𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 πŒπˆπ’π“π€πŠπ„

By Sash0712

βœ§πƒπ€π‘πŠ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„βœ§ Evangeline ( Eva ) Wilson is a 22 yrs old, intellectual, charming girl who is alway... More

INTRO
CAST And PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50

CHAPTER 51

3.4K 94 50
By Sash0712

He was Christmas morning, crimson fireworks and birthday wishes!

All only in her dreams!

***

EVA

'Get ready, wife'

Mr Knight's only words after his call had ended. He then had simply marched out of my cabin only to come back in a few minutes later. Without explaining anything to me, he had asked me to grab my belongings and when I had questioned as to why, he replied with a plain, 'You'll see.'

I didn't even get to have a quick little chat with my boss or even inform Mr. Fell about my sudden departure. But when I was following my husband down the hallway, I received a knowing wink, indicating the boss's friend had done the needful.

Unfortunately Emily was not at her desk when we reached the entrance, so I quickly sent her a text that I will call her later. The walk towards the parking lot was filled with several questions but they only existed in my head. I was busy trying to keep up with the long strides of Mr Knight that I didn't exactly get time to ask them. But that's only until we had reached his convertible.

I was curious after all

Daniel opened the car door for me but I didn't enter immediately. Putting my hands over the hips, I turned around to question him but obviously... was interrupted by a horn. Michael got out of my car, walking towards us. He greeted the both of us, and if you don't consider the side eye he gave me, he was all right.

"Master, it's all done. Just give me some time to park Mrs Knight's vehicle back home and I'll be there in no time." he handed over a few papers on which Mr Knight drew his smooth, detailed signature.

"Remind Ben about the week off proposal. We won't be needing his services for approximately fifteen days." A week off? Fifteen fucking days? Where the hell are we heading off to?

Michael nodded his head. "Sure, Master. Is there something else I need to do? Your luggage?"

"No. The bags have already been loaded." Daniel stated. I snapped my eyes to him. "What do you mean already? Wasn't everything decided just now? Will you tell me what the hell is going on?"

Both men ignored me and before I could say another word Michael had already left us, heading back to the car. One thing I caught out of their conversation was that even this big man was tagging along. Not that I am against it, I admit I have got quite used to having him around.

Which most certainly didn't mean that I like him.

Well, it's not my place to decided if he should go or not when it's him who is aware of where we were going while I was entirely clueless. When I finally thought I can ask the questions, another man stuck his head in between. With a huge grin, Bentley patted my head as if I was a ten year old, which for a second, made me wonder whether all this really was about honeymoon or not. "Everything is ready. Sean is all set up to depart."

"All right then." With that, the men started to walk but after a few steps when they realized that I hadn't moved a foot, Mr Knight turned around. "I hope you understand that there needs to be female for me to have a honeymoon."

"I have plenty of questions right now. Answer them first if you want me to be a good girl and get into the car." I muttered stubbornly.

"They can also be answered on our way, wife. Now hurry up because we don't want to be late." He didn't wait for me to argue, rather deciding to slide into the car himself. I sighed, and convinced myself that it was a lost cause to actually make Mr Knight listen and reply like any other normal man would.

Also I was a little excited to find out myself. Once we were inside the car, I didn't waste time before shuffling in my seat, and was about to bombard my husband with questions when he whispered something to me. His voice was very low for me to actually catch those words. But the only indefinite word I got and the smirk on his face was enough to make me pause.

Still unsure and suspicious, I gestured him to repeat but for precaution shifted a little closer to him so that he can whisper it into my ear. What I heard was something that made my heart do a flip-flop inside.

Instinctively, I scooted away from him towards the door. Was he serious?

"Have you lost it?" I whispered back.

Dark, sea eyes glistened with amusement but they also held that little devilishness. My eyes trailed down to those perfect lips as if they had a mind of their own, when he slowly mouthed. "Do it."

"No!"

My head snapped to Bentley through the rear view mirror who was apparently decisively unaware of what was happening behind him. When I looked back at Mr Knight, he stared at me as if waiting for me to move and.... Hell! No!

I looked around for my phone and opening the message box, I quickly typed out the text.

That's disrespect to his presence!!!

