Kitty-Kitty Cat-Cat (IzukuxMa...

Af T0XICIITY

Shino Sosaki, or Mandalay of the Wild Wild Pussycats, has always made it her secondary duty to take care of h... Mere

Notice
Prologue: Cat's Dance
I: They're Called Hormones
II: Conversations
III: Call Me
IV: From One To Another
V: First Big Step
VI: Beach Vibes
VII: Word Of Advice
IX: The Perfect Woman
X: Self-Destruction
11: Healing
12: Surprise Visit
13: That Felt Great
14: Chance
15: Cat, You're A Kitty Cat
16: The Beginning of Hell
17: Work Like A Kitty
18: Equal In Heart
19: Business Partners
20: Hurtful Truth
21: Explanations
22: Encounter
23: A Needed Rest
24: A Real Date
25: Lay All Your Love
Epilogue: Forever And Always

VIII: Old Friend

4.6K 164 159
Af T0XICIITY

"UGHHHHHHH!" Midoriya groaned with body slumping back into his chair, tossing the pencil from his hand onto a blank sheet of paper. A frustrated sputter of his lips accompanied by a hand rummaging through his hair gave it all away that he was irritated with the task at hand. Not exactly how he was planning the first half of his Saturday to go but at the same time, he couldn't leave this task unfinished.

Alone in the comfort of his dorm room with the TV playing an old broadcast of an All Might documentary, Midoriya's brain struggled and ached to even get a single gear to click and continue moving. An hour ago the student had forced himself to sit down and begin working on something that so far has turned out to be far more of a tedious effort than he anticipated it to be. Every attempt it's been pencil on paper, freeze, pull back to think. Pencil on paper, freeze, groan, pull back to think. Pencil on paper, freeze, groan, pull back to think. Pencil on the paper, freeze, groan yet again, pull back to think. Everybody together now.

Pencil on paper.

Freeze.

Groan.

Pull back to think.

And that's how somebody writes a letter to their mother.

This wasn't supposed to be difficult. Those six words were the same grouping of words that he constantly kept telling to himself each time he went back in for another attempt. This was supposed to be something simple, something that he could easily replicate on a text message and yet here he was. Sitting at his desk trying to figure out what he should put onto this ridiculous sheet of paper looking up at him. It's as if the blasted sheet was mocking him, ridiculing Midoriya for not being able to put down something, ANYTHING else that what he already has. Because while he's struggled to write down his thoughts it's not like this has been without product.

Currently on the sheet of paper there were a few words that he managed to come up with after half an hour of deliberating to himself, but now he doesn't know what else to put after those words. It's the frustration of second guessing himself that's getting the better of him and any longer he might generate enough stress to completely dwarf what Aizawa might produce when dealing with his students. He figured the reason it was so hard for him to come up with anything was due to the fact that his relationship with his mother is more rickety than an old bridge over a canyon. It was just barely there, barely being able to keep it's strength and allow for something to pass through.

He would like some help on the matter but didn't want to bother any of his classmates or friends about thus. Primarily due to not wanting to bring any of them into a personal issue between he and his mom. He figured something like a communication issue between the two of them would show up at some point but showing up at a time in writing a flimsy stupid letter? Strange time as ever.

Tapping the eraser of his pencil against the paper Midoriya sighed, his posture slumped and giving off the impression of wanting to throw in the towel. Honestly he had intended on throwing in said towel around half an hour ago but for some reason he forced himself to keep his butt planted on that chair. What a great decision that was. Rubbing the side of his neck he didn't really see any way that he would be able to concoct some sort of content for the letter right now, that was until, his eyes absent-mindedly glanced to the right and spotted his phone leaning on a stack of textbooks.

"....noooooo." He said to himself while straightening his posture back out. "She wouldn't.....would she?"

Currently it was a high noon on Saturday, so it's not like she in question wasn't available. However, she would be a tremendous amount of help if she were able to give advice on how to go about doing something like this. The main problem here was that he didn't want to bother her especially considering that it was noon on a Saturday which meant more than likely they were either out and about or doing something important. Or probably a combination of both. Thinking about it he really didn't have any other options to look for help, and as close as he is with All Might as the next wielder of One For All his metaphorical 'saving grace' was somebody who definitely had a lot more experience in this field.

