His Final Riddle

Galing kay LunaModeGreen

This is the second book in The Last Riddle series. Please read The Last Riddle before this. Spoilers for Th... Higit pa

1. Alone
2. Hello Father
3. The Malfoy's garden party
5. The Slug Club
6. Walk proud and high
7. Mood swings
8. Romeo and Juliet
9. Christmas Slugs
10. Free will is a gift
11. I will be stronger
12. Remember your place
13. Lets start with a bang
14. Poisoned glances
15. Happy 17th birthday
16. I will choose you, every time
UPDATE
17. House elf spies
18. Sleep well
19. We work together or not at all
20. To win the war, sacrifices have to be made.
21. Leave it all behind
22. Puzzle piece
23. Oceans of Narcissus
24. There is sense of charity in a quick death
25. Fathers will
26. The French Revolution
27. The party and the wedding
28. The prodigal son returns
29. A messy Nott of chaos
30. Zombie eyes
31. The aftermath
32. Father's will
33. Sicilian Summer

4. Lovers to enemies to what?

1.1K 39 6
Galing kay LunaModeGreen

"Mmph" I kick my legs out restlessly and feel something trapping me.

I reach down expecting to feel my normal pyjama shorts and instead feel tulle. Lots of tulle.

I look at my legs and see my dress from yesterday flayed out in the bed. I tug annoyed at the tightness of the bodice and curse myself for not changing before going to sleep. I roll onto my side and freeze as my nose hits another persons nose.

Slowly I pull my head backwards as my eyes take in Theo's sleeping face. The blanket is pulled up over his shoulders and his breaths are heavy and deep.

I gently lift my body out of the bed attempting not to wake him in any way. As I tip toe from the room I look over to the door of the en-suite bathroom and see a very familiar pair of suit trousers. I open the door as my cheeks grow pink at the idea that Theo is in my bed without his trousers on.

As I close the door to my bedroom a sudden wave of sickness hits me, my head begins to spin and I can feel in my stomach that something isn't right.

"Fuck" I grab the wall as the bile in my throat rises.

Of course I have a hangover. Drinking bottle after bottle of champagne will do that to you I suppose.

I stumble my way to the kitchen desperate for some water or just anything to get rid of the dry burning sensation in my throat. My bare feet slap the large marble tiles in the kitchen and suddenly noise hits me. I turn the corner and see so many house elves doing various tasks such as chopping, slicing, stirring and dicing up food.

I clutch the doorframe as I look inside the smoky area, the smell of bacon hits me. My stomach begins to churn and it takes every ounce of effort to not throw up.

"Excuse me" my voice is hoarse as I call out desperately to anyone who can hear me.

The house elves carry on obviously unable to hear me and too absorbed in their work to see me.

I sigh and grab onto the doorframe even tighter "excuse me!" My voice is much louder this time and sends a shooting pain through my head I clutch a hand to my forehead as about twenty little heads turn to me their eyes wide with surprise.

"Oh Miss Angelica!" Little voices all over lap as they all start to fuss over me. I smile down at the small group and wave my hand in greeting at them all.

"Hi everyone, sorry I don't mean to bother you but I was hoping you guys could help me." I take a deep breath through my nose as a wave of nausea hits me. "Can someone please get me a massive glass of water" I look around "and also...I don't suppose you guys have any hangover cures of any sort do you please?"

All the house elves begin to move at once a flurry of small hands and snapping fingers as spells fly about the room. One of the house elves leads me over to a stool in the corner handing me a glass of water. I sit down grateful to be off my feet, I gently rest my forehead against the wall and close my eyes. My breaths grow slower as I feel myself relaxing more and more, the cold tiled wall relives my headache and the noise of the house elves moving around is soothing and makes for relaxing background noise.

A hand clasps my shoulder shaking it gently "Angelica?"

I open my eyes slowly and look up with half opened eyelids. Draco stands above me a slight smirk on his face as he looks down at me his hand still on my shoulder.

