Their doll 2

By ScarletteVelvet

They're back. After months of her disappearance, their world had spun. Swung off balance and staggered. Auror... More

Introduction (Q&A)
Recap
41- Long way home
42- The only way
43- Falling
44- Friends
45- In the open
46- Investigation
47- Closer
48- Painkiller
49- Aurora
50- One step closer
51- Taken
52- New year, Old me
53- Battle
54- Chosen mistake
56- Face your fear
57- Fearless
58- Begin again (mature content)
59- Soft spot
60- One more time
61- No pain, no gain
62- Angel of demons (mature content)
63- Sorry not sorry (mature content)
64- Never exist
65- Peace and Perish
66- Rose
67- Wounded
68- Vanilla, but deadly
69- Mr. F & Mr. E

55- Dream vs. Dread

14.1K 764 183
By ScarletteVelvet

( FLASHBACK )

"No matter what you're, where you're, who you're, you'll always be mine, baby. Always." Ralph stated as his free hand came up to rest on my thigh. I looked at him, "I had plans for us, you know. I'll give it a few months then I will call it off with Joanna, letting her down easily. I don't want to hurt her. Especially, seeing how much she means to you."

Pretending to listen as he rambled on and on, my jaw ticked, "Thank you.." I felt sick to the bone as I forced myself to response to this nonsense.

"And when you'll go off to college—" Ralph continued, "I bought this nice apartment close to the campus so you don't have to wake up early, and I could drive you to class every day before work. Then, you'll graduate. Be whatever you want, do whatever you feel like."

I smiled. Right. As if they're going to let that happen.

"You will have our full support no matter what." He added, thoughtfully, "Zayn could help you if you want to pursue a career in medicine since he basically owned a hospital. I can help you if you want to do anything in the business, and well, Cruz, he's no use but he can keep you happy while Zayn and I are busy at work."

Speechlessly, I gulped, staring back at Ralph.

"So, what do you say, baby?" He urged, smiling down at me, "A few months, that's all I am asking for. Can you wait for me?"

Words gagged my mouth.

"I promise I will make it worth it, Aurora."

My heart leaped as I swallowed and lightly cleared my throat.

"C-can I think about it over the weekend?" Sounds like the most reasonable response I could give him at the moment. He would think I was completely insane if I were to say yes too fast.

But then again, I could just easily piss him off by saying no. There was no other around. I have to buy myself some times. I have to make Ralph trust me.

His smirk grew even wider and I cringed. His eyes lit up with hope. I almost felt bad for lying.

"Sure." He nodded, "But come back to me with the answer, alright?"

I nodded back, keeping a straight face. Even forced a small smile.

The second I looked up at Ralph again, I could almost sense a hint of distrust in his eyes.

Agitated, I followed my instinct and did what I thought I had to in order to distract him. Ralph tended to overthink a lot of things. He's just like me. But only smarter.

Looking into my eyes, it felt as though he could read me like an open book.

Unsteadily, I reached out with my tiny hands and cupped his face. I leaned closer. Titled my head. Basically, did everything he does right before we make out.

I brought myself closer to him, feeling his warmth, yet I shivered.

I heard his breath hitch coldly in his throat when I kissed him.

Yes. I kissed him first.

Squeezed my eyes shut, hating the fact that he is probably judging me for my bold move. I hated the way I was behaving. Hated that I chose this method to distract him. But overall, I was more afraid than shy. For him to believe that there's future for us, this way is the only way.

Seductively, I could feel Ralph's hand traveling up my thigh. It seemed a simple kiss could not quench his thirst. I should have known I was playing with fire.

"Hey.." I tried to pull away, breaking the kiss as if I had something to say. In time I did, he groaned under his breath, pressing his lips harder against mine.

Forcefully, his free hand gripped my neck, holding it in place.

I flickered my eyes open. Tears gathered in them.

I wanted to melt into his arms.

I wanted to feel those sparks people talked about in romance novels.

I wanted to enjoy this kiss.

But instead, I was afraid.

Never had I ever felt so much fear rushing through me at once. I forced myself to kiss him back. Thank God it didn't take him too long to say.

"I love you."

I smiled and nodded in response.

For the next minute there, I was speechless.

Entirely, I went limp against the soft mattress as Ralph laid me down. Feeling his weight crashing on me brought my senses back to life.

