VAMPIRE AND THE MODEST VIOLET

By ShehnaazSidhartha

"You are not someone I just met . you're someone I have been waiting for my entire life . why should I waste... More

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7
PART 8
PART 9
PART 10
PART 11
PART 12
PART 13
PART 15
PART 16
PART 17
PART 18
PART 19
PART 20
PART 21
PART 22
PART 23
PART 24
PART 25
PART 26

PART 14

371 57 0
By ShehnaazSidhartha

SIDHARTH************

"Ashes to ashes , dust to dust " The priest chanted as the earth was poured over the dead men's coffins that had been lowered into the grave.

When I first became the Mafia boss, my one wish was to protect my family and never recount the death of any and because of that , I became the softest the Mafia boss in town who tried to seek for peace with others but where has that led to?

Nowhere in particular!

I ran my hand through my hair, closed my eyes for a while, imagining the breeze would blow away this anger and frustration that was building up in me like a storm. I stepped away from everyone to stay under a tree and it was until I got there i didn't noticed Mohit was with me.

"Were you able to talk to their families?" I asked him.

"I did. The first driver's father is a Muslim and he was hesitant about burying him the Christian. I think he is not here because of that and the second family is over there " He pointed to a particular woman and her two kids.

The little ones were crying and I couldn't forgive myself.

"I'll talk to them after we are done here. Any police issue in sight?"

"For now none, boss" Mohit replied and I nodded.

The funeral service ended and the little crowd began to disperse little by little. I was about to walk up to our family priest to thank him for conducting such an impromptu service when a hand on my shoulder stopped me.

When I turned, It was Dimitri.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Anger clouded my senses aa soon as I saw him. He was not supposed to be here .

"I came to offer my condolences" Dimitri said.

"You should. After you successfully killed them" I told him.

"I don't kill your family men, Kushal and you know this . They've got kids" I was already walking away but immediately I heard those words, I turned.

"Should we talk about the man you killed in the west inland mall a year ago. He was married and he had three kids, a wife , a side chick and even parents or should we make it a recent event and talk about the man you also stabbed at the neck at the bar two months ago , he was a father of seven kids. So , take your mother-f*cking pathetic soul and go find yourself some stupid things to do " I spat at him.

"I didn't do it , Sidharth. I didn't kill your men" Dimitri said.

"Were you supposed to confess to it in the first instance?" I know either Vikrant or you did that shit and if I find the asshole who killed my men , I'll make sure you teenagers regret every of your actions "

I threatened and walked away from him. After talking to the priest, he volunteered to go with me to the victims' home to see their parents and offer out deepest condolences.

We were able to talk to the first family we visited, the man whose wife and kids came for their burial. I gave her some cash even though I knew it wasn't enough to replace her dead husband but  I just wanted to do something for the family. I couldn't promised her a top position in my company but it would be like putting the small kids at risk of possibly losing their mother as well someday.

The second family was difficult to reach through. The father was stubborn, insisting I'd killed his son. Since I was his employer, I was supposed to protect him. Even though he had said it because of his state of mind , he was still right. I never for once thought about my people needing security. I collected the father's number and promised to stay in touch .

Instead of going back home, I asked Mohit to take us to a restaurant, any restaurant. If I go home , I might end up being an asshole to Shehnaaz and hurting her is the last thing I want to do.

"I heard you failed", Sanjay , my former boss's son , mocked as he walked into the VIP section of the restaurant where I was relaxing.

"Who told you I was here?" I asked, effortlessly.

"Your men , they have the same obligation to answer my question as much as they do your", Sanjay said .

"Whatever Sanjay ", I clicked my tongue.

"I don't know why my future made you the boss when I would have controlled things perfectly. I still don't get what he saw in a coward like you ", he took a bite from the food that was in front of me.

"To you, I might be a coward and a pathetic fool but at least, I was nat a useless sonto my father", I gritted my teeth.

He banged his hand hard on the table while looking murderously.

"Don't you......." I dragged the chair I was sitting on a backward as I stood up abruptly.

"I won't waste my time by sitting here and talking to a dimwit like you"

I turned the knob of the door, opened it and walked out feelings better than earlier. I could hear plates being broken as I walked out.

A grown-ass man throwing a tantrum.

I got into the car and relaxed my head a little. The day's events were emotionally draining and I don't think I'll survive another.

"I think you should see this Boss", Mohit announced from the front seat of the car.

"What's that?" He passed his iPad to me.

I collected it and the next thing I saw was Shehnaaz on the screen, it was a police record profile of a missing person. She had been reported Missing by two people just on the same day.

"Where did you get this ?" I asked.

"It was announced on TV and I asked a police friend to send me the full details" Mohit replied.

I gave him back the iPad and rubbed my face with my hand. I was going through an internal turmoil of either letting her go or not .

I've waited all my life for my MATE. I'd searched for her after I saw her in my dreams to no avail and now that she is right beside me, I don't think I'll survive letting her go.

A missing person was announced on TV this afternoon and a lot of people saw you here this morning, So before a bunch of stupid police officers come running through my door to arrest me for kidnapping and probably rape and every other unthinkable crime, I think I deserve to know what happened before I decide if I should let you return home or take you to the police station myself".

I didn't mean to but I ended up yelling at her. The thoughts of letting her go back home drove me mad. It made me lose control of myself.

I could feel fangs coming out. I swallowed hard before I lost control.

"I'm sorry " She apologized.

"I don't want your apolo....." I stopped once I noticed the tears".

"Why the heck are you crying?"

Hurriedly I moved closer to her. My hands were shaking as I was scared that I'd hurt her. I held her face in my hand and kissed her forehead before I kissed both her cheeks. I wanted to kiss her lips so badly but I hesitated, knowing she might not like the Idea.

It's ok if you don't want to talk about it now. I understand it might be hard for you to do but promise me that you'll tell me someday " I assured her.

"I promise Sidharth. Please don't get mad at me like that again. I don't know why but my heart stopped beating at that moment and it felt so heavy and I felt suffocated "

Shit!

             "The soulmate bond"

I was so stupid to not realize that her emotions will get messed up if I get angry. Since she unknowingly sealed the mate bond, I knew things wouldn't stay the same. I might have control over both of our emotions but she's a newborn vampire, control isn't her best fort.

"I'm sorry I did that to you. I'm so sorry baby , I should have known that would happen. It's the soulmate bond" I kissed her hair and pulled her closer into my body.

"The what?" She asked.

"Don't worry about it Love. What do you want to do? Tell me .

"I want to go back home " She said.

I wasn't taken aback by her response. In fact, I was expecting it. I knew that's what she would ask for and I don't think I should keep denying her of her wants. If  I want her to trust me, then I should learn to trust her as well.

"Just for two days , Shehnaaz. You'll return after two days ".

Taking me by surprise this time she wrapped her hands around my torso and hugged me tightly.

" Thank you "

I kissed her hair and held her close.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 20.6K 53
AT MY WORST! . Shehnaaz screamed and says, I am only in my bra goddamnit. Now just leave from here! Siddharth's cheeks turned red in embarrassment...
161K 20.6K 55
Shanaya- sidharth i love you... Sid- i m sorry shanaya... pr m tumse pyaar nhi krta... Shanaya- kyu?? Sid- kyuki... kyuki.... m kisi or se pyaar krta...
479K 32K 45
Inseparable are those who share their souls together. Sidharth who was living his life in darkness. He was rude, aggressive, arrogant, short tempered...
290K 18.1K 86
I'm going to write for the very first time....I don't know what I'm writing is upto the justice Mark or not but I tried ....as I had read many fictio...