A Rose Of Revenge

By AnointingYao

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Book three of the Princess Eleanora... More

Author's note.
✴️Prologue✴️
✴️Chapter 1✴️: Happily ever after, after all.
✴️Chapter 2✴️: Eight years late.
✴️Chapter 3✴️: A glimpse of life.
✴️Chapter 4✴️: No one is innocent.
✴️Chapter 5✴️: All the lies they told.
✴️Chapter 6✴️: Things aren't always as they seem.
✴️Chapter 7✴️: Humans just can't be trusted.
✴️ Chapter 8✴️: Career's day.
✴️Chapter 9✴️: I'm brOKen.
✴️Chapter 10✴️: Family Dinner.
✴️Chapter 11✴️: A visit to the graves.
✴️Chapter 12✴️: And we meet again.
✴️Chapter 13✴️: A gift for her own burial
✴️ Chapter 14✴️: A beautiful gift for my ex
✴️ Chapter 15✴️: The land of Diamonds.
✴️Chapter 16✴️: The raid.
✴️Chapter 17✴️: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
✴️ Chapter 18✴️: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree (2)
✴️Chapter 19✴️: It's time for a lecture, Phillips.
✴️Chapter 20✴️: Let's plan further.
✴️Chapter 21✴️:The breakout.
✴️Chapter 22✴️:Dure, the maniac.
✴️ Chapter 23✴️: A spy in the palace.
✴️Chapter 24✴️: Nora: three, Dure: zero.
✴️Chapter 25✴️: A serial killer on the loose.
✴️Chapter 26✴️: The power of the USB.
✴️ Chapter 27✴️: Foes turn friends.
✴️ Chapter 28✴️: Digging into the past.
✴️Chapter 29✴️: The great reveal (1)
✴️ Chapter 30✴️: The great reveal (2).
✴️Cast and preview✴️
✴️Chapter 31✴️: The apple of her eyes.
✴️ Chapter 33✴️:Knock, Knock... It's me. Karma. Can I come in?
✴️ Chapter 34✴️: A not so happy reunion.
✴️Chapter 35✴️: A christmas night to remember.
✴️Chapter 36✴️: Epilogue?
✴️Morals of the novel✴️
✴️ Author's note✴️

✴️Chapter 32✴️: And then they realized...

38 12 22
By AnointingYao

  "Watch it!" Dure exclaimed in fear when he saw Ameed driving into a traffic light stand, which temporarily brought Ameed back enough for him to see he was directly headed for a ram in with the traffic light. He was quick enough to swerve back to the main road but not quick enough to stop himself at the sight of the red light at the roundabout, almost causing a third degree crash if the other drivers didn't swerve away on time.

Ameed was currently fighting a dangerous battle against sleep as he struggled to keep his attention on the road. After another while of struggling with sleep, Sleep began to prevail once more, causing Ameed to lose control as the car headed for the pavement this time, Dure had no choice but to vigorously shake Ameed who would have hit a woman and her baby if he didn't swerve back on time.

"Ameed, Park the car!". Dure ordered sternly, which Ameed did after it registered in his half asleep brain.

Dure got down from the car and walked to the driver's side, opening the door for Ameed to get down.

  "I'm so sorry sir, I promise to be awake this time". Ameed apologized.

"I know you will but for the meantime, sit down at the back while I drive". Dure ordered. Ameed wanted to resist but when he saw how serious his master was, he gave in walking to the front passenger's seat while Dure took over the steering wheel.

Now that he was off the steering wheel, Ameed was fully awake. The sleep suddenly disappeared as he watched his Master drive calmly and silently.

They've been on the road, relentlessly for five days now, making a stop at each of the dens to be sure that none was currently operating so the RBI wouldn't have anything to hold against them. If there was an neutral ministry that was not willing to take sides politically it was the RBI. They were a ministry on their own, that's why Dure wanted to make sure they found nothing on them.