Midoriya shook his head and glared down to the paper, placing the tip of the pencil yet again onto the sheet. The engine of his mind cranked and sputtered to come up with ANYTHING that would make this letter seem somewhat decent in content and just when he thought he was going to start, he stopped. Imaginative puffs of dark smoke wafted out from his ears as the engine simply died a very pitiful and embarrassing death. And as his frustration continued to rise so too did the chance of him picking up that phone and getting in touch with her. His reflection on the dark screen was practically taunting him.

.
..
...

"Tchughhh." He groaned while reaching for his phone. Midoriya made quick work of his lock screen, tapping on his contacts and scrolling through the list to find the one he searched for. Once he tapped the call button besides the specific name he set the device to speaker mode, leaning it back against the stack of books and waiting for them to pick up.

*BRRR*
*BRRR*
*BRRR*
*BRR-*

"Uwaaaaah, mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMM....... good morning."

"Sosaki?" Midoriya questioned with nothing but low groans and yawns coming through from the other end of the line. "Sorry, did I wake you up?"

"Nahhhh, woke up like thirty seconds or so before you called me. Just took a nap, god that felt great. Ooh hang on, leg spasm."

"Take your time."

"Leg spasm, legspasmlegspasmlegspasm HooHOOOOOOOOOO.... Ohhhhhhh yeah. I tell you, those leg spasms are weird but man do they feel amazing. Naps are the best."

"A nap?" Midoriya asked with a strange look to the nearby clock on the wall. "It's noon, did you not get enough sleep?"

"No I did, I just like taking naps don't judge me."

"I wasn't judging, just thought you didn't get any sleep or something. Sorry to bother you Sosaki but I was wondering if I could get your help on something."

"Hey no worries, you actually saved me the trouble of me having to call you. Kinda wanted to ask you something as well."

"What is it?"

"Why are you so short?"

"Wow." He droned as Mandalay chortled and snorted on the other end. "Great question Sosaki. Really."

"I'm joking I'm joking, I'm only like an inch taller than you who am I to talk. Anyways whatcha got for me? No I won't be your date to the winter dance....unless you're buying food."

"No not that."

"Sucks for you."

"So, the reason as to why I called is because I'm stuck on something and I need your help. You remember that letter you told me to write back to my mom?"

"Oh you're actually doing it? That's great, that's really great I'm sure she'd appreciate you writing one back for her."

"Yeah well uh, it's not looking good." Midoriya informed as he picked up the sheet and stared at the front of it. "I've been at this for an hour now and I've reached a roadblock. I could use your help please if you don't mind."

"What've you got?"

"'Kay, *AHEM*. This is what I've managed to make up so far. 'Dear Mom'."

"Okay. What else?"

"That's.....that's it."

"...you're kidding."

"Really wish I was."

"That's it? There's gotta be something else you can put down after that come on Midoriya."

"That's why I called you!" The student exclaimed. "I need your help with this BECAUSE of the fact that I haven't put anything else down. I don't want to write this letter but at the same time, I guess it's only right that I write one back. I...I-I dunno stuff like this just makes me feel weird I mean, we text each other, right? We text each other sometimes she'd call me to see how I'm doing or she wants to tell me something you know stuff like that but for some reason this letter just makes me feel so, conflicted."

"That's because this is probably the first time in a long time that you're actually putting in thought to what you want to say to her. Even if it doesn't involve putting your emotions into it chances are you're still going to feel something tug inside of you because again you're actually thinking about this. Obviously over a text you're just typing away and not really paying much mind to it so I'm not surprised that this is a bit difficult. What's it been like living in the dorms so far?"

"What's it been like? It's good, not really much to complain about-"

"Nonono, don't just tell me. Write about it. Write down EXACTLY what you were going to tell me just now."

"Uh, okay." Midoriya picked up his pencil yet again and began to work, this time writing down the exact thoughts he was about to say to Mandalay. "Life in the dorms has been good so far, nothing I would really complain about. The rooms are for the most part soundproof which is really helpful since some of my classmates can be loud at times, and one of my classmates practices with a lot of musical instruments so I'm sure she's appreciative of it."

"Any activities?"

