Descendants AU but it's Origi...

By RinWitch25

Eden and Alexandria are the twin daughters of Belle and Adam, Queen and King of Auradon. When Eden proposes... More

Character Sheets
Intro
Meet the idiots- er, I mean the VKs
Arriving At Auradon

The Tour

4 0 0
By RinWitch25

Melanie's POV:

The two princesses lead us past the arch, towards a large statue.

"This," says Princess Eden, "is a statue of the founder and current King of the United States of Auradon, my father.  You may know him as the "Beast"."

I nod, uninterested. I don't get why she felt the need to show us this.

"Look at this!" she says.  She claps twice and the statue transforms from human to a furry beast.

Her sister chuckles. "She insists on showing this to everyone."

"I do not." She hits her sister's shoulder.

Princess Alexandria smirks, reaching over to mess with her twin's hair.

"Alex!" Princess Eden exclaims, swatting at her and fixing the tousled hair.

While this encounter takes place, the four of us stand agape at the statue.  Magic.  Real magic.  Something we could only dream of seeing.

"I think you broke them," Princess Alexandria laughs.

"Oh, I'm sorry!  You've never seen magic, have you?  Well, this is one of the few examples there are.  Magic has been outlawed.  You need a permit to use it.  Most people don't use it, and even if they do, it's minor magic.  Statues like this are a rare sight, but they exist..."  The girl rambles on, explaining the use policies and permits.

"Eden!" she looks at her sister, shocked. "You're confusing them even more!"

Princess Eden stops and smiles apologetically at us.

"Let's continue with the tour, then."

Eden's POV

None of the new students have spoken a word since their names.  I know meeting new people can be scary, but it's getting awkward trying to keep the tour going with only me talking and Alex throwing in comments.

After walking around the school for a while, I decide that it's enough for the day.  I don't want to overload them, and dinner is soon.  I decide it's time to show them the dorms.

We walk into the dormitory.  The student dorms is a large, square building.  It towers at five stories tall, with corner towers at six for extra storage.  In the middle, there is a large outdoor courtyard.  60 two-person dorms line each hallway.  The four towers, one at each corner, hold commons, stairs and elevators.  In the middle of each hallways, there is another elevator.

"Aaaand here's your rooms!  Cecil, Evan, you're going to be here.  Your keycards are on the table.  Any bags you have are by the beds."  I open the door and backon them inside.  I then walk across to the other door.  "Melanie, Hecate, this is yours.  Same thing I said to the boys."  

They walk in.  We wait in the hallway as they look around.

"Eden."

"Hm?"

"Dinner's in 30 minutes, we gotta wrap this up.  I'm not having tacos in this fancy dress, I'm gonna look insane."

"Just give them a minute."  

"Can I go get changed?  Our dorm is literally right there."

I sigh.

"I suppose, just don't take long.  We'll be accompanying them to dining hall."

"Fine."

Alex walks off, reaching into her handbag for her keycard.  I watch her open the door and disappear.

Not even a minute passes before three of the four emerge.  The missing one, I notice, is Hecate.

"Do any of you have questions?"

"Yeah, when's dinner?" Cecil says.  I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or serious.

"Yo, don't be mean to the princess, numskull," Evan says, elbowing Cecil.

"Please, just Eden is fine.  We're peers now!" I smile.  "And we'll head over to the dining hall right after everyone is done here!  Tonight is tacos.  Fan favorite.  We have wonderful chefs."

Melanie looks around.

"Where's your sister?"

"Alex went to go get changed.  She doesn't enjoy dresses.  Our dorm is just down the hallway."

"Dorm?  Don't you guys live in the castle?"

"Not on school time.  Travelling back and forth every day, multiple times a day, can be a hassle."

After another minute or so, Hecate exits.  I lead them a little closer to my dorm.

"While we wait for Alex, tell me a little bit about yourselves.  Do you all know each other?

The three I was talking to before all look at each other, before looking at Hecate, and then back at me.

Cecil speaks up first.  "We're all friends," he says, motioning to Evan and Melanie, "but we've never really met her."

Hecate makes her lips into a thin line.

