Apocalypse, Steve Harrington

By steveharringtonlvr

in which lucy hopper refuses to let herself fall for the steve fucking harrington. your lips, my lips ap... More

APOCALYPSE
Vol. 1... Your Lips, My Lips
Chapter One. I Love Lucy
Chapter Two. Damn Good Babysitter
Chapter Three. Missing Kids and Shitty Mornings
Chapter Four. Baldy In Mike's Basement
Chapter Five. Pity For Jonathan Byers
Chapter Six. The Party On Tuesday
Chapter Seven. Barbara Holland
Chapter Eight. What Are You, A Stalker?
Chapter Nine. Superpowers and Their Missing Friend
Chapter Ten. The Thing With No Face
Chapter Eleven. Lost In The Woods
Chapter Thirteen. Lando
Chapter Fourteen. Pinky Promise
Chapter Fifteen. A Bad Fucking Idea
Chapter Sixteen. Defender
SWEET
Chapter Seventeen. Summer Lovin'
Chapter Eighteen. Halfway Happy
Chapter Nineteen. That Kid, From California
Chapter Twenty. Did You Know Tom Cruise Has Veneers?
Chapter Twenty-One. Caught In A Dream
Chapter Twenty-Two. Billy's Broken Nose
Chapter Twenty-Three. Looking For Dart
Chapter Twenty-Four. For Nance
Chapter Twenty-Five. Just Like Your Mother
Chapter Twenty-Six. Mama
Chapter Twenty-Seven. The Case of Their Missing Father
Chapter Twenty-Eight. Dustin's Mini-Face-Eating Monster
Chapter Twenty-Nine. Bob the Brain
Chapter Thirty. Monster Hunters
Chapter Thirty-One. Just Glad You're Safe
Chaptet Thirty-Two. Stop Flirting With My Sister
Chapter Thirty-Three. Hop Off My Dick
Chapter Thirty-Four. Bob Newby, Superhero
Chapter Thirty-Five. Just Kiss the Girl
Chapter Thirty-Six. Eleven
Chapter Thirty-Seven. Favorite Sister
Chapter Thirty-Eight. Ten Things I Hate About You
Chapter Thirty-Nine. The Ache of His Absence
Chapter Forty. Flesh and Bone
Chapter Fourty-One. Keep Us Safe
Chapter Forty-Two. Died in His Arms
Chapter Forty-Three. The Art of Eye Contact
Chapter Forty-Four. It's Always Been You
K.
Chapter Fourty-Five. Through The Eyes of A Child
Chapter Forty-Six. By The End
Chapter Forty-Seven. Summetime Sadness
Chapter Forty-Eight. Haunted
Chapter Forty-Nine. Love From Afar
Chapter Fifty. Commie Codes
Chapter Fifty-One. It's Raining, It's Pouring
Chapter Fifty-Two. Watercolor Eyes
Chapter Fifty-Three. Operation Child Endangerment
Chapter Fifty-Four. About You
Chapter Fifty-Five. Patrick Swayze and First Time Wins
Chapter Fifty-Six. It's Never Over
Chapter Fifty-Seven. Fever Dreams
Chapter Fifty-Eight. The Great Escape
Chapter Fifty-Nine. Like vs. Love
Chapter Sixty. Four Words
Chapter Sixty-One. Happy To See Me?
Chapter Sixty-Two. Wiseman

Chapter Twelve. The Alleyway Fight

10.7K 366 335
By steveharringtonlvr

TWELVE
the alleyway fight

SHE HAD JUST been there a few days ago. Standing in front of the mirror, water dripping from her hair, hazel eyes scanning the details of her body. A towel wrapped around her shoulders, bare feet pressed to the cool floor. The fluorescent lights of Steve's bathroom shone down onto her, illuminating each feature of her face. The girl in the mirror was utterly exhaustedLucy was exhausted.

    Steve mumbled something about stopping by at Nancy's, and how he had just dropped Tommy and Carol off when he saw her. She didn't really hear any of it, though— his words were muffled as she pressed her head against the cool passengers seat window.

He had given her a clean pair of clothes in exchange for an explanation on why she was alone, afraid, and covered in a disgusting substance. Steve was insistent on knowing what happened, he was pressing on the matter. All she ended up telling him was, "I got into an accident and my dad wasn't home."

