Bloody Hell

By Jana-writes64

[COMPLETED] Sequel to Blade. Love is messy, complicated and a bit challenging. Blade and Sienna's relationshi... More

✿ฺAuthors note✿ฺ
Prologue
Chapter 1 - New beginnings
Chapter 2 - Priceless
Chapter 3 - Horrors
Chapter 4 - Favorite toy of torment
Chapter 5 - Forever and always
Chapter 6 - Layla
Chapter 7 - Problems
Chapter 8 - Sugar is sweet
Chapter 9 - What do you know about love?
Chapter 10 - A fairytale
Chapter 11 - My little girl
Chapter 12 - Cooperation my ass
Chapter 13 - Worth fighting for
Chapter 14 - Fair enough
Chapter 15 - Blood bath
Chapter 16 - Forbidden
Chapter 18 - Adventurous
Chapter 19 - In control
Chapter 20 - Mini versions of you
Chapter 21 - The unexpected gift
Chapter 22 - Congratulations
Chapter 23 - Two shots
Chapter 24 - Assurance
Chapter 25 - New company
Chapter 26 - The spawn of Jezebel
Chapter 27 - A reality
Chapter 28 - Be strong
Chapter 29 - Distressed
Chapter 30 - No hard feelings
Chapter 31 - Surprises
Chapter 32 - Total chaos
Chapter 33 - Guilt
Chapter 34 - Impromptu visit
Chapter 35 - The Red Bull
Chapter 36 - Dark turn
Chapter 37 - Family reunion
Chapter 38 - Saying Goodbye
Chapter 39 - Fraudster
Chapter 40 - Here for you
Chapter 41 - Blackmail
Chapter 42 - Not impressed
Chapter 43 - A puppet
Chapter 44 - My beautiful woman
Chapter 45 - Car chase
Chapter 46 - Every man's weakness
Chapter 47 - Totally Smitten
Chapter 48 - Sex life
Chapter 49 - Left in the dark
Chapter 50 - A sinful act
Chapter 51 - Hell is coming to earth
Chapter 52 - BLADE
Chapter 53 - Special project
Chapter 54 - Playing hero
Chapter 55 - Unstable heart
Chapter 56 - Not happy
Chapter 57 - A truce
Chapter 58 - The big man's birthday
Chapter 59 - Forced to hide in the shadows
Chapter 60 - The end of me
Epilogue
Aran's book

Chapter 17 - Heartbreak and betrayal

1.4K 50 18
By Jana-writes64

B L A D E

Franco sat on one of the comfortable couches in the library. He picked up a random book from the coffee table and flipped open the pages. His eyebrows were deeply furrowed and his eyes had that distant look in them like he was trying to gather his thoughts.

I stood patiently by the bookcase, anticipating his words. I don't know what he was arguing with Nico about but it sure as hell made him feel like the weight of the world was on his shoulders.

His shoulders sagged as he took a deep breath and swallowed hard, his throat bobbing a little. "Rachel's back in Italy."

I didn't bother to hide my shock at his words. My eyes were wide like saucers and my jaws were locked tightly.

Rachel. The same Rachel that left him years ago with a broken heart. The same fucking Rachel that betrayed him and broke the trust he had in her.

What the fuck was she doing back here after the damage she caused?

"How do you know that?" I asked.

Franco placed the book back on the table and stood up. His footsteps were the only sound that resounded throughout the room as he walked towards the window.

It was a bit cold outside. The skies were an unholy mixture of shale-grey clouds and pasty streaks. Screeching winds rose up and swayed the trees back and forth.

Callous winter was stifling the world with its icy breath. It was about to snow.

"She told me a few weeks ago and we met up. I have no idea how she got my new number but that's not the point." Franco said and turned to stare at me. His eyes reddened like he was about to cry at any moment. It wasn't like Franco. No sign of tears were in his eyes and I guess it took every emotional strength he had not to break down in front of me.

Sometimes, it's okay to cry. It's okay to let it out every once in a while. It will lessen the burden that lodged in your heart.

"She wanted to get back together, Blade. After all this years, why was it now that she decided she wanted me? What could she want from me?" He went on. "She said she still loves me, Blade. The pendant I gave her back then was still intact. I just... don't know what to believe anymore. Was it a sign for me to forgive her and accept her back with wide arms?"

