The Adopted Cullen

By GLH_Herondale

Dr. Cullen gets a phone call one day. There is a baby girl who is put up for adoption, but she's premature. T... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Help Me!!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Important
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Advice
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
TWILIGHT
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
NEW MOON
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
ECLIPSE
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Update
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
BREAKING DAWN
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 66

1K 37 10
By GLH_Herondale

A loud bark rings through the air and I groan as I wake myself up. "Yeah, yeah, I know Will."

I shove myself up, recognizing the throb of pain from my back stitches as I do so. Willow whines as she tries to jump up on my bed. I groan again as I roll over and lift her up. I am so sore and my back feels way worse than normal. It must be because.... Because I went jogging yesterday. Yeah, my jog with Paul. That's it.

Willow pants happily while licking my cheek and cuddling up on my lap. I smile as I gently pet her fur. "You can't go to sleep, baby. I've got to go to Emily's. Do you want to come with?" Her ears perk up and I smile again.

"Seth's going to be there. So will Emily and the rest of our boys." Willow 'yip's quietly and I grin. "Ok, let's get up. I've got to get there early. The sooner I finish the sooner the guys may take me to the beach."

I slide off the bed and set her in my place as I go to pick out an outfit. I throw on my regular jeans, tee shirt, and hoodie. "Shoot," I mumble quietly, realizing I may see Matt. "I can't look like this."

My door swings open and in comes my two life savers. "We're here to help! Rose is going to fix your hair while I get the outfit ready."

I smile thankfully at my two sisters before sitting down at my vanity. Let's get to work.

"I love you guys," I sigh happily when I see my outfit. It's a plain green shirt, a jean jacket to keep me warm, my comfy jeans, and my hair in soft, natural looking curls.

"We know," Alice giggles while Rose kisses my head. "Come on. Esme made you french toast and it'd be a shame to let it get cold. If one of the wolves don't show up, we'll walk you to Emily's house, ok?"

I nod and grab my backpack before throwing it on my bed. "I'll be down in a minute. I want to get Willow's stuff before I head down." They nod and leave while I let out a quiet groan.

I don't wanna go to school. At least I get to see the pack. With that thought, I grab Willow's toy and attach her leash before heading downstairs. Jazz and Emmett are play video games and I frown. "Why do I have to go to school if you don't?"

"Because we can't expose our secret since it's sunny. You on the other hand don't sparkle, Little Bit."

I roll my eyes at Emmett's smirk and head to the kitchen. "Good morning, Mama." I say with a smile as I quickly eat some breakfast.

"Good morning, sweet pea. Hurry and eat up, I hear Seth is coming now to pick you up." I smile with a nod before shoving the last bite into my mouth and swallowing quickly. "Bye, see you later," I say with a kiss on her cheek before running to the door.

"Bye guys. See you later!"

They all stop what their doing and give me a quick hug. "Be home at five o'clock sharp. No seeing any boys. And don't go anywhere alone, got it?"

I roll my eyes with a smile at Jasper's "command". "I've got to be around boys. It's the pack house."

"No human boys," Emmett says with a grin and I scrunch my nose up at him just as arms wrap around my waist and twirl me in the air.

"Seth, stop!" I squeal and he laughs loudly. "Come on, beautiful. The day is young, the sun is shining, the muffins are warm. Let's go!"

I giggle as he sets me down and turn around gripping his shoulders while jumping up and down slightly. "Guess what!"

"What, my lovely imprint?" Seth says and kisses my cheek to stop my excited jumping.  I giggle, "I got seven hours of sleep last night!"

In my excitement over my most sleep in the past week and a half, I don't see Seth and my siblings share worried looks to one another.

"That's great, Gracie!" Seth says excitedly and spins me again. I laugh again as Willow starts barking and jumping in circles. "Come on Seth, we've got to go. Emily's waiting!"

"Emily! I'm ready to read!" I say as I walk into the house full of rambunctious Quileutes.

"Gracie!" The pack yell and race to meet me. "Hey, guys!" I happily yell as I give Jared, the closest wolf to me a big hug. "I can't believe you're all here and not on..."

