The Bad Boy's Crush (bxb)

By Back_home_BB

"You're mine." "W-what?!" "You heard me." The male leaned in ever so closely to Noah's ear and said from the... More

1) The Beginning
2) Ray Carter
3) He's your... What?!
4) Internal Confusion
5) Not again...
6) Sasha
7) Red Skulls, Black Skulls
8) Failed attempt
9) Black Skull Tattoo? Is it a family thing?
10) Family dinner
11) Blowjob
12) Riddle
13) The meeting
14) Pet? I'm sorry what?
15) Christmas Gift
16) Twisting the Truth
17) Friendship
TBBC Q&A Interview
18) Little Mermaid's hickey
19) Underwater, different person
20) Like brother, Like brother
21) By the Black Skull's Oath.
22) On the Verge of Consciousness
23) On the Verge of Conciousness (Pt.2)
25) Eventful Day's Eventful End
26) Missing and Murdered
27) Return
28) To track down a tracker
29) Similar Yet Different
30) Caged emotions
31) The Beginning of Doubt
32) With or Without Consequence
33) Progression

24) The Lion's Den

7.7K 183 483
By Back_home_BB

Ryland followed his older brother and father quietly with his eyes cast down to the ground. He clenched his jaw, dreading the lecture he was about to be bombarded with.

He knew what they would say, the same, repetitive things: You're too young for this. You shouldn't have fought them head on. You just joined the Black Skulls. You just turned sixteen.

The three turned the corner and entered Xavier's large office, which had Alexander already seated on one of the armchairs, patiently. The twenty-two year old looked up at the three, his eyes sliding over onto the two brothers, impassive.

Ray went over to the opposite armchair and dropped into it lazily, with his legs spread comfortably and arms drooping on the armrests. He turned his head to the side and stared at his younger brother silently.

Ray couldn't help the feeling of disappointment.

Not with Ryland, but with himself.

He let his younger brother get hurt, he didn't do a good job with guiding him, and as his older brother, he didn't teach him well.

Ray's glare deepened and he turned away. 

"Ryland," Xavier started, looking across the room at his youngest son, "You know, that-"

"I know, I know!" Ryland said, exasperated, "I shouldn't have fought them. But I was fine with fighting them, I was winning!"

Ray closed his eyes, breathing in deeply trying to suppress his annoyance. He knew when Ryland was lying. Ray knew, that Ryland could have been fatally wounded.

"No, you wasn't." His father retorted with force, "Do not lie to me. Gabriel found you exhausted, limping and bloodied- along with that, James was crying. You did not have the upper hand against whoever you fought.

Ryland tried to keep the irritation out of his voice, "There were four of them and they had knives. It's only reasonable for me to have some sort of injury." When he looked up at his father, Ryland paused.

Maybe he should have kept that information to himself.

"Do you know what they looked like?" Xavier asked calmly.

Ray watched as Ryland licked his dry lips and shook his head, "No, they were just roadmen. Random ones."

Another tug of annoyance pulled at Ray. He didn't bother to try identify them?

Nodding his head, Xavier sighed, "You're not ready."

It was Ryland's turn to be annoyed. He frowned, letting his irritation be shown, "Yes I am! I just made a mistake-!"

"You, only just..." Xavier trailed off with a pointed finger at Ryland's face, "... turned sixteen. You are not experienced enough."

Every member joins at the age of sixteen on their own will. If apart of the family is unwilling to join, you're sworn to secrecy and instead, either moved out, or asked to help instead- whether it be medically or simple chores.

The youngest son gritted his teeth with clenched fists, "I am! I had them on my own, I could've beat them! I just-"

His thoughts traced back to how James screamed out in pain and how he thought he had gotten hurt, causing him to lower his guard. Ryland cleared his throat, straightening himself, "I just got distracted."

"Distracted?" Ray scoffed from the sofa, "That's the fucking problem, you have to pay attention to who you're fighting and in your case, you were stupid enough to fight against four who were armed? You've only been in for three fucking weeks."

"Ray, stop," Xavier hushed quickly- conversations with Ray in a pissy mood never went well. He looked back at his youngest son, "Even if you get distracted, you keep your guard up and win."

"I- I did! I was close to!" Ryland protested, glaring at both his brother and father, "Why do you always say I'm too young or- or I'm not experienced enough! You let Ray and Alex do everything at sixteen!"

Alexander blinked and sunk into his chair. 

Don't mention me, I'm not involved.

Ray had enough. He got off his seat with a growl and stalked to his younger brother, who looked up at him with a petulant glare. 

Ryland always compared with his brother, and every time, Ray twitched in agitation at Ryland not realising how lucky he was to not have gone through what he had.

"You think you're ready?" Ray shoved his shoulder harshly, breaking a surprised stumble from Ryland, "Then go, go pick a fight with every fucker on the street. Go beat them to the floor-"

"Ray," Xavier said, observing.

"I've told you so many fucking times to look at the situation before getting into fights. Go fuck up those who carry weapons and get stabbed, thats how you fucking learn-" Another shove.

"Ray." Xavier warned again.

Alexander too, had gotten up with wary eyes.

Memories of five years ago flashed across Ray's mind. The blood, the letter, the fear and revolt.

Ray towered onto Ryland and gave him another final, savage push which caused the now shaken boy to stagger onto the cushioned armchair behind him. He looked up at his older brother with wide, apprehensive eyes.

Ray's expression contorted into fury, "DO ALL OF THAT UNTIL YOU MEET A MEMBER FROM THE RED SKULLS!" He bellowed.

Xavier stepped forward, along with Alexander. With a hard gleam in his eyes, Xavier ordered lowly, "Ray, that's enough. Stop."

However the hot-headed nineteen-year-old wasn't finished, "YOU WANT YOUR ENDING TO BECOME LIKE MOTHERS?! GO THE FUCK AHEAD!"

Ryland froze.

A hand shot out and grabbed Ray's collar, yanking him back. Ray was harshly tossed into the chair he was previously sitting on and was now seated in front of his father.

The look in his father's eyes was frighteningly hostile as he glared down at his eldest son. "I said that's enough."

Ray stopped and stayed in his seat, heaving and puffing from his anger. He kept the cold contact with his father, knowing to listen.

After all, he is the leader of this mafia.

On top of that, he was his father.

The air in the room began to rise thickly: Alexander stood, not knowing what to do while Ryland sat frozen in his seat with his eyes blown wide. The silence continued as Ray and Xavier held the heated eye-contact.