"It's only been a few weeks into the new dorm system so we haven't really had much of an opportunity to try anything as a class. There was an idea of game board night but that's still up for discussion, for the most part we just hang out in the common lounge whenever we have free time...Hey, Sosaki? How's Ragdoll doing?"

"I'm glad you asked. She actually came out of her room for once earlier today."

"Really? She didn't before?"

"Rarely, and when I mean rarely I mean RARELY. The only times she would come out of her room was to grab something to eat or use the restroom and then right back to the room she goes. Even worse, it almost felt like she only came out whenever the rest of us weren't around. But then earlier today, she actually came down to watch the TV with us. It was subtle at first because when she came downstairs it looked like she was just going to grab something and then head back up, but then I noticed that she didn't go back up. She was in the kitchen watching the TV while the rest of us were in the living room. I know to you it might not seem like a huge thing but to us it means everything. Means that maybe, she's opening back up to us again little by little."

"That's good to hear." From outside his room, the sound of Kirishima chasing after Kaminari was faintly heard to which Midoriya turned to, wondering what that was about before turning back. "To be honest? I don't really think I did that well when it came to our talk yesterday. Like I know, how do I say this, I know that I said what I wanted to say, right? Like I feel like I was able to touch on the really big points that I wanted to get to but then I came back to the dorms last night and for some reason it felt like I didn't do enough. Like there was something else that was left out but I can't figure out what though. You know what I mean?"

"Definitely. Know how many times I said something to somebody back in high school then went home and realize I should've added something else in there? There's always going to be moments where you're talking to somebody and then once it's all over, you feel like something else could've been said as well. It's only natural. I don't know what you said to Shiretoko yesterday but judging by this little change in her behavior, it was a great difference for her. So don't feel like you didn't say anything because I'm certain that what you said, was in fact enough. Or even more than that."

That put Midoriya's mind at ease a little, hearing Mandalay say something like that. Last night as he laid in bed and stared up at the ceiling there was something inside of him that didn't feel right. It felt like his words were unable to scratch at the tough surface of a quiet and cold Ragdoll, meaning that what he expressed to her would have no meaning at the end. But turns out all of his worrying would be pointless as it seems that his experience did in fact move something within the Quirkless woman. He prayed that it was a domino effect and not just a lucky fluke.

"Letter status?"

"Hm? Oh uh, I wrote down what it's like to be in the dorms." He answered. "Wrote a little bit about how it's like to live in the same building as my classmates, their unique room designs and all that stuff."

"Room designs? Who had the weirdest one."

"I wouldn't say weird, like I said they were all unique and special to the person. I guess if I HAD to pick out what would be the weirdest one?....Aoyama. His room was nothing but a bunch of sparkling stuff, felt like a flashbang exploded right in front of my face heh."

"Aoyama....oh yeah the one with the belly button laser I remember him. Honestly I'm not even surprised that he would have a room like that I could see it so clearly. So what's your room look like?"

"Uh-"

"Wait lemme guess, you got like a nerdy kinda comic book or hero whiz vibe. I'm guessing your room is filled with nothing but a bunch of hero stuff."

"Uhhhhhhhhhh...."

All Might blanket.

All Might pillow covers.

All Might Limited Edition Brush style Silver Age figurine.

All Might Standard Edition Young Age figure.

All Might 30th anniversary themed garbage can.

All Might DVD collection only sold in particular retail locations.

All Might pull-apart put-it-back custom figure.

All Might 'I AM HERE' trademark and signed by All Might himself poster.

All Might Young, Bronze, Silver and Gold Age lanyards with keyring.

"...nooo...what makes you think that?"

"I can smell the lies coming through the phone."

"I'm not lying."

"Prove it then put the call on video."

"I can't."

"Cause you're lying."

"No cause I'm in the restroom."

"So you're writing the letter while in the restroom."

"..."

"Uh-huh. Nerd."

"Okay you got me." Midoriya admitted. "So I have a few hero things in my room but I mean who doesn't right? I like heroes."

"A few, okay buddy. I think the jury has other thoughts in that verdict but hey. If you say so. Still up for tonight?"

"Yeah definitely, supposedly it's supposed to rain a little bit but nothing an umbrella isn't able to fix. What about you?"

