Heads Of Medusa

AnitaBadei द्वारा

Athena stared in shock at the view. Ever since she got there, all she ever wanted was to find the entrance to... अधिक

PROLOGUE {edited}
A DAY LIKE A NIGHTMARE (edited)
TO THE SAFE SIDE (edited)
DISPUTE (edited)
THE STORY OF MEDUSA (edited)
ESCAPE (edited)
MEDUSA
MEDUSA 2
OUTSIDE THE INDESTRUCTIBLE GLASS DOOR
THE TRUTH
RULES

PROPER PLANNING (edited)

105 63 9
AnitaBadei द्वारा

Athena kept staring at the tray in her hands as she walked away from the queue she was in to one of the tables nearest to her.

There were only five tables with lot's of chairs around them.

She placed the tray down and pulled out the chair then sit on it.

DAD had said they must be exhausted and hungry and Said they were going to the diner room to eat.

This made Athena a little happy. She was hungry and tired after she had ran that stupid race to escape and still she was stuck with the Eradicators.

Her stomach grumbled, she was really starving and even her head is telling her to be skeptical about eating from them, she still wants to eat and convince herself not to worry about that.

They won't hurt her since she's needed for training, that was what she thought to convince herself but despite all that effort, it was saddening for her to find out what she were going to eat.

Unfortunately it wasn't anything delicious like chicken but instead it was a greenish soup that looked like a concoction to her.

It looked so disgusting to her and she wanted to curse at the people here.

Another tray was set beside her, she turned and saw the blonde guy settling down beside her.

She frowned and she immediately got up whilst hitting her fist on the table.

The guy turned to her shocked then got up when he noticed her standing. "What is the matter now?" He asked seeming genuinely worried.

"You," she pointed at him, "Don't follow me." She ordered.

She took her tray and walked away to another table.

She settled down but seconds later, another tray was placed beside hers and the blond guy settled down in a chair close to her.

"Hey what is it with you?" She asked annoyed. She glanced down at his green shirt to look at his code name.

They were all given a green big T shirt with their code names written at the side.

"SOX." She called out, "What is your deal with me?" She asked again. "You said I was dumb so why do you keep hanging around me?"

SOX sighed. "You're something else you know that! I should be the one mad and ditching you but you're the one giving me an attitude?" He scoffed

"Why wouldn't I give you an attitude?!"

"Well maybe because I've been helping you? You really don't know how to make allies. You won't last long." He shook his head. "And what's so wrong that I did?"

"You... You're non repentant! Don't think that SET has justified what you did!"

"Oh my gosh, not this again."

"What? You thought you'll just get a little scolding and that's it?"

SOX sighed frustratedly and rolled his eyes. He focused on Athena again,
"Well... At that moment when I did it, I didn't feel myself. It was like I wasn't myself." SOX admitted.

Athena gave it some thoughts and it seems to make sense to her.

"Ah you should have said that a long time ago instead of pretending to be non repentant and arrogant. You seem like a jerk you know that?"

"What difference would it have made?" He shrugged his shoulders and raised a brow at her.

"Oh it would have made a lot of difference. I think they installed something inside us that allows them to control our decision. I think that was what happened. It was not your fault." She explained then gave him a small smile. She felt a little at ease now.

SOX has been helping her out and she was very grateful but the idea that he could intentionally want to kill someone was just so overwhelming for her. She didn't know what to do but she is glad now that that misunderstanding has been resolved and she doesn't have to avoid him anymore.

"I think they did that to prove a point." She added whilst nodding continuously.

"Ah I see..." SOX processed what Athena told him and only nodded in agreement. "I think what you said makes a log of sense. So you are a bit smart after all." He mocked her.

Athena rolled her eyes then smiled again nonetheless.

She took her attention back to her food and then groaned.

She looked around and everyone were either just looking at their greenish soup or chatting with the person with them or playing with the soup.

"What is this that was given to us? Do they expect us to eat this?" Athena complained.

"Hope you aren't asking me. You want answers, there's a guard over there." SOX pointed at the two guards standing at the sides of a opened door.

They weren't armed but they don't look happy at all. They were also dressed in their Eradicators' uniform with their code names on their uniform.

SOX observed her reaction, she didn't like the idea to go over there. She returned her gaze back to him and glared at him.

He chuckled and he raised his hands up in surrender then he pointed elsewhere. "Or you could talk to the lunch man." He pointed behind the counter and in front of the queue.

The man is wearing an apron with the Eradicators symbol on it. He is muscularly built, tall, dark and seem much more friendly than the others.

"He might give you something else to eat. Just wink at him and it will do the trick."

Athena rolled her eyes at him. She was definitely not going to flirt with anyone here. She was definitely not going to do what SOX is suggesting but she have to get something else to eat, she's not sure the greenish soup would pass her throat.

She close her eyes to think but opened them back with a sudden noise she heard.

A bang came from the table and she opened it to see the black girl in front of her at the other side of the table. She sat down with a frown on her face and her own greenish soup was in front of her on the table.

"I can't believe these morons! Do they expect us to want to fight with them with this type of treatment?" The young girl complained.

