Son Of The Bat (Son of Batman...

By KATA1G1DA

Y/N Wayne, the son of Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne. Welcome to his story of how he conquers Gotham and becomes... More

Timeline
Arc 1 - Son Of The Bat
Prologue.1
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 4.1
Chapter 5.1
Arc 2 - Nightwing
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 2.2
Chapter 3.2
Chapter 4.2
Chapter 5.2
Chapter 6.2
Arc 0 - Collapse (Must Read Info)
Chapter 1.0
Chapter 2.0
Chapter 3.0
Chapter 4.0
Chapter 5.0
Chapter 6.0
Chapter 7.0
Chapter 8.0
Chapter 9.0
Chapter 10.0
Chapter 11.0
Chapter 12.0
Chapter 13.0
Chapter 14.0
Chapter 15.0
Arc 3 - Judas
Prologue.3
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 2.3
Chapt,er 3.3
Chapter 4.3
Chapter 6.3
Chapter 7.3
Chapter 8.3
Chapter 9.3
Announcement
Arc 4 - Apokolips
Chapter 1.4
Chapter 2.4
Chapter 3.4
Chapter 4.4
Chapter 5.4
Chapter 6.4
Chapter 7.4
Chapter 8.4
Chapter 9.4
Author's Note

Chapter 5.3

108 4 0
By KATA1G1DA

    At the bottom of the tower, the Titans deployed. Kory flew forward, followed by Jason's bike. Eagle Gar, Rachel, Jaime and Tara all flew after them. They made it inland and moved through a building. "Careful. Watch your spacing."

Kory guided them, flying at the helm of the group. She stopped by a brick wall, looking around it to see a large warehouse type lab. A ways away a man in white robes stood near a bright monitor. Whatever it was he was working on, it was 100% finished. "Any idea what that gizmo is?"

Gar was in mouse form, sitting on Jason's shoulder as he peeked around the corner. "Nothing good." Jason replied as a button was pressed. "He's deleting. I vote we stop that." Rachel said. "That makes two of us." Jaime added, and the bug was in, too: "Okay, three."

The scientist flinched as a blast from Starfire narrowly missed him. "Step away from the computer. You won't be hurt." Kory ordered, and he turned, seeing the Teen Titans. And instead of listening, he hit a button and a buzzer sounded.

Panels on the wall opened and spat out drones. As the Titans scattered, the scientist ran to his desk and started to shove files into his briefcase, and he initiated a self-destruct on the computers. Jason and Gar ran between crates as the ball shaped drones fired at them.

Gar jumped from wall to wall, morphing into an animal and smashing the droids beneath his feet. More came, and he rolled as an armadillo, morphing into a gorilla and smashing them.

Terra had no cover, so she decided to make some by shooting out walls of rock. Then she swung a boulder around, crashing into the three drones firing on her. Beetle used her cover, too. He rolled as more drones came for a fly by, flying into the air and returning his own fire.

He landed on a catwalk in the air, and aimed at two more drones. But Starfire caught them and smashed them on the wall. She turned around, seeing the scientist disappear around a corner. "Go after him. I'll cover you." Rachel took the order, flying after the robed man as Kory blasted more robots.

The scientist ran down a sidewalk, not realizing who he had following him. She shut her eyes, and then they suddenly began to glow purple as Rachel looked towards her target.

Inside, three more droids were firing on Tara and Gar. They ran between crates as Tara gave them some cover. "We should have stayed at the party." Gar said, but he was interrupted by a batarang flying at the droids. "Quit complaining." Red Hood ran past, jumping off the rocks Terra had made and shooting through the remaining two drones at point blank range.

The three of them ran through the warehouse as Jaime gave cover fire from the catwalks. But more droids came. "Uh oh." An explosion could be seen from outside as Jaime landed in the street, bouncing to his feet. He looked up, seeing three drones targeting him. "Oh, you wanna play?"

Two cannons rose from his shoulders and incinerated the droids. The rest of the Titans were outside, watching as the blast died down. "That's it?" Tara asked, "Lame." Rachel approached, holding energy blades around the scientist's neck, both oblivious to one of the drones that survived turning on the ground. "What do you wanna ask him first?"

A gunshot rang out and a hole was ripped through the robed man's chest. Jaime managed to return the blast before anyone else was hurt. Slade Wilson had targeted the shot, and he watched as the drone's camera turned to static.

The Titans stood there, looking at the smoking hole in the scientist's back. "Bad luck for him," Jaime said. "At least it wasn't one of us." Kory kneeled down, grabbing a photo from the spilled contents of the man's case. "Yes. Bad luck. That we couldn't speak with him about these."

She held candid photos of the Titans. Red Hood on his bike in an old costume, Y/n and Rachel at the carnival last year, all of them there. "Maybe he was a fan?" Gar questioned. Nobody noticed how Tara looked away. But these photos were from last year.

They had them all spread out. Photos and files dating at most a year back. The three previously mentioned, one of Rachel using her powers so that there was a wall of purple energy behind her, one of Gar, and another of him and Jaime. There was even a photo of Y/n in Gotham, walking on the street in civilian clothes. "Is it really a surprise they would study us?"

