A stay-at-home Dads Retaurant

By Kshit_Dfck23

not mine.. More

791-
828
856
891
932
965
1016
1062
1105
1151
1193
1235
1281
1330
1397
1456
1506 -look for next chapter-
1670
1731
1781
1836
1556
1611
1891
1951
2001
2051
2111
2171
2278
2341
2398
245 - END

2232

37 0 0
By Kshit_Dfck23

Chapter 2232: I Object To This Marriage!

Hector and the other two were eating the grilled fish, and looked at the Sichuan spicy chicken. All they saw was a bunch of cut chilies. They felt hot by simply looking at the piping hot steam.

However, this dish looked just like its picture. They didn't see any pieces of chicken. All they saw were cut chilies.

"This can't be a plate of stir-fried chilies, right?" Hector used his chopsticks to sweep away the chilies as though they were fallen leaves and revealed the crispy yellow chicken pieces underneath.

The chicken that was cut into small pieces was fried till golden brown. The color was beautiful and they were hidden among the large amount of cut chilies.

After sweeping the chilies away, apart from the spiciness, the chicken's aroma spread and all three pairs of eyes lit up.

"This looks quite interesting. I'll taste it first." Hector already couldn't wait. He picked up a piece of chicken and popped it into his mouth.

Biting down, the skin was crispy and after biting through it, the inside was exceptionally tender and juicy. The fragrant spiciness filled his whole mouth. It was numbing but not too overly spicy. It got increasingly fragrant as he chewed. He simply couldn't stop and he picked up another piece again.

This chicken should have been deep-fried twice. The first time was done at a low temperature to cook it. The second time was done at a high temperature to give this chicken the texture of a crispy exterior and a tender interior.

Hector had only eaten chicken that was cooked with this method at a few fried chicken shops in Rodu. The usual chefs treated this method as a secret method.

And, the control of the oil temperature was of utmost importance.

Please Keep reading 0n MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

The Sichuan spicy chicken made by Mag tasted way better than the fried chicken at the shops that he had eaten at before.

Every piece of chicken was perfect. It made people marvel at it while they were eating it.

One had to know that these fried chicken restaurants were passed down for generations and their recipes were refined again and again, but they still couldn't compare to this new dish of Mag's.

It was obvious how good Boss Mag's culinary skills were.

Furthermore, this chicken had more than a layer of flavor on the outside. The inside was equally flavorful. Obviously, the chicken was marinated before to have such a balanced flavor inside and out.

The details decided whether a dish could be deemed as a delicacy, and be it the creativity or the details, this Sichuan spicy chicken was impeccable to Hector.

Hector put down his chopsticks and puffed after eating a few pieces of chicken in a row. After taking a breather, he discovered that his nose was covered with sweat.

Hector was amazed. "Awesome! This Sichuan spicy chicken is so delish!"

Now, he could confirm that Mylo wasn't lying. His words could only express 10% of Boss Mag's delicacies. Only the people who had tasted the food for themselves could experience the taste personally. Any words paled in comparison.

For example, his brain couldn't think of many words to describe this Sichuan spicy chicken now. Perhaps, he needed to sit down quietly when he got back later to reminisce on the taste before he would know how to write this article.

Of course, the most important thing now was to settle this table full of goodies, otherwise he would be letting himself down.

Mylo and Garlan ate the chicken quietly. There was no time to make a description about the food right now! They couldn't stop at all, okay!

On the other side, Vivian couldn't wait to pop the chicken into her mouth. As she chewed, her eyes got increasingly brighter. After swallowing it, she marveled, "Mmm!! This is so delicious!"

"The chicken meat is tender on the inside, yet crispy on the outside. It's similar to the beggar's chicken. There are two completely different textures in the mouth, but they have an equally amazing taste. It's spicy and delicious. It's fantastic!" Vivian popped another piece of the chicken into her mouth again. There were tears of happiness in her eyes.

That familiar sense of warmth appeared again!

A warm current flowed gently through her body and nourished her body which had already recovered.

Other than spicy grilled fish, she had a new choice!

please keep reading on MYBOXN0VEL.C0M

"Is it really so delicious?" Michael picked up a piece of chicken skeptically. He could smell the spiciness, but it wasn't very overpowering. At least, it wasn't as insane as the spicy grilled fish.

After breathing out gently, Michael popped the chicken into his mouth.

His teeth tore open the chicken and it indeed had a crispy texture. However, underneath the crispy texture was the tender meat which was juicy. After biting down, the fresh and spicy sensation exploded in his mouth!

Numb! Spicy! Fresh! Aromatic!

Michael's face was slightly flushed. He opened his mouth and fanned his face with one hand discreetly. At the same time, he had to maintain his dignity as the city lord while tears were gathering in his eyes.

"Father, isn't this super delicious!? It's so delicious that the tears are falling." Vivian looked at Michael before feeding a piece of chicken into his slightly open mouth filially.

Michael: (キ'゚Д゚ ́)!

Michael's tears flowed down gradually as he praised the chicken with a blush, "Mm, it's so scrumptious..."

Luna looked at this filial scene between the father and daughter with a smile. Suddenly, she missed home.

Eunice placed a piece of chicken into Luna's bowl with the serving chopsticks and smilingly said, "Luna try it too."

"Thank you." Luna took a bite of the chicken. She already had expected the spiciness when she saw all those chilies, so it was still within her expectations.

The chicken was perfectly cut into bite-sized pieces. The aromatic spiciness was intoxicating and mesmerizing as one chewed.

She looked toward the kitchen instinctively. She could only see a busy side profile through the crowd, but a smile appeared on her lips subconsciously.

Mr. Mag was still that innovative person who always brought amazing food to people.

Even after eating a few pieces of chicken, Vivian still couldn't stop praising him. "Boss Mag is simply too awesome. He always brings me new surprises."

Eunice smilingly said, "I think you will be the happiest if I marry you off to Boss Mag."

"Mom, can you do that?" Vivian turned to look at Eunice seriously.

"You really dare to think?" Eunice answered with an exasperated smile.

Michael, who finally suppressed the spiciness with the beer, raised his hand and seriously objected. "I object to this marriage!"

"Father, just eat your food." Vivian popped another piece of chicken into Michael's mouth.

"..." Michael.

"I'm not really interested, but our Teacher Luna..." Vivian turned her gaze onto Luna and smilingly said, "Mom, Little Amy is Luna's student. She likes Luna a lot. Do you want to help her out?"

"Vivian!" Luna pinched Vivian on her waist as she blushed immediately. She softly whispered to Eunice, "Auntie... She's saying nonsense... It's nothing..."

Eunice smilingly said, "It's fine. Auntie has been through it too. I understand. Boss Mag is really not bad. I'll help you ask him later."

Michael frowned. He wanted to remind them tactfully that this marriage wasn't a good idea. Irina was no pushover and Mag didn't have the guts too.

However, looking at Vivian, who was reaching out for her chopsticks, he closed his mouth again.

Sigh.

Boss Mag's darned attractiveness.

Chapter 2233: Finding a Scapegoat

"Boss Mag, this is my boss. He specially came to Chaos City today to talk to you."

Just as the lunch service was over and Mag was about to close the door, Garlan brought a very huge middle-aged man over.

Hector stretched out his hand with a smile. "Hello, Mr. Mag. I'm Hector."

"Hello." Mag reached out to shake his hand. After retracting his hand, he said, "There's nothing to talk about if Boss Hector is here to talk about the exclusive column, as I have already signed the contracts with the other magazine presses. This matter is already settled."

"Although it is a pity, I still respect Mr. Mag's decision." Hector nodded before saying, "But I'm not here today for that. Instead, I'm here to talk to Mr. Mag about the matter of color printing."

"Color printing?" Mag frowned. He didn't expect Hector to be the second person to come talk to him, all the way from Rodu, besides Scheer today.

"Your daughter is a drawing genius. She will definitely become a famous painter in the future." Hector took out the picture book that they had bought previously and smilingly said, "And, you, who have resolved the issues of color printing, will become a figure recorded in history."

"Oh, you're talking about that." Mag smiled before saying, "I'm afraid you have misunderstood. I have asked the Night Elves' printing factory to print the picture books for me. They are able to replicate it to such perfection. Their skills are indeed astonishing."

"Huh?"

Both Hector and Garlan were shocked. They looked at each other in befuddlement.

Please Keep reading 0n MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Perhaps, the color printing method wasn't created by Mr. Mag, but by the Night Elves instead?

This had completely exceeded their expectations.

If the other party was the Night Elves, then it would be more troublesome.

The Night Elves had become rather famous on the Norland Continent recently. Irina rebelled against the Wind Forest and set up the Night Elves. She even brought tens of thousands of the Night Elves to Chaos City.

However, they had never expected the Night Elves to set up a printing house after they got to Chaos City? And, they even resolved the problem of color printing?

Of course, if Mag had requested for the Night Elves to print the picture books, that meant this printing house would also accept other printing jobs. He could take the chance to work with the Night Elves first and seize the opportunity first.

However, they had just arrived and had no contact with the Night Elves at all. They didn't know how to get in contact with them either.

Irina was famous and with Alex as her backer, nobody dared to look down on the Night Elves now.

Hector looked up at Mag and his eyes lit up suddenly as he smilingly said, "Mr. Mag, can I bother you to introduce us to the Night Elves' personnel that are in charge of the color printing, please? Our 'Perfect Food' brand wants to upgrade. This is just a small token, please accept it."

Mag looked at the 100,000 copper coins banknote in Hector's hands, waved his hand and smilingly said, "There's no need to give me money. It's just an introduction. I'll bring you guys over, but you have to negotiate the deal yourself."

"Sure, sure, sure. Thank you so much." Hector was ecstatic and nodded repeatedly.

Mag got into their horse-drawn carriage and went straight to the textile factory at the north of the city.

He wanted to reject Hector right away, but on second thoughts, he decided to throw this hot potato to the Night Elves.

Color printing was indeed a very core technology. Its attractiveness was obvious when even Scheer was tempted and Hector came all to Chaos City.

He hated trouble and it would be really very troublesome if different people kept coming here to look for him every day and he had to reject every one of them.

Furthermore, some people would have evil thoughts when such a big interest was involved. That would be even more troublesome.

The Night Elves were a good scapegoat. After all, he also wanted to help them develop the printing business in the future and establish the first printing house on the Norland Continent that could undertake color printing.

please keep reading on MYBOXN0VEL.C0M

Moreover, the Night Elves had Irina and Alex's support. Given Alex's fame as the savior of the Norland Continent, no one would dare to have ideas.

They had the core technology and powerful backers. They were obviously a powerful party.

Speaking of which, he was still borrowing his own reputation, so he felt no guilt at all for making them the scapegoat.

The Night Elves were his people, so it was easy to create a lie.

Hector sat across from Mag and gingerly asked, "Mr. Mag, is there anything we should be aware of in regards to the Night Elves? Was it smooth when you negotiated your deal with them?"

Mag saw the sweat on Hector's nose and he could see how nervous Hector was now. He couldn't help feeling amused, but he still said with a calm expression, "It was quite smooth when I approached them. We signed a contract just after I made a simple request. I wonder if it's because of my face?"

Hector's face twitched, but he still smilingly said, "Mr. Mag's handsome face is indeed a plus point."

"I thought so too." Mag nodded.

"..." Hector.

Although he felt rather speechless inwardly about Mag's nassicism, Hector began to feel more confident.

This meant that the Night Elves' printing house should have sufficient capacity and they didn't have any good long-term customers.

A customer like Mag, who simply wanted to print picture books for his daughter, was not stable. Meanwhile, their 'Perfect Food' had hundreds of thousands of claimed circulation every month. It was a huge business as long as they could agree on it.

The horse-drawn carriage stopped at the textile factory's gates. Mag got out and said to Hector, "Please wait here while I go get someone for you."

Hector quickly cupped his hands and said, "Thank you, Mr. Mag."

Mag waved his hand and strode to the textile factory. The elves at the gates even greeted Mag with familiarity.

"Seems like Mr. Mag is indeed a regular here." Hector put down the curtains and felt more relieved.

Mag went into the textile factory and went straight for Irina's office.

Irina was in the midst of listening to Ashley's report on the slimming drug. After she heard the report, she said to Ashley, "The effect is ample, but we still have to test if it will be popular. Make a batch first and ask a group of intentional customers to test it out before we refine and improve it."

"Certainly." Ashley took the vial of medicine on the table and left.

"Hello, Mr. Mag." Ashley greeted Mag, who was standing at the door.

"Hello, Miss Ashley." Mag nodded slightly. His gaze landed on the blue medicinal vial in her hands and he smilingly said, "Is this the slimming drug that you guys spoke about previously?"

"Yes. This is the finished product." Ashley nodded.

"May I take a look at it?" Mag asked curiously.

Ashley passed the medicinal vial to Mag immediately.

Mag pulled open the cork and smelled it. It had an intense fragrance of grass. It wasn't pungent, but neither was it appetizing, either.

Chapter 2234: Limited Output

There were already more than 40,000 people in the Night Elves and the numbers of elves joining the Night Elves had been steadily increasing since they moved from the Wind Forest to Chaos City.

The textile factory was huge and there was no need to worry about the sales. However, due to the efficiency of the steam textile machines, only 10,000 or so elves were employed.

Of course, based on the current operating status of the textile factory, it could already sustain the Night Elves' daily expenses.

However, it simply wasn't enough to be able to sustain all their expenses and create profit. As the supreme leader, Irina gave the highest order of "creating more revenue to achieve moderate prosperity!" and encouraged the Night Elves to develop in all areas.

Mag happened to overhear Ashley and Irina discussing this slimming drug when he was here previously.

Rather than saying that it was a slimming drug, it was, in fact, a traditional elven herbal formula that increased the bowel movements. It did indeed have the effect of lowering body fat and its side effects were extremely minimal. Even little elves would drink a glass every day to keep their bowel movements smooth.

Irina and her elves decided to improve this formula, turn it into a slimming drug and sell it.

Mag admired Irina's foresight in this area. When it comes to the spending chain of contempt, women took the throne without any doubt.

Be it for wear, use, eat or play, women had the greatest purchasing power.

And on the topic of beautifying themselves, women were willing to pay more money and spend time. This could be seen with the sales of the tofu pudding.

Please Keep reading 0n MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

One could foresee the women's enthusuiasm when a slimming drug that allowed you to slim down without exercising, completely different from those lousy drugs that only reduced your water content by giving you loose stools, and almost had no side effects, was launched.

However, Mag frowned when he smelled the potion.

Women were willing to accept this flaw in order to become prettier.

However, if they wanted to turn it into a nationwide popular health drink, they couldn't just focus on the women's slimming needs.

Mag used the dropper to pick up a few drops of green liquid. He tilted his head back and dripped the liquid into his mouth.

The taste of grass was intense with a bitter aftertaste. Moreover, it even had some sediments which made the texture very rough.

"I don't know about the effects yet, but I suggest you guys make some improvements on the taste and texture first." Mag closed the medicinal vial as he said to Ashley, "You can make the filter denser or blend the sediments finer. At least, don't let the customers feel the grains in the sediments.

"The taste isn't really friendly to normal people. You elves can accept the taste of the grass easier than others, but it's rather pungent to normal humans. Furthermore, it's slightly bitter. You can improve its taste with fruit acids and sweeteners."

Ashley took out a small booklet and quickly took down the notes. After pondering for a moment, she asked, "If we are going to use fruit acids, what fruit is suitable? it's hard to find fresh fruits in Chaos City in the current season."

"Lemon, orange, apple... You guys can try out all kinds of fruits. It actually isn't hard to find fresh fruits. The snow in Chaos City hasn't melted yet, but the Demon Islands are warm all year long. Given your current conditions, it isn't hard for you guys to disguise yourself and make a trip to the Demon Islands." Mag smilingly said, "We have to have global awareness when we're doing business."

Ashley's eyes lit up and she nodded with a smile. "Yes. Thank you for your guidance, Mr. Mag."

"Don't mention it. I happened to have something to discuss with you and Princess Irina. Let's talk inside," Mag replied.

"Sure." Ashley put away the little booklet and took the medicinal vial, before following Mag back into the office.

Mag told them about his plan to create a Night Elves' printing house. If they could use color printing on a large scale, it would be a huge industry. His words made Irina and Ashley excited.

"Because I'm worried others will be targeting this technology, I intend to declare to the outside world that this technique is controlled by the Night Elves. Many more people will come looking for you guys for collaborations soon.

"However, our output is limited currently. We can only produce a certain number of exquisite picture books, so we'll reject all those requests for collaboration with the excuse of limited output. We can keep the clients' information and we'll cooperate with them once our output has expanded," Mag said.

"Alright." Ashley nodded and noted his suggestion down.

please keep reading on MYBOXN0VEL.C0M

Mag said with a smile, "There's a client outside right now. He's the boss of 'Perfect Food'. He wants to seek cooperation, so you will answer him with that excuse. I brought him here."

"I shall reject a client brought by you?" Ashley was a little surprised.

"He just wants to use us as the scapegoat." Irina pursed her lips, as she had seen through Mag's thoughts.

Ashley was thoughtful, but she wasn't annoyed.

Mr. Mag was the Night Elves' most important partner. Be it helping them get out of the lockdown, or helping them out after they arrived at Chaos City and getting them settled in Chaos City, these things were all enough to let the Night Elves treat him as a VIP.

Now, he was even handing such an important industry to them with such trust and care. She naturally wouldn't reject helping him with such a small issue.

***

Hector received the invitation to come into the factory and it was the person-in-charge of the printing house, Miss Ashley, a beautiful and demure elf who received him.

However, after he said his request to collaborate, the other party declined his request with the excuse of insufficient output.

"How was it, Boss?" Garlan asked softly after he saw that Hector went in swiftly and came out shortly.

"It didn't work out." Hector shook his head. He looked at the vintage-looking building and sighed. "They said their output is currently insufficient and that they can only print the picture books for now, but that they will work with us after the output increases."

"So, it means that... the output is all taken up by Boss Mag." Garlan was slightly shocked but he still consoled him. "It's still not too bad. At least the other party promised to work with us after the output increases. It's considered a head start too."

Hector nodded. He could only console himself like this.

Mag walked out from the gates and Hector quickly lifted the curtains and said, "Mr. Mag, let me send you back."

"Thank you very much." Mag didn't decline. He stepped into the warm carriage. He couldn't be bothered to hail a carriage back on such a cold day.

Mag sat across from Hector and smilingly asked, "How is it? Did you succeed?"

Hector chuckled and replied, "Thanks to Mr. Mag, we are 50% successful. We can collaborate once the output has increased."

"That's quite good. I heard that their output is indeed not big. They can only print 1,000 picture books a day." Mag nodded.

"Yes. It's all thanks to Mr. Mag's introduction." Hector buttered Mag up again. Mag could occupy the entire color printing output alone and he even failed to steal some output away from him after promising to pay more. It was obvious that Mag had a great relationship with the Night Elves. He was someone worth knowing.

Hector buttered up Mag all the way and he tried to get some information about the color printing from Mag too.

Mag enjoyed the sucking up, but he made excuses regarding all the information about color printing. Anyway, he had already found a scapegoat, so he simply said he knew nothing.

"This is a small token for the children to buy sweets. Please accept it, Mr. Mag." Hector took out the previous banknote and placed it in Mag's hands.

Mag flicked a glance at him. He thought, let's take it as the additional royalties for the magazine's million copies sales. So, he accepted it without any guilt.

Chapter 2235: I Will Work Hard In the Future!

Mag went over to the ice cream shop and told Gina privately about Lantisde's current situation.

Upon hearing that Lantisde had successfully assimilated into the Underground City, Gina could not hide her joy. However, when she found out that she could no longer meet them, she could not hide the disappointment in her eyes.

"Don't worry, Gina. This is only temporary. When Lantisde has gained a stable foothold in the Underground City, they will have more of a say and by then, you will probably be able to meet them again." Mag patted her shoulder gently.

"Mm." Gina nodded lightly and smiled again. "It's alright. I chose to stay. I am reassured hearing that they are all fine."

Mag could not help but pity Gina, seeing her smile, he said, "I'll ask them again after some time and see if we can enter the Underground City through other means. If we can, I'll bring you along."

"Alright." Although Gina did not think Mag could find a way to enter the Underground City, she still had inexplicable confidence in him.

"Oh, right, Boss, I would like to return to Lantisde for the next few days." Gina took out the crystal ball that Dexter gave her. Within the crystal ball, there was a blue glow. "Something abnormal is going on with the Magical Pearl of the Sea. The High Priest once said that this might be related to the traces of the God of the Sea. I want to go back to take a look."

Mag knew she was referring to the sea trench where Lantisde was at. He glanced at the crystal ball and said with a nod, "I'll accompany you there in a couple of days' time. I'll be worried if you go alone."

"Alright." Gina nodded obediently. She felt all warm inside.

"However, what is this legend of the God of the Sea? Is he Lantisde's god?" Mag asked curiously.

Please Keep reading 0n MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Yes. After Lantisde sank into the sea, we prayed to the God of the Sea and formed a relationship with it so that it would protect Lantisde. In the past thousands of years, the God of the Sea..." Gina nodded and told Mag about the legend of the God of the Sea.

There wasn't much difference between the gods that the various races believed in. The relationship between the God of the Sea and Lantisde was very obscure. One of the mediums was the Magical Pearl of the Sea. There would occasionally be abnormal phenomena happening and that would be seen as the will of the God of the Sea, which would be interpreted by the High Priest.

This made Mag doubt the existence of the God of the Sea.

The existence of the Underground City had already crushed all his thoughts and beliefs previously.

The so-called gods above the 10th-tier existed in the Underground City and they were called the Extraordinaires.

The Elder Things migrated to the Underground World precisely because they were unable to become gods on the Norland Continent. If what the various races believed in were gods, where were they?

The Extraordinaires were just like any other person but the gods were just coming up with such obscure things?

That was very strange indeed.

The various races did not even have very specific documentation of these gods. Even Irina, a princess who had grown up in the core power of the Wind Forest, had not been in contact with any so-called god.

Therefore, Mag was rather interested in this so-called abnormal movement of the God of the Sea. He wanted to see if it was a natural phenomenon that was turned into a mythicized or if someone was doing something funny.

Of course, the most important reason he wanted to make a trip to the Boundless Sea Realm was that he wanted to have some seafood.

Moreover, it had been a very long time since the restaurant employees went out on a team outing. The ladies could bring along their beautiful swimsuits and take a dip in the sea and relax. Hehe... that's a pretty good idea.

In the evening, Miya came to the restaurant early.

"Miya, why are you here so early today?" Mag saw that Miya seemed rather troubled, so he let her in first.

"Boss, I..." Miya walked in, stopped, and looked up at Mag. She pressed her lips together and said hesitantly, "I am a little worried for Elizabeth."

"Don't worry. Everyone said that she was fine and safe. She might even be back at Dragon Island already," Mag said with a smile. He heard Irina say yesterday that Lance had returned to the Frost Dragon Island and had taken the Frost Throne back. Elizabeth returned with him.

However, they had yet to come for Miya. They might have other plans, so it was not appropriate for him to reveal too much.

please keep reading on MYBOXN0VEL.C0M

"But..." Miya was still worried. She took out a delicate money pouch and asked Mag, "Do you know ways that I can contact her? Do you need money for that? I have a few months' worth of salary here."

Mag thought for a while and said, "I'll ask around for you. I have a friend who happens to be in this field. I'll let you know again in a couple of days."

Miya's eyes lit up and she said delightedly, "Alright! Thank you so much, Boss!"

"Here, this money is for you." Miya put her money pouch in Mag's hand.

"I don't need money to ask my friend. Keep this money for yourself. It's the hard-earned money you earned." Mag smiled and pushed the money back to Miya.

Miya looked at Mag. She held the money pouch out for a while before taking it back. After that, she gave Mag a big hug. She let him go and took two steps back, saying seriously, "Boss, I will work hard in the future!"

"It's fine now. If you work even harder, there would be nothing for others to do." Mag stroked her head with a smile, thinking that Rankster and Elizabeth would probably come looking for her in a couple of days. He wondered if Miya would choose to return to the Frost Dragon tribe to be a princess or if she would stay here.

Although he did have some selfish thoughts, Mag would still respect Miya's decision. This little girl had been through too much suffering. Her father was completely absent and her mother passed away early. She had been roaming the streets as a half-dragon.

Rankster really owed her too much and would probably want to make it up to her.

With his current power and status, it would not be difficult to provide her with a comfortable life.

Besides, with Elizabeth around, even if she was to return to Frost Dragon Island, she would not be lonely.

"I wonder if Big Sister Elizabeth found her father," Miya mumbled softly, a little worried and a little expectant.

Mag nodded slightly and said, "Perhaps. She looked so hard she probably found him."

"It would be great if she found him," Miya said with a smile.

"How is the ice cream shop doing recently? Can you cope?" Mag changed the topic.

"It is rather busy. The children have not started school yet, so many parents bring their children to the ice cream shop to play. That way, they would not be lonely." Miya nodded and said with a smile, "But Gina is probably the busiest. She's the only one who could handle the naughtiest children and crybabies."

Mag smiled upon hearing that. Gina's talent in that was indeed admirable.

"Right, during the period when you were out, a missionary had been coming to Mamy Restaurant often to wait. He said he was looking for Little Amy but did not say what it was about. Sometimes, he would just sit at the door for the entire afternoon. However, he hasn't been coming this week. I almost forgot about it," Miya said suddenly.

Chapter 2236: Amy's Mighty Kick!

"A missionary from the church?" Mag was surprised.

Ever since he saw the pope in Rodu, they had not been in contact with anyone from the church.

However, according to what Miya said, someone from the church even came over to Chaos City to look for them?

"He didn't come these few days, so it probably isn't anything urgent," Mag said.

Amy's pair of invisible wings were given by the pope. That fellow wanted to get Amy to become a holy maiden but Mag would not want Amy to leave home to become a holy maiden at such a young age. It would be a big no even if the pope himself asked.

There's nothing good about a Holy See that was on a decline.

"I heard from Angela that the Holy See in the Roth Empire is very impressive. Even the coronation of the king of the Roth Empire was done by the pope," Miya said curiously.

"That's just a ceremony. The pope is not that impressive," Mag said with a smile. However, a thought did flash past his mind.

The Holy See did have a very unique status in the Roth Empire. During the racial war, the Holy See was very respected. Through the Holy See's meeting, the pope could crown anyone to be the leader of the country, which was the so-called divine rights of kings.

1

However, after the racial war ended, the Roth Empire was formed. The country started gathering those loyal to the king and the Holy See's existence and power were continually weakened by the succeeding kings. Now, it was just like a mascot that would only appear during important events.

Please Keep reading 0n MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

The Holy See, which once saw the humans out of a dark era, was only left with their impressive appearance.

However, according to procedures, the divine rights of kings still existed and the pope still had the power to coronate the king in name.

This was the interesting part.

"Why don't I find the old fellow for a chat when I have the time later?" Mag thought to himself. The best way to bring down Andre's rule would naturally be from the inside.

"Are you preparing for opening at night? Is there anything I can help with?" Miya asked Mag, who was spacing out.

"You can sit over there and play with Ugly Duckling. Leave the kitchen to me." Mag pointed to Ugly Duckling, who was laying on the counter and said, "It's getting too fat recently. Let it move around more. There are cat toys under the counter."

"Alright." Yabemiya walked over to the counter with a smile. She pulled out a thin cat wand toy, with a furry gray squirrel hung on one end, from under the counter. The squirrel had a long tail and a little bell tied to it. Miya called out to Ugly Duckling, "Ugly Duckling, come, let's play."

Ugly Duckling glanced at Miya disinterestedly and looked away as it closed its eyes.

Stupid half-dragon. Do you think I'll play with you?

Ding!

The bell rang.

Ugly Duckling's folded ears pricked right up. Its long eyelashes fluttered but it still could not resist the urge.

"Get up."

Miya swayed the cat wand toy before Ugly Duckling. The little squirrel's tail grazed past Ugly Duckling's nose.

Ugly Duckling opened its eyes immediately and smacked right at the little squirrel.

Miya reacted quickly, lifting her wrist up gently. The cat wand toy bent into an arch and the little squirrel grazed past Ugly Duckling's paws and was flung into the air.

Ugly Duckling changed its laying position quickly and used all its strength from its four limbs to pounce at the little squirrel.

please keep reading on MYBOXN0VEL.C0M

Miya turned her wrist and the cat wand toy turned downwards quickly. The little squirrel slipped through Ugly Duckling's paws and landed on the floor, grazing past its face.

Ugly Duckling's eyes widened immediately. It had already leaped off the counter and onto the ground.

Luckily, it was thick enough and when it fell onto the ground, it even rebounded a little. After that, it rolled two times forward before coming to a stop.

"Hehehe... Ugly Duckling, you're so stupid." Miya could not stop laughing.

Ugly Duckling lay belly up, on the floor helplessly. My glorious lifetime is ruined in the hands of this woman.

Ding ding ding~

The bell rang once again. Although it was very much against it, Ugly Duckling's body still reacted very honestly to give chase to that little squirrel.

"Don't run! Stop! You stupid mouse!"

Mag watched Miya tease Ugly Duckling and smiled.

This little thing was definitely no ordinary species. It even dared to growl at Ah Zi and in just a few months, it had reached a weight of 10 kilos. It was only a matter of time before its bed would collapse under its weight.

"Tsk tsk, is Ugly Duckling working hard to lose weight today?" Amy walked in and happened to see Ugly Duckling running around the place.

Upon hearing Amy's voice, Ugly Duckling, who was concentrating on chasing the little squirrel, lost its footing and fell straight from the beam.

Luckily, Amy reacted fast enough and kicked it to the wall, so that it would not fall onto the ground.

1

"Its skin is getting very bouncy." Miya caught Ugly Duckling, who rebounded from the wall and rubbed its chubby face.

Ugly Duckling: "...?"

Amy hung her bag on the hanger behind the counter and told Ugly Duckling, "If you grow any fatter, I'll send you to the school's soccer team, so they won't have to keep picking up balls."

Ugly Duckling: ""༼0o0;༽ノ!

"If you don't want to become a soccer ball, you better run 10 rounds around the restaurant before dinner." Amy took Ugly Duckling down from Miya's arms and placed it on the floor. After that, she touched its fat paws and said, "Look, your legs are gone. I even wanted to ride around on you in the future. Do you want to roll around everywhere?"

Ugly Duckling raised its short legs in protest.

"Too short means they're gone!"

Ugly Duckling looked at Amy's legs.

Amy gave it a mighty kick!

Swoosh!

Ugly Duckling started sprinting around the restaurant and became an orange whirl of wind. Its speed was amazing.

"Good, run another 20 rounds." Amy praised.

The running whirlwind skidded and banged its head against the wall. After a while, it started running again.

Mag watched on with a smile. Ugly Duckling was Amy's pet, so he would not interfere with how she would like to teach it.

Besides, it was just as Amy said. As a magic beast, Ugly Duckling was too lazy and was lacking in training. If it continued to grow fatter, going out of the door would be a problem, much less being on the battlefield in the future.

One had to know that a beastmaster would usually train magic beasts from when they were young. The beastlings would have to undergo different battle training, taming, and other horrible sufferings.

Making Ugly Duckling run tens of rounds around the restaurant was really very kind.

"Father, I heard Jessica say that in a week, she would be going to Hope Primary School," Amy told Mag, who was grinding soybeans as she walked to the kitchen door.

"Teacher Luna's Hope Primary School has accepted several children for the coming semester but has the date and time for school reopening been set?" Mag asked with a smile.

"Yes," Amy said with a nod, "I would like to buy Jessica a school reopening present. Can I give her a school bag? I would like to make one myself."

Chapter 2237: Mastery In Tailoring Obtained!

"You want to make it yourself?" Mag looked at Amy in surprise, wondering if it was that unnamed System of hers that gave her a new mission.

The little one had completely no experience in hands-on work. She did not even know how to thread a needle. How would she be able to make a school bag for Jessica?

Amy nodded and said confidently, "Mm. I think a school bag looks rather simple to make. I should be able to learn it easily."

Mag also believed that she could learn things easily. It was also a good chance for the little one to train by cultivating some handicraft abilities that she was interested in.

"Let me find you a tutorial that you can follow." Mag walked out of the kitchen. He took the tablet and found a simpler cloth school bag tutorial for Amy.

After that, he went upstairs and found a thick, pink, waterproof cloth for Amy. That would be more than enough to make a school bag.

"Thank you, Father!" Amy carried the tablet and watched seriously behind the counter. She held a pair of large scissors in one hand as she copied what she saw in the video.

Mag watched as Amy cut out a crooked line on the cloth seriously. His eyelids twitched and he turned to walk back into the kitchen.

Indeed, she could learn things easily but not necessarily do them well...

So be it. In any case, her System would be the one who was anxious if she was unable to complete the mission. As her father, all Mag needed to do was to provide sufficient materials.

Please Keep reading 0n MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

After 10 minutes, Amy looked at the piece of cloth that appeared as though a rat had chewed it. She blinked and then looked at the perfect square cloth in the teacher's hands in the video. She nodded with satisfaction and said, "The one I cut out looks nicer indeed."

Yabemiya and Annie, who were watching from the side, were holding back their laughter.

"Actually, I purposely cut it like this so that it would look wavy," Amy explained.

Annie took a pencil from the side and drew a wavy line on the cloth that Amy had cut out. After that, she pointed at it, motioning Amy to cut along the line.

"I'll give it a try." Amy picked up the scissors again and cut along the line Annie drew. In no time at all, the cloth with a simple wavy edge appeared.

"Now it looks so much neater," Miya complimented.

"Thank you, Big Sister Annie." Annie looked at the cloth in her hands happily. The next step: sewing!

Firstly, she would need a needle and a strong thread. Mag had already prepared all these things for her.

After quite a while, Amy managed to thread the needle. After that, she copied the teacher in the video and started sewing.

However, after just a few stitches, Annie stopped her. She loosened the thread to spread the cloth out again. After that, she used a pencil to draw small dots on the edge of the cloth, which were equal distance apart and motioned for Amy to sew along the dots.

"Wow, this is so much more convenient. I won't have to worry about it being crooked." Amy's eyes lit up and she looked at Annie with admiration. "You're so smart."

Annie smiled. She stood at the side and watched Amy sew with interest, and would help Amy detangle her thread from time to time.

