(BERSERK X RWBY) RWBY: BERSERK

By Struggler_San

After a long battel with Griffith and the god hand, Guts dies succumbing to his grieves wounds however fate h... More

RWBY: BERSERK A/N
PROLOGUE PT1
PROLOGUE PT2
Vol. 0 ch1
Vol.0 ch2
VOL 0 CH3
VOL0 CH4
VOL 0 CH5
VOL0 CH6
VOL0 CH7
VOL0 CH8
VOL0 CH9
VOL0 CH10
VOL0 CH11
VOL0 CH13
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL 💀🎃👻
VOL0 CH14
VOL0 CH15
VOL0 CH16
VOL0 CH17
VOL0 CH18
VOL0 CH19
VOL0 CH20
VOL0 CH21
VOL0 CH22
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL 2 💀👻🎃
VOL0 CH23
VOL0 CH24

VOL0 CH12

1.4K 30 47
By Struggler_San

After leaving the care of his gear to godo. Guts takes the substitute sword and heads to fortress GRY to train. He trains for some time, as he parries a log that swings back and forth, however he has a feel that he is being watched, he takes a moment to "rest" and subtly observe his surroundings. When he first established this place, it had the purpose to give a complete three-sixty view of his surrounding unlike the camp which had hills and he cleared out some foliage to make a proper clearing. He was about to continue his training until he lays eyes on a bird, specifically a raven. He would have brushed it off, however that has been the same bird for the past month. And frankly he is getting annoyed by it.

He noticed it for some time now and noted its odd behavior. Like how it never breaks eye contact with him, it always appears when he starts training right after school and always leaves when he finishes. How every time he trains he makes powerful strikes, it doesn't  flinch or fly off from the pressure that it gives off. But what seals the deal for him are its eyes, a fierce color of red similar to a grimm, despite that it's not triggering his "curse" so he did nothing about it, until now.

He goes over to have a drink of water with his hands on his hip near his crossbow, he slowly undo the strap desperately not to alert the bird. He then stopped drinking water and wiped his lips as in an instance he drew his weapon and fired three shots making the bird fly up and dodge the incoming fire. Guts grit his teeth, confirming his suspicion that this was no ordinary bird. He quickly loaded an ice dust bolt and fired it. The bird dodge again looking back at the ice bolt, as it hits a tree turning it entirely out of ice, it shatters from the sudden temperature change. The bird still hovering looking at the tree, it turns back to guts, only to have him right in front of it. Guts figured that the bird had some intelligence so he fired the ice bolt catching its attention as he jumped high in the air, prepping a strike as the bird looked back at him. He could see the white of its eyes, as he brought his sword down at the bird. It manuver itself out of the way, making guts miss and cursing himself. He drops to the floor rolling to break the fall, he stands up ready to shoot again until the bird goes straight to him, clawing at him in the face. Guts tries to swat it away but can land a hit. The bird seamlessly tried to scratch his eyes out but with no avail, but did manage to scratch his face a few times.

Guts then release a burst of aura creating some distance with the bird, as it finally takes its leave and files off. Guts scratched up and royally pissed off, was not going to let this bastard fly off scott free. He channels his aura to the very edge of the sword and fires off an aura slice in the air. He lands a hit managing to clip its wing causing it to fall, he grins as he takes off to its general direction. running through the woods, he sporadically looks for any sign of the bird, only to meet a blunt object smacking him in the face cause him to fall on his back. As he's clutching his face in pain he hears the sound of a sword unsheathing and a strange noise, making him look up, managing to see the tail end of the anomaly. It was a red flash but it seemed like an act of a semblance. He got up and walked where to anomaly occurs, as he was walking he noticed some splashes of red on the ground. He inspected it, seeing that its blood he followed it until it came to an abrupt end, ending where the anomaly was. He inhale in and out in frustration as he looks at his surroundings looking for any signs of disturbance.

His moment of observation was cut from the ring of his scroll

"Hello?" Guts said as he answered the call.

"Guts, you need to get home now. Some important looking lady wants to see you." Yang answered.

"I'll be there in fifteen." Guts said, but his neck started to sting as he heard growling. He looked over to see some uras surrounding him; he sighed and figured that it was his frustration that drew them in and his curse.

" actually I'll be there in thirty mintues" he said and hung up he propped his sword on his shoulder and chuckled "heh, i'm so glad you're here. i need something to vent out on" he said to them as the lunged at him and he dash forward at them letting out a battle cry. "GGRRAAHH!!!"

He made it out of the fight with barely any sign of a struggle as he walked home. Upon entering he found Qrow, Taiyang, the sisters, and some blonde woman sitting in the living room.

"You must be-." The blonde woman was cut off upon laying eyes on guts, in confusion he looked to the residents, meeting the same reaction. Horrid shock

" ok... what's wrong" he asked with Qrow being the first to speak

" kid. What happened to your face?" he said pointing at it

Guts then feel his face, feeling some scratches on it and a ping of pain on his nose. He realized that he never healed himself as he was too busy with the ursas. He needs to defuse the situation

" ok, ok, it's nothing bad, I was just training and got carried away" he lied he did not wish to bring up what happened, he might tell Qrow but for now he has to put everyone at ease. He activates his aura and feels the injuries fading

"You see good as new" This still did not put them in ease but seeing that Guts acted casually they decided not to push further

The blonde woman composes herself before speaking "well then... you must be guts, yes" she extends her hand offering a handshake. Guts respond in kind but is a bit speculated

"I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are?" Guts said as he shook the blonde woman's hand.

"My name is Glynda Goodwitch, and I'm here with an offer." The now named Glynda said.

"Okay, what kind of offer?" Guts cautiously asked. The woman gestured for him to sit down, so Guts sat down between Yang and Ruby. "Tell me, have you heard of beacon academy ?" Glynda asked.

"I know it's a school in Vale for hunters and huntresses in training, but other than that I don't know anything." Guts said.

"I work for someone fairly important. He saw a recording of your fight against your peers and was very impressed. He sees a lot of potential in you Guts. so he sent me, with an offer. He is offering you a spot this starting months enrollment in Beacon ." Glynda finished. Guts' eyes widened in shock, along with Ruby, Yang, and Tai.

"This has to be a mistake. The academy is meant for aspiring hunters, not some kid in the boonies who knows how to fight ." Guts argued, unable to comprehend that someone would offer him a spot in a world renown School.

"That is exactly why you are being offered this position, Guts. You are among the best this generation has to offer." Glynda said as she gave Guts a small smile. "We recognized that you are young but in what we saw you are far more mature than your classmates and a well rounded combatan." The xailong resident noticeably perked up when he heard that. "You also have a mind of a tactician, although a little head strong the result cant be scoffed at." Guts was a bit reluctant to admit what Glynda said. "Not only will you be in the vicinity of some of the best weapon engineering classes but it can also help you with some skills that you lack and continue on your combat prowess." Yang and Ruby grinned for different reasons.

"Of course, no one is forcing you to enroll. It's okay if you don't want to accept." Glynda said.

"Could we get a few minutes to discuss this?" Tai asked.

"Of course. I will be waiting right outside." Glynda said as she opened the door and went outside.

"You better say yes, Guts." Yang instantly said once Glynda had gone outside

"Do it Guts! For the weapons!" Ruby said as she shook Guts' shoulder.

"Hey you could enter and fight opponents best suited for you." Taiyang said, obviously trying to persuade Guts.

"I for one think it's a bad idea." Qrow suddenly spoke up. Everyone looked at him in confusion. "Think about it. Some lady we don't know is offering Guts a spot in one of the most prestigious academies in all of Remnant. Doesn't that sound a little fishy?" Qrow said. Taiyang was about to say that both he and Qrow knew who Glynda was, but Qrow continued talking. "Besides, the kids have never been outside of Patch. They could get lost in vale and-"

"Did I mention we also offer free housing within vale" Glynda suddenly said from behind the closed door.

"-And I think it would be a good learning experience for the kid. Say yes Guts." Qrow said. The vote was fairly unanimous, so they called Glynda back inside.

"Have you reached a decision?" Glynda asked.

Guts thought about it for a while. Although it was strange how he was not aware of any recorded footage of him fighting, he can not deny that the offer is tempting and the opportunity of fighting possibly stronger opponents was alluring. However, two things prevented him from accepting without hesitation. Firstly was qrows comment although he would have not thought twice it was Tai's expression that caught his attention, when Qrow interjected he saw that tai was about to speak, the expression was one of confusion to qrow's statement on 'some lady we don't know' does... Tai knows this woman and if so... does Qrow know her too?