"Well, I'm sure that can change!  You'll be here for a while, so I'm sure you'll all grow closer."

Hecate gives me a small smile, looking at the other three.

Alex exits our room.  "If you want to get changed, I'll stay with them for a minute."

"Okay! I'll be quick!" I say, skipping past her and closing the door to our room.

Melanie's POV:

Alex says she'll 'stay with us for a minute'.  Like we need supervision or something.  She leans against the wall.  

Instead of her blue dress from before, she wears a pair of black leggings and a large blue graphic tank-top.  A jacket is tied around her waist.  Her shoes, instead of the wedges from earlier, were high tops.  It's almost something I'd wear.  Her hair is a lot messier than before, like she'd tried to brush out hairspray and failed horribly.  But since her hair is short, it doesn't look terrible.  She also wearing head beads in red, as opposed to her tiara from earlier.

I think I could take her in a fight.  She'd stand a better chance than her sister, though.  It's obvious.  They carry themselves in different ways.  On the Isle, you learn to read people.  Eden reads like an open book, not like I've read many.  She's very trusting, and although her guard is up, it's as thin as paper.  Alex reads much differently.  She's intimidating, especially now that she's out of that puffy dress.  She'd almost fit in on the Isle.

Alex looks at a device in her hand.  I have no clue what it is.

"What is that thing?"

Hecate beat me to it.  She approaches Alex.

Alex tenses slightly, before raising her hand.

"This?" she asks. "This is a cell phone.  It's modern technology."

My friends and I also take a few steps closer, trying to look at this cell phone.

"What does it do?"  Hecate's really asking all of the important questions.  It's the most I've heard her speak this entire trip.

"It-" she's interrupted.

"I'm ready!" Eden exclaims.

"You're wearing that to Taco Tuesday?" Alex asks, looking at her oufit.  She has a plaid gold skirt on, and a white frilly tanktop.  She had slightly wedges sandals.  Her hair, which had been in a braid, is now in a hair ponytail.  Unlike her sister, she wears the same tiara.

"You're right.  It's missing something."

Alex stares dumbfounded at her sister and facepalms.

Eden comes out, putting on a pearl necklace.

"We're getting tacos, not going to a gathering!"

Eden sticks her tounge out at Alex

"Let's go!"

We head out of the dorms and towards the dining hall.  Eden leads the way, with Alex close behind.  Hecate stands next to Alex and asks questions about the phone.  The three of us follow a step behind, also watching Alex work with the strange technology.  She plays some music, shows us some videos, texts Ben, who didn't answer, and even lets Hecate play a puzzle game.

We are all infatuated with the little device.

"I want one..." Cecil mumbles under his breathe.

"And where can one get a phone?" Hecate asks.

"Well, plenty of places.  You can buy one from the makers themselves, or from a service company.  You can also buy used phones, which may be old and not work super well, but they can be a lot cheaper."

"Ooh.  How much are they normally?"

"Well, with the brand I have, a newer one can cost about $700." Eden replies. (I'm using dollars cux i have no clue what their currency is here)

Yeesh.  That's a lot of money.

"The school provides all students with a laptop and working cell phone if they so need.  Since your tuition is payed for, you all will be receiving some soon.  The computer is mostly for school work, but the phone is your personal device.  When you get them, we'll come by and help you set them up!"  Eden finally joins the conversation.  "Anyway, here's the dining hall!  Let's get food!"

We enter the line and grab a tray.  Eden says to grab anything we want, as our meals are payed for.  We all load our trays and head to a table.

The food is divine.

Tacos are amazing.

-----------------------

Word Count: 1400

Yes, that last line is a reference to another one of my books.

The next chapter will be a continuation of dinner.  Cuz why not?

This is the third time I'm writing this late at night, hehe, oops.

- Rin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496K 14.4K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
929K 82.6K 38
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
3.5M 106K 66
FOLLOW DULU BARU SECROL ! Sesama anak tunggal kaya raya yang di satukan dalam sebuah ikatan sakral? *** "Lo nyuruh gue buat berhenti ngerokok? Bera...
44.1K 989 52
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...