Under Annie's watch, Amy made a simple little schoolbag in about half an hour.

The stiff, waterproof cloth gave the bag a shape. The pink little school bag even had wavy edges. If one were to overlook the ends of the thread, the bag actually looked rather well-done.

Any used her shoulders as a gauge and added two straps to the bag. After that, she tried carrying the bag. It looked pretty good.

"Mm. It's rather pretty. Our Amy baby knows how to make a bag," Mag said with a smile when he poked his head out from the kitchen and saw the bag on Amy's shoulders.

The little one actually succeeded on her first try and that took him by surprise.

please keep reading on MYBOXN0VEL.C0M

Amy smiled proudly and said, "Hehe, I said I'm good."

After turning one round with the bag on her shoulders, Amy put the school bag down and looked at the empty cloth at the back. She could not help but wonder, "It seems to lack something."

"I'll draw something on it for you?" Annie signed.

Amy's eyes lit up but she quickly shook her head. "No, I have to do it on my own."

Annie thought for a while and signed, "In that case, I'll draw it on a cloth for you and you can cut it out and sew it on. That way, you made it on your own."

"Alright, alright! Big Sister Annie, you're so smart." Annie nodded.

Annie thought for a while and drew the back view of two young ladies holding hands on a piece of white cloth. After that, she added a round orange by the side.

"It's me and Jessica!" Amy exclaimed. She looked at the round orange and said, "Can you leave Ugly Duckling out? It looks a little ugly."

"Ugly Duckling: "Meow meow?"

"It's very cute." Annie reached her hand out and caressed Ugly Duckling's head.

"Meow~" Ugly Duckling closed its eyes and used its head to caress Annie's hand. Favorability +1.

"Alright, I'll keep itt." Amy took the scissors and started cutting the silhouettes out. After that, she sewed them on the bag.

The empty space looked lively now that the two girls and Ugly Duckling were added to it, making the bag look much cuter.

"It looks good! Jessica will definitely love it!" Amy said happily as she carried the bag.

"Congratulations on completing your mission to make your own school bag. You have gained the title of 'novice tailor' and obtained mastery in tailoring!" The System's voice rang in Amy's head.

"Mastery in tailoring obtained? What is that?" Amy asked with a tilt of her head.

"After absorbing the experience bag, you will gain the life experience of a professional tailor. You would be able to perfectly replicate any complicated clothing designs. That is the mastery in tailoring," the System replied.

"Doesn't sound like much. I don't want to be a tailor." Amy was disinterested.

"..." Life Experience System.

This batch of hosts is difficult indeed!

What a prized skill that could make one climb all the way to the top in an industry!

She actually said... doesn't sound like much?

However, it did make some sense.

For those who did not wish to become tailors, this skill did seem rather useless...

"Little mistress, don't you want to become an excellent fashion designer? Don't you want to be a well-respected tailor? The chance is right in front of you right now. All you need to do is pick up a pair of scissors and you can be a god in the tailoring world!" The System tried to encourage Amy.

"No, I do not." Amy rejected it outrightly.

However, she did pick up that pair of scissors and cut out an exquisite little flower casually using two pieces of cloth and stuck it on Ugly Duckling's head. After that, she smiled happily.

"What a beautiful flower." Annie looked at the flower, and then at Amy, in shock. How could she cut out such an exquisite little flower without any guidelines after just a short amount of time?

Chapter 2238: I've Gained an Epiphany!

"I've gained an epiphany." Amy looked at Annie and nodded as she said, "Now, I know how to cut out pretty bags and clothes."

"Clothes too?" Annie pointed at her clothes in shock.

"Mm." Amy nodded. She looked around and her gaze landed on Ugly Duckling. She smiled.

Ugly Duckling cowered in Annie's embrace with a bad feeling.

"I'll make Ugly Duckling something to wear. Everyone is wearing clothes and it's the only one that is naked. Shameful." Amy started looking for suitable cloth among the materials.

1

Ugly Duckling reached its fat paws out to indicate that it had a natural fur coat.

However, Amy ignored it.

"I'll make something pink. Maybe it'll make it look cuter." Amy picked up the leftover pink cloth and held it against Ugly Duckling. After a while, she started cutting the cloth up.

Miya, who was just watching the show from the side, started to open her mouth wider. Amy, who could not even cut a straight line before, was now cutting out symmetrical curves which were even more accurate than the lines Annie drew for her just now.

The cloth was quickly cut into shape. Annie and Miya were both shocked by her skills and her look of ease.

Please Keep reading 0n MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

After cutting the cloth up, Amy picked up the needle and thread at the side and started sewing.

This time, she no longer had running thread ends. The stitches were even and close, and on top of that, they were hidden perfectly in the garment.

"Most tailors won't be able to obtain this level of mastery. How did Amy baby suddenly learn all that?" Miya exclaimed. She was someone who could barely patch her clothes properly.

Upon hearing that, Mag walked out of the kitchen. He watched as Amy stitched the cloth together and raised an eyebrow. It looked like the System's reward had been credited. It was probably related to tailoring.

Mm. It did look quite good but this was a rather useless reward.

Who would have so many clothes at home to tailor?

One would have to go out and spend money on clothes to experience the charm of money. Women had many sources of joy and if she were to make her own clothes, wouldn't she be removing one of the biggest joys?

Very quickly, Amy was done making a new raincoat for Ugly Duckling.

"Ugly Duckling, come and try your new raincoat." Amy beckoned Ugly Duckling over.

Ugly Duckling glanced at the pink raincoat in Amy's hands and was a little resistant. However, it still crawled out of Annie's embrace obediently and leaped over to Amy.

Amy carried it over and put the raincoat over it.

The cloth was a little stiff and water-resistant so Amy designed it to be a raincoat.

The raincoat around the waist area was cinched in and so were the areas around the four legs so that the raincoat would not drag on the ground. After its fur coat was contained by the raincoat, Ugly Duckling appeared much smaller.

A hood was also designed for Ugly Duckling's head and there were even two small ears added to the hood, which fitted its ears perfectly.

The pink color, paired up with Ugly Duckling's round face and large eyes, made it look very cute.

"Good girl." Miya pinched Ugly Duckling's fat face and said with a smile, "Now, you've become Little Sister Ugly Duckling."

Annie looked at Ugly Duckling in admiration and stuck out her thumb at Amy, saying, "Looks good."

please keep reading on MYBOXN0VEL.C0M

"Amy baby is very impressive. You can even make clothes now. I can't even thread a needle," Firis exclaimed as she peeked out of the kitchen.

"Yeah. Your skills are better than our family's tailor." Babla looked at Ugly Duckling in surprise. It was her favorite color, pink. After that, she looked at Amy and said with a smile, "Amy baby, why don't you make me a dress? I'll give you some sweets."

"What sweets?" Amy's eyes lit up upon hearing about food.

"It's the moon sweet that is only found on the moon. I got them to bring some for me the next time they drop by. It's soft and sweet. Very delicious." Babla highly recommended them.

"Alright, alright. I want to try the moon sweet." Amy swallowed her saliva. She looked at Babla and said, "In that case, Big Sister Babla, what kind of dress would you like?"

"I want..." Babla was stumped. She wanted a pretty dress but this was obviously not the answer Amy was looking for. She looked around and asked Annie, "Annie Baby, can you design a beautiful little dress for me? I'll get them to bring a coloring book from the moon next time. There are many impressive artists in Moon Nation."

Annie looked interested and after thinking for a while, she agreed.

"Good." Babla smiled. Annie could draw beautiful clothes. She's a reliable person to depend on for designing.

While the others exclaimed, they were not in a hurry to pre order their clothes. After all, Amy could not even hold the scissors properly previously. The leap from that to a master in tailoring was rather big.

Amy admired her work for a while and removed the raincoat for Ugly Duckling.

This material was rather stiff and would be suitable to wear for show but not comfortable to wear on a day-to-day basis.

She would go upstairs to search a little for a more comfortable material to make a new shirt for Ugly Duckling.

"Tailoring seemed rather fun." Amy felt a huge sense of accomplishment after receiving praises from everyone. She was no longer that resistant to being a tailor.

Of course, the most important thing was that she could tailor clothes in exchange for food.

1

***

"Young Mistress, the factory production right now can be expanded. We could perhaps consider opening a branch. This is the report for Rodu, Demon Islands, and Dragon Island." Mars placed a thick stack of information on Gloria's table.

Gloria did not look over the information immediately. Instead, she looked at Mars and said, "Which area is the best to open our first branch?"

"According to the report, Rodu should be the best because there are the most nobility in Rodu that have high purchasing power. On top of that, humans have a more consistent figure so it would be easier to control our clothes' sizing. This would largely reduce our cost for materials compared to the other races that differ greatly in size. This is also something we learned through experience in Blue Suede," Mars replied.

"It aligns with my thinking. If we were to open a new shop in Rodu, we can use the same batch of products as Blue Suede." Gloria nodded. She looked at Mars and said, "I need someone with capabilities to open up a new market in Rodu. Mars, I might need you to go there."

Mars was rather surprised. He said, "Young Mistress, I am more willing to stay by your side to help you."

"You know it too. I don't have many people around me that I trust. Cyril and Grandmother are back and have been kicking up a fuss recently. I need better results to shut their mouths," Gloria said.

"Thank you for your trust." Mars bowed. After that, he stood up straight and said, "I am willing to go to Rodu on your behalf to open up a new market."

Chapter 2239: I'm Afraid I Can't Handle

Hector returned to Rodu on the same day. Although the delicacies in Mamy Restaurant were difficult to part with, there were many more important things waiting for him to settle in Rodu.

Garlan went back together with Hector. As the Chaos City representative for 'Perfect Food', after staying in Chaos City for a month, there was already a heap of work waiting for him to do and he also had to return to Rodu to plan for the next issue.

Other gourmet columns would get Mag's writing, 10 in total. Whoever could do it well would be able to benefit more.

Meanwhile, Mylo abided by orders to stand guard at Chaos City. His job was to eat at Mamy Restaurant every day and at the same time, take note of news from the printing house. At the same time, he would have to submit three articles on Mamy Restaurant's delicacies every month.

His workload had tripled but he gladly accepted it for the 3000-copper-coins-meal every day.

Although Boss Mag had personally penned his columns, the readers were not satisfied with that short piece. Mylo loved the life of being able to enjoy delicacies and ride on Boss Mag's popularity!

"Mylo, I heard that 'Perfect Food' is relying on Boss Mag to make an epic comeback." Randy, who was queuing diagonally behind Mylo, greeted him with a smile.

"Yeah. We broke the million sales record." Mylo turned back with a smile. He appeared rather proud and just as he was about to add on with something else to continue boasting, he saw the young lady standing beside Randy, dressed in an elegant maxi dress. She looked mature, charming, and sexy. Suddenly, Mylo was not that happy anymore.

"Boss Mag is a talent indeed. If he were to change professions, you would lose your job," Randy said with a smile as he put his arm around the young lady's soft and slender waist.

Yes, he was referring to them.

Please Keep reading 0n MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Randy was no longer relying on his writing for a living.

He was living off a high-class woman.

"It's alright. Although Boss Mag always comes out with good food, there is a limited supply so there's no problem making a living off it," Mylo said.

Why were the rich women he heard about big, thick, unglamorous women with odd fetishes but the evidence clearly completely different for Randy?

"Betty, This is the food critic, Mylo, I mentioned to you. He is quite popular in the industry, almost like me, your husband," Randy introduced to the rich woman in his embrace.

"Hi, Mr. Mylo." Betty nodded at Mylo.

"Hello," Mylo quickly greeted back, wondering why Randy started introducing the rich woman to him all of a sudden.

"Betty, didn't you say a couple of days ago that you have a close friend that is feeling rather down and doesn't have an appetite? Why don't we introduce her to Mylo while he's in Chaos City? He is a professional when it comes to food," Randy said with a smile.

"Hm?" Mylo was stunned. He looked at Randy. What's going on?

Randy winked at him and gave him the you-know-it look.

Betty sized Mylo up and appeared rather hesitant. She whispered to Randy, "Tryphaena likes handsome young lads. Your friend... might not be her type."

"One would get tired of handsome young lads. Look, didn't she get her heart broken because of a handsome young lad? Why don't we let her have a change of taste? Perhaps what she needs is the warm embrace of someone meatier," Randy said with a smile. While he spoke, he even breathed gently in her ear.

Betty's ears were red. When Randy breathed in her ear, she laughed and nodded, saying, "Where do you stay, Mr. Mylo? I have a friend. Maybe the two of you could meet up."

Mylo wanted to reject the offer. As a big man weighing over 100 kilos, he would never live off a woman.

However, he glanced at the corner of Randy's shirt which was tucked in, and saw a bunch of keys. He swallowed back the words that were at the tip of his tongue, thinking that if the rich woman was just like Randy's it did not seem like a bad deal.

"I am living in Sana Travel Lodge. I will be staying in Chaos City for this period of time and I am rather free. It would be my honor to meet that lady for a meal," Mylo said with a smile.

Randy motioned a thumbs up with the arm that was resting by his body.

please keep reading on MYBOXN0VEL.C0M

The restaurant door opened. Randy invited Mylo to join them at their table. At the table, Randy managed to fish out a lot of information from Betty.

After the meal, the three walked out of the restaurant. Randy waved at Betty and said, "Go back to our eight horse-drawn carriage first. I'll chat a while more with my friend."

"Alright, I'll wait for you." Betty gave him a meaningful glance and sauntered off.

"Bro, you're very good at freeloading. I take my hats off to you." Mylo looked at Randy with admiration.

Randy put his arm around Mylo's shoulder and brought him to the side as he said softly, "Don't say that I'm not giving you a hand. Here's your chance. You got to grab hold of it.

"Her sister, Tryphaena, has been a widow for three years. She owns a mine. If you can handle her, you would not have to write a single word for the rest of your life."

"Well, I'm afraid I can't handle her." Mylo shook his head and sighed as he said defeatedly, "You know it too, I am not tactful with my words."

"Be courageous, meticulous and thick-skinned. All you need to win a rich woman over are these three points. Oh, right. Don't go all out to curry their favor. That would not fit our image as literary people. If you do that, you would just be played with for a while and then kicked away," Randy preached.

"I can't curry her favor? Then all my bootlicking skills are useless?"

"You have to be reserved. The best case scenario is if she comes currying your favor. That's the way to go." Randy patted him on the shoulder and said with a smile, "You are the cornerstone of 'Perfect Food'. bring out your professionalism and no woman would be able to resist you."

"Professionalism? In that case it would be talking about food." Mylo thought for a while and seemed to have understood a little.

"I'll be off. Someone will probably look for you tomorrow. Wait in the travel lodge, and go find a good hair salon to tidy yourself up at. Find some fitting clothes too." Randy walked away with a smile towards a horse-drawn carriage parked nearby. When he reached the horse-drawn carriage, Betty was already waiting for him with the door open.

"I have to get a hairdo too?" Mylo stroked his prickly chin and curly hair. He mumbled to himself and walked towards a hair salon close by.

He was not doing it to be a freeloader. He was merely providing a depressed, rich lady with a warm home.

***

"Are you trying to make your literary friend stay in Chaos City?" Betty said breathlessly as she leaned on Randy, her face flushed red, allowing his naughty hands to wreak havoc under her clothes.

Randy stroked, caressed, twirled, fondled and felt the softness at his fingertips, while looking reserved and cold as he said calmly, "It is the fortune of this city to have young talented people stay behind."

Chapter 2240: A Younger Sister and a Mother

Mamy Restaurant resuming operations was probably the happiest event for the chowhounds in Chaos City.

Recently, other than customers from Chaos City, there were also other customers coming from far and wide just to try the food from Mamy Restaurant, the restaurant that was praised to the skies by the various gourmet magazines.

They came excitedly and left happy.

However, not everyone could reach Chaos City so easily. An example would be Vanessa, living far away in the palace at Rodu. She watched her mother cry every day until her eyes were red and swollen but she did not know what to say to comfort her.

A few days ago, news of the victory came from the frontline but at the same time, came another news. It was like a bolt of lightning in the middle of the day, shattering her Royal Mother's heart.

Josh was dead.

Her Second Brother was dead.

Although they were all saying that he was a bad guy, a fool who sold his soul to the devil, a scoundrel who almost destroyed this world, in her memory, most of the time, he was a very gentle brother, a brother who would sneak good food for her, a brother who would stand out to defend her when others mocked her.

She was glad that the allied forces won against the Army of the Dead and that the Norland Continent was spared from annihilation. However, she could not bring her spirits up upon hearing the news of Josh's death.

Her mother doted on her Second Brother the most. When they heard that he had turned into the devil's puppet before, her mother could not stop worrying. She was unable to sleep and recently she had been crying non-stop. She could not eat anything and was growing thinner and frailer by the day. This made Vanessa's heart hurt a lot.

Please Keep reading 0n MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Royal Mother, have some porridge. I'll feed you some." Vanessa took over a bowl of warm red bean porridge from the palace maid. This was her Royal Mother's favorite dessert.

However, when the red bean porridge was brought to the Queen's mouth, the scent of it made her gag. She threw up a few mouthfuls of stomach acid and waved her hands weakly.

Vanessa passed the porridge back to the palace maid and wiped the Queen's mouth with a silk handkerchief. The Royal Physician said that the Queen was too upset and this was a psychological illness. If she continues to starve, it would be difficult for her to pull through. For the past two days, she had been surviving on forcing her to eat a few mouthfuls of magic potions.

"Royal Mother, Royal Mother..." Vanessa hugged the Queen gently and cried.

"Your Father is too ruthless. If he had chosen Sean as the crown prince back then and not given Josh any hope, Josh would never have lost his life for the throne. Two children fighting for a throne. He's forcing me to lose a child..." The Queen threw up a mouthful of blood, which stained the corner of her lips, making her face look paler in contrast.

The palace maids all lowered their heads in fear silently.

"Royal Mother, I'll bring you out for a walk. Let's go to Chaos City, to Mamy Restaurant. I'll bring you to eat good food. Let's go out and enjoy ourselves." Vanessa picked up a thick coat and put it around the Queen. After that, she ordered, "Prepare our flying steeds. I want to bring the Queen to Chaos City overnight."

"Your Highness, it's already late at night. Besides, Her Majesty is very weak. I'm afraid His Majesty would not allow you to leave the palace right now," the chief palace maid said hesitantly. The princess was rather wilful in her actions and they could not afford to be responsible for that.

"You..." Vanessa frowned. She knew that she did not have the power as well.

"I want to go." Just then, the Queen, who had been spacing out, suddenly sat up straight. She looked at the palace maid and said, "Report to His Majesty. I want to leave the palace."

"Yes," the palace maid replied and left hurriedly.

"Royal Mother..." Vanessa was overjoyed to see that her mother seemed to be a little more energetic.

"Help me get changed." The Queen might not be able to hide the exhaustion on her face but her voice was resolute.

The palace maids started hustling around, helping the Queen change into thick and warm clothes, with an extra fur coat on the outside.

The palace maid from before came back quickly saying that His Majesty had agreed to let the Queen and the Princess leave the palace and that their flying steeds were ready.

Vanessa was surprised that her father would agree. She quickly helped the Queen up on a large flying steed. There was a luxurious traveling palace on its wide back. This was a golden-winged eagle that only the King would ride on when he left the palace.

"To Chaos City!" Vanessa ordered.

please keep reading on MYBOXN0VEL.C0M

Tens of flying steeds took to the skies towards the south.

After leaving the city, the Queen, who had not spoken all the while, suddenly said, "Tell them to turn around. We're heading north."

"North? Royal Mother, aren't we going to Chaos City?" Vanessa asked in shock. She wanted to use her ties with Boss Mag to request that he cook a meal for her mother when they arrive, since it would be very late at night by the time they reached. However, her mother had other thoughts and wanted to go to the north.

"I want to go over personally to see Josh. Otherwise, I would not be able to rest in peace." The Queen was insistent.

"But..."

"Do you want me to go out to make the order?" The Queen looked at Vanessa.

Vanessa's heart sank. She turned around and said, "The Queen has orders to turn around and head north, towards the frontline."

The order was made and the flying steeds paused. There was a little commotion outside but the flying steeds quickly changed direction and flew northwards.

***

"Syndra still went to take a look for herself..."

In the highest tower of the palace, Andre looked up at the skies, facing the north with a complicated expression.

In a short span of a few days, his hair had turned white and he seemed to have aged a lot.

***

The tens of flying steeds landed gently five kilometers away from where the devil was sealed. The guards had already marked the spot. Balls of fire lit up on the ice sheets and several 10th-tier guards came rushing over in their direction to surround them.

"This is the garrison of the Roth Empire's Queen! Do not attack!" the chief garrison shouted loudly.

The guards looked at them cautiously and did not lower their weapons.

One 10th-tier knight rushed over and was stunned to see the golden-winged eagle. He went up and said respectfully, "My respects to your Highness. May I boldly ask what your highness wants, coming here at such an hour?"

This was the devil's seal where the allied forces guarded together. Even if he was the Roth Empire's officer, and the person who barged in was the Queen, he would still have to act according to protocols.

Syndra was helped out of the traveling palace by Vanessa. She looked at the 10th-tier knight and said, "I visited tonight and alarmed the allied forces' guards unintentionally. I just wanted to take a look at my son, Josh."

The guards from the various races suddenly looked hostile. Even that 10th-tier knight was taken aback. The human knights and magic casters guarding the place all looked over.

The Queen's son, Josh, died on this battlefield.

However, his death was nothing glorious. It was in an exchange for the lives of tens of thousands of allied forces' soldiers.

The blood of the warriors had yet to dry up but the Queen of the Roth Empire came all the way to the frontline in memory of her son?

This was such a preposterous and hateful thing!

The guards felt disappointed and could not hide the fury in their eyes when they looked at Syndra.

Vanessa had not experienced such a situation before. She subconsciously clung tightly to Syndra's arm in fear.

The Queen's garrison tightened their defense and looked at the guards around them cautiously.

"I hate the devil just as much as you do. However, right now, I am just a mother. I am here to take a look at the place where my child last stood. I just want to take a closer look," Syndra said, enduring the pain in her heart.

Chapter 2241: New Start

The allied forces' guards looked at Syndra. At this moment, this noble Queen looked like she was in a lot of pain and was very weak.

They had lost the ones fighting beside them, their friends, and she had indeed lost her son.

The root of all this was the devil that was sealed beneath the spell formation.

That officer from the Roth Empire turned to the side to make way.

The allied forces' guards all parted to form a path straight to the spell formation.

"Thank you, thank you." Syndra bowed deeply to the guards with Vanessa supporting her. After that, she walked slowly down the steps.

They were five kilometers away from the core of the seal. Syndra looked at the dark silhouette standing tall in the darkness on the ice sheets and walked towards it.

"Mother..." Vanessa supported the Queen's feeble body and walked over on the slippery ice with her.

It was too cold here. Even though she was wearing thick cotton clothes, she could feel the cold in her bones. With every breath she took, the cold air felt like an icy knife piercing through her lungs. Walking was even more difficult because of the slippery ice surface.

Her mother's body was so weak, that Vanessa was worried she would collapse before she even reached.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Get Queen Syndra a snow sledge," said a dragon powerhouse.

Very quickly, a snow sledge and a pack of sledge dogs were sent over.

Vanessa expressed her gratitude and helped Syndra onto the snow sledge. After that, she covered Syndra with a thick blanket. A magic caster came over and cast a warmth forcefield over Syndra.

Very quickly, the snow sledge reached the seal towering in the ice sheets.

Syndra stood up and looked at the black spell formation. Tears fell.

After a very long time, she looked up to the sky and said, "Josh, go on, your soul should go somewhere cleaner. I am here to visit you for one last time. I will use the rest of my life to repay the sins that you have committed."

A strange gust of wind blew over the ice sheets suddenly, whirling above the seal for a while before dispersing.

Syndra watched blankly and smiled. After that, she collapsed in Vanessa's arms.

"Royal Physician! Royal Physician!" Vanessa exclaimed as she held on to Syndra.

The royal physician and a healing magic caster went over straight away. While one diagnosed the Queen, the other used his healing magic to stabilize the Queen's condition.

"Your Highness, Her Majesty's condition has worsened. We can only stabilize her condition temporarily. If she still refuses to eat, I'm afraid..." the royal physician did not finish his words but it was already clear what he meant to say.

Vanessa's expression changed but she quickly calmed down and ordered, "Bring the Queen back to the traveling palace at once and proceed to Chaos City!"

After that, she jumped off the snow sledge and bowed to all the guards once again to express her gratitude and apologies. She turned back to take another look at the towering seal and the vast ice sheets before leaving on the snow sledge without looking back.

After seeing the frontline on the ice sheets for herself, she was suddenly not as upset because she could feel how difficult it was for the allied forces.

They had accepted the call from their leaders to fight against the Army of the Dead. All of this was done to protect the people behind the mountain range.

Josh chose to be the puppet of the devil and from that moment on, he was no longer the Second Brother she knew.

His death at this place, to the Norland Continent and to the millions of people of the Roth Empire, was a good thing.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

The flying steeds took to the skies once again and went southwards.

The next morning, the sun rose slowly from behind the horizon, casting its golden rays on the ground.

Syndra, who had a high temperature and had been sleeping the entire night, woke up. With the help of Vanessa, she walked to the window and happened to see the sun shining down on Chaos City, awakening the city from its deep slumber.

Looking down at this large city from high above the ground, one could see the buildings of various architectural designs and styles. It was a completely different view from Rodu.

A smile broke out on Syndra's pale face. She seemed to have felt the beauty of life once again.

Vanessa, who had not slept a wink the entire night, saw the smile on Syndra's face and could not hide her joy. She said softly, "Royal Mother, we're at Chaos City. I'll bring you to eat Boss Mag's breakfast. Let's have tofu pudding."

"Alright." Syndra looked at her. She reached out and caressed Vanessa's face as she said, "I must have given you a scare over the past few days."

"It's alright, as long as you're fine." Vanessa shook her head and hugged Syndra gently, saying as she choked up, "Royal Mother, I will be by your side."

Syndra patted her back gently and smiled.

The Queen's troops had liaised with Chaos City. The golden-winged eagle was permitted to land on Aden Square.

"This is Aden Square. Mamy Restaurant is at the southwestern corner of the square," Vanessa told Syndra as she helped her down.

Syndra looked around and said gently, "It's almost been 20 years since I last came here. You weren't even born back then."

"Royal Mother, you've been to Chaos City before?" Vanessa was shocked.

Syndra nodded and said, "Back then, I accompanied your father on many visits. Other than the Twilight Forest, I have been to all the other lands on the Norland Continent."

There was a horse-drawn carriage in the traveling palace. Vanessa helped Syndra up onto the horse-drawn carriage and they headed straight to Mamy Restaurant.

The sky was only just turning bright. It was just past six in the morning and Mamy Restaurant was not open yet; there was no one queuing outside.

1

Vanessa looked at the feeble Syndra leaning against the walls of the horse-drawn carriage and jumped out of the carriage. She ran towards the door of the restaurant and rang the bell.

She knew Boss Mag's rules but her mother had not eaten in a very long time and she was so weak she could faint at any time.

The royal physician said that if she were to faint again, she might not be able to wake up anymore.

She was still unable to ingest normal food, so Vanessa's only hope fell on Mag.

Vanessa rang the bell for a while before the door opened.

"Vanessa?" Mag was shocked to see Vanessa at the door.

He had not seen Vanessa for quite a while and she seemed to have lost a lot of weight. Her eyes were red and swollen and there were two dark rings around her eyes. The tiredness on her face was apparent and it seemed she had not been resting well for a very long time. She did not look like the chowhound he knew back then.

"Boss Mag! Please help me with one thing. Can you make breakfast for my Royal Mother? She has not eaten anything for three days and nights. The royal physician said that if she does not eat again, her life will be in danger," Vanessa said as she grabbed on to Mag's arm, as though she was grabbing on to her last hope.

Mag looked at the lavish horse-drawn carriage behind Vanessa. Based on what Vanessa said just now, the Roth Empire Queen was probably sitting in the horse-drawn carriage. On the square further back, Mag could see the golden glow of the giant eagle.

Vanessa came early in the morning all the way from Rodu with the Queen just to beg him to make breakfast?

Although Mag was unclear about the situation, he still nodded and said, "Come on in first."

.,.

Chapter 2242: This Breakfast Was Affection

Mag saw Syndra, who was helped down the horse-drawn carriage by Vanessa and a palace maid and was shocked.

From what he remembered, this Queen had always been very elegant and demure. She would speak slowly and gently.

However, right now, she was ghastly pale and skinny. He could even see traces of white hair, as though she had aged more than 10 years all of a sudden.

Mag had already thought of the reason. Josh's death must have brought her huge pain.

No matter what kind of a devil Josh was to the people, to Syndra, he was still her child that she carried in her womb for nine months and raised up.

Mag could not feel any bit of detestation for a mother like that. Instead, he suddenly wondered if that indifferent woman felt even a hint of sadness when he fell into the water and died.

1

Mag turned to the side to make way for them as he watched Vanessa and the palace maid help Syndra into the door and to a table nearby.

The heater was on in the restaurant, so the temperature was very comfortable.

Vanessa helped Syndra undo her muff and hung it on the back of the chair, so that Syndra could lean comfortably.

"What would you like?" Mag poured them some warm water and added a few drops of Spring of Life.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Thank you for going through the trouble." Syndra nodded at Mag. She held the crystal glass with her cold hands and felt the warmth from the water. After that, she put it to her mouth and took a sip.

The sweet Spring of Life moisturized her parched lips and when the light fragrant water slid down her throat, it was as though the arid earth had been moisturized by a spring, making her frown ease out.

The Spring of Life was not considered precious to the royalty but after slowly finishing the glass of water, the Spring of Life made her feel as though she could live again.

She felt hungry and felt how weak her body was. At the same time, she had a craving for food.

"Royal Mother, what would you like to eat?" Vanessa pushed the menu to Syndra while she also scanned through it. She saw several new dishes and could not help but swallow her saliva.

"You can order," Syndra said with a smile.

Vanessa looked for a while and said, "I'll order a serving of congee with pork and century egg for you first, and then two soup dumplings, and a bowl of soup. The soup dumpling is a new dish that I haven't tried before too but it looks pretty good."

"Alright." Syndra nodded.

Mag looked at Vanessa, who closed the menu and asked with a smile, "How about you? What are you having?"

"Me?" Vanessa was shocked. She shook her head and said, "It's not operation time yet. I can't trouble you to make me food. I am already very grateful that you could cook for my mother."

"Try the shaved noodles. It was released just two days ago, and I'll bring two more soup dumplings." Mag smiled and turned to walk towards the kitchen, without giving Vanessa the chance to reject him.

This lass was already drooling when she looked through the menu but still insisted that she was not going to eat.

"Mr. Mag is such a nice person," Syndra said with a gentle smile as she looked at Mag's back view. However, when she saw Mag pick up his cleaver, she was slightly stunned. She felt that his side profile was oddly familiar, yet she could not put her finger on it.

"Yes, Boss Mag is a super nice person. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be able to eat right now." Vanessa nodded. She propped her chin on her hand and watched Mag, who was in the kitchen. All she could see was the dough that kept changing in shape.

The dough was made beforehand last night but the dumplings and shaved noodles had to be made on the spot.

Luckily, there was already congee with pork and century egg prepared for the cleaners cooking in the pot so Mag could scoop a bowl out for Queen Syndra for her to have something.

The congee with pork and century egg that was just scooped up was still piping hot. Chopped green onions decorated the surface and the fragrance of the meat was already wafting over.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Syndra, who had not eaten for days, could not control her grumbling stomach when she smelled the meat. Her gaze was fixed on the porridge placed in front of her.

Bits of meat hid under the snowy white congee and pieces of translucent century egg decorated the dish. The fresh green spring onions made the food look brighter.

"It's a little hot, be careful, Royal Mother." Vanessa reminded Syndra softly as she placed a spoon in the bowl.

"Mm." Syndra found it slightly funny. When Vanessa was young, she was the one who had to remind the little one. Now, it was the other way around. At the same time, she felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

Syndra scooped a spoonful of congee and blew it gently before putting it into her mouth.

The warm congee melted immediately in her mouth. It had a viscous texture but was very smooth. Similarly, the meat was also very soft and when she chewed on it gently, the fragrance of the meat exploded in her mouth. It was delicious.

After swallowing the food, she felt a ball of warmth travel down her throat and into her stomach. Her stomach, which was tortured for days, was warmed up and she felt good from top to toe.

The century egg was slightly springy and had a peculiar fragrance, giving this bowl of porridge a very distinct taste.

Her resistance toward food was completely gone with this mouthful of congee.

"Her Majesty is eating!" A palace maid covered her mouth in joy. The royal chefs had been racking their brains for the past few days to make all sorts of food for the Queen but she did not even take a single bite. No one would think that this simple bowl of congee could make the Queen eat.

"Indeed, Royal Mother knows how to appreciate Boss Mag's food!" Vanessa was overjoyed as well. She was feeling very agitated before but thankfully it worked out. Otherwise, she would not know how to answer to her Royal Father.

Syndra took bite after bite and in no time at all, a bowl of congee with pork and century egg was down her stomach.

Syndra was stunned when she saw the empty bowl and just realized that she must have been devouring her food just now. She could not help but feel embarrassed.

Luckily, there was no one in the restaurant and Mag was also busy in the kitchen, so he probably did not see her just then.

"Is it good?" Vanessa asked with a smile as she helped Syndra wipe the corner of her mouth with a silk handkerchief.

"It's the best congee I've had." Syndra nodded with a smile.

After finishing the congee, Syndra felt as though she had regained most of her strength. She was also more energetic and she did not feel that down anymore. It felt as though there was something to look forward to in life.

If that rising sun gave her the courage to start anew, this bowl of congee made her feel the beauty of life.

It warmed her heart and the scrumptious taste brought her the sense of bliss she had not felt for a very long time.

"These are the soup dumplings. There is a simple introduction on the menu to eating it. The soup inside is very hot so be careful." Mag brought out two bamboo steamers of soup dumplings. There were three in each steamer and they were each placed in front of Syndra and Vanessa.

"Thank you, Boss Mag!" Vanessa blinked at him with utmost gratitude.

Mag smiled and returned to the kitchen.

He was the one who killed Josh. However, he did not feel any guilt since it was an act accounting for all the past hatred and on top of that, he was helping the people get rid of evil.