Finally, Xavier straightened his clothes as Ray lowered his frustrated gaze to his thighs. Xavier said in a calmer voice, "Before I am a leader of a mafia, I am a father." He started and looked at both his stiff sons, "And I forbid my two only sons to bicker like this once my place is taken. And you," He turned to Ray, a wild look in his eyes that made everyone in the room freeze up, "Never bring up your mother like that. Do you understand?"

Ray stayed quiet but gave a curt nod. Xavier turned to Ryland, "As for you, I refuse to have another carved out heart on a platter be delivered to my door."

The muscles in Xavier's jaw tightened and he declared steadily, "You are no longer apart of the Black Skulls."

Ray's head snapped up and he looked at his younger brother with disbelief.

Ryland felt a rise of cold ice crawl up his spine and he stared at his father in shock, "D-Dad?"

"I've given you chances after chances, Ryland." Xavier whispered, "I love you too much to risk anything else."

Ray stood, silent and shocked at his father's words.

He had never received that line.

The whole room fell quiet in apprenhension. Alexander spoke for the first time, hesitant, "Xavier... don't you think that... that's a bit harsh-?"

"Are you questioning me?" Xavier asked calmly, looking at Alexander with emotionless dark blue eyes that matched Ray's staring, processing ones.

Lapis-like eyes bore into emerald and Alexander blinked, taken aback. He swallowed; This was the first time in years he has seen Xavier this... demanding.

Alexander shook his head, "No, Sir."

Ray's heart rate began to increase gradually and he quickly looked over at Ryland, whose eyes began to look moist with tears.

"Dad, please." Ryland tried, choked up.

Swallowing down the worry for his brother, Ray cast his eyes down, sewing his lips shut into a frown.

"Ryland, you'll be with Aiden from now on, you will not be in meetings with us and you'll help medically," Xavier confirmed sternly, ignoring the water droplets that desperately clung to Ryland's lower lashes, "Go downstairs, dinner should be served."

Ryland stood on shaky legs and looked up at his father, desperately. He stepped towards him, "I-I can do better." He swallowed at the unwavering expression on his father's face, "It was one mistake. It won't happen again, I-I-"

Ray bowed his head and squeezed his eyes shut. This whole situation reminded him of his younger self. His younger self that pushed himself to be better, to exceed his expectations. To be better than the current leader- quoted from the leader himself.

"No." Xavier cut Ryland off, fixing him with a hard stare and leaving no room for excuse, "I won't allow it."

Ryland sucked in a breath and moved his eyes to his brother and Alexander, both avoiding to look at him. He looked at the ground, refusing for his tears to fall.

I'm not good enough.

Ryland's thoughts taunted him mockingly.

That's the reason. I'm just not good enough.

Without another word, Ryland turned away from the three and walked to the door, pulled it open and walked out.

As soon as Ryland left, Ray shot his head up to look at his father's back, "Father..." He just hoped Xavier's pride wouldn't get in the way, "Isolating him would do nothing. In fact, knowing Ryland, he'll just go and do something even more-"

"I'm not isolating him, I'm protecting him. You should know this," Xavier interrupted. He slowly turned to look at the other two in his office, "I hope both of you understand that keeping Ryland in would hardly be a kindness right now."

"Sir, if I may..." Alexander began, "Dismissing him isn't exactly a kindness either."

Xavier simply nodded, "I've been too kind with him. He needs to learn."

Ray looked up at this. Is he going to start teaching Ryland as he did Ray?

"But right now," Xavier sighed, "It's time for dinner. Both of you, go down and eat. I'll be down soon."

Ray and Alexander got up to leave. "Ah, Alexander?" Xavier added quickly.

Both Ray and Alexander turned to look at Xavier, who held a dangerous glint in his eyes, "Tell Mark and his group to find out the people who hurt my son and bring them to me."

Alexander nodded, "Understood."

With that, the two left the office.

Ray turned to Alexander and if the older didn't know any better, he could've sworn Ray came off as desperate, "Alex, can't you say anything to him?"

Alexander paused before answering, "We view Xavier very differently, you and I," another slow of words, "You see him as your father, I see him as my leader." He turned to Ray and kept him under a steady gaze, "There's a huge difference. To me, his words are law. To you, his words are advice."

"That's not true," Ray denied with an adamant tone, "Father sees you as his own son."

Ray saw the corners of Alexander's lips stretch to his cheeks as he laughed, "He does, and I too, see him as someone who raised me," the smile turned into a grin that brought out his eye smile, "But that doesn't necessarily mean that I don't view him as my leader now, does it?"

Xavier took in a parentless orphan, Alexander, at the age of ten and had raised him ever since. To Ray, he was that older brother he had never had the chance to have.

With nothing else to say to this, Ray let Alexander clamp his hand on his shoulder and walk away after a reminder of, "Dinner's ready, come down."

Ray watched him walk off with pocketed hands and stood, his mind focusing on several things.

Ryland, Noah, Liam.

What was he supposed to do?

[ . . . ]

Noah gently rubbed his palm on James's back, letting his younger brother use his shoulder to hide his frustration and anxiety.

The small shivers and sobs broke Noah and he felt his heart pull drastically in his ribcage.

James wept, "H-He shouldn't be out! H-His sentence was t-too short!"

Shutting his eyes, Noah breathed in a trembling breath and tightened his arms around the crying boy.

[ Flashback to four years ago]

"James!" A cheerful voice rang through the school halls. James turned around with his two friends to see who called his name, but was collided with a small body that jumped upon him.

"Chase! Get off me!" James laughed, tugging the black-haired boy off him. Dark freckles danced on his brown skin as Chase stumbled backwards, giggling, "Happy Birthday James!"

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're obsessed with James, Chase," The boy next to James laughed, tugging him closer with his arm around James's shoulder. The slight colour in his face gave his fair skin a healthy glow as he turned his head to plant a small kiss on James's temple. "Happy Birthday, bro."

James rolled his eyes with a grin, pushing his friend's face away and watching as he laughed, "Fuck off Isaac!"

"Oh for God's sake can you two please act at least a bit sensible in the open?" The girl beside James's right chastised with a point of her finger, "There's people watching!"

"Let them," Isaac replied simply, grinning at the girl, "Besides, when has someone ever complained, Maddie?"

Madison squinted her eyes, before shrugging and flicking her blonde hair in Isaac's face, "Do what you want, then."

"Hey! If Isaac can kiss you, I can too!" Chase flashed his boxy smile before trying to get on his tip-toes and kiss James's cheek. Isaac let out an amused laugh and caught the small boy by the collar, tugging him back gently. He grinned, puffing out his chest, "That's because I'm different, James and I knew each other since year 4."

"Different my ass," Madison sneered, shooting the three a sly look, "All of us knew each other since primary, stupid. We all went to this combined school."

"James."

