All Along | ✓

By pink_flamingo_09

Eighteen years is a long time. But for Oli and Luna that time passes in the blink of an eye. Since the momen... More

All Along
Luna Carter
Oli King
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Epilogue
Bonus Scenes!!!

Chapter Thirty-Seven

31.3K 922 119
By pink_flamingo_09

"I think I was made to love you."

- unknown

Oli's POV

By the time Luna and I make it back to her apartment after having dinner with her parents and mine, it's after eleven and the two of us are exhausted. When we step into the elevator in her building, I press the button for her floor then wait as the doors close behind us. Luna stands in front of me and loops her arms loosely around my waist. She relaxes and drops her weight against me, a tired sigh escaping her.

A smile gets the better of me as I wrap my arms around her and hold her up. "You doing okay there, Little One?" I ask softly, bending my head to kiss the crown of her head.

"Mmhm," She hums, snuggling her face into the middle of my chest, "It's just been a long day."

"I know," I rub a hand up and down her back slowly and her muscles noticeably relax under my touch.

When the elevator stops at Luna's floor, she speaks up, "Will you stay with me, Oli?"

I'm shocked for a moment, my eyes widening, "What?"

She lifts her head from my chest and stares up at me with hopeful eyes, "Stay the night? I don't want you driving home in the dark and... I don't want you to go home just yet. Please?"

This feels too good to be true, "Of course, Luna baby."

She smiles happily, stepping back and grabbing my hand, "Good." Then she turns and starts heading towards her apartment with me following obediently behind her.

Stopping at her door, she unlocks it and steps inside, pulling me in with her. I shut the door behind us and furrow my brows at the lack of noise in the apartment. It's late, but from what Luna has told me, it's rare to find Alana in bed before midnight.

I turn to Luna and see the same confused expression on her face. "Laney's not home," She murmurs, and digs her phone out of her bag. She laughs softly at whatever she reads on the screen. "I missed a text from her. She said she went out to a bar with a friend from her new job and that she met a lovely lady there that's taken her interest. She says 'don't wait up'."

I frown, "You sure she'll be alright? Maybe just check, if she wants, I can pick her up-"

"Oli, it's fine, Alana's a big girl, she can handle herself. Besides, it's not like her to go home with just anyone. She has good instincts and she'll stay safe." Luna assures me, stepping closer and wrapping her arms around my waist. She bites back a grin, "It's lovely that you care though."

"Of course I care. Anyone and anything that's important to you is automatically important to me." I shrug. That's the way it's always been.

Luna's eyes soften, "God, I love you."

With a wide smile, I lean down to kiss her deeply, because words aren't enough to express my love for this woman. She's everything to me. I pull away slightly to whisper against her lips, "I love you," Another deep kiss and then, "I love you," I circle my arms around her waist to hold her to me as she starts to lean her weight onto me. Tilting my head, my tongue sweeps into her mouth gently, and I can't get enough her taste. "I'm so in love with you," I murmur again before trailing my kisses down to her neck, tonguing certain areas a little longer.

Her soft sighs of content are followed by her knees weakening as she leans into my embrace, allowing me to hold her up. Luna tilts her head to the side and when she whispers, "Oli," on a breathy sigh, I feel as though I've reached heaven.

"Yes, Luna baby?" I answer her sigh lowly before sucking on a particularly tender spot just below her ear.

I'm not ready for what comes next. Her breath hitches and then she moans quietly right beside my ear. Now I'm feeling weak at the knees myself, ready to kneel before her and worship the ground she walks on.

But I can't stop this now. Not when I'm getting that good of a response. My lips quirk up and I murmur lowly into her skin, "That good, huh?"

"Oli," She says my name again and it's half plead, half groan. "Please."

"Please what?" My mouth curls into a smirk before I can help it. I just love her reaction to me. Luna has always completely trusted me, from the moment we first met. When I saved her that first day, from then on, she always trusted that I would keep her safe in every way that matters. Physically, I've always protected her. And I've always taken care of her emotionally as well. Even after all this time, Luna so willingly gives herself to me. Letting me carry her weight, allowing me to see every part of who she is.

