Remember

By ThisIsMeAtThreeAM

This is about a black girl, her name is Y/N. She has photographic memory that she has to hide from the commun... More

I Remember The Day I Was Born
Jealousy
Early
Cupcake
Graduating📸
First Kills
Letter's
Gone
Group Chat💬
YouTube💬🎥
The Disrespect 💬
Expedition
Loss
Happier🎥
What Really Happened💬
Stories
To Rest🎥
EXPOSURE💬
Red Nail Polish💬
Surprise📸💬
There's A First For Everything🍋
Forgetful
Whose Taylor?
Emotional
Big Energy🍋
I'm Still Talking About Charcoal Nipples🎥💬
Brunch🍋🎥💬
A/N

Date

4 0 0
By ThisIsMeAtThreeAM

"I guess, Eren is stubborn." Armin looked directly at me and nodded, it looked more like a cry for help. 

I said, "Eren is the type to be on death row and still not apologize for eating Jean's rations or something." Eren said, "Because that punk doesn't deserve my apologies!" My laugh sounded like static. 

Mikasa said, "I guess that Armin likes the color blue." Armin blushed and said, "H-how'd you know that!?" I laughed, "You just give off blue vibes." 

Mikasa said, "Y/N you give off F/F color energy." I smiled and said, "I love that color a lot!" Connie said, "I guess that Mikasa has a shrine of some sort or something." 

I laughed my ass off, "What?!" Mikasa said in a monotone like always, "I do tend to obsess over things." 

I laughed harder. Sasha said, "I guess that Y/N, is always on her phone." 

I nodded, "I read a lot on my phone." 

Sasha fake coughed as she said, "Fan fiction." I laughed loudly, "Hell yeah!" 

Eren said, "I think Sasha is good at hunting." She nodded and said, "I used to hunt with my dad." 

She never usually talks about herself, then again neither do I. Maybe it's just as mundane as mine, or just as secretive.

Armin said, "I guess that Connie is outgoing." I said, "Oh come on, that's easy! I guess that Connie used to cosplay as Aang from The Avatar." 

The group laughed and so did I. Connie said, "Well..." The group laughed harder. 

Sasha said, "Oh my gosh! That's so funny!" Eren said, "I guess Armin is adventurous."

Armin smiled and said, "I have to be in the mood to leave the house first." I looked at him and said, "I felt that on a molecular level." Eren chuckled. 

Connie said, "I guess that Y/N is lowkey very goofy." I nodded and said, "Yeah actually!" Sasha said, "I can just imagine Y/N dancing like a weirdo in the middle of the street." 

I laughed, "I'm especially weird when I'm around my family." Armin said, "I guess that Y/N has a great memory." 

My face dropped a little and I said, "Y-yeah, I do." The table got a little silent. They were probably wondering why I got so quiet. Suddenly the bell rang, and everyone got up to go to bed. 

Ugh, why the hell did I have to ruin the vibes? 

I went to Instructor Shadis's office and knocked. He opened it and asked, "What are you doing here so late?!" I saluted, "I need to call my mom." 

He allowed me to walk inside. I dialed her number and the phone picked up after a couple rings. 

She said, "Hello?" 

"Hey, mom! I just wanted to check in on you!" 

She yelled, "HONEY COME TO THE PHONE IT'S Y/N!" I heard running and multiple thuds. My mom started cackling and said, "Hold on, your dad fell down the stairs." 

I heard the two of them laughing and my mom asking between laughs if he was okay. I started laughing too. My dad said excitedly, "Y/N! How's everything!?" 

I said, "Everything is going great! I'm graduating early." My mom said, "WHAT!? So, I GET TO SEE MY BABY SOONER!?" I said proudly and cockily, "Yup, it's because I'm top of the class." 

My mom slapped me from the phone, "Stay humble little nigga!" I laughed and said, "Mom?!" I continued, "Hey Mom I wanted to ask you something?" 

It got silent and she said, "Of course honey what's up?" I took in a deep breath, "How'd you know it was the right time to tell Dad about your memory?" 