  Ameed's coffee had no effect anymore has he and Dure were sleep and food deprived, drinking coffee just to make sure sleep doesn't hinder them from fulfilling their mission. His master's advantage right now was that he was an insomniac, so not being able to sleep wasn't a new routine in Dure's life.

"Are you awake now?" His master's voice cut through Ameed's thoughts as he thought of his family back home.

  "Yes, boss". Ameed replied.

"Thanks for your hard work these days, Ameed. I understand that it hasn't been easy for you these days. Take a while to rest while I drive us back home, so you'll look less like a panda" Dure said to his personal assistant as he turned left when he got to the t-junction.

"Boss, we could have easily taken the helicopter to the dens. I don't understand why we have to drive all the way" Ameed questioned his boss who didn't take his eyes away from the road not even once.

"We can't use the helicopters because of the people living nearby and the people could easily be interrogated by the RBI, so we got no other choice but to drive". Dure replied him.

Ameed stared at his boss, noticing how his once so shining blond hair now had traces of grey hair, and his veins were visible on his wrists. He admired how tirelessly his boss had worked all these while. Sacrificing his sleep, time and energy just to make sure his family are safe and the family business keeps running.

Dure gave his assistant a quick glance before turning back to the steering. "Anything bothering you, Ameed?" Dure asked, calling Ameed's attention.

"Nothing. I just admire boss's diligence and commitment. Of all the Henias, you're the most diligent and reliable". Ameed praised.

Dure stopped the car when the traffic light turned red, taking the time to properly look at Ameed.

"Well, I'm the first born son of the Henias. I have a legacy to live up to, can't afford to be slack at my duties. I have my siblings, wife, children and even parents depending on me. One wrong step and all of them fall with me" Dure replied before stepping on the gas as the traffic light turned green.

Ameed said nothing more, neither did Dure. Ameed realized that his boss wasn't as bad as he had thought about him. He just had too many responsibilities that could sometimes make him cranky.

  "Your address, Ameed. I'll drop you home so you can rest and spend some time with your wife and children. Then later on, when I get home, I'll tell Solomon to give you a raise, so don't forget to call him, alright?"

Ameed's eyes shone brighter than emeralds at what his boss had just said. But he couldn't imagine his boss being so kind hearted towards him. He had always known his boss to be in a  Choleric state. So it was quite strange to have his boss being so... considerate.

"Your address, Ameed!" Dure asked him again, this time, more urgently.

"Thank you boss. Number thirteen, Pugar street, just three junctions from here" Ameed replied when he saw how determined his boss was to drive him home. That was the last thing they both said to each other until Dure parked the car in front of Ameed's house.

His wife was getting ready to take the children to school when she ran into Dure and Ameed her husband.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. You must be Ameed's wife, if I didn't guess wrong".  Dure greeted as he stretched forth his hand to the woman, who courteously replied the handshake.

"I'm here to thank you for allowing your husband to work with me because it's not all women that allow their husband to do the type of work your husband does".  He said to the woman, who smiled at her husband as he gave her a side hug.

"It's no problem, Duke Dure. It's an honor to work with you". She replied, trying her best to keep the plastic smile in place.

"Also, I should apologize for snatching him away from your family. Something urgent came up so we had to go fix it before it brewed into bigger problems". Dure said to the woman who shaked her head with a smile that wasn't too genuine.

"It's no problem Duke. It's no problem at all". She replied.

"Here's a little something for the kids". Dure said as he brought out a hundred dollars from his back pocket and handed it over to the  two kids who looked delighted as they took the money.

"We'll forever be grateful. Thank you so much, Duke Dure. It means a whole lot". She replied as she and her family waved goodbye to Dure as he walked into his car and left.

When she was sure that Dure was gone and out of sight, her pleasant face suddenly changed to a terrible frown. Her husband couldn't help but wonder how the smile disappeared without a trace.

"Ameed, you must resign from that place this very instant. I don't want my husband to be involved with an abuser and a murderer!" She made her concern known and her anger evident.

