Dreams On Paper

By KrishnaLaasya

collection of desi short stories. More

Note
Yaariyan
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
Wedding Aesthetics
Aashiyan
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
Author's Note
Author's Note
Announcement
Aatma
Aatma
Anaganaga....
INTRODUCTION

Epilogue

346 7 1
By KrishnaLaasya

Flashback

It was after a month of Agastya's romantic confession the parents decided to arrange an engagement party. It was a private affair. There was only family members and a few relatives. The engagement party went well with all the smiles and cheers. Except the fact that Agastya and Ilham were sulking at some particular topics. Other than that everything went perfectly well.

These are the rings that Agastya and Arya and Ilham and Zaid has exchanged. The parents selected the rings for their children.

Agastya made Arya wear a beautiful rose gold crown ring. Arya made Agastya wear a gold and silver tone ring. While Zaid made Ilham wear a rose gold with a blue stone ring. Ilham made Zaid wear a golden tone ring.

Now coming to the topic that why Agastya and Ilham were sulking.

The thing is Arya got know that Agastya has visited her college to meet her student who proposed her. It wasn't definitely a pleasure meeting for both of them. It was a terrible and horrible meeting for Ruhaan especially because Agastya has threatened him in a way that he was about to faint at the spot. And Ruhaan was the one who taught Agastya to play the guitar because he wanted to propose his girl. It was a very hard thing for Ruhaan to make Agastya learn the guitar but the poor boy did it anyways.

The reason of Agastya's sulking is Arya invited Ruhaan to her engagement and made Agastya apologize to him. And even invited to attend the wedding to which Ruhaan immediately got ready and said yes.

Ruhaan is all chill with Arya's wedding. He is very happy for her. And as Arya made him understand that career is important. He is all focused on his studies and career.
Ruhaan himself said that he will help in preparations and arrangements in wedding all the functions of their wedding. To which family agreed and everyone were more than happy.

And now coming to the topic why Ilham was sulking. So the thing is which made her sulk is Zaid's cousin sister and her mother. They were getting on her nerves. Maham was trying every possible thing to talk and flirt with Zaid openly and the top of that her mother was supporting and insisting Zaid to be with Maham. Zaid having no other option was baring Maham for the sake of his parents. Maham always had a crush on Zaid and wanted to marry him but all her dreams gone to drain after knowing that Zaid is marrying someone else. But Maham and her mother being their own irritating selves keep on trying their best to lure Zaid's parents.

But Agastya promised Ilham that he will make sure that nothing goes wrong in any way. Which made Ilham take a breath of relief.

Flashback ends.

The wedding functions have started. Samarth ji has booked a huge mansion for their families to stay in Mussoorie and an out houses for all their relatives whom the families invited for the wedding. The families wanted the wedding to be an intimate wedding especially Agastya so they decided to do the wedding in Mussoorie away from all the chaos of the city. The couples loved the idea of the their wedding in a hill station. The couples are really happy that they are getting married in this beautiful destination. Ilham was extra happy because she can film the nature as well. As per her idea she filmed the sceneries of the Mussoorie in her camera. And the divine beauty of the Mussoorie and talent of Ilham in filming the videography is a heavenly combination. Getting satisfied with her work she has sent the video to the office. Well, to be Frank Ilham sent the  video to the boss directly. Everyone were awestruck watching the skills of Ilham's videography in the video.

The mansion looks really royal from both outside and inside. Fathers didn't want to compromise in anything related to their children's wedding so they chose it very wisely.

After reaching the mansion they all discarded to their rooms because they were tired and they need to wake up early to do preparations and decorations for Mehendi ceremony.

Mehendi ceremony

Finally it's time for the Mehendi ceremony to start. As per everyone's choise they decided that the wedding theme should be floral. Zaid's brother Hamza and Ruhaan did all the work of decorations while the fathers were helping mothers for the preparations.
Aditi helped Arya and Ilham with hair, make up and jewellery. Soon the mehendi function started with music and fun. All the ladies including the mothers and Aditi sat for Mehendi by alot of insists by the fathers.

Everything is going on smoothly but the sudden loud voice startled everyone.

Rukooo... Yeh shaadiyan nahi ho sakti. Someone said.

