Ziam One Shots

By indi765

Ziam fluff, maybe smut, also mpreg stories. More

Only For You-1
Only For You-2
Please stay
Hey Stranger
Be Mine 1
Be Mine 2
A piece of my heart
Never letting you go
Back to you
Me for You
Roses-I
Roses-II
Soulmate
Luna-I
Luna-II
Luna-III

Strawberries and Cigarettes

255 20 18
By indi765

Liam hummed his favourite song softly as the song was playing in his ear plugs. Lately he's been obsessed with this one. He won't admit it why though he knows the reason.

It's my story.

Well some parts of it.

He shook his head, his focus should be on completing the assignment that his dear professor has given. Why do they even care to give all these assignments when at the end of the day all their hard work is thrown away?

Okay now is not the time to think about all this.

He was nearly finished and wanted to rest a bit. After a hectic week he needed that rest.

He had thought that being in college was fun. But it was no way near to fun. As he's always been the top student, the pressure of always being perfect in everything is too much for him.

And that too he lived with his parents. His overprotective family was not ready to let him go. Especially his father, well, no one can blame him, Liam and him are the closest. His mum sometimes gets jealous of how strong the father son bond is, but Liam knows she loves him more than his father.

Both of his sisters are married and away from home. He knew his parents will be lonely without him, so he had agreed to stay with them for the first year. Next year him and his friends will shift into an apartment near college itself.

And that way he could be with him.

Speaking of the devil, Liam didn't hear the rustling outside his window because of the music. The intruder came in as quietly as possible.

A startled gasp left Liam's mouth as he felt a soft kiss on his nape.

And the next second his earphones were removed. With a pout, he looked at his boyfriend who dared to interrupt his me time. Yes, listening to his favourite music is Liam's me time. Especially when he listens to the playlist Zayn and he himself made for them.

"I missed you"

Liam tilted his head to look at his love, "Oh yeah? Then why didn't you meet me in between classes?" They had met in the morning near the lockers but then Zayn had disappeared.

He had asked Louis, his boyfriend's best friend, but the blue eyed boy claimed that he didn't have any idea where Zayn was. Liam thought it must be something important that's why Zayn couldn't have informed him.

Zayn moved away from Liam who was sitting at his desk and sat on Liam's bed, "I had to go somewhere"

A frown formed on his lips, "Care to tell me where you went? You didn't even call me back or answer my texts" It's not like Liam doubts his boyfriend, but lately Zayn has been extra clingy to him and at the same time sometimes lost in his own world.

"That's a surprise for you Jaan. And I'm sorry I couldn't reply to you back"

Liam scoffed, "If you're planning for my birthday, let me tell you beforehand, mom and dad have already made plans for a trip. And if you have the guts to talk to them, then be my guest"

The fact that Liam's family doesn't know about his relationship with Zayn is just because the dark haired guy is terrified of Liam's father. The man has served in military so Zayn is scared that senior Payne will shoot him in the head once he gets to know how Zayn took his son's innocence.

A total drama queen Zayn is, Liam thinks.

Zayn's family on the other hand had suspected something between them long back. And when they had finally told the Maliks, they were over the moon.

How could a brat like Zayn get Liam who's a pure angel.

That's a mystery still unsolved.

Liam is quick to join his boyfriend, assignment forgotten, by sitting on his favourite place.
Zayn's lap.

They have done so many things together, from the dirtiest to the sweetest, being in this position.

He gently cupped the dark haired boy's cheeks and leaned in. Their lips met silently, moving against each other in their own accord, as if they are following a rhythm. Liam softly sighed as their tongues met, dancing along each other's.

But something irked him and he pulled away from his boyfriend's lips.

"You smoked again"

It wasn't an accusation. Liam is now used to it.

His strawberry chapstick and Zayn's ciggerates is his now favourite taste.

At first he didn't like the fact that his boyfriend smoked. Zayn had gotten addicted to it pretty early, but when he's with Liam, he totally forgets about it.

