Rekindling Old Flames (BWWM)

By mss_amalee

"I need to teach you a lesson for defying me," Beau says, and in an instant, my leg on his thigh drops down b... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
EPILOGUE
STORY BRANCH - CHAPTER 13
STORY BRANCH - CHAPTER 19
STORY BRANCH - CHAPTER 17
NEW BEGINNINGS
OUR WEDDING DAY
TEN YEARS LATER

CHAPTER 31

2.7K 105 10
By mss_amalee

Beau and I flew out of Texas as soon as we could. Dad was not happy to hear about the trip, but he also understood why I was going. He admitted he will have to learn to see Beau's face often since he is the father of my baby. Any urgent work matters I had been meaning to do this week I handed over to Camila, and then postponed what I could till next week. And now, we're here.

I take a deep breath and step out of the car, standing next to Beau. We just arrived at his family's estate in Louisiana. My mouth hangs open when I see the mansion in front of me. The sheer size of it takes my breath away. I come from a wealthy family, but the house in front of me is nothing compared to mine or any other I have seen. Beau takes my hand and walks us up to the massive french doors. Beau presses the bell, and I look around as we wait. I was not looking out the window as we drove in, so I didn't take in the beauty of their front yard. The flowers are all trimmed to perfection, and the fountain in the middle of the drive is adding more beauty to the place.

"Welcome home, sir," a voice says. I turn away from admiring the lights around the fountain and face the front door. An older lady with a soft smile on her round face holds the door open for Beau and me.

"Hello, Lisa," Beau replies as we walk inside.

"How are you doing, dear?" She smiles at him.

"I'm good." His brows pull together. "Where is she?"

The woman doesn't have to ask him to clarify, the corners of her lips turn down into a frown. "In her room."

"Alright, thank you, Lisa." The woman nods in response before walking away. Beau pulls me in the direction of the grand staircase.

I'm in awe again as I take in the magnificent foyer. The walls are white and decorated with family pictures and various art pieces, which I'm sure cost a fortune. Lovely flowers sit in a vase between the grand split staircases, and a crystal chandelier hangs over it all. As we walk up the stairs, I place my hand on the golden-hued banister.

"Once we are done visiting Nana, I'll show you around the estate. You will love the architectural infrastructure of the place," Beau says, noticing the expression of wonder on my face as I look around.

"I can't wait." I give him a soft smile.

We reach a door and Beau knocks softly. He doesn't wait for a response before slowly turning the doorknob.

"Nana, are you awake?" Beau asks, stepping into the room. I follow close behind. The room is cool and dark, but I can tell the walls are painted blue and black. A king-size bed sits in the middle of the room, covered in blue and white pillows.

"Is that my sweetie pie, I hear?" a soft voice says from the bed. Nana is there, tucked under the covers.

"Yes, Nana, it's me," Beau answers as we move toward her.

"Come closer, my dear." She tries to sit up, and Beau rushes to her side to help. He arranges the pillows behind her back to help her get comfortable. She places her hands on his cheeks and looks at him from head to toe.

"How are you feeling?" Beau asks, placing his hand over one of hers.

"As I should at this age," she replies, smiling softly. "And what are you doing standing over there, Lilah? Do you think I don't remember who you are just because I only met you once? Come over here, dear." She outstretches her other hand.

"Hello, Nana, it's been ages since I last saw you." I walk over to them, and Beau moves away as Nana pulls me into a warm hug.

"How are you doing?" she asks, letting go of me.

"I'm doing great. How about you?"

"I'm feeling so much better today than I have these past few months, simply because the both of you are here."

I smile. "That's good to hear."

"I heard you're pregnant. I hope my great-grandchild is not making things too difficult for you." She gently places her fragile hand on my belly. I'm not surprised Beau has already told her about the baby. I didn't expect anything else knowing how close they are.

"No, not at all." It's probably best to keep my hospital visit to myself. There's no need to cause her to worry.

"I'm really happy you guys were able to work things out," Nana says, looking between Beau and me. "I pray I live to see your wedding day."

I turn to Beau, shocked that he would lie to his grandmother about our relationship. Beau gives no indication that he sees my questioning look or that he's ashamed of the lie. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Turning back toward Nana, I forced a smile to my face. "I pray so too." The woman is dying, and this seems to be giving her some sort of happiness. I don't want to take it away from her. There's no need to tell her that, even if she lived to a hundred and fifty, there is no way in hell she would ever see me and her grandson get married.

***

Later in the evening, I hear a knock at my door. Nana wants Beau and I close to her, so she asked us to stay in the room next door. But I'm the only one staying in here. I asked Beau to stay in another room, but I know if he had his way, we would be sharing this one. Coming out of the attached bathroom, I drop the towel I was using to wash my face on the bed and walk to the door. I'm greeted with the sight of Beau. He's here to take me downstairs for dinner. My stomach does a nervous flip that I try to ignore. I make sure to grab my phone before joining him in the hall.

As we approach the dining room, I begin to hear voices. I prepare for the confrontation with Jenny and Beau's grandfather. Why did I agree to come down here and eat? I should've asked them to bring my food up.

"Hello, everyone," Beau says as we step into the room.

Beau's grandfather, Jenny, and Harvey are already seated and eating. I guess we're late.