"Me? Missing out on an opportunity to grub out and catch a nap right when I come back home? Tch, yeah right. Not even All Might will be strong enough to stop me from that."

"You really like naps huh."

"Definitely. When it comes to leading a hero team, taking care of your nephew and having to watch over a grown woman child who chases after him? Naps are where it's at no question. Still need help with that letter?"

"Not really, now that I think about it." He shrugged. "I guess I was just overthinking what I wanted to put in it that I completely overlooked the fact that it could be something simple. If I didn't have you to help me figure that out I probably would've ripped the paper into a bunch of pieces by now. Thank you."

"Don't mention it, and thank you Midoriya, for being able to trust me with something sensitive such as that. I know that your relationship with your mom must be pretty strained and kept under a tight lock so knowing that you can come to me for help means a lot. I'll do my best to help you out. Gonna finish that?"

"I'll try. If I feel like ripping my hair out I know who to call."

"Smart boy. I'll see you tonight then, later."

"Bye."

*BEEP*

Mandalay ended the call, leaving Midoriya to himself with the partially completed letter. Looking over what he had just written it seemed so simple to just jot down what his experience has been thus far in the dorm and so basic but in the end, basic was probably what's best for the letter. Not like he was expected to spill out his thoughts and how he felt about the current status between he and his mother. He didn't know why he felt like he was expected to do something like that but thankfully, he doesn't have to.

It's funny that he found it much more comfortable to express and share his thoughts with Mandalay than his own mother. But that was obviously due to the fact that in a weird way the two of them were kindred spirits. She was bullied during her adolescence such as he, her connection with her mother was severed via death while his connection with his mother was severed through personal confinement, and while he didn't have EXACT confirmation on this there was a hint dropped earlier that she too had reached that far down in the depths of their mental strength to think about committing a grisly action. Even if his mother went through something of this sort during her younger days he doesn't know if that would be enough to confide in her. Honestly, when it came to he and his mother? He didn't know what to think anymore. It's all botched up.

But as bad as that sounds, it wasn't entirely negative as he still had Mandalay to trust in. She was friendly, sarcastic, a bit of a jokester, and her laid back vibe made it comfortable for him to open up and share what's on the inside. A smile stretched across his face as he continued in writing the letter while thinking about how lucky he is to have somebody such as her to vent to. God he liked Mandalay so much.
.
..
...

"...wait........what?"

-

"Then what happened."

"After I saw Kacchan being taken by that sludge villain thing I just, I dunno I just kinda moved without even thinking of moving." Midoriya explained. "I wasn't really thinking about the dangers of the situation, like the fire around me or even the threat of being attacked by the sludge thing, I just sorta moved. I know how it feels to have my body hijacked like that, it's awful. Couldn't breathe, couldn't struggle much since the entire body was made out of a thick liquid, and it was so quick too. If it hadn't been for All Might showing up I wouldn't even be here.

So then, after I jumped in All Might joined right after me and he was able to save the day, as always hmph. The police and heroes scolded me for my actions while Kacchan got all the praise for being able to resist against the sludge villain. I don't wanna say that I got jealous or anything but...I jumped in when nobody else did, all the other heroes stood by as Kacchan was having his body stolen. I'd like to think that maybe it wasn't so wrong to at least get SOME credit my way but, guess that's just wishful thinking on my end."

"I'm sorry that you had to be chewed out for something like that but unfortunately that's just how society works nowadays." Mandalay answered before taking a drink from a light green colored margarita. Here they were at the restaurant for the second time this week, the heroes sitting on opposite ends of a booth and enjoying their time spent with each other. Mandalay's attire was a long sleeve black bodysuit tucked into dark jeans with same color hightops as her hero outfit, while the student opted for a semi-formal long sleeve green shirt also with jeans and his usual shoes. "No hero license or approval to act during a scene and they'll get you for just about anything. It sucks but as heroes we have to abide by that.

I can't really give you credit for jumping in like that because of what I just said but you were brave for doing what you did that day. They say the hero in somebody first comes out when that person moves without thinking, and honestly I'm a little bit iffy on that statement because you never know if it ends up being good or bad. But for you to be that young and charge in like that with the presence of danger takes guts and courage, not a lot of peopld your age would've done that. If anything I doubt ANY your age would've done that."