The four stopped at the raspy voice and turned, all looking up to stare at the owner of the voice. Black strands of hair hung over his forehead to reach his obsidian-like eyes that were displayed with the thick gradual eyebrows that were hidden behind his hair.

The boy looked like he had already went through puberty at their young age, with his broad shoulders, towering height and defined features.

James smiled at the face, "Killian, hey."

Killian stalked forward, lips parted to say something, "It's your birthday."

The hold around James's shoulders tightened as Isaac glared at the boy who approached, wary.

"I got you a present, do you want it?" Killian inquired and stood in front of James, ignoring the others, as if they didn't exist.

James's eyes widened, "K-Killian you didn't need to. I'm fine-"

"So you don't want it?" The taller boy's eyes narrowed, dark eyes glinting dangerously.

"No! As in- Yes, I'll take it," James laughed. Lips pulling up into a grin, Killian nodded before turning around and walking away, "I'll give it to you after school."

Once he was gone, James was pulled to the side and was now facing Isaac, who wore an angered expression.

Though he looked angry, his voice came out as worried, "You still talk to him? James, I said to stop talking to him!"

James patted him placatingly, "Isaac, you're overreacting, he's fine!"

"No- No! No that's what he wants you to think! He's- He's dangerous and manipulative!" The brunette protested, frustration biting at him and causing his voice to come out rough, "James! Listen to me- Trust me!"

James blinked. Isaac was never this desperate: His eyebrows were drawn up into a furrow and his brown eyes held a sort of anxious shimmer that James has never seen in his years of knowing the boy. "Don't accept his gift. Even if it looks harmless, just don't."

James swallowed, biting his lip and drew his eyes from the floor to meet Isaac's, "Okay. If it makes you stop worrying."

The end of the day came pretty fast and James nearly had forgotten about Killian and his gift. Until he strolled out of the school gates and turned the corner, bumping into the boy.

"James."

James looked up, face lighting up with realisation, "Oh yeah, Killian I-"

Killian held out a hand which had a box sitting in the middle of his palm, "Your gift."

He eyed the box, stomach swirling in discomfort at remembering Isaac's words. He reached out and opened the box; His eyes widened immensely at the sight of what was inside: There, sitting in the middle was a watch.

It wasn't a cheap-looking watch. It was shining in silver and had fancy digits as the numbers. The golden clock hands themselves looked like it could've taken hours to carve.

James swallowed, hands shaking slightly, "H-How much... was this?"

"Why?"

Giving his lips moisture, James shook his head, hesitantly placing the box gently back into Killian's palm, "I... I can't accept this."

"Why? Do you not like it?" Killian asked gruffly, looking at the watch with screwed eyebrows.

"I- I do but- but-" James couldn't accept something so expensive. 

It just felt wrong. Holding that, wearing it. It didn't feel right to James.

"I just... can't accept it."

Killian's confused face contorted into fury and he inched closer to James, backing him into a corner, "It's 'cause of the Isaac bitch, isn't it?"

Panic shot through James at the sudden change in Killian's demeanor. "What? No! Isaac- Isaac's got nothing to do with this!" Came the nervous laugh from James.

Killian's face didn't change, in fact, it darkened even more, "You gonna let him tell you what to do? You ain't gonna choose yourself? The fuck is he to you? Your fucking boyfriend?"

James darted his eyes to every inch of Killian's face, mind not being able to think of something to say, "No- No, Killian-"

"You're gonna say no to me just because of him? Do I need to get rid of him for you?"

James began to believe Isaac. Maybe he was as dangerous as Isaac said.

"That bastard has been getting on my nerves," Killian growled, driving his fist into the wall beside James's head. He withdrew it, staring into the terrified, blown wide, sky gray eyes, "You don't want my fucking gift just 'cause he said so? Fine, I'll give you a better gift."

Killian leaned in, scaring James even more. His blood felt like it turned to ice at the cruel, ominous sneer that appeared on Killian's lips, "I'll get you something better. And that time, you won't have Isaac telling you to not accept my gift."

[ Present time ]

Noah lifted James from his shoulder after he had calmed down. He traced his thumbs under his eyes to wipe the tears and smiled, "Come on, it's dinner time."

The two brothers left the infirmary and was now at the main entrance, on their way to the dining room.

"Noah! James!"

They froze at the high-pitched shrill and slowly turned around. Their mother, Evelyn, flicked her shoes off hurriedly and padded to her two boys, worry lacing every inch of her face. "You two!"

Their eyes widened and they flinched back at the swat she landed on both their arms, "You two!"

After years, this was the first time their mother had physically let out her anxiety and frustration.

But Noah had to admit, at his big age of eighteen, he missed it.

A grin unconsciously played at his lips, however he immediately dropped it at the next furious slap on his shoulder, "Are you smiling?!"

"No- No-" Noah denied, shielding his face with a smile.

James ducked his head, trying to look like he was avoiding her hits, but was actually grinning ear to ear. 

"I- I was worried sick! I got a call from Zanyah saying- saying- oh God!"

They were pulled into a hug and Noah caught his two friends behind them, a guilty expression on their faces. He pinned them down with a stare.

'I'll tell them to not tell her' huh? Yeah, sure.

"W... We couldn't find them..." Priyanka mumbled sheepishly, rubbing her elbow.

"ELIJAH!"

They all jumped out their skin at the shriek and Elijah whipped around, terrified.

In stormed Tierra with her bag and she pointed at Elijah ,"You! "

Elijah raised a finger and pointed at himself, "M-Me?"

"'ow dare you igno' my calls! Do you t'ink you a' a big man now?!" Tierra waddled to Elijah and grabbed him by the arm, shaking him, "A' you okay?"

"Ow, mama I'm fine. I'm not hurt, Noah is," Elijah grumbled as his mother let go of her son and ran to Noah, squashing both James and Noah in her arms with a bunch of 'are you okay's and ' who hurt you's.

Elijah's eyes suddenly focused on someone walking down the curved staircase.

Alexander.

His pocketed hands came out to flick back his hair and a dashing smile graced his face, making Elijah's stomach erupt with fluttering sensations.

The gem-like, green eyes slid over to them and seemed to be looking at Elijah. Elijah swallowed and got ready to pretend he didn't notice him.

The man approached, stepping closer to him.

Yes, come closer.

But Alexander didn't stop in front of Elijah.

His footsteps stepped away from Elijah and passed him, stiffing Elijah to the bone. The nineteen-year-old rigidly turned his head and his heart dropped to his stomach, like a stone that crushed the butterflies there.

"Mia!" Alexander flashed a charming smile at Elijah's older sister and embraced her into a hug. Elijah's twenty-year-old sister smiled up at him, hugging him back, "Alexander! How've you been?"

