Annoyingly Yours โšŠ Nishimura...

By solivagante

Park Minji just wanted to get through the school year with a flying high scores in every exams. However that'... More

โœ— intro โœ—
โœ— playlist โœ—
โœ— side characters โœ—
โœ— prologue โœ—
โœ— one โœ—
โœ— two โœ—
โœ— three โœ—
โœ— four โœ—
โœ— five โœ—
โœ— six โœ—
โœ— seven โœ—
โœ— eight โœ—
โœ— nine โœ—
โœ— ten โœ—
โœ— eleven โœ—
โœ— twelve โœ—
โœ— thirteen โœ—
โœ— fourteen โœ—
โœ— fifteenโœ—
โœ— sixteen โœ—
โœ— seventeen โœ—
โœ— eighteen โœ—
โœ— nineteen โœ—
โœ— twenty โœ—
โœ— twenty one โœ—
โœ— twenty two โœ—
โœ— twenty three โœ—
โœ— twenty four โœ—
โœ— twenty five โœ—
โœ— twenty six โœ—
โœ— twenty seven โœ—
โœ— twenty eight โœ—
โœ— twenty nine โœ—
โœ— thirty โœ—
โœ— thirty one โœ—
โœ— thirty two โœ—
โœ— thirty three โœ—
โœ— thirty five โœ—
โœ— thirty six โœ—
โœ— thirty seven โœ—
โœ— thirty eight โœ—
โœ— thirty nine โœ—
โœ— forty โœ—
โœ— forty one โœ—
โœ— forty two โœ—
โœ— forty three โœ—
โœ— forty four โœ—
โœ— forty five โœ—
โœ— forty six โœ—
โœ— forty seven โœ—
โœ— forty eight โœ—
โœ— forty nine โœ—
โœ— fifty โœ—
โœ— epilogue โœ—
โœ— bonus chapter โœ—
โœ— other books coming for this series โœ—

โœ— thirty four โœ—

6.1K 293 124
By solivagante

⚊ chapter thirty four

I would like to sing you all a song that pops out of my mind because I decided to tutor this monkey again. For the good of our future.

I mean, his future.

Let's start at the very beginning. Do Re Mi Fa So done with this monkey!

"No, I don't want to see anymore explanations about biology!", Ni-ki whined loudly, looking remorseful at the biology textbook I laid out on him.

I was lying on my back on his bed, staring at the ceiling and trying to reevaluate my life choices, and also wishing I was anywhere but here. On the bright side, my fever had gone down but my sore throat is getting worse.

Thanks to the magic of ice cream and God do I like to suffer.

"Don't give up or else, Mr. Kang would kill me if you fail at his subject", I huffed before looking at him testily.

We had been at it for two hours now in the afternoon and I think both of us were getting testy. One more offense and we'll fight like childrens for sure.

With a sigh, Nishimura took off his glasses and swerved around from his gaming chair to face me. Glasses which seemed somehow to make him look more appealing, but he only seems to use in times like this, much to my annoyance.

For some reason, I prefer him wearing it more than everything.

"Maybe we should take a break for now. I think my brain cells are slowly dying one by one", Ni-ki said with a sigh.

Agreeing with him is the best choice, so shot my thumbs up in response and there I continued creating scenarios in my imagination like I was expecting a donut spaceship to come get me and introduced me to someone like Matteo Do in my Love From The Star.

Kim Soo-hyun is the bae of my life.

Not the one plopping down next to me on his stomach and propped his head up in one hand then turned to face me.

"What should we do now, babe?", he said, not getting tired of that terrible nickname.

I twisted my head to the side so I could face him better, swallowing harshly as he moved closer to my face, "I don't know", I mumbled softly, barely able to concentrate with him this close.

I could literally see every details of his near-perfect face and I could see the piercings he have on his ears. He looks like a fucking model.

It was extremely distracting. Everything about him.

"How about we play twenty questions?", Ni-ki suggested, looking at me expectantly.

I hesitated as I thought about the potential scandalous questions he could ask. Knowing him, he may ask about how many guys I've kissed before or if I ever get serious on any flings I've had.

To be honest, yes, there's one guy who made it easy for me to want it but the end of our story is him doing the same with another girl.

It would be funny to say I wasn't affected, but that's just it for me. It's okay if he forget me, I know I can always meet someone else.

Could it be this monkey before me? I wanted to ask him a few questions too, so I decided to comply. "Sure, Nishi", I replied softly.

"Okay, you go first", he said quite excitedly.

"How would you describe yourself in three words?", I said, starting with an easy question. He thought for a few seconds before replying.

"That's easy. Handsome as fuck, tall and hilarious charming guy", Ni-ki listed off confidently with an obnoxious smirk on his face.

I snorted. I fear that Park Sunghoon is rubbing off on him now. That tall jerk is so inlove with himself most of the time.

My cousin even told me once there's still no girl who can pass up to his standards when he was that good looking.

He better not forget the time he was foolishly infatuated with the girl who worked on the vet clinic. Sadly, she left the job and he was too late to get her damn number.

"It's nice to see there's a mini Park Sunghoon in the making here", I said, smiling at Ni-ki in amusemeng.

"Okay, my turn. Do you still have a crush on Jungwon hyung?", he rushed out almost immediately.

