The Gods that Exist

By KidNamedJamie

An alternate universe where Qi Xiaotian (Mk) and Sun Wukong swap places (and maybe a few others swap places a... More

Accidental delivery
Journey to the Mountain
Qi Xiaotian!
Redson
Mangos and Peaches

Up in Flames

858 42 19
By KidNamedJamie

Redson had stepped out to hear manic cackling and felt a gust of wind against his face. He looked up to see his mother being the cause of it all. So much for the 'walk' she was going on.

"Mother!" He called out.

She didnt notice or hear him, too busy with causing chaos and such.

Redson huffed and flew up towards her.
"Mother!" He called again.

That got her attention. She turned and gave a gentle smile, of course it was hiding her malicious intent.
"Ah, Redson! You're just in time!" She grinned.

Redson gave an annoyed huff again,
"In time for what exactly?" He asked.

Princess Iron Fan gestured behind her and Redson took a peek. There was a bunch of destruction in the city. But what caught his attention was the van that had a smiling pig with a chef's hat zooming in their direction. With closer inspection, there was the same pig driving the van and a man with twin buns in the passenger.

"Oh, those peasants came for revenge?" A smile appeared on his face, it was similar to his mother's.

"Peasants versus a king... its hilarious." Princess Iron Fan chuckled at the thought.

She was about to send another wave of wind with her fan before Redson placed his hand in front of her to stop,
"Let me try," he sneered.

Redson placed his finger and made it point directly at them. He took a deep breath and a beam-like laser shot out towards the gang.

Inches away from hitting them, a hover bike came out of nowhere, blocking the laser. Though it exploded instead.

The gang screamed as they swerved, trying not to explode as well. The explosion ended up popping a tire and they were forced out.
"Ugh!" Pigsy groaned as he kicked the van.

"Hang on Pigs'! I can fix it!" The water spirit said as he hopped out.

He took one look before scrunching his face. There was much more damage than just a popped tire.

"WAIT!" Nez Ha pointed out some rubble from the explosion starting to move. Pigsy was about to whack it with a spoon before out came a familiar golden-furred monkey.

"Hi guys!-" Wukong said before he was crushed into a hug from Pigsy.

"Kid!!" Pigsy wept.
"Thought I lost ya!!"

Wukong only smiled, trying his best to hug back as the air was squeezed out of his tiny body.

The happy moment didnt last long before another laser beam from Redson hit and missed purposefully, causing the concrete underneath to quake and crack.

It broke underneath them. They had falled into the sewers below and heard a bellow of manic laughter. It turned dark as the sewage water drifted them away. Not even an ounce of skylight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gang woke up to Tang screaming at the unknown mush on him. Everyone else was half wet and propped onto rocks.

They were still in the sewers but there was a campfire keeping them warm.

Even though the light of the campfire was bright, it wasnt bright enough to light up- wherever they were-
It was dark and definitely damp.

They group began to argue and panic, mostly Tang was the one panicking. Bicker after bicker, Wukong felt, off. Maybe it was thanks to his animal instincts but Wukong felt a pair of eyes on them. Especially himself.

He whipped his head around to only see darkness, squinting his eyes to try to see better. He could almost form a face, but maybe it was just the shadows playing tricks.

He turned back around to the group who were still trying to get Tang to stop whining about his new robe getting dirty. Wukong scoffs as he gets up and casually picks up the green mush off of Tang.

Tang could feel the food he ate earlier coming back up as Wukong flicks it away into the dirty water near them.

"Please, this is honestly nothing compared to-"

"Compared to your room?" Pigsy laughed.

"HEY!" Wukong yelled.

The gang started laughing as Wukong puffed his cheeks up.

He couldn't lie, his room was messy. He tends to hoard things and he can barely sleep comfortably in his bed with everything else taking all the space.

Someone cleared their throat, making the gang pause. They all whipped their head and it just-so-happened to be where Wukong was looking earlier.

A familiar figure came out of the shadows. He looked exactly like Wukong except his fur was black with a few strands of pure silver. He was maybe even shorter as well.

The figure had stepped further into the light and closer to Wukong who's tail lashed anxiously at the unknown monkey. Said monkey had a big grin on his face, it was showing off a very sharp canine.

"Who are you." Wukong growled before the monkey could take one step closer to him.

"Ah, I'm a helper of the Great Sage. Ya know? The cursed immortal you fan so much about?" The new monkey explained.
"He told me that he'd rip my throat out before I could beg for mercy if I didnt listen so... kinda had only one option," he shrugged.

"..that doesnt explain anything. Who are you." Wukong repeated.

"Ah, the name's macaque!" The no-longer unknown monkey chirped.

Wukong kept glaring up at him as Nez Ha chimed in,
"Good to meet you Macaque," he said.

"Pleasure is mine," Macaque bowed at those words, tilting his head just a bit to continue looking at Wukong with the same sharp grin.

"Excuse me Mr.Macaque, but were you the one who saved us?" Sandy asked.

"Yes, I was infact," he looked at Wukong as he said that and Wukong only looked away.

Pigsy looked at Wukong and then at Macaque and huffed,
"Sorry 'bout him, he's not always like this. Thanks though- for the whole- savin' us."

Macaque gave a nod and a hum then walked closer to the gang. Closer to Wukong.
Of course he tried sitting next to the golden furred monkey but he only scooted away.

Macaque shrugged and looked at the fire which was dying. He pointed at it and a purple flame shot out from his finger and onto the fire. It bursted and flicked with a few purple sparks before it returned to its red color.

The gang looked shocked at the small show of power. A monkey that can use fire?!?

"What?" Macaque asked
"As I said, I'm a helper of the cursed immortal, of course I learned some tricks!" he exclaimed proudly and puffed his chest for bravado.

"Soooo," Tang scooted closer to the new member of the group and pulled out a pen and paper.
"Mind if I ask some questions?" Tang grinned. He probably looked more menacing than Macaque when he first showed.

Macaque gulped and nodded when he saw a smirk on the other monkey's face in the corner of his eye.

Before Tang could ask his first question, a boom rumbled the ground and a few rocks had fallen from the ceiling. The rumbles and rocks had blown out their only source of light.

Luckily for them and before Tang could start screaming again, Macaque acted quickly. He used quite a bit of magic and used a shadow portal to teleport them all to a further place from the city

This spot was way farther than intended. They were on a mountain, in a cave, but it was a great place to get a good view of the city. The city that was currently burning up in flames.

The gang watched in shock and Wukong could swear he could feel the heat from here. The city he (mostly) grew up in was in flames and there was nothing he could do about it.

There were tears almost pricking his eyes but Wukong quickly blinked them away and turned towards the group,
"So. Do we have a plan?" He asks.

"Plan for what?" Pigsy snorts.

"To save the city of course!" He exclaims.

He looks towards where Macaque was sitting. He was already staring at him.

"D'you got a plan?" Wukong asks him.

"Maybe," Macaque smirks and stands.
"Depends if you can follow," he sneers

1373 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 254 8
**(LMK x Pure Vanilla!male!reader!)** (Sun Wukong x Male reader) "𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒓!" ----------- When darkness falls, light will alwa...
409K 13.9K 145
MK was orphaned at a young age. He doesn't know why he's never felt normal, doesn't know why he's never fit in and he certainly doesn't know that his...
9.6K 386 19
After the great sage Monkey King has sealed the Demon Bull King and vanished... Jie could finally enjoy her life! Since she was a fox demon she had...
6K 238 22
The day the war ended was the day Sun Wukong welcomed his new son into the world, and the day he put his Staff down for good. Nearly 18 years later...