"Look at me, Aurora." His eyes stayed glued on my face. Meanwhile his hand reached down, fumbling at the button on my jeans.

I placed my hands lightly on his chest. It slowed his act. But didn't stop it.

He seized my wrist, pinning both of my arms above my head.

"Not now, baby." He growled, lowly.

Using his knees, he spread my legs apart. His hand easily slid into my pants, cupping my private part.

I clamped my mouth shut, digging my nails into my palms as he slid one finger inside me.

"I want you." He rasped. His hot breath tickled my ear.

"B-but you just had me last night."  I argued.

His glance narrowed, darkly.

"You're mine, Aurora." He grunted.

"I know." I sighed, defeatedly, "But I'm still s-sore."

"Try and stop me." He challenged, "I won't stop."

But my brain did.

It stopped functioning at once and all I did was lying there. Feeling his digit pumping in and out of me, I gasped. Not in pleasure but pain and embarrassment.

Each time he increased the pressure. Stronger. Firmer. Harder. Until my private parts felt swollen and were throbbing. But the rest of me doesn't care.

"You're fucking mine, Aurora." Ralph hissed under his hot breath.

Keeping quiet, I refocused my mind on my only chance at freedom. Regardless of what I could have done, I didn't bother to stop him this time. I didn't push him away. I didn't refuse him.

"I'm yours, daddy." I breathed and watched as he smiled, proudly.

Blinded by his desire, he made love to me. All night. Nonstop.

And had not a clue that this would be the last time.

( END OF FLASHBACK )

"Astrid?"

Feeling a bright light stabbing at my closed eyes, a warm hand cradled my face, softly cupping my cheek. I swallowed past my dry throat, attempting to find my voice as my eyes flickered open.

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked around the familiar square room, taking in the view. Then a thought popped right into my throbbing head.

What's going on?

Incautiously, I pulled myself up to a hasty, quick sit and regretted it right away as the headache tripled in intensity.

"Careful."

Extending her arm out to help me, I stared blankly at Esme who then turned to an old maid standing by the door, "Get me a glass of water and some Advil."

The maid quickly nodded, "Yes, Ma'am."

With her raised hand, Esme then held her forefinger up to her lips and asked the twin to keep quiet. She offered them a choice to go play outside if they wished to be loud. A low groan escaped Mya and and her sad eyes met mine for a quick second before she reached for her sister's arm and together, they headed for the door.

"How're you feeling?" Esme asked the second we were alone in the room. Running her hand through my hair, she sighed in distress.

"What h-happened?" I leaned back against the pillow. Under the thick duvet over my lower body, I pinched myself really hard on the thigh to make absolutely sure I wasn't dreaming.

It hurts. And I didn't wake up.

Esme stared at me, a little perplexity swam in her eyes.

"You don't recall?"

I shook my head, tight-lipped.

"You fainted, Astrid." She said.

Like a reflex, my brows rose and my lips parted.

Esme shook her head as she blew out yet another relieved breath, "Thank God you didn't hurt yourself when you collapsed. You should have told us you were not feeling well." She scolded.

But I was fine. I wanted to argue. But then she proceeded.

"My dear, sweet child, consider yourself lucky."

Lucky? 

I was more confused than ever.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked her.

"Well, Mr. Waldorf was just here for business." She said, "If it wasn't for him, neither me nor Paul could possibly have carried you upstairs to bed. For all I know you'd—"

My stomach did a back-flip as her words finally sank in.

Skepticism softening her nude lips, Esme quirked her eyebrow at me in questioning.

"Dear?"

My vision slowly blurred. I saw him. I remembered we talked. He asked me questions which I didn't bother to answer a single one of them. I tried to call the police. Which resulted in him smashing the phone to the ground.

Sounded like a typical event for us.

Rafael was furious. I was scared to death.

They had found me and still thought of me as a property in their own possession.

"Astrid?"

I cleared my throat, swallowing thickly, "Is he— I mean Mr. Waldorf. Is he still here, Esme?"

A small smile rested in the corners of her mouth as Esme replied, "Unfortunately, no." I breathed, "Ralph left about half an hour ago. After he spoke to Paul."

The familiar tingle which a while ago, was just radiating across the area of my belly had now travelled straight up to my chest, shocking me directly in the heart. I sucked in a ragged breath. One after another.