This breakfast was affectionate. It was affection for Vanessa. It had nothing to do with Josh.

.,.

Chapter 2243: I Think I Can Eat a Little More

The congee with pork and century egg opened up Syndra's appetite and the white, tender, and bulging soup dumpling made her even more expectant.

"It looks very springy." Vanessa used a finger to poke the soup dumpling gently. The soup dumpling shook a little. It was a very soft feeling but it was not fragile.

"Such a thin skin could hold so much soup. How should I eat this?" Syndra looked at the soup dumpling in confusion.

"Let me take a look." Vanessa flipped open the menu and found the column for the soup dumpling very quickly. There was a 'how to eat' section written at the bottom corner in small words.

"Pick up the soup dumpling gently by the little tip with your chopsticks. Put the soup dumpling on your plate and bite a little hole on the top of the dumpling. Wait for the soup to cool before sipping on it. Lastly, eat the dumpling skin and filling."

Vanessa read out loud as she picked up the soup dumpling according to the instructions. The round soup dumpling was elongated because of the weight and looked as though it was about to burst open. However, it hung on firmly and Vanessa managed to move it successfully onto her plate.

"Success!" Vanessa exclaimed while she let out a heave of relief.

To think that this thin, translucent skin could be so tough.

Syndra thought it looked interesting. She placed a soup dumpling carefully in her bowl, afraid that she would tear it or drop it on the table. She was clenching her other hand tightly into a fist due to the nerves.

After the two exchanged a few glances, Syndra, who was already salivating, could not resist the urge anymore. She poked the dumpling and it felt warm to touch. She said, "I think it's ready."

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

As she said that, she leaned over and bit a small hole on the dumpling's skin.

The soup rushed right into her mouth immediately.

Tsssss!

Hot!

The soup dumpling that was just served might feel warm on the outside, but the soup inside was still scalding hot.

One bite and the fresh soup flooded into her mouth.

The fragrance of the crab roe was so alluring. The soup was so delicious that it woke her taste buds up immediately.

As for the scald, before it could even happen, the scrumptious taste had already overwhelmed it.

In no time at all, Syndra had finished the soup and only the dumpling skin and filling were left.

The skin was chewy and the meat filling that had been submerged in the soup was fatty but not greasy. Together with the crab meat and crab roe, it was a taste that sent Syndra to cloud nine.

If the congee with pork and century egg was just an appetizer, this extremely delicious soup dumpling was the one that made her experience the beauty of delicacies and the joy of living.

Yes. Only when you're living can you experience such magical food.

She could enjoy both the soup, the chewiness of the dumpling skin, and the tastiness of the meat.

The little soup dumpling incorporated the chef's innovation to bring customers such a special experience. It really interested her.

A deeper desire from within rose. Syndra wanted to see for herself how the soup dumpling was made. How was the soup wrapped into the thin dumpling skin?

With her status, Syndra had never stepped foot into the kitchen, much less cooked.

This thought made her shake her head with a smile.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Mm! This is too good! Boss Mag secretly made such a delicious breakfast behind my back!" Vanessa, who had also eaten a soup dumpling, exclaimed excitedly.

The delicious soup dumpling brought joy and hope to the exhausted and depressed mother-and-daughter, even making them forget their sorrows momentarily.

"There are good things in life too, right?"

They sipped on the soup and chewed on the filling and dumpling skin, tasting the delicacies that one would not be able to get even in the palace in Rodu.

"Gulp."

The palace maid at the side swallowed her saliva and shifted her gaze.

1

As the Queen's personal palace maid, she was professionally trained and would not crave for even the best delicacies.

However, her defenses came crumbling down today when she saw the Queen and Princess eat this soup dumpling, and when she smelled the fragrance of the crab roe and meat filling.

"What heavenly smell is that?" She had never felt such an impact despite delivering various delicacies from the royal kitchen to the inner palace every day.

Of course, the most important thing was curiosity.

What would a soup dumpling with such a heavenly smell taste like?

What's the difference between normal meat soup and the soup wrapped within the thin soup dumpling?

Vanessa bit onto her third soup dumpling. She leaned forward and sipped softly. Just when she looked up, she saw Mag holding a lump of dough in one hand and the cleaver in another hand, slicing up pieces of dough.

The pieces of dough flew out from the lump of dough and leaped into a boiling pot of soup like silver fishes. Mag moved smoothly, connecting his movements gracefully.

Vanessa did not want to let go of the dumpling in her mouth so she motioned Syndra with her hand to look toward the kitchen.

Syndra turned to look and was surprised.

The scene of Mag slicing the dough looked like an artistic performance. His actions were adept and natural and he looked calm but full of life.

In no time at all, the last piece of dough landed in the pot. Mag put away his cleaver and put the dough down. He picked up his spatula and started getting busy.

Very quickly, Mag brought out a bowl of red braised beef shaved noodles from the kitchen and put it in front of Vanessa.

The beef slices covered the entire surface of the bowl and it looked very satisfying.

"Boss Mag, did you add meat especially for me?" Vanessa asked Mag as her eyes glittered.

"No, every customer gets the same dish." Mag shook his head.

"He doesn't even know how to make a girl happy." Vanessa pouted. What a daft man.

"But I added an egg," Mag said with a smile and turned to walk into the kitchen.

Vanessa used her chopsticks to peel the beef slices away and saw an egg fried to perfection. She smiled sweetly.

Vanessa took out a small bowl and put some shaved noodles in it for Syndra, and scooped some red braised beef to split the portion up.

"I am already full..." Syndra was about to finish her words when Vanessa put a piece of red braised beef into her mouth.

The tender red braised beef melted almost immediately in her mouth but it was still chewy. The fragrance of the beef was brought out completely by the seasoning and the more she chewed the better it tasted. The taste lingered in her mouth and enchanted her.

"I think I can eat a little more." Syndra pulled the bowl over and scooped up some shaved noodles.

The shaved noodles were as fair as white jade and they were much broader than the usual noodles she saw. On top of that, the noodles were not evenly-shaped square pieces but more like willow leaves. They were thin on the sides and thicker in the middle with obvious sharp ends.

.,.

Chapter 2244: Amy Saving Her Mother

The noodles were soft and smooth, yet chewy at the same time. Every bite was filled with a wheaty fragrance, which made Syndra raise her eyebrows. She found it special and it was completely different from the noodles she had in the past.

After having the beef and noodles, she took a sip of the soup.

The soup was bone broth and was as white as milk. One look and Syndra could tell that it was simmered for a very long time. One sip alone was filled with the rich fragrance of meat, making it impossible to leave any soup behind after finishing the noodles.

After a moment of slurping, the small bowl of shaved noodles was gone.

This time, Syndra really felt full.

Although she had eaten quite a lot during this meal, she did not feel groggy, as she had not eaten for three days. Instead, she felt energized and warm. It was a very comfortable feeling.

She leaned back comfortably and smiled as she watched Vanessa eat seriously. For a lady, the way she ate was not elegant enough but to Syndra, it was very cute.

All that mattered was that Vanessa was happy. Elegance and such did not seem to matter at all.

Vanessa took a bite from the fried egg. The soft egg was submerged in the thick soup so it had a little beef fragrance.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Royal Mother, do you want some more?" Vanessa asked Syndra after swallowing the egg.

"I'm already full. I can't even eat the soybean milk that hasn't been served yet." Syndra shook her head with a smile. She was not a big eater to begin with and was already shocked at how much she could eat this morning.

Vanessa smiled and said with a nod, "Mm, in that case, when we're done eating later, I'll bring you out to play. There are many fun places in Chaos City that you definitely haven't been to before when you came with Royal Father previously."

"Alright." Syndra nodded.

After finishing the bowl of shaved noodles and three soup dumplings, Vanessa felt that her exhaustion was completely wiped out. She was re-energized.

"Boss Mag, I'll foot the bill." Vanessa stood up and skipped to the kitchen door as she watched Mag make tofu pudding.

"I'll treat this meal," Mag said with a smile as he turned his head to look at her.

"No way. You made such a sumptuous breakfast for us early in the morning, which is adding more to your burden. How could we eat for free?" Vanessa swallowed her saliva when she saw the large pot of tofu pudding Mag was making. She pulled out her money pouch and placed a handful of dragon coins on the counter.

"Thank you!" Vanessa bowed at Mag and blinked mischievously at him. "I shall not disturb you further, I'll bring my mother out to play."

"Thank you, Sir," Syndra stood up and thanked Mag as well.

After seeing Chaos City today, Syndra had decided to live once again. However, the breakfast at Mamy Restaurant made her come to a decision: This time, she wanted to live differently!

"You're too courteous." Mag nodded.

To him, it was just making breakfast for his friends. It was no big deal.

After watching the two leave, Mag placed half of the pile of dragon coins on the counter into his pocket and before he could put the other half into the money box, Irina's voice came from the stairway.

"Wow, fancy a big business knocking on the door before we even open." Irina, who was dressed in a thin nightgown, walked down with a smile. Her voluptuous figure could be seen a little through the thin dress. When she reached Mag, she put her arms around his neck and whispered in his ear, "Is it enough? If it isn't, you can take a little more."

A faint fragrance wafted into his nose. The breath by his ears was like a gentle breeze and her voice was smooth and alluring but the words she said made Mag freeze.

"It should be enough to buy the groceries for today." Mag nodded naturally. He pulled out a money pouch that was labeled 'For Groceries' and said, "Do you want to count it?"

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Irina glanced at the money pouch with interest and drew circles on his chest with her finger as she said with a smile, "You've really put in a lot of effort for this family."

"It is only right that I do that in order to provide a good life for all of you," Mag said righteously.

Irina laughed and let go of Mag. She turned to sit on the chair nearby and said with a smile, "Why did Vanessa bring Syndra over?"

Mag looked at her charming smile. His heart skipped a beat. He was the only one who could admire such a beautiful view.

After all, in the eyes of outsiders, Irina was the high and mighty Elf princess and also a terrifying 10th-tier magic caster.

However, in front of him, she was a woman with no burdens or responsibilities. She could flirt with him and joke with him. Occasionally, she would scold him. She was more down-to-earth but also cute and interesting.

"Treatment," Mag said.

"Finding you for treatment?" Irina was puzzled. "If she knew Josh died in our hands, she would probably throw up blood."

"To be exact, Josh died in the hands of the devil. It has nothing to do with us. The one who died was merely a soulless shell." Mag shook his head and sighed. "It was too easy on him."

"I doubt it. For a proud person whose goal was the entire world, he would most probably be in despair and unwilling to end up having his soul swallowed," Irina said with a smile.

She could not feel any sense of sympathy for the fellow who almost killed Mag and Amy, and drove their family into a corner.

"This was a favor for Vanessa. That lass was sensible and she gave a lot," Mag told Irina with a smile. "What would you like to have for breakfast?"

"You." Irina looked intensely at his mouth.

Mag lifted his wrist and glanced at his watch. He shook his head and said, "Not enough time."

Sometimes, being able to hold on for too long is not a good thing.

"In that case, a bowl of shaved noodles." Irina leaned lazily against the chain and told Mag, who was walking into the kitchen, "Say, what identity should I use to stay in Mamy Restaurant?

"Those young ladies look at you as though they can not wait to eat you alive. If you just beckon them, they would probably wash themselves cleanly and send themselves right to your doorstep.

"This is not a good thing. I think it has to change."

"I think it's pretty good. Being lovable is something to be happy about." Mag said righteously, "I am Boss Mag, the man who would not waver easily. Not just anyone can seduce me."

"Is that so?" Irina smiled.

"I think the orc-eared lady that you dressed up as previously is not bad."

"I don't like that look anymore. It's too obedient, not how a lady boss should be at all." Irina shook her head.

"Why don't we put on a show of Amy saving her mother?" Mag suggested.

Irina seemed rather interested in that idea. She sat up straight and said, "What show?"

"It means you would play a monkey... I mean an elf being trapped under Buddha Mountain who was forced to separate from us. After that, Amy learned magic and went to the mountain alone to save her mother. This would make a great story."

"What about you?"

"Me? I am a freeloader. I just have to be me."

"Mm. Sounds pretty good. But where is Buddha Mountain?"

"Shall we change it to Huashan Mountain?"

"Where is Huashan Mountain?"

"What mountains are there in the Wind Forest?"

"The Wind Forest is a plain with very few hills that cannot be considered mountains."

"..."

Chapter 2245: Is Your School Hiring Cooking Teachers?

After a serious discussion, Mag and Irina still had not come to a consensus on her new identity and so they left it as it was for now.

Mag was actually looking forward to her making an appearance as the lady boss of Mamy Restaurant. After all, it felt as though they were sneaking around.

She should be longing to make an appearance as the mother of the two children.

"Actually, if you make known your identity right now, no one would dare to do anything to you right now too," Irina said with her mouth full of noodles.

Mag was stunned. This was the case based on his current capabilities and reputation.

Being a demi-god was akin to being invincible in the Norland Continent.

Besides, he had played an important role on two occasions in the fight against the devil and had already become the savior of the world to many people. He was no longer just the Roth Empire's god of war.

Even if he opened up about his identity, no one would come to him and seek death.

Josh was dead, Sean had lost an arm and the Wind Forest was already in bits and pieces. Who else is there?

Before Mag replied, Irina mumbled to herself, "But in that case, it would be rather boring... Those customers would not come solely for the food. It's so boring to cook for a group of people with motives."

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Yes, it would be boring.

This was another reason Mag did not wish to publicize his identity.

There was another deeper reason, perhaps the little insistence he held inside.

Mamy Restaurant's Boss Mag probably was the real him. It was also the identity that he liked and accepted whole-heartedly.

Whereas the savior Alex was more of a character he played, like spiderman with his mask on, someone that would appear only when needed.

It was very difficult to imagine what his interesting life would become if he were to open up with his identity.

Perhaps there would be a wave of change in customers. The patience of those with ill intentions was not something people going for food could compare to.

The ladies in the restaurant might behave with more caution and restriction.

Mag only gave it a casual thought and it already seemed terrible to him.

Irina picked up the bowl and finished the soup. After that, she looked at Mag and said, "Oh, right, Isn't your Miss Black Cat done printing? Are you intending to sell it in the restaurant too?"

"No. Miss Black Cat is going to be an advertisement for Maestro Vicki. If it sells well in Chaos City, she might not benefit much too. Therefore, I am thinking of sending these 10,000 copies to Rodu to get Eiffie's help to sell them." Maestro Vicki poured a glass of warm water for Irina.

Irina took a sip and looked at him with a smile. "You look more like a shrewd businessman now."

"You have to put in the effort to earn money." Mag smiled. He looked at Irina and said, "One would only know how costly the living expenses are if they are supporting the family. Money is a good thing. You should know this very well too."

"40,000 elves. Each person is a mouth to feed. It's not a small number." Irina nodded in agreement. After all, this place is not full of resources like the Wind Forest. The elves were unable to stand on their own and everything required money.

If Mag did not create a few big projects, very lucrative ones, for the Night Elves the moment they arrived at Chaos City, Irina would still be worrying daily about how to feed them.

"In that case, I will arrange for the manpower to have them sent to Titan Tavern?"

"That works. I'll write a letter to Eiffie later on to ask her to help us sell the picture books." Mag nodded. This would save him a trip down.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Other than the picture books, Mag also sent Eiffie another gift — to be the proxy for Rum.

Hannah's brewery had already moved into the production phase. Other than supplying for Mamy Restaurant, it still had an abundant supply of Rum.

Mag's plan was to set up three dedicated points of sale for Rum and at the same time, expand outwards.

The drinking culture was in trend and most of the potential consumers gathered in Rodu. Therefore, Rodu was also one of his goals for expansion.

Eiffie was not a bad partner, so he had decided to pass this opportunity to her.

Other than Titan Titan Liquor, Titan Tavern did not have another drink that could hold the fort. If they had Rum as a form of support, Titan Tavern would become more competitive.

In business, it was only right to look out for one another.

After the morning operation, Mag went down to Hope School.

This new school building, located in the city's Northside, was built on a piece of wasteland and it only took a few months to be completed.

The workers were removing the outer barriers and the four-story buildings started appearing. There were martial arts fields, magic halls, career buildings, and more.

Mag stood at the school gate with a smile. He could already see the children entering the school with their school bags.

He had participated in every phase of this school's establishment from the obtaining of funds to choosing of location and designing the place. Although he did not come often, he did see it get built from scratch.

He hoped that with the establishment of Hope School, students who skipped school due to poverty could have the chance to receive an education, thereby getting an opportunity to change their fate through learning.

He had always believed that learning was the most effective way for most people to change their fate and social class.

Education is useful in any world.

He was more passionate to push for this and provided a lot of support because he saw Amy's friends.

The final work for the school was almost complete. It seemed that there should be no problem opening a week later.

"Mr. Mag?" A voice came from behind.

Mag turned around and said with a smile, "Teacher Luna, what a coincidence."

"There is a trial class for the new teachers today. I came over to take a look. At the same time, I'll be doing some handover work with the workers." Luna stopped in front of Mag and said with a smile, "This is your first time here after the school's construction has been completed, right? Do you want me to bring you around?"

"It would be an honor if you have the time." Mag nodded with a smile.

He wanted to take a look at how the construction was going and it would naturally be better if Luna was around to give him a tour.

"This way, please." Luna brought Mag through the school door. As the principal of Hope School, every inch of grass here was filled with her effort.

Mag would occasionally nod and ask a few questions. While he listened to Luna's detailed introduction to the current situation at Hope School, he felt an increasing respect for her.

He initially thought that everything could be done with money.

However, to really build a school, to build a team of teachers, and recruit students, it was really very difficult and troublesome.

Luna was a weak lady but she took everything upon her shoulders.

She had given too much to build a school that could change the children's fate.

Luna stopped in front of a school building. She told Mag with a smile, "Although I've said many words of gratitude, I would still like to thank you, once again, on behalf of the children."

"You're too courteous." Mag shook his head. He looked at the career building and asked with a smile, "Is your school hiring cooking teachers? The kind that is only part-time without pay?"

Chapter 2246: Teacher's Entrance Test

Luna was stunned as she stared at Mag blankly.

"I heard you saying that the school is setting up various career training programs so that the children can gain a skill before entering society. I thought that being a chef is also a career so I asked." Mag smiled. "Of course, if you don't have that intention currently, you can take it as if I didn't ask."

"Of course!" Luna blurted out. After that, she said embarrassedly, "But Mr. Mag, you're so busy. Would it be too much of a problem for you to come to the school to teach?"

There was no doubt about Mr. Mag's culinary skills. It was not even too much to say that he was the best chef in Chaos City.

If such an excellent chef could teach the children, it would be a very good opportunity for those who wanted to become a chef.

"Ding!"

"The host had triggered a quest: Interfering Teacher! Please become a special teacher employed by Hope School and recruit 30 students to start the class!"

"Mission reward: Depending on the completeness of the mission. If all students manage to be highly skilled in culinary, the reward will be better!"

The System's voice rang in Mag's head.

Mag's eyes lit up. This is interesting.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"It's alright. I still have the time to come for two to three classes every week outside of operation times." Mag said with a smile, "I just don't know if I am suitable to be a teacher since I've never taught children before."

"You are a very outstanding and easy-going person. There should be no problems being a teacher." Luna nodded. "Moreover, the career classes are set at three classes per week in the initial stages. We could arrange the classes according to your schedule."

"Alright." Mag nodded. He thought for a while and asked, "Do I need to take the teacher's entrance test?"

"You are a teacher employed for professional skills and everyone knows how professional you are. However, we still have to go according to the rules and have you participate in a basic test. We need to fully understand if you require any training before you take on the role," Luna said.

Mag nodded. He did not find it troublesome. Instead, he found Luna increasingly professional. She did not employ him straightaway just because they were close.

"What is the content of the test and when do I take it?" Mag asked.

"The test, for professional skill teachers, is on professional skills and how well you can guide students. In the career of a chef, you can understand it as how you could guide a student to complete a dish.

"We do have some teachers joining the test today. Do you have any other arrangements this morning? The test would take around an hour," Luna said.

Mag nodded thoughtfully and said, "I'll do the test today in that case."

He was also a professional when it comes to teaching someone how to cook.

He could just give a pointer or two wherever it was needed. His golden finger had to be put to use.

"Alright. Please follow me." Luna brought Mag to the martial arts field.

The professional skills teacher's test would be ongoing during these three days. The professionals of various industries like weaponsmiths, healers, potion makers and more would be underoing their tests in the various segemented areas of the martial arts field.

Although Hope School was more of a charity school, Luna had heeded Mag's suggestion to offer attractive salary packages in order to attract talents.

The people who made it to the test today had all passed a written test and there were a lot of them.

Mag nodded while listening to Luna's introduction. Although time was tight, everything was done in an orderly manner and that really proved Luna's abilities.

"Ma'am." Ayoung female teacher stood up in shock when she saw Luna. After that, she sized up Mag, who was beside Luna. He was young, handsome and mature.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Luna told the teacher, "Hera, this is Mr. Mag. He is intending to interview to be a professional skills teacher. I'm bringing him over to join the test. Please make arrangements for it to start quickly."

"Mr. Mag..." Hera found his name a little familiar. She looked through the namelist on her table twice and said, "But this name isn't on the test list."

Mag looked at her and the corners of his lips twitched. It seemed this one had not been to Mamy Restaurant before.

However, upon second thought, it did make sense. Mag was no superstar. He was just a slightly more popular restaurant owner. He could not be expecting his name to cause an uproar anywhere he went.

Of course, if it was the name Alex, the effect would be difficult.

Hera looked at Luna and complicatedly. Could the principal be thinking of adding an extra person based on ties?

One had to know that the people taking the test today had all passed the written test before they were given the chance.

The noble image of Luna started wavering in her heart.

"Mr. Mag was specially invited by me. According to the rules, he could take part in the test directly. Please add his name in. He is interviewing to be a cooking teacher," Luna explained.

"Al... Alright." Hera sat down and put Mag's name on the list. However, she was still bothered by it.

"Oh, right, Ma'am, there isn't anyone taking part in the test as a chef so we did not prepare any kitchenware. I'm afraid he'll have to wait for us to get ready before taking part in the test," Hera told Luna as she placed her pen down.

Luna forgot about that aspect.

"It's alright. I have backup kitchenware. You do have an employee cafeteria here, right? I just need you to prepare a few ingredients for me," Mag said.

Luna looked at Hera and said, "We'll arrange it that way. Put Mr. Mag on the test right away for the next round."

"Can I borrow your pen and paper?" Mag asked Hera.

Hera flipped open a notebook and passed it to Mag with a pen.

Mag received the pen and wrote down a few ingredients: One Eggplant...

Hera looked at the beautiful handwriting and was stunned.

This man who looked handsome and elegant, could even write so beautifully. How could he be a chef? He looked more like a calligraphy master.

Just his handwriting alone surpassed many of those who interviewed to be a calligraphy teacher but he was actually here as a chef.

On top of that, he was very charismatic. His side-profile was perfect. He had a very high nosebridge, deep-set eyes and he was dressed extremely well. What an outstanding young man...

"Hera?" Luna called out.

Hera came back to her senses and quickly looked away as she blushed. She received the notebook and said, "I'll arrange it right away."

She quickly fled after that.

"Hera is our new teacher but she is very patient and hard working," Luna said with a smile as she looked at Hera's back view.

"She is rather hard working." Mag nodded. After that, Luna led him off to the testing ground.

Chapter 2247: I've Brought Along My Stove and Kitchenware

Setting up the professional skills subjects was for the children of lower-income families. That way, they could learn a skill in school and be able to survive in society.

However, it was not easy to hire teachers for that. The teachers had to be from currently popular careers and also be careers that were suitable to be taught in schools.

The test in the morning took more than an hour. The teachers standing in as judges all had strict expressions. One teacher with a head full of white hair nodded at the middle-aged man on stage, who had taught them how to value precious stones, and said, "Thank you for your tutorial. We will be pasting the shortlisted names at the school gate in three days' time."

The middle-aged man put away his little wooden box and nodded at everyone before leaving the examination ground.

"This person is quite professional but he still has to enhance his teaching capabilities. The content is too dry and heavy. Even someone like me who has a certain understanding of precious stones found it difficult to understand. I'm afraid it would be worse for the children," a young and beautiful female teacher said with a sigh as the emerald in her hand shone brightly.

"Yes. Most of the teachers this morning have that problem. They are very professional. Those who could pass the written test are all experienced professionals in their fields.

"However, teaching and working are very different. No matter how prepared they are, their performances were mediocre. Many cannot even achieve the goal of teaching," another teacher said with a sigh.

The few judges had the same worried expression. It was probably the same for the other few examination rooms too. There was a serious lack of good teachers. So many excellent talents were only attracted because of the high salary offered by Hope Primary School.

It was also because of such competitive salaries that they needed to choose better teachers for the children, so that they could learn useful skills and knowledge in their limited time in school.

Knock knock.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

The door was knocked.

The old teacher took a look at the name list in hand and said, "The next one is a makeup artist. It has been a growing career in the past few years and has a good business outlook. This field is getting increasing attention in places like banquets and performances."

The door was pushed open and Luna stepped in.

"Ma'am." The judges were all shocked.

"You've all been working hard." Luna nodded. After that, she introduced to everyone, "This is Mr. Mag, whom I've invited specially. He is a chef and because he has a tight schedule, I brought him over to take part in the test first."

Upon hearing that, everyone turned to look at Mag, who followed Luna in.

Mag was dressed in a gray trench coat. He stood up tall and was wearing a black suit and a pair of black leather boots. He was very handsome with pretty features and his smile looked very amiable.

Other than his overly handsome looks, he did have the aura of a teacher.

The two women's eyes lit up. The looks and figure of this one would undeniably take the top spot among all those who had taken the test today so far.

They did not have any other thoughts. It was just that something pleasing to the eyes would help in work efficiency.

"Mr. Mag? This name sounds rather familiar?" That teacher with the emerald frowned as she started recalling.

Meli had just returned from Rodu. She had been in Rodu previously, taking care of her family business. As she was tired of all the internal conflict and drama that was going on, she handed all her work to the other people in the family and left Rodu.

She happened to find out that Hope School was hiring teachers and after hearing about Teacher Luna, she confined herself at home for one month to study before successfully passing the written test and interview to become Hope School's new teacher.

Due to the insufficient manpower, even a new teacher like her was roped in to be a judge.

"Chef? Ma'am, I don't think we've set up a chef profession in our previous discussion, right?" Teacher Elton asked Luna.

The other four teachers also turned to look at Luna. Although the principal had the special right to invite people to join the school, the setting up of a chef course was indeed not in their previous plan.

Moreover, they did discuss this profession. To be an outstanding chef, other than a good mentor, the students would also require much practice.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

And be it the students' schedule, venue, and ingredients needed, Hope School was unable to provide a good supply currently.

Careers like precious stones valuation or sales had lower requirements for the venue and the most important thing was knowledge and experience, making them more suitable to be taught in Hope School right now.

Luna knew what the other teachers were thinking. Before that, she indeed had no intention of setting up a chef career.

However, since Mr. Mag raised it, as someone who had tried Mr. Mag's cooking on multiple occasions, Luna knew that if the children could learn cooking from Mag, they would have no problems providing for themselves even if they only knew how to make one or two dishes. They could even be someone various restaurants would want to poach.

This was the real master and he was willing to even teach the children for free.

She had no doubt that Mag would take out his utmost sincerity in teaching the children how to cook.

According to the examination rules, the judges were deployed randomly and the testee's details could not be revealed during the test. Therefore, Luna could only say, "Being a chef is a career with very wide prospects. After mastering the skill, one could be employed by either operating his own restaurant or working in a restaurant.

"I've thought over it carefully. I'll be adding in the chef's profession and will hire a professional chef to teach the children.

This was preposterous! Elton frowned. However, he did not speak his mind. He was a retired teacher. Luna came to his house to invite him to teach. She had put a lot of effort and emotions into Hope School. However, with so many teachers around, he still had to show Luna some face.

The other teachers did not speak further upon hearing that. Hope School was established by Luna. She was the principal and had the final say in all matters.

However, they could not understand why she suddenly wanted to add a chef's profession right before school opened. Was it just because of a man?

However, he was dressed up very well and appeared to have the aura of a noble. Would he really be a chef?

"That being said, we did not prepare anything for a chef's test today. We don't even have the basic stove and kitchenware. Is this teacher intending to mime the process?" Elton said as he looked at Mag.

Mag could already feel the doubt and dissatisfaction from the teachers' expressions and words. It seemed his sudden suggestion and request today created some trouble for Luna.

"I came very suddenly. Please bear with me. However, I have brought along my stove and kitchenware. As for the ingredients, I've already troubled Teacher Hera to get them from the cafeteria. I suppose they will arrive soon," Mag said with a smile as he pulled out his stove and kitchenware from a storage ring.

Chapter 2248: Your Build Is Marvelous

The teachers were all baffled when they saw that the examination room was suddenly filled with kitchenware.

They were too shocked that Mag owned a storage device. Although they were quite rare, one could still own one as long as they were rich enough.

However, the fact that Mag brought a full set of kitchenware and a stove with him for an examination made everyone speechless.

Meli watched Mag and smiled as she got ready to watch the show.

This man was quite interesting. She wanted to see how he could present his cooking tutorial dressed like that.

"These are the ingredients that you asked for but I did not manage to find chili and garlic," Hera told Mag as she walked in with a basket.

Mag received the basket and said with a smile, "Thank you. I have those two ingredients with me."

Hera looked at Mag's warm smile and blushed. She nodded and said, "It... it's alright. It's just a small matter." After that, Hera greeted Luna and the teachers and turned to leave quickly, even closing the door behind her.

Luna walked to the judging table and sat on a chair at the side.

Mag pulled out some chili and garlic from his storage box and told Elton, "I'm ready. We can begin the test."

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Are you sure you're ready?" Elton questioned as he looked at Mag who was still in his trench coat.

"Yes." Mag nodded with certainty.

"Then let's begin." Elton nodded. Since things had already gotten to this stage, it would seem like he was being unreasonable if he protested further.

He wanted to see what this man, who could change Luna's mind, was capable of and if he was really worth Hope School adding a new chef profession.

"Students. As a chef, the first lesson I am teaching you today is to be appropriately dressed. If you're dressed like me, you're not fit to enter the kitchen." Mag put on his teacher persona immediately. He removed his trench coat and put it on the table at the side. He unbuttoned his suit and placed it on the table as well, leaving only a fitted white shirt, which one could roughly see the shape of his abs through.

"The chef's battlefield is the kitchen. Our weapons are the cleaver and spatula. And a proper chef's suit is our armor. What I am wearing is obviously not good enough. However, due to our current limited conditions, I am unable to change. However, we still have to be as strict as possible." Mag rolled up the sleeves of his shirt, wore his apron, and put on his chef's hat.

"When you're cooking for people, the top priority is cleanliness. Therefore, we have to get rid of any possible contamination that might get into the food like our hair and the dirt on our clothes." Mag poured a basin of water and said as he washed his hands, "After changing into a chef's outfit, the first step is to wash your hands. The basic requirement of a chef is to have a clean pair of hands..."

Mag's voice was gentle and alluring. His content was interesting and his actions were not stiff. The judges were actually absorbed in his teaching unknowingly.

Luna, who was listening at the side, also nodded her head profusely. She was previously worried that Mag would not be suitable to teach and she might have to guide him.

Now, it seemed as though those worries were unwarranted. Mr. Mag was a natural teacher.

"The way he took off his clothes... is so suave..." Meli was focusing on the wrong points. Although she was trying to concentrate on Mag's teaching, she could not help but glance at his handsome face and eight-pack abs.

"Today, we are learning a dish called eggplant with garlic sauce. If you know the dish, it would actually seem like fish is one of the ingredients but that is not the case. Therefore, to make it seem that way, we will have to put in effort for the seasonings and side ingredients."

"Eggplant with garlic sauce!" It was as though Meli was struck by lightning. She suddenly remembered why Mag's name sounded so familiar. Isn't he the Mr. Mag from the magazine she was reading on her way back?

The owner of Mamy Restaurant! The one who was once titled the best chef in the Roth Empire King's birthday banquet.

She had a lasting impression of that eggplant with garlic sauce tutorial. Of course, as a young mistress who had not done any housework, she had not tried to make it but just thought that the food would taste good after simply reading the tutorial.

When she returned, she was tortured by her family drama and after that, she was so busy preparing for the examination that she did not have time to eat in Mamy Restaurant.

To think that this is what the well-known Mr. Mag looked like!

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

He was young, handsome, and had a nice body. He was simply... awesome!

No wonder Principal Luna changed her mind. There was completely no issue with adding a profession for a master like him.

The principal even brought him here for the examination, according to the rules, and did not even reveal his identity. This would not make the other teachers look bad.

This thought made her embarrassed about her immature thoughts just now and she felt increasingly respectful toward Luna.

The other four teachers still had no idea of Mag's identity. However, they kept nodding when they watched Mag teaching difficult things in a simple way. They even took down some notes from time to time.

Even Elton was not as stern as before. He could not help but feel glad when he looked at Mag and he nodded way more than he did for other teachers.

After the oil was heated up, the spices went into the wok. Mag held the wok handle in one hand and a spatula in another, tossing the food very beautifully. The fragrance from the spices started wafting around.

"Smells so good!" The judges' eyes lit up. Mag only started stir-frying the side ingredients but it already smelled so good.

A small commotion started rising from the other makeshift examination rooms divided simply with a board when the fragrance started wafting around.

"Is it time to eat?"

"I doubt it. We've only just had breakfast."

"Are we still continuing with the examination?"

"Yes, yes... go on."

Mag smiled when he heard the noises from the surroundings. He ignored the sounds and poured the prepared eggplants into the wok.

He had made a simple improvement to the eggplant with garlic sauce. He was actually using the recipe he wrote in Perfect Food last month.

This was also why he dared to take part in the examination today. He was already getting ready for it a month ago.

Not long later, Mag turned off the fire and a serving of bright red, fragrant and delicious-looking eggplant with garlic sauce was presented in front of everyone.

"This is the finished product, the eggplant with garlic sauce. Isn't it simple?" Mag displayed to the judges with a smile as he held the plate of food in one hand.

"Mmm yes, yes!" Meli nodded. Right now, she only wanted the food in his hand.

Elton gave a standing ovation. He told Mag with admiration, "Young man, your build is marvelous. You are a rare teaching talent. Join Hope School."

The other teachers nodded with a smile as they looked at Mag with admiration.

They never thought that they could listen to a cooking class so seriously and be so absorbed in it that they took so many notes. It felt as though they had really understood how to make the eggplant with garlic sauce.

"I concur. But before that, can I try the eggplant with garlic sauce first?" Meli said as she stared at the food in Mag's hand.

"I think it is okay to do so," a female teacher at the side said with a smile.

Chapter 2249: Go To New East Culinary School!

The few judges had an early lunch and gave Mag very high marks.

Meli took a piece of eggplant and finished the last mouthful of rice in her bowl. She put her bowl down but still wanted more.

The serving of the eggplant with garlic sauce was too small and it was too good. The five of them shared one serving and the dish was gone in no time.

However, this was still the best dish she had after returning to Chaos City.

There were notes of sweet, sour, savory, and spiciness all in one small piece of eggplant. It was an intoxicating taste that lingered in her mouth for a very long time.

Of course, the most miraculous experience was that the eggplant with garlic sauce was made in front of them and presented in the form of a cooking tutorial, yet it still tasted remarkably delicious.

Elton stood up and looked at Mag, saying joyfully, "Mr. Mag, we will be colleagues from now on."

Mag was the one and only career tutor he was satisfied with, without a doubt.

He was exceptionally capable and was able to go in-depth, yet still explain it very simply. His teaching pace was very comfortable and that even made Elton suspect if Mag had been a teacher before.

"Thank you." Mag nodded with a smile.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

He was also very satisfied with his performance during the test.

After all, he had taught Firis, Anna, and Mala how to cook and had quite the experience in this aspect. His impromptu performance had a very good result too.

After the test, Mag did not stay further. He put away his kitchenware and stove, bade the judges goodbye, and left with his coat.

Mag went to the washroom and when he walked out, he bumped into Meli.

"Hi, Mr. Mag, I am Meli. Your cooking is really good." Meli went up as she greeted Mag with a smile.

"Teacher Meli, you are too kind." Mag shook his head humbly. He glanced at this teacher with brown short hair, beautiful eyes, and light makeup. her hazel eyes were bright and lively.

"Your restaurant is Mamy Restaurant, right?" Meli continued.

"You know it?" Mag was slightly surprised. He had an exceptional memory and could be certain that this teacher had not been to his restaurant before.

"I saw your column in the magazine but didn't recall it at that moment. However, your eggplant with garlic sauce left quite an impression and it reminded me," Meli said with a smile.

"Do come over to the restaurant if you're free. Goodbye, Teacher Meli." Mag walked away with a smile after washing his hands.

Luna was waiting for him outside and the two walked away as they conversed.

Meli watched the two of them leave thoughtfully.

"The principal and Mr. Mag look rather compatible. They are both so outstanding," Hera muttered under her breath.

"Are they very close?" Meli asked curiously.

Hera looked at Meli and said, "When I went to the canteen to take the ingredients, I ran into a middle-aged man who said that Mr. Mag is Hope School's very important investor. Without him, there might not be Hope School."

***

"I've talked to a few of the judges just now and all of them think that you are able to take on the role as a chef tutor," Luna said with a smile as she walked beside Mag.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Am I being accepted in advance?" Mag asked with a smile.

"It is the honor of Hope School to have a chef as outstanding as you to teach here," Luna said seriously.

She was watching Mag during the test and was shocked at his ability to hold the fort so well. She was even touched to see him present the recipe for the eggplant with garlic sauce so selflessly.

She knew about the 'Mamy Fever' going on in the culinary world of Chaos City recently. Various restaurants had been launching Mamy Restaurant's food and although the taste differed a lot, it was still apparent how they were just riding on the hype and popularity.

If the kids could master a few dishes from Mag, they would be able to get a rather good job easily in any restaurant.

"You didn't have the intention to set up a chef's career course, right?" Mag paused and turned to look at her when he asked.

"Yes." Luna did not try to hide it at all. "I'll contact the construction team today to get a chef's training ground built as soon as possible."

Mag smiled with a shake of his head and said, "I am the one who suggested it, so leave the training ground's design and construction to me. I saw that there was still a plot of empty land beside the canteen. Can I use it?"

"Errr..." Luna hesitated.

"Actually, what I am envisioning is to set up a culinary college. Its scale might be a little small at the starting phase but the goal is to set up the best chef training ground in the Norland Continent and for it to become a chef's holy land." Mag smiled. "Therefore, I want the training ground to be a bit more formal. And I'm afraid no one else can do this."

Luna looked at Mag and smiled. She nodded and said, "Alright. I'll hand over the plot of land beside the canteen to you."

"Thank you." Mag nodded. He went around the school with Luna and then left.

As he turned back to look at the cluster of new school buildings at the school gate, Mag smiled proudly.

Who would have thought that he could become a teacher?

Even if it was just a part-time job. Mag still found it miraculous.

Mag went over to the textile factory which was nearby. He found Ashley and booked a group of outstanding carpenters among the Night Elves.

There were six more days to the opening of Hope School. He wished to build the chef's training ground before that, so that it would not affect the school's opening.

***

"You want to be a teacher at Hope School?" Irina asked Mag in shock during lunch.

The ladies all paused their work at hand and looked at Mag.

"Father, are you going to be a teacher?" Amy hopped off a chair joyfully. To her, a teacher is someone very impressive, like Teacher Luna.

"Boss, what would you be teaching?" Miya asked curiously.

"How to make all the young ladies in the city fall in love with him?" Angela guessed as she propped her chin on her hand.

"This is a very close answer." Mag called Angela out and said, "Go to New East Culinary School!"

"Are you going to teach the children how to cook?" Firis caught on very quickly.

"Yes. Hope School is setting up a career training course and I ran into Teacher Luna while touring the school today, so I went to apply to be a part-time teacher. I have already passed the test," Mag said with a smile.

"Teacher Mag," Anna called out.

"Mm. Good girl, little Anna." Mag nodded with a smile. The little one was one of his students.

"Won't it hinder the children in their learning?" Irina asked.

"Learning is actually a process. It is not just applied to magic or martial arts. For children coming from poor families, it is more realistic to have a skill that could help them to stand independently in society and break free from the poverty cycle from their parent's generation," Mag said with a shake of his head.

1

Chapter 2250: Not 5888!

The construction of Hope School was something everyone followed closely. After all, Mag was a very important investor and Amy was also very concerned about it.

Therefore, everyone put a lot of heart into Hope School. Hence, the news of Hope School being built and on top of that, Mag being a part-time teacher there, made everyone even happier.

"In that case, can I be a part-time magic tutor as well? I am pretty good at spatial magic," Babla asked Mag as she put down the skewer in her hand. She was eager to be a teacher.

Mag looked at her for a while and said with a nod, "I think you have what it takes to be a teacher."

Babla was overjoyed. She sat up straight and stuck out her rather flat chest.

"What about me? I can teach the children how to sing," Gina said as she raised her hand. She loved children and it would be fabulous if she could become a teacher.

"This is a really good idea." Mag nodded. Gina had already mastered the common tongue and although she still had a little bit of an accent, she could articulate her words very well and the accent was not an issue.

Besides, she was a really good singer. She had the voice of a mermaid after all and would be a good fit as a music teacher.

"Boss, I can be your assistant when you teach," Rena said with a smile.

"That's a good idea too." Mag nodded. He did not have much experience dealing with so many children at the same time, so it would naturally be better to have an assistant.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Everyone chimed in, displaying their passion to take on the glorious role of Hope School's teachers.

Mag clearly turned down Angela's suggestion to teach the children how to charm. After that, he told everyone, "I do not have the last say in this. If you really want to be a part-time teacher at Hope School, I can bring you down one day to see Teacher Luna. She has the final say."

During the afternoon break, Mag shut himself in the study room to devise a design for the training center's building.

It might be called a training center, but it could actually be considered a holistic education building.

Mag's vision was a four-story building. The first floor would be a kitchen that came with a store room that was big enough to have 100 people learning and practicing cooking at the same time.

The second floor would be a more comprehensive hall split into various classrooms that would allow students to be split into various culinary styles to specialize in afterwards.

The third floor would be temporarily made into a recipe hall where various recipes would be stored. Only those who were good... those who were eager to learn, would obtain the right to gain a recipe of their specialty.

As for the fourth floor, it would be the teachers' office.

With the help of the System, Mag completed his design. After that, he went to the city's northside and quickly arranged for the Night Elves' construction team to start work in the school.

When the teachers saw construction work happening at the barricaded empty plot of land beside the canteen, a discussion started.

After all, they just received a notice yesterday saying that the construction works in the school had been completed. Why was there a new construction team coming into the school again today? On top of that, they were a team consisting only of elves.

"The construction work will happen across five days and all barricades will be torn down, at the latest, by the night of the eve of the school's opening. It will not affect the school's opening." Mag promised Luna in her office.

"Is time too tight?" Luna asked.

"It's not an issue. They are professionals and this timeline that I gave you is inclusive of a buffer time." Mag waved his hands with a smile. He was very confident in this construction team from the Night Elves.

The construction team went into the school and completed all the handover work. Mag held a meeting with some of the elven engineers to finalize the plan and some details. The construction materials were brought in and the construction work started immediately.

There were four stories to build and time was tight. On top of that, Mag had a lot of requests so they had to work for three days straight.

"System, I am intending to custom-make some kitchenware. Do you want to take on this business?" Mag said to himself as he pushed his bicycle out from the campus.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"As a God of Cookery Cultivation System, I only cultivate the God of Cookery. I do not do business," the System said proudly.

"What a pity. It would be more than 100 sets of kitchenware and furniture. I guess I'll have to trouble myself to go around Chaos City. After all, I can buy anything I want in Chaos City," Mag said slowly as he rode towards the blacksmith in the distance.

"Host, why don't we discuss it again?"

"Discuss? What's there to discuss? I am very glad that you are such a system with principles. After all, there aren't many like you. I have to treasure that." Mag stopped his bicycle in front of the blacksmith shop, put down the bicycle kickstand, and walked into the shop.

"As a God of Cookery System, I am a professional in making kitchenware!" the System said seriously.

"Boss, how much does it cost to custom-make a set of kitchenware?" Mag asked the dwarf blacksmith who was leaning by the fireplace.

"It would depend on which set you want." The blacksmith put down the erotic novel in his hands and stuffed it under his seat cushion as he looked up at Mag.

"What sets do you have?" Mag asked with a smile.

The blacksmith named the sets as he straightened each finger.

"Set one: Three-piece pot set, three-piece knife set, one stove, 800 copper coins.

"Set two: five-piece pot set, five-piece knife set, one stove, one gas stove, 2800 copper coins.

"Set three: eight-piece pot set, 12-piece knife set, one stove, one gas stove, one kitchen counter, one sink counter, 5888 copper coins."

"What are the details of the pieces in your sets?" Mag asked.

"This way, Sir." The blacksmith stood up and stuffed the novel, from under the cushion, under his shirt as he brought Mag over to a display set.

There were various kinds of pots and knives on display. It was a very comprehensive and professional set of kitchenware.

It was all equipment that a chef in a restaurant would use in various scenarios.

Mag looked at the display set. The quality was so-so but it was sufficient for learning.

"If it's 100 sets, it would only cost 588,800 copper coins. That isn't very expensive," Mag thought to himself.

"Expensive! It is very expensive! How could someone put such an expensive price on such kitchenware of such sub-par quality! What an unscrupulous businessman!

"This cleaver might not even be able to cut through a normal wild boar's bones, much less a magic beast!

"Also, the thickness of that pot's base is not even enough. If you use that pot, the food will not heat up equally and you will not be able to create the perfect dish!

"Host, as a teacher, how could you let your students use kitchenware of such quality? You're poisoning the saplings of the country and wasting their youth!" the System said agitatedly.

"Really? I thought it was pretty good. Mainly, the price is acceptable," Mag replied calmly.

"Not 5888! Just 5688, and you can bring home a perfect opulent set!"

The system brought out an opulent set menu.

It included a three-piece knife set, three-piece pot set, one stove, and one kitchen counter.

The quality appeared to not be any worse than the blacksmith's set three but it made Mag smile.

Mag was actually not very interested in too many fancy things. Be it pots or knives, it was not the more the merrier. He only needed enough.

"Isn't this equivalent to his set one? That's only 800," Mag said.

Chapter 2251: "The Ugly Duckling"

In the end, Mag completed his procurement mission at the price of 889.

Mm. Fabulous.

"I want this peeler." Mag passed the dwarf blacksmith a silver coin. He took the shiny peeler and whistled a merry tune as he walked out of the blacksmith's shop.

"I thought he would be a big customer," the blacksmith grumbled. He put the silver coin in his pocket and pulled his book out again to read by the fireplace.

Mag had no intention to custom-make his kitchenware at the blacksmith. The products were not well-done and could not even be compared to Mobai and Lulu's skills, much less the System.

The System's kitchen set was completely sufficient for a professional chef to use, much less to teach with.

As for the other furniture like tables and chairs, Mag also completed his procurement from the System.

Right now, he only had to wait for the building's construction to be completed, to put everything in, and wait for the students to arrive.

Mag was in a good mood, so when he returned to the restaurant, he glanced at the little blackboard hanging by the restaurant's door and brought it in. After a while, he came out again with the blackboard with the following words written on it: Today's new product: Spicy Escargots!

The weather was cold and there were fewer customers drinking beer. Rum had become a rather suitable replacement.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

However, few restaurants had dedicated side dishes to go with the drinks and that was the reason for the launch of the Spicy Escargots. It was a dedicated side dish to go with the drinks.

Mag returned to the restaurant and watched Annie draw as she sat by the window. He walked up to her with a smile and looked over to see what she was drawing.

It was a simple drawing with blue skies and white clouds. There was also a corner of Aden Square. There was not much technique involved and so it was a comfortable drawing to look at. It did not even have a clear subject, it was just everything one could see seated from here.

But Mag felt that the drawing was very enjoyable to look at. It was as though the scenery was all in the picture.

Annie added the last stroke and placed her pen down. Only then did she turn back to look at Mag with a smile.

"It's a very beautiful drawing." Mag praised her with a smile.

Annie took a picture book that was on the table at the side and passed it to Mag as she signed, "New picture book."

Mag received the picture book and saw a giant orange swan drawn on the cover.

The name of the picture book was: "The Ugly Duckling"

"..." Mag.

Mag flipped through the picture book with a complex feeling. After a while, he looked at the grill rack over a fire on the last page. There was a roast goose dripping with golden oil on it. He gulped and could not contain his laughter.

This must be a demonized version of Amy's 'The Ugly Duckling'. What a sad ending...

However, the story still had a moral. Did you think that life had lied to you? It did not. Your life was already predestined. No matter how hard the Ugly Duckling worked, it would still end up as a roast goose.

Oh yes.

The Ugly Duckling did not turn into a roast goose at the end of the story.

It escaped and the duck who bullied the Ugly Duckling since young became a roast duck, while the latter became an orange swan.

Mag looked at Ugly Duckling, who was laying on the counter sleeping as he wondered what it would feel if it were to see this story.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"It's... pretty good." Mag nodded. If one were to cast that preconceived notion out, this version of The Ugly Duckling was way more exciting and magical. It was also rather interesting in its sense.

After all, he did not understand how a four-limbed animal that was hatched from an egg at first could end up becoming an orange swan flying in the sky.

The two little ones, together with imagination, made the story even more interesting and fun. The story of a little orange cat striving hard to grow up, defeating the bad duck, and chasing its dream to fly was even more encouraging.

"Can it not be printed?" Annie looked at Mag with a little disappointment.

Mag replied with a smile, "It can, let's try printing 5000 copies after the mermaid picture book is sold out."

Annie's eyes lit up as she nodded eagerly.

Mag sat in front of Annie and reread the picture book that he browsed through quickly just now.

Annie's drawing skills were still improving. Although it was not an obvious improvement compared to Miss Black Cat, the details had made the drawings come to life even more.

The protagonist of this story is the Ugly Duckling and some other small animals. Compared to the complex characters and costumes in Miss Black Cat, the characters in The Ugly Duckling were much simpler but the details were done better, and that would make the reader more absorbed in reading the picture book. The reader would be easily touched by the cuteness of the little animals.

In particular, the Ugly Duckling's cuteness and clumsiness were brought out perfectly in the picture book. That showed how meticulous and observant Annie was usually.

"I think we can print 10,000 copies." Mag changed his mind. This was a picture book targeted at toddlers. There might be an unexpected result once it enters the market.

There were more and more customers buying The Little Mermaid in the recent couple of days and many even queued just for the picture book.

Annie had also become the idol of many young children. Mag would often hear Annie being mentioned by children who were trying to catch a glimpse of her.

The little one had truly become an illustrator and was loved by many.

***

"Young Mistress, we're all sold out for the 1000 copies today! There were even customers asking to buy the remaining stocks we have at 3000 copper coins each," Mala told Eiffie excitedly as she ran into the tavern.

"Sold out?" Eiffie was stunned. That was 1000 picture books sold at 2000 copper coins a copy and they were sold out.

She just received the picture books that Mag got someone to send over last night and sold them outside Titan Tavern this morning according to Mag's arrangement.

She did not expect that the picture book, which was limited to two per customer, would be sold out in just half a day.

That was 2 million copper coins earned!

"Yes, there weren't many who bought it at first but after one customer bought it and advertised it around, suddenly a group of people came running over to buy them, and in no time at all, 1000 copies were sold out." Mala nodded. Her fingers were still a little limp from counting all that money.

"I see." Eiffie thought. It seemed that the picture book's value was way higher than its selling price. otherwise, no one would request to buy everything at a 50% price increase.

Mala urged Eiffie. "Young Mistress, the customer is still waiting outside. Should we just sell our remaining stocks to him and earn 900,000 copper coins more for Master?"

Although Mala was not good at calculations, she was very clear about the math for this one.

Not only could they earn more money selling the picture books to this customer, but they could also save the trouble of having to sell them themselves.

"Tell him that we will not be selling the rest to him and we will also not increase the price of the picture book. From tomorrow onwards, each customer is only limited to one picture book and priority will go to customers who spend time in the tavern," Eiffie replied with a shake of her head.

Mag had already foreseen this situation in his letter and even instructed Eiffie not to sell them all to any one person. He would prefer to sell the books to as many people as possible because this was not just a very outstanding picture book, it was also an advertisement for the Black Cat Opera Troupe.

Chapter 2252: Brute Force Will Create a Miracle

"Wow! It's so beautifully drawn!"

"Boss Hades's daughter is indeed a genius illustrator! She made me look so good."

"This picture book is definitely going to be popular. Seems like our opera house is going to be popular too."

The Black Cat Opera's actors gathered together to read the picture book. Mala sent it over to the maestro in the morning but they only got to read it during their break time and they were all impressed.

It felt amazing to see the opera that they performed daily appear in the form of a picture book and completely exceed their expectations.

Moreover, they had already found out that Mr. Hades had bought the exclusive right to use the picture book format of 'Miss Black Cat' with 5,000,000 copper coins.

The theater was closed and was being upgraded for the past few days. They had been rehearsing in the backyard and would welcome their audience with a brand new look, after the theater had completed its upgrade.

At first, they were still worried that the frequent closing of the theater after it opened would cause a loss of their audience.

However, after reading this picture book, their worry was diminished. Instead, they began to look forward to the scene whereby the theater was filled with an audience again.

"However, this picture book cost 2,000 copper coins per copy and Mala said that we have to sell 1,000 copies today, which means, it will earn 2,000,000 copper coins by today."

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Wow... Doesn't this mean that this picture book could earn us tens of millions of copper coins?"

"It seems that the maestro has made a not-very-smart choice," all the actors murmured.

Vicki walked over as she scolded them, "Why are you all gathering here?! Don't you need to practice? The opera house is going to reopen in two days time and I'll punish you if you fail to perform and disgrace me by then!"

All of them quickly put down the picture book and dispersed.

Vicki picked up the picture book and the corner of her mouth twitched.

She knew even more information. Mr. Hades had sent a total of 10,000 picture books over to Eiffie. He priced them at 2,000 copper coins per copy and limited its sale to 1,000 copies per day.

She saw that Mala had already finished her work when she was resting on the second floor earlier.

The 1,000 copies of picture books were all snatched up in half a day. Its demand had far exceeded its supply.

Which also meant...

These 10,000 copies would be completely sold out in 10 days and earn Mr. Hades 20,000,000 copper coins.

Without any publicity and with a steep price, 'Miss Black Cat' suddenly became famous just like that.

It would be fake if she said she had no regrets. Right now, Vicki's heart... was bleeding!

Her initial anticipation was that Hades would release the ink version of the picture book in a few months time and with Annie's excellent drawing skills and great storyline, 'Miss Black Cat' would have rather good sales.

However, after deducting all the costs, given the black-and-white print's meager profit, the annual earnings wouldn't be too high.

However, she had never expected that Hades was so efficient and finished the printing in just a few short days.

What she even less expected was that he actually released a color printed version with a high resolution!

She had read the original book and she actually couldn't see that the picture book that she received in the morning was a copy.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

What she knew was that the Norland Continent's printing technology was still in the black-and-white stage. Not to mention the advanced color printing technique, they hadn't even figured out the basic theory of color printing.

What Hades did was no different from cheating!

"Perhaps someone has smuggled the color printing machine out from Underground City?" Vicki murmured to herself, feeling that it was rather unbelievable.

That was the only plausible explanation.

However, no matter what, the color printing had made the 'Miss Black Cat' book into a source of wealth.

The picture book's intricate drawing style and outstanding colors were perfectly preserved by the color printing, and the exciting story was much better than the majority of the picture books on the market.

Vicki had already ascertained that 'Miss Black Cat' would definitely become immensely popular and bring Hades great rewards.

And, she had the right to share those profits initially.

"On the bright side, if the 'Miss Black Cat' picture book becomes very popular, more people will be willing to step into Black Cat Opera House to listen to the opera's version of 'Miss Black Cat'." A smile appeared on Vicki's lips.

Mr. Hades' 5,000,000 copper coins wasn't a bad deal for her. She used that sum of money to do a complete makeover for the theater and transformed it from a circus to a real professional opera house.

The opera house could accommodate 1,000 audience members and huge opera productions could be performed on the stage. She even hired a few new staff members for the theater.

She didn't dare to think about all these things before but now she had achieved them all in one shot.

All she needed to do was to remember Mr. Hades' kindness to her.

Meanwhile, the success of the 'Miss Black Cat' picture book was mainly due to his excellent mind in business and operation.

She even decided not to ask Xi to investigate the color printing.

If the printing machine indeed came from Underground City, to conceal any traces of Underground City, Xi would most probably kill Hades right away.

"However, I could still find out more when I meet Mr. Hades again. After all, it's better to keep a low profile with this thing," Vicki mumbled to herself.

***

Mag didn't expect that someone would link the color printing to Underground City. However, he was indeed much more relieved after making the Night Elves his scapegoat.

As long as someone asked about the matter of color printing, he would get them to go out and turn left to look for the Night Elves.

At the dinner table, Babla held onto an escargot with furrowed brows. "Is it impossible to suck out the escargots if we don't drink alcoholic beverages?"

The other maidens had similar facial expressions too. They looked at the escargots in their hands helplessly.

It was today's new product and Mag fried a helping for all of them during dinner.

However, after smelling the spicy escargots and sipping a mouthful of the spicy soup, the ladies were stumped.

"Slurp!"

"Slurp!"

"Slurp..."

After sucking out three escargots in a row, Amy put down the shells, chewed on the meat and said to everyone as she shook her head, "No. You can still suck it out even if you don't drink. Escargots are so delicious."

Everyone looked at one another, feeling their faces heat up.

"At a moment like this, brute force will create a miracle." Irina took out a hammer and a chopping block out of the blue. She put the escargot on the chopping block and slammed the hammer on it.

The shell shattered and a complete escargot flesh was left behind.

Irina smashed a few more times before eating them with chopsticks.

Mag smiled as though he expected their predicament. He picked up an escargot, sipped a mouthful of gravy first before holding the escargot with two fingers and demonstrated as he explained, "Actually, there is a technique when it comes to sucking the escargot. Put the escargot in your mouth and cover it with your lips. Take a deep breath and when the escargot isn't paying attention, suck gently. The escargot will naturally end up in your mouth. The escargot will only have a soul like this."

"The escargot's tail is already processed, so only the head is left. Everything inside is edible, so you can suck them without any worries." Mag reminded them.

Chapter 2253: She Was 18 Years Old Back Then

Sucking the escargot required technique, so even after Mag provided the technique, the maidens still couldn't grasp it.

At a time like this, the toothpick was put to use.

Mag didn't want to use the toothpick. To him, the escargot flesh that was picked out by a toothpick had no soul.

However, he had to admit that compared to Irina's way of smashing the escargots with a hammer, using a toothpick was indeed more refined.

Miya picked out an escargot, bit it gently and revealed a smile. "This escargot flesh is so bouncy and spicy. It's so scrumptious."

"Yes. It gets tastier the more we chew on it. It's spicy and crunchy. It's a pity that we can't drink now. It's a perfect match to go with alcoholic beverages." Angela already had a few empty shells next to her. She picked up an escargot with her pinky pointed up. The escargot flesh ended up in her mouth with just a gentle suck.

Mag looked at her glistening red lips. This was perhaps the so-called racial advantage. She mastered it immediately.

"I intend to bring all of you to a vacation at the Demon Islands when we go on leave a few days later. Do any one of you have any issues regarding that?" Mag asked everyone.

Miya's eyes lit up and she happily said, "Can we go to the beach to swim?"

Mag nodded smilingly. "Yes. You may bring your swimwear."

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"I like the beach. We'll get to eat a lot of seafood." Amy's eyes were also glistening as she thought of the time that she stayed at the Demon Islands briefly.

"Yes. There are many seafood merchants1." Angela said smilingly.

Mag flicked a glance at her. He could sense that she was making a dirty joke, but he had no evidence to prove it.

After dinner and a brief rest, Mag opened the restaurant door and began their daily operations.

"Welcome to Mamy Restaurant." Mag stood at the door with a smile. His gaze swept across all those familiar faces in the long lines in front of the door and stopped briefly on a middle-aged man with a square face. However, his gaze quickly went over him naturally.

"He has indeed come." Mag's lips curved slightly.

Rankster, the man who was as strong as him.

Even though he had disguised himself simply and restrained his aura, Mag still saw through him instantly.

The giant dragons weren't good at such matters but it was enough to fool most people when he restrained himself to such an extent.

At least, he looked just like a normal rich merchant in opulent clothes when he stood in the line now. There was nothing special about him.

What made Mag surprised was that Elizabeth didn't come with him. He wondered if she had come to Chaos City.

The restaurant hadn't got any new employees ever since she left and they were short in manpower, so they were rather busy.

It naturally would be best if she was willing to come back.

However, Rankster, the king of the dragons, had returned. If he saw his daughter working in the restaurant and being given an order...

Mag wondered if there would be 10,000 warriors coming to demolish his restaurant. Just thinking about it was a little terrifying.

Mag was having wild thoughts as Rankster moved forward with the line. He was also sizing up Mag.

Initially, he thought that Miya was cheated and imprisoned by the restaurant when he found out that she was working as a server. He wanted to avenge his daughter.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

However, after Elizabeth explained everything to him, he realized that the restaurant's boss named Mag had taken Miya in when she almost starved to death and he treated her very well. That made him decide not to demolish the restaurant.

The name 'Mag' sounded rather familiar. He suddenly recalled that Alex's first name was Mag when he was lining up. He began to feel suspicious and couldn't help sizing up this young boss carefully now.

Their ages matched. They were both in their early thirties.

However, be it their looks, heights and figures, they both had distinct differences.

Humans were different from the other races. They couldn't change how they looked so easily.

Moreover, a proud chap like Alex would never change his looks to become the boss and chef of a restaurant in Chaos City secretly.

With his culinary skills...

Rankster had tried his charred pheasant back then before.

He quickly retracted his gaze and gave Mag a basic judgment inwardly.

He was a normal human, but his physical strength was not bad. He was likely a 2nd-tier knight, but there weren't many traces of combat on him, so his actual combat ability was probably below the 2nd-tier.

Then, his gaze moved into the restaurant with anticipation and a tinge of nervousness.

His daughter, the one who was separated from him when she was still in the womb, the one whom he hadn't met yet, was going to meet him.

Rankster, who was afraid of nothing, was actually feeling scared right now.

He was scared that she would ask him why he didn't come to look for her all these years.

He was afraid that she would ask him why he abandoned her and her mother, and made them suffer humiliation and pain.

He was a terrible husband and a terrible father.

Yabemiya. This name was chosen by him back then, but he only mentioned it casually. He didn't expect her to remember it and name their daughter that.

Rankster walked past Mag calmly as he stepped into the restaurant, but he was stunned and his footsteps faltered when his gaze landed on Yabemiya, who was smiling at the side.

Yabemiya was standing there with smiling eyes, but he was instantly reminded of that maiden that he met among the flowers back then.

She was 18 years old back then and her life was ruined after she met him.

Countless memories flashed across his mind. He thought he was already emotionless and wouldn't be affected by emotions anymore, but he only realized he was lying to himself right at that moment.

"This way please, Sir. The customers behind you need to come in too." Miya's voice interrupted his memories.

"Y-yes." Rankster nodded and smiled at Yabemiya unnaturally before sitting down at an empty seat at the side.

"This man is so weird," Miya glanced at Rankster and murmured inwardly, but she soon retracted her thoughts and continued to welcome the customers into the restaurant and take their orders.

Rankster swiftly regained his calmness after sitting down. He seemed to be sizing up Yabemiya inconspicuously. Watching her move around familiarly, he felt a little heartache and a little relief.

She must have had a hard time all these years.

However, the Golden Dragon's bloodline in her had been completely activated. She was already a pure Golden Dragon and her royal blood was extremely pure.

And according to Elizabeth, Yabemiya had only activated her bloodline for less than six months and she had already reached the 5th-tier. Her natural talent was even above Elizabeth's back then.

She was indeed his daughter. With such a talent, only she could sit on the Golden Throne in the future.

Very soon, he began to plan the route for Yabemiya's advancement in his mind, including the techniques and cultivation methods to teach at her current tier, gaining experience at some secret locations and catching a magic beast to be her guardian.

"Sir, may I ask what would you like to have?" A familiar voice spoke up.

Chapter 2254: The Princess Collector

Rankster looked up and met Yabemiya's eyes. He instantly stood like a child who had made a mistake and said to Miya with an unnatural expression, "I-I want to order..."

Miya felt amused by his reaction. He was already so old, so he couldn't be ordering food for himself in a restaurant for the first time, right? However, she still gently said, "The menu is here. You can order whatever dishes you'd like to have."

Rankster looked at the menu and calmed down as he said, "Then, I'll have one helping of every single dish."

Recommended for you

"You won't be able to finish all this food by yourself. Wastage is not permitted in Mamy Restaurant, so I cannot order all the dishes for you." Miya put down her notebook and seriously said to Rankster, "Food is very precious and my boss' time is even more precious. Many more customers are waiting for their turn to eat."

Rankster looked at the way Miya was trying to lecture him and felt rather amused and exasperated. Did this lass think that her boss is the most important person? Couldn't he, the King of the Frost Dragons order a table full of dishes?

Rankster sat down again and smilingly asked Miya, "Then, could you tell me what I should order, young lady? This is my first time here, so I'm not very sure."

In principle, Mag didn't allow them to recommend dishes to the customers.

It was to give the customers more freedom to choose and reduce their workload.

However, this mister gave her a special feeling. Perhaps, it was because he looked lonely, because he had come to eat alone? Or perhaps it was because she was amused and yet felt bad for him at the same time when he stood up in a fluster?

After pondering for a while, she pointed at the 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall' and said, "If you want to nourish your body, you can order a helping of 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall'. It's super delicious and it'll run out later."

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Rankster's mouth couldn't help but twitch when he saw that 10,000 copper coins price tag, which was much higher than the other dishes.

This was indeed his dear daughter.

However, he still nodded smilingly. "Alright, I'll order a helping of 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall'. What else, then?"

"Is your taste light, or do you like spicy food?" Miya asked again.

"I'm fine with either."

"Then, you can order a helping of sweet and savory red braised pork, a helping of the eggplant with garlic sauce that goes well with rice, and one helping of crispy and tender beggar's chicken. That should be quite enough." Miya asked Rankster, "Would it be too much for you?"

Rankster nodded and said, "It's fine. I can order more if it's not enough."

To a giant dragon, this amount of food wasn't much.

"Alright. Please wait for a moment." Miya nodded and moved onto the next customer.

Rankster looked at Miya's busy figure with an increasingly gentle gaze and a fatherly smile.

Amy propped her head on Ugly Duckling's head, pointed her little finger at Rankster and whispered, "Big Sister Annie, do you see that mister looking at Big Sister Miya with a weird intention?"

"An old lecher?" Angela happened to walk by and saw Rankster when she looked at where Amy was pointing.

It was still alright. He looked like a prim and proper mister. His gaze wasn't improper, instead it looked rather gentle like an elder.

Harrison chuckled and said to Gjerj, "The Spicy Escargots look quite good. Georgina went to visit her grandma today, so we can have a few drinks. The rum is a good thing."

"You can have more. I have to put my little princess Christy to bed tonight, so I can't drink too much," Gjerj shook his head and replied, but his tone of voice was rather smug.

Harrison patted his chest and said, "Tsk. I'll go put the little princess to bed tonight too. I'll guard her."

"You're not worthy." Gjerj rejected him without any hesitation.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Hmph. I'lI have one myself in two years," Harrison said angrily. It was true that he was envious.

He wasn't envious when he saw his boys previously. Instead, he was even feeling a hint of schädenfreude.

1

However, ever since little Christy was born, Harrison watched her grow up, become cuter and call Gjergj 'daddy' adorably, he was indeed getting jealous.

"When do you and Georgina intend to get married?" Gjerj asked.

"We have to wait till next year. She said she will bring me to meet her father some time later. I'm feeling a little scared. What should I do?" Harrison was feeling uneasy.

"Are you afraid her father will call you bro?" Gjerj teased.

"Scram! Am I that old?!"

"Hehe. You have found yourself a young wife. Indeed, as long as a man works hard enough, his wife could still be underage."

"Georgina has come of age! She just had her birthday two days ago," Harrison said gravely.

"Yo, can you guys do the deed now?"

"Scram!"

Rankster looked at the two human fatties sitting next to him. He thought he could have his meal alone leisurely. He didn't expect to share the table with three other people, two of them were even very talkative.

"I, Rankster, have never shared tables with anyone..."

He didn't voice out his thoughts eventually because the fourth person was brought to the table by Miya.

The rules of Mamy Restaurant was that the customers allowed the sharing of tables by default.

The elves were sitting at the same table with the demons, so it didn't seem to be such a big deal for him to share a table with the humans.

"What magic does this restaurant have? How did it make so many customers so obedient? That boss' power was only so-so," Rankster murmured inwardly. His gaze swept across the service staff in the restaurant and he seemed taken aback.

That maiden of an unknown race over there was actually a 9th-tier water magic caster. With that kind of power at her age, she was definitely an excellent outlier on the Norland Continent.

The maiden standing next to the counter and using spatial magic to serve the dishes, was an 8th-tier magic caster, and she was an extremely rare spatial magic caster.

That naturally seductive little succubus also had an 8th-tier power.

And that little half-elf girl holding an orange cat behind the counter was... 7th-tier?!

Rankster's eyes almost popped out of his eye sockets.

That little girl was only about three or four years old and yet she was already a 7th-tier magic caster!

No. Judging from the magic waves in her body, she was about to break through the threshold to an 8th-tier magic caster.

What terrible natural gift was that?!

A 9th-tier water magic caster, an 8th-tier spatial magic caster and an 8th-tier succubus were working as service staff in this tiny restaurant, and there was also this gifted half-elf magic caster. He couldn't help sizing up Mag again.

Who exactly was he? How did he gather them here and make them work as a humble server willingly?"

Mag didn't know what Rankster was thinking now, otherwise he would tell Rankster that what he saw only scratched the surface.

There were also Sally the current leader of the Wind Forest, Connie the chieftain of the orcs, Camilla the new chief of the vampires, Babla the princess of the Moon Nation, Gina the princess of the merfolk and Elizabeth and Yabemiya, your precious daughters...

The princess collector. He had indeed lived up to his name.

Chapter 2255: I Will Take One Bite

Rankster was still immersed in the shock brought by the exceedingly powerful potential of the service staff and the little girl in this restaurant, when a voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Your 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall', red braised pork, beggar's chicken and the eggplant with garlic sauce." Miya placed the dishes on her tray in front of Rankster and opened the cover of the little urn that contained the 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall'.

A rich meaty aroma surged out instantly.

This was the first 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall' that was ordered that night. The meaty aroma spread instantly and many customers looked over.

Meanwhile, Rankster who was sitting in front of the 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall', looked dazed right now.

This smells so good!

There was a mesmerizing liquor aroma in the midst of the meaty aroma. He simply couldn't imagine what kind of ingredients were used and how it was cooked to make such an aromatic and rich soup.

"I'm afraid that even the gods and buddhas would climb over the wall when they smell this..." Rankster murmured as he instantly understood the meaning behind the dish's name.

There were all kinds of ingredients floating in the thick brown soup. They were visually soft but they still maintained their shapes. They didn't break apart due to the long cooking process.

Rankster wasn't particular towards food. Becoming stronger constantly was his goal. As for food, as long as it was edible.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

However, he felt a craving for this soup right now.

"Thud." Miya knocked on the beggar's chicken's mud casing gently with a small wooden hammer and cracks appeared all over it. Then, it opened up like a lotus flower and revealed the golden beggar's chicken inside it.

The roast chicken's aroma spread after the mud casing was removed and Rankster couldn't help shifting his gaze over.

"This roast chicken looks great too!" Rankster's eyes lit up. The golden roast chicken that was glistening had an enticing smell. It still maintained its unique aroma even under the suppression of the 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall'.

"Please enjoy." Miya put away the hammer and walked to the kitchen.

Rankster brought the little pot over and scooped a spoonful of soup into his mouth.

The liquor aroma had seeped into the soup and it filled his taste buds gradually. He couldn't differentiate if that mesmerizing taste was liquor or soup at that moment.

How did the taste of so many scrumptious ingredients get into this tiny mouthful of soup? Not only was it not abrupt, the rich layers were intoxicating. This was a master level's cooking technique.

He ate another mouthful of meat. The soft and tender chicken had a rich meaty aroma. It was soft but not mushy when chewed, and there was an endless aftertaste.

He scooped up a piece of shark's fin and the smooth shark's fin glided into his mouth immediately. The shark's fin that was soaked by the soup had a very special texture and beautiful taste. It brought a completely different experience from the chicken.

Rankster felt a mild numbness on his scalp and sweat appeared on his forehead. He had never experienced such extreme tastiness before.

The whole small pot of 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall' ended up in his stomach very quickly.

He put down the clean little soup pot and licked his lips, wishing for more.

Looking at the clean pot, he felt surprised and amused at the same time.

Harrison and Gjerj raised their eyebrows in shock.

This mister gulped down the 10,000-copper coins-per-helping 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall' as if he was just drinking a bowl of hot soup before his main course.

Unfortunately, they had no idea that to Rankster, this was already a very refined way of eating. After all, he was using a spoon for the first time in his life.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Could it be that I have been alone for too long?" Rankster thought as he picked up that golden roast chicken.

The roast chicken wasn't small. If they measured the food portion for humans, it was just enough for one meal for an adult.

Rankster tore a chicken thigh off and then bit off half of it with a single bite.

The crispy chicken skin broke off easily and the tender chicken meat dissolved in his mouth. The fattiness and freshness that belonged to a chicken blossomed instantaneously on the taste buds on the tip of his tongue immediately.

Before he could chew, the chicken slid down his throat like a naughty little chick.

It was tender and tasted unique. This unexpected scrumptiousness stumped Rankster.

Different from the chicken in the 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall', this chicken had a roasted fragrance which elevated the meat into the main character.

"Amazing!" Rankster relaxed his eyebrows, feeling captivated by this chicken.

He ate the remaining half chicken drumstick. He even chewed and swallowed the crispy chicken bone.

"Gulp." Harrison's Adam apple moved; he was just casually looking at this mister who looked righteous but ate ravenously.

However, the way that he ate... looked rather appetizing. It made them feel hungry.

Gjerj gave him a look, hinting to him not to stare at Rankster.

Judging from the way he ate, this gentleman shouldn't be a human.

The orcs retained certain orcs' characteristics even when they resembled humans, like the kitten ears of the kitten-eared woman and the bushy tail of the vixen lady.

The majority of the demons didn't bother to look like humans. They had a proud sense of racial superiority.

Therefore, this gentleman most likely came from Dragon Island and was a giant dragon.

A giant dragon wasn't to be messed around with. They shouldn't try to antagonize a giant dragon even when they were in Chaos City.

Harrison retracted his gaze and turned to look at the kitchen, wondering when his dishes would be served.

Rankster finished the whole beggar's chicken before gulping down the entire glass of water at the side. He felt rather sated.

He seemed to understand why these maidens chose to stay on in this restaurant now. He deemed this boss' culinary skills to be the strongest that he had ever encountered.

As for his earlier thoughts, he had completely forgotten about them.

A chef with such extraordinary culinary skills must have spent the majority of his efforts on improving his culinary skills, so he couldn't be Alex.

Since he wasn't Alex, it didn't matter who he was. He was just an ordinary man to him.

Then, he turned his gaze to the remaining red braised pork and the eggplant with garlic sauce.

The eggplant with garlic sauce looked just like a fish, but if he looked closer, he would realize that it wasn't a fish but a whole eggplant that was carved out to look like a fish.

"A vegetarian dish?" Rankster frowned.

He killed, drank alcohol and ate meat from the time that he was born. He had never eaten vegetarian food before.

He had never eaten any vegetarian food even during his worst time at the bottom of the ravine.

He looked up and saw the busy Yabemiya. When he thought that this was the dish that she had highly recommended, he picked up the chopsticks with hesitation.

"For Miya's sake, I will take one bite." He picked up a bit of eggplant and popped it into his mouth.

Chapter 2256: I-is That Him?

Sour, spicy, sweet, savory, these four tastes exploded almost simultaneously in his mouth. Each taste was so distinct but they actually blended together in such harmony.

The soft eggplant melted almost immediately in Rankster's mouth. After the wild palate feast experienced by his taste buds, Rankster swallowed it and there was a lingering fragrance in his mouth.

"This taste... is so meaty! Even a real fish couldn't match its taste!" Rankster narrowed his eyes. Staring at that eggplant with garlic sauce, he couldn't help reaching out with his chopsticks with a hesitant and resistant expression.

"Just one bite? Just one more bite!"

"Mmm... it's so good!"

"One more bite."

"It's a little salty?"

"How about a mouthful of rice? Just one bite!"

"They are so compatible. Let's finish them both."

"This red braised pork is also so delicious. It's soft and mushy and the sauce is a little sweet."

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

The three meat dishes, one vegetarian dish and one big pot of rice in front of Rankster were all finished when Harrison's dishes were served.

Rankster rubbed his stomach, feeling only 30% full.

Therefore, he raised his hands again.

"Sir... You're already done?" Yabemiya walked over and looked at the empty plates in front of Rankster with shock.

Rankster nodded with a smile. "Yes. I would like to order another round of the dishes again."

Miya shook her head and said, "You can reorder the other dishes except 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall', which is limited to one helping per customer. You can switch to another dish, like the Peking Duck."

"Alright. I will have that then." Rankster nodded. After some pondering, he said again, "Then, I'll change the other three dishes too..."

Rankster eventually ordered all the dishes on the menu and finished all of them for this meal.

"Mister, you're so awesome. You did the feat that I want to do but cannot achieve." Harrison, who was watching the whole time, gave a thumbs-up to Rankster, who was rubbing his stomach in satisfaction.

Rankster smiled and got up suavely to settle his bill. He held onto his takeaway fried rice and glanced at Yabemiya before leaving the restaurant.

"That's the first customer who has finished all the items on our menu, right?" Babla said with amazement.

"Yes. His appetite is astonishing. It isn't an easy feat to support himself." Angela nodded. She would have starved to death on the Demon Islands if she had his appetite.

"This mister... is quite interesting," Miya murmured to herself with a smile.

However, their busy work soon made them forget about this little episode.

***

Rankster smilingly asked Elizabeth, who was nibbling on the fried rice, "So, those maidens stayed to work in the restaurant because they get to eat the boss' dishes for free daily?"

Elizabeth paused and looked at Rankster with a funny expression. After thinking seriously for a moment,she answered, "Yes, and no. Although the scrumptious food is one of the reasons that they stayed on for, the main reason which made them willing to let go of their original identities and stay on in the restaurant, to do that seemingly simple job, is the restaurant's ambiance that feels like a home."

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"The ambiance that feels like a home." Rankster was thoughtful. He looked at Elizabeth quietly for a while. "Have you worked in Mamy Restaurant before?"

"Cough, cough, cough..." Elizabeth suddenly choked and coughed.

Rankster quickly conjured up a glass of ice water and gave it to her.

Elizabeth took a few sips and calmed down. Looking at the glass of ice water, she calmly said, "This would be a glass of warm water if it was Boss Mag."

Rankster scratched his head and embarrassedly chuckled. "I've learnt that now."

Elizabeth finished all the fried rice on the plate. She put down the spoon and asked Rankster, "Father, when do you intend to acknowledge Miya?"

Rankster's eyes became smiley when Miya was mentioned. "I just met her. She looks very well-behaved and a little like you, but her temper is milder."

"Do you think that I have a bad temper?" Elizabeth asked.

"N-no." Rankster's expression froze. "I'm just saying that life's hardships didn't make her dejected. That made me rather gratified."

"So, when do you intend to acknowledge her?"

"Today. Let's wait for her on her way back after work," Rankster replied.

"Alright." Elizabeth nodded.

"See you guys tomorrow." Mag stood at the door and waved goodbye to all the ladies. He watched the young and energetic maidens leave.

Irina stood behind Mag, holding a glass of milk and smilingly asked, "Do you think Rankster will acknowledge Miya today?"

Mag turned around and saw the milk mustache on her upper lip. He nodded with a smile. "I guess he will. He isn't a patient fellow."

"What about you?" Irina licked her lips and revealed an attractive smile.

"I'm not, either." Mag closed the door and then picked up Irina.

"I'm only toying with you. I haven't finished the milk yet," Irina said coyly.

"Don't worry. There will be plenty of it later."

3

***

There were two figures standing against the moonlight in the middle of the street, making the ladies, who were returning to the dormitory, put their guard up.

Yabemiya halted her steps and her eyes lit up when she saw those two figures. However, she became a little panicked when her gaze landed on that strapping figure.

"It's Elizabeth?!" Gina exclaimed and let down her guard.

"It's indeed Elizabeth!" Everyone quickly ascertained who the maiden on the side was.

However, Babla narrowed her eyes when she saw the man standing next to Elizabeth.

It was a familiar aura. She had seen that man on the battle front at the extreme north.

Rankster, the frost dragon that created a big problem for the allied forces, who was also Elizabeth's father.

What was he doing here in Chaos City? Why was he blocking their way?

"Ladies... please go back first. I would like to be alone with Elizabeth for a while," Miya said.

Although the ladies were a little perplexed when they heard Miya's words, they still returned to the dormitory after they greeted Elizabeth.

Only three people were left on the street.

"Miya!" Elizabeth strode forward and hugged Miya.

When she was on the brink of death at the frontline on the ice sheets, she had thought of Miya, her little sister, who was one of the few people that still loved and cared for her in this world.

"Big Sister." Yabemiya also hugged her tightly. Her constant worries and longing finally had a perfect ending now. It was naturally best that her big sister was fine.

Then, her gaze landed on that strapping figure. There were already tears glistening in her eyes when she softly asked, "I-is that him?"

Chapter 2257: This Is My Decision

"Father." What a strange and yet desired form of address.

She had once huddled in her mother's arms and asked what kind of person her father was.

She said he was a tall and mighty man, and a hero. He would return one day, riding on a colorful cloud and bring them away for a good life.

Mother didn't survive that cold winter and would never get to see her hero again.

Now, she saw him.

He was indeed tall and mighty, but there was no colorful cloud and he wasn't the hero in her heart.

Elizabeth let go of Miya, looked at Rankster and said, "Yes, Miya. This is our father."

"Miya..." Rankster took a step forward.

Miya teared up and sobbingly said, "W-why... did you only appear now..."

She had once thought she would be very happy, but when she really met this man, all she could think of was her mother who had died on that cold winter night.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

It was only a small ailment, but how could her frail body have pulled through hunger and coldness?

Where was her hero at that time?

Rankster's footsteps halted suddenly. He felt guilt and self-reproach when he saw the crying Yabemiya.

Elizabeth stood at the side and pursed her lips in silence, watching Miya with a pained gaze.

"She... Your mother. Did she talk to you about me?" Rankster asked softly.

"She said that you are her hero and will come back to fetch us on a colorful cloud one day." Miya shook her head at Rankster and sobbed. "But you lied to her. Do you know how difficult it is for a human woman to live in Chaos City with a half-dragon child?

"You told her to wait for you and she did, year after year. All her best years were pinned on your ethereal promise."

Rankster clenched his fists tightly subconsciously and said with deep self-reproach, "I'm sorry, Miya. I've let you and your mother down."

An outstanding woman like her would have had a bright future if she hadn't met him back then, but she had spent the rest of her life in misery because of him.

Miya looked at Rankster and walked forward slowly. His stoic and handsome face was filled with self-reproach and pain right now.

She stood still and looked at the man in front of her. The man whom her mother loved to death and waited for her whole life.

Just like that, all the grievances and blame suddenly dissipated.

"Mother, have you forgiven him? Or, have you never blamed him before?" She stared at the glowing ring hanging on the necklace around her neck and was dazed for a while.

The ring seemed to have a spirit. It floated away from Miya's chest, got away from the string and flew towards Rankster.

"This is..." Rankster looked at the ring hovering in front of him, stunned. He reached out with his right hand and gently grasped that ring.

The silver ring had an ice crystal embedded in it. This was their token of love and the only thing that he had given her back then.

Although it wasn't exceedingly expensive, it would be enough to let the mother-and-daughter duo survive in Chaos City if she had sold it.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

The white glow on the silver ring got dimmer gradually until it disappeared.

Rankster felt something in his heart disappear along with it too. He felt an emptiness.

Yabemiya also looked at the sky with tears in her eyes, but she blinked the tears away. Mother hated to see her cry when she was small. She shouldn't cry at this final moment either.

After a long time, Rankster put down his hand and walked to Yabemiya. He crouched down and hugged her gently.

Miya's emotions finally exploded at this moment.

She hugged Rankster tightly, as though she was afraid to lose him again, or perhaps, she wanted to express all her longing.

So, this was how a father's embrace felt like. It was indeed very warm, secure and safe.

Miya let go and took two steps back. She looked up at Rankster with an energetic smile and clearly said, "Father, I am Miya, Yabemiya."

Rankster looked at Yabemiya's smile in a daze before smiling too. He placed his right hand on top of Miya's head and gently said, "From today on, you are Yabemiya Cleveland, the princess of the Frost Dragons."

"Yabemiya Cleveland..." Yabemiya repeated her name gently and the smile on her face became even brighter.

"Miya, come back with us to Frost Dragon Island. Father wants to live with your sister and you," Rankster said to Miya. He owed the two sisters a lot, so he wanted to spend more time and care for them. He also wanted to teach them how to cultivate and grow.

Miya shook her head and said to Rankster with a convicted gaze, "Father, I don't want to return to Dragon Island. I want to stay in Chaos City."

"Why?" Rankster frowned slightly. "Don't you want to return with me?"

"No. I just don't want to leave Chaos City and the restaurant." Miya shook her head and smilingly said to Rankster, "As for the reason, Father should have the answer after tasting all the dishes on the menu."

Rankster was embarrassed as he looked at the amused smile on Miya's face. He didn't expect this girl to recognize him.

"Although Mamy Restaurant's food is indeed very delicious, as a giant dragon, gaining a greater power and seeing the bigger world and sky out there, are what we should be doing. We can't stay in a comfortable place for too long," Rankster said gravely.

"So, that's why you left back then? For a bigger sky?" Miya asked him in return instead.

"..." Rankster.

"I don't want unparalleled power and I don't like the vast and strange sky and world out there, I like Mamy Restaurant. I like everyone here. I like the dishes that Boss makes and every child who comes to the ice cream shop," Miya said with a serious and convincing expression. "This is the life I want to have. I want to stay here. This is my decision."

Rankster looked at Miya, as though he had seen that stubborn maiden again.

The past events surged in his mind and his heart wavered too.

Yes. What was the point of getting stronger?

The women he loved were all gone. He was left all alone.

There was no one else to drink with him even when he was invincible.

Boring, boring.

"Father, you can stay in Chaos City for some time. I guess you will like it here too and we can get to see each other every day," Miya smilingly said.

"Alright, I will stay here for some time." Rankster nodded in agreement.

Chapter 2258: Boss Would Want To Hit Someone If He Heard That

Elizabeth watched this scene smilingly. She looked at Miya with a consoled and respectful gaze.

Miya said out what she wanted bravely and insisted on it.

She didn't have that kind of courage.

She had been pinned with great hopes ever since she was young.

They all wanted her to become somebody, but nobody asked if she would like to become that somebody.

"I-I want to stay behind too," Elizabeth said.

Miya and Rankster turned to look at her at the same time.

Miya's eyes lit up as if she already knew something.

Meanwhile, Rankster was a little perplexed. He said to Elizabeth, "Elizabeth, you want to stay in Chaos City too?"

Elizabeth looked into Rankster's eyes and gravely said, "No. I mean I want to stay in Mamy Restaurant too."

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

This time, she wanted to voice out her actual thoughts too.

It was Rankster's turn to be dumbfounded now.

Both his precious daughters were going to stay in Mamy Restaurant as servers?

The daughters of Rankster, the princesses of the Frost Dragons, were going to stay in Mamy Restaurant and be servers?

"Great, Sister. You'll continue to stay with me." Miya had already run over and hugged Elizabeth's arm happily with a bright smile.

Elizabeth patted Miya's hand, but her gaze was still fixed on Rankster.

She had already killed Fox and was the candidate for the next chief of the Frost Dragons.

On their way to Chaos City, Rankster had already discussed the matter of her taking over the Frost Dragons with her. He intended to groom her to take over the position of chief in the next two years.

Yes. Nobody cared if she was willing to do it again. They simply thought that she was suitable to take that position.

Hence, she wanted to tell her father that she wasn't willing today. At least, she wasn't willing now.

Compared to that icy Frost Throne, she much preferred Mamy Restaurant's comfortable and warm ambiance.

Those gazes that coveted that icy throne made her unable to eat and rest in peace, but here, she could open her heart and be herself.

This was the life that she looked forward to and missed.

Once, her goal was to find her father, and now this goal was achieved. She wanted to stop for some time and stay here with Miya and all the people who cared about her.

Rankster looked at Elizabeth, the daughter who made him proud, the daughter who inherited his powerful gift and combat ability. He seemed to have never understood her either.

"You may stay if you want to." Rankster nodded, going along with her wishes.

He found out how much Elizabeth had suffered when she was looking for him after he returned from the ice sheets at the extreme north. He couldn't make her carry on his ambition and will anymore.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Mamy Restaurant was really a weird place. It made both his daughters refuse to go home.

Miya hugged Elizabeth's arm and said to Rankster, "Father, do you have a place to stay? If you do, I will go back to sleep first with Sister. See you tomorrow then."

"I do." Rankster nodded and wanted to continue speaking.

"See you tomorrow then..." However, before he could speak, the two maidens went away hand in hand and turned into an alley at the side.

"These two girls..." Rankster chuckled. He put down his hand slowly and gently murmured to himself as he looked at the ring in his hand, "Don't worry. I will protect her for the rest of her life."

"Mother left this ring to me, so I'm taking it with me." Miya ran back and took the ring back from Rankster before hugging him gently and smilingly said, "Goodnight, Father." Then, she ran away again.

Rankster looked at Miya's back and chuckled. This girl's character was livelier than Elizabeth. He couldn't get used to it yet.

However, this feeling... was not bad. He felt he had just gained a mischievous sweetheart.

***

Miya hugged Elizabeth's arm tightly and softly said, "Sister, I have been worried about you."

"I'm fine. I simply went to look for Father." Elizabeth shook her head with a smile, but she sensed Miya's intention and felt warm inwardly.

Miya took out the key to open the dormitory's door. After she pushed open the door, there was a loud bang and confetti burst out.

"Welcome home, Elizabeth!!!"

Elizabeth and Yabemiya stood at the door and looked at everyone standing in the living room with a cake smilingly, in a daze.

"Wow, it's a surprise!" Miya's eyes lit up.

"Everyone..." There was a faint gleam in Elizabeth's eyes. She suddenly felt a little cold and her nose felt a little stuffy.

So, apart from Miya, there were still so many people who cared for her and doted on her.

"It's cold outside. Come on in." Gina stepped forward, took Elizabeth's hand and pulled her into the room.

Miya closed the door and there was only warmth in the living room.

"You have been gone for so long and I missed you." Gina gave her a hug first. Her body felt soft and comfortable.

Babla stepped forward and said with a blush, "Although I'm not good at expressing myself like this, I-I will still give you a hug."

Elizabeth hugged her back with a smile and softly replied in her ear, "Thank you."

Hannah went forward and said with a chuckle, "Big Sister Elizabeth. I'll treat you to some liquor later. I have the best rum."

"Sure." Elizabeth nodded.

"Big Sister Elizabeth, it's great that you are back." Jane went forward to hug Elizabeth with a sincere smile too.

"Good girl." Elizabeth patted Jane's head smilingly. Although Goldihorn didn't say much, she had always been well-behaved.

Angela was last to come forward. She gave Elizabeth a hug too. However, after hugging her, she softly mumbled, "She looks cold, but she feels soft and warm. It's so comfortable... Hmm... so big!"

Elizabeth's body stiffened slightly.

Angela took a step and smilingly said to Elizabeth and Miya, "Miya, I feel so scared sleeping alone at night. Can I sleep with both of you?"

"Sure." Miya nodded innocently.

"No way!" Elizabeth rejected her decisively.

"Alright. We'll sleep together when we get the chance." Angela shrugged. She didn't insist on it.

"Let's eat the cake now," Gina said.

"Where did this cake come from?" Miya asked with surprise.

She had been learning to bake cakes recently, but she wasn't successful yet. So, who made this cake?

"Me." Gina raised her hand and smilingly said, "I made it with ice cream. It's an ice cream cake."

"We only had very little time, so we came up with this idea." Angela interrupted.

"It looks delicious." Hannah swallowed her saliva.

Miya suppressed her laughter as she said, "Boss would want to hit someone if he heard that..."

Chapter 2259: Retirement Lifestyle

Early next morning, Mag heard someone knock on the door and he saw Miya and Elizabeth standing outside when he opened it. He showed shock and surprise on his face as he smilingly said to Elizabeth, "You're back?"

"Yes. I'm back." Elizabeth nodded and her cold face had a smile too.

There was no long speech or any exaggerated reaction. There was just a simple 'You're back' and it made Elizabeth choke up.

Yes. There was still a place that expected her to return and people who still missed her.

Mag let the two of them in and poured two glasses of warm water for them as he said, "You guys came early today, so take a seat first. You can look through the menu first. There are some new products released recently. Tell me if you have something you'd like to eat later."

"Mm-hm." Elizabeth nodded with a smile and sat down at a table close to the kitchen with Yabemiya.

She flipped open the menu and there were indeed a few more dishes added to it. There were soup dumplings and shaved noodles, which didn't look bad.

Miya recommended dishes to her. "You can have a steamer of soup dumplings and a bowl of shaved noodles. They taste great together."

Mag went into the kitchen and looked at the sisters through the glass window. He was thinking that there should have been a touching father-and-daughter reunion last night.

He had thought that Rankster would bring Miya away. After all, he was a proud fellow. How was he going to allow his daughters to work as servers in the restaurant?

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

However, not only did Miya stay, Elizabeth returned as well.

Even though he didn't know what happened, Mag could already imagine Rankster's angry expression.

To the restaurant that was short on manpower, Elizabeth's return was naturally a good thing.

Connie was busy with the restructuring of the Twilight Forest and Camilla went back to be the queen of the vampires. They were in need of people.

"Oh yes. Sister, do you know that Annie has become even more awesome recently? She has already become a very famous illustrator." Miya got up and took a Little Mermaid picture book from the counter.

Elizabeth looked at the exquisite picture book and said with amazement, "Annie drew this?"

Miya nodded and replied, "Yes. This is just one of them. She has drawn many of them and they are selling very well. They are in short supply every day."

Elizabeth flipped through the picture book and praised it. "It's awesome."

During breakfast, Mag announced Elizabeth's return officially.

"Let's stay for supper after tonight's dinner service to celebrate Elizabeth's return," Mag declared.

Amy munched on a bun and nodded as she said, "Sure. I'll try not to sleep after supper."

Mag said to all of them, "There's something else. You guys said you wanted to register to be part-time teachers at Hope School previously. Have you guys thought it through? Who among you wants to register? I'm going to check on the school's construction process after the breakfast service, so I can hand in the list then as well."

"I do." Gina was the first to register.

"I'm afraid I will spank those disobedient little ones uncontrollably, so I can give one to two lessons per week. I need to use the rest of the time to calm my emotions down." Babla raised her hand up.

Hannah said she wanted to teach the children how to brew rum. This was a very professional skill, even Mag hadn't learnt everything yet and had to ask Hannah to confirm.

Shirley wanted to be the teacher of archery. As an outstanding elven archer, she was very happy to impart her archery skills to the children.

Miya was very enthusiastic, but she couldn't figure out what she could teach the children, even after thinking for a long time. Hence, she could only give up.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"I think Annie could teach the children drawing. She can draw so well, so the children will definitely like her." Miya suggested.

Everyone's gaze landed on Annie who was munching on the soup dumpling.

Annie halted and looked up at all of them with an agape mouth and a befuddled expression.

"Annie, do you want to be a little teacher?" Mag asked her smilingly.

With Annie's current drawing techniques and skills, it was more than enough for her to be an arts teacher.

Annie was taken back before she shook her head and replied with sign language, "I-I don't know how to teach others to draw."

"Mmm. Forget it then. Let's wait till Annie wants to teach others how to draw." Mag nodded with a smile and didn't insist.

Annie still couldn't talk now, so this was a great obstacle to teaching.

During breakfast service, Mag saw Rankster again. He was dressed like the rich merchant from yesterday.

Mag could sense a faint hostility from him. Obviously, he minded that Mag got his two daughters to work as his service staff.

However, even though he was a little hostile, he kept eating the soup dumplings. It didn't affect his appetite at all.

"Seems like I need to go get a house first. It needs to be big to accommodate both the children. Of course, I stayed here for the kids and not for the food." Rankster walked out of Mamy Restaurant and narrowed his eyes comfortably when the sunlight fell on his face.

Line up, eat breakfast, watch his children work.

He never seemed to have such an easy life before.

"What should I do next? Mmm... Let's go chat with an old friend. Urien seems to live over there? He was merciless the last time we fought..." Rankster mumbled as he walked towards the magic potion shop.

He needed some time to get used to this retirement lifestyle.

1

***

Mag made a trip to Hope School. The four storey teaching building was already being built. The Night Elves construction team had demonstrated their professionalism.

Hundreds of elves with specific jobs worked energetically and rapidly builded.

Many teachers on their break were watching from afar and they made amazed sounds every now and then.

The elves were elegant and sophisticated in many people's impression, but it was easy to neglect their gift in construction. If they had gone to see those exquisite buildings behind the textile factory's walls, they would be shocked beyond words.

Mag confirmed the construction's process with the construction team's leader and ascertained the time to move all the kitchenware and furniture. He also made sure that the construction team could evacuate in time and wouldn't affect the school's reopening.

Then, Mag asked a teacher about the location of the principal's office.

"Please come in." Mag heard a familiar voice as soon as he finished knocking. He pushed open the door and entered.

Luna looked up from a pile of documents and showed an expression of surprise when she saw Mag come in. She put down the pen and stood up. "Mr. Mag, what brings you here?"

"I came to check on the construction's progress and discuss some matters with you. Did I bother you?" Mag asked smilingly.

"It's fine. I'm just ascertaining some construction items. Please have a seat here."

Luna asked Mag to take a seat while she made a cup of tea for him.

Chapter 2260: The Double-Flavored Hot Pot Is My Bottom Line

"The ladies from the restaurant would like to be part-time teachers as well? Of course I would welcome them. They are all very outstanding ladies that are all good at something."

Luna, who was sitting opposite Mag, was surprised and delighted to hear the reason for Mag's visit.

Luna had taken part in a few of Mamy Restaurant's gatherings so she knew the ladies of the restaurant and knew them well.

"Babla said that she wanted to be a tutor for spatial magic. However, she can only have two classes a week. Oh right, she is an 8th-tier spatial magic caster.

"Gina says she wants to be a music teacher. She is fine as long as the lesson timing doesn't clash with the working hours of the restaurant.

"Shirley wants to teach the children archery. Is there an archery class in the school?

"Hannah wants to teach the children how to brew wine but wine brewing is something even more difficult than cooking. On top of that, brewing rum requires a very large area and the process is also very complicated. I find it a little unsuitable for children."

Mag listed what the ladies said.

Luna replied with a smile, "We were still stressed about not being able to hire good magic casting teachers. If Babla is willing to come, there's no problem with two lessons a week. After all, spatial magic casters are very rare.

"Gina sings very well and if she could be a music teacher, I can arrange four large lectures for her each week. This way, I doubt it would affect her work arrangements.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"We do have archery classes but we are indeed short of teachers. It would be great if Shirley could come.

"However, we don't have a wine brewing career on the campus. Hannah is an excellent brewer but I'm afraid we currently do not have the space and sufficient teaching capabilities to support this profession."

Mag nodded. It was just as he expected. He asked, "In that case, when can the ladies go for the test?"

"Tomorrow will be the last day for all the teachers' tests. Do you think nine in the morning would work?" Luna asked.

"Sure. I'll let them know to go over for the test tomorrow morning. I shall not disturb you at work." Mag stood up and left.

Luna stood in her office and watched as Mag disappeared into the long corridor, before closing the door and returning to her seat.

Now that the school was opening, many administrative matters had been stacking up and that made her hands full.

Thankfully, there were many outstanding experienced teachers among the teaching staff, so most of the school's opening matters were more or less settled. The name list for the first batch of students was also out.

There would be more than 2300 new students joining Hope School this semester.

***

"Teacher Luna looked rather tired. Should I send her a helping of the 'Buddha Jumps Over the Wall' later?" Mag thought to himself as he rode out from the campus.

She must have been exhausted as her face was pale and the dark circles under her eyes were quite bad.

Mag could see all the effort she put in running the operations of such a big school alone.

If it was not for her passion for children, how could such a weak lady complete such a complicated and difficult task?

Mag was grateful to Luna and respected her.

She once protected Amy's young and pure heart in the most difficult times.

Therefore, he was willing to do many things for Luna, including helping her set up Hope School to give something else other than food to these children.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

***

"I'm so bored... So this is what it feels like to be Queen. This is so boring." Camilla sat at the tallest tower of her castle, enjoying the sea breeze as she swirled the red wine in her glass.

A long, black dress hugged her long legs, which were propped up on her rocking chair and as she rocked gently, her full blossoms swayed with her.

"It is rather boring. Therefore, I intend to go to Chaos City. I'll leave everything here to you," Dracula said with a smile as he appeared beside her.

"No! Uncle, please bring me along!" Camilla jumped up from her chair and looked at Dracula with pleading eyes.

"Are you thinking of leaving your throne behind to become a service staff member?" Dracula looked at Camilla with a strange expression.

Although she had not told him why she went to Mamy Restaurant to be a service staff member, this seemed like she was a little masochistic.

"In that case, are you intending to forgo the delicious blood to eat grass in Mamy Restaurant?" Camilla mocked.

Dracula was filled with awkwardness as he retorted, "It's a fish!"

"Although it is shaped like a fish, it is still an eggplant and is in the same category as grass." Camilla corrected him. "On top of that, I was the one who cut the eggplant!"

Dracula thought for a while and said with a nod, "Alright. Since the peace accord has been signed, I doubt anyone would cause any trouble right now. Let's have some fun in Chaos City."