Ameed looked lost but decided to ignore his wife as he bent down to hug his kids.

"Ameed, I'm dead serious. I'll rather us beg for food than you working with that man!"

"Woman, you've started again. Is this how to welcome your husband? Can't you wait for us to get inside? And who's feeding you with lies about my boss? If my boss was as you claimed would he drive me here?"

"Have you checked the internet lately?" She asked her husband who carried his two children in his hands.

"Whatever the world says is none of my business. My business right now is my children and my wife and how I can get a good sleep. So can you leave the nagging for later?" Ameed replied his wife before carrying his children back into the house.

"Aren't the kids supposed to go to school?" She asked after her husband but the slammed door seemed to answer her just right.
__________________________________✍️

"Any news from father, Solomon?" Dure asked as he got down from his car and walked up to Solomon who had been waiting for him in one of the uncompleted buildings in the Henia estate, trying his best to be call and praying silently that things wouldn't get out of hand.

  "Welcome back, young master". Solomon greeted, giving a little bow.

"Skip the courtesy, man. I raced all the way here when I saw your text. What's up? Father wants to see me?" Dure asked Solomon, eager to hear the news from him after the simple text he had received from Solomon which said "See me before going home. Urgent information to pass across".

"Do not panic, young master Dure. The news I bear isn't one sent from anyone. It's my personal message to you". Solomon replied him calmly, the gentle breeze blowing through their hair and their clothes, inflating their clothing for them. Dure looked more keen to knowing what his father's assistant had to tell him in person.

"I'm all ears". Dure replied, resting on the car's bonnet and crossing his legs.

"What I have to tell you is extremely important so you must first believe whatever I tell you, for your own good and also make it sure that-"

"Can you get to the point, Solomon? I ain't got all day". Dure replied impatiently, hitting his watch with his index finger to show how serious he was. Solomon tried his best to be calm for he knew what he was going to tell Dure was going to break him and also him too depending on how Dure takes the news.

So he fell on his knees and kowtowed to Dure three times. "Greetings to the first born of Prince Andrews, the real heir to the Nation's throne!"
__________________________________✍️

Phillips walked into his apartment, his bodyguard closing the door behind him. He sat on his couch while his bodyguard brought a little stool for Phillips to place his nearly healed wounded leg which his brother shot some time ago.

  He had just arrived from a private meeting which was held in Lokai. He stretched forth his hand to his bodyguard who served him a glass of water. Unbuckling two shirt buttons, he adjusted himself on his couch, drank every drop of water in the cup before turning to his bodyguard to ask for updates.

After he had been harassed by Dure, twice, he wasn't ready to be harassed no more so he got himself two highly skilled bodyguards but while they weren't being bodyguards, they could be his informant and personal assistant, telling him every news he's missing out from.

"Any updates?" He asked his bodyguard, looking up to see if there was any juicy news awaiting.

"A video was leaked yesterday evening about the death of a person close  to late Princess Eleanora. The whole internet is talking about it". He began.

"So what's my business with a dead relation of a dead person?" Phillips asked with a look of irritation, scrunching up his eyebrows in annoyance.

"The murderer is Duke Dure" He finally announced, Phillips eyes widened with shock before he covered up the look quickly with a frown.

"What do you mean?" Phillips asked, more annoyed than ever.

The guy handed over to Phillips the iPad, playing the video for him.
__________________________________✍️

The recorder fell out of Dure's hand after everything that he heard registered into his brain.

  His heart began thumping faster, Goosebumps spread round his skin creating the false look of rashes, his face suddenly becoming red, his eyes went ablaze and the breeze seemed to be more of the catalyst.

His mind started calculating if such a thing could even be possible. They had raised him, clothed him, sent him to school. All he was was as a result of their kindness. He called them father and mother, respected them in and out, never questioned them no matter how tempting it was and tried his best to live up to the legacy they set for him... Could that all be a Façade?