So, now, standing in Steve's bathroom, she had fully processed what she had seen. It wasn't even that she was horrified of the monster— well, she was, but it was more so the knowing that that creature is what took Will and Barb. It was the kind of feeling that rooted deep in her chest. Weighing her down, twisting in her stomach.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he murmured. She sat at the edge of his bed, hands in her lap, head hung low. "I mean, you don't have to, but"

Inhaling sharply, Lucy shrugged. She continued to aimlessly pick at the skin on her thumb— the habit was impossible to let go. "I'm just scared," she said, finally.

    He exhaled, unwinding all the tension in his chest. Shaking his head, Steve spoke. "Of what?" he said, almost desperate to understand. "Luce, just— talk to me, please."

    "I can't," she said, firmly. Hands flying up to her face, she pressed the palms of her hands over her eyes. "Steve, is it okay if I stay here? I don't want to be alone."

    He didn't hesitate. "Yeah," Steve spoke, nodding. "Yeah, don't worry."

    Looking up from her lap, the girl sent him a thankful look. A small, genuine smile tugged on her lips, one that told him more than words could. She sank deeper into the mattress, watching as Steve made himself comfortable on the lounge chair across the room. A light weight had been lifted off her chest— she was relieved to know she wouldn't be spending the night alone.

    But, if there was one thing Lucy hated, it was admitting that she was scared. She couldn't control the association in her mind, the one that tied fear with weakness. The pride of being independent was too strong; she would rather wallow in her own worry than speak up. Now, though, the fear was different. It wasn't childish, like a monster under her bed— that monster was real. "Harrington," she said, avoiding eye contact. Gesturing to the empty spot beside her, she spoke. "Can you just... sleep here?"

    Brow furrowed, Steve nodded. He moved off the lounge chair and towards the bed. "Yeah, sure," he said. "It's alright."

   The room was consumed with darkness when he clicked off the lamp. She felt the bed sink when Steve sat, bedsheets rustling below her. Moving one of the pillows, almost as if to create a barrier between them, Lucy let her shoulders fall. He brought a sort of comfort, one that allowed her to let go of some of the fear she held. Moving from her back and into her side, she was facing him, now. "Steve?"

    He was already facing her, brown eyes squinted in an attempt to make out her face. "Hm?" he hummed, her girl beside him coming into view as his vision adjusted to the darkness.

    "Thank you."

      She returned home the next morning, eyes heavy with exhaustion. The trailer was still a miss, but, even worse, it was still empty. There was a note on the refrigerator, one in her fathers handwriting. It read; "At Joyce's be home soon". She ripped the paper from the magnet and crumbled it in her hand, tiredly opening the refrigerator door to grab a carton of orange juice. The phone in her room rang once the juice was in her hands— she twitched in surprise, the carton toppling from her hold and onto the tile floor.

    "Shit, shit," she mumbled, twisting the cap back onto the carton, and shooting up to answer the phone. Stepping over the trash that littered her bedroom floor, Lucy picked up the telephone when it was on its last ring. "Hello?"

"Lucy, hi," Jonathan spoke. "You, uh— you okay?"

She exhaled, the small hope that it was her father or Danny on the other side of the phone diminishing. "Hey," the girl said. "Yeah, I'm alright. What's up, Jonathan?"

    "Listen, I'm with Nancy," he said. "Do you think you could meet us at the hardware store? We have an idea."

Hesitant to answer, Lucy twisted her fingers around the phone cord. "Um, sure," the girl said, eventually. "I'll be there in ten."

She didn't really want to go— but, her friends were involved, and she wanted to be there for them more than anything. Changing out of Steve's clothes and into her own, Lucy begrudgingly head off to the center of town. It was a Saturday, and Hawkins was always buzzing on the weekends— groups of teenagers ran around, kids played at the park, working parents enjoyed their day off. Swerving her car into the hardware parking lot, she came to a stop.

    The moment she was out of the car, a red Honda pulled up besides her. "Hey, Lucy," the boy called, a smile spreading on his lips when she sent him a puzzled look. "You see Nancy's new movie?"

    "What are you talking about?" she shook her head, brow furrowed.

    He chuckled. "Why don't you see for yourself?" the boy motioned to the movie theater, moving to fist bump his friend, before stepping on the gas. Car keys looped around her fingers, Lucy took off towards the theater, her features pulled together in confusion. Then, it came into view.

     Spray painted on the movie theater sign read, "STARRING: NANCY "THE SLUT" WHEELER" in large, red letters. Lips parted in shock, Lucy felt her chest tighten when a familiar laugh rang out from the alleyway; Steve Harrington was surrounded by his friends, a smug look drawn on his face.

