The Patient's Painkiller is a...

By ChickenStripping

Peter Parker, a psychologist, insists on taking a patient everyone strongly advises against. ((Cover art used... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 11

2.4K 99 28
By ChickenStripping

Surprisingly the phone call to make an appointment had been harder than Peter had estimated it to be. He had called, wanting to speak with Wade’s previous aide, Jessica Warren.
She had been a new aide but had a history of working as a nurse and according to the records (that Peter may or may have not begged for) she was doing a good job as an aide. There wasn’t much on Jessica and Wade, apart from her own report of how Wade loved to keep his distance from her and often hid away which almost sounded like a totally different patient, Peter assumed she did a very good job on bringing him out of his shell.

What Peter hadn’t expected though, was Jessica avoiding the appointment with him after he revealed who he was and who his patient was. Peter had known that there was a chance of trauma, yes, but cutting off anything to do with the patient was certainly extreme… He could only wonder what exactly happened between the two.

Hair brushed, rested enough, Peter stood at the sliding doors of the asylum that represented more of a hospital on the outside. With a deep breath, and controlled expression he stepped in.

“Hello” he greeted the receptionist “I am here to see Miss Warren” he smiled politely, glad that, for once, a receptionist smiled back at him.

“Just a moment please” the man smiled, typing something before looking back at him “name?”

“Peter Parker”

“Mr Parker” the receptionist nodded, affirming the appointment before gesturing down the hall, towards the elevators “First floor, room 104, she will be awaiting you in there”

“Thank you” Peter gave a small nod of gratitude before making his way tot the elevator. Pressing the button to go up and awaiting the lift while mentally thinking through what he would speak with Miss Warren about.

As the door slid open, Peter awaited the two people inside to leave, smiling politely before entering and pressing the number necessary. He tried not too hard to think about how one of those people had tears streaming down their face while the other looked rigid and angry.

Certainly, the asylum was much different than the one Peter worked at. The doors on the first floor were wooden, a ‘visitors, welcome!’ sign right as you enter the waiting room. Peter wondered what the other floors were like.

Wasting no more time, Peter headed straight for the needed door, 104, standing outside a moment to collect himself as he pulled out his phone, thumb hovering above the red button.

It was rude and probably unnecessary but Peter had a feeling he would need to record the conversation and an even bigger suspicion that Jessica Warren wouldn’t allow it- he had gotten a sneak peak of her personality and her feelings on the subject… She seemed nervous and Peter needed some sort of evidence so he could report and take better care of his patient.
So out the window did his guilt go.

With a deep breath, Peter began the recording, body hunched over his phone in case there were cameras- he didnt know if it was illegal but… it didnt feel legal either to record private conversations.
Finally, he knocked on the door, doing what he did best- control his expression.

“Miss Warren? It’s Peter Parker” he announced, awaiting entry.

The door opened to reveal a young lady, short copper hair and dark eyes, her arm was in a cast with an arm support.

“Come in” she moved out of the way for Peter and Peter tried to be quick in analyzing her body language.
She seemed in a hurry, wanting to get the conversation over with. Her feet were pointed towards the door and she gripped the handle as if wanting to escape.

“Sorry for such short notice” Peter smiled, watching as she closed the door and strode to the big chair behind the desk, he invited himself to sit as well.

“It’s fine” she bit out, sounding like it was, very much, not fine “so what is it?”

“Well…” Peter dragged out purposely, setting his small notebook on her desk along with his phone as to not arise suspicion. His screen faced down and placed besides the book for better audio of their conversation.

“I’m Mr Winston Wilson’s new therapist” He began, eyes taking in her facial expression.

Jessica’s pupils visibly shrank, her hands placed flat against the desk for support and her eyes didn’t widen but they didnt relax either.

“I’m here to know a bit more about him” He said, not addressing the elephant in the room as he could see her anxiety “since you were his last career, I thought I’d ask you- after all… you did a very impressive job in getting him to be less shy” he nodded “in your reports Mr Wilson seemed to hide a lot, he doesn’t do a lot of hiding apart from his scars”

Jessica flinched and Peter quickly controlled the eyebrow that flew up. She was avoiding looking at him now.

“I didnt do much” her voice was quiet as she played with a nearby pen, eyes downcast “I just did my job- made sure he ate and cleaned the room, made conversation while I did so” she elaborated

“Is that so?” Peter tilted his head slightly to show some sort of sympathy in order for her to relax “did Mr Wilson ever reply?” he asked

“Yes… he was very… talkative” she spoke slowly, focusing hard on the pen in her hand

“Really?” Peter wondered if Wade would ever return to be so talkative.

