Dancing on broken glass- Lee...

נכתב על ידי straykids_makemestay

Yu Chaelee has always wanted to become an Idol, but her parents would never let her. Entering the prestigiou... עוד

PLS READ THIS FIRST
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: intro
Chapter 2: New opportunities
Chapter 3: Auditions
Chapter 4: Auditions p2
Chapter 5: the VIP new boy
Chapter 6: Your everyday first day(minus getting stuck in an elevator)
Chapter 7: Escape
Chapter 8: getting stuck in an elevator yet again.
Chapter 9: Birthday surprise
Chapter 10: the amusement park
Chapter 11: The big announcement
Chapter 12: sleeping, dealing with bitches and more sleeping
Chapter 14: Pairs
Chapter 15: The last night

Chapter 13: Was it really a kiss?

167 7 27
נכתב על ידי straykids_makemestay

(A/N: WARNING! HEAVILY UNEDITED)

Chaelee POV

I yawn as the councillor knocks on the door to wake us up. Katya heads to open it rubbing her eyes. Somi is still fast asleep and Evelyn is sitting on her bed staring into space. 

 "Morning ladies." 

 I almost scream when I hear Chads voice and immediately pull my blanket to cover my loose shirt. Katya is also startled and jumps a little almost slamming the door back in his face. 

 "You can quickly go shower and get ready now before we start the day. Be ready in an hour please wear something that you can do physical activity in. And no you won't get your clothes dirty today so you don't have to worry about that." he says smiling and turns to leave. 

I sigh as soon as Katya closes the door again. Locking it. That was not ok. Why on earth would they send a MALE counsellor to wake up up when there are 2 female ones. For all they know we could've slept in our underwear!? My bunk was close enough to Somis that I could reach her through the air. I poked her face a couple of times until she woke up. I explained the instructions we were given. I decided to run now before all the showers were taken by the other girls.

One I got myself ready I headed back to my room.

I pulled my hair in a high ponytail in my room so I wasn't attacked by a hundred girls for space by the mirror in the bathroom. I decided against make up as we might be doing exercises. I sigh thinking about what happened last night. I honestly still feel very uncomfortable. I don't know what gives Mitch the right to touch me like that, not to mention it definitely brings back unwanted memories. I honestly remember crying so much after that. After I had that breakdown I promised myself I wouldn't cry anymore. Now whenever I'm upset I just feel numb. But last night I felt tears for the first time in a while after telling Felix what happened at the park.... I wonder why. 

We still have about 45 min before breakfast. Suddenly I get a message from an unknown number. 

???: Goooood morning! It's Alex btw.                               

Chaelee: Oh hey, Good morning to you too 

Alex: What you up to? 

Chaelee: I'm just sitting in the room. You?   

Alex: Actually same.

Did you manage to sleep well?

I definitely didn't. The guys in my room snore so loudly it's like there's a whole orchestra going on in this room at night.

The thought of 3 guys snoring while Alex suffers in the corner makes me laugh a little. We ended up chatting until it was 10 min before we had to to leave for breakfast. He was honestly a really nice guy. Even though we just met it  already feels like we've been friends for years. I decide to scroll on social media until the other girls arrive back to the room.

_____________________________

Felix POV

I hear my phone beep next to me. I look at the screen to see it the guys. They probably saw the photos I sent.

(The Maknae on top changed the group name)

                           BOKKI FINALLY HAS A GF😱🔥

Channie: Wow the mountains look so pretty

Hyunnie: Wow you're friends look so pretty😉

Mother Know: It looks too cold there come home

Muscles: I agree with Hyunjin

gO qUokkA: Bring back gifts or else.....

Dandy Boy in the building : Is the one girl wearing you're skz custom member hoodie......?

The Maknae on top: OH SHE IS. FELIX WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS. I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW YOU LIKED HER!!!

Channie: Oh so there IS a girl. She's extremely pretty so really good choice on that.

Felix: GUYS SHE'S NOT MY GF SHE WAS JUST COLD.She's one of my friends I made here                                                                                                                                                  The Maknae on top: Mhm sure if you say so but I'll change the name then

  (The Maknae on top changed the group name)

                                   BOKKI IN DENIAL😍

Hyunnie: I LOVE THAT. Guys my child is so smart *sniffs*

I then said I needed to go to breakfast as an excuse and switched my phone off. They can't actually be serious. Imagine me falling for Chaelee..... That's just weird.