"Huhhhhh well, it's whatever. That's in the past now so nothing I could do about it. I just need my provisional license and I'll be set."

"Any idea as to who you want to study under?"

"Uhhh, hmmm..." Midoriya hummed, tapping the front of his chin. "Honestly? After thinking about it for a little bit? I think Crust might be a good option."

"Ooh, that's a good one." Mandalay said. "What brings him up to mind?"

"Aside from All Might, I really liked Crust as I was growing up. His Quirk is really strong and durable, I always thought it's cool of people who could protect everybody and act as their shield. Somebody who has a lot of experience such as Crust is sure to have some cool tricks to teach and I feel like I could probably benefit from those tricks. If he has any of course, if not I'd still be glad to train under a top hero like him."

"Well whoever you decide to study under, remember to have fun with it along with learning. Work Studies are very monumental for students like you and it's best experienced if you remember to enjoy your time spent with that hero. I tell you, when you have that freedom of a provisional license under your belt? Greatest feeling ever being able to exercise proper power, you'll probably get a few words here and there if you just jump into a situation without a supervising hero nearby but nothing that'll land you in serious trouble. If not Crust anyone else?"

"No, not off the top of my head at least. I'm sure that once I have some more time to look around at other options I might be able to find a spot for me to train under."

"You could come train with us, wear the Pussycat outfit with the cute little skirt?" Mandalay teased. "Whatcha think about that?"

"Hmph, tempting but I don't think skirts are my style." Midoriya chuckled. "It would just look weird on me."

"Chatora doesn't have an issue with it."

"Yeah but, I mean he's your teammate I doubt he would have much to say about it. If that goes on me however I'd probably make it look worse."

"Look worse? So it's a bad outfit to begin with? Wooooooow."

"No heh that's not what I meant-"

"Woooooow."

"Sosaki come on I didn't-"

"WOOOOOOOOOW."

"Okay now you're just exaggerating."

"Me? Exaggerate? Nooooo." Mandalay scooted herself out from her side of the booth, taking her phone out of her handbag while she was at it. "What an awful assumption to make Midoriya, assumptions are a bad habit. Should drop them. Be back, gotta use the ladies'. No peeping."

Midoriya smirked as Mandalay walked off towards the restroom area, the former sighing with hands clasping on the table. Pitter patter noises came from the window on his right due to the increasing amount of rain, hopefully it would end before the two decided to take off for the night. Tonight the student was distracted, and not because he was constantly worried that he didn't write enough for the letter to his mother. No that didn't even come close to what he kept thinking about in his head.

The words 'like', and 'Mandalay'. A terrible duo that kept wreaking havoc across the plains of his mind.

That wasn't possible was it? Those two words having any form of synchronization? By this point after spending a good bit of time with the Pussycat and of course attending school he was certain that he did in fact have a thing for older women. Midnight was solid evidence of that. But to have more of that interest be guided to somebody such as Mandalay? Well, he probably shouldn't be surprised due to the evidence laid out on the table. She's good looking, he can open up to her without issue, she's there for him to vent to if need be, there really wasn't much else he could ask for if he were to fall for somebody other than those three statements.

Were these even feelings to begin with, or were they something that he's overthinking? No way in hell does he see Mandalay having something for a guy like him anyways so what would be the point in continuing to think about this. Wishful thinking? Probably, seems like the best answer for a question such as that.

"Soooo, looks like Shino's picked up a new man huh?" A voice came from Midoriya's left as he broke out of his thoughts and turned to that direction. Standing just outside of a booth was a man with short and spiky red hair, glasses accompanying his formal look of a vest over a white long sleeve shirt. "You know I knew she was into younger guys but to pick out somebody like you? Seems like an all time low if you ask me."

"Uhh, I-I'm sorry." Midoriya stuttered. "Who are you?"

"Ehh just an old friend of Shino's, nothing to worry about. I was just about to take my leave with my new girlfriend when I saw you and Shino sittin' over here, thought I'd stop by and say hello. When she gets back tell her Kenzo stopped by yeah? Later."

The man flashed a peace sign before stepping away from the booth and heading for the entrance of the restaurant. Midoriya turned over his shoulder and watched them all the way up until they stepped outside the front doors. Something about that man seemed odd, seemed fake. He couldn't quite put a finger on it but if he had to give the closest explanation possible it would be like having a side angle of somebody who was wearing a mask. Weird.