She said, "Uhm when he would bombard me every day with questions and guesses on what my secret was." I laughed, "Yeah but, you have a lot of friends mom, you told them all about you so when can I tell my friends about me?" 

My mom got silent, I'm assuming she was thinking, "Uhm, not only did I give you a good memory, but I gave you woman's intuition. You'll know when you trust them." 

I said, "Okay, thank you for the help, Mom." 

My dad said, "It sounds like you're about to hang up, I love you!" I said, "I love you to dad, next time don't miss a step." I stifled a laugh as he said, "Oh whatever." 

My mom said, "I love you pumpkin, I'll talk to you soon." I said, "I love you too, bye." 

The phone hung up and I walked out of the private caller room. Shadis said, "Go to bed L/N." He patted my head and I walked out. 

He always treated me meanly, but I think it's because I'm the strongest. He's like my mean aunt that sees the best in me. 

I went to go shower and then back to my room and Annie asked, "Where were you?" 

"I was talking to my parents." 

I smiled and got under the covers. 

Annie said, "Good night." I replied, "Good night." Once I fell asleep, I had a dream, but it wasn't a normal one, I was turning into a titan... I woke up in a sweat and looked around weirded out. 

People can't turn into Titans, that would be so bad. 

I walked out of my room after changing and heard grunting from the window. I was early, I mind as well go check it out. I went outside to see Armin practicing drills and things I taught him. 

He had sweat all over him and his shirt was off. I've never seen him without his shirt, he has abs! He always kept his shirt on when we trained together. 

I walked out and said, "Armin hey!" He turned around and blushed. He jumped and quickly put his shirt on. I said, "You wanna train? I have an hour before I have to go to class." 

He said, "That'll be great!" I picked up a sparring stick and Armin raised his. 

His face was all serious. He flung at me, and I dodged, I knew he was going to do that, he's always messy in the beginning and then he ties it all together in the end. 

He said while swinging, "H-How do you always know?" He put the stick down and looked up at me. "What's your secret?" I laughed nervously and thought, 

Woman's intuition... I trust him. 

"Armin, I'm going to tell you a secret." He nodded and I sat down on some old logs. 

"My mom always told me she remembered the day she was born; I think it's more metaphorical than literal. If it was literal, it would still make sense."

He replied, "Oh, that's your goal, to remember the day you were born." 

I said, "Yes, but... my mom also has a very great memory. She's known for it and was harassed for it, and hurt for it, my mom was seen as a freak. Uhm, that's why when I was born she knew I would end up getting it... like I do now... a-and she told me not to tell anyone." 

Armin's eyes widened, "You have a photographic memory?" 

I nodded, "I remember everything." Armin said, "How far back does it go?" I got silent, I didn't want to think about that day, ever. 

Armin said, "Is it traumatic? Most of the time, photographic memory comes from a traumatic memory. Like how a person remembers a traumatic memory with every little detail, you treat all your memories like that." 

I tilted my head and said, "I tried to google about it but, the only thing I got out of it is that it's hereditary." Armin said, "Is that how you remember so much about me?"

I nodded, "I hope you didn't think I was a freak!" He shook his head frantically, "NONONO! NOT AT ALL!" 

I said, "My mom said when I go through something traumatic or extremely heartbreaking I'd get my photographic memory... so, from now until I was nine, I remember everything." 

I smiled and looked at the sun, "How long have we been training and talking?" He thought, "I'd say about forty minutes." I got up and said, "It's almost time for me to leave then. I'll get going now."

Third person's POV

Jean was standing at the doorway; he didn't mean to ear hustle. 

Y/N kind of just came when he was already there. He was watching Armin, half of him was happy he sucked at fighting because that meant he was better. 

Another half of him was pissed off that he was trying to amount to anything. When Jean heard that his in-the-works girlfriend had superpowers, and told Armin before him, it pissed him off.

But he wasn't going to say a word because if he did, he would lose her and he knew it.