He knew quite well that he wasn't their real son. Even though he could vaguely remember his real parents but he remembered vividly, the day he and his grandmother walked into the Henia mansion. He remembered his grandmother telling them to please take care of him, and train him well. That she was trying to fulfill a promise to someone else. And they did.

He had accepted them as his parents and they have accepted him as their son. But to think that he was being used?

Just because he wasn't their real child? He was being used?

Or could it be Solomon that was trying to sow discord between he and his father?

After that thought crossed Dure's mind, his glaring eyes flew to Solomon and before Solomon could run, Dure had already caught the old man by his shirt while holding up a gun to the old man's head.

"Nice try, Solomon. You want to sow discord between I and my father, eh? You think I'm gullible right? You're one of those million back stabbers who will do anything for power and money. I'll send you back to them-"

"If men lie and recorded voices could be faked, do old pictures lie too?" Solomon asked Dure, handing over to him, a picture he had kept so dearly for the past twenty eight years.

  Dure's hand slipped from Solomon's shirt as he took the picture from the old man and looked at it.

The picture was a black and white picture of a handsome looking man, who styled his hair just like he does, carrying a baby, a woman standing right next to the man, holding the hand of a playful boy who's face couldn't be seen for he was looking at the stones he was playing with and an older woman standing beside them too.

He looked closer at the young woman holding the boy's hand in the photo. He usually see the woman in his dream, crying tears of blood and trying to reach out to him. She's the reason why he developed fear for sleeping because she had been appearing more and more these days.

"The man in the photo is Prince Andrews, your father and the baby he's carrying is your little sister. The woman in the photo is your mother, Melissa and the boy she's holding is you. The older woman beside your mother is your grandmother, your mother's mother, Dora, popularly known as Nanny".  Solomon pointed out to Dure.

"My little sister?" Dure asked again, hoping he heard wrongly.

"Yes, your highness. That's your little sister, Princess Eleanora!"

"Which Princess Eleanora?" Dure asked, looking up at Solomon, praying silently it wasn't who he was thinking even though his mind feared that it was true.

"Princess Eleanora Andrews. The one and only".

At that point, the world began to twirl in the eyes of Dure. He staggered backwards when he finally understood what was going on.

"Do you now get it, young master? Wilson Henia only used you against your family"

"No. No. No"

"He used you as a shield for his own son and as a stepping stone to his son's greatness"

"No. No. No. No. No"

"He made sure he took care of you so you'd feel indebted to him and he'd be able to use-"

"Noooo! SHUT THE FUCK UP! SHUT IT, SOLOMON! OR I'D HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO KILL YOU". Dure warned as his nose flared.

"You're smart, young master. You know all I say is the truth" Solomon continued to poke at Dure with his words which brought out the aggressive side of Dure, who raised the gun to Solomon's shoulder and shot him.

Widening his eyes like a lemur and staggering towards injured Solomon, like a drunkard, he said to Solomon, who held unto his injured shoulder as it bled out.

"I'm smart? I'm glad you know that. For a second I almost believed you. Until I figured, my father's slave shouldn't have anything to do with the royals in the first place. You've worked with my father for years... What could my father have done to deserve such wickedness from you?"

"Wickedness? Wickedness?! I'm afraid when it comes to wickedness, no one is as great as Wilson Henia.  On the surface, I am Wilson Henia's man, but the reality is, I've been working here for years in honor of my real master's wish, which is to make sure you're safe and sound"

"I shot you once, Solomon. I can do it again!"

"Whether you kill me or not, I do not care. But I must carry out my one and only mission before I die and that is too let you know the truth. After you were taken, my master, Prince Andrews asked me to go undercover and make sure you were safe-"

"You know, for an old man, you sure gossip a lot" Dure interrupted.

"If you knew I was there why didn't he come to save me? Why did you leave me there? And why are you just telling me now?  You fucking liar!" Dure continued.