He tried to ask it nonchalantly, but he stared at me probingly, giving away that he was very much invested to hear my answer.

"Oh my god, Nishimura, not this one again", I said in exasperation as I rolled my eyes, "Why are you even asking that? Unless you want to help me with him?", I give him a playful wink.

"Trust me, Minji, you're not his type", Ni-ki said with a scoff.

"Then what is his type? I could try to be his type", I added, deciding to mess with him even more.

"Shut up. Can you just answer the question already?", he said, a hint of tension in his voice.

"No, I do not have a crush on him anymore. Happy monkey now?", I said with a shrug. He seemed to visibly relax after I said that.

I decided to be a copy cat and ask him the same question, "Do you have a crush on anyone?", I probed, arching my brows up in curiousity.

We were certainly playing a game here of who is the dumb and dumber between us.

His eyes widened slightly as I asked him the question and a long period of silence ensued before he finally answered.

"I don't know. It's complicated to understand. It used to be Sunhee, but nowadays I do have a crush on someone else... but she is also sort of complicated. She always fight back against me", he said with a nervous chuckle.

I snorted, "Really? What did you do to her?", I asked, my eyes lighting up to realize it was me.

"A lot of mean things like throwing a soccer ball to her face, I guess...", he said, trailing off awkwardly as he caught me grinning at him.

"Why don't you tell her then and maybe apologize?", I suggested.

"What if she just laughed at me and went off with another guy? I'm honestly scared to be a second option..", he said with a harsh chuckle, his eyes looking distant and cold all fo a sudden.

And that's when I knew his mind was not on me anymore. It was on someone else who I knew had greatly hurted him inside and he didn't let anyone know. Until now.

I don't even think he was aware that he's opening about it to me.

"You're not even going to tell me who hurt you?", I asked in frustration. I wanted to know for some reason.

I wanted to be sure that the answer is Kim Sunhee. I was curious to hear what really had happened between the two of them.

He can't possibly tell me there's nothing when the girl herself is asking me for his happiness.

He sighed before murmuring, "Fine, but promise not to look at me?"

"Nishimura -"

It was my turn to be quiet when he kept me held against him with a firm hand against the small of my back. Instead of trying to continue my words, I just stared up at him in silent curiousity.

It wouldn't remain silent for much longer.

Ni-ki, now speaking against my ear, insisted, "Can I answer the other question instead?"

"Okay", I murmured, the one word is heavy.

He let out a long breath before nodding to himself, "Okay, here goes nothing - I like you, Grumps. And it's so strange because you annoyed me the most out of all the girls I knew. But it is - I've never felt quite this way before. I shouldn't have known it wasn't just a normal crush when I become so adamant to ruin your day since then.."

He paused for a moment as if trying to think of how to continue and I rolled my bottom lip into my mouth.

Lord of the Monkeys, what was I supposed to say to that? Thinking for a moment, I went to pull away from him, but he just wrapped his arm around my waist, keeping me against him.

"You promised", he reminded me and I let out a breath, nodding obligingly, "The reason that I keep acting like an idiot is because I don't know how to properly feel having a crush other than her. It was stupid, but I thought if I acted like that and you rejected me, I could always spin it around and make some joke about you getting ahead of yourself"

"Nishimura", I tried to interject again, only for him to speak over me.

"I'm scared of rejections", Ni-ki paused again and I tried not to tighten my hold on him, "I think it's about time you know that yes, the girl who hurted me last year is Kim Sunhee"

Just as my breath hitched, Nishimura removed his arms from me and jumping off the bed, then finally met my eyes. He held them for a long moment before speaking quietly, the words almost lost from the sudden knockings on the door.

"So can you please not do the same to me as well?

And as if he hadn't just dropped a bombshell, he tucked his hands into his pockets before turning on his heels to walk away. I stared at his retreating back, trying to wrap my mind around everything he said.

"Fuck it", I swore to myself, leaping off the bed as I hurried after him with quick steps.

I tried to run down stairs three steps at a time and almost caught up to him in the front door. But the sudden appearances of his friends entering after he stepped out had me losing track especially after Sunhee is the one dashing for him next, making me stop completely in front of a confused Jungwon.

Surprisingly, he went to use his motorcycle again to leave her on the garage and Sunhee and I were left looking at each other. Her eyes were full of worries while mine is full of jealousy over her.

But then she says, "Come on. Follow me to my car, I knew where he will go"

And just like I thought her once to be, she really is someone I would never hate for being a sunshine as I followed her to her car and we go after the stubborn monkey we called Nishimura Riki.

I'd like to think that I can be a sunshine too, only a sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.

next chapter

what would our minji do next for her beloved monkey?

don't forget to vote & comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 23.1K 36
"๐—ฆ๐—ต๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜‚๐—ฝ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ ๐—ฝ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜๐—ต." -- ๐Ÿšจviewer discretion is advised Content : strong...
21.1K 990 20
Hana and Heeseung, the classic bestfriends. They've been through ups and downs yet they always go back to each other. But then highschool starts and...
155K 5.5K 41
"I don't understand how you could keep this from me Buck, from Mr. Nakajima! He loved you like a second son!" "For the first time in my life I had a...