I'm Still Waiting ✮ DeVante...

Flyonland tarafından

Navy Jones Is an high school student and a songwriter who keeps a diary everywhere she goes no one knows abou... Daha Fazla

Cast
Second Chapter: Band Diary
Third Chapter: Second Chances
New Title
Fourth Chapter: Can We Flo Tonight?
Fifth Chapter: Late Night Drive
Sixth Chapter: Earn Trust
Seventh Chapter: Opposition
Eight Chapter: Make It Like It Was
Ninth Chapter: I'm Still Waiting
Tenth Chapter: Let's Chill
Eleventh Chapter: Wanna Go Somewhere
Twelfth Chapter: Graduation Night
Thirteenth Chapter: Cry For You
Fourteenth Chapter: Back To Studio
Fifteenth Chapter: Midnite
Sixteenth Chapter: Hard Goodbye
Seventeenth Chapter: Birthday Bash
Eighteenth Chapter: Around
Nineteenth Chapter: Where I Wanna Be
Twentieth Chapter: U and I
Twenty-Second Chapter: Family
Twenty-Third Chapter: Have You Seen
Twenty-Fourth Chapter: Visiting New York
Twenty-Fifth Chapter: Find Out
Twenty-Sixth Chapter: Breaking Up
Twenty-Seventh Chapter: Four Years Later
Twenty-Eighth Chapter: Out Of Nowhere
Twenty-Ninth Chapter: Let Me Show You
Thirtieth Chapter: Don't Mess
Thirty-First Chapter: Gets Back Together
Thirty-Second Chapter: Spending Time
Thirty-Third Chapter: Tour
Thirty-Fourth Chapter: On My Way
Thirty-Fifth Chapter: Back Here Again
Thirty-Sixth Chapter: Wasn't What It Look Like
Thirty-Seventy Chapter: Block Party
Thirty-Eighth Chapter: For The Drama
Thirty-Ninth Chapter: The Show
Thoughts & Idea's
Fortieth Chapter: I Do Love You
Fortieth-First Chapter: My Phone

First Chapter: The Beginning

1.7K 36 272
Flyonland tarafından

Navy Jones
January 4, 1989
Charlotte, N
orth Carolina

Navy's alarm clock started going off around five o'clock In the morning she rubbed her eyes to wake herself up she turns over to turn off her alarm that was sitting on top of her dresser then she got up and got herself dressed to get the day started.

At school her teacher wanted the whole classroom to bring one of their special favorite thing that belonged to them to show In class to the rest of the students which Navy mind was on empty she didn't know what to do at this point. 

She looked back at her toy dolls on her shelves and wonder should she bring one of them since she barely couldn't go to sleep without them so she walked over to her shelves and stand up on her tippy toes to get her one of her doll that she always cuddling with to bed.

"Yes let's go Lilith you trying to see these ratchet people at school because I'm not" She says cheesing with a smile while putting her doll In her bookbag as she carries her bookbag on her shoulders.

Navy couldn't stand the boy In her bio class that calls himself a Genius he thought he was better than everyone at that school even the teachers thought he was somebody special.

"Hey suga breakfast is ready!" Her mother shouted out In a southern voice.

Navy hurried up and walked downstairs to join the rest of them for breakfast she walk In the kitchen and saw her entire family sitting down eating at the table.

"Hey good morning y'all" Navy said as she took herself a seat at the table while putting her bookbag over her nicely hips to grab her a plate.

"Well good morning dear" Her mom states while her daddy just sat there smiling at his daughter before he eats his breakfast.

"Hey Navy" Courtney said as she began eating.

"Hey" Navy returned back.

"So Navy I was wondering when you was going to come down for breakfast so did you ever figure out what you was going to bring with you to school?" Katrina said eating her piece of bacon. 

Navy nodded her head while she couldn't talk right now since the food was still in her mouth so she waited until it was all the way chewed up first to talk to her sibling. 

"Oh yeah I found me something that everyone going to fall In love with." Navy said bringing a smile on her face as she gave her sibling a playful pound.

"Okay...so where is it?" Katrina says as Navy pulls her favorite doll out her bookbag.

"Oh here It is right here I wanted to bring this since she's my baby and so good to cuddle with guys!" Navy said as Katrina and her other sister Courtney stayed silent.

"Okay you need a boyfriend bad" Courtney said at the table as the parents didn't like that joke.

Navy stared at her with low eyes thinking she didn't have to mention that.

"Oh no she don't them knuckle head ass boys need to stay where they at" Her father said meanly.

And Navy smiled hearing that she kind of agreed with him.

"Right, who have time for boys I know I don't" Navy said sticking out her tongue out playfully mocking her sisters Courtney and Katrina as she thought about that knuckle head ass boy again in her class

"Girl please we know all about your man at school oh what's his name again...Devante?" Katrina said as Navy gave her a look.

"I think so, oh Is it bae Devante!" Courtney said trying to be extra while snatching a bacon off her plate with a fork as she stuck the food in her mouth.

Navy turned around to all of them and gave them the meanest look ever they was getting on her nerves now.

"No he isn't my boyfriend I hate his guts and everybody know that so don't say that no more!" Navy said as her mother continue to look over at her daughter.

"Nay hate is a strong word don't use that anymore" Her mother Jackie said. 

"Well I do and besides he a jerk!" Navy says eating her breakfast.

Little do they know Navy and the boy at school didn't get along like that and the girl he dates never cared for Navy either.

"Okay let's head to school come on Navy I'll drive you to school" Jackie said to her daughter and she followed her mom out of the door.

"Alright, Bye Dad love you I'll see you this afternoon ok" Navy said giving her father a kiss on the cheek.

"Love you too baby girl, enjoy yourself at school pumpkin" Her father said giving his daughter a hug.

"Okay bye sisters" Navy said turning around as she didn't leave her two sisters out she hugged them two.

"Bye sis" Katrina said hugging her sister.

"Bye Navy and listen you know I be at school later" Courtney said hugging her sister as she always gets to decide what she wants without her parents running her life like they do Navy.

"Okay girl" Navy said and then left with her mother.

On the way to school Navy sated In the passenger seat while her palm of her hands began to get sweatier as the mom drove to take her kid to school.

They arrived to the school as Navy pushed on the door handle to get out her mom's car she turned around and gave her mom this look to let her know that she was good and that she doesn't have to wait until she get Inside the building like a five year old.

She walked herself on to class and saw hella students bumping into everyone to get where they needed to go Navy wasn't trying to run Into that Devante boy so she hurried up trying to get to her class so she could be the first one there.

Bell Rings

Class Is In session now everyone else arrived to class the same time which Navy was hoping she got there before the students did. 

Navy sighed In her seat while Devante turned around and said something negative.

"Damn stop blowing that hot ass breath on folks" Devante said looking at Navy while taking it personal.

Devante thought he was all that. 

"Excuse me what are you trying to say, how about you leave me alone!" Navy said rolling her eyes.

Devante continue on cracking his jokes before the teacher said something to him.

"You leave me alone I hope you not thinking I like you or nothing because I already got me a woman so you can hang that up little shorty!" Devante says as he turned around.

Navy just sated it in her seat as she hated getting picked on by this person the most.

"Be quiet we're about to get ready too start so who would like to go first?" The teacher says looking at the entire class.

"I guess I'll go first" Devante volunteered.

"Okay then come and share with us now tell us what you have there?" The teacher said sitting at her desk while Devante took over the whole class.

"Okay y'all ready...well anyway this right here Is a journal but I like to call It a diary I carry this everywhere I go I write everything In here that means a lot to me well that's all I have I hope you all like It" Devante said as he went to take his seat while he grinned at Navy before he sat down.

Navy rolled her eyes cause he was feeling himself a little too much.

"Thanks Devante that was amazing....okay does anybody us would like to come up" The teacher said looking at Navy as she looked more nervous than everyone there.

Navy thought she was in big trouble now she couldn't show anyone her gift they would really think she's being kiddy for her age.

"Me...I guess I'll start" Navy said as she pulled out her journal as well to show to the class.

"Okay, so you picked a journal too, could you explain why?" The teacher said as Navy walked up towards the front.

Navy waited until she got In front of the class to speak up she loved that she got everybody attention even she had Devante's attention which she thought he was gonna call her out about bringing the same thing to school but Instead he listened the whole time without giving no mean look either.

"Well this Is not what I treated like In fact I admire the things In here very much so to me Is more than just a journal and that's all I got to say" Navy said as she walked off and the class clapped loudly.

"Alright then thanks Navy for sharing with us" The teacher said as Devante turned halfway around to look at Navy then he quickly turned back around.

"You welcome" Navy said as she finally feel like she was fitting In.

Lunchroom

Navy was walking with her tray with food on It looking where to seat she looked around as she figure where to go eat at while she saw this empty table she walked towards the table while she bumped Into Devante as her notebook fell down with some of his things.

"Oh I'm so so sorry I didn't see you standing there oh let me help you out" Devante says as he picked up her things and his things as well.

Navy half smiled while she grabbed her things out his hand she didn't know rather he was genuine or not.

"Okay thank you" Navy said as she was about to walk away while he mentioned to her about a few stuff.

"So you're a songwriter huh that's kind of cool I never met a girl that writes songs usually you just hear men writes for other people" Devante said.

"Yeah well I'm not every other girl" Navy said with a serious tone.

Devante liked that he was getting turned on for some reason.

"I see" Devante said with a smirk.

Well this was her cue.

Navy just walked away before he said something else she had to get away from him before she say the wrong thing and ended up getting on everyone shit list again since every one of the students loved Devante If he had beef with a person so did they.

Devante began to eat with some three guys sitting at the table and with some girl Navy just couldn't see what Devante see's In this girl she didn't get It at all.

Navy turned back around to eat her meal and write some cool lyrics down In her journal for a little bit she grabbed her journal after eating her cookie and opened up the first page to see someone unknown handwriting she realize this was someone else's book that Devante accidently gave to her.

"What this is not mine" Navy said as she cuts her eyes back at Devante table while she wanted so bad to walk over there to tell him but It was too late he got up out his seat and walked somewhere with the girl following behind him.

Navy could only Imagine what they was going to go do.

She looked down at the journal that called. "Diary Of A Mad Band" and saw songs that was from Jodeci she didn't know who the heck that person was.

(5 Hours Later)

Courtney was looking through the pages chilling on the bed In her sister's room that belonged to Navy when she recognized a name from the book.

"Why does that name sounds familiar" Courtney said as she saw something that stuck out to her.

"What name?" Navy said as she came to sit down on the bed looking at the book.

"K-ci's name oh wait he must go by that name now cause I know that is not the name his parents gave to him" Courtney said.

"What was his name before?"

"Cedric Hailey" Courtney said as Navy couldn't control her laughs.

"Oh I can see why, I mean you don't think is his book do you?" Navy said looking at Courtney.

"I don't see why It won't be, you should return It in to the lost and found at your school tomorrow" Courtney said doing the right thing.

"Yeah I guess you right wait a minute why It says written by Devante right here It has to be that fool book" Navy says as Courtney snatched the book out her hand.

"No way you hate him!" Courtney said reading his lyrics.

You and I will never fall apart. You and I we knew right from the start, baby, baby. the day. We fell so far in love

Navy got up as she couldn't believe who book this was.

"Don't tell me that we got each other private journals." Navy said as she wanted to throw up.

"Could be right about It" Courtney said.

Navy sighed while wondering what to do this situation she didn't want that Idiot looking In her journal.

"I can't believe this Courtney how did this happened?" Navy said as her other sister knocked on her door and Navy and Courtney looked at Katrina standing at the door.

"Y'all are too loud would you mind keeping it down I've class tomorrow!" Katrina says as she scrunched up her face.

Katrina was the smartest one in her family so she studied and tutor students a lot that was what she loved to do.

"Well damn we sorry" Navy says looking at her oldest sister.

Courtney began to look at DeVanté journal while she didn't care what her sister was talking about this was like reading a article.

"Yo Katrina we found something here read this" Courtney said about to walk where the other sister was to show her DeVanté journal.

Navy looked at Courtney as she didn't understand what was so important about a stupid journal.

"What is it" Katrina said sticking out her hand to get the book from Courtney.

"It's a journal that Navy found at lunch who she claims is DeVante's" Courtney said folding her arms across the chest.

Katrina eyes widened as she turned the first page and looked at the journal reading the sweetest lyrics that the eighteen year old wrote down. 

"Oh my god he wrote all these songs to Navy? He a keeper" Katrina says in shock as navy rolled her eyes.

"Ew he's not my type and hell no" Navy said as she looked grossed out.

"Shut up Navy it's okay to have a crush" Courtney said looking at her sister.

Navy didn't want to hear that "Okay are y'all done I knew this was a bad idea"

"No you've to tell him to write more songs like this cause them songs are amazing" Katrina said as she closed the book giving it to Navy.

"I know right yeah you should tell him that. He might like you!" Courtney said as Navy didn't know what to think of that

"What is there to like besides he barely even want to talk to me" Navy said plobbing down on her bed with so much on her mind. 

"Girl you're beautiful any man would be lucky to be with don't let them fool you" Courtney said talking to her brown skinned sister.

Navy looked at her sister as she was trying to brighten up that smile of hers to cheer her up.

"Aww thanks" Navy said looking back at DeVante journal.

She tried to get into him but she realize it's going to take a little time

To Be Continued...

Should I Keep It Or Delete It?

What do you think is going to happen between Navy and Devante now?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

154K 5.5K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
285K 8.5K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
122K 5.1K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
596K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...