LONER, miles morales

By -empyreans

━ ❝ 'cause i was a loner until i met you and i let you in after all the persuasion, mind games, manipulations... More

LONER.
o. . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ ACT ONE: loner ࿐ྂ
ONE.
TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.
SEVEN.
NINE.
↳ LOTTERY.
o. . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ ACT TWO: lottery ࿐ྂ
TEN.
ELEVEN.
TWELVE.
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN.
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN.
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN.

EIGHT.

449 22 1
By -empyreans

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
(LONER)
CHAPTER━━ EIGHT
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 恋人┊͙✧˖*°࿐

MILES HAD taken the leap. Both literally and figuratively. He's finally earned the confidence he wanted. The last thing he needed to do was save the world...worlds? Using his invisibility, he had managed to sneak into the Collider room, just in time to see the spiders having some trouble. They were all glitching. Doc Ock tightened the grip around Peter's throat with one of her tentacles, a menacing look in her beady eyes. Suddenly, one of her extra appendages began punching her in the face, "Who did that?" Doc Ock snapped her head around, only to see a figure launching itself toward her.

"Miles?" Peter asked as Miles revealed himself. "Spider-Man?" Doc Ock asked. Miles shoots webbing, knocking her back as she releases her hold on Peter. Miles catches him and they both land on the ceiling. "Wow, Miles! You're doing it on command!"

"About time right?" The rest of the Spiders positively react to seeing Miles again. "Hey, look who's here!" Spider-Ham pointed out. "Miles!" Peni exclaimed. "You figured it out." Gwen realizes. Peter proudly placed his hand on top of Miles' shoulder, "I love you! I am so proud of you!" He exclaims, making Miles laugh. "Do I want kids?"

Doc Ock throws another piece of the wall at Peter and Miles. They both dodge it and swing around. "Oh, yeah, I forgot about her." As they fight, they all notice a box raising up towards the beam. "Well, that doesn't look promising."

"No, it doesn't." Miles as he and Peter try to fight Doc Ock but she seemed faster as she has three of her arms wrapped around our necks. The two struggled in her grip when we noticed the lights on the beams started to intensify and change colors. Then they pull out of her grip and fall toward the beams which showed them tons of debris from cars, buildings, and streets. Inside the beam, Kingpin's wife, Vanessa, and their son, Richard start to flicker into existence as Kingpin watches from the observation room.

"I've got genetic matches!" A scientist informed, "Hold on... It's too risky!"

"Shut up and turn it up!" The Spiders continued to battle all of the bad guys as the collider room descends into more chaos. "On your left! On your right! I got five o'clock, three o'clock, two o'clock! Every direction!" Peter shouted. "On your right! On your right!" Miles shouted back.

Meanwhile, Meg stood atop the building's rooftop while mayhem and glitching spread below, watching from above. She received numerous phone calls and texts from her family, while people were fleeing for their life. With her mother Estelle wondering if she was at Visions in a secure place. Back in the collider room cluster buildings burst through the portal. The spiders continue to battle as things get crazy.

"Guys, are you seeing this?" Peter, Miles, and Gwen meet up on top of one of the collider guns. They look out over the chaos that is happening in the room. "Looks like our dimensions are coming to us," Gwen said once she comes over to Peter and Miles. "Does look cool though, right?" Peter asked as a blob of buildings started to rise up.

"We gotta get back up there. Shouldn't be too hard-" Their Spider-senses go off - they turn around just as Doc Ock throws a bus at them. Simultaneously, Noir and Tombstone have a hand-to-hand fight. "Is that all you got? You gonna fight or you just bumping gums you hard-boiled turtle slapper?" Spider-Noir then pulls a car on top of Tombstone and it explodes. Subsequently, Scorpion has SP//dr pinned down. Peni struggles to break free but Scorpion starts to destroy SP//dr, pulling off and destroying the robot's limbs. As Scorpion goes to attack Peni again, an anvil slams onto Scorpion's head which Ham dropped on him.

