Little Orange Lips

By Da_Biebs

15 year old Rylan James isn't your everyday pretty girl. Sure she's got the looks, and the brain, but she doe... More

Little Orange Lips

89 4 2
By Da_Biebs

So this is my first time at a werewolf book, wish me luck!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was already up and awake by time my family had managed to get up. I was in the bathroom, mentally, and physically preparing myself for the new school. I had dressed in my school uniform: Black dress shoes, knee high white socks, a black, navy blue, and whit plaid skirt, a white button up shirt, and a navy blue blazer with the schools crest on it.

The crest was like a gold arrow with a wolf biting onto it. How ironic that a bunch of wolves practically owned the school. My brown hair hung to my waist in locks, and my baby blue eyes were bright, and shining. I began to put on my makeup as I hummed along to one of my favorite songs.

For the final touch of my whole makeup routine, I added orange lip stick to my plump little lips. It was my signature touch. I had been wearing the same color for over two years now. Back in Medford, Oregon, all my friends (which were actually mere acquaintances) and my pack knew me by my lips. I intended to keep it this way.

Once I'd finished applying the lipstick I stared at myself. I wasn't used to actually looking. I'd often turn away because I had always been unhappy with myself. "Rylan, breakfast is done,"My older brother yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming,"I yelled back, and I stuffed my makeup into my bag, and took one last look before heading down the grey carpeted stairs. Our pack was wealthy enough to have individual homes instead of one big pack house. My brother, Cameron, sat at the stain la steel island, eating away his last bit of eggs.

Since Cameron had already had his first shift, and all he was now growing rapidly, which meant if there was no food in the house, then he'd go on a rampage. Cameron glanced over at me, and snickered,"Wow that's uniforms do look like shit."  I glanced down at myself, and frowned. I shrugged it off, and sat down next to him.

"How come you're not in your uniform?" I asked softly, slowly nibbling on a piece of toast. My brother shrugged, "I don't feel like looking like a loser, therefore I'm not going." I shivered slightly. Without her brother I'd be ten times more likely to get picked on.

"W-well they're not that bad,"I said. I was just hoping to get I brother to come. I needed a protector, and despite all of our arguments, he was the one for the job. Cameron rolled his green eyes, and flicked his matching brown hair out of his eyes, "You'll be fine. Just..don't be yourself."

My father and mother came down the steps dressed in their usual casual t-shirts and jeans. I stood up, and sighed,"Can I go now, since Cameron isn't going." Both my parents eyes snapped to him,"And why aren't you going?" Their mom said.

"The outfits are total bullshit. You think I want to be seen in that? It'll ruin my swagger,"Cameron complained. I rolled my eyes, "You can't ruin something you've never had." Cameron growled at me, and I smirked. "Go get dressed now,"Our father said.

Cameron grumbled some curse words before leaving the table with his huge amount of food at tow. "I'll take you to school, dear,"My mom said as she grabbed the keys from the bowl near the front door. I nodded, and followed her out to our black SUV. 

"You know I don't think they're that bad looking," I whispered looking down at myself. Mom nodded,"You look cute." I rolled my eyes and watched the trees pass by. Ididn't know how to take a compliment. I was insecure, and thought of myself as nothing more than a piece of crap.

Luckily or unluckily (I still needed to figure which one), the school wasn't that far from our house. When the large building had come into view, my mouth gaped. It was bigger than my old one. It had metal gates with a buzzer, and the crest implanted on the front of the gates. The school had to be atleast five stories high. It had the whole gothic theme to it.

Black doors, a black roof, and stone gargoyles. On the front of the school it said Manchester Private School in white letters. There was grass and forest all around the building, but there was clearing right in front of the school, and a large cobble stone walk way up to the front doors.

Kids walked around on the campus, and I could already tell the werewolves from the humans. My mom got up to the gates, and pushed the silver button,"Name."A man's voice echoed. "Rylan James,"My mother said confidently and let the button go, as the big gates began to open.

I gulped, and mom smiled to me. I opened the car door, and grabbed my bag before shutting it. She gave mom one last look before she drove off. I stepped through the gates, and thankfully had remained invisible. I walked with my head down to a spot that was clear of any people.

I sat down on the grass and opened up my favorite book. The sun hit the book perfectly casting a perfect amount of light. All the sudden my book went dark, and I began to panic. I turned around and saw a blond girl glaring at my very soul.