Their conversation became muffled to Elijah's ears as he witnessed the sight in front of him. Alexander had acted like he was a ghost.

His pupils contracted whilst he watched the man lean down and whisper something into Mia's ear, to which she giggled at.

Giggled at.

 What was going on? Since when did those two become that close?

Xavier made his appearance by then, snapping Elijah back to reality. He announced with smile, "Everyone, please get to the dining room, dinner has been served."

Zanyah had to physically tear Evelyn away from Noah and James so they could make their way to the dining room.

Noah stood, befuddled, along with James, and they blinked at each other. The two had mirrored appearances: Shuffled and ruffled hair from how vigorously their mother was checking if they were okay.

They gave an exasperated-looking smile and shook their heads, following everyone else into the dining room.

Noah spotted Ray coming into the dining room and paused at the expression of annoyance etched on his face.

Why was he annoyed?

The thought lingered at the back of Noah's mind as everyone sat down, with Xavier at the end of the table and Zanyah at the other end.

On Zanyah's left was Alison first, then Priyanka, followed by Elijah and Noah. Next to Noah sat Ray.

On Zanyah's right was Evelyn, then Tierra and Mia.

Elijah glared at the duo opposite him: Next to Mia was Alexander; The two were smiling and chatting away.

Then there was Kaito next to Alexander, followed by Miguel, Chelsea and Dray, who were there from the start, all sitting in that exact line.

With Aiden opposite Dray, Ryland sat next to his brother, leaving James in the middle of him and Aiden.

Dinner was served: A thick slice of heavily seasoned, steak was on the side of the plate, decorated with coriander and cream cheese that melted perfectly onto the side. A healthy portion of roasted mushrooms, beans and carrots sat next to the steak along with two slices of garlic bread. Last was the peppered roast potatoes that's edges were baked to a perfect crisp golden brown.

There was also a glass of rich port wine in triangular glasses that the butlers immediately gave out after the dish.

Ryland, spotting the drink, reached forward for it but his glass was snatched by his brother next to him and was then downed within seconds.

Already angered with the events today, Ryland glared at his brother and felt like smashing the glass in his fury, but held back.

There's new guests.

Ray pinned him in his seat with a stern gaze, "Two more years. You're underaged."

Ryland scoffed at this and felt a sudden disgust at the food that he'd usually be scoffing down. He mumbled in a breath that only Ray caught, "As if we give a shit about what's legal and what's not."

Ignoring this, Ray, with Noah's favour, reached over and took James's glass of wine and passed it to Noah, "Here."

Noah disregarded the wine with surprise and looked at Ray, waving his hands, "I don't drink." Instead, Noah gently pushed the cup to him and smiled, "You drink it."

They started eating, the table bustling with chatter: Elijah, however, was disturbed.

He tried to ignore it, he tried acting as if it didn't bother him, he tried to continue the conversation with his friends and act normal.

Though both Noah and Priyanka didn't miss the glances Elijah spared at the duo opposite them three. 

They didn't miss the way his smile twitched away, nor did they miss the way he quickly looked away from the two with lowered eyes.

Noah and Priyanka lifted their eyes from Elijah to check each other, before exchanging a silent look and putting a piece of steak in their mouths.

The two did notice the way Alexander and Mia were talking and smiling.

Noah also noticed how silent his own brother and Ryland was and he looked at Ryland's wound, grimacing at how badly the cut was across his brow.

He trailed his eyes over to the squad of friends on the opposite side and looked at Dray who was chatting an awfully invested amount with Aiden across from him.

A slow smile creeped onto his face, before falling in surprise.

A hand crawled onto his thigh under the table and he flinched in shock, before looking at the large hand and up at Ray, who studied him with a hard stare. Ray squinted his eyes and gruffed out lowly, "Why are you looking at him like that?"

"What?" Noah blinked, genuinely confused, "Who? Like what?"

Ray huffed, glaring at Dray for a second, "You're smiling at him." Ray let his hand pull along Noah's thigh and he traced small circles on the inner, soft skin at the top. Noah's stomach swirled as the tracing became more like small pinches. "You don't smile at me like that."

Noah stopped, realising something.

He refrained a smile, eyes lighting up with amusement.

There was a possibility, a very big possibility. 

Is he jealous?

Noah leaned forward with a mischievous smile, "Are you..." Ray looked down at his cheeky grin and raised an eyebrow, "... jealous?"

Noah suddenly felt a lot more confident at being able to make Ray jealous and he smugly went back to eating, popping a potato in his mouth and glancing at Ray's taken-aback expression.

Ray prodded his lip out and licked his lips with an entertained glint in his gaze. The soft pinching on Noah's thigh suddenly morphed into tight gripping of the inner thighs and the potato on Noah's fork dropped back onto his plate.

He startled in his seat and clamped his thighs shut; However the hand stayed in the middle.

"You wanna tease? You better be ready for a game like that," Ray remarked huskily, making sure everyone else's attention was elsewhere before speaking. Noah bit his lip and duck his head over his plate, trying to not make any sound.

Another squeeze: Noah had always been sensitive on his inner thighs and ears.

Ray leaned closer, grabbing Noah's fork with his other hand to make it look like he was helping Noah separate the sliced steak pieces. He whispered deeply, "Because I'm not afraid of being jealous." 

Ray grinned at the silent other, "And I'll make it very obvious that you're mine, you have my word."

Something in Noah exploded with butterflies: Like a bubble in his stomach that was holding back from bursting into million of pieces.  

The rapid beating of the heart and swirling sensation of nerves was not a good combination for Noah, because it was causing his lungs to gradually demand more air, more quickly. 

Observing the affect of his words, Ray, with a final firm squeeze, backed away to his original position and retreated his hand with a triumphant smirk on his lips.

And there it was: The rush of colour to Noah's face and the blazing feeling of embarrassment and fluster.

How was he to lift his head without everyone seeing his burning red face?

He quietly cleared his throat and slowly lifted his head up, poking his fork through a mushroom.

"Why are you so red?" Elijah questioned next to him, bringing the attention of everyone at the table.

Noah swallowed, licking his lips, "It's- It's just a bit spicy. The steak."

Priyanka blinked, looking at Elijah who furrowed his eyebrows, "You can take spice better than me though."

Noah gave a nervous laugh, shuffling his hands, "I do? No, I don't think-"

"But honey," Evelyn butted in with a frown, "I cook spicier than this and you eat that with no problem." She stood up half-way, "Are you okay? Do you have a fever?"

Ray sipped on his wine, hiding his sly grin behind his glass while enjoying how the flustered boy next to him was trying to get out of his little situation.

