pens, paper, and a volleyball...

By fallenposters

"Make it about something interesting." "I dont know, I find you pretty interesting." Every good story starts... More

Before we begin
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Annoncement?? (Temp)

41

80 5 1
By fallenposters

"I'm bummed Naka couldn't be here." Hinata sighed as we got into the bus. Since Suzuki wasn't here I got to sit next to him.

"Oh yeah, Rin was saying they have that meeting thing...what was it again?" Asahi said, overhearing him.

"Some big news station came down and wanted to talk to all the high school clubs about internships and stuff. I think she said they usually meet with a small group before the official presentation, which is the next day." Suga added.

Hm, I remember she mentioned that earlier to me but I didn't think it would be today.

"What news station?" Yachi asked.

"Suzuki told me it's with that international one, RNM. It's a new program they just recently started doing all around the world to get some better representation of 'the future generation' or something." I shrugged.

"Kageyama, what do you mean by future generation?" Yachi asked again.

"Those were her words, not mine. But it's basically the kids in school right now." I explained.

"But she said she wouldn't make it till maybe the last set! That's like the entire game...what if she's late!" Hinata panicked.

I hit him in the head. "Stop thinking like that."

You saying it out loud is making me nervous and I don't need that right now.

"I think I could forgive her for missing a game if it's that big of a company." Coach Ukai laughed.

"Besides, she would tell you three to stop worrying and focus on the game ahead." Daichi pointed at Hinata, Yachi, and I.

"I'm not worried." I shook my head as the other two agreed.

"Yes you are." Hinata said next to me. I darted my eyes at him.

I will hit you...again.

"Orderly fashion! If we're going to get to this game we have to move swiftly and accordingly!" Rin directed us to her car as she offered to drive everyone there. Luckily it was a small group of us. Two third years, a second year, and a first year. Rin, Madere, Yorashi, and I.

"Clappers?"
"Check."
"Those headbands my brother and his team gave me?"
"Check."
"My bag of all the stuff I usually bring?"
"Check."
"All the other stuff you guys brought?"
"Check." Yorashi and I went down the checklist I had of stuff we were going to bring.

"Souvenirs?" I asked.

"We need souvenirs? From where?!" He asked, panicking that we forgot something.

"We just had brunch with RNM. We were supposed to take as much free stuff as possible." I explained.

"Right! I wanted those mugs." he remembered.

"Uh, where is Madere?" Rin asked us.

"I'm here!" We heard her running up holding all of the complementary items. "You guys forgot some things!" From an outside perspective I wouldn't be surprised if someone were to have thought we were stealing.

"Check." Yorashi nodded.

"Hurry up and put them in my trunk. We haven't seen Asahi play in years." Rin complained.

"It was actually just last year, calm down." Madere said, closing the trunk.

We all hopped in and drove off. For the brunch we had to come in our best uniforms to represent our school. The other three would have to wear theirs anyways since the student section has everyone in uniforms already. But I'm not used to going to a game in a skirt, I'm always in joggers and a Kurasuno jacket.

We got to the gym and hurried inside.

"Where do we go?!" Madere exclaimed looking around.

"Follow the signs?" Yorashi assumed.

"Just follow me!" I pointed them in the right direction.

"Go, go, go! I don't want to miss a second." Rin chanted.

I'm glad they're as excited as I am, I didn't want to come off as annoying.

We finally got to the section and the four of us ran through the doors. The three of them went up to find their seats.

"Naka!" The four who usually stand along the side with me cheered, but I heard my brother, Ena, and Ko say my name. I didn't even know where to look first. I did notice a different person standing with them.

"Hello, hello," I waved up at them before tossing my stuff to an empty seat and going up to stand with the usual four and the extra one. "How much did I miss?" I asked as I replaced the blazer I was wearing with my manager jacket.

"Not much, its just now starting." Shimada told me.

"Perfect." I said as I heard the undeniably catchy Shiratorizawa chant.

"Are you forgetting something?" I heard someone behind me ask. Yuki was holding up the headband I threw down with my stuff and forgot. "I gave it to you this morning."