"Let's go! Right now!" Camilla said excitedly.

After staying in the Demon Islands for the past few days, Camilla had been drinking several lousy types of blood that were making her lose her taste. She was even starting to miss Mag's taste.

Oh, it's the taste of his cooking.

Besides, she should return to retrieve the Photostone that belonged to her.

After all, she was someone with status right now. As the Chief of the Vampires, how could she allow her dark history to be left in the hands of a human man?

The thought of that Photostone made Camilla blush all of a sudden.

***

"What are we having today? Let's have hot pot. Royal Mother. let's go eat." In the grand hall, Vanessa pulled Syndra's hand and said expectantly, "Mana Hot Pot Restaurant has pretty good hot pot too. It's opened by Boss Mag and Big Sister Rena. The food there is cheap and the place is spacious too. If we go there earlier, we might not have to queue and might even get a private room."

Syndra's face was no longer pale and she looked more energetic too. She held Vanessa's hand and said with a smile, "Alright, alright, alright. I'll leave it up to you. We can have whatever you want."

"Hehe. You have no idea how much I was craving for hot pot back then but my tooth issue was not resolved, so I could not eat it. Now that my teeth are fine, Uncle Abraham has eaten so many hot pots with me that he's sick of them," Vanessa said with a smile, "He happens to be arriving in Chaos City today too. We'll have hot pot together later."

Abraham, who just reached the door, was stunned. His expression changed and he wanted to retract the foot that had already taken a step into the hall.

"Uncle Abraham, you've arrived!" Vanessa had already seen him. She went up to him with a smile and said, "Tonight, we're having insanely spicy hot pot, let's go!"

"I can't do it." Abraham waved his hands quickly.

"Just super spicy then?"

"Her Majesty has just recovered. She cannot eat food that is too spicy. Why don't we order the clear soup?" Abraham suggested seriously.

"The double-flavored hot pot is my bottom line." Vanessa shook her head.

Chapter 2261: 7th-tier Golden-Eyed White Tiger!

At night, Mag coaxed the two little ones to sleep with a bedtime story. After they fell asleep, he switched the lights off and tiptoed out of the room.

"Are you intending to go out?" Irina, who was dressed in her nightgown, asked Mag.

"Mm. I want to try the gun out." Mag nodded and took out the assault rifle Xi gave him.

"She gave this to you?" Irina frowned as she looked at the assault rifle in Mag's hands. She realized that things did not seem simple and she looked at Mag investigatively as she asked, "How did you persuade her?"

"I have to make things clear, nothing happened between us!" Mag raised his hand and said, "I used a free life-time supply of red braised pork voucher in exchange for it, with another dish added in."

"You're going to make her red braised pork for the rest of your life? You didn't even promise me that." Irina pouted.

"..." Mag.

This deal was Mag's proudest deal so far.

He used red braised pork in exchange for a long-range, lethal assault rifle.

If it was someone else, no amount of red braised pork would be able to seal the deal.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Of course, that was not what women liked to hear.

"One would be sick of red braised pork sooner or later but I will make you anything you want to eat for the rest of our lives." Mag put away the assault rifle and took a step forward as he looked intently into Irina's eyes.

"Ah... this is too cheesy. Go on, go on." Irina shooed him away in disdain as she turned to walk into the room but she was still unable to hide the smile on her face.

"I'll go out then, turn in early." Mag pulled out his mask and went out through the window.

He changed into another outfit and so he did not go out dressed as Alex. Instead, he wore a simple, black combat outfit that was similar to Xi's. It was made by the System and could keep him warm.

Mag walked on the streets of Chaos City with the assault rifle.

It was deep into the night, so there was barely anyone on the streets. Ocassionally, there would be a few drunkards staggering home.

Over the past few months, the Gentlemen's League had grown in size and had become Chaos City's largest scale mercenary organization.

This was due to the gentlemen's passion for the board of gentlemen and in a short timespan of a few months, the security in Chaos City had greatly improved. Now the crime rate was very low.

That had made Chaos City a city that crime syndicates shunned.

After all, the number of gentlemen waiting hunting for criminals way surpassed that of their prey.

Mag turned a corner and witnessed a group of gentlemen beating up a drunk demon who tried to flirt with a middle-aged lady forcefully by the road. Other than that, he did not meet any other bad guys.

"Is this the power of the gentlemen? Not bad at all." Mag carried the assault rifle and leaned on a large tree nearby as he watched a few gentlemen chatting while sitting around a fire in an alley.

They were the ones who protected the peace in this area, deterring the crooks from committing crime.

The gentlemen were discussing the latest happenings at the bathhouse in the city's southern area, which succubus had the best skills, which ones are picky, and how to not appear as though it was their first time there.

Mag listened for a while and resisted his urge to join in the discussion. He turned to leave and went out of Chaos City.

After leaving the city, Mag summoned Ah Zi and they went to the magic beast mountain range.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

He heard from customers over the past couple of days that some ferocious magic beasts on the mountain range had been killing all the mercenaries who went up the mountain to pick herbs. These included 7th-tier and 8th-tier mercenaries.

Since Mag could not find suitable targets in Chaos City, he had his sight set on the magic beasts on the mountain range.

Mag did not have any compassion for those ferocious magic beasts. He would treat it as he was getting rid of danger for those mercenaries.

There were howls and growls of magic beasts coming from the mountain range in the night as though the blood-thirsty beasts had awakened.

The magic beast mountain range right now was considered deadly to the mercenaries.

The magic beasts had left their nests in search for food in the mountain range.

Other than experienced and powerful mercenaries, most mercenaries would choose to leave the magic beast mountain range before the sun sets.

If they were unlucky, they would lose their way in the mountain range and fail to leave before nightfall. When that happened, they would turn from hunters to prey.

Rose Mercenary Squad was a little out of luck today. They had accepted a herb-collecting mission and would only have to find the required herbs at the periphery of the mountain range. However, they happened to meet a 4th-tier Iron-back Bull.

Everyone had given all they had and were all injured before they managed to escape from the 4th-tier magic beast. However, they had also unconsciously barged into the depths of the mountain range.

On top of that, they got lost, as they were in a rush to flee for their lives and after walking around for a few hours, they were still stuck in the mountain range.

"Team Leader, the Thorny Shrub is up ahead. It has poisonous thorns. We can't go over," Monkey told Sivir as he jumped down from a tree. He was limping a little and his pants were stained with blood.

"I've also taken a look on this side. There hasn't been any traces of mercenaries' activities for a while. We have probably entered the danger zone." Sam walked back with a grave expression.

Upon hearing that, the members of the Rose Mercenary Squad all did not look too good.

The danger zone in the magic beast mountain range meant that they would lose their lives.

They could already imagine how things would end if they were to stay in the danger zone at night.

The Rose Mercenary Squad was merely a small mercenary group. Their team leader, Sivir, was only at the 3rd-tier. After escaping from the Iron-back Bull, Sivir was also injured and had three broken ribs. Her combat capabilities had decreased significantly.

None of the eight members of the mercenary group were confident of surviving the night in the danger zone, even if they were all fine.

Now, any 4th-tier magic beast could just kill them all.

In the depths of the magic beast mountain range, 5th-tier magic beasts could be seen everywhere.

"Get into the search formation. We will retreat back into that cave we were in just now. Guard the cave entrance. We will leave this place when day breaks." Sivir grabbed her chest as she instructed them as calmly as she could.

As the team leader, she had to be calm and make the correct judgement and decisions.

Running around the magic beast mountain range in the darkness was akin to courting death.

The members all responded positively and got ready to move.

Roar!

Just then, a tiger's roar came from the dense vegetation ahead. The sound waves swept through the trees like a gust of strong wind, shaking the mercenaries and making their ears ring.

Monkey and Sam, who were not as strong as the others, fell straight to the ground as they threw up blood.

The thick trees were knocked over and uprooted. A large white tiger standing at five meters tall and more than 10 meters in length appeared in front of the Rose Mercenary Squad. Its golden eyes were like two bright lamps as it looked down on them.

"A 7th-tier Golden-Eyed White Tiger!" Dennis exclaimed as his face turned pale.

Chapter 2262: Thank You For Saving Us!

"Hm?" Mag heard the tiger's roar and looked in the direction of the sound. He raised the assault rifle in his hands and quickly found his target through the night vision magnifier.

The Golden-Eyed White Tiger was large and its color was very striking in the dark. On top of that, its eyes were as bright as street lamps.

Of course, this was also because the magnifier and sight were of very good quality.

After locking in its target at 15 kilometers away, the magnifier auto-focused to make the image very clear.

After that, Mag saw a very wild woman that was like a sexy cheetah. She was dressed in a red and black leather tube top. She had a pair of lean and long legs and a familiar boomerang.

"Isn't that Sivir? What are they doing here?" Mag was rather surprised.

***

The giant tiger pounced out and its horrifying aura suppressed the Rose Mercenary Squad, making them unable to even move a single step.

On top of that, Dennis' shout just now made everyone's hearts sink.

The 7th-tier magic beast, the Golden-Eyed White Tiger, was one of the most ferocious magic beasts on the magic beast mountain range. It was extremely territorial and was also very aggressive towards mercenaries.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

The mercenaries who went up the mountains would usually not end up very well when they ran into a Golden-Eyed White Tiger.

On top of that, this magic beast is an extremely good fighter. Even 7th-tier powerhouses would find it a headache, much less this small group of mercenaries who were all injured.

No one could save them in this mountain range.

"Bring Monkey and Sam into the cave. I'll stop it!" Sivir clenched her teeth together and twisted open a medicinal vial filled with red liquid. Immediately, her body glowed red and her dwindling aura suddenly shot up. She let out a low shout, grabbed onto the boomerang at her waist, and swung it towards the Golden-Eyed White Tiger.

The boomerang drew a red arch in the sky, flying towards the tiger's eye. It was so fast it was just a shadow. In the meantime, Sivir stepped to the side and pulled out a repeater crossbow, aiming it at the tiger.

This was the strongest blow Sivir could currently deal. She was able to temporarily recover her strength with the help of the medicine and she had to buy some time for the team.

Sivir pulled the trigger decisively, causing the desolate Rose Mercenary Squad to feel a sense of hope.

"Let's go!"

Dennis put Sam on his shoulders and started running towards the cliff in the distance.

Skol picked Monkey up and also turned to run towards the cliff.

"Go ahead, I'll stay here with Captain." Scott held his sword in both hands without taking a step back as he rushed towards the Golden-Eyed White Tiger.

When the Golden-Eyed White Tiger saw the boomerang, its golden eyes lit up.

The boomerang barely scraped past the tiger's eyes and was reduced to nothing after a ray of golden light shone on it, as though it had not existed.

Meanwhile, the arrow Sivir shot out landed on the tiger but it did not even pierce through its fur. It did not even leave a mark on its body.

Sivir saw the boomerang disappear instantly and felt her heart ache. However, there was more fear that gripped her.

The effects of the Madness Potion could only last for three minutes. However, even if Sivir regained the peak of her 4th-tier, she was still incomparable to the 7th-tier magic beasts, which made her feel suffocated.

However, she had no choice. She turned back to look at her members who were running for dear life. She swung out her backup boomerang and went straight towards the dense vegetation beside her.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

She had to lure this magic beast away to buy even more time for her members.

This was the only thing she could do now.

However, just as she moved, the Golden-Eyed White Tiger waved its paw and broke a tree that was one meter thick and the thick tree flew towards Sivir like an arrow.

Sivir froze and her eyes widened as the tree enlarged in her vision.

She did not try to dodge or resist because it was pointless.

She did not feel much fear in the face of death. She just felt sorry for letting her members down and guilty for not being able to bring them back safely.

"Captain!"

Dennis and the others paused in their tracks as they watched the giant tree fly towards Sivir. They all shouted in desperation.

The end of Scott's longsword was glowing red as he tried to chop the tree. However, the Golden-Eyed White Tiger easily broke the longsword into tiny pieces.

The Golden-Eyed White Tiger looked at them in mockery as though it was looking down on a colony of ants it was teasing.

How dare this group of pathetic fools intrude into its territory.

At that moment, the sky was lit up by a shimmer of light. In an instant, it pierced through the tree that was right in front of Sivir.

The thick trunk shattered into pieces immediately.

The Golden-Eyed White Tiger suddenly let out a terrified howl as it waved its huge and sharp claws in front of it, while at the same time attempting to run away.

However, the light was too fast and it smashed its stone-hard paws into bits and pieces, before striking right through its head.

The power of the force sent the Golden-Eyed White Tiger flying backwards before it crashed to the ground.

It twitched a little before laying completely still.

Just then, a thunderous explosion came from afar. (Sound travels slower than light.)

The Rose Mercenary Squad watched, dumbfounded.

Such a powerful 7th-tier magic beast, the Golden-Eyed White Tiger that was feared by mercenaries, was... dead just like that?

Sivir's mouth hung wide open. She breathed heavily as she watched the motionless tiger, her forehead and back were drenched in cold sweat.

The effects of the Madness Potion were over. The intense pain from her broken rib made her furrow her eyebrows.

It was the first time she felt so close to death. When she came to her senses, she was weak all over, as though her energy was completely sucked dry. She fell, sitting on the ground, limply.

"Thank... Thank you for saving us!" Sivir thanked the mystery person loudly.

It must be someone powerful for that Golden-Eyed White Tiger to be killed in a single shot.

The others from the Rose Mercenary Squad all came back to their senses as well. They were glad to have brushed past death and quickly kneeled to the ground as they thanked whomever it was gratefully. "Thank you for saving us!"

Silence...

After a very long time, it was still silent in the dense forest.

Sivir and the others exchanged glances and helped each other up.

That person who killed the Golden-Eyed White Tiger did not appear, as though he was never there. If it was not for the carcass of the Golden-Eyed White Tiger laying on the ground, they would have thought it was all a hallucination.

"Cap... Captain, why didn't that person appear?" Dennis asked with a quiver in his voice.

Sivir did not understand as well. She leaned against a tree weakly, as her injuries were rather severe. The medicine they had with them was all used up and she did not know if she could pull through the night.

Just when everyone was feeling uneasy, a large pair of wings covered the sky above them. A low voice came from above, saying, "What are you doing here with your mere abilities? Aren't you afraid to lose your lives?"

Chapter 2263: You Want To Be My Maid?

Everyone from the Rose Mercenary Squad looked up, but they only saw a man in black standing on a glowing purple-striped griffin with a wingspan over 100 meters long.

A name flashed across everyone's heart and they looked shocked and exhilarated.

Mag looked at everyone from the Rose Mercenary Squad with relief. Even though they were all injured, at least their lives were not in danger.

Come to speak of it, the Rose Mercenary Squad had fought alongside him before. He rather liked Sivir, the leader who liked to wear animal skins and shorts.

Of course, it was because of that pair of healthy and beautiful long legs.

Mag looked at her ample breasts... Oh no, it was her injured chest!

Her ribs should be broken and there should be internal bleeding. Her injuries were serious and she wasn't going to hold on for long if she wasn't treated in time.

Mag frowned slightly. Initially, he wanted to point out a route for them and get them to leave at dawn, but after seeing Sivir's injuries, she wasn't going to survive till dawn.

The Rose Mercenary Squad didn't have any medics. It was a terrible formation.

Mag didn't know any healing techniques, but he had some healing drugs on him.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Go down." Mag ordered.

Ah Zi spread its wings and the trees below it immediately fell down everywhere. It revealed a space that was about 100 meter wide and Ah Zi landed on the ground steadily.

Mag jumped off the griffin's back and walked towards Sivir.

Sivir looked at Mag with an agitated expression. She supported herself with one hand on the tree trunk. There was starlight glistening in her eyes.

Alex! That god-like man in the legends!

Although he was wearing a mask, the purple-striped griffin was unique. And that scary strike that killed the golden-eyed white tiger left an indelible mark in her heart.

"Finish it and I'll bring you guys away from here." Mag took out a red medicinal vial and threw it to Sivir.

Sivir caught the medicinal vial in a daze before she gratefully said, "Thank you for saving us!"

Mag looked at Sivir, who was trying to bow and coldly said, "You'd better not move if you don't want your bone to pierce through your organs."

Sivir's movements halted and she sat back on the ground with her back against the tree trunk. She twisted open the medicinal vial gently and poured the red magic potion into her mouth.

The pure healing potion glided down the throat smoothly and the exuberant vitality burst out. The injuries on her body could be seen to be healing and her broken ribs were healing as well.

The Rose Mercenary Squad looked at Mag respectfully from afar, while looking at Sivir worriedly at the same time.

Sivir tried to buy them time by drinking the Madness Potion and attacked the Golden-Eyed White Tiger without any care for herself, so her injuries were the worst.

Three short minutes later, Sivir opened her eyes and stood up gradually. She bowed to Mag deeply and offered a money bag with both her hands. She gratefully said, "I am Sivir. I thank you for saving our lives on behalf of the Rose Mercenary Squad. Please allow me to offer you all our money and our service."

Killing the Golden-Eyed White Tiger, saving everyone from the Rose Mercenary Squad and giving her an advanced healing potion that saved her life from the brink of death, Sivir felt that he had given her a new lease of life.

Even though she was a woman, she had always been self-reliant. Her admiration for powerhouses was no different from a man's.

In her mind, Alex was her idol and becoming his subordinate to repay his kindness was also an honor.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"You want to be my maid?" Mag looked at Sivir with a weird expression.

"Mmm?" Sivir was taken aback as well. She suddenly realized he seemed to have mistaken her intentions and a blush rose up on her cheeks instantly.

However... perhaps, he needed a maid? If she became Alex's maid... Even though it was a little embarrassing, it wasn't hard to accept.

After all... after all, he had saved her life.

"I'm willing to serve you." Sivir folded her hands in front of her and bowed slightly, already taking on the role of a maid.

"...?"

The Rose Mercenary Squad's members looked at one another in stunned silence.

The sudden change of character in their leader, who was fierce and had fought with a tiger, shocked them. How did she suddenly become someone's maid?

However, they kept their mouths shut after they thought of the other party's identity.

Becoming Lord Alex's maid didn't seem to be an embarrassing matter. Instead, it was a kind of honor.

Mag jumped onto the griffin's back and his voice turned cold again. "I'll bring you guys away from here."

Sivir looked at Mag and opened her mouth, but she still couldn't make herself ask if she was his maid or not.

She wasn't some woman who threw herself at men easily. Moreover, her subordinates were watching from the side.

She still had her pride!

Sivir regained her usual composure and ordered the Rose Mercenary Squad. "Let's go!"

All of them got onto the purple-striped griffin.

They had never expected that they would one day get on board this majestic purple-striped griffin and be escorted by Alex.

Sivir couldn't help asking as she looked at the Golden-Eyed White Tiger's corpse, "My lord, that Golden-Eyed White Tiger is a 7th-tier magic beast. It has already produced a phantom core. The tiger skin is also a precious item. D-do you want to take them?"

"Phantom core?" Mag pondered. He had read in books that the magic beasts would evolve into advanced magic beasts after they reached the 7th-tier and they would produce a phantom core. It was an important ingredient for magic casters to make magic potions and spell formations. It was rather precious.

Mag flicked a glance at Sivir and the Rose Mercenary Squad. He thought that they were rather miserable on this trip and had almost lost their lives, so he said, "I'll give you guys 15 minutes and you may take whatever you can with you."

Sivir and the rest looked ecstatic.

A 7th-tier magic beast was nothing to a big shot like Alex, but it was a treasure to a small mercenary squad like the Rose Mercenary Squad!

If it wasn't for the fact that dragging the whole white tiger back would be too overboard, they didn't even want to waste a single piece of meat.

The phantom core, the tiger's skin, the tiger's teeth, the tiger's claws... Everything was a treasure to them.

Scott stopped Dennis, who was about to work on the tiger's p*nis. He used his gaze to gesture at the griffin and softly said, "This doesn't look very good."

"Why doesn't it look good? Apparently, the p*nis of the Golden-Eyed White Tiger has a marvelous effect in that area. It can fetch a high price easily, so I intend to offer it to that lord to repay his kindness in saving us," Dennis said bluntly.

Scott said in exasperation, "Aren't you hinting that he is incapable in that area then? We could be left behind if that lord is pissed off."

"That's true." Dennis scratched his head, but he still cut off that big thing agily. "Then, let's sell it. I heard someone sold it for a high price of 200,000 previously. This one looks better, so its price will be even higher."

Chapter 2264: Am I Not Even Qualified To Be His Maid?

Sivir walked over with a golden crystal that was the size of a baby's fist, and offered it to Mag with both her hands. "This is the phantom core. Please accept it."

Mag glanced at that shiny golden crystal. Its texture was similar to an ordinary crystal but it contained a lot of energy.

However, energy at this level was already of no value to him.

Mag didn't reach out. He simply faintly said, "It's yours now."

"This..." Sivir looked at Mag and then at the phantom core in her hands. This was an extremely precious phantom core of a Golden-Eyed White Tiger. Its value was above 1,000,000 copper coins.

She couldn't see the expression underneath that mask, but judging from his calm tone, this phantom core wasn't important to him.

However, why was he giving it to her so easily?

Perhaps, it was a gift to his little maid?

So... he is already treating me like his maid?

Sivir pursed her lips. She suddenly felt that the phantom core in her hands was rather hot. She wanted to throw it away and yet wanted to hold onto it tightly at the same time. She didn't know what to do at that moment.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

After holding onto the phantom core in a daze for a while, Sivir finally looked up and said to Mag with a blush, "M-master."

"I didn't say I want you to be my maid. It's just a simple gesture." Mag retracted his gaze. He stood on the griffin and looked up at the sky at a 45 degree angle. His lips under the mask had already curved up uncontrollably.

This maiden was rather interesting.

However, wouldn't it be interesting to keep a little maid like her who resembled a cheetah?

Sivir looked at Mag and expressions of astonishment, disappointment, joy, sadness and loss flashed across her face before she blushed. She wanted to find a place to hide herself.

It was so embarrassing!

She already treated herself as his maid, but he hadn't even thought about having her as his maid.

Never mind about the offer, but she was even rejected...

The only thing that consoled her was that her subordinates were all busy with processing the Golden-Eyed White Tiger's body. They shouldn't have heard her calling him 'Master' nor heard his reply.

The cold night wind howled in the woods, but it still felt hot when it touched Sivir's face.

Everyone soon finished the dismemberment. They took all the valuable items like the skin, teeth and claws.

"It's a pity that the flesh and bones are wasted. They can be sold for a lot of money," Dennis murmured with pity.

"Let's go." Mag patted the purple-striped griffin gently and it took off and flew towards Chaos City. It left the magic beast mountain range that Sivir and her subordinates deemed as a natural chasm, in an instant.

Sivir covered her face and crouched to the side during the journey.

Her injuries were almost healed, only her ribs needed some more time to completely heal.

However, her heart was hurt... It would take a long time for her to recover.

She flicked a glance at the figure sitting at the very front with an aggrieved gaze.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Was she really that bad? Am I not even qualified to be his maid?

"Mmm? Why am I still thinking about becoming his maid?" Sivir frowned, feeling that something was wrong with her.

The purple-striped griffin stopped in front of the city gate and Sivir regained her wits. She got off the griffin together with the others and bowed to Mag in gratitude. "Thank you for saving us. As long as you need us, the Rose Mercenary Squad will be at your service anytime."

"I got it." Mag simply left a faint sentence before the purple-striped griffin took to the air and disappeared on the horizon.

All of them looked at the sky enviously for a long time before retracting their gazes.

Standing on the solid ground in front of the city gate, all of them looked at one another before letting out a cheer that celebrated them getting out of danger in one piece.

They were once so close to death. If Alex hadn't appeared suddenly, they would have become that Golden-Eyed White Tiger's dinner now.

However, all of them not only returned to Chaos City in one piece, but they had even obtained all the precious materials from the Golden-Eyed White Tiger.

"We're rich! We're really rich this time!"

"Yes. Just this white tiger's skin alone can easily sell for 500,000 copper coins. The tiger's teeth and claws are also excellent materials for making weapons. They, too, can fetch a high price."

"This tiger's p*nis can fetch a high price too. I'll go look for Old Wang tomorrow and he will definitely give us a good price."

The Rose Mercenary Squad's members went through their spoils with an excited expression.

They had earned more this trip than what they could in the whole year.

In the trade of mercenaries, the co-existence of risk and profit was an unchangeable rule.

Weak mercenaries like them could only do some small missions around the exterior of the magic beast mountain range.

Sivir held onto the phantom core with a distracted mind. She only regained her wits and said after some time, "There's one more phantom core here."

Monkey was already awake. He leaned against Skol and smilingly said, "Captain, Lord Alex gave you this phantom core, so keep it for yourself."

"Yes. If it wasn't for you, Captain, we wouldn't have lasted until Lord Alex appeared. We cannot take this phantom core."

Everyone chimed in. They weren't tempted by the phantom core's high selling price.

Sivir looked at all of them quietly for a moment before nodding and accepting the phantom core. "I won't take a cut from the profits of the other items then."

***

Mag only spent an extra 20 minutes with this small episode.

He was very willing to assist others in such small matters. Furthermore, they were someone he knew.

This bullpup assault rifle killed a 7th-tier magic beast from 15 km away with one shot. Mag had a better understanding of this assault rifle now.

Mag turned the assault rifle into the silent mode and tested a few more shots in the magic beast mountain range again.

There were other small mercenary squads like the Rose Mercenary Squad that were stuck in the mountain range, and Mag resolved some problems for them.

However, Mag only pointed out a way for these mercenary squads that he didn't know and then left right away.

Finally, Mag found a 10th-tier Striped Soul Leopard. He locked onto it, aimed through the sight at a 30 km distance and pressed on the trigger.

The bullet fired silently. The sharp bullet head pierced through the space and made a wave before flying towards the striped soul leopard.

However, that soul leopard seemed to have sensed something and its forward dashing figure paused. It became a faint shadow and pounced backwards.

The bullet brushed by its body and shattered the giant rock which was behind it.

"It's indeed a 10th-tier magic beast. Is it really so hard to hit?" Mag fired another two shots.

The soul leopard transformed into three faint shadows and ran towards three different directions.

The bullets shattered two of them, but they both missed the actual leopard.

Meanwhile, that soul leopard dashed into the mountain range and disappeared.

Mag didn't continue to pursue it. He had no intention to kill that soul leopard. He simply wanted to test the gun.

A 10th-tier magic beast's sense of danger was very acute. The person using the gun needed to have a more accurate perception.

"I still need more practice." Mag put away the gun and got Ah Zi to return to the restaurant.

Chapter 2265: Tomato and Egg Soup

Today's live ammunition practice gave Mag a better understanding of this assault rifle.

First and foremost on the lethality, this assault rifle could hit any fatal positions within 10 kilometers and could kill a 10th-tier giant dragon.

Of course, most 10th-tier powerhouses had very acute senses. They would sense something after being locked on to, and so they wouldn't be killed so easily.

The maximum lethal distance for 7th-tier and above was 30 kilometers. Its power decreased obviously after 30 kilometers.

1

Secondly, the gun sight that looked very technologically advanced, would automatically measure and calculate the environment. It replaced the job of the observer and made the job of solo combat more simple and efficient.

However, when your target was a live object and a powerhouse, an outstanding sniper still had to learn how to anticipate, make the bullet travel over tens of kilometers and accurately hit the brain of the target.

Depending on his powerful spiritual power and vast combat experience, Mag's anticipation was stronger than the majority of people.

However, this experience needed a high intensity of practice and couldn't be achieved in a day or two, so he still had to do more practicing.

To Mag, who was half a native, the strongest feeling that this gun gave him was: the times had changed.

This was an assault rifle that could kill a 10th-tier powerhouse. A normal human could depend on the support, find a suitable sniper location, find his target with the sight and press the trigger to complete the kill.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Moreover, locking in the target with human sight, without the assistance of the rifle, would make it even harder to detect.

30 kilometers was already beyond the Rodu palace's area of alert.

1

"Underground City. It really makes one look forward to it..." Mag landed on the balcony lightly and gazed at the ground.

He wondered how that world under the ground looked like.

Cyberpunk? Or a utopia?

Even though Xi looked like a robot without any emotions, given her obsession with the red braised pork, she had revealed a bit of her humanity. It was more likely that she was putting on a prim and proper front.

Furthermore, there were no obvious mechanical limbs on her and she didn't display any extreme ideology. Overall, he could still interact with her normally.

Apart from this gun, what did the world in Underground City look like? Mag was increasingly curious about that.

Mag wasn't in a rush to return to his room to rest after showering, instead he went to his study to write an article.

He had deemed himself as an amatuer food reviewer in his previous life and believed that his level was way above those food reviewers who could only use beautiful but meaningless words.

However, thinking back on the words that he had used previously, he almost couldn't contain the urge to go back and beat himself up.

Those words that he used back then had all become his retribution now...

He gave up on his domain of being a harsh reviewer. Mag had transformed into a culinary tutor now.

It was much easier to make the words look lively and easy to understand, making the readers want to try it out for themselves, buy the ingredients and cook it themselves, rather than dissing it.

After writing the article, Mag read it out loud a few times, corrected a few details and words, and copied it out once before he considered the work done.

Putting down the pen, Mag looked out of the window. The sky was beginning to turn bright and the morning sun dyed half the sky red.

It was a new day again.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

He put away the article which was meant for the 10 magazine presses that he had promised two days ago. This time, he was going to teach them how to cook red braised pork.

The eggplant with garlic sauce was a vegetarian dish, while the red braised pork was a meat dish, so they were both suitable as a meal for one.

Of course, it would be perfect if a soup dish was added to them.

The "Buddha Jumps Over the Wall" was too extravagant and not suitable for normal families to cook daily.

It would hurt if they made a mistake at home with so many high-end ingredients.

It had to be a simple soup like the tomato and egg soup, which was easy to learn and delicious.

Mag himself craved the tomato and egg soup after thinking about it.

After a cold shower, he felt energetic instantly.

Changing into his chef's suit, Mag went downstairs to prepare for breakfast.

Mag didn't get the recipe of the tomato and egg soup from the system, but he felt that he could make such a simple dish himself without the system.

In the world of tomato and egg soup, there has always been a controversy of frying the eggs first or frying the tomatoes first and then adding the eggs in.

Mag had tried both methods before, and neither was better than the other. It all depended on the individual's preferences.

After frying the eggs with pork lard, the soup would taste better and richer.

And, pouring the eggs into the boiling soup before turning off the fire and scrambling the eggs, would give one a smooth egg drop soup. Its texture would be excellent and it would taste sweet and sour.

Only children got to choose. Mag decided to make the tomato and egg soup with both methods.

On the breakfast table, everyone looked at the two big bowls of egg drop soup in a daze.

"Father, is it a new dish?" Amy asked Mag.

The others looked at Mag too.

Mag nodded. "Yes. I suddenly had an idea this morning. This is my first attempt. I used two different methods. Please try it."

The birth of every new dish needed brave souls to be its testers and provide their valuable suggestions.

Amy pointed to the egg drop soup and said, "Its color looks beautiful, so it should be quite tasty. I want that one which looks as pretty as a flower."

"Alright, I'll scoop a bowl for you." Mag scooped a bowl of egg drop soup for Amy. The whirls of egg in the soup had indeed made this soup look better than the soup in which the eggs were fried.

"I think this bowl smells nicer, so I'll try this bowl." Miya picked up the ladle and got herself a bowl of tomato and egg soup.

Everyone made their choices and the two bowls of soup were soon all taken.

"Hoohoo..."

Amy blew on the spoon gently before feeding it into her mouth.

The sweet and sour taste spread in her mouth instantly, making her eyes light up. The smooth egg drops made a round in her mouth before gliding down her throat, leaving behind a faint aroma.

"It's so delicious," Amy said before drinking the soup one spoonful after the other. She made it look so delicious that it piqued the others' appetite.

Miya held onto the bowl and blew at it gently before taking a sip from the bowl.

The rich aroma of the egg spread in her mouth and the aroma of the pork lard and fried egg, together with the sweet and sour tomatoes, woke up the taste buds that had been resting for the night.

It was a scrumptiousness that was irresistible!

The perfect savory taste, tasted comfortable even in the morning.

Miya finished half a bowl before she could say with amazement, "The fried egg soup is delicious too. I never expected that egg drop soup could be made this way as well."

Firis looked at Mag with admiration. Even a simple egg could be transformed into amazing dishes in Mag's hands.

Chapter 2266: The Dream of a Succubus Maiden

"It's so delicious!"

"I would like another bowl!"

"I want to try the taste of the other one suddenly..."

The two egg soups received unanimous good reviews from everyone.

Mag had expected it, but he still felt very happy about it.

Mag rejected their enthusiastic requests to make another helping.

Mag smilingly said, "It is more than enough to have a bowl of soup for breakfast. Moreover, this is only my first attempt. I will make more for all of you after I come up with a tomato and egg soup that I'm satisfied with."

Miya blinked her eyes and said, "Boss, I can help you taste them for the next few days. I can eat a lot."

Mag glanced at her and nodded with a smile.

After the breakfast service, Mag received a message from Xi: "Tomorrow night. Grilled meat. Two people."

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Sure. 10 p.m., at my restaurant," Mag replied to her message.

Putting down the communicator, a smile appeared on Mag's face.

Apart from Xi, he was going to meet the second person from Underground City.

Actually, this wasn't their first time meeting each other. It was that mech driver at the ice sheets previously, who wastefully self-detonated her battleship at Cthulhu.

However, Mag rather admired her fearless spirit.

Come to think of it, it was a combat style that was more suitable for a strapping man.

He had already prepared the drinks. Even if she was professionally trained, after downing a few bottles of Maotai, she should at least tell him something, right?

He had given up on Xi. That woman was too tight-lipped.

The Underground City was too interesting. He desperately needed to know more about it.

As for setting the venue at the restaurant and not intending to hold back, it was his small calculation.

If he interacted with Xi and her companion with the identity of Alex, the other party would definitely put their guard up against him.

This was not conducive for deeper interaction, let alone getting more information from them.

Hence, he set the location at the restaurant and prepared the grilled meat and excellent liquors.

Once they got comfortable, they would let down their guard.

Then, he simply needed to chit chat and talk about his interesting stories to get useful information from them.

Even though he had never dabbled in business before, this might be the so-called businessman genes.