Confused I look around to see several houses elves standing still all staring at me with wide eyes. I whip my head back to Draco and stand up quickly as embarrassment rolls through me.

"How long have I been here?" The words fall from my mouth as I grab my forehead in pain. Why did I stand up so fast, that was not a good idea.

Draco seems to be holding back a laugh as he looks me over "don't ask me, I just came in to ask what was for lunch. I turned the corner and saw you asleep on the stool." He looks me up and down slowly "well judging from your outfit I would assume you've been here all night." He laughs as he takes in my expression.

I roll my eyes and reach forward for the large glass of water besides me, taking a massive gulp I shake my head at Draco. "I haven't been here all night you prick."

One of the house elves comes running over to me holding a large goblet of green fluid. It bubbles slightly and there is a strange consistency at the top of it, a bit like the way oil looks when it spills in water.

"Miss Angelica, here is the hangover cure you requested." The house elf smiles widely as they pass it to me.

Draco bursts out laughing at this and takes the goblet from the house elf. "Thanks Perfly, I'll escort Miss Angelica back to her room."

I smile softly at the house elves "thank you all for your help." I turn to look at Draco with a deep scowl on my face, grabbing the hangover cure from his hands I stomp out of the kitchen still feeling extremely embarrassed.

I walk up the stairs and cross the landing as quickly as I can whilst forcing the vomit in my stomach to stay down.

"Ang wait" Draco laughs loudly as he jogs to keep up with me. He falls into stride besides me as we walk down the long hallway towards my bedroom. "I was only kidding, I'm sorry." He throws his arm casually around my shoulders and forces me to slow my pace down, he takes the goblet back from my hand and holds it for me.

Anger rolls through me as we reach my bedroom door, I turn to the side and throw his arm away from me.

"Where the hell were you?" My voice comes out full of resentment and the words taste bitter on my tongue. I suppose that could just be the hangover breath though.

Draco's smile drops and his face grows sad "I'm sorry." He runs a hand through his hair and he walks towards my bedroom door.

I sigh and walk besides him my feet dragging along the floor. Merlin I really do not have the energy for this today.

Draco stops outside my door offering me a weak smile "I'm sorry I didn't come yesterday. I've had a lot on my mind." His smile drops and his face grows serious "I can't explain but please just know there was no where else I would have rather of been yesterday then there with you and the others."

I shake my head "no others. It was just me and Theo yesterday."

Draco raises an eyebrow "just the two of you? What did you end up doing all night then?"

I simply shrug "nothing special."

Draco's eyebrows furrow as he looks at me, a heavy silence falls between us until a sound from my left causes my head to turn.

Theo opens my bedroom door his suit trousers the only thing on his body. His eyes are swollen and his hair is stuck up at all angles where he has obviously just woken up. His eyes widen slightly as he takes Draco and I in before before a smirk takes over his face.

"Good morning" Theo looks at the drink in Draco's hand "is that for me?"

I turn towards Draco and the expression on his makes a chill pass through me. The anger is so clear in his eyes and his jaw is tensed as he glares at Theo.

Draco turns to me his eyebrow raised "nothing special?"

I feel my cheeks flare "don't jump to assumptions Draco. Theo crashed in my room because we drank so much champagne last night. That's it."

Draco laughs dryly "whatever. You have no need to defend yourself Angelica." He thrusts the glass into my hand before stepping away from me "it's not like we are dating right? I don't give a fuck who you decide to shag." He looks at me one last time before turning and walking down the hallway.

Theo sighs "well that was unnecessarily dramatic wasn't it."

I roll my eyes "hmm."

"Anyway I'm bored, hungover and tired." Theo pats me on the shoulder "I'll see you later, I need to go home and sleep my troubles away." He waves at me before walking off in the same direction as Draco.

I groan loudly as I take a large gulp of the potion in my hand. Merlin knows I need it now more than ever, boy drama just seems to make the hangover worse somehow.

"Angelica?" Narcissa calls my name as I stop swimming in their large green tiled indoor pool.

"I'm over here" I call as she walks further into the darkened space.