 Right?

____________________________

Mitch POV

I was sitting at breakfast when Chaelee walked in. God she is gorgeous. Why doesn't she just accepted the fact that we need to be together? Why doesn't she just realise her feeling for me? Why play hard to get? I watch her as she walks to that friend of hers. Suddenly the guy from last night at the pool walks up to her and SHE HUGS HIM. HE TALKS TO HER FOR LESS THAN AN HOUR AND SHE CAN HUG HIM BUT SHE CAN'T EVEN GREET ME BUT I SEE HER EVERY DAY!? 

"Ooooh Chaelee I'd be careful if I were you. You're getting on my nerves" I think

___________________________

Chaelee POV

As I'm waiting for the line for breakfast Alex walks past. He quickly greets us and hugs me before walking to his schools side of the room. I can feel a pair of eyes burning into me and see Felix walking in watching me, his expression unreadable. He walks towards us grabbing a plate on his way. 

(Reminder that when it's just the three of them they speak in that Korean English mix)

 "Morning" I say to him smiling slightly

 "Morning Felix" Somi says cheerfully

He looks at me like he's expecting something...?

 "What, what is it?" I ask 

 " Huh? Oh no nothing" he replies vaguely

 "Ok...." I say not convinced

 But eventually he's back to his usual self chatting along with Somi. I'm honestly too tired to even listen to the conversation. Mornings are not my time of day. For breakfast I just take a slice of toast with butter and a cup of coffee.

 "Is that not to little? Here take this as well" Felix says and places another slice of toast and some fruit on my plate. 

 "Yah that's too much" 

 "She sometimes doesn't eat in the mornings at all" Simi laughs

We head to a table where Katya and Evelyn are sitting already with their breakfasts.

 "What!? That's not healthy Chaelee you know that if you don't eat enough in a day you could pass out!? Not to mention the amount of exercise and activities you-" 

I cut him off by taking the extra piece of toast he gave me and stuffing it into his mouth. He looks at me shocked. 

 "Ah that's better." I say now that it's quiter. Everyone else at the table laughs.  

 He bites off the piece of toast in his mouth off and pulls out the rest of it.

 "Hey you can't do tha-" now I take a piece of fruit and do the same thing. Now even I'm laughing.I

He chews the fruit and when he's done he just looks at me with a death stare. 

 "I forfeit, sorry" he says trying to act upset " but I will get you back" 

 "Yeah sure you will." 

 I turn back to my food but feel a shiver as I think someone is watching me. I turn as if I'm stretching and look around the room to see Chad staring right at me from the teacher and counsellor table. I turn back around and just try to eat my food. I try shake the feeling of being watched and just go on with the conversation even though I know he's still watching me.

After breakfast we are lead to an open hall and are told to stand in 2 lines in front of a desk. Since it was so difficult to get into Sunset there's only around 40-50 students in my year.

"Ok guys we 're going to do a little activity before we continue. In the table there is a stack of paper and pens. Please take a page and write something you want to learn of experience at this camp, cold the paper and put it in the box." Ryley says

 the line slowly moves and I have no idea what to write. Eventually I reach the front and not down " To learn how to know if you like some one or not" without even thimking. "What's wrong with you, it's not like you like someone"  I scold myself, but still find that I'm folding the page and putting it into the box. 

Eventually every one is finished and the councillors tell us they're going to quickly go through them and we can use this time to use our devices before we have to it then away. To my surprise the Wi-Fi here is actually decent and I scroll through Instagram sitting next to Felix, Somi, Evelyn and Katya.

 "Ok we have read through your answers and the results well I'm not sure how to put it....." Ryley calls

 " Y'all are fucking lonely. "  Bailey says bluntly

Everyone is shocked

 "Well that's one way to say it. But yes it's true. Almost every one of your notes were about relationships. The biggest request was for us to play matchmaker with you guys. Now we actually have done this before believe it or not but we won't do it now unless you guys are comfortable with it." Ryley says

 " All in favour raise your hands" Bailey shouts

Basically the entire room raises their hands. I closing myself and everyone else. This seems like it could be fun so why not.

 "Well there clearly a decision made" Ryley laughs

"Ok then. For today we're just going to monitor you guys at your activities and see who we think will go well with who. At the end of the day we'll have an event after dinner and then reveal the results." Bailey says.

 "Firstly we have to split you into groups. Everyone stand up and move away from your friends and sit back down in the circle. You will then be allocated a number and whatever number you get is the group your in." Ryley explains

We all stand up and move around the room and sit down again. Then the councillors walk around and write a number on everyone's had. I got 4. 

"Ok if you've got 1 stand here, 2 here, 3 here and 4 here." Ryley allocated a place for each group. 

I walk over to the end where other people in group 4 are. I don't know a few people but most I know from my claesses. Then I turn to see Leina walk towards us. As she sees me a look I can only describe as pure disgust is on her face. I just sigh and look away lost in thought, honestly it couldn't get any worse. Wrong, it could. I look and see Mitch walking toward us, a smirk on his face. I look away and some point, done with life. That is, until I feel a pair of arms rest on top of my shoulders from behind me. I turn to see Felix grinning at me.

 "No way you're in 4 too!" I say excitedly

 "Indeed I am" he laughs

Bailey then tells us out our phones in our rooms and meet her back here to follow her while the other councillers take the other groups to their first activity. Eventually we stop in front of a huge tree with a picnic table on the side.

"Ok everyone sit down. We're playing an ice breaker !" She says with no enthusiasm

We all sit down in a circle under the tree.

" Ok so basically I think everyone here knows the game truth or dare right? You have the freedom to ask any questions. Keep me entertained"  Bailey says

We go around the circle and everyone asks each other questions. So far most of them have been trust and the one dare was boring. Suddenly I hear my name.

 "Chaelee truth or dare" a girl named Sara says.

 "Dare" I say, the game has been way to boring.

 "Walk away, we're going to get snacks and lay it out on the picnic table. Whoever's food you eat you have to sit on their lap for the rest of the round." She says

I sign and walk away. Bailey keeps me company as the others run and get snacks from the room. eventually when they're done they call me and I walk up to them. There is an array of sweets and snacks on the table. I immediately go for my favourite one which is *****insert******  and eat it. 

 "Ok who put that on the table" I ask

I look to see Mitch out his hand up smirking. Ok now whatever I ate today was threatening to come back. We go back in a circle and I sit in the ground in front of Mitch, not on his lap. Just waiting for the round to end. I feel him lean closer to me and immediately lean away. I just need this round to end. I also get this feeling that someone is staring at me but I can't figure out who.

Soon someone asks Felix. 

"Hey Felix, truth or dare?"

" Ummm dare?"

"Um ok then... OH I'VE GOT IT! Do that Pocky challenge with the person you're closest with in the room."

He blushes but boss and goes to the table and gets a Pocky stick. He walks up to me. 

"You guys have to do it in the middle so everyone can watch" a guy says

We stand up and walk to the centre . Everyone (including Bailey) stands and moves toward us so they can see. Blushing, I put the pocky stick in my mout and squeeze my eyes shut. We start the challenge and as we get closer the more my heart beats. We're almost at the end now. Suddenly his lower lip slightly bumps against mine and I immediately move backwards.

(A/N: If you're confused basically this is what happened, just imagine Chaelee is Hyunjin and Felix is Chan. CREDS TO RIGHTFUL OWNERS)

Everyone is screaming or laughing and I'm just standing away in shock and extremely flustered. Felix walked away blushing furiously as well. I can't believe we did that. Did I basically kiss my best friend? Well technically it it wasn't a kiss but still. I eventually move my hands away from my face and see both Mitch and Leina are the only two who don't find this funny. But honestly fuck them at this point. I have bigger problems. I look at Felix and we make eye contact and seem to have the same idea. We walk up to each other and he pulls me into a hug. I look up at him.

"Sorry" we say at the same time

"No, it's fine" we say in unison again and burst out laughing 

Soon everyone is laughing and Felix and I brush the incident off. We sit next to each other and soon it's my turn to ask someone something. 

"Leina, truth or dare?" I ask, deciding to make the game interesting 

"Truth" she replies picking at her shiny pink nails.