But Guts pushes those thoughts away not wanting to doubt Qrow. However the second thing that made Guts hesitant was his friends, specifically Yang. She is his best friend along with Ruby, he knows that they want the best for him but he wants to go through it with her on her side, not to mention he still havent found his "dream" and if possible she could help him. I want us to stand as equals... they have dreams to go after... and i refuse to stand in the sideline

"... Ms. Goodwitch, do I need to give an answer right away?" Everyone flinched by the response, they were not expecting that answer, especially Qrow and Goodwitch who were expecting a gratitude yes, This might/could be a problem they simultaneously thought "W-well yes. though i have to speak with the headmaster but may i ask? Why the hesitation?" She asked, trying to compose herself.

"No, it's just I figure that such a huge decision needs time to think over i uhh..." he pauses as a thought enters his head "actually i'll be attending vale picnic acting as part of the security, by then i'll have your answer if you or the headmaster are available at that time" he answered

The professor thought about it for a while before giving a smile "yes i think that can be arranged" Gut satisfied nodded as he glanced at the others, giving a supportive smile.

"It seems our business has been concluded for now. I'll be taking my leave" she said gathering her things and heading to the door "i'll walk you out " Qrow suddenly said. He followed Glynda outside, opening the door for her. Before she exits she looks back at Guts.

"Have a wonderful day and i hope to see you in my class" she said as gut gives a small wave. As the door shuts he  turns to face the xaiolongs

Immediately meeting Yang, who starts shaking him by the shoulders "GUTS! why did you not accept the offer?" he was about to answer but was pulled over by someone else and made to lower himself to be in equal level "Guts! Why did you not do it for the weapon? Guts!!! Think about the weapons. Guts!!!" Ruby exclaim with surprising amount strength grabbing on to his collar, shaking him

He grabbed Ruby's arm and pried them off "first of all it my choice to do so, and secondly i can still choose to go i just need time to think"

"...no offense Guts but that's a load of bull-"

"Yang?!"

"Sorry. But come on Guts there has to be more than that?" Guts stayed silent looking at her thinking about what he should say. "...Tch, honestly I know it's been some time but I never expect you to forget about our promise that night." he said vaguely enough for her to know. Yang runs over on what Guts said in her mind, before her eyes widen in realization, the night on the roof of the hospital. When they made the promise to him, she never forgot about it but she never thought that he'll factor that in his decision for his future. Her face lit up on the fact that Guts was thinking about her. This did not go unnoticed.

"Yang are you ok? Your face is turning red" Ruby asked as she was pointing at her, gut proside this was him embarrassing her. huh i guess she did forget. She swiftling look the opposite direction avoiding eye contact from everyone

Tai was observing the interaction as he piece everything together, see his eldest blushing, and hearing this "promise" they made.

"Heh, alright then guts it your choice. Whatever you choose we'll support your decision" Guts could only smile, that they'll support him. While this was happening another discussion was occurring just outside the house

"What were you doing in there!?" Glynda growled once they had gone outside.

"What did I do?" Qrow asked as he innocently raised his hands up.

"We went over the plan. You weren't supposed to say that you didn't want Guts to go. You were supposed to encourage him." Glynda said as she jabbed a finger in Qrow's chest. "You could have jeopardized the entire operation."

"I'm sorry. I just thought that someone saying no would be more dramatic." Qrow said as he reached for his flask.

"Bring out the damned flask and I will throw you off a cliff." Glynda said as she menacingly got out her riding crop. Qrow slowly brought his hand away from his flask and put both hands in the air. "Qrow, from here on out I'm going to need you to be a bit more serious, at least until after the Vale picnic." Glynda asked as her ever present scowl briefly changed into a pleading frown. Qrow may be an asshole, but he was still decent enough to grant Glynda this one wish.

"Alright, I'll follow orders until the end of the picnic . After that, It's back to my usual self." Qrow said.

"Thank you Qrow. I'll see you in Vale about a month from now." Glynda said before turning around walking away from the house.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The weeks went by and the day of the Vale picnic came by quickly. During this time Guts has decided to leave the fort and opted to train near Godo's, much to the old blacksmith's displeasure. Lucky for Guts, Godo has some training equipment he could use, with some convincing to use them. He came to this because his training area has been 'compromise'. He is certain that someone was spying on him or the girls, so he told them that the fort has been invaded by a family of skunks. They believed him and asked them not to disturb them if they made it their home, then he spoke to Qrow in private after explaining the situation he adopted a grim expression and asked Guts if he was sure it was a crow. After confirming it Qrow just told not to worry and left that day. Guts always respected Qrows personal business but cant help and wonder who are the people that Qrow work with to "guard the world" he knows for sure its more than huntsman business, essecasily for the world's security. He could have chopped this as a drunkard pulling his leg, but he learned that when it came to his job he's very serious, as a teacher and a huntsman. However he pushed those thoughts down   and focused his head on training and his future.

On the day of the picnic. It was stacked with people that lived near the area. There were food stands that sell fried food to sweets and even vegan food. There were games and a stage that anyone could perform on. Fortunately for the people of Vale, Tai was not one of those people. The event took place outside of some ruins, it seems to be of a large fort that was at least an acre. We were told that it was off limits, that no one was allowed to enter. The remains of what was the fort were pieces of the wall still standing it, shattered foundation and rotting wood beam and frames.

As everyone thought this was a ploy for politicians to garner support, there were different parties from all four kingdoms majorities all preaching the same with the Grimm, faunus rights and criminal activities. But there was one that stood out for Guts, someone from the mistral that was trying to get support for the poverty of Mistral. Sure she would have gotten support if it wasn't for the fact she was so outspoken about sensitive subjects that people ignore or sweep under the rug. If possible she would have his support. Currently he's wearing his gear and has his sword on his back with his crossbow, patrolling the ground acting like a glorified mall rent-a-cop. He was getting odd looks from the bystander. His guess is because of his sword being outlandish, he simply ignored them and continued his duties.

Acting as security he was given a badge to show he was the security of the event along with the others. He was second of command of an active huntsman, who was in charge of a group of ten including himself and the huntsman. The way he became second in command was because of him being the best of the class in terms of combat, the role was mute because the second in command were basically acting like the leaders it's just that the huntsman were the ones giving the orders and the second in command order the rest of the group. Security as a whole consisted of four groups each in charge of a cardinal direction, his group were in charge of the south side of the event as well as the ruin. He had had the honor of working with a huntsman that was lazy, he was asked to be his second in command, seeing how guts was the best. the huntsman just pushed his responsibility to Guts while he enjoys the festivities. While it annoyed him it did not bother him it was more or less similar to what he did as a mercenary. He told his group to be in a specific area and follow a simple walking pattern so that they can't be overwhelmed. His group praised him for his leadership and sense of order, while they followed their orders within the event,  he was in charge of patrolling the outer perimeter. He did this so that he can avoid as much interaction as possible, especially when he needs time to think.

Guts was deep in thought that he blocked out his surroundings and went on auto pilot on his patrol. He still hasn't decided whether to go or not. Either go and face off against stronger opponents or stay alongside his friends and go with the motion in school. Beforehe could go further, someone had been calling him.

"Guts!" Guts was out of his thoughts as he looked in front of him to see yang. "Oh, yang what's up?"

"What's up? Guts, I've been calling you for a while. But you kept ignoring me." As Guts was patrolling, Yang and her family arrive at the picnic and she manages to find him. She went off and chase after him calling his name but geting noreponse, until she got in front of him "hmm, sorry i was thinking" he explained

"... You still haven't decided yet have you." she said upon realizing. "Yeah honestly I think I might go for the latter." Yang was happy that he came to a decision, but she felt a sharp pain in her heart. She was unsure why but it felt familiar. The only time she felt this way was when her 'mother' summer....

"So where's Ruby and Tai?"

"..."

"OI,Yang you ok?" Guts raised his voice slightly, getting her attention. "....Huh, you said something, Guts?"

"I asked about Tai and ruby... now are you ok?" Guts asked as he raised a brow, while Yang tried to compose herself. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine and ruby and dad are looking for a good spot to settle the picnic, are you going to join us?"