And snapped my head up to give him a pointed look. When he didn't move, I sighed audibly, which luckily didn't attract further attention and motioned for his phone which had pinged inside his pocket. Icy gaze read the message and fingers began taping on the screen.

Quietly I waited for the message with trembling hands and pounding heart. My eyes didn't leave my phone, clearly disturbed by the way my body was reacting. The phone dinged.

That's your punishment for leaving me bothered this morning. And obviously, I don't care about him.

I swallowed. Then typed out.

I am doing no such thing!

The message came in a second.

Are you scared, wife?

Scared? Why would I be scared? Infuriating! I am afraid of nothing. But this-

I'm not a patient man, Mrs Knight.

I plopped the phone beside me. Fuck, why would I decide this particular day to wear a dress? My thighs pressed against each other involuntarily and I planted my palms over them. Was I actually considering it? I wouldn't admit it out loud but this little expedition has got me hot and excited.

Suddenly, I felt warm breath against my neck and my eyes snapped to the rear view mirror, fixing my gaze on the man currently driving leisurely. As I felt the presence beside me, I held my breath and prayed to the universe that Bentley doesn't look anywhere but the road.

Daniel's deep voice whispered, sending waves of hot numbness up my neck, into my fuzzed up mind. "Do it. Take off your panties. Now, wife."

And then he was gone. I didn't feel him anymore. Slowly lifting my head, I sent him a sharp glare despite my actions. My hands moved smoothly over my thighs to the hem of my dress, raising it a bit. Without making a sound, I quickly pulled at the band of my innerwear, bringing it to my knees.

My throat felt dry and my heart thumped against my chest rapidly but I kept my focus on the rear view mirror for precaution. Slightly bending down, I glided the fabric down my legs and slowly lifted my foot one by one to get rid of it.

When I was done, I sat up straight and adjusted my clothing, trying my best to ignore the feel of emptiness down there. A hand extended in front of me and my ears burned as I placed the piece of clothing on it.

As if nothing happened, Mr Knight commenced a conversation with his bodyguard about business and commerce. While I on the other hand was extremely frustrated with the situation, and quietly just sat there, with thighs pressed together.

The ride to wherever we were going was quite long and after about half an hour, I ended up falling asleep.

I was deep in my slumber when I felt something on my left thigh. The soft touch brushed against my skin from where I guess the dress had slightly been pushed up. Lightly, the fingers traced up and down on my inner thigh which made me lose my sleepiness but I still kept my eyes closed. The hand being mischievous began sliding more closer to where it shouldn't.

"Daniel Knight, you better have a good reason for waking me up?" I muttered, groaning, keeping in mind the third person in the hearing distance. I peeked at him through one opened eye to which he just shrugged. "We are about to reach. I thought you would want to stay awake while we do."

Straightening myself on the seat, I removed the hand which was still on my thigh and peered out of the window. We were quite out of the city area heading towards... what I saw was the end of land and start of... wait what?

Are we at the Port of Seattle?

My eyes took in the entire transformation of town locale into advanced infrastructures all around. Tall structures and machineries, huge establishments, larger vehicles for bulk cargo... and before I could finish describing we were already driving onto a lesser crowded area.

As we went further, I saw a huge, grayish vessel on our left, stationed in the blue waters. I didn't realize I was inclining onto half of Daniel's body for a distinct view until his lips touched my cheek in a soft peck. I would have blushed and moved back instantly if I wasn't completely awestruck by the view.

The car slowed down, making me curl my fists in excitement. God, this is amazing!

What exactly were we doing here?

"This is so cool! So large! Oh my gosh! Are we allowed to go inside that? I really want to... " I gazed at the ship, very intrigued by its body.

I have always had this fascination about huge ships, be it for any purpose. Everytime I see one on the TV or the internet, I always sit and admire those beauties. I find them mysterious and interesting.

Daniel chuckled at my reaction. "We are." He stated, as Bentley stopped the car at a marked area. I slide myself out of the vehicle and patiently waited for the men to announce further. I kept my ears open for their conversations as I gawked at my surroundings.

Just then a low accented voice came from the right. "Good evening Mr Knight! It's so good to see you."

