๐’๐๐€๐‘๐Š๐’ ๐…๐‹๐˜

By astronvmyx

โ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐จ๐ก ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž. โž IN WHICH -- started: 11/3/21 finished: 12/16/22 More

๐’๐๐€๐‘๐Š๐’ ๐…๐‹๐˜
๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
๐จ๐ง๐ž
๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ
๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ
๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐ญ๐ž๐ง
๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ

๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž

226 4 2
By astronvmyx

Shelly couldn't help but cry as she walked into the room.

In front of her, was a lively looking, sitting up in his bed, Johnny.

He still had burns all over his body, but his eyes were brighter - and he was smiling.

"Shelly! What- Why are you crying? They haven't told us anything yet-" Johnny's eyes looked big and alarmed as he looked at Michelle.

"No- No I'm okay. I don't even know why I'm crying right now." Michelle laughed, as she sat in the chair next to Johnny's bed.

"I just can't believe you're up - and talking. It's just-" Michelle was interrupted when she heard the clearing of someone's throat.

It was Johnny's doctor - who Michelle learned was Dr. Owens.

"Good evening, I'm here with an update on Johnny."

Michelle knew would be good news, it had to be.

As the doctor began to explain Johnny's prognosis, everyone's face fell.

"When the roof collapsed on Mr. Cade, it shattered the lower part of his back, which also caused some of the nerves to fail as well. Johnny will be unable to walk until further notice."

He can't walk?

Johnny isn't actually okay.

"I'm terribly sorry to inform you like this."

"You can't fix it? You're a goddamn doctor! You should be able to do something!" Dallas shouted, then stormed out of the room, angrily.

"So - he's gonna need a wheelchair?" Ponyboy said quietly.

"Yes, and he will have to learn a completely new way of life unless things change."

As the doctor and Ponyboy went into the hallway to talk about accommodations for Johnny, Michelle turned her head toward a teary-eyed Johnny.

"It's gonna be okay, Johnny. I promise."

"I know Shells, I've known for a while."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Ever since it happened, I could feel my legs slowly lose feeling, I guess."

It was a lot for Michelle to take in, she couldn't understand how Johnny felt, and what he must e going through.

"I'm sorry - I'm so, so sorry." Michelle cried as she held Johnny's hand.

"I'll be fine, I promise. And please don't cry, I hate seeing you like this."

"I'm sorry-" Michelle looked up at Johnny. Johnny had wiped the tears from Michelle's face.

Something must've happened because as Michelle looked into them, she saw his eyes change to a fearful look.

"Shelly, your nose-" Michelle looked down at the blanket, and there were drops of blood puddled on the blanket.

"Oh-" Michelle quickly turned around and grabbed a bunch of tissues, and held them up to her nose.

"Doc!" Johnny shouted, and came running in was Ponyboy and Dr. Owens.

"Ms. Parker, are you alright - tilt your head back." Dr. Owens told Michelle, getting more tissues for her.

"I think if we're this close, you can call me Michelle." Michelle laughed.

"Alright, Michelle. Ponyboy, grab her wheelchair, please."

"I can walk!" Michelle voiced.

"If your nose is bleeding, you could lose too much and lose consciousness. We don't want to risk that."

Michelle rolled her eyes, then sat down in the chair.

When Michelle was back in her bed, Dr. Owens started to explain the tests and scans Michelle needed.

"We know nosebleeds are minor, but considering the events, we want to take extra precautions. This means, you should get some rest now and we're going to start tests tomorrow. Have a good evening." Dr. Owens nodded to both Michelle and Ponyboy.

Once the Doctor was gone, Michelle turned to Ponyboy, "What did he say about Johnny?"

"Shelly, you need rest."

"No. Tell me, please." Michelle knew she was being pathetic, but it was the only thing she could think about.

"Well, they're gonna give him a complimentary wheelchair. But other than that, he said it's gonna be expensive. He's gonna call Johnny's parents about it now."

"he's not going back to live with them, right? He can't- they all saw his mother! A goddamn alcoholic!"

"Shelly, it'll be okay. I'm gonna call Darry, it'll all be fine."

"Darry! How is he? How's everyone else!" Michelle immediately began to feel guilty. She's only been thinking of Johnny, and she never once stopped to realize how this has affected everyone else.

"Everyone is fine- Now please, go to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Okay, Night Ponyboy."

"Goodnight, Seashell."

Michelle had barely slept that night. Her head was pounding all night, but she just assumed it was from stress.

It was nearing 5 in the morning, and it was still pitch black outside. She knew she wouldn't be tested for a while.

Michelle tried not to assume the worst, but it was all she could think about. Those tests could show anything and everything.

There was a notepad on the table beside her, and thankfully Miss Kate had left a pen.

Michelle began to write -- she just wrote down her thoughts, but then, she got another idea.

She started to write, but then her mind went blank as if her head just stopped working and she couldn't think of anything to write. She just shoved the pad to the end of her bed and laid back down.

"Good morning, Michelle." Nurse Kate turned on the light in the room, then walked in. It was now 7:30 and Michelle was wide awake.

"I can't sleep, and I don't know why." She sighed, sitting up to see the blonde nurse.

"Would you like some sleeping medicine? I'll have your tests pushed back." Kate said, looking at Michelle's chart, then checking her vitals.

"No, it's fine. I think if I can figure out what the hell is wrong with me, I'll be able to sleep."

"Alright, but has anything else happened? Any questions?"

"Is there any way I can get some paper? and an envelope?" Michelle asked.

"Michelle, If this is what I think it is-"

"No! No, I'm not that morbid, it's just in case. it's like my will." Michelle shrugged. She knew what Nurse Kate was thinking, "And don't talk me out of it, I know it sounds bad, but I would need it anyway."

"Fine, but don't expect it to be given out." Nurse Kate shook her head.

"I don't, I promise."

"Alright, in about an hour we're going to get you ready for your tests. Meanwhile, I think you have some visitors."

And when Michelle looked in the doorway, she saw them.

"Seashell!" Sodapop was ecstatic to see Michelle, considering the last time he'd seen her was the first night in the hospital.

Michelle hugged Sodapop tightly, and then Steve, and then Two-bit, and everyone else.

They all pulled chairs and other objects to sit on and around Michelle's bed.

"Hey, where did Ponyboy go?" Michelle asked, noticing the still very blonde boy was missing.

"Oh, he just-" and as Two-bit was about to finish, Ponyboy came in, along with Johnny in a wheelchair.

"Johnny!" Everyone cheered.

Johnny waved at everyone, but smiled and looked at Michelle the entire time.

"So, how's everything going?"

As they all sat around talking and laughing Michelle really began to realize she finally had a family again. She cherished the feelings she had, and the smiles on everyone's faces. What she cherished the most were the moments she'd turn and see Johnny looking at her.

It was moments like these that she cherished because she knew they wouldn't last forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 203 19
An epilogue yet beginning to Johnny and Ponyboy's friendship continues as they realize the way there seen and felt towards each other is not just fri...
50.4K 471 30
๐ˆ๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ/๐๐ซ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฏ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐ ๐š๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐›๐จ๐ฒ๐ฌ! *completed* โ—Ž๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒโ—Ž โ—Ž๐‰๐จ๐ก๐ง๐ง๐ฒโ—Ž โ—Ž๐ƒ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒโ—Ž...
653K 13.3K 140
just your favorite greaser boiiiiis.... but mostly johnny and dally whoops
6.2K 59 14
"๐ข'๐ฆ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐š ๐ค๐ข๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ." "๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ." "๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ."