Love Maze | BTS Poly

By emmiouija

"If we are together, then even this endless maze is paradise." *** Lost in life and needing a change of pace... More

Strangers and Cigarettes
Silly Straw
Just Friends
Three Is Never a Crowd
Let Me Know
Coming Clean
The Truth Untold
Just Dance
Just Dance Part 2
Good Girl
Catching Clouds
Belts and Butterflies
Whiskey Sour
Bring it ON
Cherry Bomb
Daydream
First Love
New Beginnings
Euphoria
Boy with Luv
Just Desserts
Kiss Me Thru the Phone
Born Singer
Pretty Boy
Come Back Home
Ma City
Full House
As Our Lives Change
This Is Us Colliding
First Time He Kissed a Boy
Somewhere Only We Know
You'll Always Have Me
Bustling Sounds and the Deafening Quiet
For You, I'd Bleed Myself Dry
Can We Kiss Forever?
Piece of Peace
Pretty in Pink
The Story We Paint
Challenge Accepted
Party-Worthy
Strange Encounters
Just One Day
Hit Me with Your Best Shot
Endlessly
Take the Plunge
8TEEN
Blue and Grey
Stay
Look Here
Paradise
Telepathy
Sea
All Night
Lie
Fair Trade
Bad Romance
Mikrokosmos
Stigma
Miss Right
We are Bulletproof
Don't Leave Me
House of Cards
Run
Give It to Me
Film Out
Attack on Bangtan
Fly to My Room
Am I Wrong
Dear My Friend
What If...
Jamais Vu
Somebody

Life Goes On

2.2K 116 54
By emmiouija

5 Years Later.

"FBI! Freeze!" I yell out, my gun aimed directly at the perpetrator. "Drop the weapon and keep your hands where I can see them!"

"Don't come any closer!" the perpetrator commands, his gun also pointed at me. "You do and I'll blow your fucking head off!"

My feet stay planted as I order him to drop his weapon again. "Place the gun on the ground and kick it to the side. Now!"

Of course, he refuses.

If he won't drop the weapon on his own, I guess I'll just have to take it from him.

I only manage to get two steps in, though, before the man fires a warning shot into the air.

"I fucking mean it, bitch!" he screams. "Slide your gun over to me, and I'll let you walk out of here with the same amount of holes you came in with."

"Not gonna happen," I impart. "Now, if you don't want to leave this place in a body bag, you'll do as I say. Understand?"

It becomes clear to him that I'm not backing down any time soon. So, with no other choice and no balls to actually shoot me, the man makes a run for it. He heads for an open window located in the back of the warehouse.

Fast on my feet, I catch up to the perpetrator in no time and grab him by his leather jacket, yanking him out of the windowsill.

I'm wrestling with him when—

BANG!

A gun has been fired.

And I've been hit.

Then, suddenly, the lights in the room go from dim to bright red, and the buzzer signaling the end of the drill goes off.

"You're dead, Wilson," my partner notifies, lowering the simulation gun that's pressed against the back of my head. "You had no idea he had me as an accomplice, hiding in that corner."

I look to where my partner is now pointing at. He had concealed himself behind some large wooden crates. Although from where I was standing originally, I would've seen him clear as day.

"You didn't properly check your surroundings before engaging with the perpetrator. You need to survey the area as soon as you enter," he continues. "It's basic shit, Wilson, and you know that."

"Sorry, Crawford," I apologize, frustrated with myself. "I'll be more observant next time."

"There is no 'next time' in this field."

Alex Crawford is a tough partner who gets on my nerves a lot. But he's smart. I need someone like him by my side.

"You need to forget about the Grim Sleeper case and focus," Alex carries on.

"I am focused," I claim.

"Are you? Because if it's distracting you like this, I can ask Chief Starling to take you off the case."

"No!" I shout. I then realize I came off a little too defensive and calm down. "No. Please. This case is really important to me."

"I know it is," he sympathizes, "but try not to get so wrapped up in it, okay?"

I nod. "Okay."

Alex gives me a pat on the shoulder before exiting the warehouse to document his involvement in the drill.

"Don't let Crawford crush your spirits," says Will, the agent who played the main perpetrator. "He just wants to see you improve."

"Yeah, I know," I reply. "Great work today, by the way. The line about my holes was fucking hilarious."

"And it was completely off the cuff too," he chuckles, switching out the simulation gun in his tactical belt for his real one. "My weird improv phase is finally paying off."

"Oh my god, you took improv classes?"

"Sure did. My dream was to be an actor."

"What're you doing in the FBI then?"

"I get stage fright," Will admits with a shrug.

I have to bite my lip in order to stifle a laugh. "Y'know, that's—"

"Yo, Wilson!" Alex calls out, running back into the warehouse. "Chief wants to see us in her office, stat."

"Did you actually tell her to take me off the Sleeper case?" I accuse.

"What? No!" he voices angrily from being blamed.

"Then why does she want to see us?"

"Maybe we'd know already if you'd quit flapping your gums," Alex snaps.

"Alright, damn. Don't get your panties in a twist," I jest.

Alex doesn't find me funny. "Just get moving."

***

"Crawford, Wilson," Chief Starling greets us. "Thank you for coming so quickly."

I flash Alex a smug grin, and he rolls his eyes at me.

"I've called you both here to relay some exciting news," she continues. "You're transferring."

"Transferring?" Alex repeats, appearing rather shocked. "Like, to a different department?"

"Chief, with all due respect, I love the department I'm in and I'd prefer to stay," I express.

"You think I'd do that?" she laughs. "You're one of my top special agents, Wilson. I want you to keep conducting investigations."

"A top agent who gets herself shot in the head," Alex mutters under his breath.

"And, Crawford, since you're also one of my top special agents, I'll let that comment slide," she states.