"Not sure i'm basically managing my security group and filling in for the huntsman that in charge of us"

"Where is he anyway?" she noticed that Guts was patrolling the all of the southern perimeter instead of going half way

"My guess... Probably at some food stand, retelling  his latest exploits to some unsuspected fool" Guts said as his voiced trail off to an accent implying his sarcasm. Yang chuckled for a bit before responding. " If he's not doing his job then report him to Uncle Qrow, isn't he the one in charge of them in the slack off?" Qrow was the only one in the school faculty that volunteered... that is what they officially said, unofficially he needed to make up some days of absence. He was put in charge of the four huntsmen they have on site "no, it's fine i don't mind, im us- i mean until Qrow gives us the ok i'll meet up with you guys. For now go have fun"

"Nope, im hanging out with you for the time being, so you can get rid of me that easy" She stated while poking at his arm. Guts continues his patrol with Yang as well as making some side conversation. This went on for awhile until they meet some familiar faces

"Yo, yang, Guts over here" they saw that it was Judeau, pinpin, and corkus, they were all equipped with their weapon, with corkus having a long spear. Judeau could be seen with a bag of caramel popcorn approaching the duo.

"MMM...Ahh, sorry I had some popcorn. Wants some '' he offers the bag shaking it a bit, Yang shrugged and took a handful he then aimed the bag to Guts who just took a piece. All the while Guts looks at the three with a raised eyebrow "what are you guys doing? aren't you supposed to be with your groups?" he asked, questioning the three in front of him.

"Relax well ya, we got some of our guys walk through the stand " Corkus said waving he hand

"And the rest?"

"Well what do you think? There, enjoying the picnic, no need to be a hardass about it" he retorted. Guts could only sigh in annoyance, it seems that only Qrow and Guts take their job seriously. He at least expected the three to be vigilant, but no.

"Guts it fine, i mean it's just a picnic and as far as we could talk there is not a lot going on" Judeau assured, guts held a stern expression then he looked at pinpin wanting to know his thoughts. With his expressionless look he simply nodded at guts also agreeing with judeau.

"Tch i dont get why you so anal about it. It's not like you're any better, i mean looks at your guys are out and about.'' This makes guts furrowed his brow. "What do you mean?" Upon seeing Guts' confusion Corkus adopted a smug smirk.

"What?... you didn't know your guys are enjoying the festivities'' He said in a mocking tone. Hearing this he marched with Yang in toe looking for his group. Right away he knew they were gone upon reaching the nearest station position, clicked his tongue in annoyance and started looking for them.

"Yang help me look for them"

"Sure" the both went through the aisles of stands maneuvering through the crowds of people. Guts was glancing side to side at the crowd, while Yang opted to ask people about the security. As he continues he bumps into someone.

"Oof- sorry i wasn't looking i- oh hi Guts"

"Guts? Hi Guts are you free" Guts saw it was ruby and rickert along with erica all the hold all types of food

"Oh, Ruby Rickert, what are you two doing?" he asked the two

"I'm actually looking for you and yang. Dad was starting to wonder where were you"

"I just here with erica...oh guts your part of security?" Rickert asked as he noticed the badge. "Yeah but no one is on site and I can't find any of my guys."

"Oh, we actually saw one-" "Where" Guts interrupted with a cold tone "uh, over here"

He lead him along with Erica and ruby. They walked to a food stand that sell noodels and one of the customers was a student's, he was busy wolfing down a bowl of noodle to notice what was about to happen. Guts grabbed his shoulder and harshly spun him to face guts and roughly gripped his shirt pulled him closer to him, he tried to talk with his mouth full. "Hey what's the big-" he mumbled as his eyes widened upon seeing who it was.

"(spit take) G-Gu-G-Guts-yeah i, uhh i-i was taking a break" he said trying to convince Guts. Guts only had a hardened expression that sent chills to all the bystanders nearby.

"Where's Gaston and the others? Why aren't you not in your positions?" He barked as wring him out.

"We-we were but the lead huntsman told us to relax and we went our separate way" he squealed as he avoided eye contact from the black eyed teen. Guts harden his scowl, bringing the sniveling boy closer to his face. "Where.Are. they?" He spoke low, but clear enough to hear. "The huntsman convinces them to come with him to the ruins, apparently there is an underground cavern that holds treasure" as he finished guts drops him, his knees unable to handle the intense pressure collapse, he then looks up to guts "guts? What are you going to do? Are you going to tell mr. brandwen?"

"Of course I am. as a second in command i will have to give a full detailed report at the end of the event" he declared with his voice laced with venom. He marched to the  ruins with the others in tow, unbeknownst to him he failed to notice ruby's feared expression seeing for the first time Guts acted "violent" to others that did not involve training. yang soon caught up to Guts seeing him heading south

"Guts any luck on finding them" she asked looking behind him to see rickert and ruby with the latter having a grim expression. She went to her as Guts replied " there near the ruins the slothed bastard somehow convince them to abandon their post and go treasure hunting" Yang listened but attend to Ruby

"Ruby what's wrong... Did guts do something?" she thought about it before shaking her head "... n-no... i just want to hang out with you guys " she said trying to convince herself. They reached to the out skirts of the ruins with Judeau and the other with them

"So did you find them?" judeau asked, finishing the last of the popcorn as he threw the bag over his shoulder. "There in the ruins cavern with the appointed huntsman"

"Alright then" judeau clapped his hand wiping them clean "let's go find them" he twist his wrist activating his weapons, the remainder of the security group also followed suit check there weapon

"No... i'll go after them, these are my men, my responsibility." he declared grimly, "tch.. Fine suit yourself" Corkus spat, not really caring to help Guts. guts went through his gear consisting of his Greatsword and crossbow, as he marched on to find them.

"Guts, would it be better if they come with you?" Yang expressed with worry

"This is my mess and I need to take initiative... also i have to give that bastard a piece of my mind." he sounded off not bothering to stop looking back, but before he was out of ear shot he shot back with " HEY!!! Don't worry, just take ruby back and wait for me i'll be back soon" She and the rest looked on as his figure became smaller and smaller.

Guts walked through the ruins as he worked himself through the remains of the old fort, he was thinking that it was just his luck to have to deal with on the day he was going to accept the offer. He inwardly sighed as the thoughts of going to Beacon became one of lingering doubt. He doesn't understand why he is not accepting the offer with any trouble but it's a nagging problem especially when the day was getting near. His head perked up, hearing a commotion, he ducked under and went to take cover. He slightly peered up seeing what was the cause, to his surprise it was his group along with some others that belong to judeau, pinpin, and corkus. Guts reads the situation, there seems to be some sort of discord between the student and the huntsman that was assigned to him. He observes more seeing that the students are the ones that are troubled while the huntsman has a nonchalant attitude. The one that is leading the student side is Gaston who wore a worried expression

Having access to the situation, Guts left his cover and walked toward the mob. He was within earshot hearing the argument that was occurring.

"Sir!!! We need to go in there and find them. It's been way too long for them to be down there." Gatson expressed dryly

" nah, it fine i'm sure they are just trying to carry as much loot as possible" He older huntsman said waving off the worry

"But they would have come to us and asked for help, sir if there not back soon and we do not leave, people will be wondering where are we and i would not like to make Mr. brandwen mad or-"

"HEY, what the hell is this!?!?" Gaston was cut off by the last person he wanted to face right now, he along with the other look over to see Guts maching his way toward them, most likely to kick their collective asses.

"cap-ca-G-guts, HE HE. hey what good, um we could exp-"

"Gaston!!! The hell are you doing!?!?" Guts was dangerously close to Gaston, within striking range in fact. Before any harm can be done, the sloth huntsman gets in his way, halting the angry teen.

"Woah, hey there junior, HAHA let me guess you're mad that you weren't invited to the little treasure hunt huh?" he speculated as he was winking at Guts while pointing at him with finger guns. Guts all the whole had a blank stare, unimpress of the "huntsman" that stood in front of him. Is this really what signal academy had to offer?

"I mean we were going to invite you, but you look like you were enjoying yourself being the leader. But don't worry when we get the loot we would have given you some. Am I right , fellas?" He tried to get everyone to agree, which they did hesitantly.

Guts looks at everyone and let out a heavy sigh, "what. is. going. on. here?" Guts said gritting his teeth, clearly not in the mood

"Alright, alright we sent some guys in to scout ahead but they haven't shown up, they worry but it's a treasure so who wouldn't take their time." He explained nonchalantly, Guts shot a glance at Gaston who flinched before looking back at the huntsman. The stressful situation was interrupted by a blood curdling scream within the caven, catching everyone off guard. Guts was at the ready, his hand on the handle of his sword, waiting for what might happen next. He could faintly hear the screams as they faded.