Xavier stood up with concern, "Should I get the nurses?  You're not fully healed, do you need rest?"

Noah shook his head quickly, hiding his face with is hands, "I'm fine, I'm fine, really. I just- just..." He cursed Ray in his head for putting him in this predicament, "Just feel a bit hot, it'll go away."

"Oh?" Alexander smiled, exchanging a look with Ray. His eyes twinkled delicately, "But isn't it Winter?"

Ray snorted behind his glass and he grinned, going back to sipping his drink.

Noah glared behind his hands.

That smug, confident, big oaf!

"Doesn't mean he doesn't feel hot," Elijah snapped at Alexander, eyebrows narrowed down.

Surprised at his tone, Alexander turned his gaze to Elijah and raised his left brow in question, "I believe it's not hot in here. Are you feeling hot too, Elijah?"

Elijah glared, folding his arms and ignoring the looks Mia and Tierra sent him. He sassed back, "Well you might have iron deficiency. I, for one, am feeling quite frustrated and hot."

This time, both Alexander's eyebrows shot up in shock and he glanced at Mia who smiled awkwardly back.

He lied, Elijah didn't feel hot. Though he did feel frustrated.

"I'll ask the maids to put the central heating down in this room," Xavier interrupted quickly, gesturing over a maid who was standing by the entrance.

After a moment of heated eye contact between Elijah and Alexander, Elijah lowered his peeved glare to his food and picked up his fork, scoffing down the rest of the potatoes on his plate.

Alexander observed him intricately from the other side; A silent, calculating gaze burned the top of Elijah's head, before Alexander's lips twisted into a wry smile and he turned to Mia, continuing their conversation as if nothing happened.

Dessert was soon served. Noah's mouth watered at the cubed slice of Tiramisu on his plate, with the ladyfingers soaked in a boozy coffee mixture.

Noah's mother made Tiramisu quite often considering how much it's liked in their home. With one bite, the taste of Marsala wine in the filling melted against Noah's taste buds.

The spoon easily cut through the dessert as Noah lifted the bite into his mouth, savouring the flavour. As soon as his mouth was empty, Noah saw from the corners of his eyes a hand travel to his jaw and clasp his chin with firm fingers.

Noah, who was peacefully enjoying his Tiramisu, was forced to lock eyes with Ray who stared down at his lips with an unreadable expression.

He held his breath, watching as Ray imperceptibly leaned forward, eyes still trained on the parted, plump lips that belonged to the smaller person next to him.

Excitement rushed through Noah's blood at the close proximity; As for everyone else, their attention was focused elsewhere, either on each other, or their dessert.

Eyelashes fluttered and Noah awaited with shut eyes.

However Noah's eyes snapped back open at the thumb that traced the corner of his mouth.

Ray grinned from above, leaning away and holding up his thumb that had Tiramisu cream on it, "You had something there."

Just as Noah was about to whine in annoyance at being tricked again, Ray brought his thumb to own his lips and smirked, opening his mouth.

Noah's eyes widened to the size of his plate.

Ray's tongue prodded out and slowly licked the cream right off his thumb, all while keeping the darkened, leering eye contact with Noah's honey-like brown eyes.

His breath came out trembling; Noah stared at Ray's lips, the way his tongue came out to lick off the excess cream that got caught on his lower lip.

He watched as the soft tissue pulled up into a jeering smirk.

Noah swallowed, blinking.

Oh, how he wanted to throw himself at Ray and smash his lips against those model-shaped ones.

But he couldn't.

Noah's lips twitched and he quickly snapped his sight away to his dessert, ears blazing red, again.

He heard Ray give a small chuckle next to him and he squeezed his eyes shut, wanting to bang his head into the table.

Dessert soon finished and they all got up, still mid-conversation.

Including Alexander and Mia, Elijah noticed with a heated glare.

Their plates and glasses were taken by butlers and servants as they walked away from the dining room.

It was now coming up to ten at night and Noah watched as everyone walked up to their rooms: Alison went to her room that most likely had May already asleep in. Evelyn, Tierra and Mia all went to their individual rooms.

Aiden led Kaito and Miguel to their separate rooms, taking Dray to his own to share temporarily. As for James, he followed Ryland up, who wore a scowl on his face and had pocketed hands.

"I'm not sharing with you," Elijah stated, peering up at Alexander indignantly and folding his arms. Alexander looked down at him, genuinely confused, "Is everything okay?"

"Yes." The nineteen-year-old deadpanned.

The taller male blinked, before slowly nodding in concern, "Alright, if you're scared I'll ask someone else to share with me so you can have your own room. Is that okay?"

The thought that Alexander thought he was scared, irritated Elijah even more.

But on top of that, the thought that someone else was going to share Alexander's room vexed him.

Elijah's scowl deepened and he stormed up the stairs to Alexanders room, "I'm fine!" 

Alexander tilted his head, "I asked if that was okay, not if you were okay."

He turned halfway on the stairs and added with force, "And I'm not scared!"

Noah, Chelsea, Ray, Priyanka and Alexander, being the last ones left, watched him storm up the stairs.

"He doesn't even know where my room is," Alexander chuckled, shaking his head. He turned to the rest, smiling, "Well, goodnight everyone."

Next was Priyanka- after they bid their goodnights, the two girls went up the stairs to Priyanka's room.

Left, was Noah and Ray, alone in the middle of the hall.

Oh, right. I'm sharing with...

Noah was suddenly a lot more aware of his surrounding and he heard footsteps step towards him from behind, before a pair of strong, muscular arms wrapped around his thin waist.

... him.

He froze in his place as the hand crawled around his hip, easily gripping the flesh there.

"Let's go," came the low, rasping voice against Noah's ear.

The voice that could easily bring Noah's trembling knees to the ground. The voice that shot whirling, spiraling sensations in his heart right down to his stomach.

The hands that gripped his hips guided him to the staircase and without controlling his own body, Noah's legs eagerly walked up the steps, alongside Ray.

They soon arrived at Ray's door and Noah couldn't help but feel a surge of anxiety and exhilaration wash over him at the same time. He looked up at the name on the door.

'R A Y'

He was right in front of the lion's den.

Last time he went in, he almost didn't come out without- without-

Noah flushed at the memory.

Phantom hands crawled around his body and the faint feeling of lips against his neck made Noah shiver.

Both the hands and lips belonged none other than Ray.

Ray's arm detached itself from Noah's waist and stepped forward to open the door to his lair.

Noah's lips twitched into a smile as he waited.

His lair. Pft.

The door opened into darkness and Noah was pulled in, immediately being pressed into the now slammed shut door.

