Twilight Witch

By JustAnotherCullen

Elizabeth Gray lost everything. First her parents and then her twin brother. She moved to Forks, Washington f... More

Background
I. New Beginnings
II. "That Witch"
III. Romeo & Juliet?
IV. Carver CafƩ
VI. La Push
VII. The lion & the not so frail lamb
VIII. Intimidating
IX. Cullen Coven
X. Nightmare
XI. Attack
XII. They Want You
XIII. Something Normal
XIV. Wolves
XV. Shapeshifters
XVI. Always
XVII. Runes
XVIII. A reflection
XIX. Strega Scarlatta
XX. Hex
XXI. Safe & Sound
XXII. Unwanted Visitor
XXV. Exist to Fight

V. Now I know what you are

4K 105 0
By JustAnotherCullen

3:08 am

The clock on Elizabeth's nightstand read. She sighed reaching for her cell phone just beside it. She opened her contacts and found herself scrolling for his name. She opened a new message and contemplated messaging him. But she couldn't find any words to say.

After staring at the blank messaging screen for a moment, she locked her phone screen and tossed it on the pillow beside her. Just as the cell phone hit the pillow's fabric it's vibration sound filled the air. Elizabeth snapped her head towards it. It vibrated for another moment before she revealed the name on the screen.

As if on queue, his name read across her screen. She couldn't help but feel her heart skip a beat. She pressed the phone to her ear.

"...hello?"

"Elizabeth, did I wake you?" His soft voice spoke in her ear almost in a whisper.

"...no actually. I can't seem to get much sleep." She replied staring at the mess all over her apartment she had caused.

"Seems we're both having a long night." She could almost hear his small smile forming on his face.

Without thinking Elizabeth asked him a question. "Would you come over?"

There was silence for a moment. She closed her eyes and mentally slapped herself. Why would he come over at 3 in the morning? She thought.

"Of course." Elizabeth smiled to herself but hung up the line before she could say anything else as she felt her nerves getting the best of her.

She stared at her black phone screen for a minute before realizing the mess she'd made still lingered. She smirked to herself when a thought came to mind.

Elizabeth raised both of her hands with the red mist forming around them flowing through her palms to finger tips. She began raising all the fallen objects from around the room. She manipulated the broken glass back to one. Slowly she placed each frame back on its spot on the walls.

Was this extremely necessary? Yes. She thought.

She held a vase high above the dining table when a knock at her door startled her causing her to drop it. It shattered all over her table. Quickly she got up and used her abilities once more to reassemble the broken pieces and place it back on the table gently all while making her way to the door.

She opened the door to reveal Edward in the dimly lit hallway. He wore a dark sweatshirt, hands in his front pockets. His brows furrowed. "Is everything alright? I heard a ruckus"

"Oh no worries, it was nothing. Come in" She lied moving aside for him to enter.

She closed the door and walked herself back to her bed and sat down. Edward slowly followed her and stood at the edge of her bed looking down at his feet debating thoughts.

"Make yourself comfortable" Elizabeth motioned for him to sit beside her.

What Elizabeth didn't know was why Edward called her so urgently. He played it off as an unable to sleep situation. Which for him was just his daily routine in existence. But he'd been watching when she had her dream. Dream which turned to nightmare. He could almost see her dream. For just a moment the red mist was gone and he'd seen what her dream was. But the red mist quickly returned with a flash and her outburst of red energy took him by surprise. He was worried and couldn't stand not being there with her. To comfort her. To hear her sweet voice.

He hesitated before making his way to the other side of her bed and sat down leaning against her satin pillows. She leaned back as well and let out a sigh.

There was a comfortable silence between them for a minute before Elizabeth decided she would speak.

"I left Brooklyn after I lost my family." Elizabeth spoke holding her hands together keeping her focus locked on them. Edward looked at her waiting for her to continue.

"I had a twin brother. His name was Evan and he was my best friend. I never trusted anyone the way I trusted him. He knew me better than I knew myself as did I with him." She smiled to herself at the thought of her brother.

"My parents worked a lot. They worked hard to get our small family by, so our whole lives it was mostly just Evan and I together. Through thick and thin."

Elizabeth's face went hard as she spoke. "They were killed from the destruction caused by the Chitauri invasion. It destroyed our home and many others. I was out of state at my old university at the time when I found out." She frowned.

"I came home with nothing but a picture of them I'd brought with me when I first left..." she glanced at the frame on her bedside table. Both her parents held the twins in a big group hug with smiles plastered on their faces. She replayed the memories in her head from that day.

She closed her eyes as a single tear fell from them. Although her face remained emotionless. She felt a cold hand touch the both of hers.

She looked over at him meeting his gold eyes staring at her with sorrow. Looking into his eyes made her feel at ease.

"Elizabeth... I can't tell you how sorry I am." Edward spoke in a voice as soft as a whisper to her.

Elizabeth stayed silent for a moment before she spoke again. "I couldn't stay where I lost my family. That's when I decided to move here. A new life. New beginnings."

"Although I lost everything.... I also gained something more than anyone could ever imagine." She stared down at her hands once again.

Edward's hand still laid on top of hers. She turned to her side and fully laid her head onto her pillow now facing him. He instinctively rubbed his hand on her arm while she closed her eyes.

"I appreciate how honest you've been with me. I feel as if I should do the same..." Edward whispered also laying his head back onto the pillow.

Elizabeth found herself feeling more than at peace with his presence. She pulled herself closer to him now resting on his chest.

Edward looked down at her feeling as if his lifeless heart skipped a beat. He caressed his arm around her body. She nodded waiting for him to continue.

"Maybe I should let you decide on your own..." He spoke staring at her ceiling.

Elizabeth's brows furrowed. "Decide what?"

Edward was quiet again before responding. "Decide if you want to really know me."

Elizabeth didn't know what he meant. She thought hard of what he was getting at when she turned to look at him, his eyes closed now. She laid her head back on his chest and traced her fingers lightly along his torso leading to his chest.

She knew she could read inside his mind if she wanted to. Her conscience tried to convince her otherwise but she couldn't help herself. The more she used her powers the more it persuaded her she needed them. They were apart of her now.

After she felt he'd drifted to sleep long enough, she gently hovered her fingertips over his forehead letting the red energy find its way to him and closed her eyes so she could feel him.

Cold, dark, thirst, and sorrow. Visions flashed through her mind of blood, murdering, hunting, and the speed of light. All sealed with the deepest red eyes that trailed down to lips that dripped with blood.

She gasped dropping her hand, taken back by what she'd seen. She stared at his peaceful sleeping face while focusing on her breathing.

Of course, Edward was not asleep. As he did not ever do such a thing. He knew of her abilities. He knew she was smart enough to learn of everything on her own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 243 23
After the death of her father, Laura and her family move to Forks, Washington so her widowed mother can be closer to her family the Uleys, members of...
23.3K 577 11
As Bella was moving to Forks to live with her father Charlie she thought he had been alone all this time but that was not the case. {Heavy editing}
71.2K 1.2K 48
Alexis didn't have the best home life after a snake attack in the woods left her almost dead she was found by the Cullens. After they changed her she...
202K 6K 21
Alaina is new in Forks, but is hiding the true reason that she came. When she befriends Bella, she gets more than what she asks for with a certain gr...