"What's your problem with me." I ask, deciding not to beat around the bush. Because I'm actually so done with her and her problems with me. Like just let me exist in peace.

"Do you really want the answer to that" she asks with a sickly smile on her face

"Ooooo I sense tension" Bailey says, clearly very interested.

"Yes, because I'm tired of your bullshit" I reply 

"Well you see. You're in my way, and you know with who." is all she says

"But I don't understand how, it's not like I'm standing like a fucking wall between you two. And it's not like I'm trying to stop you" 

"Well maybe you should just leave him alone for me to have him for once! All you ever do is be around him like just stop it! He's mine!" She says her anger in her voice rising.

Ok.... This is getting weird now. I'm just sitting there in shock and so if everyone else. No one makes a sound

"You can't claim ownership over a person. He's a human for heavens sake. Not some object you can call yours." I scoff  

"Well what do you know? You just get everything you want! Fed with a golden spoon. You just take everything that's mine. You took that dance spot from me. You took my scholarship, yeah that's right i know about you're scholarship. They were going to only give 1 100% scholarship and you took it away from me. I don't even understand because you're useless too. No talent, you can barely sing, your dance was average and you just got lucky that lesson, no looks whatsoever. You're just some ugly bitch who showed up out of nowhere and took everything from my spotlight. And it's the fact you didn't even stop there after I warned you the first time. You still went and became friends with him. Like what more do you want???" Leina is now fully shouting at me

Now everyone is dead silent. Including Bailey I just sit there stunned for a second. I feel completely numb. Like if you were to light me on fire I'd feel nothing. Then the anger suddenly kicks in. Bailey looked like she was about to intervene but I hold my hand up to let her know I'm going to end this.

"You know nothing  about me. So don't go play victim when none of this is my fault." My voice low and is like steel. Strong and cold. The anger is radiating off me now but I keep my composure calm. Only letting my voice convey any emotion.

"The dance spot was not my decision. You just lack skill in certain dance styles. What I got for my scholarship has nothing to do with you and is supposed to be disclosed information. So congratulations you got yourself in trouble for breaking student protocol. And surely if the scholarship was made for you, you would receive it? If I was so talentless why would they give it to me. Yes I admit I may be ugly, and I know for sure I'm definitely a bitch to those who are bitches to me but I have never done anything to stop you from being with him. But you know what? I might just do it now just to be the bitch I seem to be" I say cooly, putting on a fake smile at the end.

Now she's silent too. 

"Oooookayyyyy that was interesting. Maybe we should move on to the next activity. We will be doing some team building!" Bailey breaks the silence

She leads the group to a new spot. As we're walking she slows down to talk to me.

"That was some bad bitch shit right there. Good you told her off, honestly the bitch deserved it. " she says giving me a encouraging grin and then heading to the front of the group

You know, I'm really starting to like her.

~time skip to dinner~

I haven't seen the girls the whole day. Not even at lunch because we went at different times. By the time it was dinner I felt deprived of Somi honestly. When I saw her I wanted to run and hug her. She walked up to me and the first thing she says is.

"So you and Felix kissed huh? " with a smile

"Oh my days, Mi it was NOT a kiss. And also how do you even know about that. "

 "I have my ways" she grinned

I look at her suspiciously as we then take out food and head toward a table with Katya and Evelyn. Soon Felix joins us. We all take notice when Alex walks out of the food line, looks around, spots me, and starts to head towards us.

Somi is immediately shoving her food off her plate into Evelyns while Evelyn is stuffing her mouth as quickly as she can. Katya pushed her plate away from her and I just stop eating in general. Felix is the only one unbothered.

"I hope you don't mind if I join?" Alex asks

"of course not" Somi answers

Alex sits opposite me and puts his plate down. 

"Did you guys hear about the talent show?" He asks

"Talent show?" Katya questions

" yeah supposedly they're having one now after dinner" he replies

"Oh that's so cool! Chae omg you and Felix should do your dance!" Somi exclaims

Me and Felix exchange a grin. We've already been rehearsing for this before camp but obviously no one else knows that. 