"Queen Tamara, your grandmother took you there herself. She was the next powerful person in the nation after the King. No one dared defy her. We just had to play along to keep you safe. Besides, they didn't show any signs of harming you, instead they took you abroad to study. Your father thought it was better than living in the Royal toxicity he was trying to survive in". Solomon began, holding tightly unto his bleeding shoulder.

  "Wilson and Prince Andrew had a big fight after you were shipped abroad. Wilson slept with his sister, who died after giving birth to Welma, the Henia's last born, Prince Andrews found out and decided to take revenge for the poor lady who died at the age of fifteen because her elder brother raped her, by suing him to court. Because Prince Andrews was scared Wilson would take the anger out on his son there, he asked me to go undercover for you. We didn't need to tell you anything, as long as you were safe". Solomon explained.

The gun dropped from Dure's hand, he felt the tears flowing out so freely. His heart was burning right now. The realization of everything was too much for him to bare. He didn't know which one hurt him most. The realization that he was being used all along for Phillips or the fact that he married his sister and did those horrible things to her. Suddenly, his well ironed out life scattered before his very face and he couldn't even recognize himself again.

Solomon walked up to Dure and held Dure's white jacket with his blood stained hands.

"When I heard you were going to get married to Princess Eleanora, I didn't know things would get this far, young master. Because you both had planned that the marriage wasn't going to be real. You said it was going to be temporary. You said that it was just a cover up for your real intention. If I had known things would get this far, I would have neglected it, young master".

"Where's he?" Dure asked all of a sudden, picking up the gun, like he had just realized something.

"Where's that bastard named Wilson? Today, I'll end his life myself". If Dure had been saying anything with so much determination in his eyes, this would be the first on his list for he was dead serious. He doesn't mind going through hell and back just to ruin the man who ruined his life.

Solomon tried to stop Dure but only ended up getting another bullet from Dure. "You should be grateful I haven't killed you yet. Stay out of my way, if you know what's best for you!" Dure warned before entering his car and speeding off.
____________________________________✍️

"These comments are mean! I like the fact that the nation are beginning to see who he truly is. Do you know who sent this?" Phillips asked his bodyguard who had just ended his phone call.

Scrolling through the mean comments online was as good as it was terrible. As long as it wasn't addressed to him.

  "Boss, there's something I need to report". His bodyguard said to Phillips, who scoffed at his bodyguard's 'ridiculous' way of reporting.

"If you want to report, report. No need asking my permission". He replied his bodyguard, dropping the iPad beside him on the couch.

"Someone leaked out the location of the dens to the RBI. The RBI have rescued a lot of people from the human dens, where big boss kept the people he bought for future purposes, also arrested all the workers in the drug dens too. I heard they're now headed to your father's Mansion".  He reported.

Phillips found himself standing on his two feet. His injured leg doing just fine as he held his body guard like a comrade will old the brother.

"What did you say?"

"The RBI are-"

"I heard you. What are we still doing here?  Let's move!"
___________________________________✍️

Wilson's wife, Mrs  Henia, saw Dure bouncing up the house with a terrible frown as she stepped out of the entrance. She was planning to go out with her daughter-in-law, Tina, to make her feel better after everything happening online.

He was boiling with rage and he had gotten to the stage where steam was going out his ears. His cocked his gun as he walked towards the entrance of the Henia mansion, his eyes darkened as he approached 'his mother' and everything that was on his mind was to kill her. But then, when he got closer, he saw his two girls walking out of the entrance, all dressed up for the outing. He was grateful he still had the chance to hide the gun before he got there but not for once did he pause in his steps.

"What happened, son? Why the angry face? Who annoyed my son?" Mrs Henia asked, stretching forth her hand towards Dure who snubbed it effortlessly for his wife, pulling her aside he whispered in her ear "Find a way to get out of this place with the children. Once I'm done, I'll be coming for you both".

"What's with the gun?" Tina asked her husband who was speechless for a while as the only option he got was to look his wife dead in the eyes.