"...I'm going to get them," he said, heading to the cavern entrance. Before he could go any further the huntsman stopped by grabbing him on the shoulder  " wait now just a-" before he could continue, Guts swiftly grab the back of his head a pull forward with such force, that he slam his head to the ground, to add an extra measure he dealt a kick across the face knocking him out cold, the others were shock by the speed and brutality that was just perform.

"Wait guts don't go we dont know whats in there we got to get Qrow here" Gaston he begged holding on to guts arm preventing him from moving. the onyx clad teen glared at him before snatching him by the gruff of his shirt with aggression " you tell Qrow and you'll have to deal with me." he threatened, then tossed Gaston to the rest who catched him. " and don't you dare follow me"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Tch, it's like Guts to go off and do his own thing. the guy probably doesn't have the balls to ask 'father dearest'. tch no wonder there father and son." Corkus mocked, muttering the last part

"You got something to say Corkus?" Yang asked in annoyance, glaring at the crooked nose teen. He clicked his tongue and avoided her gaze. They were still on the outskirts of the ruins looking in the direction. They all stare looking for any sign of Guts or his group, yang stare intently waiting for anything while ruby and rickert finished there food that they had erica opted to sleep on rickert lap. The three students were also waiting, Judeau was armed and ready if anything happened along with Pinpin with his mace on his shoulder and corkus with his arms crossed looking elsewhere. Ruby tries to read the situation seeing that everyones on edge.

"Hmm, hey rickert do you know what's the deal with the ruins over there." she asked pointing at area in a way to lighten the mood

"Oh, if I remember a long time ago it was a fort that was supposedly the last stronghold for humanity. it goes that the fort held off an assault of grimm for months with humanities forces dwindling, but luckily they receive reinforcement, and fought off the horde however it did not come without  sacrifice" he looked toward the destroyed fort

"for some reason the fort was found destroyed and all the soldiers dead some thought that they all died during battle or an enemy army to advantage and raided them"

"Oh that's cool I guess but what were the reinforcements?" She question wondering what was the turn tide of the battle

"Uuh, another army?"

"No.. it wasn't an army it was a man" everyone turns their attention to Pinpin

"W-what?"

"It was a man that saved the fort then destroyed it" he stated, "just one guy changed the battel?" yang asked in disbelief , hear the conversation prior

"Zodd..."

Everyone turns to Judea with puzzled expressions, for some of them have heard of the name Zodd.

"What you said was correct, Rickert by official historians anyway... but other sources state that Nosferatu Zodd joined the fight against the grimm only to get a chance to fight the surviving soldiers afterwards" Judeau explained grimly, getting mixed reactions from those who heard it. Ruby could not understand why anyone would do that while Yang is disgusted by the action for someone's way to entertain themselves. Rickert was lifted wide-eyed upon hearing that name.

"Nosferatu Zodd, who is that?" the silent giant asked, making Rickert do a double take " Pinpin you don't know?" Rickert exclaimed

"He's a mercenary, a legendary sword master. Any battle he participates in results in mountains of dead soldiers. But there is more to his legend. They said even when he was thought to be dead, he would appear again on another battlefield!"

Yang and ruby listen to the young blonde boy's story with intrigue. "But that is not the incredible part. His name has been heard for more than a hundred years. That's why he's called the immortal Nosferatu Zodd."

"Rickert dosn't believe in such nonsense" corkus scolded the boy having enough of the tall tales. " you speak as if it were true. It's nothing more than a fairy tale like the four maiden or the warrior in the woods''

"No it's true, there are sources that prove this, and some believed that he's the god of battles" Rickert tried to reaffirm "right. And next thing you know, that urban legend of the 'hundred grimm slayer' is true"

Upon hearing this the girls stiffen. Ever since that day, their uncle had to tell the doctors how Guts received his injuries. While it was outlandish that a young boy took on hundred grimm, they nonetheless put it down as a grimm attack, but soon rumor spread about a man taking on a horde of grimm by themselves. While Guts identity stayed hidden in the rumors, the ones that know kept it to themselves and how they invariably created an urban legend.

"Um, but why did he have to fight those soldiers?" ruby asked in hope of changing the topic "hmm, supposedly he likes to fight, i guess. From all the sources tell that he enjoys the fight." judeau explain while looking in the distance "He's taking a while isn't he"

"I bet that he went alone so that he could keep the treasure." Corkus retorted

The sisters scowled at the comment "He doesn't care about that" ruby shot back

"Quiet shorty no one as-OOF!!!" Corkus was cut off by Yang who delivered a gut punch. " and no one asked you to talk" she said looking down at the downed teen whos clutching his stomach.

"Yang?"

"Yes ruby"

" I think we should call uncle qrow". She expressed worry about guts especially hearing the story. Yang stood silent thinking what to do

ELSEWHERE

Qrow is in a frantic mood not for the event taking place but for ozpin and glynda not here in the picnic. Him being the head security was not by accident but by design so that qrow could get Guts to meet them, however they have not arrived yet. He's been sending messages  to the headmaster but with no avail. So he tries calling him, while he waits for the call to get through. He glanced at the event games and food in full effect, he wished that he and Guts could join the girls and Tai, he then glanced over seeing one of his students enjoying the picnic. He thinks about how most of the security are attending the picnic, ditching their responsibility, but it's fine, it's a "field trip". However, he knows Guts will take his assignment seriously so he could trust him. I mean he was a mercenary, so it's only natural.

"(CLICK) hello?" On the scroll Ozpin answers

"Ozpin! Where the hell are you i figured that beacons headmaster would attend this event especially when it in your own backyard!"

"Sorry qrow due to the picnic the council took this opportunity to visit and discuss critical matters and James is also coming and as for Glynda I have her conducting several tasks. She's running up and down trying to complete them. I promise the first opportunity she has she'll go... in any case has he told you his decision"

"No he hasn't" in truth Qrow did not wish to get involved in Guts decision, it was his and wished not to influence in any way so he lifted it with him. Although it was for his own benefit Qrow wants him to not to grow up fast to enjoy the days of youth before heading to the harsh reality, but he guesses that it is too late for that.

"Hmm, I will either see Glynda or I will head to the picnic and speak with him. With that being said how are the festivities"

"Alright, but some of the quests here...lead more to be desire"

"What do you mean?"

"... schnee"

"Oh, I see. Will that is what the picnic was meant for, what is he doing?"

"Behaving for the most part... he brought his kid to sing on stage"

"Leave it to Jacques Schnee to use his own children as an exhibition stunt (BZZZ)" Qrow looks at his scroll seeing an incoming call from yang.

" Will, oz. I gotta bounce. See you when I see you" he hangs up and answers the call. "Hey kid what's up?"

"Uncle qrow it Guts..."

"..."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
IN THE UNDERGROUND CAVERNS

Guts was heading deep in the cave, he noticed that the cavern is man made, meaning that stability shouldn't be a problem. He unsheathed his sword, continuing to head forward. He came across two pathways however one was not part of the original structure, the corridor was roughly made not matching the symmetrical structure. He turns to the roughly made one knowing that his classmates are looking for hidden treasure. It'll make sense to hide it somewhere not obvious. As he enters the atmosphere, he feels as though he was in a similar situation and every fiber of his being is telling him to turn back , however he ignores this head forward. As hes getting he hears whimpering, he picks up the pace following the noise and see it from a student

"Dilos!!" Guts runs to him crouching down, supporting up his head. Upon holding him Guts saw that almost half of his body was gone and a puddle of blood was spreading. The side of his ribs were prominent and his muscle tissue and organs exposed, falling out of place and his blood vessels shooting out uncontrollably . Guts witnessing this was left shocked, he thought he seen enough to make him numb, but this was a whole new level

"GUKK-Gut-ts" A voice cried out as Guts snapped out of his stupor, he turned to the dying teen, who has tears running down his face.  He continues to make inaudible noises blood pooling over his mouth "m-m-m-mum-m...(h-hic) dd-da-add-dg ...-GRRUHH" with what seem to be an audible last cry. The life from his eyes lifts, finally escaping the painful existice. Guts gritted his teeth looking up seeing a blood trail that went deeper in the cave, he laid down his comrade and closed his eyes and started running into the darkness.

Guts felt useless, unable to save his men in time. He wonders if there are grimm in the cave, if so why have they not come outside when there was Gaston and the rest upset. He made it to a large room that had columns ranging from wood to mud and stone but what struck him was a sharp pain in the back of his neck sending waves of pain through his body. However this time he wanted to scratch out the pain, digging it out until he felt nothing. He controls the urge to do so, looking at his surroundings he sees mounds of corpses dismembered and rotting the smell it releases was right unbearable. Glancing at one of the mounds he noticed that the corpses are old, nearly skeletal, some wearing old armor.