Y/N's POV

After a while of early class, it was finally free time, Jean wanted to go on a date with me. I was trying to hold in my excitement all day. I got dressed and met him in the lounge. 

Jean said, "Wow, I've never seen you in anything else except pajamas or the uniform." I smiled, "I think my past life was as a world-famous fashion designer." 

Jean chuckled, "You believe in past lives?" I thought, "I believe in a lot of things as long as there's some kind of evidence, I have an open mind. My mom taught me too. My dad says that me and her are just naïve." 

Jean said, "You must be close to your parents." I nodded, "Yeah! They're my best friends." Jean held the door for me. "Thank you, kind sir." 

I said in a weird British man accent. He laughed and said, "You're such a cornball." I laughed and walked outside breathing in the fresh citizen air. 

Jean said, "So, I know how you don't like fancy restaurants so, we're going to a small-town dinner from my hometown. It's charming and also the food there is great!" 

I smiled, "I look forward to it." He said, "It's a long walk though." I laughed, "Boy, I've walked millions of miles." He laughed back, "If you say so cornball." 

I looked at him, "Is that what you're calling me now?" He nodded with a huge smile plastered on his face. "Let's go giggly bitch." He laughed, "I've never heard you curse!" 

"Yes, you have, you don't be paying attention." We slowly stopped laughing and the walk got a little silent. 

I broke the silence, "So tell me more about yourself. You're always listening to what I have to say." He laughed, "Oh uhm, unlike you suicidal maniacs, I wanna join the military police." 

I sighed, "Ah, you want the easy life with more respect." 

He nodded, "I won't lie, I've always had an easy life so, why stop the train... plus Military police make more money and, my mom... I need to be able to provide for her." 

I looked at him. 

Hmm, that changed how I looked at him as a whole. 

I said, "Jean, I'm happy you're not just doing this to make your life easier but to make your mom's life easier as well." He blushed. 

"Well, she was always so good and calm with me. I remember she would make me omelets a lot because I would beg so much." 

I smiled, "I have a feeling, you ate a lot as a kid." He laughed, "I DID! I had such a chubby face." I smiled, "You would've been so much cuter now if you kept the weight." 

He blushed, "You think? I only lost the weight because I got bullied." I rolled my eyes, "Fat shamers are just people who suffer from an inferiority complex, with a little bit of narcissism and masochism." 

He looked at me, "Big words." I smiled, "I know a lot of words." He said, "You remember a lot of things." I looked away. 

He said, "I wanted to ask you about that." 

I looked at him again, "What?" He paused and thought as if he got cold feet he said, "I guess, I noticed you have a great memory so, I wanted to test it." 

Huh?! Why would he do that? 

He asked, "What was the first thing I said to you when we first talked to each other?" 

I laughed, "'Wow, you're cool.' That was because I was training with Reiner, and I beat him." He nodded and asked, "What was the first thing I said when we began walking?" 

I said, "If you say so cornball." He said, "Wow, good memory." I nodded happily. Jean looked at the lights, "Oh we're almost there!" 

He smiled, I could tell he was a foodie, it's really cute. His face lit up the closer we got to the diner. He held the door for me and then walked in and took a deep breath in. 

The waiter said, "If it isn't Jean Kirstein! I haven't seen you in years." I looked at them, "And you brought a lovely lady, what's your name miss?" I said, "Y/N." 

Jean whispered, "Don't be shy, they're nice I promise." I nodded and shook the waiter's hand. 

They said, "My name is Skylar, I'm nonbinary... I hope you don't find a problem with them/they pronouns." 

I smiled and said, "Nope." They said, "Good, have a seat you two, Jean, since you came to visit me, It's on the house." 

Jean blushed, "Oh no, no, no! I can pay!" They shook their head, "I said what I said, boy!" I laughed. He looked at me a little upset, "They're like my crazy mean aunt, but also my dad, at the same time." 

I laughed and Jean said, "You have such a pretty smile and a very cute laugh." I got silent, "You have a very cute face and a very calming voice." 

