So What?

بواسطة Vortex207

Jasmine Prentice is a girl who has more problems than a math textbook. Her life is pretty eventful on it's ow... المزيد

Chapter 1: Backyard.
Chapter 2: Remember.
Chapter 3: Purple.
Chapter 4: Pole.
Chapter 5: Stitches.
Chapter 6: Pinch.
Chapter 7: White.
Chapter 8: Bus
Chapter 9: Mesh.
Chapter 10: Slope.
Chapter 11: Just Another Tuesday.
Chapter 12: Tap
Chapter 13: Switch.
Chapter 14: Shoes.
Chapter 15: Singer.
Chapter 16: Trying to laugh with smoke in my lungs.
Chapter 17: Go figure.
Chapter 18: Pipes.
Chapter 19: Presents
Chapter 20: Cold.
Chapter 21: Sunrise.
Chapter 22: Catch 22.
Chapter 23: Worried.
Chapter 24: Cocaine.
Chapter 25: Yellow.
Chapter 26: Puzzled.
Chapter 27: Favors.
Chapter 28: Reason.
Chapter 30: Captain America Action Figure.
Chapter 31: Sidewalk.
Chapter 32: Concrete.
Chapter 33: Family.
Chapter 34: Revenge
Chapter 35: Possibilities.
Chapter 36: Clout.
Chapter 37: Crown.
Chapter 38: Thick
Chapter 39: Blown.
40: Coup de grâce.
EPILOGUE

Chapter 29: Kylie Jenner.

46 1 0
بواسطة Vortex207

Chapter 29: Kylie Jenner.

"I'm not ready for the SATs." Chanel says, typing away on her phone as she sits beside me. We're seated on the bleachers, watching the football team practice.

"Neither am I. I'll probably cheat off Miles." I say, taking a potato chip out of the Lays bag.

"Speaking of Miles, how's that ship going?" She asks, placing her phone on her lap.

"There's no ship." I tell her, shrugging.

"There isn't? I figured you guys would have been all lovey-dovey by now." She says and I shake my head.

"If he has feelings for me, he has a weird way of showing it. And besides, I'm done with serious relationships. After what I went through with Aaron, I just need to focus on myself." I tell her and she nods.

"Absolutely. But you also need to get it in once in a while, you don't want cobwebs in little Jasmine now, do you?" She asks and I smack her arm as I chuckle.

"Shut up, Chanel." I say, laughing.

"I'm just saying." She says, lifting her hand in fake surrender.

"Do you think Cal Grundy has calf implants?" I ask her as I stare at our school quarterback sprint down the field.

"Oh, he definitely does. Those calves can't be real." She says, taking a chip from the bag.

"I knew it." I chirp.

Minutes later, I'm walking down the hall. P.E, which I skipped is almost over. I head to the girls' locker room and take a shower. Putting on a short gown, leather jacket, and fishnet stockings. I have Biology right now, so I walk to my class when I'm done. As I walk down the hallway, Mrs. Marren, the snobby Guidance Counselor stares at me.

"Not so fast, young lady." She says and I roll my eyes.

I don't need this shit.

"Is there a problem?" I ask her.

"What are you wearing?" Mrs. Marren asks me, looking appalled.

"A dress." I snap back.

"Well, where's the rest of it?" Mrs. Marren asks her as I feel her eyes on my thigh.

"I don't know what your problem with me is, but I have to get to class." I tell her before I start walking again.

"Young lady, get back here!!!" Mrs. Marren yells behind me. I flip her the finger as I make my way down the hall.

I sashay to my biology class and sit in my usual seat at the front. Miles walks in and sits beside me.

"I just heard Mrs. Marren cussing you out. What did you do to her?" He asks me, smiling.

"She has a problem with my dress. I'll probably get detention, but I don't care. I'm not changing." I tell him.

"You shouldn't. It looks good on you." He says and I blush. The teacher starts teaching and I pay attention. This is our last class before SATs and I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

Mrs. Marren barges into the classroom, fuming.

"Jasmine Prentice, come with me." She announces. I don't budge.

Mr. Clay, my Biology teacher, just stares at Mrs. Marren wondering what this is about.

"Are you deaf?" Mrs. Marren asks, standing in front of my seat.

"I'm taking notes, you're not transparent." I tell her.

"I'm giving you detention for two weeks straight if you don't stand up right now." She threatens.

"I didn't do anything, so you can't just waltz in her and think you can bully me into doing your bidding." I tell her,

"People like you is what is really wrong with America. You self-absorbed liberals." She says and I stare at her confused.

People like me?

Liberals?

"Look lady, you're interrupting a very important class right now and it'll be best if you just leave." I tell her.

"I'm not leaving this classroom without you, Miss Prentice." She says, folding her arms as she stares at me.

"Mrs. Marren, what's the issue here?" Mr. Clay asks her.