"Thanks." I smiled as he stood next to us.

I tied it in my hair and peered over the edge at the team. "No matter what happens! Keep fighting!" I shouted to them letting them know I made it.

They all turned their heads up. Some were surprised I made it, others looked satisfied they predicted my slight ruze. I'm mainly talking about Hinata and Tsukki. I made eye contact with Kageyama first who returned the smile I was giving him.

I love that smile.

"Aww your boyfriend smiled at you." Yuki made puppy dog eyes at me.

"Go sit back down somewhere." I rolled my eyes.

"Boyfriend? Who's boyfriend?" Saeko asked, not following along.

"Who's he?" I asked, referring to the other new blond at the end.

"I'm Akiteru, Tsukkishima Kei's older brother." He answered.

I looked at him then looked back down at the tall blond in the court. I could see a slight resemblance but I could already tell they are very different.

"Oh shit. You were on the volleyball team weren't you?" Saeko pointed at my brother.

"Yeah, heh." He chuckled. "I was in the grade below you."

"Ah. I saw the tiny giant dude so even after he left I would check up on the team." She began to explain.

"Wait, you missed the introductions." Yachi realized.

"Please, after the amount of research I've done on these guys, I know this team like the back of my hand." I admitted. "Like how U-"

As those words left my mouth the entire gym grew silent. The whistle blew as Daichi went up for the serve. He got it over the net and they received it. They got ready to send it to Ushijima.

"Like how Ushijima is left handed." I finished my thought as he spiked it down. It went directly to Noya but he wasn't able to get it back up. The first score of the game.

This'll be fun.

There may have been 5 sets, but the game was very fast paced. Shiratorizawa took the first set and it was already half way into the second set. Tsukishima had just scored a point because Shiritorizawa's libero and their wing spiker didn't know who was going to get the ball. I turned and saw Akiteru was clearly proud of him.

"The guys on this team are seriously throwing me off." Yuki shook his head.

"Honestly, me too." Saeko agreed.

"Like who?" I asked.

"Other than the guy who sticks out like a sore thumb? That show off kid. He's great but he keeps looking around for admiration, seems like a first year." My brother continued.

"He and that libero have to be first years, there's no way they aren't." Takinoue assumed.

"You mean Goshiki? Yeah he's a first year. I heard he loves showing off because he's trying to be ace one day. Yamagata is the libero you're thinking of, also a first year." I answered.

"How the hell did you hear that?" Yuki asked, questioning my knowledge.

"I knew he was a show off but I overheard what he was saying on the court. That and what that coach has been yelling." I shrugged.

"Speaking of which, their coach is terrifying." Shimada shook his head.

The other team started gaining some points but we pretty quickly caught up and got ahead of them, just what we need to win this set.

"What about that red headed fella? He seems like he has an interesting personality." Saeko asked.

"I like his personality." Yachi disagreed although I don't think Saeko meant that in a negative nor positive way. "I think his name is Tendo, right?" She looked up to ask me.

"Yeah, the 'guess monster.'" I nodded.

"That's what they call him? It makes sense, his blocks are killer." Shimada slowly nodded listening to me as he looked down on the boy.

"I don't think it's just guessing though. I think he's just really good at observing. He comes off as aloof but look at his reaction time." I looked down on the court.

Eventually the score came out to be 30-29. We just needed one more point and we took this set.

"You got this Daichi!" Yachi cheered as he went up for another serve. They received it easily and of course Ushijima runs up for the hit. I hold my breath and just hope someone gets the receive and all goes well, until Tsukishima shoots up and blocks him.

"TSUKISHIMA!!" Everyone yelled as the whole stadium went crazy. The only one who didn't yell was Akiteru. Instead he was staring down at his little brother who had been soaking up the moment with the most proud look on his face.

"Well talk about luck." Saeko sighed, relieved.

"That wasn't luck." Akiteru finally spoke up, "Knowing my brother, he's been luring in the setter the whole time. Just waiting for him to choke under pressure."

"Wow, he's been thinking of that the whole time?" Saeko asked.

