Hiding The Inner Wolf

Door Alpha_Ash_147

(First book of a trilogy) April Silverwater is a 17 year old high school senior who just moved to Willamburra... Meer

Chapter One: New Territory
Chapter Two: Well That Was Rude
Chapter Three: Its Time
Chapter Four: Side Effects
Chapter Five: Tara, My Inner Wolf
Chapter Six: A Surprise Visit
Chapter Seven: Dzo
Chapter Eight: Venom
Chapter Nine:City Life
Chapter Eleven: Hard Times
Chapter Twelve: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend
Chapter Thirteen: The Locals
Chapter Fourteen: This Is Where The Pain Begins
Chapter Fifteen: Red Dandelions

Chapter Ten: The Past Is In The Past

62 6 0
Door Alpha_Ash_147

*_-Cory-_*

I sat in a chair in the corner of the room. I looked at my mum who was asleep in the hospital bed. My stepfather Rob had run off. That bastard. My mum had been washed down but i could still see blood staines, bruises, scars and cuts on her. He was a dipicable man and i don't know how me and my mum are going to live. He took everything, the money, the car and everything worth something. And he just hurt my mum and left.

A nurse came in. "So we will call the police cause this is definite abuse and theft" she said to me. The nurse left informing me. I was so angry i could track him down quicker than the police, i wanna kill him, i wanna show him the pain my mum felt every day. I feel a burning rage inside, i looked at my hands, i gotta calm my self, I'm losing control, i warpped my hand into fists.

Someone knocked on the door, its April. "Hey" i say standing up. She hugs me. "How is she?" she asks quietly.

"She's better but still not well, I've been helping her with the pain but she's not going well" i saw sadly, she kissed my cheek. She handed me a cardboard tray. A muffin and coffee was on the tray. "You haven't eaten" she said knowing somehow. " I could hear your stomach growling from down the corridor" she said giggling. She placed a card on the side table of my mums bed with a box of chocolates.

A doctor came in, i turned my head quickly thinking some bad news was coming. " Mr Samuels you mother has a broken leg and fractures within several different locations. So we will need to take her into operation now" he said to me with caring tones. " That's ok, what ever helps" i say as the man injects anesthetic into her. He starts to take her out when i ask him something "is there any news about my stepfather?" i ask. "No sorry but if there is the police will contact you and this operation will take about five hours as her fractures are in very delicate places so we will call you if when its over if you want to go out" he said wheeling he rout of the room and into the operaiton room. I nodded and started tearing up. April came over to me and hugged me, i sobbed into her shoulder.

*_-April-_*

I hated seeing my mate in such a state. I felt so upset for him. "How about we go to the beach for a while" i say holding his hands in mine. He nods slightly in agreement and i hug him once more.

We arrived at the beach, it was the beach near the cliff, it was a still day and there ws no one else but us there. Cory seemed more calm and i was happy for him that his stepdad had left, but he did take everything he and his mum had.

"So how did your mum meet your stepdad, like how'd it all start, if you mind me asking" his hand tightened in mine.

"Its ok, well my mum and biological dad where together and it was me, my mum, my dad and my older brother" he said a confused face appeared on me. I never knew he had a brother, and he was my mate so i was confused. " We where the perfect family until when i was eight my parents had a fight, i don't remember what about but i know it was bad. My brother went into the military a month before and my mum took me and left. About a year later my mum met Rob- my stepfather. They married and he was nice for about six months. He got angry a lot, started mental abusing my mum, forcing me to do things, hit me a few times, but then took it out on my mum. She nearly committed suicide once, well last year but i stopped her. I told her then i would be stuck with Rob and i probably would kill him or he'd kill me" tears started rolling down my cheeks. I never knew Cory went through that much.

"Well the past is in the past and he's gonenow so, you can live your life" i say leaning on his shoulder, he leans his head on mine. Its hard knowing my mate his hurt but he's tough.

We sat together for a while just talking and enjoying each others company. "Im hungry" i said gripping at my stomach, "When are you not" he laughed. I gave him a chuckle and got up. "Race you to my house" i said "No ones home, everyone went to Jambaroo water park but i didn't cause, i needed to come see you and your mum. I pull him up, but with his quick reflexes he throws me back down on the ground and runs fast to get away. "Oh you started it" i grin getting up and laughing. I ran towards the trees and catch up quick. He started to tease me by going faster, but he must of forgot, i am faster than him. I over take him in the blink of an eye. I heard a slight annoyance in his throat.

I stumbled up the steps of my house. The door was unlocked, well more like broken open. I looked around quickly and step inside. A scent hit me quick, I couldn't identify it."Someones here" i whisper  to Cory. "Who?" he asked quietly.

"I don't know" i reply. I turned to the lounge room fast and get ready for an attack, when i see Demetre. "What are you doing here, my dads going to kill you" i spit.

"I have some news, bad news" he says, now this sparked our attention, we moved closer..

" It seems that we are going to be infested by vamps" he says worriedly.

" What? How?" Cory questioned, his eyes widened with fear.

" Well one of them must of set off their distress scream, and now all the vamps in its  pack are coming to visit" he said

"Wait who set it off?" i say sternly, my breathing quickened.