The dark walls and ruin style brick work creates a dark glow in the room, the pile of pillar candles in the corner throw shadows around the space. The pool seems as though it has dark green water inside of it but really it is just the tiles that create the effect. If you were to first walk into the room your eyes would have to adjust for several seconds before you were able to spot me in the body of water.

I swim to the edge closest to her and pull myself half out of the pool, resting my arms on the edge of it.

"There you are dear" Mrs Malfoy smiles at me warmly "I wasn't sure where to look for you truthfully."

"Sorry it was just such a hot night last night that I thought a morning swim might cool me down." I reach for my goblet of water on the side and take a drink of it. "What was it you needed from me?"

"Oh yes. Your father has requested that I take you and Draco to Diagon Alley today, I think Draco needs to run an errand and whilst he does that you and I can do some back to school shopping?" She straightens up "I need to get back inside now but I'll see you in the main dining room in two hours." She turns on her heel and walks quickly from the pool back to the manor.

I laugh at the fact that Narcissa didn't even give me time to disagree, that seems to be a very Malfoy move. Pulling myself out of the water I grab my towel and begin the walk into the manor. Water drips on the floor as I cross the patio of the garden.

"Morning" a voice causes me to jump and the towel falls from my body. The cold air hits me as I am now left in just a wet bikini.

I turn around as I reach for my towel squeezing my hair with it. Draco sits on the stone bench looking out across the grass, his wand passes through his fingers as he mindlessly plays with it.

I smile at him as the sun beats down on the both of us, the coolness from the pool is already wearing off and I can feel the unusually high temperature passing through my body.

I smile tightly at him as I wrap the towel back around my shoulders leaving it to drape down my chest.

"Morning Malfoy" I begin to turn away when he stops me.

"So we are back to surnames are we?"

I turn to him with my eyebrow raised, there is a light glimmer of humour on his face as he squints one of his eyes at me. The sun is obviously blocking his vision so I move towards him taking the seat besides him. I place the towel down first on the hard bench so it doesn't scrape my bare thighs.

I cross my arms and lean forward slightly "I didn't know where we stand truthfully. You go from loving me to hating me to being completely indifferent with me. I can't stand it anymore." I look to him as my wet hair sticks to my back "it's tiring all this going back and forth with you. I miss you being my friend, being there for me and not shouting at me or suddenly being cold towards me."

Draco smiles "well we've never exactly had a normal friendship have we?"

I laugh softly "no I suppose not."

A comfortable silence settles between us and the sounds of birds soothe me.

Draco sighs "I want to be your friend Angelica. I think we are both going to need each other a lot this year, and I'm really going to struggle just staying your friend but I think it's safer. I think that way we won't have as many arguments."

I smirk at him "you mean you won't get as jealous?"

Draco furrows his eyebrows "oh no. I'm still going to be jealous of course." He smiles slightly "but at least this way it won't be anyone's fault. We will just be friends."

I nod tightly "just friends."

Draco laughs at my reaction "it's gonna be shit for a while, but I think it's the best option."

I take his hand in mine and squeeze it "like you said we are gonna need to have each others backs this year."

Draco nods "me and you against the world huh?"

I smirk "the world doesn't stand a chance."

"There are too many bloody people for my liking." Mrs Malfoy holds my arm in a tight grip as she pulls me through the throngs of people down Diagon Alley. "Merlin know why we had to do this in person, that's what we have the bloody house elves for."

I smile as we walk down the cobble alley remembering how differently Mrs Weasley was on the trips down here. She was stressed but always had a warm presence to her. She made the shopping fun in her own way, making sure you had got what you needed even if it meant her forcing her way through the busy shops. She would find you the best deals and always recommend the second hand stuff.

Mrs Malfoy on the other hand walks into the shop and immediately has the shop owners bringing her exactly what she needs. She picks the best option and doesn't even glance and the price tag, it's all just coins to her.

"Okay quickly we need to go to Gringrotts." Narcissa pulls me through the crowd her heels hitting against the stones beneath us.