So Liam always tries to distract his boyfriend. Sometimes Zayn smokes in front of him too, and he himself has tried it. He didn't like it though, he only likes it's taste on Zayn's lips.

"I was just stressed. It was a hectic day"

"Now I'm curious to know what you did" Liam rested his hands on Zayn's shoulders, all the while his boyfriend's sneaky hands had found their way inside his tshirt and were caressing the skin of his delicate waist.

"Baba needed some spare parts for the garage, so I went to get them. And then prepared something for your surprise. Happy now?"

Liam isn't a fool to understand that the topic was bothering Zayn, so he decided to leave it for now. If it's anything important, Zayn will tell him. Their two years of relationship is built on trust and communication.

"Alright my big baby, don't pout now" Liam sweetly pecked Zayn's pouty lips.

And his boyfriend grabbed that opportunity to suck the life out of the brown eyed boy with a simple kiss.

Soon the kiss turned into a heated makeout session. Their clothes were removed with the utmost care, while their mouths were still attached, hungry for each other. Their hands greedily mapped the other's body as if it was the first time.

Liam knew he'll have to hide the marks and bites that Zayn is giving him, but to hell with it. Every second spent with his boyfriend is worth all the trouble he has to go through.

So he just carded his fingers through the black mane and pushed Zayn's head more into his chest as the black haired guy was having a feast of Liam's buds, while those long fingers worked their way inside him, opening Liam up for him.

And as Zayn thrust into Liam, the brown eyed boy bit his lips to stop the filthy moan that threatened to be let out. His parents were just downstairs and he didn't want to get caught. Especially like this.

Zayn took it upon himself to muffle their groans by kissing his boyfriend. They have done this so many times now that they just know how to pleasure each other.

They finally reached the peak, the euphoria engulfing both of them, while they held onto each other with Zayn's face buried in Liam's neck, breathing in his sweet scent. Liam simply grabbed Zayn's locks and bit his lips to the point that a few drops of blood escaped them.

When they were down from their high, Zayn quickly threw away the condom. And as for Liam, he was still in a daze that he was startled when his boyfriend licked the cum that was on his chest and stomach.

Zayn soon joined him on the bed, not caring to change the sheets. Both were too tired for it. And they fell into a slumber in each other's arms. Their safe and happy place.

-------------

"Liam"

"Yes Harry"

When he didn't get a reply, Liam looked up at his bestfriend.

They were currently in the library working on a project they had been partnered up.

"It's nothing, forget it"

"It's not nothing if it's bothering you so much. Tell me what happened?"

Harry is a person who never holds back. Whatever will be on his mind he speaks up and Liam has always appreciated this quality of his.

"I don't know if you've noticed but, don't you think Louis and Zayn are spending too much time together. I mean I know they are very close but still, Louis is always with Zayn, he even forgot about our date two days back, because he was with your boyfriend at the garage"

Liam hasn't noticed anything till now. But he knows Louis is Zayn's best friend and both are close since their childhood, but he has never seen them both spending too much time together.

"I don't know Hazz, I didn't notice anything"

"I'm telling you Li, something is going on. Before Lou wouldn't care to call Zayn to ask how he is, and now, he legit calls him every night before going to sleep. He didn't even text me during our first year together before going to bed!"

Liam pursed his lips. Harry is not a person who accuses anyone just like that. If his best friend is sure that their boyfriends are hiding something then he too should look into the matter.

"Alright, I'll ask him. Don't worry now. And I'm sure it's nothing serious as you're imagining"

Harry pouted, "They better have a good reason"

----------

As promised, Liam did ask Zayn, but his boyfriend shrugged it off saying him and Louis are working on repairing a car for Zayn. Yaser has finally given him the permission so both are working on it.

Liam has no doubt that Zayn will lie to him, there's no need. They have always been transparent with each other so he believed what his boyfriend told him.

Days passed and it was two days before Liam's birthday. He realised that Zayn was indeed planning something with the way how suspicious he acted at times.

