The Potter Twins: Heroes of T...

Egopocalypse tarafından

This is a story I also have on Quotev under the same name and username, and I was going to post it on here at... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter 1: Ten Years Later
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Part 1)
Chapter 13 (Part 2)
Interlude: An Interview with Percy Jackson-Potter
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (Part 1)
Chapter 15 (Part 2)
Chapter 15 (Part 3)
Chapter 15 (Part 4)
Chapter 15 (Part 5)
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 16 (Part 2)

Chapter 4

14.7K 481 768
Egopocalypse tarafından

Hey guys, Butterlover328 here and I just want to apologize for not posting in a while. I just forgot and things have been really busy these past few weeks (I went to my first prom last weekend!!) so I hope you can forgive me. This chapter has not been edited so I could get it to you guys faster, and I'm also posting the next two chapters today as wl, despite it being a day early for a noreal post. Anyways guys, I hope you enjoy the chapter. Bye!!

~Butterlover328

A tall, grey-haired witch in emerald green robes stood there, her posture and stern aura showing that she was not someone to cross.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall." Hagrid said.

"Thank you Hagrid, I will take them from here." She replied, opening the door once again. The first years filed through after her and gaped in wonder and awe as they caught sight of the inside of the castle. The professor stopped in front of a double doorway and turned to face the students.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." Professor McGonagall started into a speech it was obvious she has said multiple times before. "The start-of-term feast will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall you must be sorted. The Sorting Ceremony is a very important ceremony because while you are here your house will be like your family within Hogwarts. You'll have classes with the rest of your year mates in your house, sleep in the house dormitories, and spend free time in your house common room."

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts your triumphs will earn you house points and any misdemeanors will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each and every one of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours."

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." McGonagall said, eyeing Ron's wet robes and hair with disapproval.

"I shall return once I am ready for you." With her speech over, she entered the room ahead. Hermione went over to Ron.

"I can dry your clothes if you want, but you have to stand still. Got it??" She asked. Ron grudgingly agreed and she dried his robes with a cleaning spell. The other first years were amazed at her skill, which made her blush and tuck her head into her chest to hide her face. She waled back to the front, where her friends had been. 

"Does anyone know how we get sorted?? It didn't say in Hogwarts, A History." Hermione asked. Ron walked over, his embarrassment forgotten now that he was dry again.

"My brother said we had to fight a troll." He boasted arrogantly.

"Do you really think that they would set a troll loose on children that don't know magic yet?? It would end up killing everyone!!" Draco sneered at Ron. Ron 'harrumphed' and stormed away, frustrated at being outsmarted by a Malfoy. Harry turned to Percy.

"I think you were right. Ron doesn't seem like he would be a good friend." He said a little sheepishly.

"It's fine. I know you just wanted to make friends. Now that we have, we can have a great time this year." Percy smiled at his younger brother.

Screams filled the air and the twins turned to see about twenty ghosts floating through the air, looking like they were arguing about something. They didn't acknowledge the first years and passed through the doors leading towards the Great Hall.

"Move along now. The Sorting Ceremony's about to start." McGonagall called to the students. They formed a line behind her and stared at the hall in wonder when she opened the doors.

Four long tables ran parallel with each other, each with a different colored banner. The ceiling didn't look like it was there, Hermione informed the other first-years that it was enchanted to look like the night sky (which she read about in Hogwarts, A History as well).

All eyes in the hall turned to face Professor McGonagall as she set down a rickety old stood right in front of the Head Table, which ran perpendicular to the other tables and had all the professors seated there. An even older hat rested upon the stool and the hall went silent, awaiting something. The hat twitched and a rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth and it began to sing.

"Ooh, you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find 

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall, 

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry

Set Gryffindor apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff, 

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuff are true

And unafraid of toil;

You might belong in Ravenclaw,

If you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning, 

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends, 

Those cunning folk use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on!! Don't be afraid!!

And don't get in a flap!!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!!" 

The hall rose into applause when the hat finished, it even did a little bowed that had the first years laughing, easing some of the tension they built up. Draco had a smug smile on his face as he looked at Ron, who glared at him.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted. Abbot, Hannah!!" Professor McGonagall said, now holding a large piece of parchment. A pink-faced girl walked nervously up to the stool, put on the hat and sat down. The hall was silent for a moment before the hat called "HUFFLEPUFF!!".

Hannah took off the hat and went to the cheering table on the right, grinning as her house members greeted her. Harry and Percy noticed a friendly ghost waving merrily at her before their attention was directed back at Professor McGonagall.

"Bones, Susan!!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!!" Susan ran and sat down next to Hannah.

"Boot, Terry!!" 

"RAVENCLAW!!" Terry went to the table closest to the left.

"Brocklehurst, Mandy" joined Terry at Ravenclaw. "Bulstrode, Millicent" was the first Slytherin, and "Brown, Lavender" was the first Gryffindor. The tables that the first year was going to cheered and clapped with each new member. The twins spaced out a little until Hermione elbowed them in the arms when "Finch-Fletchley, Justin" went to Hufflepuff, as her name would be called soon.

