Parasite *•.¸♡ 𝙏𝙤𝙣𝙮 𝙎�...

By cricket_reader

Ariana has seen her fair share of homes, of families. Born in London, Ariana has travelled around the world s... More

Another Foster Family
Research
Fluffy Pancakes
Horrible Fake Daughter
Burden
Mistakes
Waking the Winter Soldier
Unexpected
His "Responsibility"
Abandoning Day
Is this a Trick?
Miscommunication: the Root of all Evil
Public Appearance
The Truth Slips
Anger and Blood
Not Happy
Vulnerable
"Unofficial Family" Trip
Update
Goodbye for Now
In His Arms
Self-Hatred
Friday
The Calm Before the Storm
It All Comes Tumbling Down
One Step Forward
Two Steps Back
A Dirty Clover 🍀
Update 2
Little Lies
Forget About It
Friends
Worries
Distraction
(I'm) The Problem
Movie Marathon
Growth
The Well Has Run Dry
Epilogue
Author's Note

Worth

4.3K 142 50
By cricket_reader

"Are you alright, Ariana?" Tony asks as soon as he finds her sitting with Sam and Clint. The men share a glance at each other before looking at her for an answer. She has been staring off into space ever since she let the fact sink in that Tony is going to trade her off. Ariana doesn't want to talk to him. He's just like the others. Using her body for his benefit. She was foolish to think otherwise.

Lowering to meet her gaze, Tony murmurs, "you're safe, little bug. He won't hurt you any more. I promise. He's locked up now and I won't let him lay a hand on you, got it?"

"But... what about the deal?" Ariana mutters, tears beginning to blur her vision.

"What deal?"

"I thought-" she takes a breath- "I thought you were taking him to make a deal in private..."

Finally understanding what she's alluding to, Tony lets his face scrunch up in distaste. "Nothing could be of more worth to me than you." He says it with such honesty and determination, it makes her want to cry.

"Besides, you're not an object up for sale. You're a precious human being that deserves the entire universe," Tony states with determination. He's not sure where all of this sappy crap is coming from, but he does truly mean every word he says.

Clint and Sam are surprised that Tony is actually opening up about his thoughts. He usually hides behind a wall of sarcasm and witty comments to survive. Yet when it comes to Ariana, it's as if he is changing for the better. Not like they're complaining. Maybe a daughter was all Tony needed to finally come down to reality. To finally make him feel as though he doesn't have to keep up the arrogant, annoying asshole act all the time.

All of them are surprised when Ariana jumps up from the sofa and crashes into Tony, wrapping onto him tight. At first, Tony freezes. When he gets his bearings back, his face contorts into a sad smile as he wraps his arms around his daughter.

Tony lets her sob into his designer suit—probably effectively ruining it, but he could care less. He runs a gentle hand through her hair as he murmurs words of encouragement.

He looks up from her shoulder and sees Pepper approaching them with his drink. She can't believe someone from Ariana's past was here. It pains her heart to know that her baby girl had to see such a pathetic excuse of a man again.

Tony sends her a smile that looks more like a grimace, trying to tell Pepper that everything is okay—but it's not. It's not okay that his little girl had to endure such hardships and get free only to have to see her abuser at one of his events. He let this happen.

"I'm so sorry, Ari," Tony mumbles, tears threatening to make an appearance. He's glad that the rest of the Avengers had cleared the floor. He can't show emotion and weakness in front of the prying public eyes. It's bad enough that he's being vulnerable in front of his team.

Ariana shakes her head into his suit. How can he be sorry? What could he possibly be apologising for? If anything, she should be apologising for ruining their night. "But you didn't sell me. Thank you, thanks so much," she whimpers out, clutching onto him tighter.

No words can express the anguish that those words cause. Yet again he had done the bare minimum only to get praised as if he moved the mountains.

"I could never; I would never." Tony takes a deep breath. "Ariana—look at me—you are so important to me and everyone else in this room. We all care about you so much, okay? You're worth more than anything anyone could offer."

Ariana looks around the room and sees that most people seem to agree with Tony's statement. She lowers her head, not wanting them to see the tears welling back up in her eyes. She can't help but become emotional. These people are so amazing. How can they be so kind, caring, and attentive? She doesn't deserve all of the fuss. She's not worth it.

"Ari?" Steve calls out as he knocks on her door. Things have been hard since seeing Adam at Stark's party. She stopped talking in therapy and hasn't been around people as much.

A few seconds later the door opens. "Yeah?"

"Uh, I was going to go on a walk or something. Would you like to come with?"

She hesitantly agrees. While walking down to the entrance of the tower, Bucky stops them and asks them where they're headed. He decides to tag along with them.

They end up stopping near a cute little diner. "Hey, this is one of the alleys Steve got beat up in," Bucky smirks, pointing at the alleyway. Steve lightly pushes him as he calls him a jerk. Bucky responds with his usual: "punk." Ariana giggles at them.

"Why don't we stop for lunch? Hopefully the food is as good as I remember," Steve offers. Ariana glanced over at Bucky to see what he wants, but she is just met with a questioning look. She hates that everyone does this. They always let her be the final decision.

"Sure," she shrugs, shrinking a bit from habit. Steve smiles and walks up to the door, opening it for Ari and Bucky

"I thought it was ladies first?" Bucky jokes as he stops in front of the open door.

Steve scoffs, "that's why I'm holding it open for you."

"Alright, punk. If that's how you want to play," Bucky says, a hint of challenge in his playfully squinted eyes.

"If you lovers are done, where should we sit?" Ariana breaks into the conversation. It's cute and all, but there is way too much tension for being in public.

They both blush and profusely deny the fact that they're both pining for each other so hard. Steve clears his throat, "uh, we could, uh take the one in the back."

Ariana nods and leads them there. They all settle in and look over the menu. Ariana looks for the least expensive option and plans on just ordering an appetiser.

"You're not getting just an appetiser. You need to eat, doll," Bucky says, noticing how her gaze stayed on the top left hand side of the menu. She needs to eat. Recently, her weight has been on the decline. It's worried the team.

Biting her lip, she looks for the least expensive meal option. He seems to notice this as well. "Hey, don't worry about money. You can get anything you'd like."

She nods her head at Bucky, but still not going to take his advice. She doesn't need to be even more of a burden, though everyone seems like they really love her. Maybe if she starts to cost too much they'll get rid of her. She doesn't want to lose the best thing she's had since her mom, grandma or Maurice died.

After ordering, Steve goes on to tell stories of their childhood. Bucky always cuts in, making sure to add Steve's embarrassing moments. Steve would normally get upset but since it's making Ariana laugh, he doesn't mind.

They get there food in a timely manner, all thanking the waiter as he gives them their correct orders. Everything continues the same until both supersoldiers are done with their meal.

"Ariana?" Steve prods her out of a trance. "Why haven't you eaten?"

She lowers her head and stops picking at her salad with her fork. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, doll. Do you not like it? We can getcha somethin' else."

She shakes her head. Her stomach twists and it feels like she's going to be sick. "I don't feel so good."

Steve and Bucky send each other a panicked glance, not sure what to do.

"What's wrong, babydoll? What can I do for you?"

"I just wanna go home," she mumbles, curling in on herself, her arms wrapped tight around her stomach. They frown and Bucky immediately sets out to find the waiter to pay. Steve takes Ariana into his arms–much to her protest.

Steve–ever the gentleman he is–knocks on the ladies room door and calls out. No one answers so he enters, "sorry, I-" he cuts himself off, realising he's talking to himself. He shakes his head as he makes his way to the biggest stall.

"Okay, uh- just don't touch the seat... um... I'll be right here, everything's gonna be okay, yeah?"

She doesn't acknowledge him as he sets her down. She thinks it's a bit embarrassing to have him doting on her like this. It's sweet thought. He shifts on his feet, not sure if he should just book it to the tower with her in his arms. In theory, it could work; however, it could also just make her feel worse. He didn't want that. At least the bathroom is well-maintained.

Steve cringes as the sound of her heaving. He jumps into action as he takes her hair and holds it out of the way while he rubs her back. A knock on the door is heard and Bucky peeks his head in. His question is cut off by the sound of her being sick. He cringes and goes back out to stand guard.

While waiting outside the ladies room, he debates on if he should text stark or not. Biting his lip, he shuts off his phone while shaking his head. There's no need to cause panic. She probably has a stomach bug or ate something bad. He knows Tony will go nuts either way. They all would–him included.

"Okay, she's feeling a bit better. Says she's up for walking home," Steve informs Bucky as he exits the ladies room.

Bucky furrows his brows, "all the way home? Is she sure? We could take a cab."

"No, I wanna walk," Ariana cuts their conversation short yet again. "If that's alright with you guys..."

They send each other a hesitant look before heading out the door.

Before they're able to leave, their waiter calls out to them. They stop in their tracks, and Ariana feels like she's going to get sick again, from nerves alone.

"You guys make an excellent couple. Me and my husband have been thinking of adopting and seeing you guys with your daughter just might have convinced me!"

Steve and Bucky share an embarrassed glance, wondering who is going to correct him. Much to Steve's surprise, Bucky just settles with a simple thanks before heading out the door with Ariana.

Steve is stunned for a few seconds. His heart is beating erratically and his brain has turned to mush. No, no. Buck was just saying that. He doesn't actually mean anything by it. He just wants to get Ariana home soon. Yeah, that's it.

He does a little jog to catch up to the pair who have already moved on from the conversation in the diner. "Are you sure you didn't eat anything bad? Maybe something you drank?"

"I'm sure that I'm just fine, okay? Don't worry about me."

"That's the thing, doll, I always do."

"You shouldn't," she shyly replies, bowing her blushing face. He sends her a look, upset at the notion of her not thinking she deserves to be cared about. He doesn't even get the chance to reply.

Stumbling a bit, her world slowly fades away to darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.8K 1.7K 35
Being (Y/n) Stark was the hardest thing you ever had to do. Your mother died before you were a day old, your father didn't care... You were pretty su...
179K 5.8K 52
What would you do if the love of your life, the father of your unborn child, returned from the past with the love of his? This is the impossible, lif...
173K 6.3K 37
With great power comes great responsibility... (Ben Parker.) The 15 years old Spiderman has been wondering around Queens as a vigilante for a full ye...
7.9K 401 46
𝗜 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗮𝗿. ☽☽☽ She captivated Bucky instantly dur...