Be it becoming a god, or experiencing a high-tech world, Mag wanted to visit Underground City.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

The key to this door was held in Xi's hand, so he naturally wanted to look for some other side doors as well.

However, before he started, he still wanted to find out more about that unknown world.

For example, what punishments would he face if he was discovered when he snuck into Underground City?

Lantisde was forced to be stowaways as a whole and had successfully become part of the Underground City, but he didn't know how the other stowaways would be handled.

Of course... this was the worst-case scenario.

Judging from Xi's attitude, it was almost impossible for people on the Norland Continent to get into Underground City through normal channels.

Irina and him weren't killed nor did they have their memories erased because both parties had established a good working relationship and he had a certain power to negotiate with the Underground City.

He spent 5,000,000 copper coins at the system to set a surveillance system that spread all over the Norland Continent. Currently, he had found a few mysterious space nodes which could be connected to the Underground City, so he intended to check them out when he was free.

"Good luck, ladies." Mag bade farewell to the ladies who were going to take part in the tests at Hope School.

Angela stood at the door and asked Mag, "Boss, you really didn't suggest to the principal to set up a charm grooming department did you?"

Mag looked at Angela, who was leaning forward to display her beautiful curves and charm, and shook his head reluctantly. "We haven't developed to the point where we can set up classes to groom socialites. The market isn't mature enough yet."

Angela blinked, failing to understand Mag's words.

"I heard you have set up a Succubi Support Association recently? You have raised the prices of massages in Chaos City? It has caused quite a bit of grievances from the gentlemen." Mag changed the topic.

"The economy has already developed for 100 years and is going to welcome the next 100 years, but these men still want to use the price from 100 years ago to enjoy the myriad of services now. Isn't this ridiculous?" Angela said matter-of-factly.

Mag thought for a while and yet he couldn't find any means to refute her.

"What kind of myriad of services?" Mag asked curiously.

Angela looked at Mag and her gaze got increasingly evil. She got closer to him gradually and whispered breathlessly into his ear, "Boss, I can teach you if you want to learn."

This woman indeed had a fatal attraction to men. She had displayed her racial gift to the maximum with her natural seductiveness.

Come on. Don't be gentle with me. Mag solemnly said, "I'm not that kind of person. I'm just curious about new things."

Angela took a step back, pressed her lips together and said, "Ha. Men are all like this. You say one thing but do another thing in bed."

"You sound like you know men very well? However, you haven't touched a man before, right?" Mag looked at Angela judgingly.

As someone who had been playing the field for a long time, he could differentiate if the woman was simply boasting or she was indeed experienced. This could prevent himself from being cuckolded too many times.

Angela blushed which was rare. Her eyes flickered and she embarrassedly said, "S-says whom?! I'm very experienced!"

"Being experienced in this area isn't something to boast about or be proud of. Girls should be reserved in certain areas," Mag said faintly.

"Yes. I'm a good girl." Angela tilted her chin up. She was very confident about that.

"So, don't pretend to be experienced in the future." Mag knocked on her head.

"That hurts!" Angela growled and stared at Mag angrily. She knew she was hoodwinked again.

Mag smilingly said to her, "No matter how many stories you've listened to, it's all others' matters. Who says that succubi have to seduce men. Didn't you have a good time at the restaurant? You also can support yourself and live with dignity."

Angela looked at Mag in stunned silence when she heard that. She felt touched suddenly.

What did this man understand?

She came with the dream of changing the succubi's fate and returning the succubus race to its former glory when she left the Demon Islands.

Perhaps, no one would care about a succubus' little dream and believe that the succubi, whose reputation was in the tethers, could turn their lives around.

However, she became a Mamy Restaurant's server and worked here for several months. She had supported herself successfully.

She didn't have to depend on men, or seduce anyone. She worked hard, completed her mission and lived with dignity.

This was the life that she wanted her people to have.

She wanted them to see that succubi could also live like the other races.

Chapter 2267: Why Don't You Make Some Videos?

Mag conducted a philosophical discussion with Angela. From the birth of the succubi, to its development, to its lowly image in all the races' impressions.

Due to Angela, Mag actually read up on many materials regarding the succubi and he had a clear understanding of the race now.

The succubus race had its glory once, but due to the cruelty of the racial war, the whole race was almost exterminated.

Even when the racial war had ended for 100 years, the total number of succubi on the Norland Continent now didn't exceed 10,000.

More than half of them lived in Chaos City.

Only living in this relatively equal city could the succubi receive certain respect and not worry about being imprisoned by others.

The succubi had already lost their ambition and even consciously tried to forget their race.

The gathering of succubi would only attract greater discrimination or cause a bigger crisis. It wouldn't change anything.

This was also the reason why Angela could only come up with a relatively beneficial organization that could barely control the pricing for the succubi.

To the succubi who were manual workers, this was something that could elevate their standard of living, so they had taken part in it actively.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

However, as soon as Angela brought up the idea of changing their way of life to change their destiny and move forward... They would give her a perfunctory attitude.

It was easier to describe it as a racial inferiority mindset. After all, the succubi was once a race that was on par with elves and they were a very spiritual race.

"Obviously, they only have to change and then they can leave this slump and live respectfully. Why are they not willing to do so?" Angela said with a frown, expressing her devastation over her people's degeneration.

"Have you thought that you have only told them how to do it, but you didn't show them that they really could have a life that is completely different from their current life, one which is better and more respectful?" Mag shook his head and continued on after a pause.

"There must be some of them who have attempted to change in the past 100 years. Perhaps, they had bumped into a wall, or perhaps, it led them into a worse situation. Hence, they chose to give up and maintain the status quo. I believe you have a much deeper understanding about the prejudice that this world has on the succubi."

Angela had a thoughtful look after hearing that. After a moment of silence, she looked up at Mag. "What should I do then?"

"Many people have told them how to turn over a new leaf. I bet every man has given them a speech after they do their deed. They would have been more precise and logical than you.

"Instead of telling them how, why don't you show them how? Let them know what a succubus can do after she leaves those pink houses.

"If you can't change the deep-set prejudice that this world has for the succubi, it will be very difficult for them to walk out of those pink houses and begin a normal life," Mag said calmly.

"It sounds like you are very experienced." Angela had a weird expression.

Mag solemnly said, "I have never visited that kind of place before."

"I am now already a server and I have also talked to them personally, but they were still unmoved," Angela said helplessly.

"People who are used to earning fast money, won't want to earn a meager wage with their brawn." Mag shook his head. "Moreover, apart from Mamy Restaurant, it's very hard to find restaurants that would hire succubus service staff."

"Then... tell me what else can I do?" Angela looked at Mag and asked.

"Why don't you make some videos?"

"Huh?"

Mag looked at Angela, whose mouth was agape and whose face had a confused expression, and explained, "It's not the kind of video that you are thinking of."

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Then, what kind of videos can we do?" Angela asked.

"I have been thinking about a problem lately. How can I spread delicious food to a greater audience, change the diet structure of all the races on the Norland Continent and allow more people to get to eat scrumptious food?"

"How?"

"Well, other than writing a column in magazines, I intend to make a movie."

"Movie? What is that?"

"A movie is a visual and audible artform. I intend to use the photostone to shoot a story and then use the technique of projecting an advertisement to show it. Of course, it will be free for all to watch." Mag explained it simply.

Mag already had the idea of making a movie ever since he made the teaching videos. After all, an excellent media platform like the video would bring a greater experience to the audience than the words and picture books.

However, a simple teaching video was too boring. The audience would be limited no matter how good he was.

But, if he inserted a culinary tutorial into a great storyline perfectly, it would be spread to an even wider audience and he would naturally gain more fans.

"So, what should I do?" Angela was still befuddled.

"You have to become an actor, like those drama actors." Mag gave her a simple example.

"I know drama." Angela seemed to get it, but she soon shook her head, "But, I can't act..."

"No. You have a gift. Just like that experienced lover scene earlier, you have already surpassed most young actresses," Mag said with conviction.

"Who are the young actresses?"

"That's not important."

"Then, how shall I work with you?"

Climb on top of me and move by yourself. Mag rolled his eyes and said, "I'll ask you to try it out after I finish writing the script."

"Oh." Angela nodded.

Although she had no idea what Mag was going to do, Angela had an unexplainable trust for him.

As if he would never fail in what he strived to do.

Perhaps... she would really become a good actor?

Angela left and Mag said next to the floor-to-ceiling window with a glass of water next to him. His eyes were glued to the projector screen where 'A Chinese Ghost Story' was playing.

He wasn't a professional in making movies.

But, he had a rich movie collection from Earth.

'Game of Thrones', 'The Lord of the Rings', 'Harry Potter', 'How to Train Your Dragon'...Oh, perhaps not 'How to Train Your Dragon'. After all, it would be easy to trigger a racial war if he got the dwarves to go ride the dragons.

However, Mag's first thought was not those fantasy blockbusters, but a relatively simple but interesting story.

Firstly, he had to be certain that the motive of him making a movie was to increase his fame and allow more people to learn to cook from him at the same time.

Secondly, it was to let Angela twist the people's prejudice against the succubi around with this movie and set an example for the succubi.

Of course, it would be great if they could earn a profit.

Who would hate to earn money? Of course, other than those people who liked to only flex.

Chapter 2268: Three-In-One?

'A Chinese Ghost Story' was, without a doubt, an excellent movie. Mag had watched it repeatedly many times.

Of course, the ancient China mythological background wasn't friendly to the Norland Continent. This couldn't be changed to Mag's preferences.

If Mag chose to copy it wholesale, it would be a disastrous flop.

After all, the people in this world couldn't understand Chinese mythology at all!

Hence, Mag decided to do an adaptation. The story background would be the era of the devil's invasion. Xiaoqian, the vixen lady, would become An Xiaoqian the succubus. The Mountain Devil would become the antagonist controlled by the devil, and Ning Caichen, the scholar, would become Mag Caichen the human chef.

A journey to save the world, a love that transcended the races. Fate had brought them together. Stay tuned for the 12th February...

It would be in time to gain some popularity from the devil's invasion and it had the core love and revenge of 'A Chinese Ghost Story'. Moreover, it could teach the audience how to cook perfectly as well.

Mag thought that this idea was perfect.

Mag was excited, so he took out a notebook and wrote down his thoughts quickly. He already had the rough plot written out by the morning.

Even though Mag had watched many films before, he wasn't a professional script writer after all. His dialogue lines were awkward. He felt awkward even after copying a lot of lines from 'A Chinese Ghost Story'.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Seems like I have to take time to chat with Vicki. She's a professional in this area." Mag put away his notebook and turned off the projector before going into the kitchen to prepare for the lunch service.

For the next two days, Mag continued to refine the script, the background story, the dialogue and scenes.

As a science geek and one of the participants of the battle at the ice sheets, Mag believed that he had a firm grasp on the background story, the point of view and the storyline.

However, he was rather hapless at the dialogue and details.

He had a headache over how to elevate the relationship between the succubus and the chef and how to let the audience sympathize and identify with the entire succubus race.

"Goodbye." Mag stood at the door and watched the girls leave after work. After locking the door, he sent Xi a message, "The charcoal is already burning bright red and the meat is sizzling over the grill. The stray cats next door are already climbing onto the walls. When are you guys coming?"

"Immediately!"

The communicator vibrated and Mag received Xi's message immediately.

"Indeed, everyone has a weakness." Mag's lips curved up as he put away the communicator.

There was a little stove on the table and the charcoal was already burning red. However, the kebabs were still marinating on the plates at the side. There was a transparent glass bottle that was warming on the stove. The red liquid wasn't boiling yet but the fruits and spices were floating in the liquor and its aroma had already begun to spread.

It was early spring and the snow hadn't fully melted yet. Having a bottle of warm red wine at this time was indeed rather relaxing.

Irina sent the two children to bed first. Mag intended to meet the two ladies from Underground City alone tonight.

***

"Burr. It's so cold! Isn't spring coming soon? Why is the weather still so cold?" Vicki stomped her feet in front of the opera house and blew into her hands, warming her cold hands up.

The opera troupe had no performances during these past few days. The boarding around the theater, which had almost completed its renovation, hadn't been removed yet. Most of the surrounding shops had been rented out gradually, so the environment looked dim, as they were undergoing renovation.

She had changed into the costume that Mr. Hades sent her yesterday. She was a little overdressed, but she was going to meet her idol, Alex, so she still chose this dress.

Even though it was a man she couldn't get, she still wanted to leave a good impression with him.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Xi sent her the information two days ago, saying that she was going to meet Alex.

Her message was rather official, so Vicky thought that it would be a rather important and formal occasion.

After all, Alex was the mightiest powerhouse on the Norland Continent, a being above the 10th-tier. Even in Underground City, he would be a man close to the pinnacle of power too.

However, she couldn't quite understand why he chose to meet so late at night...

"Perhaps, Alex is simply too busy? He's so powerful after all, so he'll need to handle many affairs on the Norland Continent, just like my grandfather," Vicki thought, as she was reminded of that strapping figure standing on the purple-striped griffin's back.

That sword's strike had impressed her.

"I'm so nervous. How should I introduce myself later? The maestro of the Black Cat Opera? No, no. I can't expose my identity. It will get me summoned back to Underground City by my grandfather. The granddaughter of the Underground City's marshal? No, no... It sounds like I'm showing off my family background. I'll get kidnapped easily..."

The bangle on Vicki's wrist blinked, just as she was deliberating.

She turned and saw that invisible battleship hovering above the opera house. After looking around to make sure that no one was looking over, she leaped onto the opera house's roof and stepped into the open battleship.

The battleship retrieved its ladder afterwards and it instantaneously disappeared above the opera house.

Vicki stepped into the cockpit and asked Xi, who was still wearing her red-and-black combat suit and sitting in the pilot's seat, "Big Sister Xi, has something important happened? Why does Alex want to meet us suddenly?"

"He suggested the meeting. I'm not sure about his motive yet." Xi turned around and saw the opulent dress on Vicki. Her eyes lit up slightly, but she soon regained her composure.

"Did he ask you to invite me specially?" Vicki was a little surprised.

"Yes." Xi nodded. This was specially requested by Mag.

"He wouldn't be..." Vicki bit her lower lips with a shy expression. She didn't expect him to still remember her.

Xi glanced at her weirdly. Xi had no idea what she was feeling shy about, but with her personality, she didn't ask and simply faintly said, "You know about the rules of Underground City. No matter what he says, you have to keep the secret."

Vicki was a little spooked by Xi's gaze, so she nodded seriously.

She knew very well that this young commander that her grandfather admired was famous for obeying the rules. This was also why she was chosen to become an Observer.

Along the way, Vicki and Xi chatted about the interesting things that happened in Rodu recently.

Xi listened mostly. She seldom spoke, only asking a question or two every now and then.

They reached Chaos City in a mere 10 or so minutes.

Vicki walked to the window. She looked at the huge black city underneath and smilingly said, "I came to Chaos City last year and even stayed for two weeks. I heard there's a 'Mamy Restaurant' here that is very famous. The boss named Mag makes scrumptious dishes and even my neighbor, Mr. Hades learned to cook from him. Mr. Hades' cooking is great. I didn't expect Alex to live here as well."

Xi looked at her and pondered seriously. The three people that she talked about seemed to be the same person.

Three-in-one?

Chapter 2269: A Mesmerizing Contrast

Hearing the knocking on the door, Mag, who was keeping himself warm next to the table, got up to open the door.

He looked stunned when he saw the petite figure standing next to Xi at the door.

"How could it be her?!" Mag was filled with question marks.

He had never expected that the person driving the mech on the ice sheets in the extreme north and wanted to die together with the Great Old One was this little kitten?!

Miss Black Cat, Vicki, the maestro of the Black Cat Opera.

Vicki had a look of surprise and admiration at the same time. She was surprised when she saw Xi land the battleship at Mamy Restaurant, and her eyes lit up again when she saw the man who came out after Xi knocked on the door.

The man was tall and strapping. He was wearing a black-and-white chef's suit. His handsome face and warm temperament attracted her attention.

Alex!

She had ascertained this man's identity almost immediately. Only this man would have such an otherworldly temperament in this world.

She saw the restaurant behind him. The closed restaurant was still brightly-lit, but only one table was filled with all kinds of ingredients, it was as though he was waiting for the arrival of his guests.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

There was no one else in the restaurant. No boss, no service staff. Only this man who was wearing the chef's suit and welcoming them like the host.

"So... he's also Mag?" Vicki was slightly taken aback. She felt that she had discovered some huge secret as she mumbled, "Mag Alex!"

Vicki wasn't some innocent maiden who knew nothing. She was born into a top family in Underground City. She had received the best education since she was young, and had great wisdom.

She had collected some information about Alex's identity recently. Alex's detailed background was among them. Of course, it was mostly common knowledge, like Alex's first name that was seldom mentioned: Mag.

And this name was very famous in the culinary world recently.

Mag, the chef of Mamy Restaurant. A man who was deemed to be the world's top chef!

Alex, the number one powerhouse on the Norland Continent, the chief commander of the allied forces, the absolute main force that sealed the devil!

The two men who seemed to be totally unrelated, merged as one at this moment.

Mag and Alex were the same person.

Mag Alex.

Was this god-like man the top powerhouse on the Norland Continent or the top chef on the Norland Continent?

Vicki's mouth got wider. She suddenly felt her so-called interesting life was nothing in front of this person.

During the time when Alex was missing, Mag even took part in the birthday banquet of the king of the Roth Empire and received the title of 'the best chef of the banquet'.

This man who was once persecuted by the empire's royalty, appeared in front of his enemies in that manner, and he won their respect and admiration with another method. Moreover, he didn't do anything bad to the food to take his revenge.

1

What a dramatic story it was and what admirable behavior he had.

Vicki had witnessed his powerful strength before. His fight with the giant dragon was unforgettable.

What made Vicki even more curious was how did he master his amazing culinary skills? Perhaps, he was also a time manager?

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Come in." Mag quickly controlled his expression and stepped out of their way with a smile.

Although he was shocked that the person who came was Vicki, the situation was still manageable.

Anyway, she still didn't know he was Hades. Otherwise, she wouldn't have this expression right now.

Initially, he was still thinking about how to probe this newcomer. Now, it seemed like he could simply skip over this step.

Xi saw Mag and Vicky's changes in expressions and felt that it was funny, but she didn't show any emotions on her face. She strode past Mag and entered the restaurant, walking towards the table with the stove.

The restaurant was very warm and a liquor aroma was in the air. It was the taste of warmth. There was a rich aroma in the faint intoxication.

The aroma came from the bottle that was on the grill. The red liquid was already boiling. It was a combination of the aroma of spices and the aroma of fruits. They created an exquisite aroma together.

"H-hello, I'm Vicki." Vicki introduced herself to Mag cautiously with a blush on her face. Her hands at the sides of her body were clenching her clothes subconsciously. She didn't know where to look and it was as though she was a fan who was meeting her idol for the first time.

"Hello, Miss Vicki. Please come in." Mag was slightly perplexed. The girl that he knew was rather outgoing. Why was she behaving so coyly now?

Vicki nodded and then entered.

"Smells go good!" The liquor's aroma in the air instantly attracted her attention. Her gaze instinctively landed on the boiling glass wine flagon on the grill.

She had been drinking with Eiffie frequently. Even though her alcohol tolerance wasn't high and she would get drunk easily, she gained a lot of knowledge about alcoholic beverages.

This wine... was excellent!

Although she had never seen such a drinking method in Rodu, it wasn't a rare method in Underground City.

Warming up the red wine in winter was a very common practice, especially in cold places. It could ward off the cold. Boiling it together with spices would make the wine even more fragrant.

Vicki was considered a knowledgeable person, but she was still impressed when she smelled the liquor's aroma.

The brewers at Underground City had already researched the composition of alcoholic beverages' molecules and perfected them through all kinds of technological methods. They could already control the absolute standard of the alcoholic beverages' taste.

Perhaps, it was just because of this absolute standard that the alcoholic beverages had lost their souls.

Meanwhile, she smelled a soul in the red wine that was boiling on the stove.

There weren't too many high standards from the machinery. Perhaps, it was more rugged, but it brought an unusual form of surprise. Together with the perfectly added spices and fruits, it was an excellent wine that made people slightly intoxicated as soon as they smelled it.

"Have a seat and a glass of wine to warm up. The grill is already hot and it's perfect for grilling meat now." Mag closed the door and walked over. He picked up the flagon and poured two glasses of wine for Vicki and Xi.

The red wine liquid swirled gently in the glass and the heat brought the aroma up.

"Thank you." Vicki sat next to Xi and received the glass with both her hands. She already felt very blissful.

Alex actually personally poured wine for her! Wasn't it awesome?!

Xi nodded and took the glass too. She instinctively swirled it.

Mag placed a few beef kebabs on the grill and the meat made a sizzling sound. Oil seeped out from the fatty beef and glistened. The aroma of the beef began to spread just after flipping them a few times.

Vicki held onto the gass and looked at Mag, who was flipping the kebabs in a daze. This man, who flew in the sky and slayed dragons, was actually so gentle and careful when he was flipping the kebabs. This was such a mesmerizing contrast.

Chapter 2270: Barbecue With Rice. She Knew How To Enjoy Her Food!

The cube-shaped beef was made into a kebab with bamboo sticks. The kebabs were spread out and sizzled with hot oil. The charcoal in the stove was burning bright red. The hot breath of life greeted her face and the man who was standing behind the grill, was Alex, who was supposed to be standing on the pinnacle.

This sensation... was rather amazing.

At least, that's what Vicki was thinking about when she received a bunch of beef kebabs.

The aroma of the roast meat greeted her. The transparent fat glistened on the beef like little crystals and the sauce was carefully and uniformly spread over it. The grilled beef began to have a sheen and it looked exquisite and delicious.

Vicki had eaten a lot of grilled meat and many of them were even made by famous chefs.

They were plated on delicate plates and garnished intricately. They needed to be tasted elegantly with a knife and fork.

Now, she was holding onto a bamboo stick with five cubes of three centimeter wide beef. If you wanted to taste it, you had to grasp the beef kebab and bite off the topmost cube.

Mm...

It didn't look like an elegant way to eat it.

However, Vicki wasn't embarrassed by it. After all, she was no longer that pampered young mistress living in a high tower.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

She was the Miss Black Cat that wandered around the Norland Continent for one year. She had brought her troupe members digging in the fields for missed out potatoes when they had no food.

Roasting some wild game that they caught occasionally over burning firewood was also a common occurrence.

She wouldn't resist beef kebabs that were skewered by these clean and smooth bamboo sticks and precisely cut with great cutting skills.

The only thing that made her have reservations was whether she should eat more elegantly in front of Alex?

However, she hadn't eaten much tonight and after watching Mag grill the meat and smelling the increasingly fragrant aroma as the meat got cooked, she really couldn't hold herself back as she held onto the kebabs now.

Howl!

She ate one beef cube with each bite.

Vicki's tiny face lit up immediately.

As soon as the beef entered her mouth, its slightly charred surface melted over her palate along with the garlic-flavored sauce. Garlic usually tasted sharp and overwhelming, but the flavor of this garlic sauce was very mellow and delicious.

As she chewed, the meat juice exploded in her mouth and the tender beef melted away too. The rich aroma of the meat dashed out and the scrumptious taste blossomed in her mouth. She could sense the taste buds cheering with every chew.

She felt as though she had fallen into a piping hot meat pool that was surrounded by raging flames, while a huge piece of grilled meat was placed in front of her. Should she choose to escape? Or continue to taste the scrumptiousness?

Unquestionably, she chose the latter!

"Phew..." Vicki let out a breath of hot air and put the bamboo stick down before saying to Mag with amazement, "This grilled beef is so delicious!"

Delicious! It had completely exceeded her expectations for scrumptiousness.

Just the beef kebab alone had defeated all the chefs that she had tried food from before.

They had lost very utterly and completely.

Even when they had specified that they had already grasped the essence of food with molecular gastronomy.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

However, they seemed to have forgotten that delicious food needed a soul.

They had forgotten to add a hint of life and heat when they retrieved the food from the cold machinery to configure. Even when the texture and taste had reached the best level, it was difficult to give people shock and emotion.

However, the grilled meat that Mag made was different. Be it watching the beef slowly get cooked over the grill by its own fat, or feeling the warm air coming from the stove, or watching Mag flip the kebabs with his skilled and beautiful technique, they all infused a soul into the beef.

This was a beef kebab with soul. It was warm and delicious, and eating it was blissful.

Vicki had already picked up the second kebab. She bit off a beef cube and closed her eyes, feeling the blissful sensation that burst out in her mouth. The corners of her lips had already curved up as she revealed a happy and relaxed smile.

How amazing was that?! She actually got into a state of relaxation in front of a Norland Continent native, in front of Alex, whom she respected and was meeting for the first time.

However, this feeling felt rather comfortable.

"Is it really so delicious?" Xi looked at Vicki and retracted her gaze. She looked at the kebabs on her plate.

She had wanted Mag to make a helping of red braised pork for her and she kept her stomach empty for the entire day before she came.

Now, she intended to try this kebab first before she made her decision.

Of course, she was definitely going to have the red braised pork. After all, she had the free-for-life card for red braised pork, so she shouldn't waste it.

After picking up a kebab and putting it in her mouth elegantly, Xi's cool eyebrows raised up and her expression lit up too.

The mouthwatering sauce on the surface of the beef and the juices of the meat flowing in her mouth instantly awakened her taste buds. She only had to chew lightly to provoke an explosion of meaty juices within her mouth, which combined with the sauce and condiments to create an incredible flavor. She felt as if a fireball had exploded in her mouth, transforming into countless smaller fireballs that were stimulating her palate.

The more she chewed, the better it tasted, so she naturally chewed faster and faster. It was an interesting cycle. She chewed until she swallowed the meat into her stomach, yet the pleasant taste still lingered in her mouth.

Xi's usually expressionless face had a rare uncontrollable smile.

Without any words, she bit off another cube of beef.

She closed her eyes and chewed slowly as a happy and satisfied smile appeared on her face. She no longer needed to be reserved about her usual tensed up expression.

What amazingly delicious food. It was comparable to the red braised pork!

It was another kind of tasting experience. Of course, the red braised pork still occupied an important position in her heart.

She opened her eyes and asked Mag, "Do you have rice?"

Barbecue with rice. She knew how to enjoy her food!

Mag flicked a glance at her and nodded. "I'll go get some for you."

It wasn't just rice. There was also a pot of red braised pork kept warm in the kitchen.

Mag scooped up two bowls of rice. He came out with the red braised pork and placed it in front of Xi.

Anyway, he couldn't get this woman drunk. He even suspected that he would be the one to get drunk first if he seriously tried.

"Red braised pork!" Xi's eyes lit up and she began to look at Mag with a gentle gaze.

Sometimes, she had to admit that this man indeed does make one feel comfortable.

It was perfectly done. He made you feel well taken care of, as if he had already known what you were thinking, or perhaps... he had already anticipated it in advance.

Xi placed a bowl of rice in front of Vicki and made an introduction to her at the same time, "This is the red braised pork. It's very scrumptious too."

Chapter 2271: So, Black Cat Opera Is Set Up By You!

Vicki observed Xi carefully. The normally stern Xi had such a lively expression when she was eating the red braised pork.

She took a big bite of the red braised pork and carefully chewed with her eyes narrowed and her eyebrows raised. She bobbed up and down slightly when she was chewing, just like a wave. Her lips were upturned, so it was obvious that her mood was rather happy and relaxed.

After swallowing the red braised pork, she immediately ate a mouthful of rice. She looked even happier when she was chewing the rice, but she was still chewing it carefully, as though she was enjoying the process.

She continuously ate three pieces of red braised pork with a mouthful of rice each. She then picked up the remaining beef kebab at the side and bit one cube off. She chewed carefully before swallowing and then eating another mouthful of rice.

It was impolite to watch others eat, but Vicki and Mag couldn't help watching Xi eat.

Vicki felt it amazing as this was the first time that she had seen Xi eat.

Meanwhile, Mag was watching Xi with an appreciative gaze. Xi ate with an intellectual and rigorousness, like a nerd. She had to chew 12 times for every mouthful of red braised pork, 18 times for every mouthful of rice and 20 times for every cube of beef. However, she would control the speed of her chewing, as she would swallow every food item precisely at the six second point.

"Why are you staring at me?" Xi looked up and met Mag's gaze.

"I'm just a little curious. Do your armed forces specially train you guys at eating too? Six seconds for every type of food," Mag said frankly.

"No." Xi's answer was short and sweet as ever.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Oh." Mag, too, didn't elaborate on that. After all, it was rude to stare at a maiden eating and it wasn't worth mentioning.

However, Vicki couldn't stop herself from laughing. Her head was down with a piece of beef in her mouth, but she couldn't chew because her lips were upturned.

She knew that the Underground City's Galácticos didn't have training in eating. After Mag's reminder, she suddenly realized why she felt that Xi ate with a weird tempo.

So, it was her OCD of six seconds for every bite...

Xi looked at the two of them weirdly and continued her tempo of eating red braised pork, rice, beef kebab and rice.

Vicki soon controlled her laughter and then tried the red braised pork.

Then... she was a lost cause too.

"This red braised pork is simply too delicious! It's soft and sweet and melts in the mouth. The rich meaty aroma suddenly spreads in my mouth and I'm completely bowed over!"

Vicki was amazed inwardly, but she simply couldn't stop. She also began the tempo of one mouthful of rice followed by one mouthful of red braised pork.

Mag munched on the kebabs and drank the wine casually as he watched the two ladies eating happily, feeling a little exasperated.

One big and one small. They were both rather cute.

However, he had invited them here to improve on their friendship by eating some kebabs and drinking some wine, so that he could get some information out of them.

Seeing that they enjoyed their meals so much, he felt bad to interrupt them.

Around 10 minutes later, the bowl of rice and the pot of red braised pork were empty.

Xi and Vicki put down their chopsticks, still wanting more.

"The red braised pork is so delicious. Mr. Alex, your culinary skill is simply amazing." Vicki looked at Mag with stars in her eyes. His powerful strength made people admire him, while his great culinary skill made one... want to marry him.

This man was simply too charismatic!

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Even though his looks were extraordinarily good-looking, he was handsome and manly. He had a noble and gentle temperament, and a low and attractive voice. His perfect figure under his chef's suit made one lust after him too.

A being who could slash a Great Old One with a sword; but his charisma increased even more when he put down his longsword and picked up a chef's knife.

Vicki thought that those aristocratic men in Underground City were completely incomparable to him.

Even the one that her family had chosen for her was far inferior when compared to him.

"Thank you for your compliments. Have more beef, please." Mag placed a serving of grilled beef kebabs and mutton kebabs onto Vicki's plate.

"Thank you." Vicki nodded with a smile. Her gaze was soon attracted by the piping hot kebabs.

Xi, who shared her bowl of rice and pot of red braised pork with Vicki, was obviously not full yet. Fortunately, there were still plenty of beef kebabs and mutton kebabs and Mag gave another serving to her again, so she concentrated on eating the kebabs and drinking the warm red wine occasionally.

Vicki held onto the warm glass and took a sip of the red wine.

The red wine that was heated up had a warm texture. It also had a tinge of fruit and spice aroma. It was sweet and warmed her heart.

Vicki's eyes lit up. It was better than any other alcoholic beverages she had had before. It tasted just like... some kind of juice.

But, there was a long and lingering aftertaste after swallowing it, just like a beauty caressing your neck. Seductive and mesmerizing.

Soon, a blush appeared on her face.

Her alcohol tolerance was rather bad. She usually didn't drink and she couldn't stand the stimulating texture of most liquor.

However, this red wine gave her a warm and comfortable sensation. It was a little intoxicating and a little addictive.

Together with the kebabs, a glass of red wine was soon finished.

Mag poured another glass for Vicki and said, "Is Miss Vicki going to stay on the Norland Continent for a long time? You sound very adept at the Norland Continent's common tongue."

Xi looked up at him and then at Vicki before pondering for a moment. She then retracted her gaze and continued to eat the kebabs.

Mag noticed her small gestures. He remained unfazed but he felt it funny inwardly.

This was the current situation.

He knew about Vicki's identity as the maestro of the Black Cat Opera, but Vicki didn't know that he was Hades. Perhaps Xi didn't know that his cover in Rodu was Hades, but she knew that he had a tavern in Rodu and he had sponsored Vicki's opera troupe.

Furthermore, his current cover for his identity wasn't very secure. If Vicki came to the restaurant during the day, she would see the stand-up at the door and Annie's work and she would be able to deduce his identity.

All of them had covers, so they weren't afraid to be recognized.

After all, who could guess that the maiden who sang, danced and rapped on stage, was not only the maestro of Black Cat Opera, she was also the young mistress of a certain big family in Underground City. She even drove her battleship and self-detonated it at Cthulhu, and performed a great escape on the ice sheets in a mech.

Mag simply felt amused, so he intended to keep that cover and test out this maiden, who obviously had a low alcohol tolerance.

Vicki was slightly taken aback. Looking at Mag, she pondered for a moment before smilingly saying, "Yes. I have been on the Norland Continent for over a year, and I have even set up an opera troupe. Black Cat Opera. Have you heard of it before?"

"So, Black Cat Opera is set up by you! I heard that it's the best opera troupe on the Norland Continent," Mag nodded and said, showing an admiring and shocked expression.

Chapter 2272: She Still Wants To Eat For Free!

"Y-you have really heard of Black Cat Opera before? And... you gave it such a high review!"

Now, Vicki was stunned. She looked at Mag with disbelief.

Although Black Cat Opera had always been her pride and joy, it was also a work that she worked very hard for.

However, looking at it rationally, Black Cat Opera had no fame at all before it moved to Romo Street. Even now, it was still a very niche existence.

But, Mag actually said that their Black Cat Opera was the best opera troupe on the Norland Continent?!

This praise touched her immensely! She was excited! And, a little shy...

However, it was as though something precious to her, which had been doubted and laughed at by others all along, had finally received the praise and appreciation it deserved. This acknowledgement made Vicky like Mag even more.

"Yes, I have. Some said that it's the future of the Norland Continent's opera. Looking at you now, I think they're right." Mag nodded honestly.

There were most probably only two opera troupes on the Norland Continent now. Compared to that sleep-inducing opera troupe, Black Cat Opera's professionalism had exceeded it.

Vicki looked at Mag, feeling extremely touched. She almost wanted to marry him.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

To her, given Mag's identity and status, he didn't have to lie to her, so what he said was the truth.