"Mr. Waldorf—" I blinked twice. It felt so wrong addressing Ralph so respectfully. I hate that man. I hate all of then, "He spoke with Paul?"

Now. My biggest concern was not only that they had officially found me. But also, what's the possible topic suitable for discussion between Rafael and Paul— Ace's father, a man whom I respected dearly. Over the time Ace and I've been making it official, Paul also becomes like a second father to me.

"Ace never told you?" When Esme lightly chuckled like it was no big deal, my heart skipped a beat for the second time in a row. I had a few thoughts. A few hypothesis in mind. But I truly hoped they were all wrong.

"Years ago, my husband sold a majority of our company's stocks to Richard." I bet I must have look completely lost because Esme then added, "Richard Waldorf. He's Rafael's father."

"Right." I breathed shakily, feeling bile rise up my throat. His presence was not at all needed for me to feel extremely uncomfortable and uneasy. Just the fact that his name was mentioned, it easily made my skin crawled.

"We needed the money. Ace was finishing his last year in college. We can't ask him to drop out of his dream school." Esme sighed, "The company wasn't doing so well so we thought—"

From there, Esme lost me.

Whatever she had to say next went in one ear and out the other. There were too many thoughts racing through my mind. Too much information.

To sum it up. For seven months I had ran away. Built myself a solid foundation to grow from and almost completely healed. It took them one night. One single night they decided to come back and tore everything down like it meant nothing.

Like I didn't put all of me into building this new identity and actually lived it. Believe it.

I had my boundary stretched and was preparing myself always for the worst yet to come. Happiness doesn't always last forever. Keeping my mind and heart open to any changes in every aspect of life sounded like a reasonable exchange.

But this.

I wasn't at all expecting this.

Unabsorbed in Esme's speech until the very last sentence, the joy in her tone caught my attention. I snapped out of my daze. My glance shifted to meet hers.

"Ralph came today. He wants to give Paul back what belongs to us." I stunned. "For free." She finished.

I didn't know how exactly to express happiness when all I felt was hell and raw fear inside. Esme looked so grateful. She was grinning so wide as she scooted to sit next to me on the bed. She took my hand in hers. It was cold and a bit shaky. Just like mine.

"He asked not a single penny. Can you believe that?" She smiled. A big, genuine smile radiating nothing else but positive energy and pure joy, "Not even a cup of coffee I offered him. He said he had one already this morning at his office and needs only so much to get through the day. But that's not the point. I mean how kind is he?"

I felt like throwing up. Nauseous, like when you're really, really terribly sick.

"Such a wonderful, generous man he is. Not at all like his father." Esme exclaimed, clasping her hands together, pleased, "Ace is going to be so thrilled once we break the news to him. Oh, and the girls too."

Then I remembered, Ace also had two sisters. Will they be joining us tonight? Because that would be just lovely. How horribly lovely.

Before I could say anything to Esme, she got up to stand on her feet. She looked at me, smiling cheerfully, "Join us at dinner tonight, will you?" She asked.

I did remember nodding.

I, also did remember bawling my eyes out as soon as Esme walked out that door.

I was starving. Yet, the idea of sitting down for dinner filled me with nothing else but dread.

********************

( Cruz P.O.V. )

Sitting in front of me was a man. Looking rather out of place, despite his recent accomplishments and success, which not only did I acknowledge but my friends. They all see something in this guy.

Potentials, he has. It seems he's also living the perfect life. His own company thriving in the business world. He got great family. Supportive parents.

I envy Ace Alonso. And I have never in my life envied any human being.

They way Aurora looked at him last night. Her gaze, it's now imprinted in my mind. That glow on her face haunted me in my sleep. She loves him. That's a fact which was as certain as the changing of the seasons. And no doubt that bastard loves her right back. He adores her. I mean who wouldn't.

Aurora had grown tremendously. Seven months without us. I didn't expect her to be in the condition which we had found her in. She looked alive. And by that I didn't only mean breathing and living. But her soul, along with her undeniably beauty and thoughtful elegance stood avenged. Her eyes were blazing. There was not an evidence of innocence. I wasn't at all prepared for the woman that she has become.

And I don't think I like it so much.

My judgement was blinded by my feeling toward her; that instead of finding a way to discipline what's under my control, I chose to control what's surrounding it.

But Rafael's right this time.

He wouldn't touch her, if she hadn't let him.

He wouldn't have kissed her, if she hasn't kissed him first.