"So if we'll still be doing investigative work, then where are we being transferred to, Chief?" I inquire.

"International Affairs. You two will be going overseas."

"But what about the Grim Sleeper case?"

"Special Agent Jones will take the lead from now on."

That's the worse thing she could've said.

Agent Jones doesn't think there are any more victims out there. He tells me I'm crazy and that the Grim Sleeper is only fucking with me to buy himself time. If the Grim Sleeper keeps confessing, he can avoid the electric chair for another day.

"How far overseas are we talkin', Chief?" Alex chips in.

"South Korea," she responds.

My eyes widen. "I'm sorry. South what?"

"Korea. I'm sending you to Seoul."

"What's happening in Seoul?" asks Alex.

"The biggest Kpop group, BTS, has been receiving serious threats. The offender has gone so far as to leave dead animals on their front doorstep, signaling that they also want the members dead. Seoul's law enforcement has requested our assistance along with the National Intelligence Service."

Alex looks over at me. "Hey, didn't you work for some Kpop boys when you were living there too?"

"Yup," I deadpan, obviously not thrilled with this conversation (or where the conversation is headed).

"Now, who was it?" he contemplates, thinking hard about it while tapping his chin. "Their name's on the tip of my tongue."

"For the love of god, Crawford," I lament. "It's BTS."

"Yeah, that's the one!"

"And that's exactly why I picked you," Chief Starling smiles. "I'm sure they'd appreciate a familiar face."

Oh, how wrong she'd be.

It has been quite a few years since the breakup, and we haven't spoken since. And, because of my job, I'm under an alias on social media. So if they have ever tried finding me to get in contact again, it would've been nearly impossible. Online, Audaire Wilson doesn't exist.

In addition to cutting all communication with the members, I also left Korea.

I stayed in a hotel for a couple of days after the breakup. I talked to my mom, my sister, and my best friend while I was there, and asked them for their opinion on what to do next. My mom encouraged me to come home, but Annalise and Roxy said I shouldn't. They told me I would be making a huge mistake if I moved back to Ohio; I didn't belong there anymore and I wouldn't be happy living in a small town. So, I didn't go to Ohio. At least not at first...

On my way to the airport, I dropped off my resignation at Big Hit. I left letters for my friends, too, explaining why I was leaving and that I was sorry for doing it. There was a letter for Sungmin, Seoyun, and Jaehwa and Youngmi. I placed one in Misun's mailbox as well.

I'm sure they were angry with me; they would have every right to be. But I hope they understood why I had to go and could find it in their heart to forgive me.

After that was said and done, I hopped on a plane to Hawai'i. My aunt Lani was still caring for my grandmother at the time, and she allowed me to live with them for a while.

Sejin would come to visit her on occasion. When he did, I would stay with a different family member until he left. He and I haven't spoken since my breakup with the members either. Sejin always asked Lani how I was doing though.

Anyway, I lived in Hawai'i for about six months before returning to Ohio. However, I felt so lost when I came home; I had no idea what I was going to do with my life.

While I figured myself out, I went back to work at my old waitressing job. I knew I didn't want to work there forever and that I needed to think of something fast.

And then one day, it hit me: why had I not been trying to achieve my dream job in the FBI?

My father told me growing up that I'd never make it in that field. He probably only said that to deter me so I'd become a cop like him. Regardless, that's not what I wanted in life; I didn't want to be a police officer because of how fucked up the whole system is. But as I was pondering my next career move, I realized I couldn't just sit around and tolerate it. I needed to change it.

That's what pushed me to finally follow my dreams–my new dreams–of changing the system from the inside.

I applied to the FBI academy, got in by a stroke of luck, graduated, and worked my ass off to get where I am today.

Once again, though, my world was about to be turned upside down all because of seven boys from Korea.

"But, Chief, how hasn't the perpetrator been caught yet?" I question. "They live in a gated community and have cameras all over the property."

"The security guards never see anyone suspicious come or go," informs Chief Starling. "The perpetrator also hacks the security system and deletes the camera footage."

"So it's likely an inside job."

"That's what I think too. Seoul's law enforcement doesn't seem to agree though. They believe it's a crazed fan."

"Well, whatever it is," starts Alex, "we'll get the guy who's doing this."

Chief Starling nods. "I know you will."

I know we will too.

I just wish we didn't have to work with BTS to do it.

"When do we head out?"

"In two weeks," she apprises. "That should give you guys enough time to brief Special Agent Jones on the Grim Sleeper case."

"Since we aren't sure how long we'll be gone," I begin, "is there enough time to see our families too?"

"If Jones is all up to speed at the end of the two weeks, yes."

"Don't worry, Chief. He will be," Alex vows.

She flashes us one last smile. "Thank you, agents. That's everything I have for you today. You're free to go."

"Thank you, Chief," we both say.

"Oh, and Wilson?" she pipes up as we're leaving her office.

I turn back around. "Yes, Chief?"

"Try not to get shot in the head anymore."

[AN] I've had this idea in mind pretty much since the beginning of the story, and it's so cool to see it finally playing out :)

P.S. Did you guys like the Silence of the Lambs references?

P.S.S. Thank you so much for 300k reads <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 7.5K 65
In which seven guys fall for the wrong girl. In which they want someone that already belongs to someone else. She's Illegal to them. Or as they ca...
145K 3.4K 20
"Who are you?" "Sweetheart I'm your husband" "What?" Jungkook x Reader Fanfiction *Apologizing in advance this story is so bad but read it if you'd...
186K 7.3K 71
"My heart is divided in 7 pieces and each of those pieces make me whole. Right here, in this very moment, nothing else fucking matters. The jealousy...
183K 6K 19
You never knew that loving seven people would be so hard, but you also never thought that seven people would turn your life upside down. . . #1 in 방탄...