Noah was blind, making him sensitive to every touch, sound and smell.

No source of light was in the room; The heavy curtains blocked the moonlight from seeping in and the heavy door locked any hall light from crawling in from underneath.

Ray's scent lingered close to him and he shivered as a wetness suddenly trailed along his neck.

Noah's own heavy breathing was loud in his ears, along with his increasing heart beat and rushing blood in his temple.

Goosebumps erupted throughout his skin when the tongue traced the shell of his ear, before teeth nibbled on Noah's earlobe making Noah flinch and lift his shoulder to prevent the mouth from exploring anymore in that area.

A deep chuckle traveled to his ears, "You're sensitive here."

Noah let out a breath and placed his hands on whatever was in front of him. His palms touched the soft fabric that covered hard chest muscles and Noah swallowed audibly, "I'm- I'm not."

"Really?" Noah couldn't see Ray, but he heard the smirk in his voice as he spoke.

Fingers gripped Noah's chin and his head was lifted, before a pair of lips viciously attacked the soft skin underneath his jaw.

A soft sound emitted from Noah unconsciously and he felt the lips turn into a smile against his flesh.

The sensation Noah felt at the lips on his skin was sending a sense of giddiness to his brain- It was ticklish, but... appeasing.

The pair of lips trailed lower, to his collarbones.

A sudden thought flashed through Noah's brain.

It was a memory of today, of how Ray walked into the dining room appearing very bothered and irritated.

Noah remembered being concerned at how he looked annoyed. He wanted to make sure Ray wasn't displeased while this happened.

"Wait," came the breathy gasp from Noah.

It fell upon deaf ears and Noah moaned at the mouth that now sucked on the dip where his collarbone and neck junction was. Noah's knees threatened to collapse, but the firm arm around his waist supported his whole weight with its tight grip.

He tried again, louder, and this time gently pushing at Ray's chest, "Wait. R-Ray."

Immediately the lips were gone from his neck and Noah felt Ray's breath graze his own lips. Again, though he couldn't see him, Noah knew he had Ray's attention.

He collected his jumbled up, dazed thoughts and let his breathing calm first before speaking, "W-When you came into the dining room, you looked annoyed," By now, Noah's eyesight had slightly adjusted to the darkness and he could just about make out the structure of Ray's jaw and his lips. The top half of his face was still hidden by the darkness. "Are you... okay?" Noah asked.

Noah knew: He had to ask right now? Well, Noah didn't know when he'd next be able to ask him.

Silence.

Ray didn't reply, just continued to hold Noah.

Noah shifted awkwardly and was about to add on, when Ray replied.

"I'm fine," He answered, "Few things with Ryland, that's all."

Noah perked up at the mention of the younger boy.

"Ryland? Is he okay?" Noah asked, genuinely concerned, "How bad is his injuries?"

"His injuries are fine," Ray replied gruffly, "He's just in a pissy mood right now."

Noah was quiet for a moment, before gently asking Ray, "Did you and him get in an argument?"

No response.

He took that as a yes. Noah smiled softly, though knowing Ray couldn't see him, "You should speak with him."

Whenever James and Noah had argued, James had always stormed off to his room while Noah stood in his, just as annoyed.

He knew that going on for days without communicating just made the distance colder and eventually, either James and Noah came to each other to talk, whether it be even a week after.

"Not talking to him just makes him feel even worse," Noah explained while Ray stood silently and listened without words, "Eventually you'll feel guilty too."

The light suddenly switched on and Noah blinked blearily, squinting his eyes at the unexpected brightness. In front of him stood Ray with his gaze unreadably calm. His other hand was stretched to the side and was on the light switch.

Noah didn't even hear him lift his hand, nor did he feel him.

Ray tilted his head slowly, taking in Noah's expression and words. He sighed, "Father isolated him and now he..." Ray carefully picked out his words, being careful not to mention anything about their mafia name or anything like that, "Now he feels as if he no longer belongs."

Noah furrowed his eyebrows.

Isolated him? He just got hurt, they should be comforting him.

"Then tell him he still belongs," Noah offered, "I know what it feels like to be isolated, it's not nice."

His whole school life had been in isolation, especially those times Elijah wasn't in or he had different classes. Even when they met Priyanka, they somehow still didn't have all classes together.

After some silent seconds, Ray gently let go of Noah and leaned away, pocketing his hands and looking down at Noah through his thoughtful sapphire irises.

Ryland could use some of Ray's elder brotherly comfort.

"You should comfort him for a bit," Noah suggested softly, then paused, "It... It doesn't seem like he gets it often."

Ray took in Noah's words and grunted, "I don't comfort."

"Then just explain to him whatever happened," Noah pushed, "Explain why what happened, happened. Let him understand instead of letting him overthink pointless things that could make him do something bad."

Noah had moved forward, away from the door and was standing in front of Ray, looking up at him with determined eyes, cheeks still flushed from the small session, "Trust me, you'll feel better."

After looking down  into Noah's persistent chocolate-coloured eyes, Ray silently landed his hand against Noah's cheek, caressing the soft skin with his thumb. He mumbled, "You gonna keep telling me to talk to him?"

Ray suddenly reminded Noah of a lion. And Noah realised, that Ray has this whole time.

The way Ray's lips pulled back to reveal pointed canines and white teeth, the way Ray becomes uncontrollable when angered, the way Ray makes Noah feel small in comparison to him.

And the way Ray nuzzles into Noah's neck to plant kisses and hickeys.

My lion.

He snapped out of the realisation of how similar Ray was to a lion and looked up at him.

Noah nodded his head vigorously, bringing a small laugh from Ray. Noah's cheek was smushed against Ray's palm and the determined gaze reminded him of a small puppy, "Alright sweetcheeks, I'll talk to him."

Noah watched in victory as Ray walked to the door and opened it. He turned side ways to look at Noah, a sly grin playing on his lips, "You better stay awake, I wanna finish what we started."

Noah choked and with that, Ray shut the door, leaving behind a flustered Noah, who dashed to the bathroom to brush his teeth, shower and change.

He had no intention of staying awake.

[ . . . ]

Ray was slowly walking to Ryland's room, building up explanation in his head to tell Ryland.

He walked past the balcony in the hall and stopped, spotting a head of fluffed, dark brown hair.

Aiden.

The cousin seemed to sense someone behind him and he turned, seeing Ray staring at him from behind the glassed doors that opened to the stoned balcony.

"Why are you not in your room?" Ray asked, not curious at all.

"I could ask you the same question," Aiden smiled at his older cousin, before replying, "Dray fell asleep, so I just came out here seeing as he didn't need company anymore." He paused, "Besides, I'm usually here."