"Just stay safe. And keep the children safe". He told her when he found his voice, the marched up inside, not even taking a glance at his children.

"Take the children and leave, I'll go see what's going". Mrs Henia said to Tina before rushing in after Dure.

Banging each door, almost disconnecting them at the hinges when he didn't find the person he was looking for inside, he went upstairs to look further, sparing no room.  He knew where he would find him but he decided to check room to room, so he wouldn't miss him even if he were there.

On getting to his Wilson Henia's study, he found who he was looking for, looking out the window with a brazier in his hands to keep his old body warm.

Dure knocked calmly to make Wilson aware of his presence, and was successful in doing that as Wilson's attention was turned to him.

"You're back. So, could you correct your mistakes?" Was the first thing Wilson said when he set his eyes on Dure.

Wilson's head narrowly escaped the bullet Dure released, penetrating the chair in which his head was resting on a while ago.

"Brixton is here to pay his respects" Dure said before walking into the office.

Annoyed Wilson stood up and yelled "DO YOU WANT TO REBEL? AFTER ALL I'VE DONE FOR YOU?!"

"Rebel? Oh, that was just a warning. I missed it on purpose doesn't mean the next one will". He said before pulling out the old picture from his pocket, then asked again "You know this people?"

Just then, Mrs Henia ran in. Running up the stairway wasn't part of her exercise routines and she was panting louder than ever.

"Don't worry... I won't get killed because I know that if I die, then the purpose of you keeping would be fulfilled, right?" Dure said, looking at Mrs Henia.

  "You finally found out that you're the son of Prince Andrews" Wilson muttered.

"Yes, I did. Unhappy?"

"Son, you need to listen to us" Mrs Henia tried convincing Dure.

"ENOUGH OF THE COAXING! SO WHAT IF YOU'RE THE SON OF PRINCE ANDREWS? I RAISED YOU! WHERE WAS H-" Wilson couldn't complete his sentence when he began coughing seriously.

Mrs Henia ran to her husband's side to Pat him at the back.

  "Shouting doesn't solve issues old man, it only compounds problems. I'm only here to confirm three things. And I need your most accurate and honest answer, or I won't be able to guarantee your 'accidental' death, just like you've always taught me, right?"  Dure said, rising to his feet, cocking the gun and pointing it at Wilson.

"Whatever you want to know, can't you settle this amicably?" Mrs Henia said, trying to avoid bloodshed.

"Question one! Did you know Eleanora was my sister when you asked me to marry her?" He asked Wilson who only looked at him but didn't utter a word.

Bang!

He shot Wilson in the shoulder. Wilson was surprised that Dure dared shoot him, falling to his chair in pain he continued to look at Dure in disbelief. Mrs Henia finally realized that Dure wasn't joking one bit.

"Be precise. Be brief. Let them know you're here for business. You taught me all those yourself father". Dure said as he slowly walked to his father's side, pushing Mrs Henia aside. "Now I ask again-"

"You want to kill me, huh? Kill me, you ingrate! I trained you! I clothed you! I made you all that you currently are and entrusted my companies to you despite the fact that I knew your identity. And now, you walk up to me, pointing a gun at me after almost destroying my empire. You ingrate!" Wilson said, interrupting Dure smoothly.

"Ingrate? Thank you for the compliment, father. Now I ask you again-" Dure was interrupted once more.

"Sorry to interrupt family moments but We've gotten an arrest warrant specially for you, Sir Wilson and Duke Dure. Please come with us  for questioning". Said a man dressed in a blue suit, holding out his ID card to show he was one of the RBI.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9M 327K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* 🎖Featured Reading Lists: •@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning •@TeenFiction Soul Deep •@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
1.2M 26.1K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
7.3K 88 23
"The Handler thought it was part of the plan. It wasn't." "What? You think I wouldn't help you after all we've been through?" - - - First book of Do...
972K 31.1K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...