A couple more people were sorted before "Granger, Hermione" was called. She walked up there and stuck the hat on her head, awaiting the judgement. She didn't expect to hear the voice of the Sorting Hat in her head.

"Well, this is very interesting. Gifted in magic and a bookworm, yet also brave. You have a good sense of right and wrong, oh what's this?? Hmm... VERY interesting. Haven't seen one of your kind in a while. In that case, the best place for you is..."

"RAVENCLAW!!" The hat shouted out loud. Hermione took the hat off of her head and was puzzled, what did the hat mean by one of her kind?? She was human and a witch, wasn't she?? She had read in Hogwarts, A History that about one-third of all students were muggle born, so that wasn't it either. She knew she would have to investigate this later and proceeded to sit down next to Mandy Brocklehurst.

More people were called before "Jackson, Percy". Percy tried to get to the hat as quick as possible, since he hated attention. He shot a quick glance at Dumbledore and saw that the twinkle in his eyes was all but extinguished and his smile was faltering. Percy put the hat on his head and involuntarily jumped when the hat spoke.

"Very interesting, a balance of all four houses, although you are extremely loyal to your friends and family, to the point you are willing to die for them abut also quick to charge into a battle. Wait, another one?? And a son of-??" The hat was silent for a little before speaking again in wonder.

"You have a great destiny ahead of you, Mr. Jackson. Or should I say Mr. Potter?? Not only did you and your brother defeat Voldemort, but also have a significant role in another world. The fates will be hard on you two, but I can give you some advice. Not everyone are as they seem, although you know that quite well don't you?? Now, I shall see you in..." 

"GRYFFINDOR!!" The hat finally called. 

The hall was silent as Percy took off the hat, they all just stared at him. It wasn't until he reached his table that the house erupted into cheers. Percy saw Ron's twin brothers from earlier and sat by them, asking why everyone had been staring at him after he took off the hat. Fred replied that it was because Percy was the longest person to sort in Hogwarts history, over 15 minutes. Percy was about to ask more but when Professor McGonagall called "Longbottom, Neville" he turned his attention back to the sorting.

Neville fell on his way to the hat, and rushed to place it on his head to hide his embarrassment. He quivered in fear when the hat spoke.

"What?! How many of your kind are here this year, and none of you know it!! Never mind, let's just continue with the sorting. Let's see, loyal to your new friends, yet also noble as can be. Better be..." The hat paused for suspense.

"GRYFFINDOR!!" Neville relaxed and set the hat down with a smile on his face, going to sit next across from Percy, who congratulated him.

When "Malfoy, Draco" was called, he walked to the hat with an impassive face, much like the pureblooded heir he was. He sat on the stool with grace and when the hat was lowered down on his head, he barely showed that he has been startled by the voice.

"I'm not even going to comment on the recent influx of your kind anymore, because that will just waste time. Now where to put you?? Hmm... difficult, VERY difficult. Cunning and sly, yet also intelligent and with a yearning to learn. A wish to follow your mother's footsteps, and renounce your father when you are out of his influence. I wish you good luck Mr. Malfoy, and I hope you find what you are looking for in..." 

"RAVENCLAW!!" Draco allowed himself a small smile and glanced at a man with a hooked nose, greasy black hair and sallow skin. The man gave a slight nod that you wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't known him, and Draco allowed the corner of his mouth to quirk up slightly in a half-smile before proceeding to his new table, sitting next to Hermione and waiting for the next person to be sorted.

As each person got sorted, the tension in the hall grew exponentially until finally "Potter, Harry" was called. Murmurs rang through the students until Harry put the hat on his head, wanting to get the sorting over with since he hated attention.

"Mr. Potter, hopefully the last of your kind I have to sort tonight. Now let's see, like your brother, you are a good balance of all four houses although you tend to make a plan before you attack and you are intelligent, quite like a snake or a raven. I must warn you however, the headmaster wishes me to place you in Gryffindor so you can be easily controlled by him. You would do well in Slytherin but you would make many enemies there as many support Voldemort over there. So I will let you choose. Do you wish to be with your twin and be possibly manipulated, or in the snake den with enemies??" The hat asked. Harry thought for a minute before answering.

"Gryffindor, because even if Dumbledore will try to manipulate me, I will have my brother and friends at my side for anything I face, and that's what counts." 

"Spoken like a true lion. Very well, I shall see you in..." 

"GRYFFINDOR!!!!!!!" The hat exclaimed, making Harry's new housemates erupted in a fit of cheering and celebration. The Weasley twins had gotten out of their seats and dancing a jig, singing "We got Potter!! We got Potter!!" Harry sat down next to his twin and watched the last couple people get sorted. 