"Oh did you need something from there Mrs Malfoy?" I jog slightly to keep up with her fast pace.

Mrs Malfoy laughs slightly "no dear. I noticed your money was looking a little low as we were shopping so I thought I'd take you to your vault."

I hesitate as we reach the door of the bank, I drop my arm and feel my cheeks grow pink "oh Mrs Malfoy. I really don't have any money left. I took the last of it out recently so what I have is all of it."

Narcissa shakes her head "no Angelica." She takes my arm and walks me through the large bank "your father gave me a key. It's his money, inherited to you now of course."

She nods her head to Draco who is already standing at the front of the bank waiting for us both.

"I need to go to look at a piece of art across the alley so Draco will travel with you to yours." She places the ornate golden key into my hand before walking back out of the bank her heels clicking against the marble floor as she leaves.

I study the key in my open hand, the key is about the size of my palm and has a thin snake wrapped around the stem of it. Shiny emeralds are positioned as the snakes eyes and as I turn the key left to right they glisten in the light.

I walk forward and reach Draco offering him a small smile.

Draco smiles back at me "ready to go get some money?"

I shrug as my smile drops "sure." My stomach twists in knots as we are lead down a long corridor, the goblin in front of us pulls aside a dark curtain and we are led into an ornate golden cart. Draco sits besides me his black suit fitting perfectly with the richness of the cart we are in. He sees me looking at him and raises his eyebrow in question.

I smile "you look so old."

Draco let's out a loud laugh rolling his eyes "Merlin, thanks for that Angelica."

I laugh with him as we fly quickly along the tracks leading us further and further into the bank.

"I just meant that you look so grown up. So mature." I push my hair behind my shoulders "I still look like the same eleven year old that you met when I first started Hogwarts." I sigh as I adjust my top suddenly feeling very self conscious next to Draco.

Draco ignores me as he looks ahead "we're nearly there."

As he finishes his sentence the cart slows to a stop and the goblin climbs out. Draco and I follow suit, our feet fly down some more steps until we are finally walking along a narrow corridor. A deep rumbling sounds ahead of us and I clutch my wand in my hand suddenly having a horrible feeling.

We round a corner and standing there chained to the floor is a large, brown dragon. It is facing away from us but it's feet move as if it is ready to turn towards us. The goblin picks up two rattle like objects and begins to shake them in his hand. The dragon crouches down in a defensive stance and let's out a weak roar. The goblin leads Draco and I around the outskirts of the space until we are safely down another corridor. Only then does he stop rattling the objects.

"What the Merlin was that about?" I stare at Draco my eyes wide and my heart thumping fast in my chest.

Draco shakes his head his face grim "you really don't want me to tell you." He looks at my expression "I know you well enough to know that it's best you never find out." He raises an eyebrow "trust me?"

I nod my head silently as my heart drops knowing that there must be a barbaric reason behind that. We pass vault after vault now and Draco points out the familiar names on them.

"There's my aunt Bella's, and there's my parents one. Oh look theres Daphne Greengrass' families and there's the Zabini's one as well, well half of it anyway. They keep the rest of it in Monaco as it's a wizarding tax haven." Draco stops walking as does the goblin. We have reached the very end of the corridor where a giant black metal door stands, much like the key a large snack is displayed on the door it's body locked into place by large bolts.

The goblin reaches a single finger out "pass me your hand."

I do as told and take a step forward offering him my palm, I assume he is going to put the key in it so I can open the door.

Instead he grips it tightly as he takes out a small dagger from his pocket with his other hand. Dragging the blade slowly across the meaty part of my palm he keeps a tight hold of my wrist as he pulls me towards the door.

I feel tears prick in the corner of my eyes from the sharp pain in my hand, blood drips down my arm as he pushes my palm flat against the snakes head. He then shoves the key into my bloody hand and points at the key hole in the snakes eye. Blood oozes out of the eye now, shaking slightly I lift the key and push it deep into the hole. Turning it three times I step back as a loud resounding click sounds. The snake turns it's metal head slightly and appears to be waiting for me.

