No F.U.N | Choi Seungcheol

By PariWritesFfns

"It takes an eternity to build but only a moment to destroy. You could've saved us yet you chose to break it... More

Prologue
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.

12.

1.1K 39 2
By PariWritesFfns

::

Jung Min's eyes scanned the house thoroughly. Yuri had clearly moved out, from the lack of any personal furniture or items lying around. It also seemed she had made a thorough check in separating both the ground and first floors. The first floor was being offered as a working studio with a separate entrance from the back and the ground floor was a residential space, the connection to which was completely closed off.

Despite being the same property, Yuri had divided both spaces in a way that its tenants would have no reason to meet with boundaries set for the garden as well. While the ground floor enjoyed the feel of luxurious housing with a pool on the side, the first floor was a practical workspace for those who preferred a personal controlled work environment. Jung Min thought about it. There could not have been a better choice for what he wished to set up.

Dialling an international number in the middle of the day, he brought his phone up to his ear, "Daepyo-nim," he snickered victoriously as he addressed the party on the other end, "What do you think of coming back to your home country, Korea? Are you not curious about the child you left behind?"

The person on the other end chose to remain silent, humouring the antics of her caller. But Jung Min did not need any encouragement to continue, he was overflowing with tons in place of his benefactor, "For how much longer are you going to continue watching from afar? I've found the perfect place for you and our new company to set up its work."

"Our?"

Jung Min gulped at the gravity in the woman's voice, "N-no. Yours, of course." He quickly admitted, fearful of the strength she held. "I'm just guarding your post here until you come, Daepyo-nim. So, won't you come to check it out?"

She didn't like the cheekiness of the man she was talking to. But it was the closest connection to Yuri that she could grab to keep an eye on what was going on. Jung Min too, was dispensible, with a lot of greed and enough wit to put her plans in motion. With Yuri growing further out of her reach, it was time for her to sharpen her claws and see the truth with her own eyes, "So?" She asked, interested, "What is this perfect place you're talking about?"

Jung Min grinned wide at the sound of that, "Why? Of course," he spoke, "It's your daughter's house after all."

::

Yuri had reached a little early, with Seungcheol leaving her to go grocery shopping at the supermarket nearby. Having checked and reapplied the makeup under her eye and over her shoulder, Yuri looked at herself in the mirror, scanning over the tiniest details until she was satisfied.

The variety show opening was scheduled in the cafe, meaning no waiting room or makeup room was provided. Cast members were merely asked to wait in their cars on standby. But Coups had already left with the car and Yuri had spent fifteen minutes fixing her makeup, leaving her no time to waste. She directly entered the shoot after asking for permission.

Bowing slightly as she greeted the staff, Yuri asked the person attaching the mic to her shirt, "Who else is joining the show?" She had heard about Yu Jae Seok being a part of it but the rest of the cast was still a mystery. Yuri noticed that the cameras had already started rolling, "Are we starting right away?"

"You'll see." Chul Min PD replied, "You have a very curious personality, don't you?" He asked while the cameras had already started rolling.

Yuri gave a guilty smile, "I can't stand mysteries. I always feel like I have to find the answer first."

The PD smiled, nodding, "You remind me of Jeon So Min a little bit." He had said when Yu Jae Seok entered with a boisterous greeting, "Anyeonghaseyo! Yuri-yah, why are you here so early?"

He spoke, walking towards Yuri with his mic already attached. "You made me hurry too." The national MC spoke, smiling as Yuri bowed, greeting him courteously. "So Min-ie acts exactly like you, all excited and early."

"No, no." She denied softly, "I'm just glad to see everyone after so long."

Her chiding worked for the elder who put on a wise face and nodded along, "Yes, it's nice to see you. Didn't you come out with a single recently? Celebrations?" He grew confident when Yuri nodded, awed by the knowledge he held even about someone as relatively insignificant as her, "It's with those Seventeen members Scoups and Woozi, right?"

Yuri gasped for the camera, amazed, "How did you know?"