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" Guts heard the scream and run toward it  as he turns to a column he sees a large figure holding a large sword that rivals his, piercing two student whose corpse are limped being held by the sword and holding another student with his free hand, his fingers dug into that students skull

"GGGGRRRRAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" Without missing a beat Guts lunges to the massive figure with intention in killing the bastard, but before he can do so the figure fling his sword launching the bodies  with such speed at Guts who barely brace himself. The bodies hit and the force behind them was enough to send Guts to a nearby column. His aura filicked slightly making him wide-eyed.

What...this... what the hell is he? He looked at his attacker. A piering light illuminates him, the being stood before him he had a dark complexion, jet black messy hair. His stature was large and muscular, probably  standing over seven feet, he only wore gray trousers with a leather belt and was barefoot. But the most alluring feature about him was his face, he had an inhuman flat face with fangs protruding out of his mouth from the lower jaw, he had furious red piercing eyes that would put any grimms eye to shame. When Guts lay eyes on him he was visibly shaking. This 'man' before him shook him to the core the sense of familiarity was too strong as word echos in his head over and over, it cause the young man to utter it out loud

"...Zodd..." how in the hell do i know this guy?.... Did I see him in my visions?

Zodd swung his sword down at Guts, he could only defelet and dodge the attack, able to get back on his feet. The strength behind that attack was too much to block so it was his only option. Zodd looked at Guts with intrigue "you can dodge my sword, boy... you're pretty good" he goes for another strike making Guts block the attack, making him drop a knee. In an intense he goes for the side. Guts managed to swerve his head to the side, the blade grazing a few hairs off as it sunk into the pillar behind him. Guts leaped to the side not wanting to be conner and fired his crossbow, shooting bolts at him but zodd simply swatted them out of the air. Guts opted to change his ammunation to dust bolts but before he could get the chance, Zodd rushed towards him unleashing a fury of attacks with guts barely managing to deflect them as he's being pushed back. With the final strike guts tries to hold it off with his sword by using his left arm bracer to leverage the blow, but with zodd enormous strength it not only made him lose his footing but was launched to the nearest pillar. His back slammed into the pillar making him cough up blood the blow that send him shattered his aura result him to no longer have a shield

son of a bitch he-he shattered my aura

Guts slowly picks himself up as zodd approaches him "excellent... I haven't met anyone able to parry sword in 50 years" Guts stood heavy breathing his arms shaking exhaustion and his hand bleeding on how tight he grips the sword. All Guts could do was parry and he's already this limit. Not only that but he managed to shatter his aura, no one else could do that except for Qrow and he was able to survive due to the size of his sword, if it were a normal sword he would have been dead. Zodd's strength is on a whole new level and his fight prowess is beyond human or faunus. Guts thinks of a way to beat him, his sword is able to catch zodd's but that from there size, he looks at zodd blade getting an idea

If it's just a sword fight, might be able to match him

Guts then took a stance and winded his sword behind him catching zodd by surprise by his bold action

"Ho ho, you knew you would be able to take any more of my swings, so you're going to gamble in a single exchange" Guts only hardened his expression, steeling himself " you're thinking that you'll use your sword's length to your advantage. Before your sword can slice me, I will smash your brain to pieces."

Just one chance...

"That might be fun. We can play like that!"

Just one chance of winning!!!

They both dash forward ready to strike one and the other, Zodd is coming in with an overhead swing while Guts goes for an underhand swing. They both clash with the latter, managing to break Zodd's sword. He then shifts his body and comes for another swing, zodd puts his arms in an x formation ready to take the hit.

"Boy!!!"

Guts with all his strength strikes from above cleaving through Zodd's shoulder and his arms. Guts was relieved that his gamble paid. All he has to do is finish him off, as Guts was about to move a hand grips his sword keeping it in place.

"Incredible! You were cornered yet, you waited for a chance to break my sword...you are the first... the first human to cut me this deep, In the three hundred years I have been killing humans!" zodd belows as white smoke emits from him blanketing him entirely. The sound of flesh stretching and tearing was heard as well as the grinding of bones cracking. Fear creep into Guts as zodd's silhouette morphs into a towering figure that outgrew the room, the smoke finally clears and reveals the montorous for of zodd

He stood more than eleven feet tall, and had pitch black fur. His lower half was that of a bulls hind leg and a long tail, his arms were that of a predator feline with sharp claws. His head resembles a panther with horns protruding forward and his red eyes practically glow.

His wounds now healed and hand took up most of the sword. Fear was etched on Guts face. The concept was so unfamiliar to guts that he does not know how to respond.

"I'm quite pleased, I almost forgot the feeling of bloodlust. I get this feeling back whenever i face opponents like you" he roars his voice low and deep guttural  tone

"For this i've lived three hundred years" he reels back his claw "COME, LET'S FIGHT! DON'T DISAPPOINT ME NOW!!!" he throws a left hook launching guts to a column breaking it upon impact. Guts coughed up blood trying to recover as Zodd lunges forward at him growling as he comes for a bite. Guts manages to dodge by rolling over, but zod assault does not waver as he throws a couple of punches at him, with Guts barely avoiding the hits. He then gets back on his feet and goes for a swing on Zodds head, landing it, but soon sees that it did not cut through Zodds hide. In Guts moment of disbelief Zodd swatted him to a pillar this take taking the blunt of the force to his head

Guts head bled out as he's going in and out of consciousness. He slumped over as Zodd approached him. "What's this?...can't fight any more?" Zodd then pick up guts by holding him from the arms. "Is that all the power you've got" He growls annoyed by the short confrontation, but takes a moment to think "...No, for a human i should say you fair far better than most" he raised gut to his eye level. "But I won't be merciful. IF YOU CANT FIGHT. I'LL CUT YOU TO PIECES!!!" Zodd commences to squeeze his claws and pull on guys arms, making him scream out in pain. But before he could finish the deed a volley of gunfire hits Zodd in the back.

"Huh?"

He turns to see Qrow and some huntsmen and a handful of students with their weapons train at him. Qrow was taken aback by this; he thought he'll be dealing with grimm, not whatever the hell is this. Same goes to the huntsman as they tremble in fear seeing this monster.

"Q-Qrow?"

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!"

"I-IS THIS A NIGHTMARE?"

Corckus was one among the students that went in "H-hey...IS THAT NOSFERATU ZODD???" the question looking back a t the doorway where Rickert was along with Tai and the girls, Tai being one that was preventing any onlookers to see the sight, but not only the monster but the pile of bodies. The girls were close enough to peer behind their father seeing the beast hold there beaten friend

"GUTS!!!" they cried, Qrow looked over and cursed himself. "Don't panic, prepare to fire the second wave. FIRE!" All the huntsmen fire their weapons, as Zodd raises his arm to cover the volley of bullets. He drops Guts and turns his full attention to the huntsmen, Qrow notices this as a chase to save him. The gunfire ceased as everyone looked at Zodd who stood motionless, wondering whether he's dead or not.

"Is he d-dead?"Wonder one of the students.

Zodd lowered his arm, while the bullets that were fired popped out of his body healing the wounds "UNFORGIVABLE!!!"

" I won't give you!! Those who interfere in my fight. No matter who" He yelled with an angry scowl baring his teeth snarling. "I WILL NOT FORGIVE!!!" He lunged a them with the intention to kill those all around him

"No...RETREAT. RUNAWAY NOW!!" guts begged knowing that their efforts are folly. His plea went unheard as Zodd came headfirst toward a few huntsmen ramming them and piercing them, he then carried them with his horns upward crushing them in the ceiling. He proceeds to bite one in half and crush another in his hands. The rest looked in horror seeing the immortal nosferatu zodd in his truest form.

He continued his onslaught, he swiped his claws at a group including some students, the power behind the strike removed their torso from their lower half making them go flying. He stepped on another student in the stomach, crushing him, violently expelling blood out of every orifices . All the Huntsmen are in a panic, all except for one.

"Damit, EVERYONE FALLBACK!!! RETREAT! RETREAT! Judeau get everyone out of here now!" He ordered as he went around to recover Guts, Qrow evaded Zodd and slipped from pillar to pillar to avoid his attention as Zodd continued his rampage.

He reached Guts and supported him up, who struggled to get up "hey, hey kid can you stand up?" Qrow asked as Guts pushed himself off of Qrow finding his balance. "GAH- are you kidding, we'll die if i don't get up" He stated hefting his sword into a stance, weakly. They were about to head but Zodd noticed them and got in their way "where are you going? Your heart still beats, FIGHT! Fight me until your body breaks apart!!!" He dashed at them destroying the pillars in the way

"Can you move?!" Qrow asked, looking at the bloody teen. "If I can't we die!!" guts declared steeling his stance

"Then go left!!"