It was all her.

Her for every matters. Every failures.

I thought I had set the record straight that she is mine. But what can I say. Our babygirl wants to learn that the hard way.

"Mr. Collins."

Looking up from the file in my hand, I raised an eyebrow at him.

I smirked. So clueless. So stupid.

"Is there anywhere else I had to sign? Or this is it?" Alonso asked as he handed my assistant back the paperwork and put away his pen.

"That's." I hummed, satisfied.

Watching my assistant as his eyes scanned over the paper carefully, he flipped through a few pages and then lifted his head, giving me the quiet nod of approval.

"Alright then." I leaned back in my leather armchair, "You've got yourself a deal, Mr. Alonso. Welcome to the team."

If that was excitement and determination firing in his eyes, I honestly felt bad for the guy. Probably thinking that was it. That was all it take for him to become one of us. Little did he know. What a pathetic mess he has just gotten himself in.

Picking the perfect moment right when he was about to rise from his chair to leave, I said.

"One more thing." He stopped, seating his trembling-with-joy self back down, "When can you move to New York?"

Just like that, the second my question was fired, his eyes grew twice their regular size.

"Pardon?"

Making it impossible for himself to get out of the deal, he signed the contract. Without proofreading or asking to have it read to him. Rookie mistake.

"Well, it stated in the contract." I chuckled.

"Yes, sir. I saw." He also added, "But I thought I had to be in New York from time to time. Only for certain board meetings and site visits."

"True." I agreed. So he did read the paper, "But still, Ace. Don't you think it's a little..inconvenient?"

"For me?" He smiled, "No. Not at all, sir."

My glance shifted before it narrowed.

"No." I smirked, "For us."

With a quick turn of his head, he followed my line of sight. We both looked over at Zayn who had been sitting at the mini bar this whole time.

"You see, this project is going to be the very first project my friend, Zayn has ever invested in." I explained, "He's a surgeon. Not businessmen like us. He demanded perfection in his work performance. A single mistake cannot be made. So, to make sure everything run accordingly, smoothly and at a fast pace as it should, we all think it would be better for you— for us too, if you were to be in New York. Since the club we're opening is going to be in New York."

"But I thought the exact location is still undecided." He countered.

"Well, let this be the first one." I said, "We're from the city. We live in the city. I see nowhere else fits the criteria more perfectly."

"However, there is already a lot of entertainment hubs—"

"How unfortunate." I tsked, glancing over at Zayn who then casually slid off the bar stool. He made his way toward us, "One minute into our first team meeting and there's a disagreement already?"

"What's the problem?" Zayn asked as he moved over to stand beside me. Both his hands resting on the desk, he slightly bent forward as he spoke, "All expenses are on us. You could even bring your entire family with you. We will arrange an apartment for each of them individually. Or whichever suits you best."

"But, sir—"

"You could even bring your girlfriend." I encouraged. I could feel a gaze burning a hole through the side of my face but didn't bother to turn my head and looked over at Zayn.

"We have only been together for a month." My jaw flexed, "Asking her to move to a new city for me. I don't know. Doesn't that sound a bit too overboard?"

"Well, in this way you'll know." Zayn challenged.

"Men like us needs an even stronger woman by our side." I supported, "If she refuses to move, easy. It means she cannot support you. She isn't willing to sacrifice. So, my suggestion. Dump her."

"Cruz." A hoarse whisper came to me from Zayn. He looked back at Ace. His tone a bit miffed, "Bring her with you. We'll see what we can do."

Eyes blazing with determination and certainty, Ace merely nodded.

"I'm sure if my girlfriend has troubles moving to another city, we can still work something out as a team." He concluded.

I smirked.

"Indeed, we can."

**************************

Not much to say. Just thank you. Thank you guys. For your patience. Your support. Your reads. Your votes. Your comments. I am so sorry for this long delay.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.4K 54
‼️Content warning and trigger warning‼️ This is a dark romance and contains mature content that is not suitable for all readers. The trigger warnings...
31.7K 1.4K 63
It's a story of two people living on different sides of the same dimension. She dreaded his world, and he envied hers. She reminded him of a life he...
143K 4.1K 61
"That's a good girl, Isabella," he murmurs, his words dripping with satisfaction. "Let go. Give in to me." ------- BOOK 1 in the RUSSIAN MADE MAN SER...