My heart clenched like a fist in my chest. I wish I had the answers to his questions. I wish I knew what to tell him that might direct the help he needed in making the right decisions when it came to this particular issue of love.

I sighed and walked towards him. What could I possibly say to him? I haven't been in his position before. One thing's for sure, Rachel can't be trusted.

"Are you sure you want to make the same mistake of trusting that... woman? She left you at the freaking altar, man. And for what, huh? She fucking eloped with some random dude." I reasoned with him. At the mention of her betrayal, he squeezed his eyelids shut and gritted his teeth. I've definitely hit a nerve.

The first time I met Rachel, I hated her. I couldn't explain the sudden feeling but it just came naturally. And since Franco was madly in love with her, I swallowed that hate and pretended to be happy for him when he could have been with someone else.

They were together for eight years. That's a long time.

I was shocked when Franco told me he wanted to propose to her. I always thought he was stupid to want to marry her at 24 years but the dude was blindly in love.

The day of his wedding, Rachel ran away and left him at the altar. She even had the fucking guts to kiss the fucker right in front of everyone and fled with him in his beat up truck.

Franco was heartbroken, devastated and depressed. It took him two years to get over her completely. It was pretty difficult but with the help of all of us, he was able to land back right on his feet.

Since that tragic day, we've never mentioned it to him or anyone else because it was better to leave the pains of the past locked up forever, until now when that bitch decided to return.

"I don't know what to do, Blade. That day still haunts me like a ghost. She was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and she fucking broke me entirely. But... you should have seen her, she still looked beautiful just as before. Fuck. I love her, man. I hate that I do." He lamented and punched a hole in the wall. His chest rose and fell in rapid speed because of his heavy breathing.

I squeezed his shoulders comfortingly. I hated seeing him like this. I thought he wasn't going to feel the pain anymore but I guess I was wrong.

"Is that why you refused to ask Azzurra out?" I asked. He doesn't reply and I took his silence as my answer. "I know it's hard, Franco.  Honestly, I wouldn't want you to accept her back. She's only gonna cause you more pain. I can't just stand around and let that happen, man."

He sighed. "But –"

"No, Franco. I know you love her and you think she loves you back. Hell, love makes us seem like lunatics. Believing Rachel's lies would only hurt you more. I care about you a lot, man. And I guess I love you a lil' bit." I said. It felt awkward admitting to someone that I love them except for Sienna.

Franco wrinkled his nose in disgust. "Eww, don't start that sappy shit on me, bro."

I smacked his shoulder and crossed my arms against my chest. "Trust me, I don't plan on saying it to you more often but I just got to be honest with you, man. You're my brother. Your happiness is my top priority and same goes for Niccolò. We all care about you and watching you go through that horrible pain broke us more than you can ever imagine. Try to understand him."

"Okay, fine." He grumbled with a small smile. I can't take away his pain even if I desperately wanted to. All I can do right now is to be there for him.

"Think with your head this time. We don't wanna watch you get hurt again. I won't hold back anymore. If she tries anything, I'm gonna kill her. Something I should have done a long time ago." I added the last part in a slow whisper. Thankfully, he didn't hear that.

"Thanks a lot, Blade. Your support means the world to me. It's nice enough to know that you'll always be there when I need you and that's something I'm gonna treasure till I breathe my last breath." He said, a ghost of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. He looked relief. His eyes no longer held those tormenting emotions but I knew they were still there waiting to be unlocked again.

We engaged in a brief hug that didn't last up to a minute before he walked away to go find Nico and apologize.

~•~

This chapter is quite short!

I just had to get this part out of the way before we got down to business, lol.

Anyway, I hope you love this chapter? Did it meet your expectations quite well?? If not, let me know in the comment section.

Love you all❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 12.3K 53
I gasped when he turned us, pressing us against the hard wall and wrapped my leg around his waist. His body began grinding against mine, our tongues...
214K 4.6K 70
Skye Red was born into her family's mafia which just so happens to be the most powerful mafia. She is not a girl to mess with, she's fiery, flirty a...
60K 1K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
119 3 9
Eva Petrov, a 24 year old law student, has her whole life turned upside down when she is in the wrong place at the wrong time. After witnessing a bru...