"Alright!" they both blitz toward the monster splitting into different directions and going for the 'killing' blow. Guts goes for the side of his abdomen and Qrow goes to the arm, both delivering deep gashes making the beast recoil in pain. Both qrow and Guts made it behind him however guts stumble and fell due to his weakened state.

"They landed a hit" corkus said in awe

Qrow went to help guts up "alright Guts let's get out of here" he said offering a hand, in the entrance Tai still held off onlookers but Rickert and the girls still managed to see through albeit limited. They were happy that Qrow and guts fought off the monster but that was short lived. "Uncle qrow look out!!" they cried

The warning came too late as Qrow was struck away crashing into a pillar shattering his aura, Zodd quickly recovered and swatted Qrow with his tail, Guts pushed himself up using his sword as support. "QROW!!!" He tried to hobble to Qrow but halted releasing a shadow looming over him. He turned to see zodd looking down on him. "What's going on today? I meet two humans capable of wounding me.'' Zodd stated, as guts turned to Zodd with his sword in front of him however Zodd back handed him sending him flying. While Guts was still responsive Qrow was knocked out, as Zodd approached him Guts struggled to keep his head up. "it's a shame to have you both here... but now you will die together!" He raised both of his fists in the air ready to crush qrow who laid unconscious. "Starting with THIS ONE!"

"NO!" she cried as she slipped past her father "RUBY!" Tai cried, reaching out for his youngest, Yang soon followed after her but was held back by her father "no bu-RUBY!!! STOP!!!" Ruby ran past the huntsman there she got a good look of the scene, as she saw Qrow lying unconscious, Guts injured and a grimm like monster about to kill her uncle, "NO!!!" The huntsmen tried to reach her, but she was out of reach as she ran toward qrow. Everything slowed down for Ruby, as she pleaded to any one not to let her family die. She was devastated that she lost her mother, she was saddened that guts almost died and now she'll see her uncle die in front of her, she doesnt think that she could bear any more loss in her life. Suddenly in a burst of speed she dashed to Qrow with incredible speed leaving nothing but a trail of rose petals, she reached her destination with tears in her eyes with her hand stretched out in front of Zodd, not really having a plan on how to save qrow.

Everyone except for Zodd, was shocked at the display of speed especially Guts and her family, was...was that her semblance? Guts was left agape at what he saw then suddenly realizing where Ruby was positioned, "RUBY!!!" he cried as he ignored the pain and struggled to get up.

Zodd brought his fists down but stopped upon laying his eye on something that piqued him with great interest. He knew the little girl was in his way but did not care as he would kill her for being in his way, but after getting a good look at the girl he immediately halted.

"WHAT?!?! This...this... a silver eyed warrior?" He was taken aback at the sight of Ruby's silver eyes. He stepped back slowly this girl? With silver eyes, I thought that they all died out, he thought to himself. The rest of the onlookers were surprised by Zodd's sudden stop, even Guts who shook it off and ran toward them, putting himself in front of ruby. "GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BASTARD!!!" he yelled, gritting his teeth at him with eyes of killing intent. Zodd simply observes that action of the boy before grinning and let off a sinister laugh. "HA.HA.HA.HA. HA... so that's how it is huh?" He then punched the ceiling breaking it though making everyone take cover, Ruby put herself over qrow protecting him as Guts has not broken eye contact with Zodd. "Our fight will stop for now, but I'm not sure if I'll be seeing you soon" Zodd stood in his full height no longer hindered by the ceiling. "So, I'll leave you with a warning. No! A prophecy"

"If you call yourself a true friend to that girl, THEN PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A LIFE OF MISERY WHEN THIS GIRL'S WORLD COMES CRASHING DOWN! YOU WILL FACE YOUR DEATH!!! A DEATH YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!!!" he roared as large bat-like wings spouted from his back, great force causing dust to pick up. He then flew up bursting out of the ruin from above as she flys over the people participating in the picnic, causing those that saw it to panic.

Guts breathed heavily as he looked at zodds exit letting his word sink in as exhaustion finally kicked in as he fell on his knees only for Gaston and Judeau caught him before completely collapsing "hey, are you ok 'captain'?" lending a shoulder to Guts

"Yeah... i guess so" he muttered. he tried to get his bearings as some ran past him catching his attention, yang ran past him going for ruby. "Ruby don't do that!" she pleads clung on to ruby "I'm sorry" Ruby muffled be hugged by yang tightly. Everyone that was behind the entrance made their way in, shocked by the massacre's aftermath. Tai made his way to guts seeing how he was. "Guts, are you ok?"

"Yeah... just wasn't able to stop him" he said aimlessly looking at Yang and ruby hold on to qrow. He wanted to see how he was but felt as though it wasn't his place to do so, especially when it was him that put qrow into that situation. Soon the authorities came with medical help, they took both qrow and Guts as they were the only ones to engage the monster. When trying to get a statement, the reports were all over the place with huntsmen claiming to see a monster or the devil itself. The authorities all chalked this a 'grimm' attack and soon had the whole event shut down due to mass hysteria, but the political vultures took this opportunity to gather votes fueling the fire of panic.

On the way to the hospital Guts was being worked on, the emergency response treating his injuries. As he was laying down on the gurney, he glanced over to qrow who was still unconscious. He had a solemn expression; he pinched the bridge of his nose and gritted his teeth in frustration. His stupid action not only caused Qrow to get hurt but have some of his comrades killed and have the girls wittiness that. The girls, ruby was in harm's way and almost died from the hand of zodd and he was too weak to even get up and try to save her. They were lucky that he lost interest due to ruby's silver eyes, but what about next time? They won't be so lucky next time, what if he returns? What if her eyes won't stop him? What if she dies by Zodds hands? What if he's not strong enough to do anything? With all that happens in his life and with his new life, he wonders if he really is cursed?

____________________________________________________________________________VALE HOSPITAL

After entering the hospital, the medical personnel did a check up on the two swordsmen only receiving injuries that their aura can handle with Guts being conscious he was the first to be relieved, qrow however was still unconscious so he opted to wait for him at the hospital garden near the staircase. He was practicing with his sword to kill time but during this his thoughts were still on what happened today with his action, Zodd, his dead comrades, Qrow and his family. As he continues his thought process his movement becomes quicker and aggressive.

Am i satisfied as long as I get to crossword with the enemy!?!? He grips his sword hard as he comes to this realization. Do I think about my comrade one bit?... I'm nothing more than a MAD DOG!! Guts strikes are getting more and more heavy as he goes deeper into his thoughts, he is unaware that his cure is in effect. Why do I always have to be this way? Guts grits his teeth, raising his sword above his head IT'S ALL MY FAULT!! He swiped down with immense force that it picked up the dust around him from the pressure it gave off. He breathes heavily, calming himself not wanting to lure grimm to the hospital.

"Don't get angry" he turned to the direction of the voice seeing Qrow walking to him with a crutch, he looked fine only limping slightly. "Qrow" Guts said relieved that his 'father' is fine

"Geeze kid swinging that sword already. Heh, you went through the ringer much worse than I did and came out fine. Man, you really are tough" he expressed as he searched for his flask. He motions to the stairs railing propping his crutch against it while he leans on to it, Guts copies this but he sits in the railing.

"The docs said that I'll be fine as long as I have my aura running... but if you ask me, I think they are making a much bigger deal than it is" Qrow joked, taking a swig of his flask. "But hey. orders are orders, right."  he noticed that the atmosphere is getting tense, he sees that Guts hasn't spoken yet. He let out a sigh knowing what guts is thinking, he was about to talk. He admits that the teen is tough, but he is still young, he lived a challenging life that not many would accept and keep on moving. He tries to do his best as a father for him or at least something close to it, to give him a life that is deserving for him.

"... Nosferatu Zodd... who would have thought that a monster like that exists... it felt like i was in a nightmare" he said getting the onyx clad teens attention. "But if you think about it, in a way it might be proof that there's something huge beyond human understanding like gods and what not"

"You make it sound like there are more out there in the world... what exactly is there beyond 'our' understanding"? He inquired about the context of what qrow stated and his other occupation "i think there are things best left unknown" he said not putting much thought in the answer.

