Don't You Forget About Me

By Tonks_legacy

Steve Harrington x Stranger things oc Desc. Coming soon :) (Some characters owned by Duffer Brothers) More

two.
three.
four.
five.

one.

11 0 0
By Tonks_legacy

I brushed my ponytail behind my shoulder, clutching several textbooks to my chest as I made my way down the sidewalk, the events of yesterday running circles around my head.

"I don't care what you do but you cannot stay here!" My dads words echoed in my memory. Billy stood in the middle of the living room, smirking, laughing, sipping a beer.

"I'll stay wherever I want," he said confidently, taking a few steps towards my dad.

"Billy," I choked out quietly, warning him. I felt a presence behind me, turning around to see Max peaking through my shoulder. "Go back to your room. It's nothing."

When I turned around, screams ensued.

I squeezed my eyes, blinking several times to dismiss the memory to the back of my thoughts. The cool fall air distracted me from further turmoil as I approached Kat's house. We were gonna be late for school, again.

I unlatched the iron gate in her front yard, colorful leaves crunching below my feet with each step.

There was only one reason why Kat was ever late to school, and that was because of Robin. Kats mother, Mrs. Henderson, would describe Robin as a good friend, a loyal study buddy.

She was, in a way, they studied A LOT. Just about every day, anywhere, anytime. The front door swung open to reveal Dustin standing in the foyer, smiling.

"Morning dusty bun," I teased pushing my way in.

"Morning toots," he cooed. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him.

"I'm too old for you!" I yelled down as I ascended the oak wood stairs. Third door on the left. I could hear loud metal music coming from Kats room. Typical morning. I pushed the door open to be greeted by the loud tunes, and was met with something else.

Besides the aesthetic of Kats usual messy room, a combination of records and clothes lying everywhere in her version of neatness, I was met with bare breasts.

"Ah god!" I screamed shutting the door behind me and entering the room. On Kats bed lay Robin, completely naked on top of her. I'd be more phased by this if it was the first time this had happened, but by now I've lost count.

"Don't you knock!" Robin yelled, breaking a kiss away from Kat.

"We have to get to school!" I protested, Robin leaping off of Kat. She buttoned her shirt and pushed past me, heading down the hall. Kat sat up slowly, susceptible to my glare. Her brown curls were a mess, hair spray from last night matted against her head. She had on a pair of light wash jeans, and a plaid shirt rolled up to her elbows. I looked down at the floor, noticing her backpack laying carelessly next to her converse. "Up." I said.

She groaned. "Good morning to you too."

————————————————————————

The trees sped by as Robin drove to Hawkins high. This was our morning routine. It wasn't always that I'd them catch getting to second base before 7:00am, sometimes they'd be having breakfast or brushing their teeth.

Romance between Robin and Kat blossomed over the summer months, now, just a few days away from Halloween, the tension had only increased. They were practically inseparable, always either making out or going on movie dates, or to skate parks. I was third wheeling in my own friendship.

It wasn't jealous as much as it was loneliness. Of course as a couple I respected their space, but spending more time away from Kat, meant more time at home. A place I dreaded.

"Coming to my game tonight?" Robin asked turning her head towards Kat in the passenger seat. Robin and I were both in band, she played trombone. It was kind of a rhetorical question, Kat always came to every game. Not only was it the place to be in Hawkins on Friday nights, but also... I was the drum major. So, who else was she going to hang out with?

"Yes, always," Kat said placing her hand on Robins thigh, reassuringly. "For both of you." I caught Robins eye in the rear view mirror.

"Of course," Robin said, pulling into the high school. Hawkins high had an interesting mix of kids. You had your usual geeks and freaks, the Hellfire club, and the popular crowd. Above the popular crowd lived Hawkins royalty.

Steve Harrington. Football star.

Chrissy Cunningham. Head cheerleader.

I slammed the door to Robin's 1976 Chevy, leaving her and Kat behind so they could continue making out for the next few minutes.

Kids flooded the entrance of the school. I had just started my senior year, and I already felt behind. Today I had tests in both English and biology. I flicked my ponytail back behind my shoulder and smoothed my tennis skirt, taking a deep breath. Before getting inside.

I just have to make it past- before I knew it, my foot met another's, books went flying. My body crashed to the pavement below. "Woah preppy didn't see you there."

Eddie.

"Eddie!" Kats voice came hurrying up, Robin in tow.

"Well if it isn't the roommates," he said. Spreading his hands and taking a bow in front of them. Kat pulled him off the ground. A crowd of people started to form around us. I brushed dirt off my tennis skirt, hurrying to fix my hair.

"You're bleeding," Robin stated glancing down at my elbow. I looked to see a pool of red.

"What's the matter, Penny? Billy not here to protect you?" Eddie sneered.

"I don't need protecting," I stated, gathering my books.

"Oh really?" He questioned, "Does the same go for your little friends here?" He turned to Robin and Kat, glancing up and down.

"Yeah, you two wouldn't survive five minutes apart, would you?" Eddie approached them slowly, Kat backed in to Robin. "I hear you, every day actually, in fifth period."

"Eddie..." Robin warned.

"Oh Kat don't stop!" He mocked in a high pitched voice. "Kat please faster!" A bunch of giggles echoed across the crowd that had gathered. Kat pushed her way out of everyone running towards the building.

"Kat!" I called running after her, leaving Robin in the circle, pushing past people. She beat me inside.

"I just need to be alone," she turned to me. I could tell she was about to cry. I watched as she took off down the hall, heading towards the auditorium. Kat liked to spend periods she detested skipping class in the tech crew bridges above the stage. I heard Robins footsteps jogging from behind.

"She okay?" She asked breathlessly.

"She will be," I replied glancing at her fist, which was bleeding. My eyes widened. "Robin what did you do?"

Robin Buckley to the principals office.

The intercom announced. She rolled her eyes, heading off towards the office. "I punched him," she said skipping the opposite way of Kat.

The bell rang out, I glanced down at my wrist watch. Shit. I quickly turned left down the hall, books clutched in a mess against my side. English test. The hallways were emptying as my footsteps echoed behind me. I pushed open the classroom door, grateful to see the class hadn't settled. I was unlucky to have both Chrissy and Steve in this class. I took my seat next to Steve, Chrissy sat a few places behind.

Chrissy had a painfully obvious crush on Steve and there was no denying it. Every day I could hear here pining for him, and every day it annoyed me further.

"Good morning class," our teacher Mr. Jenkins walked in, quickly scribbling something on the board. "Test today!" A groan echoed across the room. "Before we begin I just wanted to do a few review questions."

Some people say I'm a bit of a teachers pet. Not that I kiss up, I just pay attention in class. My ticket out of the trailer park is education, and that's what I'm here to get.

"Pssst, Penny," I turned around to see Chrissy beckoning my attention. "Where'd you get your outfit from, Kirklands?" She snickered, Steve glanced at me up and down, laughing a bit with her.

They were like leaches, constantly feeding off each other. It sickened me. I begged Mr. Jenkins to move seats so many times now, but he hasn't let up. Chrissy likes to spend class time making sure Steve's attention stays on her, so I always end up being the butt of her jokes, sitting next to him and all.

"Can anyone tell me what the green light represents in Gatsby?" Mr. Jenkins asked, my hand shot up.

"All that Jay Gatsby wants to achieve," I said.

"Very good, Miss Hargrove." I placed my hand down, content with my answer. "And can anyone tell me why Daisy cries over Gatsbys shirts?"

"No but Penny probably can," Steve snickered. A few laughs bounced across the room. I quickly put my hand down. Great. This is going great.

"Good one Harrington," Chrissy said leaning on the edge of her seat. He looked back winking at her.

"Mr. Harrington, since you're so keen to tell us, do you know the answer?" Mr. Jenkins asked. Steve grew silent, swallowing hard, he shook his head. "Chrissy, perhaps?"

Chrissy grew a violent shade of red, stuttering. "Uh... because... because they were unflattering?"

"Incorrect," Mr. Jenkins said.

"Because she had never seen something so beautiful," I replied, confirming Steve's joke.

"Thank you Penny," Mr. Jenkins encouraged. "I'm sure the coach will love to hear about your shenanigans before tonight's game, Steve."

"What! That's not fair!" He protested, sitting back in his seat defeated. He glanced over at me, eyes roaming once up and down my body before going into an annoyed roll. I admit I didn't enjoy Steve's presence, he was annoying in general, but when I managed to annoy him it was fun.

Steve was a meathead, for all I cared. The girls all threw themselves at him because he had looks that no other guy in the school did. Robin even admitted she had a crush on him back in elementary school. He was the Hawkins high quarterback, an all star guy, and according to Nancy Wheeler, had the softest lips... before she started dating Johnathan of course.

"You may begin your tests," Mr. Jenkins said, placing the papers on each desk. I looked down, read the first question, and began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 831 73
Dustin Henderson's older sister comes back into town, along with several new secrets and old friendships left from years prior. Jonathan/Steve x OC...
22.3K 939 27
This takes place from the start of season 4. There will be editing obviously to add you to the plot. Also the focus is on the Hawkins gang. As I don'...
147K 2.6K 191
WARNING: THERE WILL BE SPOILERS FOR ALL SEASONS OF STRANGER THINGS! Some imagines and preferences featuring Eddie and Steve X Readerβ™‘ There's also an...
16.2K 433 22
❀ π‚πˆππ„πŒπ€ ❀ stranger things season: 1-? steve harrington x fem!oc warning: strong language, sexual & adult themes β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”