Kory asked Jason, who was looking over the photos and files, she was next to him. "We've been defeating them for months. And you've had run-ins even before that." "But this stuff is so in-depth. Things on genetic make-up. Theories on Raven's power, Beast Boy's as well. Jaime's suit too. Are they trying to figure out our weaknesses?" "We need to get Nightwing back here."

Jason looked over at her. "You know how stubborn he can be. And if he's working through some stuff, then he'll only put himself and the team in danger," Jason looked at her sternly, but Kory didn't budge, "He's a Titan. He needs to be here."

Rachel, Tara and Gar sat in the common room, picking at the remainder of the cake. "Nothing like laser spewing HIVE drones to take you out of the party mood." "I'm beat." Jaime added, leaning against the wall near them. "And I'm making lunch at the center tomorrow."

Jaime spoke of the homeless center he's been volunteering at. He and Rachel walked off. "In more exciting news, I've been invited to be on Kevin Smith's podcast at MetroCon tomorrow!" Gar read from his phone. But Tara stayed resting her head on her hand, looking deep in thought. "Hold up."

Jason caught everyone before they left, Kory too, and he said: "Starfire's got something to say." She smiled at him, remembering their conversation from the apartment. "With what we discovered tonight, we all need to be extra vigilant. And not take any chances." She spoke to the group. "Are you kidding me? It's Kevin Smith."

Gar stood up from the counter in protest. "I didn't say 'don't do what you have planned', but keep your eyes and commlines open at all times. I have a feeling whatever Blood is planning, tonight is just a prelude." And yet again, nobody noticed Tara looking away, almost in shame.

She sat on the beach afterwards, throwing rocks out into the ocean, skipping them hundreds of yards with the help of her powers. Tara held her knees close to her chest, looking out almost regretful. Until a frog jumped onto the rocks next to her, and she realized it was Gar before looking back down.

They were silent, both looking at the water until Gar spoke, "Sorry your party was interrupted." "That's the way it goes." "Don't let all that talk back there shake you up. You know I got your back." "It's other stuff." "Like what?"

Tara looked at him, surprised he actually wanted to help. Gar transformed into a bunny, "I'm all ears." Tara gave him a small smile and Gar morphed back into human shape, sitting on the rocks. "You have a pretty smile."

Tara looked away, her emotions conflicted as Gar didn't stop smiling slightly. "Do you know how I became an orphan?" Gar scratched the back of his neck, "Uh... your parents died?" "No, after I got powers, they freaked. Thought I was possessed, or something." "I'm sorry..."

Tara turned away, her back facing Gar as she threw another rock. "Don't be. I don't need your pity." "It can be a bond, you know? Everyone in the team's had it rough." "Yeah, I can tell Princess Sparkles knows all about eating from a dumpster." "Kory's a refugee being stalked by her homicidal sister." "Jaime has a family that loves him."

Tara thought she won, until Gar proved her wrong. "And, because of the bug, odds are he's never seeing them face to face again." "Oh, and what about the rich kid, king of nightmares and angst?" "Nobody knows, really. Whatever he went through messed him up a lot. He doesn't talk about it. But whatever it is, the scars he has... I don't want to think about it."

Tara looked at Gar, but it was his turn to look back out to the water. "I think pain is what makes a hero. It's like a pressure that either forms a diamond, or grinds you into dust..." "But what about you, chuckles?"

Gar turned back to her. "Aside from an unhealthy online presence, you're normal." Gar's reply was pointing to himself, as to say 'I have pointy ears and green skin'. "Yeah, you're green. You wouldn't change it if you could. You like the attention. Besides, it looks okay on you."

He smiled at her, and silence ensued, not even broken by the sounds of the beach. They stared into each other's eyes. And Gar leaned in, and they kissed. Tara put her hand to his cheek, and all the rocks nearby floated a few inches in the air. When they seperated, all Gar could say was, "Wow. You didn't kill me." "This time. Don't get used to it, jerk."

She leaned in, and the kiss was quicker this time. Mainly because Gar sprang up and ran across the beach. "Yes! Yeah! Whoo!" He jumped and ran and cheered as various animals, and all Tara could do was watch, smiling to herself. "Nice play."

Slade spoke from her comline, and Tara almost jumped. "Almost bought it myself. We move tomorrow." Gar landed and ran over to her, ready for another kiss, but she stopped him. "I'm tired, Gar." "Yeah, sure. Totally get it." Tara began to walk off. "See you tomorrow. And the next day... whoo!" He was so happy with himself he didn't even notice Tara's conflicted feelings. Does she go through with her plans and side with Deathstroke? Or renounce him and side with the Titans?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 195 28
oneshots of our favorite batfamily REQUESTS ARE OPENED! they/them pronouns includes(current): -dick grayson -jason todd -tim drake -damian wayne -ste...
156K 3.8K 15
Sevanna was the delinquent, the disappointment, the failure of a Wayne. She was always left out, yelled at, given up on, deemed useless, ignored. Nob...
1K 21 30
Takes place in the Justice League: War/Son of Batman movieverse, post the Justice League vs. Teen Titans, and pre-Justice League Dark. Selina Kyle (C...
37.2K 1.2K 12
Who really trained Damien? Was it Bruce, or was it Dick? Well, surprisingly, Dick Grayson is the actual mentor of Damien Wayne, Cassandra Cain, and S...