"However if there is something to know, you'll let me know, right?" Guts tries to push the subject as far as possible. The fact that Qrow and whoever else are the guardians of the world they would know any existing threat, but yet were unaware of zodd? Either two things, one they legitmenly had no idea of his existence or two there is a bigger threat that acquired a lot of attention and if so what the hell did he do to be in their radar?

"Listen ki-...Guts, I don't have all the answers but I sure as hell know what's up, so if there is anything that needs to be brought up. I'll tell you." he stated, he hated that he had to avoid the topic especially with guts. Ozpin has yet to tell him why Guts pique his attention, at first it was a security matter but after getting to know him it was nothing but a kid with weird stuff around him that he's not even sure what the 'weird stuff' are. He at least has the right to know about himself.

Guts let Qrow words sink in for a bit before accepting it. "Alright i trust you" Guts said wholeheartedly. "But at least answer me this"

"Sure, shoot" taking a longer swig from his flask

"... what's the deal with ruby's eyes? her silver eyes. Zodd just stopped once seeing her eyes and bailed"

"Will if I remember the story well, it goes that they are an ancient lineage of legendary warriors who possess special abilities through the usage of their eyes."

"Is that true?"

"Do you see Ruby processing as the ultimate power?" Qrow said in a slight mocked tone

"Hmph no"

"My best guess is that zodd was probably superstitious," Qrow said, having guesses of his own, he knows the truth but best if he fills in ozpin.

"Ah, they said that we'll find you here." someone said as they looked up at the staircase see Glynda Goodwitch walking down the steps with an older man on the other side. "I was worried that we'll never meet but here we are one way or another" the strangers said

Guts narrowed his eyes the newcomer as they approached them, qrow stood back up and guts still sits on the railing "ozpin.. It took you awhile " qrow said dryly as he stowed away the flack, not before Glynda shot a glare at him. "Well, the day was cut short due to what happened"

"(ahem) if you don't mind... hello Guts it's a pleasure to see you again" she said, extending her hand to Guts who responded in kind. "Likewise Ms. Goodwitch'' his eyes then move to ozpin who followed suit " greeting Guts i'm professor ozpin, headmaster of beacon academy it a pleasure to meet you though i wish it could be in better terms'' he reached his hand, guts eyed it a bit before shaking it. At the moment of contact Ozpin jolted slightly and tried to recompose himself, however everyone noticed his odd behavior.

"Heh, you have a strong grip, '' he said, flexing his hand. Guts still eyed him this time with suspicion, but the other two looked at him odd wondering what was that reaction. "Before we start i would like to apologize for what happened today and for the lost of you comrades''

"Don't apologize to me. Apologies to the parents of my comrades, though if you ask me, you shouldn't bother seeing that it won't help bring them back" he clarified coldly, shocking the newcomers except for Qrow who understood where he's coming from.

"Yes I see, in any case you know why I'm here, yes?" he asked guts who simply nodded. "Well then, I'll drop the formalities and ask. Are you interested in coming this year"

"No"

The three adults were shocked at not only the answer but the immediate response after Ozpin composed himself he asked guts why? "Will I think that I'm rushing myself so it's best if I let things take its course" he explained nonchalantly... uncharastically nonchalant. The three teachers could see that the explanation given was bogus, but wondered why he would make up an excuse instead of telling the truth. "I see... i understand how today might affected you so how about we speak again-"

"Listen... i appreciated but it choice is final so thanks for coming here and i sorry to waste your time" he got off the railing on picked up his sword as he turns to Qrow "i'll see you later qrow i'm going to look for yang and the others" he walked off with his sword on his shoulder. All three of them watch as he was out of earshot, Qrow let off a rough sigh and pull out his flask will and proceeded to empty the contents inside "...(sigh~) welp... that was a bust~" he slurred putting away the empty flask, Glynda looked at him with a dead panned look "really?"

"(sigh) Qrow I told you to be serious with this, damnit" Glynda scolded, removing her glasses and pinching the bridge of her nose, clearly upset with today's events.

Qrow looked over to her with a seirios expression. "Hey... i did what i needed to do... as a father, i lift it to his decision ok, beside to him what happened today was a wake up call~" he said running his hand through his hair. "What do you mean by that?" Glynda question the latter end of qrow statement

"He means that what happened today Guts will take to heart and use it to push himself. In other words he realized he's not ready for what is out there" Ozpin stated as he held his cane with both of his hands gazing at the direction where Guts walk off. He understood Guts' decision but wishes that he went for the former.

"Right, well anyway I'm off. got to walk this off and meet up with guts soon" Qrow started to head down to the hospital garden before he could go further he stopped and turned to the two beacon faculty members. "Oh, and I will file my report later today maybe it'll help you with this Zodd situation." He finished and went to walk off the alcohol. After he lifte ozpin looked back where guts was with a troubled look, Glynda noticed his expression. "Ozpin what's wrong? Are you upset the Guts is not interested in enrolling"

"...no... when we shook hands i sensed a death-like aura surrounding him, when i was near him i felt a small pulse of it, but when i made direct contact it hit me like a brick wall" he explained while taking a breath. "Death-like... do you mean he is dangerous?" She worried

"No,no. It's like what qrow reported,he involuntarily draws beings of evil nature to him, he essentially invites 'death' to kill him." he clarified, simplifying his explanation,

that explains why Qrow could sense it... meaning Raven sensed it too. Glynda sighed in relief, she did not want the teen to experience more hardships, though that became more difficult. "So I take it that she might know," She said, emphasizing 'she'. "It's hard to say, but it seems that proximity, I only sensed him when I got near him. I believe it is the same for grimm, only much stronger, a 'beacon' if you will" He said with the utmost respect, no pun intended. Glynda only looked at the headmaster for that last statement. "If that is the case then why are you interested in his battle prowess?"

"Because he's a young man that does not do one thousand kicks once, but someone that performs one kick a thousand times. The way he fight is one that i only see in true seasoned warriors, review the footage and you see what i mean" he said walking off leaving glynda to her own devices

ELSEWHERE

Guts made it to the visitor center in hopes of finding the xailongs. He was going through things to say to them what happened with the cavern, zodd and beacon. He heard a commotion, looking up he saw yand and the others standing with a worried look, he guessed that the doctors never got to tell them that they were fine. He took a breath and walked to the as he got closer he saw a fourth party with them. She had long brown hair, dark complexion and- ... uh oh. As he got closer the fourth individual was someone he was very familiar with, it was casca. In all honesty he always saw her with short hair, so the long hair threw him off...if anything her long hair suited her.

"(sigh)... hey guys" he said. They turn to see him and rush to him. "Guts!" as they got closer they had expressions of relief and worry "Guts are you alright? Is uncle qrow..."

"He's fine, so am i thankfully" He expressed as he turned his attention to Casca whose eyes were shadowed by her hair, she approached him. In closer inspection he slightly dwarfs her by a few inches.

Out of nowhere she delivers a blow on his head, Guts holding his head in pain unprepared for the strike as it was infused with aura. As he clutches his head he looks up to casca who has a slightly teary eye. "Tch why guts? The first time seeing you in years and it's in a hospital, why is it the trouble always draws you in" She claimed as she went to hug him, catching him off guard again. His arms were held up, he was still unfamiliar with showing affection.

He awkwardly wrapped his right arm around her and deepened the hug. After a while she pulls back and looks at him, she has tears running down her face, her eye slightly red.

"If anything I'm glad that you're fine... so where's your father?" she said, wiping her eyes. Guts noticed she said 'father' coldly. Right on que he appeared behind them. "Right here and yes I've been cleared to leave" they saw him walking with a hospital cane and had a slight limp.

"Doctors said that i'll be fine in the following days" he informed me after seeing them. But qrow froze when he saw Casca. "Oh, hey casca, I didn't know you were here. How is it going?" Casca crossed her arm looking at Qrow with slight annoyance.

"... you know qrow when you adopted Guts i figured that he will not pick up your recklessness" she expressed pointing at qrow, he put up his hand "hey the kid is smart enough to not pick up on my bad habits" qrow shot back.

"And what do you consider your 'good habits'?" she asked as Qrow stayed silent. As the two adults, Guts look at the youngest in the group who remain silent. He noticed that Ruby was looking down and was avoiding any enteration from him and Qrow. he walked to ruby and crouched down to her level, everyone's attention was drawn to Casaca and Qrow argument except for Tai who noticed guts but did not intevere.

"Hey" Ruby flinched and slowly looked up meeting guts eyes. She wore a somber expression, that alone was enough to tell everything to Guts. he inwardly took a sigh and looked down scratching the back of his neck unsure how to approach this, all he can think is just ask.

