Vault of horrors

By doctor_geramia

This is where I put all my scary stories More

A text message
A twist ending
I saw it coming
A monster in his closet
I loved her
Doors
The man that ate all the newborns
Wake up
Mr. Widemouth
Ickbarr Bigelsteine
Forgotten friends
An accident
A deal
My job
Growths
A message from your personal demons
It stands there
It was an accident
Rap rat
Its ok to cry
Baby dolls
Ramblings of a mad man
I begged you
Subway suicide
A writers mind
The year was 1991
Ice
Headlights
they least expect it
always count the people
Long jack
Is it right?
Don't peek
"Most Definitely"

They got the definition wrong

54 5 6
By doctor_geramia

It has been said that the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". I understand the sentiment behind the saying, but it's wrong.
I entered the building on a bet. I was strapped for cash and didn't buy into the old legends of the hotel to begin with, so fifty bucks was more than enough to get me do it. It was simple. Just reach the top floor, the 45th floor, shine my flashlight from a window.
The hotel was old and broken, including the elevator, so that meant hiking up the stairs. So up the stairs I went. As I reached each platform, I noted the old brass plaques displaying the floor numbers. 15, 16, 17, 18. I felt a little tired as I crept higher, but so far, no ghosts, no cannibals, no demons. Piece of cake.
I can't tell you how happy I was as I entered that last stretch of numbers. I joyfully counted them aloud at each platform. 40,41,42,43, 44, 44. I stopped and looked back down the stairs. I must have miscounted, so I continued up. 44. One more flight. 44. And then down ten flights. 44. Fifteen flights. 44.
And so it's been for as long as I can remember. So really, insanity isn't doing something repeatedly and expecting different results. It's knowing that the results will never ever change; that each door leads to the same staircase, to the same number. It's realizing you no longer fall asleep. It's not knowing whether you've been running for days or weeks or years. It's when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263 1 10
**WARNING-THESE STORIES ARE A LIL TWISTED NOT MEANT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART** A good mix of short horror stories varying from paranormal to just creep...
128 5 5
All of my short horror stories in one place!
19 0 16
a collection of all my stories into one book
1.7K 42 30
Where your nightmares begin. ---CR. https://web.facebook.com/scaryforall/