She had met many difficulties since she set up Black Cat Opera. She had heard many rumors and demoralizing words and suffered many defeats.

Meanwhile, right now, the man in front of her, the number one powerhouse on the Norland Continent, had said that Black Cat Opera was the future of the Norland Continent's opera troupe. She believed him.

"It's hard to find a friend who appreciates me. Let me toast you." Vicki raised her glass.

Mag clinked his glass with hers.

Vicki finished all the wine in the glass.

Mag also finished all the wine. He then placed a few more beef kebabs in front of Vicki. "Don't just drink. Have some grilled meat too..."

Vicki had already slumped over the table before Mag could finish talking.

"..." Mag.

They had just started to be friends and had enough drinks. He was just about to ask her questions and she got drunk so quickly?

Mag felt cheated instantly.

Xi flicked a glance at Vicki before looking at Mag, who froze. Her upturned lips showed her excellent mood, but she didn't stop eating the kebabs.

Mag sighed inwardly, but he still went to get a blanket and covered Vicki with it.

It turns out that some maidens might look easy to fool, but, in fact, weren't that easy to fool.

Of course, it's another story if you want to cheat them of other things.

Mag poured a glass of red wine for Xi before sitting down again to eat the kebabs and drink the wine.

He didn't intend to ply Xi with the wine. The alcohol content of such boiled red wine was almost negligible. To Xi, it was no different from drinking plain water.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

He might be the one to get drunk if they really wanted to drink.

"Why did you pretend not to know her?" Xi picked up a bamboo stick as she asked Mag, "Did you know her identity when you rendered her assistance previously?"

Xi's sharp gaze locked onto Mag as she asked him solemnly.

"Frankly speaking, before today, I always thought you were going to bring a big guy over. I even specially prepared two crates of Maotai." Mag smiled before looking at Vicki, who was slumped over the table. "I helped her because I really admired her talents. Furthermore, helping her is also an investment. I paid the money because I believed she could give me a higher return. She had that capability."

"Seems like a coincidence." Xi retracted her gaze. The lie detector told her that he wasn't lying.

"It might be an affinity too." Mag shrugged.

Xi picked up another kebab and said, "She has also signed the non-disclosure agreement. It's impossible for you to get any information from her."

"Did any of your rules forbid you guys from making friends with the people on the Norland Continent?" Mag asked smilingly.

"Yes." Xi nodded.

"..." Mag.

Mag knew that the rules were set by Underground City to maintain their secrecy, but he still felt slightly uncomfortable.

However, Underground City had more powerful beings and more advanced technology, but it didn't enslave the Norland Continent. It could already be considered as having a very high morality.

After all, in the sci-fi movies, there was usually some kind of master-and-slave relationship between the two worlds which were connected but had a great disparity in technology.

The Elder Things' morality had even amazed him, an Earthling.

"Actually, I don't mean any harm. At least, Underground City gives me quite a good impression, and I don't want the various races on the Norland Continent to suffer the impact of the Underground City's civilization yet." Mag calmly said to Xi, "As an Observer, you should know the Norland Continent's current standard of living very well. It's not a good thing to let them know about the existence of another world. Not even letting some of them know about it."

"I know you won't spread this news deliberately." Xi drank a sip of wine. "Hence, Underground City isn't going to take any action against you."

"Is the existence of the Norland Continent a secret in Underground City?" Mag asked again.

"It's a secret that belongs to a few." Xi nodded.

Mag nodded thoughtfully. To Underground City, the Norland Continent was just like a noob village. Although some big bosses would appear every now and then, with Underground City's powerful technological strength, it was enough for them to flex.

However, the situation of people from Underground City coming over didn't happen frequently. Even a young mistress from a great family like Vicki had to sneak over and almost ended up starving to death.

The upper echelon of Underground City must have some kind of tacit agreement or some kind of restriction regarding the policy of the Norland Continent.

Even though Mag was curious, Mag was restrained about the idea of linking up the two worlds.

Lantisde falling into Underground City was an accident and it was beyond his expectations that Underground City was willing to accept them.

The technological difference of tens of thousands of years was more than just a gap. The Norland Continent could descend into chaos.

Comparatively, it was more stable to let the people on the Norland Continent take a speeding train, read a colored picture book and watch a movie with a cooking tutorial advert installed in it in the cinema first.

This meal of grilled meat took over an hour. Mag finally sauted a piece of steak for Xi before ending this supper.

Xi wiped her mouth and said to Mag, "The grilled meat is delicious. Thank you for your hospitality."

"Don't mention it. Have you decided what other dish you want to have for free for life?" Mag asked smilingly.

Xi thought for a while before shaking her head. "I still need to think about it."

She thought that red braised pork was the most delicious dish in the world when it was the only dish that she had eaten. Then, she also found the beef kebabs and mutton kebabs very delicious when she tried them tonight. And, the black pepper steak that was the finale, was even more scrumptious.

There were still many more dishes on the menu. She believed it was a piece of fertile land that was worth spending time to discover and savor before making her choice.

"She still wants to eat for free!" Mag made his judgment.

Chapter 2273: Aunty, the Times Have Changed!

A simple gathering. Mag closed the door after watching Xi leave, carrying Vicki in her arms.

Although he didn't get any useful information from Xi, today wasn't completely unfruitful either.

At least, he knew who the other person from Underground City staying on the Norland Continent was, and she was someone he knew.

Even though Vicki wasn't stable emotionally, she was still much easier to cheat compared to Xi.

Mag had already decided that he would take Vicki as the breaking point and extract the Underground City's secret from her.

With Black Cat Opera around, she couldn't hide.

Mag was about to clear the table when Irina came down from the stairs with a smile. "Is it fun to drink and flirt with two little beauties?"

"I'm working here," Mag replied seriously.

Irina rolled her eyes at him. She sat down and crossed her legs. "I didn't expect Vicki to hail from Underground City too. However, she didn't look very powerful or outstanding."

"With the assistance of advanced technology, the physical combat power doesn't represent a person's combat power completely. I have seen her self-detonating a battleship at Cthulhu and running madly on the ice sheets in a mech." Mag shook his head with a smile. "If we consider the mech as well, her combat power was equivalent to a 9th-tier giant dragon. If she has the battleship, that strength will be even harder to gauge."

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Irina opened her mouth. Although she didn't understand what kind of enhancement the mech and the battleship could give to Vicki, she still chose to trust Mag's judgment. She changed the topic. "I can see that she was rather interested in you."

It shows that I am still as charismatic as before. Mag seriously said, "I think they just want to eat my dishes for free. It's the Underground City's old tradition."

"You want to go to Underground City?" Irina looked into Mag's eyes and asked.

"Yes. It holds the secret to becoming a god. To me, it's indeed very attractive. I'll definitely go and take a look." Mag nodded.

"But there is no longer any god in this world." Irina's voice was cold and her expression was serious.

Mag was suddenly stumped. He suddenly realized the meaning in Irina's words. Sweat beaded on his forehead and he felt a chill up his back.

Yes. There had been numerous legends regarding gods on the Norland Continent and almost every race prayed to all kinds of gods.

However... in the past eons, there had been no concrete evidence of the gods ever appearing and no gods from any race had brought them to glory ever.

The gods might have appeared on the Norland Continent, but they had all disappeared.

Nobody knew where they went. They didn't leave behind any evidence either.

In such a huge continent and a world where countless races co-existed, was it true that no one had ever reached that limit in the past tens of thousands of years?

Even Alex and Lantisde had seen that invisible existence in the recent few hundreds of years.

He didn't think that they were some kind of genius. Such a possibility was simply too slim.

Where did those people go after becoming gods?

"I understand your pursuit for power, but what will happen after you become one? Are we going to offer you a joss stick after you become a god whenever we miss you?" Irina continued to ask.

Mag laughed silently. Talking about joss sticks... he was thinking about his path of becoming a god by gaining believers.

"Xi said that there are beings more advanced than the 10th-tier. They are the Extraordinaires. I want to see what kind of beings the Extraordinaires really are. Are they really gods?" Mag said with a solemn expression, "If they could still stay in Underground City after becoming gods, that means every rule here could be broken."

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Irina nodded thoughtfully before saying, "If you really met a real god, it won't be easy for you to escape them."

"I can always run if I'm not their match. I'm rather confident in my abilities to escape," Mag smilingly said before he went to Irina and massaged her shoulders. "Do you want to eat anything? We still have grilled meat."

"I'm not eating your leftovers." Irina shook her head. After thinking, she said, "I want to eat your noodles."

"This..." Mag looked at Irina's lush red lips before going to the kitchen. "I'll go make the noodles."

A bowl of shaved noodles was soon made and Mag added two fried eggs for her.

Mag sat across from Irina and watched her eat the shaved noodles daintily.

Her dainty mouth on her beautiful face sucked gently and a shaved noodle slid into her mouth. She chewed it, looking very adorable.

"Don't look at me when I'm eating." Irina glared at him.

"Someone once said we should look at the most beautiful thing when we stay put in one place quietly." Mag shrugged. "I have no other choice."

"Glib-tongued." Irina rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help but smile. She bit into the fluffy fried egg and the yolk oozed out slowly. It was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. It was delicious.

She loved the eggs Mag fried the most. He seemed to have fried the eggs with pork lard. It was fluffy and the yolk was soft. It was a delicacy that others couldn't replicate.

Irina felt full after eating one bowl of noodles and two eggs. She put down her chopsticks satedly.

"How's the construction at the school?" Irina asked casually.

"It should be almost done. I'll go check it again tomorrow. We just need to put the equipment in and we should be ready before the school opens." Mag nodded. He trusted the Night Elves construction team.

"Let's go." Irina got up and prepared to go out.

"Where to?" Mag was befuddled. Why were they going out at night?

"Didn't you receive a gun from Xi. Let's go have some fun with it," Irina said. Throwing a glance at him, she continued on speaking, "Not that gun of yours."

"I didn't expect you would be interested in that." Mag was a little surprised.

"Do you think that I am a conservative old fogey?"

"No, but it's usually the men who are more interested in such things."

"I simply don't want to be abandoned by the times. After all, how embarrassed I would be if some juniors come and tell me, 'Aunty, the times have changed!'" Irina said honestly.

"Let's go. I'll teach you how to operate a gun today." Mag chuckled. He held onto her hand. "Let's go to the magic beast mountain range."

Irina waved her hand and a golden beam lit up underneath their feet. The two of them reappeared outside of the city, and with another blink, they appeared on the peak of the tallest mountain in the magic beast mountain range.

"This is an assault rifle. Its killing distance is 30 kilometers. It's a deadly threat to 10th-tier powerhouses within a 15 kilometer range..." Mag took out the assault rifle and began to introduce it to Irina before teaching her how to aim and shoot.

Chapter 2274: A Flex From the King of the Rising Generation of Female Soldiers

"This fellow..." With a frown on her face, Xi watched Vicki, who laid with her arms and legs sprawled out on her bed as she smiled with satisfaction.

She did not want to meet Vicki's troupe members, so she could only let her stay in the battleship and wait for her to become sober and leave on her own.

On top of that, she also wanted to remind Vicki not to get too close to Mag when she was sober.

Recommended for you

Although he did not seem like a bad person, this concerned the two worlds and the bigger picture was more important than whether the person was good or not.

Vicki's identity was a little special. She could get in contact with things that most of the union residents in the Underground City could not. This also meant that she was in control of the real core secret of the Underground City.

Although she was also restricted by the regulations to keep the Underground City a secret, Xi could not help but worry if she would be able to keep the secret with her alcohol tolerance.

"Come... one more shot! Lord Alex, you're so impressive..." Vicki mumbled. She flipped over and let out a happy squeal.

Xi resisted the urge to pull out her recorder and covered Vicki up with a thin blanket. She turned to exit the room and went into her office.

It was time to write in her daily diary again.

Observer's Diary:

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

** Day, Sunny...

***

Mag brought Irina around the magic beast mountain range to experience the joy of hunting. The assault rifle was put to silent mode and they chose the more agitated magic beasts as their targets.

After shooting a few rounds to get used to the rifle, Irina quickly got the know-how of how to use the rifle. She locked on to her target and glanced over as she opened fire. Her kill rate was almost 100%.

Mag was alone in the corner for quite a while before he silently gave her a thumbs up.

Some things really required talent.

Although he was a man and seemed to be more suitable to handle a gun, his skills could not be compared to Irina, who was very talented.

1

"It seems pretty easy." Irina put the assault rifle down and asked Mag, "Is this the usual standard for those who play with this for the first time?"

The corner of Mag's lips twitched. This was in no way the standard of a first-timer! What a flex from the king of the rising generation of female soldiers!

"You are very talented in using a gun," Mag said with a smile.

"The power of this gun far exceeded my expectations. If it's a normal human being who is using this gun, as long as they are professionally trained and could find the suitable spot to lock on to their target, they could totally kill an unguarded 10th-tier powerhouse." Irina looked at the gun in her hand and said seriously, "The capabilities of the Underground City seemed to far exceed my expectations."

Mag nodded. "If it was the Underground City that was the intruder instead of the Army of the Dead, we would not be able to win."

Their battleship alone could greatly impact the Norland Continent, much less their machine guns and mechanized soldiers.

"How do we defend against their intrusion in that case?" Irina asked.

"Hmm... we don't have to think about that for the time being because we have no way to defend against them at all." Mag shook his head with a smile. "Let's not be hostile towards them and don't see them as our enemy. We should not even let a fourth person on the Norland Continent, other than you, me, and Gina, know about the existence of the Underground City. That way, the Norland Continent would not be put in danger.

"The Underground City initiated the division with the Norland Continent and imposed segregation between the two. It would be sufficient to just maintain the status quo."

Irina nodded thoughtfully and seemed to be reassured.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Are we still playing for a while longer or going back?" Mag asked.

"Let's go back. It's enough to know what this is and how powerful it is but I still prefer a direct battle." Irina passed the rifle back to Mag.

Mag suddenly imagined Irina holding a folding chair in her hand and found the image rather funny.

Back in the restaurant, after the two showered together, a few rounds of battle, and making the bed endure a pressure it should not, they went to sleep with satisfaction.

***

The next morning, Mag woke up early and after finishing up with the morning operations, he went to Hope School.

The main part of the holistic building was completed. The decorations on the interior and exterior walls were going on at the same time.

The best carpenters among the Night Elves made the roofs, railings, and other details very cute, interesting, and as beautiful as a piece of artwork.

"Mr. Mag, the construction work can be completed tonight. We will remove all barricades and other items overnight. Do you need us to help with placing the furniture inside?" the leader of the construction team asked Mag.

"It's been hard on all of you. I wouldn't trouble you to put the furniture in." Mag nodded. One could tell that the Night Elves were professional through and through from how they completed the work a day before the deadline.

As for things like teaching tools, Mag ordered them directly from the System. All he needed was the venue to be ready and the System could deliver and place the goods for him there.

Therefore, it would be better for no one to be around so he would not have to go through the trouble of explaining.

Mag did not walk around the campus in case he affected everyone's work. However, when he walked out of the school gate, he met someone familiar.

"Boss Mag, what are you doing here?!" Vivian greeted him with a smile as she walked over, in shock at seeing a rare guest.

"I'm here to supervise." Mag pointed in the direction of the construction.

"I heard from Luna. You are opening a chef's course and you even built your own chef's holistic building. That takes a lot of money." Vivian took a step forward and asked cheekily, "Can I listen in?"

"Are you attending Hope School too? Aren't you too old?" Mag asked in shock.

Vivian stamped her feet in anger. "I'm a teacher! Not a student!"

"Oh, you're Teacher Vivian." Mag smiled. "You're welcome to listen in. However, I can't guarantee that you will understand."

"Don't worry. I am very talented at cooking. This is a well-established fact in our family," Vivian said confidently.

Mag did not quite believe her. After all, Michael was so busy with work that he definitely would not cook. Besides, the City lord's wife did not seem like a wealthy lady who cooks. In that case, there was not much value in the established fact of being a talented chef in a family of three.

However, since Vivian was interested in listening to him teach, he would not reject her.

A fan would be a fan. Who could choose their fans?

"Are you here for a trial class?" Mag changed the topic.

"Oh! I'm here to listen in on a class, oh no, I'm going to be late!" Vivian smacked her forehead and quickly dashed into the school, not forgetting to turn around and bid Mag goodbye. "Bye Boss Mag! I'm coming over for dinner tonight!"

Mag watched Vivian, who did not seem very smart, as she left. After that, he rode off leisurely on his bicycle.

He did not rush back to the restaurant. Instead, he went over to Scheer's and asked her for some experienced engineers. He was preparing to build a machinery college for Hope School.

Technology makes life better and machinery would be the cornerstone of technology.

Mag wanted some of the children in Hope School to have some hands-on experience with the highest technology in the Norland Continent so that they could join in on projects and might even have the chance to lead some.

1

Chapter 2275: I Would Not Dare To Want You

"Starting a machinery college?" Scheer sat at her office table and looked at Mag in shock.

She knew that Mag had been supporting Teacher Luna in establishing Hope School. She had also donated a sum of money to the education fund. A few days ago, she received a report from Luna and found out that Hope School would be opening soon.

However, from what she understood, Hope School was more of a charity education school that took in children from poor families who could not afford an education. Other than eliminating illiteracy, the children would also be taught some professional capabilities so that they would have a foundation to help them survive in society.

Mag's idea just now was to make the machinery college in Hope School into a place where the Norland Continent's top mechanics would be groomed. With that as the basis, they could proceed to develop in the Norland Continent.

Mag performed spectacularly in his projects from the steam engine to the color printing machine. However, it seemed as though he was just playing around.

But at this moment, Scheer seemed to have seen a resolution to do something seriously upon Mag.

Scheer did not know what else Mag could create, or what kind of talents he would raise. Therefore, she would never let a chance like this slip by.

"Mr. Mag, tell me what you want, I will do my best to support you," Scheer told Mag sincerely.

"Alright. I shall." Mag nodded with a smile. He liked this kind of wealthy lady who had money, looks, and was obedient.

Scheer brought Mag over to the steam train factory. There, the finest and best engineers and machinery designers of Chaos City, and even the Norland Continent, were gathered.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

The designing and making of machinery was a broad and blurry concept to them previously. In the past, each one of them would have to do both the designing and making. Without even one of the abilities, they could not do well in their craft.

After going through the huge project of designing and making the steam train, they had started accepting some new theories which overthrew some perspectives and ways of thinking that were instilled in them.

For example, designing and production could be partnered together. The designers would be in charge of designing and the good craftsmen would materialize the design.

The good part of that meant that it would be easier to become a designer. Even women, who could not lift the heavy hammer could be a good designer.

This could also allow craftsmen to focus more on producing and that was where races more talented in forging, like the demons and orcs, could better develop their skills.

This had a huge impact on the artisan system in the Norland Continent. It could even be considered a revolutionary impact.

The cause of all these changes was a blueprint of the steam train that made everyone take their hats off to Mag, who was the person who made the blueprint.

Therefore, Mag has recently become very popular among the proud designers here.

"I heard that Master Mag is here and on his way over with Miss Scheer."

"Really?! Let's go take a look quickly. The Chief Engineer even said that he was going to invite him over to give us a lesson."

"Let's go, let's go, let's go."

News of Mag's visit spread and other than some engineers who had work at hand, all the engineers went over to take a look.

When Scheer and Mag arrived at the engineering department, they saw the engineers peeking their heads out with expectant looks.

These obsessed mechanics would not usually even give her a second glance even if she came over to them. However, all of them came over as though they were here to see their lover when they heard that Mag was coming.

Is that man so attractive to them?

"Mr. Mag, you're finally here." Chief Engineer Bourell went up and shook Mag's hand enthusiastically.

"I am here to take a look with Miss Scheer and I also have something to discuss with you." Mag nodded with a smile. He knew that the Chief Engineer of the steam train was not interested in him, but his knowledge of machinery.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Miss Scheer." Bourell finally greeted Scheer. However, he quickly turned to look at Mag and said, "Mr. Mag, what are your requirements? I will definitely do my best to help you with anything I can decide on."

"I am here. Shouldn't I be making the decisions?" Scheer dismissed him. Why is this guy so obsessed with Mag?

"I intend to set up a machinery college in Hope School. Currently, we are lacking teachers, so I want to see if I can recruit any talents from you who are interested in teaching." Mag cut straight to the point. In any case, Scheer had already agreed to it, so he was here to pick the people.

"I see..." Bourell was stunned for a while and subconsciously turned to look at Scheer.

Although he was the Chief Engineer of the steam train project and had some say in this place, he was not in the position to make promises with regards to the movement of people in front of his employer.

The engineers who watched were also stunned. They did not expect Mag to be here today to poach them.

Currently, the steam train project is going very smoothly. The railroad leading to the Dwarves' was in construction and the improved steam train was also in the making. Everyone could see that a mighty invention was in the making and so no one was willing to leave at the moment.

"I've already had a chat with Mr. Mag and I am very supportive of Hope School setting up the Machinery College." Scheer nodded and said, "This college would be led by Mr. Mag and the topic of research would be the latest machinery technology. This would open a completely new path in the exploration of machinery design and creation."

Led by Mr. Mag?! Research the latest machinery technology?! Opening a new path?!

Scheer was not loud but the news sounded like thunderous explosions to the engineers.

Their eyes all lit up and they all looked at Mag passionately.

The steam engine came from Mr. Mag. He had displayed his astounding talent in machinery, which made everyone involved in this project respect and idolize him.

Now that he was going to stand out and was going to create a completely new path in machinery design and creation, what would this mean?

It meant that this opportunity would be an event written in the history of the Norland Continent's machinery. On top of that, participants might have a chance of leaving their names in the books of history.

"It is such an important matter. I am naturally going to take part. Mr. Mag, I am willing to join Hope School and be an honorable teacher," Bourell told Mag seriously.

Scheer glanced at him. He was the chief engineer of the steam engine project. If he were to run away, the whole project would have to be put on hold.

Mag also did not know whether to laugh or cry. He said with a shake of his head, "I would not dare to want you. Miss Scheer definitely would not let you go either."

Chapter 2276: He Is Not Someone You Can Lust Over!

Bourell looked at Scheer and met a pretty face with a seemingly gentle smile. He felt the glare in her eyes and shrank back a little. After that, he turned to look at the engineers who looked very enthusiastic, and said, "Don't say that I didn't give you guys a chance. Come forward if you want to take part."

Suddenly, almost all the engineers took two steps forward.

"It looks like you can poach my talents away any time," Scheer told Mag begrudgingly.

Mag did not expect them to be so enthusiastic. However, since they were willing, things became easier to handle.

Mag chose 10 engineers among the group with the help of Scheer and Bourell. Five of them were very talented designers, while the other five had exceptional gifts in machinery forging, materials, and other aspects.

They were all not very old. The oldest was only 25 and they could not be considered experienced engineers.

Mag liked that they were near-clean slates. That way, it would be easier for him to inculcate in them his set of ideology on machinery and they would not be bound by an instilled thought, which might cause a conflict in the latter part of teaching.

On top of that, their basics were not bad, so even if school started immediately, they still had things to teach the students.

"Mr. Mag, are you sure you're choosing these 10?" Bourell looked at the name list and could not help but wonder how he was worse than them.

"Yes, but I'm not sure if they are holding important roles in the steam train project and if they could leave the project." Mag was here to choose suitable people in the context that their work would not be affected.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"Not exactly. They can be replaced for their job scopes," Bourell said with a shake of his head.

"Mr. Mag, these 10 engineers might be going to Hope School but I intend to continue paying them as part of their teaching salary. I also hope to do my part for Hope School," Scheer said.

Mag looked at Scheer with a smile.

How could he not know what Scheer was thinking of? What did it mean for these 10 engineers to go to Hope School but take their salary from Buffett Bank instead of the school? It meant that they still belonged to Scheer.

However, Mag came to find Scheer with hopes of working together.

Scheer was generous enough to lend him her talents and was even willing to pay them a large amount as a salary. This would also lighten Hope School's burden and it was a win-win situation.

She was quite a good partner. She was rich, knowledgeable about the industry, and not greedy.

"Alright, I will thank you on the children's behalf." Mag nodded with a smile.

Mag left Bourell to announce the results. After that, he told the 10 engineers to report to Hope School at 9 a.m. the next morning to take part in the school's test.

After that, Mag did not stay on. He left after promising Bourell to give everyone a lesson the coming week and proceeded to Hope School.

Mag found Luna and told her his intention to set up the machinery college.

"You... have already found the teachers?" Luna looked at Mag in shock.

She only digested the fact that Mag had suddenly added another college after a very long time. What shocked her the most was that he had actually built a team for the machinery college.

"Yes. They are all very young, outstanding, and lively engineers. They are also very professional." Mag nodded with a smile. "On top of that, Miss Scheer is willing to pay their salary, so the school will not have to fork out their pay and will only need to provide them with their basic meals."

Luna opened her mouth slightly and after a while, she bowed deeply to Mag, saying, "I am very grateful for the help you have provided the school."

"Teacher Luna, you are too kind." Mag quickly helped her up and said, "However, they are not professional teachers and they also have not gone through training. Therefore, I would like to push back the machinery college's course by a month to train them so that they can better take on the role."

"These children would require the most basic education after entering school, starting from learning how to read, write, and count. Other than the career training, the more difficult courses can only start after a few months," Luna said.

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

"That's true. We have to eliminate illiteracy first." Mag nodded thoughtfully and realized that he seemed to have missed that out.

Although Hope School was accepting many students this time, the children had basically not gone to school at all before.

The children of various ages were running around every day just to fill their stomachs. They could not even read, so even if they were to enroll in school, they would have to start by eliminating illiteracy.

However, the problem was not a big one. His culinary training could still continue and at the same time, the teachers for the machinery college could also settle down and use two to three months to learn how to better be a teacher. At the same time, they could use this period to do some academic research.

***

"Wow, is this Mr. Mag's restaurant? I've long heard that it's the best restaurant in Chaos City. It really lives up to its name."

"Hehe. We made a small windfall a couple of days ago and are treating Captain to a meal. Of course we have to choose a good restaurant."

"Captain, here, queue up in front."

The Rose Mercenary Squad ushered Sivir to join the long line of people at Mamy Restaurant. They were all smiling and were feeling good.

Although they had been through a life-and-death situation two nights ago, they were lucky to be saved by Lord Alex, and not only did he avert their danger, they even earned a big sum by selling that Golden-Eyed White Tiger. Everyone could get more than 200,000 copper coins after the split.

This was a large sum of money to lower-grade mercenaries like them. They might not even make so much money in a year.

They were all recuperating from their injuries over the past two days and today, they were more or less recovered, so they had decided to come out to celebrate.

Sivir was wearing a body-hugging leather suit, which accentuated her figure perfectly. Her red hair was let down and brushed to one side and she was looking at the signboard of Mamy Restaurant with her hazel-brown eyes.

This was not her first time at Mamy Restaurant, but her second time.

Although she admitted that Mr. Mag's cooking was heavenly, it was really too expensive and she did not bear to spend the money to come over again.

She did not sell the Golden-Eyed White Tiger's phantom core and wanted to keep it as a memento.

Perhaps she would never have the chance to see that man again but this phantom core could remind her of that moment and that would make her motivated to become better and stronger.

She had been spacing out often over the past two days. She even dreamt of becoming his maid last night, serving him as he ate and slept...

She really was not that kind of person!

Sivir took a deep breath and told herself, "Sivir, forget him, he is not someone you can lust over!"

The restaurant door opened and Mag walked out with a smile.

Sivir's gaze landed on Mag and suddenly, in an instant, she seemed to find him familiar. Mag and that masked silhouette started overlapping...

"Stop! Stop!" Sivir hit herself on the back of her head. Oh no, her hallucinations seemed to be getting worse. She actually saw Mr. Mag and Lord Alex overlapping. That was ridiculous!

However...

If it was Mr. Mag, it seemed that she could consider him.

He seemed to be single too, right?

Although he has a child.

But that child is rather cute.

Chapter 2277: I'm Very Formidable Now

Mag had noticed the Rose Mercenary Squad members in the line too. Looking at those smiling faces, a smile appeared on his face too. It seemed like their injuries were almost all healed.

He met Sivir's eyes and sensed that her gaze was slightly weird. Mag's heart jumped. Perhaps she had recognized him?

He had only worn a mask and didn't put on any other disguise that day. Perhaps she had seen through him?

Mag wasn't panicked. He continued to welcome the customers in with a smile.

"Boss Mag, we are coming to eat at your place," Monkey said smilingly. He was in a coma that day, but he seemed very energetic today, so he should have recovered.

The others from the Rose Mercenary Squad greeted Mag too. After all, they had once fought together.

Mag replied smilingly. He rather liked this low-level mercenary squad. Of course, it wasn't because their captain had a good figure, but because of their comfortable and harmonious team spirit.

"Captain Sivir, long time no see." Mag looked at Sivir smilingly. Sivir's outfit today was more casual, but she was still wearing a leather top and pants.

There weren't many people who could make leather clothes look good on them but Sivir was one of them.

The soft and tight-fitting leather pants were excellently tailored. It displayed her curvy figure perfectly.

Please Keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

Her long and slender legs, her curves and her butt, which a cup of coffee could be placed on.

1

"L-long time no see." Sivir was reminded of her crazy thoughts and blushed. She nodded and greeted Mag unnaturally before lowering her head and striding past Mag quickly.

Mag raised his eyebrows slightly. Judging from Sivir's expression and emotions, she hadn't recognized him. Otherwise, she wouldn't be so calm.

However, her condition wasn't very natural, but she did just look like those shy young maidens.

"Perhaps... she's mesmerized by my handsome looks?" Mag was deep in thought. He didn't expect Miss Sivir to be such a shallow woman.

The Rose Mercenary Squad's members sat down on two separate tables. They toned down their voices after entering the restaurant and sat properly.

They had heard about the Mamy Restaurant's rules before. They didn't think much of it before. They felt it was just a restaurant. How was one going to keep quiet while eating and drinking in a restaurant?

However, they saw many powerhouses lining properly when they joined the lines. Many of them were legendary mercenaries, so they immediately reached the consensus of behaving themselves.

A middle-aged man who looked like a magic caster approached them as soon as they sat down. He smilingly said to them, "I'm sorry to disturb all of you. May I know if you are the mercenaries from the Rose Mercenary Squad?"

The Rose Mercenary Squad members sized up the man, but they couldn't see through him, so they decided to treat him like a powerhouse. All of them looked at Sivir.

Sivir stood up and asked, "May I ask who you are?"

This magic caster was very powerful, so there was a hint of alert in Sivir's expression.

She didn't believe that the Rose Mercenary Squad was so famous that a powerful magic caster would come to try to know them, so she was even more wary of his intention.

The magic caster said to Sivir, "You must be Sivir, the captain of the Rose Mercenary Squad. I am Camaro, a pharmacist. I heard that you guys from the Rose Mercenary Squad are selling ingredients from the Golden-Eyed White Tiger, a 7th-tier magic beast. I haven't got the pleasure to meet you guys yet. I didn't expect to bump into you at Mamy Restaurant, so I decided to come forward to ask Captain Sivir abruptly. Do you have the Golden-Eyed White Tiger's phantom core? I am willing to buy it at a high price."

The Rose Mercenary Squad members looked at Sivir instinctively. The phantom core was gifted to the captain by Lord Alex. It was already very fortunate that they managed to survive and were ecstatic and satisfied enough to receive hundreds of thousands of copper coins. They naturally wouldn't lust after that phantom core.

However, the captain didn't mention the phantom core the whole time, and she didn't say if she had sold it either. They didn't expect the buyer to come to her personally.

"I'm sorry, but we do not have the Golden-Eyed White Tiger's phantom core." Sivir shook her head. "You must have seen that we are a low-tier mercenary squad. We would be the Golden-Eyed White Tiger's food if we met a live one."

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

The magic caster was taken aback. His gaze swept past the mercenary squad members and a hint of disappointment appeared in his eyes.

Just as Sivir said, the most powerful person in this mercenary squad was Sivir, a 4th-tier. The others were even weaker.

If a mercenary squad like them bumped into a Golden-Eyed White Tiger, they would only be feeding the tiger and would not be killing the tiger and getting the phantom core.

Sivir had already made it very clear that the Rose Mercenary Squad had simply been very lucky to bump into a dead Golden-Eyed White Tiger and get a good deal.

However, a precious item like the phantom core would have been taken away by the powerhouse who killed the golden-eyed white tiger.

"I'm sorry to disturb you," Camaro said and left.

Monkey softly asked, "Captain, you are not going to sell that phantom core?"

"No. I intend to keep it as a souvenir." Sivir nodded.

"Then, are we going to conceal the fact that we were saved by Lord Alex?" Dennis asked. This was something that they could boast about. He even intended to tell it to his grandchildren and great grandchildren.

All of them looked at Sivir.

"You guys can talk about it. It's a kindness that we should remember forever." Sivir nodded. "But, don't mention the phantom core."

Everyone nodded with understanding. Something that advanced magic casters were after shouldn't be talked about easily.

Mag watched that failed trade from the side. He was surprised that Sivir didn't try to sell the phantom core.

A precious 7th-tier magic beast's phantom core, and one that belonged to the precious Golden-Eyed White Tiger. Its sales price was enough to let her end her mercenary career and open a shop in Chaos City before marrying some down-to-earth guy.

Mag had already given her the item, so he naturally wouldn't care how Sivir dealt with it. He was simply curious.

"Big Sister Sivir." Amy discovered the Rose Mercenary Squad members and ran over in surprise. She ran into Sivir's arms right away and rubbed her head on her soft leather 'pads' before looking up at her and asking, "When are you bringing me to beat up the monsters? I'm very formidable now."

1

Sivir hugged Amy and smiled too. After pondering for a moment, she said, "That will depend on when Mr. Mag gives our mercenary squad a mission."

The little one was tiny and soft, and she felt so nice in her arms. Her exquisite and cute look was even more irresistible.

Sivir even thought that it would be great if this baby was hers. She didn't even have to give birth to her and she was at the perfect age now.

1

"I see..." Amy pondered seriously before nodding and saying, "I'll go ask Father to give you guys a mission to catch the sky monkey."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 5.4K 56
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
206K 1K 192
Mature content
34K 3.3K 62
A college going girl.. 👩 She is sweet and innocent always helping others... A guy in her college... She was always having crush on him from the very...
44.7K 926 91
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...