He blushed. "What should I order?" He smiled, "OUUU! Their omelets are amazing!" I laughed, "But Jean, it's mid-day." 

"Okay and? We can have brunch." I rolled my eyes and Skylar came over. "Lady's first." They smiled at me politely. "You guys ready to order?" 

I nodded and thought, "Jean is forcing me to get an omelet." They wrote down, "Deluxe version or standard?" I answered, "Deluxe." 

"And what would you have to drink?" 

"Can I have an F/D?" They said, "Is that all?" I looked at Jean, "Can we have the cheesy bread!" I laughed and they said, "Of course! Anything for my favorite customers." 

I smiled and looked at the menu. Jean said, "I'll have the same order she's having except! Can I have orange juice?" They nodded and said, "I'll get to work on it." 

I smiled and they walked away. I said, "So, visiting day is soon, Whatchu gonna do with your mom?" 

He shrugged, "She might get a little clingy and I don't think we're ready to start meeting each other's parents." 

I laughed, "Yeah, my mom and dad won't be able to come, they're going to be too busy somewhere else for a while." 

Jean said, "I've always wanted to see what you're like with your parents since you're the only child." I said, "I had an older brother, he died as an infant though." 

Jean said, "How? If you don't mind me asking?" I said, "My mom brought him to daycare and the lady there gave him head trauma, my mom was devastated. My dad became very protective, and my mom was always around to watch me." 

Jean said, "I can imagine they're probably pretty strict." I laughed, "Hell nah, they're crazy." He laughed and our food came out. 

I smiled and ate; I was a very big eater. I stress eat, I eat just to eat, I eat when I'm sad, I just eat. I chewed on the omelet and looked at Jean. 

He looked at me with anticipation, "MM, this is good." 

He smiled, I took a bite of the cheesy bread, "I like this a lot! We should come here all the time!" 

Jean laughed, "Eat up, we're gonna have to go soon and Skylar hates it when people don't finish their food." I smiled and ate all my food, I was full. 

Jean leaned back and said, "Wow, you ate all of that!" 

I smiled, "it was good!" 

"I told you so!" 

I smiled as Skylar said, "Well, looks like you're done! Now hurry! Out, out! I need more customers. Jean, tell your mom I said hello for me!" 

We got pushed out of the diner. Jean said, "They always kick me out when I finish all my food." I laughed and we were back on the trail. 

"I never thought we'd be friends." I looked at him with a questioning look. "Why not?"

He smiled, "You were so shy and deflective. But you were also very badass especially when it came to training. I always thought you would be either scary or hard to talk to." 

I looked at him, "Because you were so invasive! It made me so nervous, and you were way too casual around me like we've been friends for years! I barely knew you." 

He blushed, "OH! SORRY! I didn't mean to make you so uncomfortable! That's just how I am, I need to work on that." I smiled, "That's cute." He blushed more, "What's cute?" 

"Nothing, wanna hold hands?" He turned around, "Uhm, I'll be honest... PDA is not really my thing." 

"Oh..." He blushed, "I-I'll try but, I'm very shy when it comes to that." I smiled, "You don't have to be shy! Even I have trust issues and I still manage to love!" 

He said, "L-lo-LOVE?!" 

I said, "CALM DOWM NOT LIKE THAT!" 

He said, "Oh." I laughed, "You're so weird." 

NGL these two are so cute I kinda wanna make a Jean ff😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 1.7K 69
Crucified by my Savior He's got a Saintlike behavior, Godlike ascension COMPLETED #1 in #jeanxreader 05/11/22 I DO NOT FOLLOW THE STORYLINE AND ALL C...
7.9K 208 51
Y/n was born in the underground city. Y/n was the daughter of a very well known theif. Y/n at 9 years old,and her father,along with her aunt and uncl...
92.5K 1.4K 15
Now I realized. The fate that I devoted my life to. How could I forget?. The sign only responds to you and shines red. The one word I begged you for...
9.5K 185 16
You join the survey corps, the scout regiment. Your family and home was destroyed by the Titans. You won't let them get away this time and steal ever...