I suddenly have a flashback to The Chamber of Secrets and how Harry and I stood at the entrance to that door. I fixate on the snake and like I did so many years ago I imagine it is real.

"Open" my words come out easily, so easily in fact I'm certain I said them in the wrong language. Slowly however the snake turns it's head back to the door and begins to slither upwards out of the bolts.

I take a step back and clutch my bleeding hand tightly. Draco looks across at me his face one of shock and another emotion I can't quite put my finger on.

He removes his black necktie and passes it over to me. I stand confused looking down at the accessory. What am I supposed to do with that?

"For fuck sake" Draco tuts annoyed as he takes my hand in his and begins wrapping the tie tightly around my palm.

I smile slightly "oh thanks."

Draco looks up at me as he finishes tying the make shift bandage. "You're welcome." His words are short and sharp as he takes a deep breath.

"Ready?" A gravelly voice interrupts us and I turn in surprise to see the Goblin still stood there. To be quite truthful I thought he had left ages ago.

I nod embarrassed and take a step forward into the large doorway, as I do several lanterns light up from each corner of the vault. The space is giant, equivalent to the Slytherin common room in fact. Shelves upon shelves display different jewels and trophies. There are chests of gold coins spilling over the floor and large statues and paintings lay in each corner. The wealth in the room is like nothing I have ever seen before and judging from Draco's loud gasp he hasn't either.

I turn to him my eyes wide "this is all my fathers?"

Draco nods slowly "I guess so. I mean this is incredible. This is more money than my family and the Zabinis have combined Angelica."

I bite my lip as a large weight is lifted from my shoulders, never again will I have to worry about buying presents for people. Or being able to afford my school books. I'll never have to borrow money again, this is actually rightfully mine.

A sharp stabbing sensation hits me in the stomach and I take a deep breath in clutching my hands to it.

Draco is at my side in an instant his face terrified as he looks at me "what is it?" He clutches my face in my hands as he takes in my expression "what's wrong? Is there a curse on the place?"

I shake my head mutely "it's not a curse. Not really." I feel a sob reach my throat but I force it down "it's just all of this. It's disgusting."

Draco releases my face slightly as he looks at me curiously "what do you mean?"

I hold a hand to my mouth as I breathe deeply in and out "the money, the jewels all of it. I'm only just realising that it's not really mine is it, it's not his either. It's innocent families. People who were murdered or tortured by him. People who were robbed." I look around "this isn't his wealth. Not really. It was taken from other hard working people who he probably ended up killing."

Draco's face stays still as he slowly releases me taking a step back. His eyes take over everything inside this vault before he looks back at me "but you need the money Angelica."

I shrug "not really. I can get a job, I can sell things, I can even take up tutoring like Cedric did. I don't need to take this blood money." I frown deeply "I don't need money that badly." I turn away from the room and walk out my shoulders tense, I stop outside the door and wait for Draco and the Goblin to both follow me.

The remainder of the journey back to the bank is silent as I think about all those nameless families, that wealth that was supposed to be left to their children which is now in the hands of my father.

My stomach clenches again as I shut my eyes. I am back in that vault standing in the centre and looking out across all of the shelves and chests, instead of coins and jewels however are bodies. Women, men and children. Body after body stacked up high as their lifeless eyes watch me and the stream of blood slowly makes its way to hit my feet.

I don't care what it takes but I can swear to myself, to Merlin and to everyone else that I will never lay a finger on that money.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1K 55 12
"It's very confusing being your friend..." Mattheo said embarrassed. "So, instead of doing something foolish I did this... " "What do you mean, 'so...
2.2K 42 12
"You know Potter, there's a very fine line between perfection and illusion, people just can't notice it unless they look close enough." -Alexandra Ri...
18.4K 499 34
WAIT UNTIL THE END, MAIN CHARACTERS AREN'T BLOOD- RELATED I'm y/n Riddle , yes the daughter of Lord Voldemort . This story won't follow the normal t...