We've been over this. These players may come off as a bit dumb here and there- or in Tsukki's position, a bit snarky, but they're extremely calculated when it comes to volleyball. Especially that one down there.

"Jeez this is intense, especially for something as simple as volleyball." Kono, sitting next to me said.

"Yeah I mean this determines if they get to the finals or not. Being the underdogs and making it this far, and doing this well? It's going to be intense." I laughed a bit.

"Yeah but I'm just not used to this energy." He admitted.

"Ko, you do soccer. The most impressive thing about you is your stamina, you can handle this energy." I shook my head.

"...What do you mean the most impressive thing about me?!" He clutched his hand over his chest, only taking what I said in offense.

We kept watching down at the court, waiting for the third set to start until I saw him move his gaze upwards to the stands.

"Hey Ena..." he hesitated.

"Yeah?"

"Is that who I think it is?" He asked me, pointing forward. I followed the direction of his hand and saw both Tooru and Iwaizumi in the stands.

"Yep, that's them." I nodded confirming his assumption.

"Should we talk to them?" He asked.

"And try to get around the VP? Good luck with that. I'm on his good side right now, I'm not messing that up." I laughed and shook my head.

"Then we'll just tell Suzu." He shrugged.

We then proceeded to try and get her attention by calling her. She was so focused that Yachi had to tap her shoulder to get her attention. When she turned around she raised her eyebrow.

We both pointed in the direction of the two Seijoh players. She turned around at the stands and when she turned back to look at us the expression on her face told us she saw them.

"Do? We- go and- talk- 2- them?" Ko asked her doing a combination of whispering and mouthing while making hand motions to show her what we were saying.

"Why the hell are you doing that? Can't we just tell her?" I asked him.

"You don't want to get in trouble with the VP right? He can't hear we might leave." He explained.

Good point...I guess

She shrugged. She looked at us then at the VP. I knew she was thinking the same thing we were, although she probably could've left herself but she didn't.

"After!" She called out. We both have her a thumbs up. She took a second before realizing she had their numbers. "I'll text them!" She mouthed, following Kono's attempt at descreetness.

"Why did none of us think of that?" I sighed out loud.

Fourth set, 20-19. Shiratorizawa won the third.

"Ah damnit!" Shimada exclaimed.

"We just need to take the lead." Takinoue joined in.

We got another rally going. After I assumed their number 4, Reon Ohira, was going to hit another line shot, Kageyama was right there. He received it perfectly to Noya who set the ball. Asahi gets a back attack and we get the two point lead again.

We kept regaining that two point lead, as much as Shiritorizawa kept trying to tie it. They ended up calling a timeout to throw Kurasuno off.

"God, I mean I get why you guys stand up here the whole game but my legs are getting tired." Yuki complained.

"You're younger than those two," I pointed at Shimada and Takinoue, "I'm assuming you're younger than the other two," I then pointed at Saeko and Akiteru, "but you're complaining like an old man."

"Hey!" The four I pointed at said.

"No offense." I nodded before turning back to my brother. "If your so sore go sit with Ru since he doesn't like standing either."

"I would but I'll take any opportunity to poke fun at you...plus it's a better view." He admitted.

"Then get some stronger legs." I said.

"Or some younger ones." Yachi mumbled. It was her usual 'I don't have any muscle' self deprecation but she added making fun of my brother into it. I have never been prouder.

They get Yamaguchi on the line after timeout for another serve. It ends up being a netball that Shiritorizawa barely gets but manages to save but it gets passed right back to Ushijima. Sadly he got another point.

"Damnit, that Ushijima guy makes it look so easy!" Takinoue exclaimed.

"Yeah but, he's hit so many of those today, his legs must be dying. If we just wait a little longer, maybe he'll finally run out of steam." Akiteru suggested.

Honestly, I'm surprised at how many players have been playing like this for all the sets so far. I mean everyone is used to two or three but they already know it's going to be four or five.

Kageyama barely gets a good enough set over to Tsukishima but he still manages to hit it over. That was a lucky point.

As if on queue, I think they're finally starting to get tired. I hope he didn't chug his water already like he always does.

