The Woman at The End of The W...

By VRLove7

Vanessa Taylor, a sassy blue haired, tattooed cosmetologist with a mouth of a sailor was born and raised in O... More

authors note
prologue.
new message.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twentyone.
twentytwo.
twentythree.
twentyfour.
twentyfive.
twentysix.
twentyseven.
twentyeight.
twentynine.
thirty.
thirtyone.
thirtytwo.
intermission.
thirtythree.
thirtyfour.
thirtyfive.
thirtysix.
thirtyseven.
thirtyeight.
thirtynine.
forty.
fortyone.
fortytwo.
fortythree.
fortyfour.
fortyfive.
fortysix.
fortyseven.
fortyeight.
fortynine.
fifty.
fiftyone.
fiftytwo.
fiftythree.
fiftyfour.
fiftyfive.
fiftysix.
fiftyseven.
fiftyeight.
fiftynine.
sixtyone.
sixtytwo.
sixtythree.
sixtyfour.
intermission 2.0
sixtyfive.
sixtysix.
sixtyseven.
sixtyeight.
sixtynine.
seventy.
seventyone.
seventytwo.
seventythree.
seventyfour.
seventyfive.
seventysix.
seventyseven.
seventyeight.
seventynine.
eighty.
eightyone.
eightytwo.
eightythree
eightyfour.
eightyfive.
eightysix.
eightyseven.
eightyeight.
eightynine.
ninety.
ninetyone.
ninetytwo.
ninetythree.
ninetyfour.
ninetyfive.
ninetysix.
ninetyseven.
ninetyeight.
ninetynine.
intermission 3.0
onehundred.
onehundredone.
onehundredtwo.
onehundredthree.
onehundredfour.
onehundredfive.
onehundredsix.
onehundredseven.
onehundredeight.
onehundrednine.

sixty.

500 13 2
By VRLove7

For the second time today, I cut the engine to the vehicle. I climb out, observing as Charlee, Wren, and Tori rush off to get into position. Kelly quietly and quickly tosses the swords and rifle in my direction. Without blinking, I catch the swords in one hand and the rifle in my other. I sheath my swords, gripping the rifle in my grasp while I cover Rick's back with Jesus and Kelly trailing behind me before we get into position. Rick gives the signal; I take up his right side with Maggie to his left, and Kelly to my right. I put my back against the steel, barricaded wall.

Maggie nods at me, locking eyes over Rick's head. We lift our arms, feeling everyone watching us in anticipation. I smirk, letting my arm return to my side. I pull up Daryl's bandanna over my face while the three communities let bullets sing through the air. I crouch, waiting with bated breath. I listen, ticking off the seconds before the door swings open. I carefully peak out of the crack; I spot Negan, Dwight, Gavin, Eugene, Simon, and some woman I've never seen before strutting out to join the rest of us.

"Well, shit. I'm sorry. I was in a meeting." Negan grins, spreading his arms. "I see you got your little mudflaps with you. So, I'm not exactly feelin' a reason for us to try throwin' lead at each other. I care about my people. I don't want to just march them into the line of fire because I want play 'my dick is bigger than yours.' It is." I scoff, shaking my head. He really does think he's some god. "We both know it. But I'm also comfortable enough to accept the fact if it wasn't. I'm certainly not gonna let my people die over that shit, like you're about to. So, Rick, what the hell can I do for you?"

Rick begins pointing to the people lurking over Negan's shoulder, "Dwight. Your name's Simon. You're Gavin. And you-"

"Regina." The unknown female clarifies in a matter of face tone.

Eugene's quivering tone fills the air, "Rick, I'd feel remiss if -"

"No." Rick bellows, "I know who you are."

"You are a spineless, traitorous coward." I shout, stepping into the crack, exposing myself. I point at the mullet man, "I get to kill you." I grin with malice and promise. Even with the bandanna covering the bottom half of my face, my point is loud and clear. Negan's eyes widen at my sudden appearance while Eugene visibly recoils at the sight of me. I watch as his eyes find Abraham's dog tags hang around my neck. I cock my head, not letting the grin drop. He rubs his face, trying to get the fear from showing on his face before his new leader notices. Awe, are you pissing yourself?

"Listen, you five. The Saviors inside. All of you have a chance to survive here. To survive this. You all can live if you surrender. Can't guarantee it any time but now. Right now." Rick drags his eyes off of me, returning his attention to our enemy. I don't step back behind the wall. Instead, I cross my arms, glaring at the enemy in front of me.