And who said Liam wasn't excited for the surprise. He was sad though because his parents were taking him to their lakehouse for his birthday tomorrow for the whole weekend and he couldn't be with his boyfriend.

He was sulking all day and cursing Zayn for not revealing their relationship to his family. He knows it's not right but his mood was quite off just thinking about staying away from his love.

He was currently in his room trying to figure out a math problem and it was infuriating. He was already not feeling alright because Zayn too didn't talk to him for the whole day and now he couldn't figure out the solution to this problem.

His phone dinged and he quickly opened it to check any new message.

Zayn had texted him asking him to meet at the old park behind Zayn's house.

A smile bloomed on Liam's lips, he knew tonight Zayn will give him his birthday's surprise. But honestly he never expected anything grand from his boyfriend, any sweet and simple gesture the dark haired boy showed him was enough for him to swoon over his boyfriend.

He quitely tried to sneak out of his house after getting ready. He didn't do much though, just changed into comfortable pants and a jacket.

Luckily his parents were heavy sleepers and he took his bicycle to his destination. It was around midnight and he didn't want to walk alone in the dark.

He reached the park in minutes but didn't see any arrangements. With slow steps he stepped inside and gasped when the lights suddenly came on.

Zayn was standing in the middle, dressed as usual but his face showed an excited glint. And not to mention his boyfriend was dressed elegantly and it was a treat to Liam's eyes.

It was nothing much, just a small tent which was illuminated by fairy lights and Liam could see mattress with blankets on it.

He took slow steps towards his love, his eyes glittered with unshed tears. He didn't expect this surprise from his boyfriend. Zayn was never a romantic one in their relationship, especially since they hid it from Liam's parents, they never had really gone out on dates either. So seeing all this effort made Liam's heart bloom with more love for Zayn.

"Zayn, this is amazing!" He whispered when he got closer to his boyfriend.

Zayn held his hand and engulfed him in a tight hug, "Did you really like it? I know it's not much but this is what my dumb brain could think of"

"Hey don't call my boyfriend's brain dumb! He'll get angry" Liam chuckled as he moved back and pressed their lips. Zayn kissed back with equal passion before pulling away for much needed air.

"Won't get be angry seeing you kissing someone else"

"Well, he can learn to share"

Zayn lightly spanked his butt, "No one can ever touch you baby"

Liam giggled, "I know my possessive baby", He squeezed his cheeks, "Now where is my cake?"

"Before that I want to give you something", Zayn took a step back from him, leaving the warmth

Liam frowned but waited as Zayn dig into his pockets. He gasped when he saw what Zayn had in his hands.

"You can't propose now Zayn! I'm not even dressed up for this"

Zayn rolled his eyes at Liam's antics, "Of course I'm not proposing to you Liam. They are promise rings", he opened the small velvet box which contained two simple silver rings.

"Zayn" Liam whispered as his boyfriend slid one of them into his ring finger.

"I promise to be with you, to protect you, to be your shield, your strength, your safe haven Jaan. I promise to always fight for our love, to never let you down and always be your support whenever you need me, till the last breath I take"

Finally the dam broke and Liam let out a small sob before he cried. Zayn was quick to wipe away the tears that rolled down his soft cheeks that now had a pink hue.

"Now come on, won't you give me my promise ring?"

Liam nodded as he smiled wiping away his tears and took out the ring from the box.

He looked into Zayn's hazel eyes and spoke, "I promise you to always be by your side, to always be your pillar, to always love you more and more as each day of our lives goes by. I promise that I'll always be

But the moment he was going to slide the ring into Zayn's ring finger, he felt his boyfriend's hand slip down from his hold.

He frowned and looked up but was shocked to see Zayn getting dizzy, breathing heavily as if he was struggling to even take a breath. The dark haired man slumped on him suddenly, losing his consciousness. Liam struggled to hold him and sat on his knees with his boyfriend unconscious in his arms.

The ring had slipped through his fingers and long forgotten on the ground.

Before he could shout for Zayn's parents as he knew they could hear them as the house was just a few metres away, he saw them and surprisingly his parents and friends running towards them from the Malik household.