"Puerco? What are you, some kind of silly cartoon?" Scorpion insults.

"You got a problem with cartoons?" Scorpion and Ham fight hand-to-hand combat. Ham is freakin' insane at fighting. Ham knocks Scorpion down and before he can get up, Noir grabs his tail and swings him around. As he lets go and Scorpion flies towards Peni, she grabs one of SP//dr's detached arms and smashes Scorpion with it. He's out. "Ohhh did THAT feel like a cartoon?"

Gwen and Miles fight Doc Ock, tag-teaming. Gwen is impressed by Miles. Suddenly one of Doc Ock's tentacles hits Gwen hard and she falls back toward the beam. "Gwen!" Miles flies after Gwen, barely grabbing her. He swings back up with a recovering Gwen.

"I like your suit."

"Thanks. I made it myself."

Miles shoots a web strand back at Peter. Peter grabs the web strand and pulls it, giving Gwen super speed. "That was adorable team! Now hold on tight!" Gwen flies into Doc Ock, punching her then she ducks down as Miles towards Doc Ock and punches her, then Peter. Doc Ock flies back from the impact and smashes into a building. Furious, she races back towards them.

"Buckle up, guys. This is gonna take a while." Gwen warned. All of them get into a stance as Doc Ock gets closer to them. Until a truck hits her and knocks her away.

"All right. Never mind. Let's end this thing." Gwen said.

"Guys, I got it." Miles steps back.

"I'll go. I'm the one with the goo..." Peter started to say as he starts to dig into his glove but couldn't find the key until Miles held it up to him. "Oh, you gotta be kidding me."

"Don't watch the mouth. Watch the hands." Miles repeated back to him and he shoots a web and swung off through the chaos in the collider room.

"Miles!"

"Be careful!"

He heads to the panel, doing his own version of Blonde Peter's swing-crawl-flip to the moving cylinder panel. "That was crazy!" Miles said. He makes it over to the control panel and put the goober in and a hologram keyboard appears in front of him. "Guys, we got control of the beam! Get up here!" Miles shouts and he starts to get to work. "Alert! Quantum polarity has been reversed." The automated voice said as the others come over to him.

In the observation room, Kingpin looks up and sees Miles at the panel as the other spiders join him. Kingpin, enraged, slams down on the control panels in front of him, smashing the windows of the Observation Room. The collider room shakes, inter-dimensional quakes rocking the room and all of Brooklyn as Meg hurriedly jogs over to Fisks Tower despite the chaos surrounding her.

"Guess this is it," Gwen said as Miles pull up his mask.

"Well, nice to know we're not alone. Right?" Peni asked as Miles tapped away on the keyboard.

"Yeah," Gwen said, softly. They all look around at each other. They want to go home but part of them wants to stay.

Miles punches a code into the keypad and twists the goober. "I got the portal open. You first, Peni." Miles said to her.

She smiles. "Thank you, Miles. From both of us." She holds up her arm, showing her spider then she jumps off from Noir's shoulder and falls into the portal, and disappears.

Miles punches in another code and he looks over at Spider-Noir. "I, uh, love you all," Noir said then he holds up a Rubik's Cube and said. "I'm taking this cube thing with me. I don't understand it. But I will." Then he salutes them and jumps into the portal next.

"I want you to have this. It'll fit in your pocket." Spider-Ham said as he hands Miles a hammer. Miles smiles at it. "That's all, folks." He said then he starts to fall through next.

"Is he allowed to say that, legally?" Peter asked as Ham disappears into the beams.

Miles turns to Gwen. Silent. Awkward. Just like the classroom, but..."Do I get to like the hairdo now?" Miles asked Gwen and she laughs as she pulls back her mask.

"You know I'm older than you. Fifteen months, but it's pretty significant if you ask me."

"Wait. What does that have to do with any.." Miles starts to question and that's when Gwen realizes where Miles' heart lies or rather who his heart lies with instead. She turns away, uncomfortable with the moment. Miles holds out his hand. "Friends?"

Gwen grabs his hand and holds it. "Friends." She said.

"Cool."

"See you around Spider-Man." She elegantly leaps into the beam.

Miles turns to Peter. "Your turn." He said to him.

"Yeah, yeah. Right." Peter looks down and hesitates. He's scared to go. But suddenly, they're both hits with a surge of Spider-Sense. Miles and Peter look down to see Kingpin has left the observation room and is now leap-frogging his way across buildings towards them.

"You're not going anywhere!" He yells as he punches a water tower away from him.

Peter assesses the situation. "I'll hold him off. You shut this down." Peter said as he pulls down his mask and he jumps away from the panel, going towards Kingpin much to Miles' surprise.

"Peter, that wasn't the deal!"

"Push the green button! Do not wait for me!" Peter's leaping away, swinging when a web stops him and yanks him back to Miles, on the other end of the web. "What are you doing?"

"Peter, you gotta go home!" Miles said as he and Peter landed on another building.

"This guy could kill you, Miles! I can't let Spider-Man die." Peter said.

"Neither can I," Miles said defiantly as he stares at him.

"It's okay," Peter said to him.

"Yeah, it is okay." Miles drop-kicks Peter and holds him suspended over the portal. It looks exactly like when Peter challenged Miles in his dorm room before tying him up. "You gotta go home, man," Miles said as Peter grabbed his arm.

"How do I know I'm not gonna mess it up again?" Peter asked.

"You won't," Miles said.

"Right. It's a leap of faith." Peter takes his hand off Miles' hand, readying himself. Miles drops Peter into the portal. Peter smiles as he disappears into the portal. "Not bad, kid."

Miles pulls his mask back down and turns to face the approaching Kingpin. They face off. "Kingpin!" Kingpin smashes the building, causing a ripple of glass to fly toward Miles. Miles backflips out of the way. Kingpin pulls out a gun and Miles webs it away. "Nope! Sorry. That's cheating!" He starts to advance when a subway train suddenly speeds by, heading toward the panel.

Miles shoots a web at the train and hitches a ride. "Adios!" Miles lands on the side of the train and looks around to locate the panel. "I gotta get to that button." Just then, the window on the train breaks and a pair of hands pulls Miles in. It's Kingpin. Miles flickers in and out of invisibility as he evades Kingpin's punches. But Kingpin predicts Miles' next spot and lands a hit.

Miles tries to venom strike but it fizzles out. "Oh no..."

"Not so easy doing it on your own is it?" Kingpin grabs Miles around the neck and slams him against the wall. "I can't wait to kill one more Spider-Man." An enraged Kingpin is about to deliver the death blow to Miles, just like he did to this dimensions Peter when Vanessa and Richard appear and they don't recognize Kingpin. Multiple Vanessa and Richards now glitch in and out. "What are you doing? Where am I?"

"What..."

"Wilson..."

"Is this what you want man?" Miles wondered sadly.

"What are you doing? You stay away from us."

"Vanessa? Vanessa! Richard!"

"What're we doing here?"

"I don't know Richard..."

"Vanessa it's me. You know me!"

"...we're leaving now." Vanessa and Richard are frightened. They don't recognize Kingpin. They see him about to kill Spider-Man and they run through the door behind them.

"Don't go! Stay with me! Please!" Kingpin reacts and runs after them, dropping Miles. He enters the train car and finds it empty... his family has gone back into the multiverse. Miles climbs out of one of the windows and onto the side of the speeding train. He looks around and locates the panel. He is about to web away when Kingpin bursts through the side of the train and lands in front of Miles. He's lost everything, but he's not losing the fight. "You're not stopping this. Not today."

"I am stopping this! Right now!"

In the observation room, Jefferson walks in and examines the control room. It's trashed as a result of the inter-dimensional event going on. He looks out the front of the room and witnesses the chaos taking place in the collider room.

The train car whizzes by with Kingpin and Miles fighting on top of it, in clear view of Jefferson. "I need backup!" Jefferson says into his walkie talkie but he only hears static. That's when Meg subsequently rushes into the observation room and Jefferson's eyes widen in surprise.

"Woah young lady! You can't be in here-" But he stops himself when he noticed how her eyes were glued to the fighting ahead of them, and her face was in concern as she personally knew the Spider-vigilante and sighed, deciding to digress this one time.

In the collider room, Kingpin and Miles fight, Kingpin with renewed fury. Kingpin throws Miles off the train and they continue fighting as they fall, drowning in Sienkowicz/Kirby Psychedelia. Kingpin and Miles crash into the Brooklyn Bridge. A dazed Miles shakes off the collision on the bridge, his mask off. He staggers to his feet. Kingpin is already standing, unsteady but still dangerous. Kingpin and Miles square off, two exhausted boxers. Kingpin suddenly reaches out. He brutally shoves Miles to the ground. Miles rolls away and tries to get up. He's hurt. He looks up and sees Kingpin coming after him again. Kingpin grabs Miles and slings him against a pile of debris. Miles smashes into the ground, tries to get up, and slips.

"The real Spider-Man couldn't even beat me. You're nothing!" Kingpin is out of breath but he is enjoying beating the hell out of Miles. Miles keeps getting up and Kingpin keeps knocking him down. Miles keeps getting back up, he's exhausted. "You took my family, and now I'm gonna make sure you never see yours again." Kingpin knocks Miles down again and approaches to finish him off. Just then, a voice is heard in the distance...

"Get up, Spider-Man!" Miles' eyes flicker open at the sound but then he hears another familiar voice. "C'mon, you got this!" He looks to the control room, where he sees two people moving around. It's his dad and Meg. "Get up! C'mon... C'mon." Both Jefferson and Meg continued to encourage him.

"C'mon... c'mon... come on..." Miles struggles but he says to himself also. It takes him a few wobbly seconds but Miles staggers to his feet and faces Kingpin. "I'll always have my family. You ever hear of the shoulder touch?"

"What?"

Miles drops a hand toward Kingpin's shoulder. "Hey." As he touches Kingpin on the shoulder he delivers a gigantic venom strike. Kingpin flies back from the force of the Venom Blast. Miles webs him and swings Kingpin into the panel. "Hey, Kingpin! Push the green button for me!" Kingpin flies into the panel, a direct hit, making the Venom Blast extend to the entire collider room. The beam starts to suck everything back in. Miles webs himself to the ceiling and holds on as the chaos reaches a fever pitch. The beam retreats back into the collider guns, causing a massive implosion. In the control room, Jefferson and Jude are blown back by the force of the implosion.

The collider shuts off.

The shaking stops.

Miles hangs from the ceiling.

He did it.

He hears a coughing sound and turns to see. He observes Jefferson and Meg get up, coughing and shaking the dust off from the wreckage of the observation room. Miles swings over to the control room as quickly as he can, preferably before his father notices, and picks up Meg in bridal style. Jude lets out a brief squeal before realizing who picked her up, and Jefferson only catches a glimpse of them exiting the room. However, when Jefferson fully looks up, he notices a spider web hanging in the air but Spider-Man wasn't there anymore. That was before looking off to the side but only to see that Meg was mysteriously gone as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 6.3K 9
"Excuse me sir, do you have any panties? I- um kinda made a mess.." In which Louis is greeted by a small boy at the coffee shop, with such a casual q...
164K 3.7K 35
Y/n saw a great opportunity when told they'll be auditioning dancers for a new tour. She decided to jump at the opportunity since she loves to dance...
132K 885 10
Oneshots of Soap and Ghost!! Requests: open Contains: Fluff, Lime, Smut, and Angst (Not my cover art!)
42.2K 628 16
Y/n is loving life right now! Her grades are good, she found a new hobby, and she's still close to Shaka. What she doesn't know is somethings will ch...