The Tsaritsa's Vessel (Diluc...

Od Iacrya

You are destined to be possessed by the Cryo Archon, the Tsaritsa, to prolong her life and further strengthen... Více

What Life You Had In Store
That Which Was Ventured
A Series of Unexpected Encounters
The Winery Master and the Resonant Maiden
The Morning of the Festival
The Dance
Bewitching Beauty

The Next Morning

73 3 0
Od Iacrya

READER POV

"Good morning, Adelinde," you told the head house maid.

"Good morning," Adelinde replied with an ear-to-ear smile. "Are you ready for your duties today?"

You nodded.

"Very well," she started. "These are your first three tasks. First, dust the furnitures and arrange the dining table like yesterday. Second, serve Master Diluc's breakfast, and third, pick grapes in a new area in the orchard. Do you have any questions?"

"None. I understand my morning duties. Please let me know if there is anything else that you need help with, Adelinde," you told her.

Adelinde just replied with a smile.

You went off to get the feather-duster and start the cleaning. You checked the flowers you've placed in the dining table. Seeing their still vibrant colors, you decided not to replace it for now.

After dusting everything, you went to the kitchen to get Diluc's food.

"Adelinde, I'm here."

"Good. As for your second task — here's Master Diluc's food."

The kitchen maid handed you a tray. On top of it is the food under an ornate dish cover. A small pitcher of grape juice and a beautiful glass are on the side, along with the gold-silver utensils inside a white table napkin.

"Y/N, you will bring this upstairs to his room. Pour him some grape juice. Afterwards, you will wait for him to finish his food outside his door," Adelinde instructed. "By the way, his room is the first on the left."

"Alright," you replied. You carefully picked up the tray and left the kitchen. You cautiously walked up the stairs until you are already facing Diluc's room. You placed the tray on the table beside the door, then knocked. You waited for a few seconds until you heard his voice.

"Yes?" Diluc asked from the inside.

"Good morning, Diluc. Your food is here," you replied.

"Come in," he said.

You carefully opened the door and brought the tray in.

"Good morning," you said to him after placing the tray on the table. You looked at him and saw him sitting in his bed. His hair is disheveled, yet his eyes alert.

Your heart thumped as you liked what you saw.

"It's you," he said. He reached for a folding breakfast table on his bedside. "Please, Y/N, I would like to eat on my bed."

"Sure," you replied. You arranged his breakfast and poured him some grape juice.

"Thank you," Diluc said.

"You're welcome. I shall be outside if you need anything," you told him.

However, Diluc took your wrist. You looked at him.

"No. Wait for me here."

"O-okay," you replied. Confused, you stood on his bedside, like a lamp.

Diluc chuckled.

"I apologize for not being clear. I want you to sit here beside me," he said.

Your heart pounded. 'Sit beside him?! In his bed? Of course your initial response is to refuse.

"Uh... I—"

But Diluc interrupted you.

"It's okay," he said.

You had no idea why he is being like this, but you anyway chose to obey. You sat on his left.

"Have you eaten?" he asked as he took his first bite.

"Yes, I have."

"Good. How's your sleep?" he asked.

"It's fine. I think it was the second best sleep I had for a while. The first best was when you took me in the other day."

"That is good to hear," he replied.

You turned to him. "How's your sleep?"

"Fine. As long as I sleep in my room, I feel well-rested when I get up."

You bounced lightly on the bed. Diluc looked at you as he chewed.

"Your bed is soft, yet firm," you told him. "I wouldn't wonder why you love this bed." You smiled at him.

"It is, truly," Diluc replied. "This is the only thing I look forward to when I come home." He took another bite of his food.

"I see..." you paused. "Actually, I've been wondering... Are you alone?" you asked.

Diluc swallowed his food before responding. "Yes. My father passed away about 5 years ago. And my stepbrother, Kaeya, decided to leave home," he said.