"Hey, Grace! We've got a guest!" Jared says quickly as he covers his hand over my mouth. My eyes widen and I nervously look towards Sam and Emily.

'I'm so sorry,' I mouth to them. Sam shakes his head with a smile, telling me I'm ok. I grin with a nod.

"Well, who might this brave soul be to be near you hideous bunch?"

Emily laughs while the guys gasp dramatically. "Us? We should be saying that about you!" I gasp just as dramatically while getting on my tip toes and slapping Quil upside the head.

"You abomination!" Quil shoves me off of him, Seth catching me while glaring at him. "I'll have you know that my baby cousin loves me."

"No I don't," I voice calls from the living room, making me laugh.

"Shut up albino! And get your butt in here!" Quil yells behind him. I roll my eyes as I go to Sam and Emily, giving them both hugs.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper quietly while hugging Sam. "Don't worry. You didn't reveal anything," Sam whispers back with a wink and I giggle.

"I said quit calling me... Grace?"

I look behind me and my smile widens. "Matt! Oh, bless your heart," I say with a grin as I glance at Quil.

"What? Why?" He asks confused as the pack, comically look between both of us as we converse. "You're related to the monstrosity that is Quil. I deeply apologize Matt," I grin while Matt starts laughing.

"Wait, wait, wait. How do you two know each other? And why the heck are you calling Mateo, Matt?"

I look at Matt with wide eyes as he glares at Quil. He quickly looks at me, "It's Matt. Only my grandparents call me that." I hold a hand over my mouth as I hold in my laugh. "And stop calling me albino," he directs to Quil.

"What? It's funny. What I really need to know is that the girl is Grace? Our Grace? Like that girl, Gracie, right there?"

As Quil points at me I back away into Emily's arms who's laughing quietly. Seth steps up beside me, shaking. "He's Quil's cousin! That means I can't kill him!"

"Seth Clearwater," I scold and he smirks at me before it falls. "You knew!" He yells and points to Paul who is grinning mischievously. "Not until a few minutes ago Sethy Poo."

"Paul, don't start," Sam says as he grips Seth's shoulder so he doesn't phase. The guys suddenly start yelling, pointing fingers, the whole shabang.

"I'm gonna kill him!"

"Our Grace?"

"You're not touching her."

"She's ours!"

I slowly make my way to Matt's side and he laughs nervously. "So these are your friends?"

I grin and elbow him slightly. "Told you they were tall."

"You wanna go to the beach?"

I nod with a smile, but all at once the guys yell, "No!" I give them glares while I turn to Matt apologetically. "I would, but I've got school. How come you're not in school today?"

He grins down at me, "Not starting till next week. It gives me a week to prepare myself. Are you homeschooled?"

I nod with a smile to Emily. "Yep. Emily is the best teacher." Emily smiles and kisses the side of my head. "And that's why I'm letting you have the day off. Have fun, but stay by the boys, ok?"

I grin and wrap her into a tight hug. "Thanks Em! I promise I'll make it up to you." She grins at me before whispering, "Just land yourself that cutie and we'll be all set." I blush while she giggles, the guys all groaning.

"Go ahead and go guys. Be back in two hours, got that?" Sam says sternly and all the guys nod before yelling at taking off, running out the door.

I smile as Seth grabs my hand and we start walking to the car. Quil suddenly stops his run and groans dramatically, bending backwards and dragging his feet back to the house.

"I forgot about my stupid cousin. Just get in the car with Grace and Seth. I'll meet you there." Matt nods while Seth glares at him. I nudge his arm with a grin and he groans before turning to Matt.

"You're riding in the back."

"Seth," I scold and he glares at me before opening the door for me. He shuts it and quickly goes to his side as Matt gets in the back.

"Are they really running all the way to the beach?"

I grin and turn around to answer him. "Of course. You saw the muscles, right?" He rolls his eyes and I laugh. Seth grabs my hand and turns up the radio for our five minute drive to the beach. I roll my eyes at him and he winks at me before kissing my hand and focusing on the road again.

"No running, no soccer, and no ocean, got it?" I roll my eyes as Seth parks the car, telling me my "rules" as always. "Yes, I know. Now, let's go."