A man in a polished, white tailored uniform approached us with a wide grin. His hand moved up to take off his matching cap and he held it underneath his shoulders. With admiration evident on his face, he shook hands with Daniel, who nodded his head, a small rare smile on his face.

"Evening, Sean. I could have said likewise but you know I won't."

Sean laughed, shaking his head. "Alright, alright!" He then turned to me and clapped his hands together once, bowing down a little. "Hello Ma'am. My name is Sean and I am the caption of The Daemon."

"The Daemon?" I asked.

"That's the name Mr Knight gave to the ship." My mouth curved into a circle in wonder but I covered it up with a chuckle, and greeted him back, cheerfully. "I love your profession. It's nice to meet you captain!"

Shortly after that, Mr Knight and Sean disappeared to some cabin at the base of a two-floored building. Bentley asked me if I wanted anything to drink but I didn't feel like having anything, so I refused politely.

After a few silent minutes, I chose to get it off my chest. "So, I am a bit curious. The captain said Daniel named this ship. That massive thing down there! Please don't tell me he owns a ship as well."

Bentley let out a laugh. "Not really. He doesn't." I sighed in relief. The thought of owning everything terrifies me for some reason. "His company owns it." Bah!

I gave him a long look. "Oh, it makes so much of a difference, doesn't it?"

"Actually it does. This is the smallest, fastest and probably one of the most expensive ship, the company owns. Majorly, as far as I know, it is never available. Mr Knight paid the rent for having it all to himself for the period."

"Did you just say the smallest? But it's so huge. My god! It's crazy!" I expressed disbelief, palming my face.

But somewhere I was still confused as to why Daniel had to exchange it for money. I mean he is the owner of the company which owns the ship. So technically he is the owner of the ship. Or wait.... Oh! The freaking concept of separate legal entity! Ofcourse it's what it is.

Isn't that what I learnt from my law case study? A company is a corporate legal entity, separate and distinct from its owner or members. So, if a property is owned by the company under its own name, it solely has the rights towards it. Whoa! I am so smart!

My little self-appraisal moment was brutally interrupted when we were called towards the front. There stood a movable staircase which from where I stood looked like it started from the dock leading towards the inside the ship.

Daniel in all his glorious glory stood strongly at the bottom of the stairs, giving instructions to three men. His dark coloured suit enhanced his features, tightening at the biceps when he crossed his muscular arms against his chest. For a second, I was mystified as to what to ogle at; the enormously built beautiful ship or the gorgeous man who-wait...who now was staring right into my soul.

I snapped my head towards the vessel, taking this golden chance to admire its features. Several tall buildings, towers, gigantic edifices-everything covered with glass walls and windows. It was somewhat difficult to see all of it considering the height it was at.

A slow, cool rush of wind swept over me, brushing my hair out of my face and... that's when I remembered I had something immensely significant missing. Instantly my hands went to hold my dress in its place, hugged to my thighs. Sitting in the car without an underwear was acceptable but moving around without it in the public, was a different matter altogether.

When we came here, I was wholly distracted and absolutely stunned by the surroundings but now... I can feel it stirring up.

"Mrs Knight?"

I didn't realise I had frozen in my place when I heard Daniel's voice from behind me. He now felt closer than when he had been talking to the staff. Before I could turn around, the warmth engulfed me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "It seems you are quite fascinated by ships."

The slight touch of his body against mine and I felt like closing my eyes in relief. It feels strange how everytime he is close, I feel emotions I am unfamiliar of but my body isn't.

"Yes! Aren't they intriguing?" I agreed.

His palm pressed against my lower abdomen which sent tingles down to my naked region and I felt him push me against himself. The only barrier between him and my skin was the thin fabric of my dress but it wasn't enough to not feel the bulge between his legs. "Can I show you things that you'll surprisingly find are even more intriguing?"

I cautiously turned around in his arms, and as if on cue his hands shifted a little lower to secure my dress from exposing me. "You have a very dirty mind husband, don't you?"

"You would be shocked if I tell you," His one hand remained on my lower waist while the other moved upwards diagonally across my back to hold me tightly. "...that apart from the collection of the undoubtedly innocent novels you have on your phone, I did saw the album filled with ship images as well."