"I'm back, did you miss me?" Mandalay joked as she slid back into her end of the booth. "Did little baby get lonely without me?"

"Don't know about that." Midoriya answered while turning away from the entrance. "Hey uh, Sosaki? While you were in the restroom this guy came up to me and claimed that he's an old friend of yours, he had to leave though but he wanted me to say hi for him."

"Oh yeah? And who might that be?"

"Said his name was Kenzo."

"...you're kidding."

"No?"

Mandalay sighed, plopping her forehead onto the palms of her propped hands. A few moments of staying in that position led into her reaching for her margarita and finishing what was left in the glass in a single go. When bringing the glass down there was a bit of force in her action and it caused Midoriya to slightly jolt at the sound that was made. "Nice."

"Sosaki?"

"Kenzo Hasashi isn't an old friend, he isn't even my friend to begin with. He's my ex-boyfriend."

"Ohhhhh." Midoriya sounded. "Was he, not, a good one?"

"Hmph, he was an absolute nightmare. He's the reason as to why I don't recommend being in a relationship when it comes to heroes like you and me."

"Setting the bar? That can't be good. What happened?"

"He showed his true self, that's what happened." Mandalay explained. "When I first met Hasashi he seemed really sweet, kind. He's a businessman who plays around in the field of selling Quirk support items to heroes, support companies, anybody in the field of getting their hands on those items. And he's pretty darn good at what he does. Hasashi and I met when I attended a convention of support items being hosted by the Safety Commission, he was one of the people in charge for advertising and marketing the items to heroes. He was a smooth talker, good-looking, it didn't take long for he and I to grow close.

Eventually after several months of talking we decided to take the next step and enter a relationship. It was a little difficult at first trying to balance hero work and a love life but we managed to skate by in the end. There was a little more difficulty in it since Hasashi wasn't a hero like I was he was just a businessman among the civilian population but it worked out, somewhat. Things were good at first we spent time with each other, went on dates and did all the other stuff that couples would usually do. But then out of nowhere he just started to, sour on me.

It was subtle at first but as time went on I started to pick up on hints that he wasn't who he proclaimed himself to be. For starters Hasashi said that he enjoyed spending time with kids but whenever Kota was around he would always try to steer Kota away from us so that Hasashi could get to me. Then shortly after that I realized that he was asking for more...intimate, time with me. Every few weeks turned into every other weekend, and every other weekend turned into every weekend. I became frustrated in seeing that he was only ever happy whenever he and I were having intimate moments, him trying to steer my nephew away from me and on top of all that he didn't even pay any attention to my teammates.

One day Hasashi came up to me saying that I should move out of the Pussycats' Hub and into his apartment so that he and I could get intimate every day, and at that point is when I had enough and put my foot down. I snapped at him and asked him if he ever cared about anything else other than to have sex with me and instead of answering he tried to avoid the question by saying I was tired and I didn't know what I was talking about. I told him about the signs I was catching onto, his change in behavior and attitude, even the fact that the first thing he mentioned when moving into his new apartment would be to have sex. Enough was enough I said, and if he didn't want to put in the effort to spend time with me outside of the bedroom then we should end it and go our separate ways.

He didn't hesitate in making that decision, so we broke up and went on with our lives."

"Wow. I'm, really sorry your relationship turned out like that. Nothing but sexual intimacy and not wanting to spend time outside of that must not have been pleasant for you. Was that your last relationship?"

"Last, and my first. This was a few years ago so I'm not so stuck about it like I used to be but every time I hear that name, UGH. It reminds me of all those days where I had to deal with him and his advances."

"That sucks. I really wish this world didn't have people like that." Midoriya commented. "Sometimes people look at somebody and see what they have to offer only on the surface when in reality it's a lot better than that on the inside, I mean look at you. Outside of your looks you're really kind, I can trust you enough that I can tell you stuff I don't even tell my mom, and you're a great person to be around with. Isn't that enough?"

"Oh? Do I meet what you're looking for in a girlfriend Midoriya?" Mandalay teased with flirty eyebrow raises. "You know if you're looking for a date I might be willing to try something out."

