The Business Contract

By quengdem

"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
*Character fun facts!*
Merry Christmas! 🎄🎄
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Suprise!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
Spin off
Happy 69k reads
Readssss‼️‼️

Chapter 13

2.1K 105 10
By quengdem

Trina McMillan POV

"What the hell...!?" I stare in shock at the numbers.

There is a lot of money leaving out.... And 72 percent isn't even recorded correctly. Lots of numbers are off... what the hell has the financial manager been doing...

Luckily the money that the business brings in is seven times the amount going out but still....I think someone is stealing...

Time to start barking orders and whip this department into shape.

I grab my iPad tablet and begin writing down the months that will need correcting. My God... this goes back two years..

I stare in disbelief. Welp they have their work cut out for them. As soon as I get my team in here it's really going to progress but for now it's time for me to make my presence known.
————————————————————

As I am coming out from my hallway and out to the main accountant cubicle area, I see the front desk secretary on the phone laughing. When she sees me she instantly hangs up as I walk up to her.

"Hello Ms. McMillan what can I do for you?"

"What is your name?" I ask her.

"It's Carlie ma'am, Carlie Thurman." She says nervously.

"Nice to meet your Carlie." I stick out my hand to shake hers.

"Thank you ma'am. Nice to meet you as well."

"Okay, so just for today and tomorrow you will be acting as my personal assistant until she is hired." I look at Carlie studying her face as I begin.

"First thing's first, do not take anymore personal calls on this phone." I pause. "Important people could be trying to get in contact with this department and your phone is where they are transferred to before going to Rory or myself." I lecture her.

"Yes ma'am, I'm sorry ma'am and it won't happen again." She nods while looking down.

"Secondly, head up, take the criticism and apply it." I add sharply.

"Yes ma'am!" she lifts her head and meets my eyes.

"Thank you Carlie." I smile warmly before giving her the task.
"It's, 10:27a.m now. So make an announcement for everyone one in my department to go to the meeting room and be there by 10:35."

"A-an announcement?" She asks confused.

"Yes, hurry and sound the alarm."

Carlie presses a button on her office telephone that connects her to everyone's company phones including mine.

"Attention everyone in the financial department, there is a mandatory meeting in the conference room. Please make your way there now and you must be in the room before 10:35." she says into the phone.

"Thank you Ms. Carlie, now grab a notebook and pen and follow me." I say to her and she scrambled together the things and follows me.

"I need you to jot down the important stuff I say in the conference room. Make note of anyone who seems bothered, scared, or uneasy." I say to her over my shoulder.

"May I ask why ma'am?" She inquires

"We're going to be weeding out a mole." Is all I say before stopping and turning to her.

"If you also feel that there is shady business going on, I advise that you write it down on that tablet too, C.Y.O.A." I look at her up and down before walking towards the elevator.

She follows behind me.

————————————————————
We get off the elevator to my second floor below where the financial team conference room is.

"What's the time Ms. Carlie?" I ask

"10:35 ma'am, we are right on time." She says from behind me.

"When we walk in, lock the door those who are late are fired, because it's obvious that they do not care about their job enough to be early or on time, which means they're not motivated or detail oriented enough to work in my financial department."

I have noticed that people who are late either over compensate, or genuinely do not care enough to put in hard work. While the latter is ok, being tardy isn't.

"Y-yes ma'am." She swallows between her words.

She is intimidated by these people I can tell but for the next few days and then some they're going to be intimidated by her. I grin at the power change.

We walk into the conference room and I can see everyone sit up straight or stand up straight at my entrance.

I nod to them all, looking back at Carlie to lock the door. A few moments later a few late stragglers try to get in. I look at them and smile and waves goodbye to them then quickly turning back to my audience.

"Those people who are late have been let go." I look around at the ones in the office as they look at each other and mumble.

"Firstly, if you are tardy I don't need you here." I say sharply. 

"Well you just let go some of our hardest working accountants." I hear a deep voice from my right.

It's Rory.

"And you are?" I ask.

"Rory, Rory Armano. I've been manager in charge until they found the CFO replacement." He says with a sound of entitlement in his voice.

"Well you're looking at her." I shoot at him. "And My decision is final. So none of you better be late."