Jessica Warren didnt speak much after that and silence fell heavy in the small room. Peter knew he had to finally ask

“Mr Wilson was taken to a different asylum after an incident” Peter watched as her body tensed, her eyes widening ever so slightly “may I ask what happened?”

She didnt answer but Peter continued waiting, listening to the ticking of the clock on the wall.

“It was reported that he hurt you” Peter tried again after a minute “may I ask what triggered it?”

“I don’t know” she whispered

“Well then, may I ask what were you two doing before the incident?” Peter tried again, feeling as though he was invading but pushing through “were you two talking about anything that angered him?”

“I don’t know” she answered a bit more forcefully, eyebrows furrowing. She was getting angry

“Miss Warren” Peter said sternly this time, making the woman look up at him “I have no wish to intrude with whatever trauma the incident caused for you” he began “However, as Mr Wilson’s current therapist it is my job to help him through whatever anguish he has, to diagnose him… but I cannot do my job properly until I know if Wade Wilson is too dangerous to be around other people” he explained properly, his smile forgotten for a mere moment before it returned

“It would be in the best interest for everyone’s safety as well as my patient’s if you tell me what happened” he tilted his head again, smiling nicely

Miss Warren bit her lip for a moment, gnawing at her dry bottom lip as she looked down at her injured arm.

“I fell down the stairs” she began, seeming to take another minute before proceeding “broke my arm”

“I see…” Peter hummed, looking down at the bright pink cast, noticing only now a drawing of an angry man, bald and sharp teeth with the words ‘he’s gone’ besides it and an arrow pointing towards it. His eyes looked back up when he heard Miss Warren swallow.

She was pale, hand trembling as she insisted on staring at the wall before

“He wasn’t hiding that time” she said, eyes widening as if she were looking directly at a ghost “I saw his face” she whispered, afraid.

Peter frowned, unable to keep the patient smile as she made a gagging noise, his eyebrow twitched.

“You don’t understand” she turned suddenly as if trying to make her point “He had scars all over his face and- and” she made a gesture “He had this stretched smile straight out of a horror movie! I was so afraid!” she continued and Peter guessed she was trying to make her point because he wasn’t smiling understandingly anymore.

“He tried to reach for me and I fell back, down the stairs” she placed her hand over her cast “he tried to grab me while saying things like ‘don’t worry’…” her eyes were shiny before she glared up at Peter, although it wasn’t aimed at him

“Dont worry??” she quoted “How could I not worried when a monster like him was standing righ-“

“Miss Warren” Peter’s voice was controlled but even he was surprised by how cold it sounded.

Jessica hiccuped, going silent as she shut her mouth.

“Did he or did he not show signs of aggression?” Peter asked, hands clasped until his knuckles were white

“He tried to grab me!” she shouted

“The incident has been reported that Mr Wilson was the one who hurt you” Peter peered at her through the frame of his glasses “however, what I’m hearing at the moment states that Mr Wilson was not the one who broke your arm”

“He might have broken it himself” she tried

“Jessica” Peter bit out “You have made a false report and someone else is paying for your own actions” he explained, watching her mouth open before closing when he sent a glare

“My patient has been isolated and even bound for long period of time due to your false report” Peter continued “Wade had not hurt you and he might have been reaching out so you wouldn’t fall or he might have been trying to hurt you…”

Jessica went quiet, seeming to consider the possibility of Wade trying to help her only now and Peter felt all the more angry.

“However” he continued “that does not change the fact that the one responsible for your injury is yourself- even if Wade scared you, he was not the one who pushed you down the stairs” he leaned back on his chair, hands relaxing “he was not the one who broke your arm. He is not responsible”

They sat there for a few more minutes, Peter awaiting some sort of reply, whenever vocal or physical… There was nothing.

“Miss Warren” Peter watched the woman flinch as she saw him casually begin to smile again “I will be expecting a full report as to what happened” he began to stand, smile ever present as he took his notepad ad phone in hand.

“But-“

“Miss Warren” Peter’s voice was sharp despite his expression. There was no room for argument, it wasn’t a suggestion.

“Could you please send someone to give me a tour of the asylum?” he asked politely “I’d like to see the conditions Mr Wilson lived in before hand” he turned towards the door “I’ll be just downstairs in the waiting area”

and with that he closed the door, stopping the recording as he made his way down, a storm of feelings settling in his chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 2.7K 12
Life's hard when you're the devil's daughter! (no longer updating)
1.7K 122 1
Even when the universe wins, Peter Parker loses. (Contrary to the summary, this is in fact an Endgame fix-it fic)
131K 5.1K 26
With none of his remaining family stable enough to care for him and developing superpowers, a young Peter Parker is sent to S.H.I.E.L.D., an agency a...
85.8K 1.4K 28
{peter parker} {spiderman} {tom holland} {2018-2019 era}