    She turned down the alley. "Harrington!" Lucy called, scoffing. Her face fell when she saw him— Daniel stood behind Steve, his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "You're fucking kidding me."

    A sly smile spread on Carol's lips. "Ah, look who it is," she stepped forward. "The sluts best friend. Aw."

   Lucy shot her eyes at the red head. "Watch your mouth," she gave her a narrowed, threatening look.

    "Oh, she's feisty," Tommy laughed, throwing his hands in the air, and shaking the spray paint bottle.

    Lifting her arm and motioning behind her, Lucy placed her attention back on Steve. "What the hell is this about?" she tilted her head. "Why would you do this to Nance?"

    Hands in the pockets of his windbreaker, Steve stepped closer to the girl before him. "Last night, I tried to tell you, Hop. I saw Nancy in bed with Byers," he said. "But you were too busy crying to hear me."

    She was taken aback. Her brow twitched in surprise, hazel eyes searching Steve's face for the slightest bit of compassion. "They're friends," she clenched her jaw. "Jesus, Steve, you're clueless. Stop jumping to conclusions, he was comforting her."

    "Doesn't make her any less of a sl—"

    She didn't let him finish his sentence— Lucy cut the boy off with a slap across the face. Her palms stung, and her chest was tight. Steve stumbled back slightly, eyes wide as Lucy continued to give him a dirty look. "Don't call her that."

    As if on cue, Nancy came storming down the alleyway, her fists balled at her sides in anger. Just as a red handprint from Lucy was beginning to form on his cheek, she sent another slap across his face.

    "What is wrong with you?" Nancy scolded.

    His voice broke slightly when he spoke. "What's wrong with me, what's wrong with you?" he said. "I was worried about you— I can't believe I was worried."

Scoffing, she narrowed her eyes at him. "What are you talking about?"

"I wouldn't lie, if I were you," Carol cut in, chomping one her gum. "You don't want to be known as the lying slut, now, do you?"

Jonathan had started down the alleyway, his brow pulled together in confusion. "Speak of the devil," Tommy spoke, a cat-like smile tugging on his lips. "Hi."

Her face fell in realization. Nancy pushed her hair away from her forehead. "You stopped by last night," she sighed, shaking her head.

"Ding! Ding! Ding! Does she get a prize?" Carol laughed, nuzzling into Tommy when he threw his arm around her shoulder.

    Quick to defend herself, Nancy shot her eyes between Steve and the others. "I don't know what you think you saw, but it wasn't that."

"What, you just let him in your room to... study?" Steve's eyes were glued on Jonathan, a dead expression on his face. Lucy shook her head in disbelief as he spoke, her jaw slack as Nancy fought to defend herself.

Tommy added on. "Or, for another pervy photo sesh?"

"We were just—"

He cut her off with a step forward. "Just what? Finish that sentence," Steve spoke. "Finish the sentence."

Nancy stood there, her breathing labored as she tried to figure out what to tell him without revealing the truth. The tension was thick, and Lucy was growing more anxious by the second as Steve sent a death glare her way.

"Go to hell, Nancy," he spat, walking backwards.

Jonathan cut in. "Let's just leave, Nance," he grabbed her arm, gently. They didn't get far, not when Steve decided to reinsert himself into the situation.

"You know what, Byers? I'm actually kind of impressed. I always took you for a queer, but I guess you're just a screw-up like your father," he said, pushing Jonathan in the back. "Yeah, that house is full of screw-ups, guess we shouldn't be surprised."

Lucy whipped her head around. "Steve," she warned, voice low. "Shut up."

   He continued. "I'm not even surprised what happened to your brother. I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you, but, the Byers, their family is a disgrace to the entire—"

Steve's rant was cut off when Jonathan sent a punch to his jaw, one that sent him flying backwards in pain. He turned around slowly and lunged at Jonathan, pinning the boy down against the car before throwing him on the ground.

"Steve! Steve, stop," Nancy begged, "Knock it off!"

Tommy fueled the situation. "Kick his ass, man!" he called to Steve, eyes darted between each boy as they plummeted their fists at each other.

"Beat his ass, Byers!" Lucy cupped her hands around her mouth. "Come on, get him!"