My ears burned in embarrassment, imagining him going through the erotic, steamy adult covers they all have. Did he do through the content? Oh gosh! Concentrate! Concentrate on the ship images he said! I gulped, trying as discrete as possible. "Er... I have a few favourites, yes."

"I would be happy to try those favourite positions you must have learnt by now. Hmm..." His husky voice rung in my ears, hitting sensitive spots which I mind with people around. His rough hand gave a soothingly soft squeeze against my back, right at the place where if touched would send me off the edge. This seriously was not a situation to get drippy and that too without any trustable barrier.

When I regained control over my wandering mind, I forced myself to wiggle out of his arms and maintained advisable distance. That didn't waver the smirk implanted on my husband's face. Instead it seemed to have widened a bit.

"I still don't know what we are doing here. I mean you did say that we will be going inside but isn't it almost night now?" I asked, but frowned when I spot a familiar black Mercedes at a distance.

He shrugged, "You'll see."

The car halted right next to the one we came in and out stepped my bodyguard. What surprised me was that he was unusually dressed in casuals. All black but still they weren't his regular uniform. He grabbed a few sacs from the trunk of the vehicle and tossed over the keys to another one of Mr Knight's men who had exited from the passenger seat. Then he walked towards us and handed one of the bags to Bentley who thanked him in return.

I didn't get time to express my confused state before my hand was grabbed and Daniel led us up the stairs and inside the water beauty.

We were welcomed by Sean and a few crewmen who had wide smiles on their faces. A female crew member extended her hand that had two beautiful lockets hanging over. Her smile was so encouraging that while picking them, I enquired. "Thank you! What is your name?"

"I am Lysia. Have a great journey, Mrs Knight!" she chirped cutely, her black eyes shining brightly. Journey?

At a loss of speech, I nodded at her and after they had given the lockets to the men behind us, we walked further inside. My mind actually began putting pieces together, believing it was me who was acting dumb right now but before I could come to a conclusion, Daniel halted his steps.

I glanced behind at him when he spoke. "You suggested we could go on a small trip across the world for our honeymoon, right? That's exactly what we are doing, Evangeline."

My eyes widened.

"Fifteen days roughly as estimated. We will get to explore the life-in the ocean, All the luxuries we need will be provided by the staff. We might find--"

"Wait...wait. Wait! You mean we will be living, here... on this cruise. And In. The. Middle. Of. The. Freaking. Ocean!"

"Yes, exactly."

I covered my mouth with both my palms, shivering in exhilaration. "Oh my god! That's literally what I had imagined back in school... in the arts class, when we had to draw a ship."

"You know, I had such a dream that night where I was laying over the deck, gazing at the ocean... the darkness, the night sky. This ship.... oh!..." I couldn't contain my excitement and squealed, jumping on him. My arms circled around his neck and I didn't realize I was showering soft kisses all over his face.

A thick, breathy laugh left him as he moved to hold us steady against the platform. He didn't push me away. I had him so tight in my embrace that I felt his prominent chest pressed against my breasts. I had no thought of what I was doing or the long forgotten naked lower half of my body until someone behind stated. "We should leave, shouldn't we?"

Another came. "That's right. Let's do so." That suspiciously sounded like my bodyguard.

"Should we ask the crew to disappear as well? Or maybe to stay clear of at least this section of the ship."

"We most probably should."

Slowly, with equal redness on my face as a ripened tomato would posses, I lowered myself on my feet. My hold on the lockets tightened as I slide them in my dress pocket. I stood there silently, unable to say even a word to justify my over reaction.

It might be over delirium for people but for me it was tremendous happiness. I love cruises. And I love the nature, the oceans. So this totally means the world to me. It genuinely brought a smile on my face and I really couldn't keep it at bay. "I am sorry if I--"

Bentley looked shocked. "Are you crazy? We are so happy for you, Eva. You deserve the world" He frowned, expressing his displeasure that I would even think of apologizing. "You don't have to be sorry for being excited at all. We were just pulling your leg."

"Oh!" My smile returned as fast as it had gone as I felt relieved. The two men excused themselves, after informing where they will be and walked towards the brightly illuminated part of the ship.

"Shall we?"

My eyes met Daniel and I nodded my head, stepping forward.