Her reaction was both great for the show and the comedian's ego as he grinned proudly, "I know, of course. I always check out your newest songs." Yuri wondered if the rumour about him siphoning information and keeping tabs through a personal assistant to keep his position was indeed true. Just then another member entered and Yu Jae Seok's attention shifted to them.

With the show proceeding towards a fun opening and excitement, Yuri was pulled to the side by one of her cast members. She looked at the person with innocent eyes. "I didn't know you were cast for this variety show too." The guest spoke, "Seungcheol-ie should've told me. He'd be so happy to hear we'd met!"

Yuri looked stunned. Not many people knew of her relationship with Seungcheol and those that did were already well acquainted with her. "How do you know Cheol-ssi?" She asked, looking at the beautiful woman in front of her.

Honey J waved a hand in the air like it was nothing. "Why of course? We had a common rapper friend. He's a good kid, was nice to me every time we met."

::

Seungcheol had collected most of the things he required at the supermarket when he got a text from Yuri. It was a selfie of her with Honey J. It made him raise an eyebrow as he quickly texted back.

Yuri:
We look good, don't we? 12:34 pm

Cheol:
You always look good, babe 12:34 pm
Honey J is a cast member too? 12:35 pm

He wondered how the two had come to meet when they had no common acquaintances. Honey J was just someone Seungcheol was comfortable around, a respectable person that treated him like she would any dongsaeng. Of course, there were stories of him she knew (from the common friend) that Seungcheol wished wouldn't reach Yuri's ears. It couldn't be helped if she was a cast member like Yuri though.

Yuri:
No, just today's guest 12:36 pm
Why didn't you tell me you knew her? 12:37 pm

Cheol:
She came by the concert 12:38 pm
Don't you remember? 12:38 pm
Oh right, you left in between Aju Nice for your schedule 12:39 pm
Noona's a nice person. She'll take good care of you 12:40 pm

Yuri:
No wonder 12:40 pm
Yeah, we'll have fun shooting :) 12:41 pm

Cheol:
What do you want for dinner btw? I'm at the super 12:41 pm
Meat? Kimchi Fried Rice? 12:42 pm

Seungcheol nodded to himself, as he looked through the shelves wondering what he was going to do for the Cooks Coups schedule when he got a call from his manager. "Are you coming here? I brought a car with me." There was an early morning recording the next day and the manager was asking the group to meet to discuss the team plan. "Come over here then," he asked his manager, "I'll drop the car at Yuri's shoot and we'll head on over from there."

Suddenly seeing Yuri's favourite tteok on sale, he remembered the text he'd sent her and checked for replies,

Yuri:
Japchae-rice. Get double the ingredients. I'll cook and pack some for your dorms too. 12:43 pm
Or do you want me to teach you how to make it? 12:44 pm

Cheol:
Both. 12:45 pm
But we'll have to take a rain check for tonight. How about tomorrow instead? Will leave the car keys and bags at the building lobby desk 12:46 pm

Yuri:
Yeah, of course. See you tomorrow~ 12:47 pm

Somehow, Seungcheol didn't have to worry about extensively explaining himself to Yuri. She always understood. And he was always grateful for it.

Cheol:

Manager-nim clicked a few verification shots of my trip to the supermarket :) 1:23 pm
I think the beanie will look good on you too. Should we get couple ones? 1:24 pm

::

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 3.1K 101
Loves to read FANTASY and FANFIC at the same time? Here's one for you ❤ ~ I am just an ordinary fan of the group SEVENTEEN, I was having a camp when...
56.4K 1.2K 69
She lost her mother. Her father remarried a woman who has a child of her own. That moment on the altar, she had also lost her father. She ran away fr...
13.9K 498 22
Dino x Seventeen One-shots because we need more of it. Requests are open!❤️ I use my laptop to write so it is possible to find a lowercase. For easie...
462 55 7
" You can't just leave whenever your heart fancies, darling.. We've... built something here, something... special. And you... you're the center of it...