"You're in my spot," She growled. The girl was most definitely a werewolf. I shot up faster than you could blink your eye, and slowly took a step back,"Sorry." The blond took a step closer to me, and continued to scowl. Then the girl laughed,"I'm totally kidding. You should have saw your face!" The blonde said pointing at me.

I stared at her blankly. I didn't know weather to cry, or run away, then cry. The blond caught on to my strange behavior, and straightened herself out. "I'm Clarisse, or you could call me Claire, or CC."She said as she stuck her hand out.

I just looked at her hand, and kept me own hands to myself. "You don't shake? Alright, fine. Well I thought I'd be nice and welcome you to hell."She muttered. I still said nothing, and continued to stare at Clarisse. The fact that she was actually talking to me made me queasy. I fidgeted uncomfortably, and waited for Clarisse to say something.

"So I'm guessing you don't say much..and what's your name again? I remember the teachers saying we'd get a new student today, well two actually. Riley? Reagan? Regina?"Clarisse began spouting out every possible R name she could think of.

"Rylan,"I said. I was kind of irritated with the girl. I, unlike Clarisse, didn't feel the need to flop my gums. "Aah, right,"Clarisse said as she snapped her fingers. The bell of the school rung, and I jumped. Clarisse seemed un-phased by it. "Was that the first bell?"I whispered as I bent down to pick up my bag. Clarisse kept her brown eyes on me and nodded,"Yep. Now we've got to get you to your first class before you get trampled."

I nodded, and she took my schedule from my bag. Nosey much? She unfolded and nodded, "Mrs.Orch is an amazing teacher. She's on the main level. I can show you."  I nodded, and she took my by the wrist. Everyone was barging through the doors trying to get in, but when people saw Clarisse coming they moved aside.

I had to practically jog behind her. She was drawing attention to us, something I wasn't too fond of. I kept my head low, and followed behind like a lost puppy. She stopped at room 302 and smiled proudly. At least we'd managed not to get ran over. The crowd coming down the hall sounded like a herd of elephants.

I began yanking on the door handle. Clarisse had magically disappeared, and now I was all left alone. Suddenly a slender woman opened the door, and peered down at me through her thick glasses. She had a long skinny nose, followed by long skinny lips. The woman was lanky, and had stick straight black hair that fell down her mid back.

"Who are you?" She asked. I glanced down the hall at the crowd coming towards me and said,"MynameisRylanandI'mnewhere,butcouldyoupleaseletmeinbecauseIdon'twanttogettrampled." I said in one breath. The woman studied me for a moment, and then stepped aside.

I ran into the classroom, and took a seat in the back. I set my stuff down, yet my amount of adrenaline hadn't calmed yet. More students began to file in, and I got the same look; confusion. I stared holes into my paper, trying to pretend that if I didn't look up then they wouldn't notice me.

"Rylan?" Mrs. Orch asked politely. I looked up and panicked. Shit. She wanted me to come up there and talk about myself. How about no. She motioned for me to come to the front, and I slowly got up. I pulled the ends of my sleeves over my hands. I was having a panic attack on the inside.

I got into the front of the class, and stood there awkwardly with my head down. Mrs. Orch cleared her throat, and some kids snickered. "Why don't you tell us about yourself," Mrs. Orch began. I nodded, but still didn't open my mouth.

What could I say? I had no clue, so I just went with the first thing that came to mind, "My name is Rylan James. I'm fifteen. I live in a house, and have a brother." That's all I could conjure up at the moment. Mrs. Orch began mentally debating on how to word her next response,"Anything else?" I nodded, "My favorite animal is a Panda. My favorite subject is History, and I like the color orange." "Nerd," Someone muffled into a cough.

I looked up and some blond guy was high-fiving a brunette boy. I wanted so badly to smack him, but I knew better. I wasn't one to get angry or start shit, so I wasn't certainly going to start now. "Mr. Elder, why don't you shut it." Mrs. Orch threatened. She had a evil glare on her face, and I suddenly got chills.

'Mr. Elder' rolled his eyes, and slouched in his seat. "Rylan why don't you take a seat," Mrs. Orch said. I nodded, and when I passed the blond boy's desk I muttered, "Dick." Then I practically had a panic attack. I had just spoken out. Oh my God. Where's the history book, this needs to be documented. I was so proud of myself that I almost broke out into a happy dance.

The guy hadn't replied, because he was obviously caught off guard. He was definitely a werewolf. His scent was strong of it. It almost overpowered everyone else's. Once I sat down I glanced back up at him, and he quickly turned from me. Maybe I've suddenly grown balls.

Continue Reading