Ray didn't comment, but walked forward to peer down at the vast opening of the front from the balcony.

It was a beautiful view at night, Ray had to admit.

"I also went to check up on Ryland," Aiden added calmly, looking far into the scenery in front of them.

Ray looked at him. If Aiden went to check on him, he didn't need to.

Just as he was about to turn away, Aiden spoke again, this time more gently, "He didn't open the door and said he didn't need me for ointment. Something about medical chores are now his job too," The seventeen-year-old boy turned to look at Ray, who was eyeing him intricately, "Uncle removed him, didn't he?"

Ray's silence was enough for an answer and Aiden sighed, "No wonder he was upset."

Deciding to stay a bit longer and enjoy the coldness of the air, Ray stepped to the balcony edge and leaned his elbows on the stoned railing, like Aiden was.

It was cold: The icy Winter night wind cut through his clothes, and the tips of his fingers fell numb.

After some moments of silence, Ray spoke, "Why don't you join?"

Aiden hummed, contemplating the question before replying, "I don't think it's my thing."

Ray spared a glance at his cousin: He has seen Aiden fight about twice in his life and both times, he won. Aiden's intelligence also exceeded for his age and he has the perfect qualities of becoming a member.

It's not because he didn't think it's his thing. Ray knew that the reason he refused the offer at sixteen was because of his parents.

Minus the fact that Aiden prefers peace over violence, Ray knew that that was the real reason.

"Father just kicked out Ryland for his safety, he said," Ray mocked, watching as his breath mix with the cold air and turn to mist before his eyes, "It's only me and Alexander now."

Aiden smiled sympathetically. As the successor of Xavier's position, Ray had certain expectations to live up to. To exceed.

A childhood that consisted of guns, weapons, strategic skills and violence was what Ray experienced- forced to experience.

As the oldest son, Ray didn't have that choice that Aiden and Ryland had, and that Alison will have on her sixteenth birthday.

"You're forgetting the one-thousand-and-something more members," laughed Aiden light-heartedly.

Ray grunted, "Only roughly four hundred are in the U.K. Including them, seven hundred in Europe. The rest are scattered around different countries" He let out a sigh, "Some are even undercover right now."

The cousin stayed silent, regarding Ray with soft, hazel eyes, "I tried talking to Ryland, but he didn't want to see anyone right now." 

Aiden fell silent once more, "I think he was crying."

[ . . . ]

Ray stood in front of his younger brother's door, glowering.

'R Y L A N D'

With a heavy scoff and shake of his head, Ray banged on the door three times.

A muffled response was heard almost immediately, "Who is it?"

"I'm coming in." That was the only warning Ray gave before he shoved the door open.

Ryland never kept his door locked, in fact, he usually kept his door wide open.

"No- oh for fucks sake..." mumbled Ryland, plopping himself backward onto his bed again with a glare. He turned to his side, facing away from his older brother, "What do you want."

"Firstly," Ray glared at the back of his brother's head, "Watch your fucking language when you speak to me."

If Ryland was facing him, Ray would've seen the roll of his brother's eyes and his lips mimicking his speech.

"Secondly, where's James?" Ray asked, making sure he wasn't going to start talking with Noah's younger brother listening in.

"He's showering," Ryland replied with a grumble and turned to look at Ray. That's when Ray saw the slightly swollen redness around Ryland's eyes and the pink nose and cheeks. Ryland repeated his question with less bite, "What do you want?"

Ray walked to Ryland's bed and sat next to him, deciding if he should slap his back-head or actually speak to him.

Ray decided to start off speaking to him, "You do realise father-"

He was cut off by groan from Ryland and he smashed a pillow onto his face, "Noooo I don't wanna talk about itttt."

Ray, losing his patience, grabbed the pillow off his younger brother's head and smacked him on the face with it, "Shut up and listen to me."

Ryland shot him a petulant glare and pushed himself up onto his forearms, looking at his brother, waiting for him to carry on.

"Father thinks that he's doing it for your protection, I think that's bullshit." Ray ignored the way Ryland looked at him and continued, "Because your dumbass somehow always finds a way to get yourself hurt regardless."

The twinge of hope in Ryland morphed into annoyance and he grumbled, turning away.

"So instead of sulking like an immature little shit, act in a way Father will see that he was wrong for kicking you off," Ray grinned, catching Ryland's curious gaze, "Get into more fights. What I said before, I didn't say just for the sake of it. Fuck up them fuckers who try you, but win."

Ryland blinked and felt his own smirk start to mirror his brothers, "You're not gonna complain if I come back hurt?"

"Of course I'm gonna fucking bitch about it, but that's 'cause you let yourself get hurt which means your attention wasn't completely on them," Ray ran a hand through his hair and narrowed his eyebrows, beginning to think Ryland wasn't understanding, "I forget sometimes that you're young."

"I'm sixteen!" Ryland protested.

And yet you act like you're fucking twelve.

Ray shot his brother a harsh glare, "I don't fucking care if you're twenty-six, you're still-"

My baby brother.

"... You're still immature till you prove yourself otherwise." Ray finished, his pride refusing to say that line, "Even if you're thirty and you get hurt I'm still gonna feel shit."

Ryland's glare turned into shock at the sudden line of care and he looked up at his brother with an amused, twitching lip.

Ray looked down at his sly grin and scoffed, "I'm gonna feel shit 'cause you represent me and I'll think I did a bitchy job teaching and raising you."

"Don't believe him Ryland, he cares so much about you that he'd give you his heart if you had a bad one." The two brothers turned their heads to the door and saw Alexander smiling in the doorway, eyes squeezed into his eye-smile. He stepped into the room and leaned against the wall, observing the two, "But somehow, he wouldn't share his food with you."

"Alexander, why aren't you in your room?" Ray asked, ignoring the commentary from the man.

The man in question shrugged his head to one side, "Elijah's acting off. So I decided to come check on Ryland quickly, considering he fought all four of them himself."

"You," Ray started looking down at Ryland with furrowed eyebrows, "decided to fight four of them on your own?"

Ryland silently nodded, and Ray felt a tug of pride pull at his heart as he grinned, locking his eyes with Alexander who too, was wearing an amused smile. Ray gave a jeering laugh and shoved Ryland's shoulder, "Fucking dumbass."

The older of two laughed, pushed himself from off the wall and walked to the bed to ruffle the youngest boy's hair, "You're brave, you know. Stupid, but brave."

Ryland laughed, mood already lightened up.

Alexander walked back to the door, "Well, you're looking fine, I'll get back to my room. Who knows, Elijah looks almost capable of starting a fire."

With that, Alexander exited, leaving the two brothers alone again.

