A Mafia's Possession(Complete...

By Adaririchichi

"Would you have killed that young boy!? Over a fucking purse!?"I shot back. It was a stupid temerity but I wa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
A/N
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Author's note
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue

Chapter 48

233 21 13
By Adaririchichi

  NICOLE

    My restive eyes were situated on the road, my hands gripped onto the steering wheel of my car.
It's been a week since my husband left for Mexico. Whenever I thought of the way he spoke to me before leaving, the emotion his words carried and how he stared intently at me; it always left me feeling teary.

  I was now living my life on the hope of seeing my husband again. I prayed daily that he would come back for me. I don't want him to die neither do I want to be forced to go on an exile mission as a result of Raphael's enemies coming to look for me.

Where the fuck are all these enemies coming from? I never envisioned my married life to be this chaotic. Why does it feel like everyone is literally trying to kill I and my husband.

   My mind drifted off to Maya with a lone tear trickling down my cheek.
She was such a brave woman. She didn't fear death even when she saw it coming.
And yet no one believed her. I have this ominous feeling of something very bad happening. I feel I might go down the same way she did--a bullet in the chest.

  All this premonitions of death in my life are scary. And the way Raphael sounded before his departure was enough to pull me into an abyss of despair and uncertainty.

I'm trying everyday to think of positive things and put a smile on my face but heaven knows I can't. I'm absolutely helpless.
Why do I just feel that Raphael's departure to Mexico will do us more harm than good?

What is the pain inside my heart that I feel?

"Nicole!"
At once I felt a hand furiously gripping on to the steering wheel and swerving it right in time from a coming truck.

  It was Leila.
My heart sank and I immedately pulled over, turning my face to hers.

"What just happened?" She asked with heavy breathing.

"I--i don't..." I stuttered with my words

"You almost killed us! What are you thinking off. I wanted to drive but you insisted on driving when you can't even focus on the road yet you have your eyes stationed on it. What the hell has come over you? What is wrong with you Nicole?!"

"Leila will you stop yelling at me! I am the wife of your capo dei capi and I won't tolerate your sudden disrespectful attitude" I immedately cut into her chidings.

  Leila narrowed her eyes from mine to the steering wheel. I could see she was on the edge and was trying to control whatever emotion she was having.
"I'm sorry moglie" Leila muttered under her breath through gritted teeth.

I ignored her apology and ignited the car engine.
"Hey you aren't going to drive again are you?" She alarmed.

"I'll be more focused this time. I've just been thinking too much about Raphael" I assured her.
  I could see it clearly that she didn't want me to drive. Raphael left her in charge of my safety while he went to Mexico with his capos so I could probably understand why she felt so tensed.

  But not minding her apprehension, I pulled the car back on to the road.

"Relax leila. We won't die" I told her with my full orbs on the road.

"I hope so too" she whispered, leaning her back on the chair.

  I drove us in silence, trying so hard to keep thoughts of Raphael at bay and focus on not having another accident.

  The silence was calm and peaceful. Each person in their own world. I sometimes wondered what Leila was thinking.

  Even though Leila was Raphael's most trusted assassin, I couldn't doubt the fact that she was beginning to give off an uncanny aura. 
I don't know how but I just felt she wasn't being true.

  It would be foolish to tell her what I feel especially now when I don't know who is the enemy amongst us.

  I suddenly spotted a very familair blonde haired male with a bag strapped over his shoulders. It was Miles.

  I quickly pulled over beside him. The glass was tinted which meant that he couldn't see my face clearly.

  A confused look swept his face, his brows deeply knitted probably wondering who stopped by his side.

  Not giving him any rooms for doubt, I lowered down my car window.

His facial expression changed from one of confusion to surprise. I watched a huge smile form on his face the moment I held his gaze with mine.

"Nicole what a lovely surprise. How have you been?" He asked.

"I've been good. It's been so long.. um Leila.." I trailed my gaze at her.
"You know miles don't you?"

Leila just gave a shrug and nodded her head. "Ofcourse I do" was her only reply.

"Why don't you come in?" I offered, unlocking the doors of my car.

"Thank you so much" he smiled as he pulled open the door of the car's back seat.
He slumped his back against the car seat. When I was sure he was comfortable, I ignited the engine.

"What are you doing around here miles?" I attempted to start up a conversation.