"Delilah, I can't believe it's true. You're really here," Jenny says, pausing her meal. She links her hands together and rests her chin on them.

"Yes, I am." I smirk, unable to help the thrill of satisfaction that runs through me knowing my presence here irritates Jenny.

"Please don't start, Mom; she's only here because I knew Nana would be excited to see her." Beau says, pulling out a chair for me. I'm about to sit, but a gravelly voice halts my actions.

"It's bad enough that you dared to enter my home. But now you want to sit at my table?" Beau's grandfather, Edward, says. He is a handsome man, in his seventies with all gray hair. His gray eyes, almost identical to Beau's, swim with hatred.

"Where would you rather me sit?" I ask, arching my brows at the old man.

"I am giving you an hour to leave," Edward says. I'm not surprised he's kicking me out. After all, his daughter kicked me out of Beau's apartment. This isn't new for me.

"She's not leaving. Nana wants her here, so she's staying," Beau says, surprising me. I can't believe he just stood up for me.

"You should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you bring this disgrace into my home!" Edward says, looking at Beau. My eyes widen in shock.

"A disgrace?" Beau repeats.

"You think just because you didn't tell me directly that I don't know she is carrying an abomination in her belly?" Edward snaps.

"Did you just call my child an abomination?" I ask, disbelief settling in my bones.

"What the hell, Grandfather?" Beau exclaims.

"Language, Beau," Jenny interrupts. "What did you expect? For us to accept the child?"

"Yes," Beau replies. "Because that child has your blood running in its veins."

"That may be true, but it will also have her blood running in its veins," Edward says. "There is no way we can accept a child like that."

I'm taken aback by Edward's words. I know Beau's family hates me, but this is too much. They would hate my child just because I'm its mother?

"So, what if my child has my blood running in its veins? That makes my child unworthy of being accepted by you?" My voice cracks as hot, angry tears fill my eyes. "I have done nothing to you, absolutely nothing, and you hate me simply because of the color of my skin." I shake my head in disgust. "You plan to apply that hatred to my child as well, even though they will be related to you. It's sad you guys have such a mentality in this day and age."

My baby has done nothing to these people, and they're calling it an abomination. Hatred is already forming in their hearts for someone who doesn't even breathe yet. It saddens me deeply. Even my mother's family, who aren't happy I got pregnant out of wedlock, didn't say such awful things. What a horrible family this is.

I take a deep breath. "I only came here to see that wonderful lady upstairs, and since I have done that, I'll be on my way." Turning around, I exit the dining room. The tears in my eyes flow freely once I'm alone. As much as I don't like to admit it to myself, it hurts to have people hate me like that. It makes me want to ask God why he made me the way he did, but I won't do that anymore. I refuse. I'm perfect the way I am. Shaking my head, I blink and try to make the tears disappear. I am perfect the way I am, I think to myself. And I shouldn't let those horrible people make me think otherwise.

I'm about to walk up the stairs to get my things when I feel someone grab my hand. I turn around and see Beau.

I speak before he gets a chance to. "I know what you are going to say, but I am not staying."

"I know," he says. "I wanted to ask you to say goodbye to Nana before you leave."

"Oh." I wasn't expecting that.

"Meet me in her room once you are done packing. We will leave after we say goodbye."

"You're leaving, too?" I ask, shocked.

"Of course," he says. "They insulted my baby and kicked the mother of my child out in the middle of the night. If I didn't come with you, I would be the most stupid lover in the world."

"You are not my lover," I scoff, despite the smile stretching across my face at the fact that he's leaving with me. The Beau I used to know would have just dropped me off at the airport. It's good to see a change in him for once.

"Whatever you say." He smiles back at me.

We walk upstairs and go to our separate rooms to pack. I don't spend much time gathering my things since I didn't really have a chance to fully unpack to begin with. After I finish, I head to Nana's room as planned. I lift my hand to knock on the door but realize it's slightly ajar. Beau must have left it open for me. I'm about to push it open fully to enter but freeze once I hear what's being said inside.

"I think it's time you tell Delilah the truth," Nana says. "She deserves to know."

"No, she doesn't; I can't afford to lose her after everything I have done to get her back." Beau sounds upset.

"I don't believe telling her would make her leave you; if anything, I think she would want to be with you more."

"I don't think so, Nana; no woman would want to be with the man who almost killed her father."

"What!" The word slips out of my mouth before I can even think about caring that I might get caught eavesdropping.

"Delilah?" Beau opens the door, and I guess he can tell from the look on my face that I was listening, because he says, "I can explain it's not as it sounds."

Angerraces through my veins. "You have exactly two minutes to explain yourselfbefore I make an attempt on your life." I fold my arms acrossmy chest and stare at him, tapping my foot against the floor. I wonder whatreason he could possibly have for doing what he just claimed he is responsiblefor. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600K 15.4K 73
"NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER let anyone other than me see you in such little clothes. Have I made myself clear tesoro? " His husky voice dialed down by an...
99.3K 6.7K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...
59.8K 1.1K 27
He doesn't know how much he's breaking my heart right now. "Trinity, I don't know how to show you how much sorry I am." He states, rubbing his face...
671K 30.1K 42
'Do you know why you are suspended from ceiling krasivaya?' he whispers in my ears and wipes the sweat dripping from my neck due to the trepidation a...