Her mouth moves closer to my ear, then she says, "Take me to bed, Oli."

Those five words coming from her is the best thing I've ever heard in my life. In one swift movement, I scoop her up into my arms bridal-style and start walking in the direction of her bedroom.

"Woah!" She gasps softly at the movement, her arms immediately flying up to hook around my neck. Luna stares up at me with wide eyes and I can't help but marvel at how unguarded she is right now. For so many years since I left, she's been putting these walls up to keep me out. I hurt her and she did everything she could to prevent it from happening again. But now she's finally trusting me again. Her heart is in my hands, but this time, she knows I'll take care of it. After all, my heart has always been hers.

I nudge open her bedroom door with my back and walk inside, kicking it gently closed behind me. "Luna baby," I murmur, pausing with her still in my arms, "You tell me what to do here. You want me to set you down and walk right out of here and stay the night on the couch? I'll do that. You want me to set up some blankets and camp out on the floor beside your bed, that's no problem. This is your space and I follow your rules, alright?"

Her wide eyes are dazed as she stares up at me. Lifting a hand, she gently cups my jaw and my eyes fall shut of their own accord. Her thumb brushes over my cheek gently, immediately bringing me a sense of peace. "When have I ever wanted you away from me, Oli?" She asks softly. My eyes open to see her lips lifted into a smile, "I've always wanted you as close to me as possible. What's mine is yours. And that includes my bed."

I smile, dipping my head to press a kiss to her forehead, "Then that's a privilege I'm very thankful for, love." I set her down on her feet and take a step back. "Are you still hoarding any of my old clothes I could borrow?"

She grins a little devious smile and spins around to walk over to her dresser. She opens a drawer and inside, it's overflowing with my old clothes. "Of course I am."

"Holy shít," I chuckle, "You stole a lot more than I thought you did."

"Yeah... Some of this is pretty old... Like fifteen years old, so it won't fit you anymore," She hunches over and ruffles through some things, "But there should be... Aha!" She turns to face me with a pair of sweatpants in her hold, "These are maybe eight years old? You've gotten a little..." She trails off as her eyes drop to trace over my body. The look sends a pleasant shiver down my spine, "...Bigger since then. Taller. They might be a bit short, but they should be fine."

"Why do you even have them? I get that you used to steal the odd shirt of mine when I first left, but these wouldn't even fit you."

She shrugs, "Some of this is just stuff that got left at the house over the years and... I don't know. Every time something of yours got left behind, I took it. I never wore most of these. Some of the shirts, yeah, especially when I was in high school and I really felt when you were gone. But the rest was just... Something of you for me to hold onto. Something that still smelt like you." She murmurs.

Stepping closer to her, I gently tilt her head up with two fingers under her chin so that her eyes meet mine. "I knew you used to keep my things when I left. Whenever I would have to go back to college, I would almost always purposely leave behind a shirt or a hoodie of mine for you to keep. I remember one of the first times I visited home, I found your little stash under your bed. I figured it brought you comfort when I wasn't there."

She nods slightly, "Some night I would cry and cry so much that I couldn't even sleep. So I would put on your clothes and curl up into a little ball, pretending you were right there keeping me safe."

My heart breaks in my chest. "You wore my clothes to help you sleep?"

"More often than I'd like to admit," Luna murmurs sheepishly.

My eyes dart over her face for a moment before I ask, "Which ones?"

"Hmm?" She tilts her head, confused.

"Which ones did you sleep in the most?"

"Oh, uh..." She trails off, eyes darting to the drawer. She bends and pulls out an old plain black t-shirt. It looks about my size now. "Um, you left this about... six or seven years ago. It was one of the first times we both visited home after I'd moved out. I hadn't taken anything of yours in a while but... not many of the things I had smelt like you anymore and... I missed you. So much."

I take the t-shirt from her gently, "So you slept in this at night?" She nods, "How many times?"

"Too many to count."

Turning the material over in my hands, I ask, "Does it still smell like me?"

She shakes her head, "It hasn't for a long time."