SOX and Athena looked at each other. Athena shrugged, it wouldn't be a problem if she sat there with her after all none of them owned the place.

But SOX shook his head, he wasn't having it.

"Hey kid? What are you doing here?" SOX asked with a raised brow and a displeased face.

The black girl saw this. She frown as well. She pointed at the left side of her chest.

"See the code name there?" She hissed.

The name tag on her read: EHB

"How do you want me to pronounce that?" SOX teased.

"Well just say it as it is! E H B! Simple. No more kid."

"Weren't you the one boasting about being the only kid here? You said you were like the chosen one that will save all of us from Medusa."

"Yeah what I said is true but it also has it's disadvantages like everyone will be jealous of you. I don't think anyone wants me to sit with them."

"Yeah I can understand that cause you're a weird person but what I can't understand is what made you think we'll let you sit with us?"

"Oh come on! What's so wrong with expressing ones self? And besides, we all can't remember anything about ourselves so what do we really know about being weird?"

What E H B said sounded sensible in both SOX and Athena ears. She was right. Very right and Athena realized just now how foolish she was trying to escape without her memories back.

"Wether it's actually weird or not, it's weird for me and if everyone thinks so then it's probably weird." SOX defended.

"Come on dude! Besides I didn't say they thought I was weird, they are jealous and I'm starting to think you are too."

"Weirdo shoo."

"Okay okay, SOX it's enough. She can sit wherever she wants to, we can't chase her away. Neither her nor us owns this place."

"The brunette is right! Please listen to someone sensible."

"Is brunette my code name?"

"Fine. You gave me respect so I'll do the same, EVE." She rolled her eyes and reluctantly said her code name.
Once the name left her mouth, she realized something. "But do you know how lucky you are to get that name? Like what were you even thinking when you click on the keyboard?" E H B asked.

"I'm not lucky. I do not consider it luck. Being here alone has already proven how unlucky I am." Athena corrected.

"Yeah sometimes I wondered what this little kid thinks." A woman sat down next to E H B. The code name on her was WHI. "You should really think about what you say before it leaves your mouth."

"Look here lady, are you my mother and I forgot about it?" E H B's was filled with sarcasm and she had a bored expression on her face.

WHI shook her head then she turned her attention to Athena and SOX.

"So when are coming up with a plan?" She asked them.

Just that moment, Athena spotted the brown skinned guy and the dark guy too. They were heading to another table and she immediately got their attention and waved them over.

They obliged and sat down with her. Seeing them, for some reason, E H B giggled but she contained it.

"You called?" The brown guy whose name tag read: ROG asked with a smile underneath his mustache.

Athena nodded.

WHI hurried and spoke up first. "We were just about to plan what we will do to get out of here."

"I've been thinking about it since on the queue but we can't do anything impulsive." The dark guy whose code name is: ANT spoke up.

"He's right. We have to observed the place first of all. Also, if we escape it might not guarantee our safety." ROG added.

"What do you mean?" Both Athena and WHI chorused.

E H B giggled again and everyone turned to give her a questioning look. She quickly covered her mouth with her hand.

They looked away from her and focused back on what they were discussing.

"Why I made that statement is because, they were able to kidnap us from god knows where. If we escape and no nothing about them or this place, we might get ourselves kidnapped again or worst, killed." ROG explained.

Everyone nodded in agreement. "And they did mention we weren't the first and we are definitely not the last, we'll have to stop them for good. We'll have to get the address of this place." Athena reasoned as well. "Plus we definitely cannot leave without our memories, where would we go if we don't remember who we are?"

"That is true. So definitely no running away for now." SOX said while looking at Athena. He had a knowing look and she just rolled her eyes.

"Ugh I still can't believe all this is real." WHI sighed as she face palmed her face.

"Okay I cannot take this anymore dude," E H B started talking to ANT "seriously! If I was you I would have asked for a second chance. Damn! Your code name is pronounced as ant!" E H B roared with laughter.

"Gosh, I don't know about myself before but right now I hate kids." ANT stated eyeing E H B.

"I'm with you." SOX agreed.

WHI suddenly slammed her fit on the table then turn to E H B. "Do you realize we are try to figure out how to get out of this place! Why can't you be serious!" WHI yelled at E H B.

She glared at her and E H B was taken aback. She frown as well, getting serious now.

"Hey calm down, we can't let those Gordon Eradicators know about our plan." Athena tried to hush WHI.

"Yeah don't overreact." ROG supported.

"Overreact? This kid has been acting like this! She doesn't get the situation she's in!"

"Hey remember I said I didn't want to escape? I like it here." E H B reminded narrowing her eyes.

"Then why are you here? This table is for serious-minded adults planning to leave here."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

19K 406 29
(new story cover) DISCLAIMER : this story does not include harem in it . SUMMARY : the story of a human surviving the rising water that brought huma...
41.3K 1.6K 47
"𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴... 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴.... 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦...
143K 4.1K 91
❃Featured in Wattpad's Official Maze Runner Reading List❃ ❦ "They give you bits of hope only to rip it all away along with your heart" ❦ Despite her...
566 38 18
Athena has been in the Glade for four months, living peacefully among the rest of the otherwise all-boy group of Gladers. Every day is the same there...