Once Upon a Heart

By lucky03m

Stories straight from the heart. Traces of thoughts left on paper, of rainbows after rainfall, smiles after h... More

Foreword
My One and Only # Sneak peek
1# When Stars cross
2# Sprinkles of Stardust
3# A Sweet Lullaby
4 #A New Beginning
5# Little by Little
6 # Stars in dark
7# The Deep Buried Secret
8 # Broken but beautiful
9 # Homecoming
10# Bonding
11# In Love
12# A drizzle of love
13 #Siren's Song
14 # The Party
15 # The Conflict
16 # Heart's Home
17 # Our Little World
18 # A silent wish
19 # A surprise visit

20 # Finale

750 93 50
By lucky03m

Hello people!

So we come to end of this tale.🥺🥺
Happy reading 💕💕
Drop some love . And please ignore any errors or typos found.
_______

It was a call from a frantic Mrs. Braganza, who made Sanskaar drop everything at work and rush back to Maheshwari Mansion. He was given details of how Kavita came in unannounced and had a talk with Swara, She had no clue of the context and Swara left. When asked, she didn't give an answer and simply said ‘I will call back.’

“I immediately called you. That woman should have said something mean to Swara, If not she wouldn't have left that way.”  Mrs. Braganza was close to tears, “I wish I could stop her but she wasn't listening.”

That was all Sanskaar needed from her before he got back into the car and punched in a number.

----

Kavita smiled looking at the flashing name on her mobile. As expected …

“What the hell did you say to Swara, Kavita?” Sanskaar blasted from the other end. “ I swear … if,”

“Relax Sanskaar,” Kavita tapped her perfectly manicured fingernails on the glass surface.”  I think you got the wrong number, baby. Find the right one, Thank me later,” 

And the call went off.

Sanskaar felt like smashing something. Fine! He drew in deep breaths in a bid to feel calm. He is gonna find Swara first,  set things right, then strangle Kavita next.  He dialled Swara’s number quite a few times only to be greeted with a switched-off tone Damn this woman! Sanskaar raked his hair in frustration. 

There was only one place he could think of at this point. He hoped he would find her, then they were gonna have a not-so-nice long chat. 

----------

Swara looked around her apartment. Feels really long, she thought and was glad she didn't have to step into a dusty one. Her few revisits in past weeks came to the rescue . All she needs now is a nice cup of coffee and she has to feed Tara, then she is gonna…

The alarm of the doorbell distracted her thoughts. She opened the door to find Sanskaar shooting glares at her. He simply stormed inside and before she could say something…

“Are you nuts, Swara? Like really? Some Random woman shows up at the house and blurts some nonsense, you pack your bags and leave. Do you know what you should have done instead? You should have simply said this is my place and asked her to get out. Ghar main tho bada dadagiri karte ho tum, mujh pe. Now, where did your Jhansi ki rani mode disappear? “

“Sanskaar .. listen to me..” Swara tried

“No! You listen to me and don’t you dare say a word till I finish.  Fine! I get it. You don’t love me ok! At Least you are not clear, but I didn't complain? Did I?  You came up with this absurd and idiotic theory to date other women. Woh bhi maan liya maine . Kyu? Because I love you … and I didn't find any other way to convince you. But this is not done, Swara. You can't just walk out of my life like this. Marjavunga main. 

I know, I am not like those romantic heroes you read in books and watch in movies, but I am trying, Right! Tum ne jo kuch bhi kaha sab sikhaa na maine . I am trying ok ! and I promise I will get better at it. In Fact, I will be best if you are willing to hang on for some more time. But don't this yaar, Swara. Please.

Sanskaar stopped to catch hold of his breath and didn't realize he was close to bursting into tears. Hell, what should he do to convince this woman that he loves her to bits and pieces? 

He wiped a spilling tear and looked up,“ Listen Swara! I am not going to be part of your mad dating scheme anymore. You make me meet thousands of women, I will always find my way back to you ,because I  love  you and I can only love you. Tum mano ya na maano , but you are the one for me.”He finished.

Swara looked at him stunned . For a few minutes she tried to process the torrent of words coming her way and the next minute, with tears brimming in her eyes, she dashed into his arms, “ Oh Sanskaar! I am sorry. I was about to message you. “ She didn't intend to hurt him in any way. And did not expect him to show up so soon. But she should have known. Mrs. Braganza’s loyalties lay with Sanskaar first. 

Sanskaar thought he would continue to stay angry at her disappearing act, but he gave up. He almost came close to losing his mind at the thought of Swara leaving him, but he didn't need anything more than to hold her. They would talk but for now, he squeezed her in tight enough to show how much he missed her.

“Never ever think of leaving me again,”  He murmured amidst tears, burying his face into her neck. 

It was after they parted,  a hand pressed to her cheek, “ Stop giving me such scares, and will you please tell me what happened?” he pleaded. He had to know what prompted her to take this step. 

Swara wiped his tears first, then she took his hand into hers  “Come with me”. And he followed with no questions. She stepped towards the balcony, one of her favorite spots, the same spot where she had so many conversations with her Sister, some conversations which held her back from pursuing love. Sanskaar needs to know where her insecurities stemmed from.And she told him….

Sanskaar listened in silence and now understood her insistence then. Her fear, the root of it. 

“Today when Kavita came in…” Swara paused and recalled her conversation with Kavita

-----

“Do you love Sanskaar?” 

Swara wasn't expecting this from Kavita. She tried to make sense first but when Kavita repeated the question “How does this concern you Kavita?” She questioned right back.

“Of course it does, Swara. You think I am an idiot and can't see what's going around. After yesterday I am absolutely sure Sanskaar is off limits because that man can't see anything beyond you. I wanted clarity from your side.”

“Do I owe you that?’ Swara asked, feeling a little rise in her temper. It's none of her business. The equation between her and Sanskaar is there to deal with. Others don't have a say in it.

Kavita considered Swara for a minute in silence, “Ok ! Fine, Swara! Answer me honestly. Was it because of you, that Sanskaar talked to me at the party? And please be honest.”

Swara had her tongue-tied.

“Oh! So it is you! “ Kavita took in shock at Swara's face and didn't need an answer. “ I should have known this. Because I have seen Sanskaar for 2 years in different parties or board meetings, but we had been practically strangers, and Never once have I seen Sanskaar put in an effort to woo any woman. And that night all of sudden, he turned into a charmer. “

“Kavita, you are not getting the context here,” Swara tried.

“I don't want to know Swara,”. Kavita shot back. “If you think this discussion is about you and Sanskaar, I am sorry you are wrong. This is about me. She took a deep breath, “ Ok! And again it's because of you he agreed to my visit to this place. Yes or no please.”

Swara nodded hesitantly clueless about the direction this discussion was heading.

“Do you know Sanskaar is in love with you? Did he ever admit he is in love with you?” Kavita shot the next question. 

“Yes!” Swara admitted. Why did she suddenly start feeling stupid?

“Really?” Kavita simply threw her hands in the air. “Then what’s the problem, Swara? Listen! If you are in love with Sanskar, there is no point in involving a third person in your equation which I am at this point. And I don't believe it if you claim you don't love him. Like, do you both have any idea you look and act like a married couple?

 Common Swara! Even a blind fellow will be able to see it. All my time here, I never felt for a moment I am visiting the house of a man whom I am considering to be a future prospect but rather someone’s husband, a man who is already taken by a woman, who acts like she owns and runs this place. Like you are everywhere here. I mean everywhere. And a kid already? And Sanskaar’s love for her is so obvious. Trust me! If you stand in a frame together, You scream a happy family. I really don't know why I was dragged into this. Am I wrong if Expect an answer here?”

No, she wasn’t. In Fact, it was at that moment that the guilt started sneaking into Swara. Clearly, she had been wrong to pull Kavita into this. It was her issue, her feelings she had to deal with, but she chose not to at that moment, complicating things further.  Kavita silently listened as Swara gave her answer and no wonder Kavita looked at her like she lost her mind.

“Really Swara? Are you that naive or stupid or you simply chose not to see this? Throw Sanskaar into an ocean of women. He will only look for you. Damn it! Isn't it so obvious? There is never going to be a chance for another woman in your equation. Stop this idiocy, Swara! And please go tell that man you love him, put everyone out of misery. Will you ?”

It was then Swara had a hit of clarity, she was only denying the inevitable. For what? She is already in love with Sanskaar and he had to know. She was stalling for god knows what reasons. Could she imagine some other woman in Sanskaar’s life ?.  The idea of Sanskaar being taken by someone else was unbearable. Could she ever imagine someone else in her life other than Sanskaar ? Never!

Tears of joy filled Swara’s eyes.  It has to be only Sanskaar. How could  she be such an idiot and still fight to embrace this beautiful feeling? 

Her chain of thoughts took a break when Kavita called her name. It was in one swift move she hugged Kavita leaving her confused for a minute 

 “Thank you so much, Kavita. Thank you.” Swara mumbled. She would be ever grateful for the much-needed push and for clearing her head, making her see through things.

Well! Kavita awkwardly hugged back as she wasn't used to such an open display of affection. It felt good, she thought with a smile. Though it pinched her heart a bit to give up Sanskaar, she was glad she didn't get in deep, But she isn't letting go of Swara easily .

Out of hug, Kavita scanned Swara for a minute.“Just a thank you wouldn't suffice, Swara.  I have a deal for you,” she said with a smile.

--------------------

Swara paused and Sanskaar waited with a thudding heartbeat. “What deal?” He wanted to ask. And swore if it had anything to do with Swara leaving him …. But he waited for her to finish .

“I was scared,  Sanskaar. After some time if we feel we aren't right for each other, It would have broken me. I didn't want to be vulnerable to this feeling of love.  My heart knows it all the way but my mind wouldn’t. I needed time and I thought, once you start meeting another woman, “ Swara wiped, spilling tears, “ you might feel I am not good enough to fit into your world. I didn't want to have my hopes raised only to feel shattered. I was trying to run away from the truth. But, then I couldn't resist your love.  I felt my walls crumbling but still …there was something holding me back. 

“ Then I realized that there are no guarantees, no surety in a relationship. It's all based on love and mutual trust and understanding, hoping it will be happy ever after.  And  I know happy ever after’s need to be worked on. ..and I think ..  “ Swara looked right at Sanskaar, her heart so full of love for this precious man who graced her life. 

“I found mine. I found you , Sanskaar.” 

Sanskaar simply stared speechlessly. He had dreamt of this moment from the time he had fallen in love with her. He thought he would be prepared when she would agree to be his…but no he wasn’t, not for the happiness he felt at that moment as if his heart would burst with joy …

“You better tell me … this is on the same lines of what I am expecting, Miss Bose. ”Sanskaar asked, holding back the happy tears. “You take one step towards me, I am not letting you go ever again,” He said with finality. Never ever. Not even if she comes with her hare-brained schemes. He will deal with them later.

Smiling at his warning, Swara threw her arms around his neck, “Yes! I love you Sanskaar Maheshwari, And Please don't let me go ever,”  And his hands went around in a hold, that clearly screamed. Never ! and Her feet off the ground, Swara felt as if living her own fairy tale. So, This is how it feels to be swept off your feet by prince charming in a real sense. 

Her feet down , They smiled looking at each other . 

---------

“Finally! you are back to senses,” Sanskaar smiled teasingly and kissed her quickly on the lips.

Swara took a moment to gather, “I have been such an idiot,” she smiled, kissing him back.

“At Least one of us is smart,“ Sanskaar said breathlessly as they parted, only to be smacked first and get kissed next. And this time they kissed for a long time.

“Why did you leave?” he asked, catching his breath back. 

“After Kavita left...The first thing I wanted to do was to call you and shout that I am in love with you, but I didn't want my doubts to follow. I just thought I should come here, to give myself some time to be sure. I was coming back in the evening anyway. I didn't want to disturb you. I only packed little stuff for Tara and for any emergency. I didn’t know … Mrs. Braganza would create such chaos. I am sorry Sanskaar.” She hugged him silently only to be engulfed in his warmth.

And when Sanskaar asked about the deal, Swara smiled and said about Kavita seeking her help in finding her right match after wonders she worked on Sanskaar. 

“She thinks If I can make you fall in love ... anything is possible.” 

“Only if you promise , You will reserve  the 'right one for you'
business  to the female population .Please don’t try to enlighten  another man’s life with your sessions.” Sanskaar chuckled.  He can't even imagine Swara batting eyelashes or calling some other man ‘honey’ .

“Jealous already Mr. Maheswari?  “Swara inched close , her arms around his neck clearly amused. 

“No! just cautious Miss Bose,”  Sanskaar leaned further, “It's hard not to fall in love with you.  And I intend to be the only one for you.” He whispered and pressed his lips softly against hers,his arms holding her in loose embrace.He kissed her gently ,tasting her , savoring her, feeling elated  She was his.

“It’s always going to be you,” Swara sighed as they parted short of breath. And they stood with their foreheads pressed. “Only you, Sanskaar Maheshwari,”

----------------------------------

Sanskaar pulled back suddenly,” Oh God! How could I be such an idiot?” he murmured. Then He dragged a confusing Swara inside and found Tara playing in a room oblivious of all proceedings around. Tara, more than happy to find her favorite person, lifted her hands. Sanskaar was quick to grab her, “I missed you too, sweetheart. Your aunt has gone nuts. Let's fix her ” he murmured, kissing her on the cheek.

 “Hold her for me please,” He said, handing over Tara to Swara. And fumbled in his pockets to drag out a little velvet box.

Swara gasped. He didn't have to spell out what it holds.

“Sanskaar! You don't have to do this,” Swara said. She has him. Nothing else mattered. He had already gone way above her.

“Oh Common, Swara!”   Sanskaar said with a mild protest , “ You have shown me enough romantic and mushy movies. I am not missing this part .I have been carrying this around everyday waiting for my chance.” 

Sanskaar got down on one knee and flipped open the box. And Swara was staring at the most beautiful diamond ring in rose and white gold. In the center was a princess-cut diamond shining out its way. The little diamonds that paved the band sparkled as if little stars were sprinkled around. Beautiful, delicate, and exquisite.Something straight out of dreams.

------

“Swara Bose, I Sanskaar Maheswari promise to love you more with each passing day. I promise to be the most caring and doting boyfriend, lover, and husband. I promise to treasure and cherish you all my life. Will you please do the honor of being my one and only?

He turned to Tara, “ Sweetheart, I promise to be the best dad in the world. You will be my pampered princess. I will spoil you rotten. Will you please let me marry your aunt and accept me? I promise to love you both to the moon and back.

Both of you, Please be mine forever and say Yes Please…” 

--------

Swara pressed a hand to her heart as her eyes filled with happy tears. Oh, this wonderful man is going to be hers. She could have never asked for someone else. Swara turned to Tara, “what do you say, darling?”, she asked in a choked voice trying to hold back, “ Should we say Yes to him and tie him up to us for our entire life?”

Tara clapped her hands in glee watching her two favorite people. “ Baa” she nodded, clapping a little more only because she sensed it was  definitely a happy moment. 

Swara turned to Sanskaar and nodded yes, letting happiness spill out as the ring graced her hand.  “She always says yes to me, “ Sanskaar smiled and grabbed both his girls into a hug.

And finally, his life felt perfect …a perfect happy ever after.

-------------------

Hope you enjoyed reading this tale.
All thoughts views and stars are welcome .

Till we meet with next story !
Soon

Love
Lucky

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.6K 2.8K 16
Private story Story starts after 6 Months leap Laksh return back and sanskar asked divorce for her and she sign it and throw paper on his face
3.6K 220 11
A journey of a love story where the love birds accidentally fall in love with each other by a touch,,, A touch connects their hearts though they were...
10.5K 485 11
it's a story of a couple who were separated by Destiny... they. never try to search for each other.. but when destiny plays her own game we have no...
87.5K 5.3K 20
the story start from sanlak fighting