"No, no, no. I'm not done. You," he says and turns to glare at Matt. "No touching, no talking, and keep a six foot radius away from Grace at all times. If you do that, we won't have any problems."

"Seth," I hiss when Matt turns a slight shade of pink. Seth huffs before stomping out of the car to where the guys are playing soccer."

I wait as Matt gets out and we slowly walk behind Seth. "So, uh, what was with those rules?" I laugh when Seth turns around and glares at us. "Seth's protective."

He blushes again, "Oh, I, uh, meant your rules." I grin again as we get closer to the boys. "I hurt my back a while ago. I have a few stitches in it. I can't get them wet, obviously, and they worry, so I'm not able to play soccer or run yet till it's better."

  "Oh, gosh, I'm sorry. Do you want to sit down or something?" I laugh and shove him playfully. "I'm not disabled. I'm completely fine. Those idiots over there are way too protective of me. I'm supposed to get them out in a couple of weeks anyways."

He nods and we walk to the guys who are standing in their lines. "Go ahead," Embry says with a grin and bow towards the others and I smile at them.

"Jake, Embry, Quil. And Paul, Jared, Seth. The three stooges against dumb, dumber, and dumbest. And yes Seth, I went in order."

Jake, Embry, and Quil all laugh while the other three glare at me. "Take that back!" Seth says while throwing me over his shoulder and spinning me around.

"Seth! Stop it this instant!" I yell while pounding his back. "No cuddles for a week," I threaten lowly and he immediately sets me down. "You wouldn't dare."

"Oh, try me," I say just as dramatically causing Seth to back away while motioning that he's watching me.

"Alright. I see how it is. But I'm going to get you back." I grin, "You can try." Seth grins and ruffles my hair quickly causing me to glare at him and hurriedly fix it. "Stay where we can see you, ok?"

I nod and sit down, watching as the guys start their game. Matt slowly sits down beside me and I return a smile to him. "You seem really close with all of them."

I smile as I watch my boys play and roughhouse. "I am. They are my brothers in all aspects that matter. Without them, my world would not be as bright as it is."

Matt grins at me before nudging me slightly. "Well, I hope to be one of those people too. Maybe. Someday. Eventually. Darn it why'd I say that," he mumbles embarrassedly.

I laugh loudly before nudging him back. "Well, I don't know. I mean, that bunch will give you a run for their money, but I think a friend position may be open. That is if you'd like to take the job." I immediately blush after my words. Why so straight forwards! You're such an idiot!

He grins down at me, "Yeah, I might be willing. I mean, it'll be nice to have a friend besides my cousin."

I grin and stand up, hurriedly swiping the sand off of my pants. "Would you like to take a walk? It helps me clear my head better."

He nods and stands up, "Sure thing, Strawberry Shortcake." I gasp up at his laughing face and shove him slightly. "Excuse me, Mateo. Not all people have the privilege to be 5'7, ok?"

He glares at me, "It's Matt. And I'm 5'8 and a half thank you very much." I grin and start walking near the water. "Clearly since Quil had no idea who Matt was when I called you that." He glares again, causing me to laugh.

"Ok, ok. Fine. I give. Now tell me a little bit about yourself. Why'd you move here from Carolina?"

Matt hums in response as we walk along the sand. "My parents wanted to travel. My older sister is in college, older brother is married, so I'm the only one in the house. My grandparents offered to let me stay with them while I finish high school. I'm a junior this year."

I nod with a sad smile. "My family did that last year. They wanted to go to California while I wanted to stay here. Sam and Emily let me stay with them. They got back a few months ago."

He smiles down at me sadly. "It sucks when the people you count on most leave you, huh." I let out a sad laugh, "Yeah. If it wasn't for Seth and the rest of those weirdos, I don't know what I would have done."

Matt looks down and I can see a frown on his face. "Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do," he whispers quietly. I wrap my arm around his and give it a small hug.

"That's why you've got me. If I can get through it, so can you!" He grins down at me, "No wonder all those grumpy pants like you. You're always so happy."

I let out a loud laugh, knowing for the past year I have been anything but. "You just caught me at a good time, Matt. I got lots of sleep last night." He laughs with me, and suddenly, I feel as if I gained a great friend.

"Hey, you wanna start walking back? Their kinda glaring at me." I turn around to see all the guys watching us before looking away and suddenly playing soccer again. I laugh and shake my head. "Yeah, sure."

"Wait, wait, wait. So you taught her to play dead?" Matt asks laughing. I laugh with him as I show him the video of Willow. "Yep! She's like, the smartest dog in the world."

He grins at me before showing me a picture of a cat. "This is snowball. She died last year, but she was the best cat ever. I taught her how to fetch!" I grin at him before smiling sadly, "I bet you miss her."

"Yeah, every day." He agrees while smiling down at his phone. "I don't know what I'd do if I lost Willow. I might actually die," I say with a small chuckle.

"Nah. You're too tough. Even for a short stack." He says while elbowing me. I roll my eyes with a smile and nudge him back. I shiver slightly as a breeze flows by and Matt notices.

"Are you cold? Here, have my jacket..."

"Forget it Pretty Boy," Seth says as he jogs to us from his car, his hoodie in hand. I didn't even know he passed by us. "Come here Gracie, get that awful jacket off."

I roll my eyes as he takes Alice's jacket off of me and throws me his hoodie. I throw it on and fix my hair. "Alice and Rose got me ready this morning, thank you very much. I thought it was a nice jacket that looked pretty."

"It was, you looked beautiful as always, but you looked a little too beautiful for my liking," he says with a grin as he kisses my forehead and helps fix the hoodie so it looks good on me. "There. Perfect. We're going to leave in a little bit, so as soon as the game's done we'll pick up Will and head home, ok?"

I nod and sit back down beside Matt, who is staring at Seth with curious eyes. As Seth jogs away Matt laughs lightly. "I knew one of them was your boyfriend."

I look at him confused, "What do you mean?" He raises an eyebrow at me. "Umm... You and Seth?"

I grin at him before busting out laughing, "That doofus? That's who was yelling at me while I was on the phone with you last night!"

I smile softly as I think about my best friend. "I love Seth, more than I love anything else, but he's my brother, my best friend. He's the closest person to me in this entire world, but we're not together. He's too amazing for me," I say with a tiny laugh. It's true. Before I came into his life he had no worries. No problems. No responsibilities. And I ruined that for him.

"Now that can't be true," Matt trails off as he sees my soft, serious expression. I nod with a smile as I watch him and the guys play ball.

"It definitely is. You don't know me," I say with a small grin as I glance at him, "but I'm a lot of trouble. Seth's been there for me since the beginning. He took me in when my family left, he got me Willow when I started to become lonely, he's my family. If everyone on this entire earth leaves me, he is the one person I can trust to stay. He is my person and I am his. He's the purest person on this planet and anyone within five feet of him as been blessed for the rest of their lifetime."

I see Matt glance at me at the same time Seth does. The smile on his face let's me know he heard every single word I said. I grin at him and wave, causing him to grin back and wave. "We're almost done!"

I nod and send him a thumbs up and he grins again before turning back to the ocean.

"Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb! Come on, we gotta go!" Me and Matt turn at the same time to the sound of Jared's stupid, smug voice. Idiot, I think with a roll of my eyes as I stand up, Matt beside me.

Seth jogs over and throws his arm over my shoulders, pulling me to his side. "Let's go home, Gracie."

"Yeah," I say with a soft smile as Seth's familiar warmth comforts me. "Let's go home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 311 17
Clarissa 'Clary' Cullen was killed on December 14th 1961 after being brutally attacked and beaten to death. Until a creature found her and changed he...
241K 4.6K 23
Carlisle and Esme were out hunting when they heard a babies cry. Esme rushed towards the sound and saw a beautiful baby girl. Carlisle and Esme decid...
361K 10.6K 107
Bella Swan and her adopted sister Y/n Swan, move to forks, so their mother can be happy with her husband. How will this change their lifes and what w...
38.3K 870 26
Trigger Warning: This book mentions abuse that might not be appropriate for all readers She never felt love or the warmth of a simple little hug, jus...