Arya, Ilham, Agastya and Zaid stood up shocked. While the parents are standing clueless. All the relatives started gossiping. Maham and her mother were literally dancing in their minds thinking someone came to their favour but all the colours drained from their faces soon.

But everyone stopped by listening loud excited squeals from both the brides while the groom's were smiling brightly watching the person.

The brides ran as fas as they can and hugged the person tightly which made the person smile and in no time the grooms came and joined the group hug making the poor person gasp for air.

Arey. Uff. Chodo yaar saans bhi nahi aa rahi mujhe. Said the person while gasping for air.

Which made them chuckle at her condition.

Ab kya has rahe ho? Aap log mere wait nahi kar sakte the kya? Mere bina hi wedding functions chaalu kar diya. Engagement bhi kar liya aap logo ne. Zaalim log. Said the person.

To which Agastya, Arya, Ilham and Zaid made a baby face at her.

Accha. Accha. Ab yeh cute si face mat banao. Lo kar diya maaf. Said the person.

Arey. Hume bhi batao ki kaun aaya hai. Said Rudra ji and Mustafa ji.

Arey papa yeh hai humara story ka Author. Said Agastya, Arya, Ilham and Zaid.

Oh wow. Welcome. Welcome. Saying the parents hugged the Author.

After the reunion everyone continued the Mehendi ceremony.

Yaar Arya woh dekhna kitna handsome hain. Said Author pointing at Ruhaan.

Hmm. Kyun ji Author Sahiba, Kuch Kuch ho raha hain kya? Said Zaid coming from behind while settling himself beside her wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

Haan yaar. Dekh na kitna handsome hai. Said the Author while holding Zaid's hand which was around her shoulder.

Nice choice Author. Ladka bohut accha hai. Said Ilham.

Agastya are you ok? Do you have fever or what? Said Author checking Agastya's forehead.

No. Mein toh bilkul theek hoon. Kyun? Said Agastya being confused.

I am just asking because you are not glaring holes on that poor Ruhaan right that's why. Said Author smirking at him.

Well. Ladka accha hain. Maaf kar diya
maine usse. Bechara maafi bhi maanga tha woh aakar mujhse. Aur wedding ka saara preparations and decorations ka responsibility uss ne le rakha hai. Said Agastya smiling looking at Ruhaan who was ordering the caterers.

Hmmm. Author hummed in response getting lost in Ruhaan.

Which made everyone laugh at their Author's antics. Like this the Mehendi ceremony came to an end with a lot of fun.

Haldi Ceremony

It's time for the haldi Ceremony. Ruhaan, Author, Hamza and Haya (Zaid's brother and sister-in-law) decorated the whole backyard for the Haldi function. They chose yellow floral theme for the Haldi. They selected the backyard because it has a pool kind of thing and will look beautiful. Mothers and fathers are making haldi. Aditi is helping Arya and Ilham with their Make up and Flower jewellery. Agastya and Zaid helped each other to get ready.
Everyone are looking beautiful in their yellow attires. Everything is looking yellow yellow today.

Soon the Haldi function started and everyone started applying haldi to both the couples. After the parents finished applying the haldi, it's time for Author to come and apply the haldi on. 

Author came and applied haldi on them and was going to get up but instead of getting up she took hands full of haldi and smeared the haldi on Agastya's face making his face cover in haldi which made everyone laugh. She did the same with Zaid as well now both the groom's are covered in haldi. Arya and Ilham were laughing so the guys looked at eachother and smirked and soon both the brides are covered in haldi as well. This made everyone laugh watching them playing Holi with haldi. And now it's time for the couples to smirk because they were ready to attack the Author with the hands full of haldi which made the Author run for her dear life.
The couples started chasing the Author which made her run faster but soon Ruhaan caught her which made her scream and Ruhaan laugh. The couples smeared the hands full of haldi on her face and hands.

Zaalim log. Said Author.

Shuru kisne kiya? Asked Agastya.

To which Author rolled her eyes.

Oye tune Hume haldi kyu nahi lagaya? Asked Agastya.

Me..Mein? Asked Ruhaan hesitantly.

Haa. Yaar kya huwa Hume haldi nahi lagana kya? Asked Ilham.

Aisa kuch nahi hai. Said Ruhaan.

Toh phir lagao. Said Agastya and Zaid.

Ruhaan applied the haldi on them softly with a bright smile on his face.