With a heavy sigh, Tommy turned towards the brunette beside him. "I don't know what I expected from little Miss Wheeler," he said, shouting over the grunts. "She learned everything about being a slut from you."

There had always had an undying hatred for Tommy Hagan. Sure, all of her brothers friends were pricks that she'd rather die than spend time with, but Tommy? There was something about his stupid, freckled face riled up all the anger in Lucy's chest. She had been wanting to something about it since he poured his drink on her at the Snowball in '79. So, reeling back her arm, Lucy landed a punch directly on Tommy Hagan's jaw.

He stumbled back, almost falling into Steve and Jonathan. With a hand on his face, the boys beady eyes shot up towards Lucy. Her chest heaved, fist still balled up. "Go fuck yourself, Tommy," she shouted, taking a step forwards him, "You"

Daniel's focus shot between the fight that was already happening, and the fight that was waiting to happen. He grabbed Lucy by the bend of her arm, yanking his sister back. "Hey, just relax!"

Standing tall, Tommy took off towards her. "Bitch," he said between his teeth, grabbing the girl by the sides of her shoulders. He tightened his fingers around her, bloody lips pulled into a thin line. "I'm gonna—

Pushing his sister out of the way, Danny grabbed the freckled boy by the collar of his shirt. "Don't touch her, Hagan," he spat, landing a punch on his already swollen jaw.

"Danny!" Lucy's watched as her brother and Tommy toppled to the ground. "Stop it!"

Jonathan turned his body over so he was on top of Steve, and when they were both up he sent another punch across his face. Pushing past Tommy and Danny so throw another hit, Steve ducked before Jonathan could make contact.

   "Jonathan, stop! You're gonna hurt him," Nancy pleaded, watching as he mercilessly pounded his fists into Steve's face, forcing him down onto the ground.

Pulling at the back of her brothers shirt, Lucy's eyes widened at Tommy's bloodied face. "You're gonna kill him, Danny!" he tugged on his collar. "Jesus, stop!"

"You're gonna hurt him!" Carol pleaded with Daniel. "Tommy!"

She was growing more stressed by the second. Hands on her head, Nancy continued to shot. "Stop," she called. "Stop it!"

"Cops, there's cops!" Lucy warned, her voice wavering as everyone began popping up and running away. Throwing Tommy against the ground one last time, Daniel wiped the sweat from his brow and took off down the alleyway.

Jonathan, who now had the complete upper hand, continued to land punch after punch on Steve's face, so much so that even Lucy was shocked by how violent he had become. Callahan stepped out of his car and attempted to grab the boy, only to receive a sharp elbow to the nose. Everyone else was long gone by the time Powell made it to the alley, leaving the two fighting boys with Nancy and Lucy.

"Jonathan, get off," Lucy said, her voice more stern, "Seriously, stop."

Powell stepped forward. "I got this one!" he yelled, pressing Jonathan's face to the car, as he handcuffed him.

Her knuckles still throbbed from the punch she landed on Tommy's face. Heart pounding, she pushed the free wisps of brown hair from her forehead. Officer Powell's eyes darted towards the girl, his brow furrowed at the sight of her.

"Go home, Lucy," he said, lifting Jonathan up, "Now."

_______________________

HI GUYS ITS BEEN LIKE 2 WEEKS?!

i seriously don't know if i've ever gone that long without writing

i wish this chapter was better since i left y'all hanging for forever but

i love you kisses

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 178 14
ᴱᡛᡉⁿ ᡐⁱˑˑⁱᡒⁿ˒ α΅’αΆ  ᡐⁱˑᡉ˒ ᡃᡖᡃʳᡗ, ᡗʰᡉ ˒ᡘⁿ α΅ƒβΏα΅ˆ ᡐᡒᡒⁿ ʷⁱˑˑ ᡃˑʷᡃʸ˒ ʳᡉᡃˑⁱᡍⁿ. Steve Harrington (Stranger things) x Fem! OC Updates every F...
64.2K 1.5K 31
Max Mayfield x fem OC season 2 - βœ… season 3 - βœ… season 4 - βœ… season 5 -
2.9K 83 18
stranger things seasons one, two, three, and four eventual steve harrington x fem! oc stranger things x two oc's ongoing - SLOW UPDATES Β© voidvaleska
40.3K 588 67
β‚ŠΛšΛ‘ΰΌ„Ψ˜ stranger things ; season one-four 𝑃enelope 𝐻opper never expected her life to go like this. One day everything was fine, the next Will Byer...