~⁕~⁕~⁕~

Any description of what this cruise ship felt like would turn out to be an understatement eventually. It was more like an private yacht, with all the luxuries you could think of. From where I stood, I could see the number of decks there were, both as we go higher up and also stepping down the spiral staircase going under the platform.

Numerous varieties of restaurants, dance clubs attached to stylishly equipped bars, cinema areas for entertainment... and so on. Each deck consisted of several different amenities, large cabins and quarters for lodging purposes. The moment the ship had began to sail, we were advised to stay on the inner parts for a few hours until everything was stable and clear.

"Let me show you to your suite," The crewman, named Asher, said with a stiff hand motioning towards the in-built elevator. "Please follow me, Mr & Mrs Knight."

As we walked, he informed us, more specifically me, how this vessel has over one hundred and fifty suites in total. The largest, which apparently was the one we were supposed to stay in, was on the topmost floor and contained over three thousand square feet of space, three walk-in closets, a dinning room and two freaking balconies.

It being a 'sky suite' had a huge private solarium, a room-sized balcony hot tub and two luxe bedrooms with sky-view ceilings. Gyms, in-room spa, even had a grand fucking ebony piano for some reason. A sweeping glass-lined staircase led to the said bedrooms from the spacious sitting area. And I dared not step towards the bathroom to find out what it could have!

At some point it felt like I had very little vocabulary to actually describe what this heavenly vessel consists of. It was when I had seen the large 'outdoor' diamond- shaped jacuzzi that I absolutely ceased trying to take it all in and chose to enjoy it instead.

Time seemed to have gained an incredible speed because when we had finished exploring and had freshened up, it was already past the dinner time. Hell, it was almost midnight!

We were called over to the tenth deck to a restaurant cum bar where we met Bentley and Michael again. From what Daniel informed me, they were given suites down the hallway, on the deck lower to ours. Despite the fact that, the only people present on this ship were the four of us, a few of Daniel's men and the entirety of the cruise staff and crew, which approximately consisted of a few dozens of people... anyone who wanted to reach our deck was not allowed until they were inspected by our bodyguards.

It felt terrifying!

My mind being the one that is mostly engrossed in the fictional world thought of reasons like intrusion of pirates or sea robbers.

"Looks like I would end up falling sick thinking of all the food in front of me right now." Bentley grinned, utterly immersed in those deliciously filled dishes.

Michael nodded, quite unable to respond considering his full mouth. You must be wondering what sweet little me was doing... because I was too busy having icecreams and mouth-watering desserts to even throw a glance at their direction.

Daniel, on the other hand, was having a very healthy diet-promised meal and I didn't spare him a look when he tried to warn me. There were sophisticated dancers entertaining us on the dance floor, both male and female.

Apparently the male dancers, who were also exotic dancers by profession, thought it was nice to enthral me with their potential stripping skills... which was possibly what seemed to have touch a raw nerve of my husband. Although he didn't chose to rob me off my fun, instead from what I last checked he had situated himself on the lounge bar couch with an old fashioned whiskey glass in hand.

Michael remained close to where I sat, himself enjoying some liquor-less drink and Bentley had disappeared to somewhere outside the restaurant. The time went by as my mind drifted off, physically I was wide awake but mentally I had completely relaxed.

The music was considerable loud but not ear-deafening so when someone said my name, I didn't have to look to see who it was. I felt movement beside me before Daniel's thick voice spoke lowly into my ear. "Let's go out."

Knowing him, the words weren't those of an offer and it was confirmed... when his fingers wrapped around my wrist and he pulled me off the chair. He led me out down the escalator towards what I realized was the right outer area of the ship called the starboard. Stepping on the promenade deck, we stood by the taffrail but what sent a shiver down my spine was the sheer darkness that had thickly enwreathed around us.

As far as my eyes could see, the night overpowered every ounce of light that could have managed to reach us. The moon looked more clearer than it ever was and the sky was filled with innumerous twinkling stars. The night was dark and dangerous but at the same time it promised life and righteousness. His voice was cold and distant when he said, "Come closer."

I hesitated for a moment but then stepped forward and stood beside him. The soft brush of his arm against mine was enough to flood my body with heat and electricity.