Diluc reached for a glass of grape juice which he drank to the bottom. You stood and poured him some more.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry," you said as you tilt the pitcher to let the juice into the glass.

"It's okay. I don't mind."

You feel as if he's staring at you that you can't wait for it to fill to the brim. As soon as you're done, you sat again on his bedside.

Diluc took his final bites, then lightly tapped his mouth with the table napkin.

"I am done now. Please, kindly put this breakfast table on the floor," he told you.

"No, I will just bring this over to the kitchen directly—"

"You're assisting me some more before you leave," he said.

'What is he saying? It's so uncomfortable already I want to get out of here...' you thought. Your heart has been beating out of the ordinary nonstop since you entered Diluc's room.

You sighed.

"What else do you wish me to do for you before I take my leave?" you asked.

Diluc gave you a sweet smile.

~~~~~

DILUC POV

Diluc was mesmerized by the lady serving him.

'How could someone look so elegant despite wearing a maid's outfit?'

Y/N finished pouring his juice. He took a sip again and then finished his food.

'It's been a while since I liked being with someone. I want her to stay here for a while.'

"I am done now. Please, kindly put this breakfast table on the floor," he told Y/N.

Y/N looked at Diluc with a puzzled expression. Maybe she wondered since after breakfast she's supposed to take the dishes down to the kitchen right away.

Y/N spoke, "No, I will just bring this over to the kitchen directly—"

"You're assisting me some more before you leave," Diluc interrupted.

'I must quickly think of something she can help me with as an excuse,' Diluc thought.

"What else do you wish me to do for you before I take my leave?" Y/N asked.

'She looked confused but she nevertheless indulged. Adorable.' Diluc gave Y/N a sweet smile.

"Can you fix the bed before you leave?" Diluc asked.

"Oh, sure, if you're done lying down," Y/N said.

"Yes."

Diluc stood and walked to the washroom to brush his teeth. He kept the door open to see Y/N's progress in his bed.

"There you go, sweet bed," Y/N said.

Diluc saw his neatly fixed bed.

"Y/N..." he called her name.

Y/N turned around and raised her chin to face Diluc. Diluc stepped a little closer and looked her in eyes. He's always been enthralled by her white skin and her silver long hair. But today he looked at the pair of bewitching ruby eyes that almost took his breath away.

Diluc felt a rush of blood to his face. He took a breath.

"Actually, I want to thank you for dancing with me yesterday. For the first time I... had fun... doing that tradition. And I also would like to apologize since the invitation was sudden."

~~~~~

READER POV

'This feeling...'

You feel like your heart is going to burst from pounding nonstop since you entered Diluc's room. Now, he's close to you, again cautiously invading your personal space, as he thanked you for dancing with him yesterday.

"I-it was a pleasure to be your dance partner, Diluc," you replied. "I didn't know you have a knack for dancing waltz."

"Well, I had to do well to impress you," Diluc said.

'I-impress me?' You wondered if he really meant it, but decided to ignore the remark.

"Anyway, is there anything else that you need around here?" You asked. You really need to step out before your emotions burst.

"Nothing more. But I wish to tell you that I will be leaving for Mondstadt this afternoon. If you would like to tag along to see the city, you are free to come with me."

"Really?!" You suddenly forgot the awkwardness in the air. Your eyes are probably a pair of twinkling stars.

Diluc smiled as he crossed his arms and nodded.

"If you don't mind, I want to go to Mondstadt!" you exclaimed.

"Then we depart this afternoon."

Diluc then extended his hand, as if waiting for you to put yours in it.

'Er?' You thought.

He just kept his palm over.

"Your hand," Diluc gently nudged.

"Oh? My hand..." You placed your hand over his gloveless hand.

He slowly raised your hand as he bowed and took it. You felt his soft lips touch your the back of your smooth hand.

"I shall see you later," he said sweetly.

~~~~~

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

822K 38K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
229K 9.2K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
570K 34.9K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 42.6K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...