open my eyes, finding myself leaning against a wall as Calli turns around, looking at me as if she'd kill me any second now.

Frank: "Ms. Mori, please listen, I believe that the good sir had a fair rea-"

Frank puts a hand on Calli's shoulder who immediately swats it away, causing his hand to fall off and travel quite the distance while he walks after it.

Y/n: "Oh chaos... what the fuck happened..."

I rub a hand against my forehead as Calli picks me up my collar, holding me in the air with one hand.

Y/n: "How are you this str-"

Calli: "THIS AIN'T NO TIME FOR JOKES Y/N."

I look at her with a confused look while she seems to be getting more and more annoyed by the second.

Calli: "BECAUSE OF YOUR SORRY ASS HE JUST GOT AWAY AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHIN' THE THINGS HE TOLD US AIN'T MAKE YA LOOK TOO GOOD IN MY EYES."

She pushes me forcefully against the wall as Frank comes running up to her.

Frank: "Ms. Mori please let the good sir down and calm yourself for a minute, he is quite confused as you can currently see !"

She sighs and drops me, causing me to feel a literal pain in my ass and back from when she had just pushed me.

Calli: "Fine... ya are right, this ain't helpin' anyone."

Frank sits down next to me while Calli walks away, looking away from us and seemingly taking deep breaths.

Y/n: "Okay Frank... what happened for her to be THAT pissed off ?"

Frank: "You see good sir, when you blacked out I dragged you to this safe place, but thus left Ms. Calli alone to fight off Tatemoyo and how do I say this without making it sound too painful dear friend, he well..."

Y/n: "Just... rip the band-aid off already."

Frank: "The person you had seen before you came here, referred to as 'Time' by Tatemoyo, apparently seemed to have a grudge against you and thus this grudge may spread to hololive and it's members which is why Ms. Calli is reacting this way."

I stand up and sigh, holding out my hand for Frank to take.

Frank: "Are you sure you shouldn't be resting more good sir, you were mumbling about something that seemed rather dear to you."

Y/n: "Yeah I guess you could call it that, but nah, I'm good."

He nods his hea- skull and takes my hand standing next to me.

Frank: "So, what do you intend to do with this information good sir ?"

Y/n: "It's obvious, isn't it ?"

I notice that Calli is walking up to us, seeming more calm now as I intend to tell Frank just what I'll do.

Calli: "Yo Y/n, I'm uhh... sorry about ea-"

Y/n: "I intend to leave hololive and anyone or anything involved with it, if someone wants me gone, I should face that alone, instead of putting the others in danger."

I look over at Calli who looks annoyed just like before.

Y/n: "At least you can tell the others right Calli ?"

Calli: "..."

She takes a deep breath and looks at me.

Y/n: "Calli you're gon-"

Before I know it she punches me in the face and I'm on the floor again, my first reaction was to check if my nose was bleeding and of course it was.

Y/n: "Fucking hell, I'm not a masochist you know this !"

Calli: "...You're so fuckin' selfish, you know that ?"

I keep one hand on my nose and push myself up with the other arm, as soon as I'm standing Frank hands me a handkerchief.

Y/n: "Thanks Frank, I appreciate it."

Frank: "Don't mention it good sir, it's the least I could do for you after all you have done for me."

Y/n: "So back to the topic at hand... why the fuck did you punch me AND call me selfish !?"

She takes a step towards me, making me worried that I'll get hit again, but to my surprise that doesn't happen.

Calli: "Ya know, I agree that you are gonna be puttin' the others in danger, but ya should think about somethin' else, do ya think they can't fend for themselves ?"

Y/n: "I fully trust them, I just don't-"

Calli: "Then think about this one, is the danger of puttin' them in physical harm worse than hurtin' them emotionally ?"

Calli: "Every bond ya made, you wanna just throw 'em away like it's nothin' !?"

Y/n: "I'm not saying I WANT to hurt them emotionally, but... what if someone gets hurt or worst case scenario DIES because of me fucking staying there !?"

Calli: "THEN I'D BE THE ONE TO TAKE THE BLAME YOU DENSE DUMBASS !"

I lower the handkerchief, no longer holding it against my nose, that is still bleeding.

Y/n: "YEAH THAT WOULD HELP ME SO MUCH WOULDN'T IT, JUST ANOTHER PERSON THAT I CARED FOR THAT'S GONE HUH !?"

Calli: "LOOK WHAT I'M SAYIN' IS IF YOU'LL LEAVE THEM SO SUDDENLY YOU'LL HURT SOME OF 'EM SO MUCH THAT DEATH WOULD SEEM LIKE A BLESSIN', OR DO YA SERIOUSLY THINK YOU'RE JUST SOME STRANGER TO 'EM !?"

Frank puts himself between us to stop us from arguing as her words finally set in.

Frank: "Good sir, Ms. Mori, please this fight is childish, I must admit !"

Y/n: "Look Calli-"

Calli: "Please, don't say anythin' else, I need to take a breather, ya can get out of here by yourself, right ?"

Y/n: "I mean, I'm probably able to... but if I can't, then what ?"

Calli: "Then ya call me and I help you outta here, simple as that."

She picks her scythe off the ground and does the same trick she used to get both of us in here.

Calli: "Think about what I said Y/n, ya really should."

Not a second after portal closes behind her I hand Frank his handkerchief.

Y/n: "I appreciate all of your help up until now Frank, I really do, but... I think this is the end of our journey, most likely we'll never end up seeing each other again after this."