Ron also went to Gryffindor, much to the displeasure of the twins and Neville, and as "Zabini, Blaise" sat down at Slytherin, Dumbledore stood up and quieted everyone down before speaking.

"Welcome!! Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts!! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. Nitwit!! Blubber!! Oddment!! Tweak!! Thank you." He sat back down as everyone clapped and cheered. The twins didn't know whether to laugh or to glare, so they just remained neutral and started putting food on their plates as it appeared on the platters. 

For the rest of the feast, the twins talked with Neville and completely ignored Ron who was trying to boast about being "Harry Potter's Best Friend" that apparently no one could mess with or Harry would "destroy them like he did You-Know-Who". Percy glared at Ron for making such a statement, as if Ron knew how the twins had defeated Voldemort, they themselves didn't even know!!

The twins decided to check out their professors and were surprised when their scars started to burn. Neville noticed it and asked what was wrong, but the two waved it off and kept eating, not daring to look at their teachers again for the rest of the night.

The desserts came and went, and Dumbledore stood once again as all eyes fell on him. He took a moment before starting the speech.

"Ahem - just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you." He started.

"Does he think we're sheep??" Percy whispered to Harry, who shrugged and turned back to the headmaster.

"First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." Dumbledore's eyes twinkled at the Weasley twins, but Percy felt a strange pressure in his mind and pushed it out with all of his force. Harry saw Dumbledore frown slightly but continue.

"I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors."

"Quidditch trials will be held the second week of term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch."

"Finally, I must tell you that this year, the third floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds for everyone that does not wish to die a very painful death." Dumbledore tried to look Harry in the eyes, but he quickly averted his eyes.

"And now, before we go to bed, let us sign the school song!!" Dumbledore said, keeping up his appearance, and flicking his wand, making a long golden ribbon fly out of it. The ribbon twisted into words above the table.

"Everyone pick your favorite tune," said Dumbledore, "and off we go!!" 

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,

Teach us something please,

Whether we are old and bald

Or young with scabby knees,

Our heads could do some filling

With some interesting stuff,

For now they're bare and full of air

Dead flies and bits of fluff,

So teach us things worth knowing,

Bring back what we've forgot,

Just do your best, we'll do the rest,

And learn until our brains all rot."

The Weasley twins were the last to finish, singing a funeral march. Dumbledore conducted the last line and was the loudest to clap once they were finished.

"Ah music, a magic beyond all we do here. And now, bedtime. Off you trot!!" He waved off the students.

"Yep, he definitely thinks we're sheep." Harry whispered, making Percy snicker until a boy stood up and directed them to a portrait with a fat lady in a pink dress.

"Password??" The lady asked, startling the twins and the muggle born students. 

"Caput Draconis" The prefect said, and the portrait swung open to reveal a round hole in the wall. As they scrambled through it, the first years found themselves in the Gryffindor common room, a chamber that looked like a sitting room and a study combined.

The prefects led the first years to their dorms, and the twins claimed the beds farthest from the door next to each other. Ron had claimed the bed on the other side of Harry, much to his displeasure, but he was too tired at the moment to argue. The boys Ron was sitting with on his boat had the last two beds in the dormitory. Nobody commented on the fact that their luggage was brought right to the bed they claimed and changed into their night clothes, falling asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

Harry and Percy had an extremely weird dream that night. Quirrel's turban was talking to them, telling them to transfer to Slytherin as it was their 'destiny'. They told the turban they didn't want to transfer and the force of the twins was enough to repel the turban, but then it switched to Snape who laughed at them mercilessly. A flash of green light and a women's scream awoke them, but while Harry shrugged it off and went back to sleep, Percy stayed up and sent a letter to his mom telling her that both himself and Harry were in Gryffindor and about the dream. He gave the letter to Athena and with a slight glare and a ruffle of her feathers, she took off into the night. Percy climbed back into bed and promptly fell asleep.

Hey guys, hope you liked the chapter!! If you have Any questions about why someone got sorted someplace, you can ask them down in the comments and I will answer as soon as possible. (I love hearing from you guys!!) Anyways, the next chapter will be up in a few minutes, so I should probably end this A/N so I can do so. Bye!!

~Butterlover328

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

27.5K 621 26
Imagine the sister of Luna Lovegood meeting Draco Malfoy. What would happen? Would they be enemies or lovers? Just a shitty Draco fanfic ;)
2.7K 129 12
This is a fanfiction! The major shipping are Harry x Hermione, Draco x Ginny, and Neville x Luna. IF YOU CAN RESPECT THE SHIPS, THEN PLEASE PROCEED...
578K 12.8K 37
FAIR WARNING: THIS STORY IS REALLY SHITTY, OLD, AND DESTINED TO BE INCOMPLETE FOR ETERNITY. HAVING READ THIS WARNING, DO NOT COMMENT/SEND ME MESSAGES...
64.2K 1.5K 29
What if James and Lily Potter were hiding something about Lily's pregnancy? What if Harry had a twin that no one knew about? What if Voldemort tried...