"Your boyfriend is slowing down." Yuki leans over to tell me.

"I realize that—but with the way you're talking, do you want us to win or not?" I asked side eyeing him.

"You all have very different sibling dynamics..." I heard Yachi mumble.

I always forget she's an only child.

"Huh?" Yuki asked her, clearly oblivious.

"The Tanakas both have high positive energy, the Taukkishimas have a one sided argument happening, and the Nakamauras look like they want to kill each other constantly." She explained, not removing her eyes from the court.

"Huh-?" I heard Akiteru hum, never hearing he and his brother being described as such.

"Shiritorizawa's subbing in their pinch server..." Shimada mumbled to himself.

Their pinch server makes a jump float like Yamaguchi would have done. Noya barely receives it and it got set to Asahi. He hits it off their block but they manage to get it back up.

"Damnit!" Takinoue and Shimada exclaimed.

They give it to Ushijima which everyone expects another powerful hit, but instead he pulls a feint. The team was so ready for impact it left the middle wide open. They get the point, tying up the score.

"They saw right through us. We left a giant hole, right in the middle." Shimada stated.

I didn't even think that gap would've hurt us that bad...

"Yeah that's true. But I was sure Kageyama could get to it." Takinoue added. "His exhaustion really might be getting to him."

That's exactly what I was expecting...it's times like these where I wish I could run up onto the court and tell them what we're seeing. Tell Ukai they need a break, make sure Tobio is alright and give him my water like always, give Kiyoko some well deserved and better companyno offense Taedeka.

Another float serve that we pick up smoothly. Kageyama sets it to Asahi one more time and we get a hit.

"Set point!" Yachi exclaimed. Her excitement quickly died down when Shiritorizawa gained another point. Another tie.

"Why now of all times?" Saeko asked what I assumed was the universe when she saw Ushijima walk up to serve.

He serves it right towards the net and falls to the front, somewhere we've been leaving open, underestimating his control over how much power he uses.

"Of course, he gives us a net ball at a time like
this!" Akiteru complained.

"Now they're at match point!" Yachi yelped.

"If they get another point now, we're done for." Saeko gasped.

He sends over another serve that Noya was able to pick up but it ends up being a chance ball. They set it again to number four but both Kageyama and Tsukishima jump to block it. They do, but concerningly they're both so tired and out of it that they collide with each other.

"At least they're ok." I let out a sigh of relief.

"YOU BETTER WORK YOUR ASS OFF KARASUNO!" Someone up in the stands yelled.

Who the hell was that??

I turned back to the court after looking at the random guy that yelled. I didn't know who he was, but I assumed our guys did because some of them seemed to be in a better mood.

Whatever works I guess.

Suga gets swapped in as a pinch server, still leaving Kageyama to the sets.

Hinata got a block off of them which luckily gave us set point. Kageyama, being up to serve, hits it to the front landing us a chance ball. Noya barely passed it back to him but he had to sprint to the front. It was too short for Hinata's quick but he hit it with his other hand. Scoring a point and we win that set.

"Yes!" I clenched my fist.

That kid went from only hitting it with his eyes closed to hitting it using either hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

redo By Spencer

Fanfiction

6.6K 285 11
Hinata takes a particularly hard spike to the face knocking him out. Being as oblivious as he is it takes a little time to realize that he is a girl...
139K 3.4K 43
| | 38 chapters and 1 epilogue and 4 a/n | | ⚠️You don't have to vote⚠️ every comment makes me happyπŸ€— and I read all of them and try to reply to the...
14.6K 448 40
Remember, there's always more after the end. Ever since you insisted on paying back a specific dark-haired boy for taking his milkshake (even though...
26.2K 775 71
(β„π”Όπ”Ύπ•Œπ•ƒπ”Έβ„ π•Œβ„™π”»π”Έπ•‹π”Όπ•Š 𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ𝕐 𝔽ℝ𝕀𝔻𝔸𝕐, 𝟜:πŸ›πŸ˜ ℙ𝕄 π”Ύπ•Šπ•‹) . . . "Her? Calm? Heh, she's an unpredictable firework." Keishin Ukai said w...