They pulled Zayn away from him and took him to their car all the while Liam sobbed in his mother's arms. His mind had gone blank when Zayn fainted in front of him, this has never happened before.

"It's alright dear, he'll be fine. Don't cry now Liam, please son it hurts to see you like this", His mum said as she guided them towards their own car. His father was sitting on the driver's seat and started the car when they both settled in the back.

"He'll be fine right. M-maybe he didn't eat anything since morning, you k-know he forgets to take care of himself when he does any work. Y-yeah he must've forgotten to have his dinner, stupid Zayn doesn't remember anything, he needs me for everything. I'm not f-forgiving him for this, I-"

"Liam, please calm down. We're going to the hospital right? We'll know everything then"

He nodded in understanding but he himself knew what a turmoil was going on in his heart.

Zayn is fine. He has to be.

-------

"I told you Mrs Malik you have to take extra care of him now. This is the second time this is happening"

These were the words he heard the moment he stepped into the corridor where Zayn was admitted in a private room.

"What happened to him?" He rushed quickly and asked his concern.

"Zayn will remain under observation from now on. His condition is worse than before. I won't lie and give false hopes to you all. But I can only say he'll have a month or two to live"

The doctor ignored Liam's question but the boy did get his answer.

His Zayn was dying. The reason he still doesn't know.

"Mrs Malik what is happening? What is the doctor saying? Why is she saying that Zayn will die? Please tell me it's all a misunderstanding. Please tell me my Zayn is perfectly fine. Please!"

His mum took him in a warm embrace. His heartwrenching cries echoed in the entire corridor. Everyone there had a look of sympathy on their faces, their eyes also held a sadness because of the inevitable truth.

Liam was just trying to convince himself that it's all a dream and when he'll wake up he'll be in the arms of his love. Then Zayn will treat him with their sweet morning kisses and subtly go back to his home through Liam's window without anyone noticing.

"Zayn has lung cancer Liam. And it's pretty bad now, the doctors have long ago told us not to keep any hopes. I'm really sorry that you got to know about this in this way. My son didn't want you to know, he always said the time isn't right. I guess the time ran out too soon"

Liam wiped his tears and looked at Mrs Malik, "How long have you all known this?"

"Five months back. He suddenly had trouble breathing when he was at the garage. We all thought he had an asthma attack, but the reports said something else. He is at stage four now, that's why no operation could be done in his case"

Now Liam got the chance to see how tired the lady was. Her pale face, dark circles under her eyes. Zayn's father was no different. They all had been suffering for so long but Liam was kept in the dark.

But he couldn't complain to them. It was Zayn's decision to hide such a big thing from him. And he tried to muster that anger towards his boyfriend, but he simply couldn't. All he wants now is to be with him for the rest of the time they have with each other.

"The doctor advised for chemo, but he refused. He said if he's dying then he doesn't want a painful death. He wanted to enjoy whatever time he was left with in happiness. But after a lot of convincing from our side he agreed for radiotherapy. It didn't have much side effects but he started to get tired too often. He stopped helping at the garage and was with you most of the times"

Liam recalled the past months. Zayn did spend time with him but always was lost in some thoughts. Even on the nights they didn't have sex, his boyfriend would simply hold him close as if Liam can disappear at any moment.

Everything started to make sense now. But the truth hurt him like hell.

He didn't ask anything further. He couldn't actually, it was as if he was drained, physically, mentally and emotionally. He just kept hugging his mom, his father was also beside him. He was glad nobody talked to him, cause he needed some time to gather his thoughts.

After almost an hour, the doctor informed them that Zayn was awake and they'll be able to meet him.

Of course the Malik family went in first. Zayn's parents, followed by his two younger sisters. Then surprisingly his own parents went in. That was the time he realised his parents were already in the Malik household when Zayn gave Liam that surprise.

He then understood Zayn must have himself revealed about their relationship to them. His heart skipped a beat just thinking about how much courage it must have taken from Zayn's side to talk to his father about them. Zayn, who was always scared of senior Payne had told him about his relationship with Liam, his precious son.