"Not closer enough..." He spoke into my ear as his warm hands moved to my hips, tracing and teasing a little until his long fingers wrapped around my sides firmly.

That sent desirous sparks deep inside me, and my knees unknowingly turned wobbly. I could feel his stone-hard body against mine and my hands had become quite independent when they guided themselves through his hair. I didn't know what happened or what I was thinking but... when his eyes lowered down to mine and he opened his mouth to speak, I lifted myself up on my toes and pressed my lips against his.

Time had frozen. Our lips remained connected and I had totally lost it. But when I realized what I had done, I went rigid. Immediately stepping back, I turned away, internally cursing at myself for being so impulsive. Sure, we had more than kissed several times but this instinctive reaction was not necessary.

I avoided Daniel's gaze, staring nowhere in particular. My brain made me think of things I didn't want to at the moment. Things like the marriage contract, the threats, the reality of my life. And I feared that the little stunt I pulled seconds ago will anger Daniel for some reason.

Or maybe he will snap back to his real self and remind me of the harsh truth-the truth that all this is fake. Suddenly, I had become silent and had began wishing for the worst. My breath came out slightly ragged.

Daniel let me be for a moment, probably himself stunned by my actions but before I could get a chance to isolate myself, his hand grabbed my arm. He didn't pull me, instead stepped closer himself. I held my breath, trying my best to stop the hurtful thoughts but still didn't look up at him.

Slowly, I felt his hand move inside my pocket and he retrieved those lockets that were still there. With no words, he lifted one up to my neck. His free hand traced against my skin as he brushed my hair to one side and leaned in closer to put the delicate ornament around my neck. When even after he was done, he didn't pull away, I reached up for the other locket and that's when I actually took notice of what it said.

There was a small calligraphically written name at the centre of the locket. The name of the ship.

Somehow, I didn't feel saddened as I had a few moments ago. Raising my hand towards him, I pushed myself up on my toes and managed to clasp the hook behind his neck. My eyes remained on the pendant, flickering when a finger tapped under my chin so that I would look up.

"I hate this..." Daniel whispered quietly and I felt my eyes lose their ability to stay open. "I hate it when you shut yourself off because of me."

I didn't know how longer I could stand still with all the different emotions overwhelming me, but I didn't dare to hold him as support. I felt like wanting to hide out and cry for no valid reason, which made me vulnerable yet angry at the same time. I was confused and petrified at the sudden toll the feelings took over me.

What was happening to me? Why was I suddenly so emotional?

But when his hands slowly made their way around my back, I couldn't help but rest my head against his chest. It was hard to be strong when the memories threaten to envelop you, forcing you to remember things, you are subconsciously trying so hard to leave behind.

"Evangeline, please..." I nodded, my hands lifted, pausing momentarily before circling around his neck. "... just look at me."

I did. I pulled away, and met his eyes. They were the same. Cold and dark, void of the warmth I wished they held.

Still as I stared up at him, the darkness inside him eerily seemed to calm me down. It wasn't filled with menace or the constant sense of outrage. This time the darkness was palpable as if that's exactly how he feels.

My heart constricted in my chest at the thought of what it feels to be like him. I know that his wealth, the power he holds or even his entire empire... none of these give him happiness. It's like he is stuck somewhere behind and his heart refuses to let go.

When he spoke, his thick voice was low but very clear. "I want you to know that I didn't bring you here so that we could have sex."

"Neither are we here because of our mother's wishes." He moved his fingers, behind my neck, brushing against my bottom lip as though wanting to grab all of my attention. In a hushed voice, I asked. "Then why exactly did you bring me here, Mr Knight?"

He paused for a second, unable to actually understand his own motive. Those beautiful oceanic eyes skimmed over my face, lingering on my lips a bit longer until he closed his eyes tightly. "You don't get it. Even I don't...,"

"I don't want this. But I am what I am, Evangeline." His statement confused me but I didn't have the heart to stop him. Not when he was actually speaking what he feels. "I could let you go, and you could move far away, change your name and start a new life, but I don't want to. I could let you live freely all by yourself but that would mean I've failed. You don't understand."