"Who do u think?" he said sarcastically shifting his head in the direction of the cliff. I was annoyed and angry.

"Let me talk to the bitch" i said walking out of the room and running towards the cliff edge.

Monique sat at the back of the cave. "You hungry?" i say teasing her.

She turned suddenly "April, wh-what are you doing here, he-help me these people trapped me, kidnapped me please!" she said fake tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Your not gonna foul me Monique, i know what you are and i came to talk" said to her a smirk on my face.

She tried to charge at me but got propelled back. "Mountain ash, an invisible barrier for the supernatural" i say laughing at her attempt.

"Well then you come to me i need to tell you something, i need to show you something" she said trying to compel me by looking into my eyes, it only works on humans. "I'm sorry Monique nice try though, number one you can't compel me and number two i can't get through anyway" i say annoyed at wasting time.

"Y-you cat get through, w-what are you?" she said trying to get into my head.

" Well i am someone you don't want to make angry, because Gus, Gus was my fault, yes i was out of control and Tara came out but it was me, thats why my eyes are blue" i say flashing my eyes. She fell back crawling to the back of the cave "No, no,no you can't,you can't, you're, no" she gasped in disbelief.

"Well frankly i am, and so are the propel I'm close with like Cory, and Nikole and the rest of my family" I spin around on my heel bored. "Oh and Demetre's a panther" She looked at me with fear.

"So what i really wanted to talk about was why you called on your pack" i said, sitting down. The cave floor was cool and damp stone.

"Well They thought you where going to kill me" she said her voice getting weaker every moment.

"If you don't tell me, you don't get this" i say pulling a bottle of blood out of my pocket. She stood up and stared at me. I could see the tips of her fangs start to show under her lips.

"N-no" she says struggling, I could see her eyes became bloodshot from hunger. I smiled and open the bottle, her eyes start changing, i start slowly pouring it out onto the ground, out of her reach. She looked over. "STOP" she yells. "Ill tell you" i stopped, putting the lid back on.

"Go on then" i say.

"My alpha always said when ever we are in destress to scream rapidly, the rest of the pack will hear and come" i listened to her. She was lying. "You're lying! Tell me the truth or i leave and you to rot in here. " I tipped more blood out and she screamed in pain. "Fine, fine, we had plans to come to Willamburra, it has the widest range of blood transport in the state and we travel a lot, we dry out towns and move on, Willamburra was our next stop and then i was captured, they send one new blood to see if its safe, i was chosen, but the amount of supernaturals here are nothing compared to the amount of vamps we have" she said looking up and smiling at me. She wasn't lying this time. "When will they get here?" i ask, "depends, it may take days, weeks, hours" she said. I slid a shot glass of blood through the mountain ash with a stick, she grabbed at it hastily. "At least that works" she said tipping it in her mouth. Already she was gaining colour.

I stood back up and started heading towards the door. "April" i heard her mumble as i started closing the cave off. "Can i at least have a blanket or something?" she asked, her eyes big and full of sadness. "I thought vampires don't get cold?" i teased as I closed the cave off. I heard her screaming but I ignored it.

When I got back the boys looked at me. "So?" they said. I told them about my conversation with Monique and it was worse than they thought. My story was interrupted when Cory's phone went off, it was the hospital.

"Mr Samuels your mothers out of operation and will be waking up soon if you would like to come see her?" a man said on the other end. "My mums out" he smiled repeating what the doctor said to us.

*_-Cory-_*

April and I ran fast, i wanted to get to my mum in time for her to wake up. I got into the room and saw my mum, she was awake but still a bit drowsy. I held her hand. She looked so much better.

The police appeared at the door suddenly. One woman walked up to me holding a cardboard box. "Your stepdad left and ran off leaving the car behind and we where able to retrieve What was left behind and the money has been retrieved as well" they said remarkably. It seemed impossible but the things is if the supernatural is possible, why can't this be?

*_-Demetre-_*

I felt so scared when telling April the news i thought she was going to go wild.

I got back home and opened the front door, my parents where unpacking every type of weapon they had. "Demetre good you're here, we found a family of wolves near the cliff, we are planing to attack tonight" my mum said. "NO" i yelled making them all stop and turn to me. "Not now,um, our code clearly stats that When the dogs have done bad we take force and attack" i said trying to stop them. "Our sons right, nothings come up, we will just have to wait" my dad said looking at me truthfully.I relaxed more and went to my room, i don't want them to know it the Silverwater's. I looked out my window, i saw something, red eyes, a wolf, more accurately Aprils dad. This isn't good.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.3M 16.8K 34
*on hold indefinitely* WARNING: poor grammar, poor spelling, poor plot line, just poor poor poor everything. Hayley Lake is a grade A loser. If she...
223K 7.2K 35
We all know the cliche story about the girl whose mate is the alpha and she gets rejected then kidnapped and all of a sudden they are in love and hav...
170K 7.9K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...
329K 7.9K 52
Jess been suffering in silent waiting until she's 18 to leave her pack, without a mate, Living with her abusive families it was up to her to protect...