Suddenly remembering what he had said about their mother, Ray looked at Ryland and said seriously, "What I said about Mother, when I compared you to her," Ryland look up at the mention of their Mother, "Take it seriously. If you bump into someone from the Red Skulls, do not try fight them. You're not ready."

"But-"

"No, Ryland." Ray growled, patience wearing very thin, "This time you fucking listen to me. This ain't the time for your petty 'I'm-old-enough' or you comparing yourself to me."

At this, Ryland silenced himself and shut his mouth, deciding not to talk back.

The two sat, the only sound being the faint noise of the shower water being used by James behind the closed bathroom door.

Ray nudged his chin to the vertical slash on Ryland's eyebrow, "You've cleaned the wound." 

Ryland nodded, "It's not that hard, I just cleaned it and added an antibiotic ointment."

Indeed, there was a thin layer of ointment that prevented infections. Ray laughed, slapping his shoulder, "At least you got a cool eyebrow slit now, you can make it look sick."

Ryland gave a small laugh, gently rubbing his eyebrow, "Yeah, I look sexy."

Ray smiled and shook his head, before getting up, "I'm going to my room now, make sure you sleep. Don't stay awake till three in the morning or some shit."

Ryland rolled his eyes, "As if you care."

Ray grinned.

Ryland would be surprised if he knew how much Ray genuinely did care.

"Shut up and sleep." Ray chuckled and with a final look to his younger brother, walked out the door.

Noah was right, Ray did feel better.

[ . . . ]

Ray entered his own room and stopped in his tracks; Noah was laying in the king-sized bed with his eyes shut and mouth closed, asleep.

Ray restrained an amused grin.

Or was he really asleep?

Ignoring this, Ray went into his bathroom to shower, change and brush his teeth, before getting in bed beside Noah.

Noah was not asleep.

In fact, Noah was wide awake, but was only pretending to be asleep because of what Ray had said before he left.

He actually felt cold and had brought the covers all the way to his chin, trying to seek some warmth.

The shivering boy felt the soft mattress dip beside him on his right and the covers lift, before he felt a radiating heat next to him.

Nothing touched him, not one finger.

He thinks I'm asleep.

Noah mentally laughed at how gullible Ray was.

Well, how gullible he thought Ray was.

The lights switched off, leaving Noah no long seeing light through his eyelids.

Silence.

It was quiet, the only sound Noah heard was the sound of silence itself.

It was a low buzz in his ears, or maybe like a piercing high ring.

Noah couldn't tell: He was focused on the person next to him, in the same bed as him.

He refused to move and layed as stiff as a rod on his side of the bed, arms pliant against his side and legs stuck together like glue.

Noah was not relaxed either.

And neither did he relax after thirty minutes, or an hour.

Ray comfortably layed beside him on his back, left arm bending up at the elbow to tuck his hand under his head.

Noah's eyes were well adjusted to the dark considering an hour has passed and he had the urge to move. The position had gotten quite uncomfortable.

But Ray must've opened half the curtain because the moon now had an entrance to leak it's light into the room.

And did it get colder?

He slowly traced his eyes to the side and took in Ray's gorgeous side profile. His nose bridge was perfect- the point of his nose slid like a slope down to his nose bridge where Noah then looked at his eyes that were peacefully shut.

Soft breathing left Ray's nose as Noah shifted uncomfortably.

He's asleep.

Noah could still feel the leaking of warmth coming from Ray beside him and he inwardly cried, hating how cold he was.

How is he so warm?!

The smaller male closed his eyes, his mind bickering.

He contemplated crawling to Ray and attaching himself to him. With how cold he was, Noah desperately wanted to.

His feet were beginning to feel like ice.

What if I just...

Noah slowly, ever so slowly, moved his leg to Ray's side and gently brushed his freezing feet with Ray's heated ones.

No reaction.

He's definitely asleep.

With this in mind, Noah carefully, very, very carefully, shuffled over.

He slid closer to Ray's body and gingerly smudged himself against him, placing his left arm on Ray's chest.

Again, no reaction. None at all.

Noah was warm, but he was seeking more warmth.

Confident now, Noah slid his arm under Ray's shirt and tangled his legs with the other's, releasing a content sigh at the heat that overtook his whole body almost instantly.

But just as instant as the warmth that blessed Noah, the bicep that Noah rested his head on moved.

The hand that was underneath Ray's head was no longer there and instead, reached behind Noah to wrap around the smaller boy's body.

A husky voice, heavy with sleep, chuckled quietly, "I was wondering when you were going to give in."

Noah squeaked, jumping and trying to shoot away, but Ray's other arm came around to pull him back.

Noah was now secured in Ray's arms with his head against Ray's chest.

But that wasn't all; Ray hooked his fingers around the back of his own night shirt and tugged it off, throwing it to the side, before returning to his original position with Noah in his arms

Now Noah was flush against Ray bare skin.

And yes, it was much warmer.

It didn't take Noah long to relax in his hold. He looked up and his eyes connected with Ray's mesmerising ones.

The two stared at each other in comfortable silence. Ray brushed his finger against Noah's cheek and nuzzling his mouth on the top of his head, "You're so pale and cold, like snow."

And you're warm, like a lion.

Noah pouted and ducked his head into Ray's pecs and snuggled into the soft, relaxed muscles, speech coming out muffled, "It's not my fault I'm cold and white."

Another deep chuckle left Ray's throat and he tightened his hold on the freezing boy in his arms, sighing.

The two simultaneously closed their eyes and Ray hummed.

"G'night snowflake."

Noah's heart fluttered in delight.

He smiled into Ray's chest and sighed, wrapping his arms around his torso.

"Goodnight, my lion."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: Oh wow Noah how you cockblocking yourself

10,000 words holy-

WELPPPP Ryland, I'm sorry for what I'm gonna be putting you through 💀 same with you Elijah 😭

And you James. And Noah.

Sorry you all 💔

Anyways, so.

This whole time, it's not writing or the plot that I find hard, it's who I'm gonna kill at the end :)

LISTEN LISTEN, I still don't know who to kill off, I know HOW to do it, but not WHO.

Who knows, if the choice is too hard I might not even kill anyone off 👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5M 872K 71
He tips my head toward his with his index finger, keeping my eyes trained on him and driving me crazy with the primal look on his face. His grey eyes...
2.8K 127 19
After being wrongfully kicked out, a 19-year-old Omega and his 15-year-old kid brother are forced to run, being injured badly in the process, as well...
107K 1.8K 20
"Because you're smart and I know you wouldn't tell anyone." He gulped. No, he knew because I didn't have anyone to tell. "What's in it for me?" I as...
8.7M 228K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...