RED

By dreamquisite

❝And I can see the sirens on his eyes, the poison on his lips, the burns of his touches, and yet I embraced h... More

RED
PRELUDE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 27

5K 255 116
By dreamquisite

The lunch table is filled with observing eyes—secretly glancing and darting to the pair who suddenly embraced the world of soulmates.

For Ryujin and Yuna, they're not that surprised anymore, prior to what happened yesterday.

Meanwhile, Mark and Jeno are still in the process of understanding the art of Lee Donghyuck's character development, which they didn't believe would flash before their eyes.

Don't get them wrong; they're so proud and relieved, really. They're not just used to their cousin, who's now willingly sharing a table with only one girl and doesn't have any counts of his flings anymore.

Mark and Jeno shared a look, then they shrugged and just continued eating. Out of the six of them, these two have the most similar thinking about this situation.

"Anyway, it's dad's birthday; we are expected to come," Yuna said after she read her mom's message.

"I have assignments to finish," Ryujin grumbled.

"Was it the calculus one? I can lend mine," Mark offered.

Ryujin beamed like she just got a life savior. "May you have a perfect life with your soulmate!"

"I'm planning to go to Hyuck's and bond with his sister," Gayoon told.

Jeno wolf-whistled, "I still can't believe that you're good now."

"Best luck with Yi's company; she's the greatest megaphone of all time," Mark added in a chuckle.

"Wait, how did you both meet?" Jeno interjected.

Donghyuck rolled his eyes and said, "Long story." He then looked at the girl beside him and said, "But it's fine; I can tell her that you have family matters to do."

"I think she'll frown the whole time. She looked so excited earlier."

"Well, maybe you can stay there for awhile, then go to the family house by eight?" Yuna suggested.

"That'll do. I'll drive her there; don't worry," Donghyuck agreed.

"Wouldn't that be a hassle? I'll just book a cab."

"No can do." Donghyuck flashed a small yet warning smile, dismissing the topic.

In the end, Gayoon did agree (as she had no choice), and then the six were off to their respective classes after lunch.

5:30 PM|

The pair is now on their way to the male's unit after buying ingredients for cookies, which the younger girl requested.

Gayoon also seems excited based on the aura she gives off, mirroring Donghyuck's mood as he is affected by it.

Along the way, Donghyuck explained how energetic his sister can be, especially since the visitor is a very important person whom she wants to meet.

Gayoon can just laugh at his random stories and small facts about the girl, though she also notices the small smile on his lips all throughout the talk.

Donghyuck adores Yizhuo so much, and it shows. He has that proud brotherly tone, and every story consists of him and his bubbly sister.

That made Gayoon think that Donghyuck cherishes those memories so much—either big or small.

It was almost 6 when they finally arrived.

She knows the Lee family is rich in both old and new money, but she never searched for how they run a business.

Donghyuck is living on one of their family's residential properties—a 40-story condominium building filled with different commercial establishments around it.

One look and you'll already know that this expense is worth a million, and any of the materials are of high quality.

"This is nothing much. After all, our families are the same." Donghyuck spoke just right behind her, a hand on her waist guiding her on the way.

They got off on the 6th floor, then directly headed to the very last room on the right.

"The view at night is the best here in this spot. Not too high, yet satisfying," Donghyuck said, then keyed his passcode, "6600."

"What?"

The door was unlocked, and Donghyuck smiled at her. "My passcode."

Gayoon blushed at that, raising the fact that the male just openly shared his unit passcode.

He's crazy! Imagine being a hopeless soulmate before, and then, just one tip of her breakdown, his personality turned 360.

That ring from the door unlocking also activated a wild pterodactyl inside, though. It was then followed by big running footsteps, greeting the newly arrived pair.

"Put the groceries in."

"EONNIE!" Yizhuo squealed and ran to Gayoon for a tight hug, completely ignoring Donghyuck.

Gayoon laughed and hugged back, "Hi baby."

Donghyuck clicked his tongue and messed the girl's hair. "The groceries, young lady."

"My hair! I hate you!"

"You don't."

"Now kids, let's settle down so we can have cookies early, okay?" Gayoon mused.

"Okay!" Yizhuo enthusiastically responded and ran to the kitchen with the grocery bags.

"Yes, mommy." A deep voice hit close to her ear, making her flinch.

"Fuck you, what was that!?" she whispered while hitting his arm.