He had stopped crying a while back but still that stubborn tear slipped past his closed eyelids.

Zayn was truly brave, in all senses.

His love was fighting alone for his life. He never let Liam know about a single thing and he courageously went through everything. But now that Liam is in terms with the reality, he'll not leave Zayn alone. This was now his fight also.

His friends went in after his own parents came out of the room. His dad sat next to him and held his hand, "He's a strong one Liam. And I would've appreciated if you both would have come to me. You know I love you son, and there would be nothing in the world that I can deny you of"

Liam stared at him blankly but his father continued, "Be his pillar, show him that it's not the end. You both can still create beautiful memories so you can treasure what you both had. Now it's time for you to be brave just like him"

Louis and Harry came out of the room, the latter was a crying mess and even though Liam wanted to console his best friend, he couldn't. He sat there like a statue still holding onto his dad's hands.

"He wants to see you" Mrs Malik softly told him and everyone went out of the corridor.

With trembling hands Liam opened the door. Zayn was on the bed, with a tube going inside his nostrils, some iv was connected to his arms. But even though he looked so tired, his eyes sparkled when he saw Liam.

"Won't you say anything?"

Liam closed the door and took small steps towards him. He sat on the stool next to the bed and met his love's hazel eyes.

"Will anything change if I say something?"

"I'm content with hearing your voice. Your silence is what kills me, not this disease"

There was again a comfortable silence between them. Liam gently held his hand and kissed it. A tear dropped from his eyes on Zayn's hand.

There were so many things they both wanted to say to each other. But they simply chose to be silent at this point. Being in each other's presence was enough for now.

"Will you promise me something?"

Liam helplessly looked at his love, "Can we not talk about the future promises right now. Please let me live in this present peacefully. I just want to be with you at this moment Zayn"

Zayn gave him a sad smile, his own heart was piercing inside as he said those words, "I don't want you to forget me ever, Jaan. Even if you find someone in your life, do remember me as your first love. If your children see my picture in one of your old photo albums, do tell them about me. I want myself to be your good memory, not a sad one. Will you do that for me?"

Liam finally burst into tears and cried loudly. He kept his forehead on Zayn's arms and wailed like a child. Whereas Zayn simply tried to console him by carding his fingers through his brown locks.

"Promise me Jaan. You'll never cry thinking about me, you'll move on when you think the time is right. You'll not set yourself back just because I'm not there and you'll achieve all your dreams and aspirations"

Liam looked up at him with teary eyes, "How can you ask me all this Zayn. Do you think it will be easy for me? How can I live without you baby? You call me jaan but in reality you are my life, you are the very oxygen I need to survive. You are my support system, how will I carry on if you're not there?"

"Time doesn't wait for anyone Jaan. Same as life. Your destiny, your life is in your own hands. No one but you can stop anything that's happening in your life. My only request is that you won't stop living just because I'll be gone"

Zayn signed him to join him on the bed and Liam was too weak to protest. He took off his shoes and climbed on the bed beside Zayn. The dark haired man kissed his forehead while Liam shut his eyes, his heart again feeling an ache he couldn't put into words.

The fear of what will happen in the future gripped his soul. But at that moment he decided to be brave like his boyfriend. If Zayn is strong enough to fight against this disease then Liam can at least try to stand by him.

"We can fight this Zayn. I know we will"

----------

Three months later

"Zayn, you have to eat these fruits. Mama had sent these in the morning and you still didn't touch one", Liam said as soon as he entered the private room. Zayn's mom had brought breakfast and other stuff for him in the morning before Liam left for college.

Zayn gave him a sheepish smile, "You weren't here to feed me"

Liam rolled his eyes but took the tiffin box which was full of Zayn's favourite fruits and sat on the chair next to his boyfriend's bed. He held the fork with the cut fruits in front of the hazel eyed boy.

"What will you even do without me?"

"Nobody stops because of someone's absence Jaan. You need to also learn to live without me"

And just like that Liam's beautiful smile dropped.