"She's dressed inappropriately and it's my duty to ensure that every student of this great institution is properly dressed." She tells him.

"Not parading the halls like a skank in a Playboy magazine." She says, looking at me, and gasps are heard around the room.

"Pfft, you're just jealous your saggy tits can't pull this outfit off." I quip and everyone laughs.

"Miss Prentice, I'm gonna need you to follow Mrs. Marren." Mr. Clay says and I smile at him.

"Just because you asked, Theodore." I tell him and I see his cheeks flush. Picking up my books from my desk, I sling my backpack over my shoulder and I walk past Mrs. Marren as I exit the class.

My little "stunt" as Mrs. Marren called it, earned me two weeks of detention like she promised. It sucks because I need that extra hour after school to study at home before I shake my ass for money at Christopher's club, but then I can just study in detention. There was nothing to do at home right now, so kicking it with a few misfits doesn't sound too bad.

The sound of a can of Coca-Cola being opened fills the detention room as I stare at the clock on the wall. I hear Christian chug the cold beverage beside me and I give him the side eye.

"Can you drink that any louder?" I ask him as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Someone's in a mood today." Christian says, chuckling.

"No talking." Mr. Aoki, the teacher in charge of detention today, says and I roll my eyes.

"Are you good?" Christian asks me. Although he was a total jokester, he had a serious side. He would want to help if something was wrong. After all, he's my best friend's brother.

"I'm fine. Just hungry." I tell him.

"I can share my pack of Doritos with you." He offers.

"It's fine. I want real food, not that gas station junk." I say.

"Suit yourself, princess." Christian tells me before he continues drinking his Coke.

I don't get any reading done, instead, I nap the entire time. Christian taps me and I wake up, wiping drool off the side of my mouth.

"You guys can leave now." Mr. Aoki says and I get up immediately. Grabbing my backpack from behind the chair before I walk out of the classroom.

As I walk down the empty school hall, I see a classroom with the door slightly ajar. Being nosy, I walk to the door and peep through the small opening. It's Aaron and some cheerleader. That girl is definitely not Aaliyah. He caresses her cheek before he kisses her. I take a quick photo before I keep walking down the hall. I text the photo to Aaliyah with the caption "Karma is a bitch."

Feeling like a million bucks, I walk to the bus stop.

***

"Do you think I'm too needy?" I ask Richard as he rubs my head.

"Not really, you seem perfectly fine to me." He says, stroking my cheek.

"We all have something we don't like about people. What's mine?" I ask him, resting on his torso as I look up at him.

"Well, you're really impulsive. You do things before you think." He points out.

"That's fair." I quip.

"And you fart in your sleep." He adds.

"I do not." I gasp, hitting his chest. He laughs out loud and his body shakes.

"You do." He says before he flips me over.

"You're mean." I tell him.

"You like mean." He says, smirking.

"That I do." I say before kissing him. We make out for a few seconds before a ringtone pulls us out of our little fairytale.

"Why does technology have to be our biggest enemy?" I complain.

"I'm sorry. I gotta get that." Richard tells me and I nod. He kisses my forehead before he pulls away and gets off the bed. He answers his phone and starts talking to the person on the other side. I grab my own phone from the nightstand and check my messages.

Mum: When are you coming home?

Aaron: I just got off the phone with Aaliyah. What did you tell her?

Not wanting to deal with them, I head to Instagram instead. Richard joins me on the bed shortly after.

"Who's that?" He asks me.

"Kylie Jenner." I answer as I stare at him. He still looks confused.

"Who?" He says, staring at me.

"Kylie Jenner. You know, billionaire business owner by day, influencer by night?" I point out and he shakes his head.

"Doesn't ring a bell." He tells me.

"Her sister, Kim Kardashian has a big fake badunkadunk." I tell him.

"Oh, Kylie Jenner. Why didn't you just lead with that?" He says and I chuckle.

"Because it's offensive." I tell him.

"To who?" He asks.

"Describing someone by their body parts is weird. Even for me." I say, locking my phone screen.

"It might be offensive, but it's the truth." He says, shrugging. I touch his freshly shaved beard and look in his eyes.

"Oh Richard, your boomer is showing." I tell him and he flips me over attacking my stomach with little tickles.

"Stop it." I squeal as I laugh uncontrollably.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

479 3 18
This is not your ordinary high school story. This is different. Its complicated at times, but easier to understand at other times. Jasmine moves to t...
38.6K 877 50
Family... Where life begins and love never ends, right? Well not for me, my life began somewhere else and where love ended. *** Meet Jasmine Rose...
107K 5.3K 14
Jasmine is a pretty girl with a caramel complexion, deep dimples, and long black hair. A beautiful personality along with her heritage of Indian and...
2.5K 108 13
Daddy Issues? CHECK, Mummy issues? CHECK, Low self-esteem? CHECK, Overthinking mind leading to insanity? CHECK Lizzy is your average teenager, not a...