Author smirked and pushed Zaid in the water which was behind them. All the floral rangoli got destroyed everyone started laughing while this Arya pushed Agastya into the pool. Now the girls and Ruhaan were laughing. But they pulled Arya and Ilham in the pool as well. They pulled Author in the pool as well while laughing. Everyone were laughing splashing the water on eachother when the click.

The candid pictures and videos were getting captured.

Like this the Haldi function came to an end with joy.

Wedding Ceremony

It's the wedding day today. Everyone are running here and there for the last minute preparations. Once everything is done.

They called Arya and Agastya to the mandap to perform the rituals. Now it's time for the varmala when the bride and groom has to exchange the flower garlands. Arya made Agastya wear the garland but at the time Agastya was about to put the garland around Arya's neck Zaid picked up Arya which made Agastya glare at Zaid. But to his shock Ruhaan picked him up which made him to reach to Arya's height without wasting anytime he made her wear the garland. Everyone started clapping happily.

It's time for Kanyadaan were the bride's mother and father has to do some rituals. During the Kanyadaan  Chanchala ji and Samarth ji was emotional making Arya cry. Samarth ji and Chanchala ji completed the ritual and stood beside Arya. Rudra ji and Swarna ji confronted Samarth ji and Chanchala ji which made them calm down. The parents were having mixed feelings which can only be felt by them.

Soon the Pandit ji made Agastya tie 3 holy knots of Mangalsutra around Arya's neck and followed by making Agastya fill the forehead partition with sindoor. Arya's eyes were glassy shining with tears feeling Agastya filling her partition with sindoor which made Agastya kiss Arya's forehead with all the love and respect he have for her while Arya closed her eyes letting the tears fall freely. Their families started hooting and showering flower petals.

Now it's time for them to take 7 holy vows but before that Gathbandan has to be tied by Aditi. Aditi came and tied the Gathbandan taking Arya's pallu and Agastya's Kanduva (scarf) tightly. After the Gathbandan the couple started taking the 7 holy vows by  walking around the holy fire. And with the 7 vows the marriage is completed. Making everyone hoot and shower their blessings by showering flower petals and Akshintalu (Holy turmeric rice grains).

It's time for the Bidai. It's the ceremony where the mother and father of the bride sends her off for her new beginning and the bride thanks her mother and father for taking care of her for those years which were spent with them.

Samarth ji tried to control his tears but one look at his daughter's eyes made the tears fall from his eyes freely where Chanchala ji is crying hugging her lovely daughter tightly after breaking the hug Arya ran into Samarth Ji's arms crying. Swarna ji hugged Chanchala ji consoling her. After breaking the hug Rudra ji came to Samarth ji hugging him. All these while Shabnam ji and Mustafa ji were consoling Aditi who was crying watching the bidayi. Suhana ji went to Chanchala ji and hugged her too. While Aadil ji went to Samarth ji and patted his back saying him to calm down.

Zaid, Ilham and Author were crying silently watching the bidayi. They were so happy for Agastya and Arya that they are finally married.

After the bidayi they all had lunch together. After the lunch they made a photoshoot of the couple. After the photoshoot everyone went to refresh and again came back to do the preparations for Ilham and Zaid's wedding.

At the evening it's time for Zaid and Ilham's nikkah. After the last minute preparations Mustafa ji went to call Shabnam ji to bring Ilham to the backyard where the nikkah ceremony is going to take place. Zaid is already sitting on the other side of the floral transperant screen beside the Qazi Sahab along with Agastya, Ruhaan, Hamza, Mustafa ji, Rudra ji, Aadil ji and Samarth ji. Soon Arya and Author brought Ilham and made her sit on other side of the transperent floral screen along with Aditi, Haya, Shabnam ji, Chanchala ji, Suhana ji and Swarna ji.

The mothers stayed beside Ilham and fathers stayed beside Zaid to listen to their acceptance and witness their signatures in Nikkah papers.

Before the Nikkah they kept Bayan.
So everyone sat politely with making any noise to listen the Bayan.
The bayan is to make everyone understand the meaning of nikkah. After the Bayan, the Qazi Sahab started reciting Surahs from the holy Quran. After that the Qazi Sahab made them sign the Nikkah naama. The elders bent down for witnessing the signature.

After that the Qazi Sahab asked them to confirm their Nikkah. Ilham and Zaid confirmed their nikkah by saying Qubool hai.