Perfect. I hand her back the shirt and look back into her eyes. I carefully bring my hands up and start unbuttoning my dress shirt. Her eyes turn wide, following my movements sharply. When the shirt is completely unbuttoned, I shrug it off my shoulders and discard it on the floor behind me. I slip my shoes off as well, placing them at the end of her bed.

Her eyes are glued to my chest as I step closer, holding out my hand for the shirt. She doesn't make any move to hand it to me. "May I have my shirt back, Luna baby?" I ask lowly.

She snaps her eyes back up to mine and quickly darts her hand out, pressing the shirt towards me. She doesn't say a word as I take it from her and slip it on over my head. The shirt still fits me well, maybe a tad tighter than I would usually wear now. I take a deep breath in as I pull it over my head. My head turns fuzzy. It smells like her. I take way too long to put the shirt on, savouring her scent as I do so.

I keep eye contact with her as my hands fall to my belt buckle. She doesn't move her eyes from mine, but I watch her throat bob with a swallow as she watches my movement in her peripheral vision. Slowly, I unbuckle my belt and slide it from the loops of my pants. The strap of leather falls to the floor, joining my shirt. Her chest inflates with a deep inhale as I zip open my pants, but still, she doesn't break eye contact. My pants fall, and I step out of them, standing before her in just my t-shirt and boxers. Silently, she hands me the sweatpants, her breathing ragged.

"Not gonna take a peak?" I murmur, so softly she can probably only just hear me. But it's the only sound in the silent apartment, so I know she does.

Luna cocks her head, eyes narrowing in challenge. "I'm confident I'll see it all eventually."

I hum softly, not even close to denying it. "Sure hope so."

Her lips quirk up to one side and she waits until I've pulled on the sweatpants to drop her gaze, regarding the pants on me. "A little small."

"Not the remark I was hoping for." I quip with a grin.

She rolls her eyes at me, reaching out to slap my chest gently, "I meant the pants, Oli. I'll let you know about that another day."

I smile at her sureness and step back, glancing down over her. "Your turn."

A brow raises, "My turn to what?"

"That outfit is lovely, Little One, but that's not what you plan to sleep in, is it?" I tilt my head, challenging her as well.

Her eyes narrow. I can see the gears turning in her head before she turns and reaches into the drawer containing my clothes. She finds a hoodie that's definitely at least ten years old and then turns back to face me. Keeping her eyes locked on me, she hands me the hoodie and when I take it from her grip, she uses her free hands to grab the bottom of her shirt and pull it up over her head.

I struggle to keep my eyes on her face she she stares up at me challengingly with nothing but a bra covering the top half of her body. She kicks off her heels as well, then holds a hand out to me. Dutifully, I hand her my hoodie and she pulls it over her head. It falls like a dress on her. She slips out of her dress pants too, tossing them to the side. Finally, she slips her hands underneath the hoodie and with a skill only women have, she manages to unclip her bra and take it off without removing the hoodie at all. Her eyes locked on mine, she pulls it off and holds it up pointedly before it drops to the floor at our feet. She's left in nothing but my hoodie and her panties.

And with the look she's giving me... I know I'm a goner.

Lord, have mercy on my poor, poor soul. I'm so in love with this woman.

A/N

Hello wonderful readers! Long time no see! Sorry about all the delayed updates, but I'm currently at university plus working a part time job, so I find myself with very little time to write a lot of the time. But I love this so much, so I'll always do my best to get new chapters out as quickly as I can!!

What are your thoughts on this chapter? What do you think will happen next? Let me know what you think!!! I love hearing from you!!

Thank you so much for being patient and taking the time to read my story! I love you all so much!! Have a wonderful day!!!

~ Pink Flamingo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502 34 18
high school sweethearts. that's what you and tyler used to be. you loved each other so much and dated throughout almost all of high school. your rela...
672K 12K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...
1.2M 33.3K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...
1.8K 399 24
Sometimes love doesn't come when we expect them to, and sometimes it does come when we expect them. Marks life suddenly became difficult and miserabl...