"Heh, no I'm not looking for anything like that Sosaki. I'm just saying that guys, and girls I guess since it might also apply to them, shouldn't settle for somebody for what they have on the surface but rather for what they have on the inside. It should be as simple as that why do people go into relationships and only think about sex when there's more than that."

"Some people are just like that, nothing we could do about it. It's not a bad thing to share intimacy with your partner but to be doing it so frequently just takes away so much between the two. I think a bigger aspect that needs to be taken from this is to KNOW the person you're dating and be aware of the signs that may show early on. As time had passed and I thought about it, I realized I was pretty stupid for not seeing the signs earlier than when I noticed, and I think it was due to the fact that it was my first relationship that I pay too much attention to it. Well, lessons learned. The hard way but sometimes the hard way is better than the easy way. Just how life works."

"Well if you do end up being in another relationship, I hope it goes a lot better for you than your last one. Whoever the guy is should consider themselves lucky being with you."

"Sounds to me like you want to be that guy Midoriya."

"Hmph, maybe in another life."

A flicker and the heavy sound of the rain on the window drew their attention, followed up by the complete turn off of the restaurant lights. It was here with the wave of silence that washed over the occupants for a moment that Midoriya realized how intense it had gotten outside. The light pitter patter of rainfall had turned into heavy thumps against the glass and it took nearly half a minute before the lights were able to turn back on. In the distance, a heavy and booming thunder clap was heard just before the volume of a busy restaurant had picked back up.

"Huh, now that doesn't seem fun." Mandalay commented as she peered outside the window and found nothing but a dark city being volleyed by a storm of heavy rain. "Wonder where all this rain decided to show up from."

"Augh, crap. I just opened up my phone and got a recommendation to stay indoors until the heavy rain is gone." Midoriya informed. "Said it's supposed to last until....THREE IN THE MORNING?! But it's barely nine right now."

"WOW. That, that's something out of left field. This storm decided to make one hell of a surprise appearance. Not to mention, we gotta get you back to U.A soon."

"Well, maybe not. If they hear that I'm with a hero like you I'm sure they'll be able to excuse me arriving back to school past my curfew, or even the next morning judging by how heavy the rain is. Plus I'm not really worried about me, what about you? Are you going to be able to head back home Sosaki?"

"In this kind of weather? Definitely not, if the wind doesn't drag me away I'm sure the rain would drown me to finish the job. We could hunker down somewhere else for the time being and if you need me to I'll vouch for your whereabouts. I think there's a hotel nearby that I can rent for the night and if the rain passes earlier than what's broadcasted we wouldn't have to wait until morning. Hang on lemme search for it, I think it's in this area."

*BZZT*

"Hm, that might actually be U.A." Midoriya's phone was pulled from his right pocket as Mandalay took to her own in search of the location where she thinks would provide a temporary refuge from the storm. "Hello?"

"Deku. Are you okay?"

"Uraraka? Yeah I'm okay why?"

"Oh thank goodness, just this storm kinda showed up out nowhere and I remembered you were still out there doing whatever it is that you're doing."

"No I'm okay, I'm dry for the time being hmph. Though, I might arrive back to the dorms late or even until tomorrow morning depending on how things go. Could you tell Iida or Yaoyorozu for me please?"

"Sure! We're all watching a movie in the common area so I'll get right to it. Be safe out there."

"Bye."

*BEEP

"Anything?"

"Heh, well, it's definitely a hotel." Mandalay chuckled, though something about her chuckle did not sit all too well with Midoriya. The woman sighed and shook her head before turning her phone around to show the screen. "Just uh, not the kind I thought was in this area."

Midoriya squinted into the screen to find a location search of nearby hotels with one ping showing up only a block away. When reading the name of the location however he felt his body tense up and a rosy tint dust his cheeks. "Oh...crap."

Funtime LOVEtime HOTEL!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

437K 27.5K 91
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
13.8K 312 12
Takes place just before the hero course training summer camp. Izuku and Momo have been dating for close to a month now and have known each other for...
37.3K 639 11
After WATTPAD!!! had decided to delete this story OUT OF NOWHERE, I and many reader were distraught!! So I'm making a remake of the story from the gr...
2.5K 106 11
❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠...