City of Dreams

By vstarlove7

This is the second book in continuation of my previous book Kailash. Please read the first one to connect wit... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.

12.

1.2K 238 111
By vstarlove7

How can love to be worthy of the name if one selects solely the pretty things and leaves out the hardships? It is easy to like the good and dislike the bad. Anybody can do that. The real challenge is to love the good and the bad together, not because you need to take the rough with the smooth but because you need to go beyond such descriptions and accept love in its entirety.

                             ***

Ever heard the expression "my mind is telling me one thing, but my heart is telling me another." This tough battle one face between the mind and the heart is common and we usually don't know which one to trust. The truth is they're interdependent yet interconnected. The heart has a mind of its own. The driving force of the heart does not focus on durability, just immediate satisfaction. Because of this, the mind intervenes and encourages us to think logically and not emotionally, resulting in the battle between the mind and the heart. The mind works as the powerhouse of our life choices. Although the mind is strong, it often plays tricks on us causing us to overthink.

Shehnaaz has a strong, independent personality. Since her birth she had been surrounded by her brothers and strong men. Having them around has made her robust, patient, and a fighter. She had a thick skin and became her own boss, as living with them gave a special insight into men very early. She learned very early to suck up all the issues, and that crying would never get her anywhere. She just held her head high and figured to resolve tricky situations. They pampered her, protected her, respected her, and loved her, even when they drove her crazy.

Even after Karan's demise, she came back stronger and lived independently and fought for her singing passion going against the world, working hard day and night, flourishing in her career path, finding ways to live through the pain she went through after losing her first love. Sometimes, it was not simple, there were days when she broke down, had sleepless nights, a broken heart, missing loved ones in that small Mumbai apartment. It was not easy for her; she would cry the whole night but would always come back firm and forceful with a new dawn. Always showed her gratitude and remained focused for what she had, with good intention and attitude.

She does not mind when Sidharth orders her to listen to him and show tantrums/anger if she doesn't. She knows his intentions behind that call, which is nothing but her presence to be with him all the time. It is his love, his care, and his experience, directing it- mixed up with his insecurities, anxiety, self-doubt, and uncertainty, her heart said! She had faith that she would go through this rain and flood situation placidly as a matter of fact any circumstance, but did he have that faith in her? Did he think her weak or incapable of dealing with the plight? Her mind asked. She has been dominated by her brothers and men in her family, but she would always do what she wished for every time, and they had to comply eventually. With Sidharth it is different, she always ends up falling for his adamant, resolute request, giving way for her heart to win. He doesn't give her any space to challenge or resist his demands. Maybe she is contemplating and not reacting well to his demands and control, her mind questioned. She was about to reach his apartment and these thoughts were hazing her mind.

The heart does no more than reflect the state of the mind—its turmoil, its resolution, its shallowness or its depth, its coarseness or its maturity.

She was happy to go to his place and meet him and be with him, but her father was also there. She had made some plans to spend time with her father, introduce him to Sidharth formally, but sometimes things don't go as planned. In her case nothing goes as per the plan! Well as they say, if nothing goes as we plan, something much better is being planned instead by the universe.

She saw Shera talking with Nandu when she entered the apartment in a big Police van. She ran to him carrying the backpack, not before thanking the constable who rode all the way in the flooded road just to pick her up.

"Shera bhaiya...kaise ho!" she yelled excitedly.

"Naaz gudiya, teek huin, tu kaise hain? Aa gayi tu bhi... Sidharth sir leke aa gaye tujhe bhi sahi salamat" he blushed talking about him.

It was weird seeing him like that, blushing. He had been with them as a driver for 15 plus years, tall, muscular, who also acted like a bodyguard to her father. Seeing him going gaga over Sidharth made her proud

"Haann... aa gayi. Problem hui kal raat bahut? I got so worried thinking about Papa. Woh teek hain na?"

"Haan Gudiya, bilkul first class. Aur Sidharth sir aaye na hero ki tarah hume musibat se bachaney. Apne ghar main sahara diya, khana khilaya. Bahut abhari rahengey unke zindagi bar. Tune dekha unhe, kitne sundar dikthey hain real main. Movie theatre main jo dekha bilkul waise hi..." he went on appreciating him.

She gave a wide smile to all his appreciation. "Tabi toh mere favorite hain! Acha main jau upar. Aap dono aaogey mere saath?"

"Haan chaliye madam" Nandu replied, and Shera nodded following them.

"Nandu bhaiya, maine bola na Shehnaaz hain mera naam, madam nahi!"

He just gave a smile for an answer. He was a reserved, shy person and Shehnaaz could interpret that.

It was Preeti di who opened the door for them and greeted her with a hug. Rita Maa joined behind her and gave her a hug as well. "Mujhe nahi laga tu aa payegi yahan, Bholenath ki kripa hain tu teek se aa gayi humare paas. Ab teri chinta bhi katam ho gayi"

"Aapke bete ki kripa!" Sidharth yelled from the background, walking out from the hallway towards them. He somehow unknowingly drifted off to sleep in his bedroom and when he heard the doorbell, he jolted up from the bed anticipating it be her.

Watching him walk towards her, all her reckless thoughts, the moments of worry hazing her, just a few minutes back, vanished. She beamed with a broad smile. Her heart was racing faster. Stomach did a somersault. Her entire body was triggered with sensations. Squeezing his way towards her in between his family, he gave her a heartwarming hug with a forehead kiss. "Aaja" he said removing the backpack from her shoulder, pulled her inside from arms to the living room.

Didn't she want this from her previous relationship. The acknowledgement of her lover about his love towards her beside his family. All the insecurities began to fade. Her eyes welled up on the thought.

"What happened?" he asked, worried, when he saw water in her eyes.

"Thanks!" she replied with a reassuring smile.

"Hi..." she heard someone greeting her from behind. A soft childlike voice.

When she turned, she saw a girl in her teens hugging Preeti di arms.

"Hi... Shradha?" she asked.

"You know me?" she replied surprised.

"Yes, Sidharth has spoken about you and also about Suchi... Hi..." she waved the girl sitting on the floor and was busy drawing something. 

"Hi..." Suchi replied as well with a wave.

"Naaz puttar..." she heard her father calling.

"Papa" she ran towards the voice and gave him a crashing hug.

"Aa gaya mera puttar mere paas. Khush reh Khush reh..." he blessed her while still hugging. He was in his room, not wanting to disturb with his presence between them. He heard his daughter voice through the walls and walked down to check.

After the reunion of father and daughter everyone sat down in the living room and talked their heart out about the last night events, though they had talked everything about that in phone, it feels different when said face to face. Shehnaaz was the center of attraction among them as usual ranting out the adventure she did at her apartment and how the place is still soaked in knee deep water and how she felt like a movie actress when she was rescued by a police officer, being all dramatic.

The whole house lit up on her arrival. Seated on the floor in between Shradha and Suchi she felt at home surrounded by the people who were nothing less than her family. Alone in the apartment she would have missed this. She did not complain about that, but this felt better, happy!

People always come into our lives for a reason. Whether they bring a lesson, or a blessing. Whether they stay an hour, or a lifetime. Grown up surrounded by women Sidharth had been an emotionally available and caring. He evolved himself to be strong and compassionate man.

Sidharth saw his life turned to a blessing when Shehnaaz is around him. He did not need to hide any parts with her. He allowed himself to be vulnerable and did not feel the need to wear a mask or keep up the barriers. He just wanted to flow with her and let go all the darkest fears and deepest insecurities because he knew he would not be judged by her. The bond with her was beyond what is superficial. He only has pure intentions for her, now he wanted his life like that surrounded by the ones he loves, his mother, his sister, his niece... all women and now with Shehnaaz... his life partner.

Preeti and kids left to their home after lunch and it was just Sidharth, his mom, Shehnaaz and her father sitting across each other in the living room. Curtains were down, lights off and the dim ambience was making everyone sleepy after the long perilous night.

"You must be tired, go take a nap" Sidharth advised his mom, nudging from his elbow when he saw her yawning. Like him she did not even sleep well at night.

"I was actually going to say that... Bhaishaab aap bhi thodi der let jaiye" she asked Santhosh.

"Haan ji" he nodded unwrapping his arms from Shehnaaz shoulders.

"Shehnaaz, tere liye woh dusra wala guest room ready kar diya hain. Shera will sleep in Preeti's house" mom said getting up from the couch but stood still what she heard next.

"WHY? Shera can stay in that guest room. She will be with me in my room. I kept her bag in my room." Sidharth without any delay and uncertainty, valiantly said that out loud.

Everyone in the room was in shock, surprised at what he had just revealed. Sidharth on the other hand did not find anything wrong in what he said. It was obvious according to him.

"Pagal ho gaya tu? You know right her father is here and you talking in front of him?" mom quivered plopping down in the couch again.

Santhosh on the other hand was embarrassed. Shehnaaz' s eyes popped out from his call with shock. She gasped a smile with how he is going to handle this sensitive topic now with her father.

There are many types of relationships that one hold in their life. There are neighbors, friends, wives, husbands, children, parents, siblings, lovers, there are people who hate each other, everything is a relationship. All relationships in one life have come up because they have certain needs to fulfil – physical, mental, emotional, social, and so on. When a person is committed to a relationship, may it be with one's parents, siblings, friend, or a lover, it is just not about intimacy, it is more about being with them, giving them respect and trust. Commitment is the key, the joy of being together.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello friends, here is next chapter. I know I am leaving you with a controversial situation here. Please have trust in your writer and have faith. 🙏🏻

Please vote, comment and follow me.⭐️

Love you and take care... see you soon!💛💛💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 10.3K 17
This story is based on the most popular tv show "Biggboss14" where two beautiful souls gonna meet to form "Doh jism Ek jaan " where destiny is gonna...
640K 63K 69
This story is about a twenty five year old young doctor who feels adoration , fondness and love towards a bollywood star she keeps sending him gifts...
144K 12.8K 35
⚠️UNEDITED⚠️ Sidharth is a VAMPIRE 🦇.His ex-girlfriend made him human to vampire. He regret falling in love for Sonia his ex-girlfriend. He start st...
3.3M 137K 86
FAN FICTION - because I'm a fan of Sidharth Shukla and Shehnaaz Kaur Gill, and is fictional. I gain no profits from this. It also has made up charact...