Directing my attention back towards my audience.

"My name is Trina McMillan, I am the new CFO of Jacobs&Co. We will all be working closely. So you might as well get used to my face and I will get used to all of yours as well as your names."

"Didn't you come from Wyles Inc. ? Didn't he fire you?" Rory remarks.

"Which is what I'm about to do to you if you interrupt me one more time." I sneer at him.

Maybe it's time to get on his level for a second.

I bend to lean on the table right in front of him.
"Listen up Rory, there's going to be a lot of changes made here, you're 'management' has been slight and money is missing, a LOT of it." I glare at him trying to see any hint of fear in his eyes.

"Soon four of my managers will also be joining the ranks and since you know SO much about me then you should know that me and my team brought Wyles Inc. to financial glory."

I stand back up and look at my audience who are definitely on edge.

"Two years worth of money has been misreported and recorded incorrectly. So guess what that means team."

I look around at their facial expressions before continuing.

"Overtime. And lots of it. We all will have to work on the backlog of misreported money, find bank statements, and look into the ledgers of the past two years."

I then put my attention back on Rory.

"You know the number must be big if I was only here for a hour and instantly saw the problem."

"By the way team, not only will you have to focus on the prior two years but we still have to keep moving forward. Which means you will still need to work on your records for this month and have them submitted and in for me to look over before sending them to Mr. Jacobs."

I walk to the door unlocking and opening it. Seeing only one person a young lady sitting on the floor. When she notices me she stands up fixing her pants. I don't acknowledge her, she can wait. Noted she is the only one that stayed out of the group that was late.

"Lastly, everyone is to wear their name badge around their necks. I want to know all of your names and positions."

I know my changes are bound to ruffle some feathers.

As they all line up to leave I shake their hands and address them by their names. Thanking them for being here and the hard work to come.

"Thank yo-." I began but am cut off by a guy putting his badge in my hand and walking out.

And another one.
And another one
And another one.

"Carlie, write these names down I'm sure they're quitting out of fear. Just in case the money missing came from their records."

Lastly Rory walks past me not saying a thing so I speak.

"Is that how you treat your superior?" Not giving him time to speak I continue.
"That is fine because now I know how to handle you. It will be a pleasure working with you Rory." I smile at him.

"You as well." He forces out before stomping away.

I got you, you little rat.

I begin to walk passed the girl.

"Ma'am!" She calls for me but I keep walking. Carlie right behind me.

"Ms. McMillan, please! I need this job, I'm willing to do whatever, I'm a single mom and I had a phone call from my child's daycare." She begs me.

Oh that's my weak spot!

I stop and turn to her.
"What is your name?"

"Nevaeh Grisset." She say to me staring at me while holding back tears.

"I have a weak spot for single parents who are just trying to provide Nevaeh, but don't make this a habit. You are to be to work on time, be to meetings on time, and meet deadlines on time." I stare at her with my poker face.

"Yes ma'am I will, thank you ma'am" she says to me as tears roll down her cheek, Carlie quickly offers her a tissue.

"Listen, I know things happen, children get sick, so on." "Just let me know way ahead of time, at the first sign. Okay?" I tell her putting my arm on her shoulder pulling her in for a short hug.

"Yes." -sniff- "Ma'am" -sniff-

"Now clean yourself up, you're too beautiful to cry. And we have lots of work to do. I will have Carlie fill you in once you're back at your cubicle."

Nevaeh nods her head and quickly goes to the bathroom.

I look at Carlie.
"What do you got?"

————————————————————
A/N: hellooooo so what do you think of this chapter? This was so empowering reading about boss lady Trina. Next chapter will continue on Trina, I won't be switching P.O.Vs yet.
This was a bit longer of a chapter too!!!

Anyways don't forget to Upvote, comment, and share❤️❤️
-chuu 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2M 395K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
186K 6.2K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
414K 15.6K 30
*Disclaimer* This is my first story ever. I'm not sure how it will turn out but I'll do my best! "Why me?" she asked. I looked again into her mesmeri...
48.6K 1.6K 43
[complete] Running away from her husband five years ago because he forced her to do unspeakable things with a "partner" of his. One day while she was...