begin again // joe keery

By bibbawrites

'but on a wednesday in a cafe, i watched it begin again' a joe keery social media au part of the dream of you... More

♡cast♡
♡introduction♡
♡prologue♡
♡one♡
♡two♡
♡three♡
♡five♡
♡six♡

♡four♡

119 10 11
By bibbawrites

lillie was just about to head back into the kitchen to swap over with the pair who were taking the next shift when the doorbell chimed and joe stepped into the empty cafe. 

"morning beautiful." he greeted, leaning in to place a quick kiss on her cheek, causing romy to fake gag from her spot at the sink, cleaning out a blender. 

"good morning." lillie grinned. "you heading to work?"

"not today, i'm filming tonight so i've got today off. so i figured i'd take the time to come visit my favourite girl." joe said, shifting to lean against the counter, a move that was becoming quite familiar to him. 

"your favourite girl huh? i'm sure romy will be over the moon at getting that label." she joked, glancing over at her best friend teasingly as joe laughed loudly.

"you got me." he grinned. "i just can't stop thinking about her." 

"i'm flattered pretty boy, but you're the complete opposite of my type. unless you're hiding a nice set of tits under that shirt of yours." romy replied, and joe pulled out his shirt, as if he was checking. 

"sorry, you're all out of luck." he pulled a face, and romy sighed. 

"guess i'll just have to stay single then." she said, pouting dramatically. 

"you want a coffee?" lillie spoke up, drawing joe's attention back to her. "on the house."

"you sure?" he asked, and lillie nodded, already moving to grab the milk needed for his frappe. 

"of course. besides, i'm about to finish so..." she trailed off and joe grinned.

"trying to get rid of me?" he teased.

"the opposite, actually. you wanna go somewhere?" she asked, as he moved down to the waiting area to be closer to her. 

"i'd love to." he smiled. "we could get lunch? i know a really nice little place that we can go to."

"sounds great." lillie said. 

she quickly finished up making his drink, pushing it across the counter. 

"give me 5 minutes." she instructed and joe nodded, grabbing his drink and moving over to a seat to wait while lillie hurried out the back to quickly swap over with the next shift, and pull her work shirt off, switching it out for a plain black tank top. 

once she was ready she said a quick goodbye to romy, before heading back out to find joe, holding her hand out when she reached him. 

"right." she said. "let's get out of here." 

✭✭✭✭✭

uncle_jezzy added to their story

✭✭✭✭✭

lillianajhampton added to their story

✭✭✭✭✭

uncle_jezzy replied to your story

joe keery
and i was right wasn't i

lillie 💫
not you replying to
me from next to me

✭✭✭✭✭

uncle_jezzy added to their story

✭✭✭✭✭

lillianajhampton replied to your story

lillie 💫
petal?

joe keery
figured a code name/
nickname for you online
would be cute, and a lily is
a flower and flowers have
petals so i went with petal

lillie 💫
that's actually really cute

lillie 💫
and very smart to give
a name to use cause i've
seen all the comments about
your "mystery girl" haha

joe keery
what can i say, i'm a
man of many talents

✭✭✭✭✭

the diner was empty when lillie and joe arrived, the owner greeting joe by name as they entered.

"i take it you come here often?" lillie questioned, as joe lead her to a booth in the corner. he nodded as they sat down.

"it's my favourite place to go. i stumbled across it one morning after an all night shoot and had the best hot breakfast i've ever eaten in my life. so now it's my special place." he was silent for a moment. "you're the first person i've ever brought here."

"really?" lillie's heart warmed.

"yeah." joe's cheeks flushed.

"i'm honoured." lillie grinned. "maybe after this we can go to my special place."

"we don't have to. i'm not trying to pressure you or anything." joe said quickly. 

"no i want to." lillie shook her head. "i trust you."

"well, i would love to see it." joe smiled, reaching out to take her hand across the table. 

"so what do you recommend?" lillie questioned, glancing down at the menu. 

"depends, do you eat anything?" joe questioned, and lillie half shrugged. 

"i'm pretty easy." she replied. joe thought for a moment. 

"the crispy chicken bacon burger is always amazing." he suggested, and lillie nodded decidedly. 

"crispy chicken bacon burger it is then." she said. joe smiled, squeezing her hand before letting it go. 

"i'll go over and order for us then. what do you want to drink?" he asked, standing up. 

"just a coke will be fine." lillie replied, and he nodded, before heading over and greeting the man behind the counter with a familiar handshake. lillie sat back in her chair as she watched joe talking, only one thought running through her head. 

how on earth did he manage to break through her walls so quickly?

✭✭✭✭✭

lillie pulled her car into the parking lot of the national park, glancing over at joe who was sat in the passengers seat. 

"hope you like walking handsome." she said, and joe grinned. 

"i guess we'll see." he replied. 

the pair climbed out of the car and lillie reached out, linking her hand through joe's, before locking the car and starting out along the path, making small talk as they went.

they walked for about 15 minutes before lillie stepped off the path, dragging joe up a hill.

"shouldn't we stay on the... oh..." joe trailed off as they reached the top of the cliff, revealing a beautiful view of the nearby lake and surrounding forest area.

"i found it one day when i was about 17. i'd had a fight with my father because i had decided i didn't want to go to university." lillie explained. "i drove out here and was just wandering and ended up at this little bench. and after that it became my spot where i came whenever things got too much. fights, breakups, stress from work... i even did my pregnancy test here."

"thank you for bringing me here." joe stepped forward, connecting their lips in a kiss. lillie melted into the contact, letting herself get wrapped up in the feeling of his lips on hers. and once they broke apart lillie was certain of what she needed to do.

"can i ask you a question?" she said quickly, before she could lose her nerve. 

"of course, anything." he brushed a stray curl out of her face.

"will you be my boyfriend?" she asked. 

joe was silent for a moment, and panic filled lillie.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to ruin this, but i just feel like it's the right move, and i've always had these walls but somehow you just got through them and i don't know how you did it but i'm falling for you more every day and-"

she was cut off by joe's mouth on hers again and lillie relaxed, putting all of her words and feelings into the kiss.

"i would love to be your boyfriend." joe said softly, once they broke apart.

"i thought maybe i'd misread the situation." lillie admitted quietly. joe shook his head.

"to be honest i was trying to figure out a way to ask you. but you got there first." he kissed her lips again. "my girlfriend."

"you're gonna have to be patient with me." lillie said, her tone gentle. "i've not had the best time with past relationships and there's a lot of stuff that i might be hesitant to do."

"i'm in this for the long haul, just lillie." joe assured her, pulling her tightly against him as they looked out over the view. 

"take however long you need." 

✭✭✭✭✭

tagged: uncle_jezzy

♥ liked by nattyiceofficial and 3 others 

lillianajhampton he said my coffee is better, but i think he has to say that :/

view all comments...

uncle_jezzy yours is 100x better i promise you 
↳ uncle_jezzy no lie
↳ lillianajhampton but you have to say that
↳ lillianajhampton you'd be a shit boyfriend if you didn't
↳ uncle_jezzy even if i wasnt your boyfriend i'd still say it 
↳ lillianajhampton hmm 

rom.com uh boyfriend? think i missed a chapter ^
↳ teehampton you and me both 
↳ lillianajhampton whoops... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

794K 47.8K 120
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...
180K 8.3K 105
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
1.7M 99K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
83.7K 2.8K 27
Yn was married to a cold man, Kim Taehyung, the Mafia King, who never showed any emotion towards her. He never trusted her and it caused him to take...