'Who am I kidding, if I really can get to this place I'll be sure to swing by, even if it's just for my own sake.'

Frank: "Ah, I understand good sir, may you have the most pleasant of times up there for me, with this I bid you a farewell, until our paths cross once more."

He bows and turns around right after, not giving me a chance to react.

'I wanna say something more to him, but... I shouldn't.'

Sighing I think of the hallway in to where Polka and I guess me, live together.

Y/n: "Let's hope this works."

My words have a slight echo causing me to chuckle and blink out of reflex, as soon as I do I'm right where I wanted to be.

Y/n: "Huh, guess this does work surprisingly."

'Alright, no matter what you do, don't break down in front of Polka, you can do this, you can... do this...'

Y/n: "...Here we go."

Unlocking the door I'm immediately greeted by Kazo rubbing up against my legs, making me feel a lot happier.

Y/n: "Hey buddy, did you miss me ?"

I bend down and pet him gently, causing him to purr which makes me smile more.

'While I don't feel amazing or like myself again, I do feel a lot better already.'

Standing up I look around, noticing a sticky note on the fridge, walking up to it Kazo follows me as I do my best to not accidentally hit him.

Y/n: "Alright what do we have here..."

I take the note off the fridge and read it.

'Hey Y/n, I'm outside right now taking a walk, if you're reading this and I'm not home then too bad, don't miss me ! lolol - Polka.'

Folding the note to a small snippet I put it into my pocket and make my way to the exit.

Y/n: "Well, seems like I'll be gone again for a bit buddy, I'm sorry about that."

I bend down and pet him again, during this I check if he has enough food and water left, as soon as I confirmed he does I stand up and leave the room.

Y/n: "Welp, I have no fucking clue where she could be and I'm pretty sure no one will be awake anymore to ask so... guess I'll just take a walk myself too and hope I randomly stumble upon her, which I probably will for some dumb reason."

I make my way down to the reception, noticing even A-chan isn't here anymore at this hour, after I made this observation I'm headed outside.

Y/n: "Welp, guess I'll walk the same way I always do and if I find her, that's great, if I don't, then well, that's that."

After a few minutes of walking there's still no sign of her anywhere, causing me to sigh.

Y/n: "Well, at least the smell of the rain is oddly nostalgic and I have to say, I really love it."

While I'm enjoying the scenery and lovely atmosphere I fail to notice that a portal opened behind me, but when I do turn around to the weird sounds it's already too late as some demon like creature is charging at me.

Y/n: "WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT !?"

It doesn't say anything and instead punches me in the gut, as two more portals open to my right and left, out of these step two more demons that help the first one kick me while on the ground, golden wind style.

( 0:24 if you don't understand the reference or just wanna watch this clip again ! )

Demon 1: "YA SHOULDN'T HAVE READ THAT NOTE DUMBASS !"

Demon 2: "AND NOW YA WILL PAY THE FUCKIN' PRICE YA SHIT HEAD !"

Demon 3: "While I may sound calm, I truly am enjoying kicking the ever living lights out of you, you dumbass, you fool, you utter complete moron, how dare you enjoy yourself on a fine day such as this."

When they're finally done and left I slowly stand up, dusting myself off and noticing my nose is bleeding again, well, I have bruises on a lot of other parts of my body and am most likely bleeding here and there too, but that doesn't matter, right now all that matters to me is that...

Y/n: "I find Polka... somehow that is."

Wiping the blood away from my nose, I continue walking, slower at that and with a lot more pain, but I'm still standing and that's all that matters.

Y/n: "I went through literal hell and back multiple times now, I've gone through worse pain emotionally and physically than THIS, I'll just... walk it off heh..."

Bearing the agonizing pain I finally find what I'm looking for, sitting against a vending machine there she was.

Art: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/4403218?

'But, just why is she sitting all alone here ?'

*End of chapter 15*

Horikemo: "Hello hololovers, I hope you enjoyed this chapter like usual haha !"

Horikemo: "I have a question which you don't need to answer well, right now, since I'll hold a poll for this in the future... but that'll take a while till then.. anyways !"

Horikemo: "I'm thinking if I should remove these small parts where I talk to, well YOU, right here, once I finish this fanfic of mine or not, because it might put off new readers if they had to go through this start and end part haha !"

Horikemo: "Now that's said, I hope you've had a great day so far and still are having one, did you remember to stay hydrated though !?"

Horikemo: "I'll just assume you have been drinking enough, now then I hope you're life is going great or perhaps even amazing and even if it isn't, things will get better, I'm sure of it !"

Horikemo: "I believe I said everything that I wanted to say so... with everything said and done, Horikemo out !"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 280 34
โ€ผ๏ธOld writing so very cringeyโ€ผ๏ธ This is my first Wattpad fanfic that I've written. I've read enough Ein x Reader fanfics that I now have an idea of...
84.6K 1.9K 23
From the start, our main character has always had a fascination with technology. It all started at age five when he saw his first-ever 3d animated fi...
1.4M 33.9K 27
"๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ข ๐›๐ž ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž?" "๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข ๐๐จ, ๐ฒ/๐ง. ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ญ." ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž, ๏ฟฝ...
138K 2.8K 57
<VERY CRINGE WORTHY> Hello! This is my first/Second Fanfic cuz like my first one o had to delete cuz I did not have any ideas and ya... (All c...