"... are you ok?" She was hesitant, unsure how to respond, she had a mix of emotions stirring inside of her. anger, anxiety, sadness, greif, she is unfamiliar with how to have an appropriate response. Her mind flashes to the times she felt hopeless and despair. As she remembers she tightly closes her eyes and streams out tears, her breath becomes hitched trying to compose herself. She released her grief she collected and began sobbing. Guts hates seeing her like this, he hates anyone close to him like this, he was one the lead with his strength and action but when it came to emotion he was a novice. In a battle he knows how to act, how to conduct himself, he can take over the situation and make it to his favor, but this... this was uncharted ground for him. He hates that he is so ostracized to the people around him, especially those he is close to. As the two youths come to terms to their inner turmoil, unbeknownst to them they caught everyone's attention in their inner circle, staring at the display of grief.

"Why?" she mustered to say, causing guts to look up to her. "Why do things like this happen to you, to uncle qrow, to dad, to US!!" her breathing becomes more hectic trying to control her breathing. "Why can't we be at peace? Why is the world trying to take the ones I love!" Ruby continues to cry. Guts understood what she meant, Ruby at a young age went through so much loss and hardship, while he was raised into it she was groomed in an environment with love and care.

Guts looked upon the little girl as she fiercely tried to wipe the tears. Out of nowhere she was pulled into a hug by Guts, surprising the red head, his hold was strong and stiff but she felt warmth and care . "... i can't tell you why bad things happen..." ruby was silent, lowering her head to guts word, "but i can tell you this, if there are any more bad things. I'm sure as hell will take them head on and I will not stop until I have an absolute victory." he replied, causing the girl to tear up again as she hugged him back deepening the embrace. The rest looked on, moved by the interaction.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________3 DAYS LATER

Days passed as guts is at Godo practicing with his sword that has iron weight attached to them, working on his strength and control with his strikes, with the girls not knowing where he trains and Rickert practicing his skills, Erica of all people help Guts with his training when she has time. He is seen gritting his teeth, his eyes filled with determination.

The past following day of events go through his head. The picnic was known as 'the slaughter picnic'. This had an effect throughout remnant, firstly the death of several students caused a backlash on academies where many parents pulled their children from huntsman academies resulting in having a shortage of students and many academies closed premenaly. Second, the performance of the stationed huntsman was put in question, their performance changed the public perspective. Questioning if they should put all their trust to the huntsmen. And finally the increase of grimm skyrocketed due to the 'grimm' attack in the picnic, with reports stating that a large and intelleget grimm was not dealt with and the notion of a powerful grimm on the loose put evey one on edge, however Atlas', General James Ironwood took the opportunity to introduce the public to the Atlesian Knight project. Advance automated android foot soldiers that will be stastion in any large population, the public loved the idea and began to garner support for the project.

As for Guts he told his close ones that he will not attend the beacon early and that he will go through the popper channels earning his spot in beacon. The xiaolong, qrow and caca support him and his choice. The days in school have been really hectic for the surviving security group, they offer hate and pity to them. Guts could care less about their hate and loathe their pity to him. However he continued his day to day routine on the surface, but Yang and Ruby began to notice a change in guts, began to train harder in early morning, late in the afternoon and at night in the evening. In combat class he began to fight more brutally, opting the rest of the students to be wary of him or give it their all in their sparring session. He upped the ante with his training with Guts focusing more with his strength and satima this also benefited his aura to last long.

he refuses to let down those close to him, he will not allow himself to be weak in the face of his enemy.

ELSEWHERE

At Beacon Academy in the highest tower, sit Ozpin at his desk reviewing the recent event that took place. He furrowed his brow at the current state of things, no doubt this will help his enemy's. Right now things are on a teetering scale, he just finished speaking with the council and they will be handling much of the academies observing their progress with a fine tooth comb. He unfortunate;ly have to give in to their demands, if not they would have removed him and put someone more submissive. He sighed inwardly and glanced at glynda. She was currently looking at the footage of guts fights and managed to pick up some behavior ques and interesting moves. She had always seen some of the footage ,Ozpin was mostly the one that reviews them. After watching them back to back she noticed the Guts movements are far too refined " I take it you can see it?"

She looks away from her tablet and looks at Ozpin. "Yes I do, but all of this can be taught, practiced. All we could know is that he train with Qrow"
"I did consider that however when i spoke to him about that he told me that they only actually sparred once." he stated making Glynda tilt her head in confusion. "What...? But wouldn't he be watching his progress by sparring? Why wouldn't he focus on that?"

"Because and i quote 'there's not much i could teach that kid' I tried to push further but he brushed it off" this made glynda more confused, she knows despite Qrow being an uncouth man he takes his work seriously, so he would never dodge a question from Ozpin. Before they can continue, the elevator doors open revealing ironwood.

"Yes... yes... i'm sure that i'll get on it soon... (sigh) yes i'll stay reviewing all the reports turned in... very well bye" he hang up from his scroll, and looked to his peers. While this was happening Glynda shut off her tablet, the investigation of guts has been hidden from Ironwood not wanting him to go after the teen.
"Trouble at atlas?" Ozpin inquire

"No it just since we were given the o.k. for the atlesian knight, it's been an endless amount of testing and reports from the project and that not including the regular reports"

"hmph, i figured you would be happy for the push of your project. Seeing how you took advantage of the chaos occurring." Glynda said crossing her arms

"Please, glynda it not like that. The people needed their fate restored and i took initiative in calming the masses" The general said, defending his actions

"Yes while you stored there faith and calm their worries, but inevitably crippeld the public perspective of huntsman by being 'Smarter; sleeker; and, admittedly, a little less scary.'" Ozpin stated, as glynda cocked a brow at the general

"(sigh) that was never my intention, but enough about what happened in Fort... Fort, what is it called?"

"Fort Doldrey" ozpin clarified

"Right, Fort Doldrey, what do we know about the creature, this...Zodd?"

"What we know about him is very scarce, despite being around for who knows how long he is very elusive. Makes sense he'll fight opponents and kill anyone, therefore getting rid of witnesses" glynda said as ironwood is looking through the report still intently listening.

"Yes, thankfully he retreated."

"Do you think he has connections with her"

"Doubtful, he would never have a master over him, his drive is to fight," Ozpin said. He stood up and walked to the window, glancing at the view. "But gods help us if he ever sides with that woman"

"Huh" they looked to ironwood who is still looking at the report. "Something that will help us, james?"

"Sorry no, it's just that I'm reading one of the reports here and one of them is astronomy," he said, getting their attention. "Apparently in two years the will be the first eclipse in year"

"An eclipse?"

"Hmm, it's been a long time since there was an eclipse, any record of it would have been a millennium that would be a sight" Ozpin expressed

A\N: WOW I THOUGHT THIS CHAPTER WILL BE SHORTER... ANYWAY THERE TWO CHAPTERS LEFT BEFORE THE MAIN STORY A COUPLE OF THING I WANT TO ANNOUNCE

* I WILL BEE WRITING ANOTHER STORY, ORIGINALLY IT WAS GOING TO BE FOUR BUT REALISTICALLY I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING. SO IM GOING TO PUT OUT A POLL TO SEE WHAT SORTIES YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED IN
(AND HERE I PROMISED MY SELF I WILL NEVER DO A POLL)

*LET IT BE KNOW THAT THIS IS A FANFIC NOT A REWRITE LIKE MOST OF THE STORIES HERE. IN OTHER WORD I'M GOING TO CHANGE SOME THINGS SIGNIFICANTLY, HOWEVER SEEING HOW THIS IS MY FIRST STORY WE'LL SEE HOW THING PLAY OUT

*HOW DO YOU COMPARE MY WRITING NOW TO THE FIRST CHAPTER. IM HONESTLY CURIOUS

*FINALLY I READ SOMEWHERE READERS HATE THE "A\N" NOTES, IS THAT TRUE? BECAUSE I FEEL THIS IS THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO CONNECT WITH YOU GUYS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 161 19
After a fight with the #2 Dark Matter, Accelerator somehow ended up transporting to a world with strange creatures, hunters, aura and semblances. He...
22.1K 378 31
Jaune Arc wants nothing more than to be a huntsman, a knight in shining armor as he saves those in need. He self-trained every night as a young boy a...
19.3K 397 17
After living within the cold walls of the facility, (Y/N) is eventually released and forced to wander the world of remnant. Will he become the hero h...
2.6K 79 5
In our world, there are many stories of individuals from our world being transported or reincarnated to other worlds known as Isekai. What if that wa...