The stubborn boy had at last agreed for chemo and sadly the side effects were visible. Liam himself had helped him shave off his hair.

He had tried to joke around saying that he's not handsome anymore and Liam should look for a new boyfriend. The reaction the brown haired boy had given was the opposite of what he had expected.

Liam didn't say anything to him and his silence had extended to almost a week. The brown eyed boy would only talk to him when necessary. Zayn felt guilty for saying that even though he didn't actually mean it. He apologized every day and finally after that week Liam forgave him, not without giving him a warning not to repeat such a thing.

Other than that, the couple was still going strong. Liam was with him after his classes, he would do all of his work from the hospital itself. There was a bed for him in the room Zayn was in. The Maliks visited their son every day and Liam's parents also came to meet him every two days.

Both the families had gotten close to each other and Liam would have been so happy if the situation that made them closer was something else.

Louis had finally told Liam that he knew about Zayn's condition. He being a good friend had hidden the information from Liam because Zayn had asked him to. The brown eyed boy had then realised why Harry assumed Louis was being too shady at that time.

Harry felt like a fool to assume things. He couldn't even meet Zayn's eyes whenever he came to visit him. Even though Liam and Harry were closer, it didn't mean that he wasn't good friends with Zayn.

It took some time for Harry to be himself again around Zayn. He apologized to the hazel eyed boy but Zayn simply shrugged it off, joking that Louis and him would make a terrible couple even if they got together.

Everything was going well, but not Zayn's health. His recent reports indicated nothing was improving. The cancer in his lungs was spreading and no amount of medication or chemo was helping.

Zayn had long ago come in terms to what his end would be. And now he has to make his boyfriend understand the same.

"Just eat your fruits Zayn. I don't want to talk further"

This is what Liam did for the past three months. He ran away from the reality. He thought that if he doesn't talk about what's to happen, it won't hurt him. But how utterly wrong he was. He himself knows he's a coward who doesn't have the guts to accept the truth.

"You know what my biggest fear was while I was young?"

Liam shook his head and continued feeding his boyfriend.

"That I'll have to live away from my parents when I'll grow up. I didn't like the fact that my cousins moved out of their home during their college years and my aunts and uncles had to stay alone. I had promised mama that I won't be like them, that nobody and nothing in my life would be that important that I have to move away from them. But how wrong I was, because then you entered my life"

Liam bit his lips and blinked back the tears that had welled up in his brown orbs.

"You became such an important part of my life in no time and before I could even realise anything, I just fell for you. Every day spent with you has been etched in my mind and those memories can never be forgotten. For you I was ready to move out of my home, for you I could do anything. But I'm so sorry I couldn't control my addiction that led to this"

Zayn's thumb brushed his cheek and Liam realised he had started crying.

"Even when you told me countless times when we started dating to stop smoking, I didn't listen. I'm so fucking sorry Jaan, because of me and my habit, we can't live a lifetime together. I know no matter how many times I say this, but death doesn't scare me as much as the thought of staying away from you does"

"N-nothing will happen Zayn. Y-you will be back to yourself soon, I believe in you, I know how strong you are. We will overcome this"

Zayn shook his head, "Future is an uncertainty for me Jaan. But yours is not. And sadly there's no place for me there except in your memories"

"You're cruel Zayn. Everyday I'm hoping for a better tomorrow and here you are crushing all my hopes with your words"

A sad smile formed on Zayn's chapped lips, "My only prayer nowadays is that I wake up the next morning, because I want to see your face every time I open my eyes. You may think I don't fear death, I do Jaan. It fucking haunts me to even think about parting from you. But nothing is in my hands now. I'm suffering because of my mistake and I gotta pay for it"

A silence surrounded them as both were lost in their own thoughts.

"Can you hold me Jaan?"

Liam wordlessly got on the bed and hugged his boyfriend. Zayn like a little child held onto him, and Liam was nowhere letting him go.

"You won't forget me right?"