May Allah bless you and bring goodness between you two. Saying the Qazi Sahab blessed the newly wed couple.

Everyone stood up and hug each other by saying Mubarak.

Shabnam ji and Suhana ji threw Almonds, Mishri, Walnuts, Dry dates, Raisins etc.. everywhere.

After the nikkah ceremony Samarth ji arranged a Shahi Dawat for all the family and relatives.

Shabnam ji and Mustafa ji were emotional after the Nikkah but Suhana ji and Aadil ji consoled them.
Samarth ji, Rudra ji, Chanchala ji and Swarna ji also joined them and consoled the parents.

Nikkah Mubarak meri jaan. Saying Arya hugged Ilham.

Nikkah Mubarak bro. Agastya hugged Zaid congratulating Zaid.

Agastya, Zaid, Ilham and Arya along with Hamza, Haya, Aditi, Ruhaan and Author started walking towards their parents and stood beside them.

Haaye meri baccho ki shaadi ho gayi. Kisi ki Nazar na lage. Author said dramatically sensing the emotional environment. To which every chuckled watching Author's antics.

Bhaisahab itna sab kuch arrange kar diya aapne. Woh bhi itna Royal. Said Mustafa ji.

Kyu bhai isme kya dikkat. Yeh kya sirf tumhari beti hai? Humara kuch nahi? Said Samarth ji while side hugging Ilham.

Nahi nahi bhaisahab Aisa kuch nahi hai. Said Mustafa ji.

Shaadi hai koi aam celebration nahi ki compromise kare. Kyu Aadil? Asked Samarth.

Ji. Bilkul. Said Aadil.

After the wedding the couple had a photoshoot. And later enjoyed the Shahi Dawat with their Family.

There are officially a big family now.

Reception

It's the reception party today. It's been a week of the young couples weddings. They stayed there in Mussoorie for a week with their family enjoying. The elders decided that they will organise the reception party in Hyderabad. Ruhaan went back to his home right after the wedding.  Ilham recived a call from her office saying her video got nominated for an award and she won the award. While Arya received a call from her college saying that her students got selected for participating in International competitions. Both the girls shared the news with the family making them jump in happiness. All the fathers even celebrated their success grandly. Samarth ji even offered Haya a job in his company after knowing that she is facing some problems in her office. Samarth ji ensured Haya that she is like his daughter too and she will not have any inconvenience in his office which made Haya hug Samarth ji crying in happiness because it was her dream job which Samarth ji was offering her.

Hamza and Haya has been taking care of the decoration work while the Author and Aditi were helping Arya, Agastya, Zaid and Ilham with their Clothes, Jewellery etc...
While the elders were preparing for the upcoming announcement and attending the guests.

So it's time for the reception party to begin. The party began with Samarth ji introducing the couples officially. Samarth ji even announced that Arya will be taking his position in his company after his resignation. This made everyone squeal in happiness.
After the announcements Samarth ji took the elders with him to make them meet some of his business partners. While the youngsters were standing near the bar while gossiping.
Zaid excused himself and went somewhere and came back to his group after a minute. There it was a similar song was playing in the reception hall. The same song on which they danced crazily on their first meet...in the train.

Oh, Slow motion angreza
Hun kyun time gavaaye
Seedhe bahon mein bhar le
Sarsari kyun badhaye
Meri whiskey ye
Meri tharri ye
Tu mainu Chad gayi O' meri soniye
Roko na toko na
O mainu peene do raj ke......

The only difference is then they danced with eachother as friends and now they are dancing as a family with the whole family including the Author. After dancing with their family they ate the food together with their guests.

Accha toh ab mein chalti hoon.. Duaon mein yaad rakhna. Said the Author.

Humesha. Said the couples smiling at the Author.

And.... It's a wrap. So this was the story of Arya and Agastya and Ilham and Zaid. Hope you all liked it. Do let me know in the comment section.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405 0 15
A collection of short stories
6.2K 397 4
Os collection on Sidnaaz ❤️
1M 47.7K 84
A collection of short stories. Explore the world of Pakistani novellas✨ 1. Love Lessons by Professor ✓ 2. Bitter Sweet Love ✓ 3. Silent Tears ✓ 4. Th...
879 132 29
this book contains many short and romantic stories.