Negan ignores me, "so, they surrender, and you and your little piss patrol doesn't kill them. That sounds like a good deal! What about me, Rick?"

"I told you. Twice. You know what's going to happen."

"We all fucking told you." I growl. "You've been warned."

Negan shakes his head while amusement dances on his face. "I do. I do know what's gonna happen. You don't. You have no idea the shit that's about to go down. Let me ask you something, Rick, do you think you have the numbers for this fight? You don't." Actually, we do, I muse. We are just waiting for the backup to join us any minute now. If he isn't eating bullets, he'll certainly be walker chow. "Simon?" He gestures to the one of the men that saved my life once upon a time. A second later, Gregory appears from the darkened room behind them with Simon following him out.

"Of course, that's where he went." Jesus scoffs, shaking his head.

Negan faces the man that's barely leading his own community. "What do you have to say to the Rick and the piss patrol, Gregory?" I roll my eyes at the absurdity of the creep's stance with his hands in his pockets, cozying up with the Hitler wannabe.

Gregory bellows, "the Hilltop stands with Negan and the Saviors. Any resident of the Hilltop who takes up arms or who supports this ultimatum against the Sanctuary or any of the Saviors, for that matter -- they will no longer be welcome in the colony." I grip the side of the steel wall, cocking my head. I feel the amusement dancing on my face.

"And?" Negan grins.

"Their families will be thrown out and will be left to fend for themselves." I cast my glance at the members of Hilltop shifting uncomfortably.

"And?"

"Hold the fuck on." I interrupt, growing tired of this game. I point to the older man, "are you kidding me? Are you that scared of us that you feel the need to try and get Greg the perv to call the shots of a community he lost a long time ago? Oh." I cover my heart in fake disbelieve, "that's cute." Negan's face twists in annoyance. Greg's mouth falls open in surprise. "Your small dick is showing, Bundy. You never want to go toe to toe with someone alone. You always have the prick brigade right behind you, fighting your battles. I'll happily take you on. No weapons." I spread my arms. Dwight winces, probably remembering the day he took me on while Jesus chuckles from behind me.

"I'd pay to see that." Jesus whispers, "my money is on her."

"Go home now. Or you won't have a home to go back to." The creep ignores my outburst.

My eyes flick the people gathered around me. "You do what you need to do." Maggie quietly offers, bowing her head.

Jesus shakes his head, "all I have at the Hilltop are a bunch of books and an old lobster bib."

"You'll always be welcome at Alexandria." I quietly speak, "all of you." Rick nods in agreement.

Negan grins, "you heard the man. Go back to separating wheat and shit or whatever the hell it is you people do."

"Doesn't look like anyone's goin', does it?" Maggie shouts.

"Hilltop stands with --"

"The Hilltop stands with Maggie!" Jesus interrupts Gregory. Negan's face twists in annoyance for a second time. Point for team Rick!

Simon aggressively approaches the man who once led Hilltop. "I feel like I invested a lot in you, and I am very, very disappointed." Simon growls, shoving the older man down the stairs. I smirk, I hope that hurt, asshole.

I snap my neck in the direction when the sound of an explosion fills the air. I close my eyes, silently hoping my husband and our friends are alright. Come back to me in one piece, redneck. I need you; I silently plead with the universe.

Negan surveys my face, smiling, misreading my concern. "Sounds like shit is goin' down, Rick."

Rick shakes his head, "you 'lieutenants' you're gonna have to make up your minds." Sensing that this nice little Sunday dinner conversation is coming to a close, I tighten the grip my riffle, kneeling on one knee, putting Eugene in my crosshairs. I watch as the color drains out of his face. Negan and his company spot my movement, knowing what is coming any moment now. I swear, Negan's face morphs into fear for a split second.

"Maybe we can take a time-out here -" Gavin pleads, not taking his eyes off of me.

"No. This has to happen now. This is the only way. You're gonna make me count. Okay. Okay. I'm counting." Rick scoffs dramatically. I smirk, shaking my head. Looks like Rick took a page out of the tyrant's books. "Ten... nine... eight..." In the corner of my eye, I watch as he cocks his gun, following his lead, I do the same. "Seven" We release the lead in our guns at the same time.

I growl in frustration, observing Negan and the prick brigade duck inside the second shit hits the fan. We all raise our guns, shooting out the windows that adorn the building. As soon as it begins, it seems like it's time to pull back for round two.

"Now!" Maggie bellows, waving her hand at our people.

People start to pile into cars, laying on the horns to help lead the herd in our direction. I let out a creative stream of curses, spotting Rick taking off towards the building. Keeping to my promise, I cover his back, firing the gun over his head, covering his back. Soon, we fight back-to-back, keeping the other in our proximity safe, giving the cars a wide berth that they need to pull out and head to the designated meeting spot before splitting up, again.

"Go!" Rick barks, directing the vehicles. He nods over at me, knowing I'll stay as long as I can, or until I know he's safe. He gestures, giving the signal, to the RV and Father Gabriel. Rick forces my body down, flattening his body against mine. My back connects to the ground, Rick grabs my head, stopping it from hitting the ground below us. I crane my neck, watching as Gabe drives the vehicle next to the building, jumping out a second before it explodes. With my arms pinned between us, I bury my face against Rick's shoulder, thankful for Daryl's bandanna protecting half my face from the debris.

As soon as he lets me up, I spot Negan limping to safety. Grinning, I finger my throwing knife, running towards him, letting it fly into the air. Excitement sings through my veins as I watch it lodge into his leg. I stop my approach at the barricade, hair falling into my face, gripping the wall, observing as he looks between his leg, recognizing the knife as one of my own, and eventually turning his stunned gaze on me.

Why is this man still surprised when it comes to me?

Rick turns to see what has my attention, he raises his rifle, hiding behind the barricades, releasing the bullets. I curse, he keeps hitting the metal that Negan is walled up against. I begin to continue my approach when the sound of low moans and groans fill the air. Ignoring it, I grip the barricades, getting ready to kick my legs over, wanting to drag Negan out, so this can finally be over. Negan peaks around, seeing my position with wide eyes, but Rick pulls on my leg in that same moment.

"The walkers are here! Go! Get out!" Rick barks.

"But -" I gesture to the enemy, growling in frustration.

"Go to Daryl now! It's now too dangerous for you to be here."

I shake my head, grabbing my swords, barreling through the area that the walkers have yet to stumble into. I climb on the roof of the vehicles that were left behind, jumping from car to car until I'm clear. Every once in a while, I cut a stray walker down when its bony, rotted hand towards me.

But my string of good luck has ended. I stop, glancing around the car, swearing. The herd is finally here and I'm trapped on top of this roof. They found dinner. I look up, seeing Father Gabriel trying to catch Rick's attention. Realizing I'm on my own, I drag the grenade out of my pocket, pulling the pin with my teeth. I toss it towards the building. I hear it clink against the wall. I stand very still, covering my face, silently ticking off the second.

When it explodes, I force myself to stay upright. I cover my eyes with my arm. When the smoke clears, I count to ten before I resume my trek until there are no more cars to use for safety.

I jump down, landing on my feet with a thud that fills the air. I wince, waiting. I peer over my shoulder while I hold the breath inside my lungs. With my coast clear, I turn back to the world in front of me. I spot Daryl on his bike, waiting for me. After several long strides, I feel something grab my ankle, pulling me down. Letting out a growl and curses, kicking, trying to get the corpse to release me. Seconds tick by before it's over. An arrow flies through the air, landing into its skull with a thud. I grab the arrow, stomping the skull in for just simply irritating me.

I return to my mission, rushing over to my husband. I jump onto the seat behind Daryl, wrapping my arms around his middle. "Thanks for the save," I yell over the roar of the bike.

"Ya are late, Blue." He grunts. I shrug, we almost had Bundy down. I wanted to take the chance, but I lost it. I rest my head on his back while he drives. It was almost fucking over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.6K 2.4K 49
Aubree Rae Morris. Only 23 when the world went to shit, a second-year med student with an internship at her local hospital under her mother's watchfu...
99 19 5
After being on the run from the police for months before the world even fell apart, Charlie soon learns that the rest of her life will now be just th...
1.8K 26 15
After becoming part of Rick's group, you, too, had witnessed the villainous introduction of Negan in the clearing. When he and his Saviours turn up o...
6.4K 215 10
Some would say the world ended the moment the dead began to roam the earth and eat the living. Others, would say it had only just begun, because for...