The brown eyed boy bent his head down and kissed him. Zayn could taste the usual taste of strawberry lipbalm Liam puts.

"Never"

----------------

Ten years later

"Luke come down fast, we're going to be late!"

Liam yelled at his four year old son who was having some trouble while tying his shoelaces.

"Honey, I'll go get him. His tiffin is ready right?" His husband came behind him and asked.

Liam looked at his husband with a pout, "I woke up early in the morning to prepare everything for his picnic and look at him troubling me so much, David"

David chuckled and gave him a soft kiss on his pouty lips, "He's just four babe, he doesn't understand all of this"

Liam was about to say something when they heard their son calling for his dad.

"Come on Dad, your naughty son is calling you"

"What to do I'm his favourite"

He got hit by the spatula that was in Liam's hands and quickly sprinted away. Liam smiled as he saw his husband's retreating back.

So much has changed in all these years since Zayn's death.

It shouldn't have hit him so much cause he knew the impending future but it was unbearable for him to wake up one morning and not see Zayn's beautiful hazel eyes, which were awaiting for him every morning when he woke up.

It happened two days after their conversation when Zayn had asked him to hold him all night. It was as if Zayn knew what was to come.

The initial shock had still not subsided when the day came for the funeral. Liam was just physically there, because his heart and soul were crying out for a miracle to happen. He didn't and couldn't accept the fact that his boyfriend was no more.

The days that followed were not easy for everyone. For all had a little glimmer of hope that Zayn would have recovered. But the sad reality had hit everyone. Mrs Malik had gone awfully quite for over a week, Mr Malik indulged himself into his work, Zayn's sisters were the only ones who were actually holding the family together.

Louis and Harry had become residents of Liam's house. Their initial plan was to shift to an apartment near college after their first year, but given the situation Liam's family decided it was better for him to be with them.

Liam started to behave weirdly, he'll wake up at night and listen to the playlist him and Zayn made, all night; he stopped eating anything his mum offered. He'll simply say he's not hungry, or make any other excuses. He developed a fear of hospitals, he started to panic even if he had to take a medicine for a fever.

His health was deteriorating day by day and his parents were concerned as well. That's when they asked Mr and Mrs Malik to talk to him. The three of them sat together and finally let out what they were feeling about everything that has happened since Zayn's death.

It was like a closure for all of them and they promised each other that they'll try to get past this phase just for Zayn.

A new chapter started from there.

That's when Louis and Harry stepped up to help Liam. They refused to leave him alone even though the boy told them that he could handle himself, which was a blatant lie. He really needed someone.

But Liam genuinely appreciated his friends' efforts to be with him, to not let him feel the absence of his love. Because of them and his family, and yes, his family included Zayn's family as well, he was able to come out of his depression.

During his final year he decided to move out of his home. It was a difficult decision but he knew it had to be done. Him and his friends got an apartment near their college as planned.

It was a different experience, doing everything on your own, being away from his parents was difficult at first but with time the three got used to it.

After graduation he started working in an MNC, he didn't actually like it but for a living he stuck to it. He actually wanted to pursue masters and even had dreamt of doing PhD. But his parents were already retired and he was the only financial support to them.

It was around his second year working in that company when he met David. The guy was his junior and super annoying. His failed attempts to flirt irritated Liam to such an extent that once he deliberately made some changes in a document submitted by David and as a result the guy was almost close to getting fired although he got suspended for a week.

Liam felt extremely bad for his behaviour and accepted his mistake. David had simply forgiven him with a smile. Since Zayn, there has not been a person whose smile or presence affected him. The whole week David was not coming to the office, Liam was restless.

It was as if he needed the guy to get him through the hectic day with his stupid jokes and that silly smile.

After that incident they started to get closer. At first Liam felt guilty for thinking about any guy other than Zayn, but his love had made him promise that he will move on when the time comes.

The friendship became much more as time passed. It blossomed into a relationship, but it did take almost two years for Liam to actually accept his feelings. It wasn't easy for him in any way. Anything David did for him, he would compare him with Zayn. And David never questioned him about his hesitancy towards their relationship.