Donghyuck can just laugh, taking off his jacket and then stepping close to her, making her back up to the wall.

"It's your first time here, so..." he inched his face closer and smirked when her eyes trembled under him.

Donghyuck pressed a lingering kiss on her lips, pulling away with a small grin as he purposely remained in heavy eye contact.

"Welcome home," he whispered, then turned his back, walking to his space further.

Yep, still a fucker.

After all the mess, screams, and sets of I give up and I don't want to do it, they finally finished the two trays of chocolate chip cookies.

Yizhuo is somehow covered in flour, as Donghyuck is the same on his hair.

Gayoon is the only one who is literally relaxed and unbothered among the three, only telling the two to stop messing around as all they have to do is wait for the final product.

Yizhuo had already gone to the shower first, while Donghyuck looks like a kid being nagged by his mom.

"She started it; you saw it too," he retorted.

"Doesn't that mean you'll forcibly drop her face on the flour? Are you insane?"

"Fine, I'll clean up the whole mess. Stop nagging," he whined.

His ear just got pinched, though, making him beg for it and promise to act accordingly.

"Hey, it's almost eight," Donghyuck quipped when his eyes landed on the wall clock.

"It's not completely baked yet." Gayoon frowned.

"It's okay, I'll pack some for you tomorrow, hm?"

"You're leaving?" Yizhuo emerged from the shower with a pout. "This soon?"

"It's my uncle's birthday; we have a family dinner." Gayoon apologetically smiled.

"Stay here; I'll shower real quick." Donghyuck hurriedly walked to his room.

"Is he mean to you?" Yizhuo suddenly asked after awhile of silence.

"Well, I can't say no; I honestly came to the point where I thought we had no hope."

"I'm so sorry for him." Yizhuo frowned. "Hyuck-oppa is very sweet, I promise! His family is just... broken and traumatizing for him. His actions are valid and understandable at first, but I'm really sorry if he stepped out of the line."

"His family?"

Yizhuo smiled. "I'm actually adopted."

Gayoon's eyes widened in panic.

"It's okay, mama and Hyuckie treat me equally as one of them, so I don't have any complaints. Plus, I forgot my biological parents. The only thing I remember is they separated and mom left me on the orphanage. My real name is Ning Yizhuo, and I'm Chinese."

"I really don't know what to say."

"You shouldn't get it on you; I'm fine and happy! What matters most is that you and oppa are good now. Also, I can see that the soulmate bond is working differently now; you two have already kissed, don't you!?"

Gayoon's face flushed. "It's not that big of a of a deal."

"Oppa is the biggest red flag I know, but I'm sure he'll leave that life behind now that he has you."

"You think so?"

"I know so! This is Yizhuo's radar; everything I say is true."

Gayoon just flashed a grateful smile.

"You're still doubting him, don't you?"

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." Gayoon sighed. "It's a rollercoaster of emotions with him, and he already has this big impression in me. What if one day he'll realize that this life is not for him? What if he'll start craving the freedom he once had? What if he'll leave me? What if..." she felt her tears start to blur her eyes. "I'm just scared to experience it again, you know? It's just been days since the soulmate bond works for the both of us. I'm scared to lose my empathy, and most especially, I don't wanna lose him when he's already on arms length."

Yizhuo can just hug her for comfort, sighing as she too doesn't want the worst to happen. The bond also scares her; its punishment is a grave for her.

No words are needed—just two people who don't want to end up with no happiness written on their souls.

"Everything will be alright; I know oppa is a good person; believe me, I've seen it. Just hang in there, eonnie. Please give my brother a chance too—oh, uh, I smell cookies."

They ended up in a laugh and dropped the emotional scenario, hurriedly going to the kitchen to check the cookies.

🥺🥺🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 10.2K 62
ㅡ makeup artist。 ㅡ 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐮。 lee donghyuck, a mischievous star that turns us all lovestruck by his charms, finds hi...
99.3K 4.3K 30
❝was the fame worth our friendship?❞ ꒰ when a childhood love story finally gets to blossom as donghyuck comes home from seoul. he knows his feelings...
773K 31.6K 80
my heart belongs to you. cringe! mafia and soulmate au. mature content. sequel :: always you a haechan fanfiction. haechan ___ you series :: the beg...
131K 4.7K 31
markhyuck ┅ fuck drugs, have you ever been addicted to you best friend? ❝this is a healthy addiction.❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 3.13.22 markhyuck fanfiction. ©...