His voice gave me chills. No, it wasn't hurtful or filled with rage but it wasn't relieving as well. It showed me how complicated he was. It gave me a glimpse of what could happen if he let it all out at the worst time. "I could be a better husband, and give you a real relationship but it... it will only make it a lot more harder. No, I don't want to ruin you now."

"Daniel..." I breathed heavily.

"I don't have it in me to hurt you anymore but I can't help it. I've felt you. And I've felt what it means to be with you, to be around you... to be yours..." He struggled with himself, gritting his teeth deviously. I could no longer understand his words but I didn't say anything. I remained silent, scared for us.

His body was entirely in his control because he didn't even stumble once, the alcohol had no effect on him physically. But his mind was lost, driveling into his darkest corners. "I shouldn't want you. I don't want to want you, but I do. And I don't want to be the man who has threatened you to give yourself to me, forced you to be mine."

"But that's who I am, and I can't change that." He sneered, aggressively stepping behind.

I restrained myself from asking the questions. The questions that I am dying to know; what happened to him, what made him who he is. But if doing that would mean relishing the evilness in him, I was fine being in the dark. I knew this wasn't the right time. I could feel that.

"You said you wanted me because you have plans." I questioned, uncertain what I myself wanted to achieve from this. "Do you still want to fulfill them? Do you still just want me for that? Am I still only a living assurance for you?"

There are several instances when he has claimed that I was just a medium for whatever he wishes so dearly. And I sure as hell didn't need another moment of his admission to the same. But these questions were meant to satisfy something inside me, maybe a darker part within me that I have oh so perfectly kept concealed.

A twisted part of Evangeline Wilson that wanted to prove it to herself for some deviant reason, that he needed her just as intensely as she needed him.

And I feared that woman with passion. I feared her stupidity to still be tied to this man.

"Yes, I do. And I won't lie to you." He closed the distance between us, his hands gripped my shoulders firmly. His eyes burned into mine as he rooted me just by his chilling gaze. The freezing weather around was nothing compared to the iciness that swirled within him. "But Eva, it's so... so hard for me to admit that you are so much more than that to me."

I shivered under his gaze as he continued. My heart was pounding in my throat, loud and hysterical. "I cannot let you go, even if that's my last chance to do something right. But I don't want to force you either. You don't get it. It's not simple."

"I want you to become mine yourself, because you want to... because you choose to..." He confessed, hovering over my own lips dangerously. "That's the truth, Eva. That's how messed up I am."

My mind was questioning my own sanity at the moment. The fact that I was still listening to his darker secrets made me realize it wasn't just him who was messed up. I had no idea what I was thinking but the words left out of my mouth, "What if I choose to not be yours because I don't want to? Will you accept it?"

What is it that I truly desired?

His eyes turned darker as if he was close to shutting off again. And if it was possible, his voice sounded even more unnatural. "Then, wife you would have to run... as far away as you can and never come back. Never. Look. Back. Because I would go insane and wildly search this entire world for you."

I couldn't think of doing that. However foolish it may have sounded but I knew that it was simply impossible for me to leave at this point. I should have felt relief that if I wanted, I could free myself of him but instead I felt at war with myself. The thought felt suffocating.

And here as I stood in the middle of the ocean.... surrounded by nothing but darkness, I realized that... that despite the storm that could destroy me if I stay with him, I desired the life that has him in it.

⁕⁕⁕

A/N

Hello lovelies!!

This chapter was difficult to write but it was important. It's not always we get to hear Daniel's part of the story, because he has emotionally isolated himself from the world.

What do you think of this chapter? Or their honeymoon? Let me know!

If you like this chapter, make sure you vote and comment. Your feedback is appreciated.

Love,
SasH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 1.3K 17
"I'll give you everything you want, but are too afraid to ask for. There's no judgement with me. With me, and only me, can you truly be free. Over ti...
60.9K 1.6K 39
"I love you so much, darling. But you need to learn that you won't be going anywhere. You're mine." With that being said, his other hand slides down...
633K 15.4K 70
Eva queens, eva is a gorgeous beautiful woman who can make men fall on there knees with just one look, her black silky hair sways on her hips with ev...
335 46 39
"Cut the Mr. Knight bullshit, sweetheart. We both know I'm more than just your boss and it's futile to believe otherwise." He growls. He leans close...