But one day Liam finally decided to tell him about his past. David was so supportive that he told Liam to take as much time he wants to figure things out. That was the day Liam decided that being with David was his right choice.

They soon got married and adopted two year old Luke. Since then they are a happy family. Both of their families had were happy especially Liam's parents. After Zayn they never imagined Liam to move on, but when they saw the changes in him after David entered his life.

Even Zayn's family was happy knowing about them. Liam asked for their blessings before getting married and Zayn's parents happily blessed the couple.

He still can't believe how his life has changed and how far he has come. He had always imagined a future with Zayn when he was young and even after his death he never thought he could be where he is today.

But after everything that has happened he has still not forgotten his first love. On Zayn's anniversary he takes his family to the cemetery. Luke calls him Baba as Mr Malik had taught him and neither David nor Liam himself corrected him. Zayn holds that much importance in his life and he's happy that his husband respects that.

"Dad! Papa tied my shoelace so fast"

He came out of his thoughts when he heard his son's sweet voice.

"When will my champ learn this?", He argued knowing well that his son will remain dependent on them as long as they spoil him. Especially his papa.

"Hey, why would he do anything as long as his papa is here, right Kiddo?"
Obviously David will take their little one's side.

"Alright I'm the bad one as always"

Soon two little arms were around his legs, Liam looked down to meet his son's puppy eyes, "But my Dad is the besshht"

Liam took his son in his arms and kissed his chubby cheeks, "And my champ is the best as well"

David hugged both of them from behind, "Now are you ready for your first day at school?"

Luke pouted, "Noooo"

"Luke", Liam drawled out in a warning. Last night they managed to convince him after the boy threw a tantrum of not going to school. He didn't want a repeat of what happened yesterday.

"You know I heard Mary is also joining today. So if Luke doesn't go to school he won't be able to play with her", David said aloud knowing about the little crush of his son.

"Why didn't Papa tell me this before?! Dad leave me, I wanna go meet her", Luke wriggled out of Liam's arms and went to take his bag, forgetting everything.

"Won't Dad get a kiss before my Lukie goes?", Liam pouted but then a smile spread on his lips when he saw his son running towards him and kissed his cheek.

David also gave him a short peck before taking the car keys and going out of their home with little Luke in his arms.

Liam sighed and looked around the quiet house. He cleaned the kitchen quickly and then went to change. On his way upstairs his eyes fell on all the frames hung on the wall.

Pictures from their marriage, Luke's baby photos, every important moment of their life was there. The last photo was of him and Zayn. He took it in his hands and cleaned the little dust that was on it.

"I kept your promise Zayn. I did move on but I didn't forget you. I still love you, maybe not as much as before but I still do, Jaan"

He placed it back to its place and went into his room to get on with his day.

End

Hey guys!!!
It's been so long and I think most of you would have forgotten about this book only, and I completely understand that.

I had this story in my mind when I myself was going through a low phase of my life and I put that into my writing, I know I usually write happy endings but life is not always fair to everyone. So yeah I tried to write something different and I hope you all liked it too..

Talking about my other book, "There you are", I have no idea when I'll start writing again because I'm actually really busy nowadays but if I decide to continue or discontinue the book I'll surely inform you..

Till then see you guys in the next update!!

And I know it's really late for this but still, 

Happy New Year to all my lovely readers!!

Have a good day/night..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 702 12
Oneshots. Irregular updates. No smut. May contain mpreg.
9.6K 209 72
Killdip, Billdip, Willdip oneshots! I'll take suggestions and I will do smuts.
246K 4.3K 44
❒ π†π†π”πŠπ“π€π„ ΛšβΈ™ΝŽΫͺ۫⋆ δΈ€ a bunch of kookv oneshots that contains angst, smut, and fluff. random ideas i ever think of but doesn't have any potential...
126K 4.5K 58
Read to find out I'm too lazy to write a description. lots of fluff lots of smut #1 in minyoongi #1 in yoonkook #1 bottomyoongi #5 minsuga