"And don't even think about not singing Mi" I warn 

"No because what if the three of us sing together! Oh wait what about everyone here sings together?" Somi exclaims

"Woah hold on there I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. Katya and I are on the academic side of things." Evelyn says

"Ya and I'm more of your sports kind of guy" Alex laughs

"Pfft you guys are boring." Simi scorns jokingly

We actually all get along really well and end up enjoying dinner. As soon as dinner is over we get an announcement from Chad.

"Ok so guys there is going for me a talent show tonight! You can showcase anything that you believe is your talent! If you would like to sign is the papers are here by me. We'd like to keep it one act per person as there are a lot of you please. Then we'll all go to the main hall and get ready for the preformances." Chad says

As everyone moves we decide with Somi that Felix and I will go and that next time we'll prepare a song. There is a large crowd of people from both schools standing at the table signing up. We get stopped half way by a bunch of fangirls from the other school. 

"Hello Chaelee " Chad says smiling when we reach the table

I give a small smile back and fill out the form with Felix and quickly leave. 

Soon we head to the main hall and sit down on chairs in front of a large space that they left as a makeshift stage. 

"Ok so I'll be calling at random. Please prepare any music or sounds of you need any so that you can connect your device to the speaker." Chad says

I luckily grabbed my phone before dinner and had the music ready. It feels like forever as multiple people go before us. Some dances, some singed, some did magic and there was even an acrobat. finally Chad goes 

"And last but not least. Chaelee Yu and Felix Lee with a dance duet! " 

I take my phone and connect it to the speaker. We stand in place and wait for the music to start. I must admit that this choreography took some serious confidence. I remember the first few lessons how awkward I was as I struggled to get the confidence for this style. But now as the music starts, I'm more confident than ever.

(A/N: creds to rightful owner! Let's pretend they were the first couple) 

As expected the crowd starts screaming as we dance and Ive never felt more hyped up in my life. Felix and I got every note perfectly in sync and making no mistakes. When we're finished the whole room is filled with a applause. I look at Felix and grin. He casually wraps his arm over my shoulder as we walk off the "stage" .  When we sit down Evelyn, Somi and Katya keep telling us how amazing we were. I just chuckled and rested against Felix, his arm was still around me.

~time skip to dorm~

As soon as I got changed I immediately fell into bed. Wow I was tired. I hear my phone ping to see it's Alex

Alex: Your dancing skills are elite

I chuckle as I reply. We eventually ended up talking for the next 2 hours before sleep got the better of me. I sigh as I toss and turn in my bed. I can't stop thinking about today. About what Leina said to me. About the near kiss. Was it a kiss? No it wasn't, it couldn't have been. It was an accident..... yet......

I sigh again as I close my eyes and will myself to sleep.

_______________________

Its the middle of the night and of course my bladder couldn't wait until the morning. I walk slowly, trying to rub the sleep.from my eyes. When suddenly I hear a noise. And it's coming from behind the bathroom. I quitely tiptoe to see someones facing theyre back to me. Theyre bent over a smaller figure whose arms are wrapped around the taller figure, clawing at his back. it's hard to see much in the moonlight but I manage to see a few things, like the taller figures hair or the shorter figures nails(which look kind of familiar). Realising I've walked into someones secret rendezvous and quickly reverse back to the bathroom. 

But even when I'm back in my dorm some time after, can't shake the image of the girl's shiny pink nails.

____________________________

Todays chapter was a bit shorter than the last. I'm having a bit of a writers block so sorry for the slow updates! I'll try to update quicker. 

Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Sam

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

497K 10.4K 25
THE LAST TIME I CHECKED THIS LIL SHT HAD 90K READS NOW OVER 300K??? WHAT ARE Y'ALL DOING????? ⚠️ Please keep in mind that this is my first ever story...
460K 15.8K 80
Olivia is content with her life. She has a job that pays her bills, even though she absolutely hates it. She gives free dance classes twice a week...
111K 6.8K 52
One is a strict perfectionist and the other is a carefree spirit. Not quite a dream team, but they have one thing in common - a passion for dance. Wh...
12.5K 292 49
A Stray Kids AU Fanfiction. ﹒⪩⪨﹒Themes !! • Zombie Apocalypse ° Mafia Groups and Rivalries • Romance, Thriller, Horror ° Stray Kids FanFiction AU!! ...