"Well I was heading Pio Emmanualli. I work around the area remember?" He replied.

I nodded with a chuckle. "How could I forget we worked in the same field"

"It's been so long since I saw you. It seems like you travelled Nicole or you've been hiding from me?" Miles teased with raised brows.

I laughed at his statement. "Why would I hide from you. Yes I did travel"

"How was your trip then?" He inquired.

I tilted my head back and forth reminiscing about the entire roller coaster of emotions I encountered in Mexico and Cuba.

"It was fine" I simply stated.
Miles was not satisfied with my answer but he let it slide.

"I am glad you travelled out. Italy can be suffocating at times" he told me with a lopsided smile.

  We kept on talking while Leila choose to remain silent. I had no clue what was going on in her mind and as much as I tried to distract myself from looking her way, I just felt what ever she was thinking was nothing good.

* * * * * *

  Leila took a sip of her cocktail as she stared at the screen of her phone.
A sly smile then curved by her lips. Miles showing up was totally coincidental this time around but she made sure to make good use of the opportunity.

  Now back at her home, she could fully put her plan to action. This was definitely the best time to tear Raphael and Nicole apart. Raphael's absence and Nicole's closeness to Miles was the golden card she so badly needed.

What Nicole didn't know was that whilst she engaged in her friendly conversation with miles, Leila had the entire conversation on recording.
It wasn't anything suspicious but it was enough to show Raphael that Miles and Nicole were close.

  Leila was as shrewd as she was cunning. She knew fully well that igniting that spark of jealousy in Raphael would cause an inferno in Nicole's life and she was very much going to do it.

  To Leila, Raphael belonged to her. Over the years she had built such a close bond with him and now was the time to put it to use.

She was his most trusted assassin. He would never doubt her for any thing.

  Going over to her home telephone, she dialed Raphael's number, that sly and conceited smile not leaving her face.

"Hello Raphael" Leila began the moment he picked.

"Leila you called through the land line. Is any thing the matter? Is Nicole alright?" Raphael threw questions at her.

Leila felt her blood topple and boil, her fist clenching in anger but she was able to suppress her rage, not giving it away in her tone of speech.

"Everything is fine. Nicole is doing very well herself. She is literally enjoying herself" Leila coyly replied.

There was a brief silence between both of them before Raphael finally spoke up.

"And what does that mean Leila?"

Leila chuckled. "She is just enjoying herself. You don't need to be worried over her"

"Look Leila I have so many things to do. I have so many people to handle at the moment also and I will really appreciate it if you can stop beating around the bush. Is something going on with Nicole?"

Leila could feel Raphael's tensed agitation over the phone. She knew how important Nicole was to him and she was fully ready to crush whatever they shared.

"Well we went out today. You know you assigned me to look after Nicole. And we saw Miles and Nicole stopped to pick him. She was friendly with him you know. I doubt she would speak that way with him if you were around"

"Are you trying to instigate me against my wife Leila!?" Raphael yelled at once.

Leila wasn't unfazed by his outburst. She expected it.
"I am not Raphael. I knew you would think this. Which was why I got a recording of their conversation. Listen to it and tell me if Nicole would dare to be this friendly with him if you were around her" Leila calmly replied.

She quickly tapped on the recording she had while Raphael listened.

Leila felt so triumphant. If she kept on pushing his buttons like this, his mind would definitely create a mirage of what isn't there and he would begin suspecting Nicole's every movement with miles.

"Leila I love Nicole and..."

"But does she love you the way you love her?" Leila mischievously asked, interrupting Raphael.

"I fully know that she does Leila. Cancel whatever you are thinking Leila for your own good. I assigned you to look after Nicole so do that. I trust my wife and I don't doubt her loyalty to me" Raphael stated before ending the call.

Leila erupted into fits of laughter the moment Raphael cut the call.
"This is just the beginning Raphael. Slowly I'll poison your mind till you end up becoming mine. That black woman has no place in your life. It's just me"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628K 14.7K 30
Valentina Devlin, known to be difficult and an insanely hard-to-get. From day one, she's only had two things on her mind. Getting recognition from he...
781K 12.4K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ β€’β€’ "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
466K 13.1K 56
"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss off the great Cavallaro. Last night was...
658K 29.8K 42
'Do you know why you are suspended from ceiling krasivaya?' he whispers in my ears and wipes the sweat dripping from my neck due to the trepidation a...